Speaker 1: It's around the park with Dave Fleming, Giants and the Rangers here in Texas and our guests today OS Slaves. But Saves made a great first impression on the Giants. We're going to get to know O Slaves right after this. It's around the park with Dave Fleming and our guests today here in Texas is Giants infielder O Slaves, Basab who's done a great job coming up to this team the last few days, or when a girls is with us here just to help us out do the interview. First of all, you must be feeling confident and good. You you look very confident at the play right now. How are you feeling?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Well, First of all, I want to thank you for the interview, and what I want to say is that I was getting myself mentally ready, physically ready. I was getting prepared the minor league so that whenever my opportunity came, I was ready to do it. And you know, it's just happy with seeing that the actual work is being shown in the field.
Speaker 1: What's the way that you stay ready, stay prepared when you're playing down there hoping for this opportunity.
Speaker 3: No, it, Amilia, both, I'm my mom and Papa Mihauelo. I think what I want to say is that I had the family support, a great wife, parents, grandparents, you know, my family that was always there supporting me, cheuring me on, just giving me words of encouragement to never give up. And I want to say that that was the main reason that those were the main things that helped me.
Speaker 1: And speaking of family, your extended family, you have a lot of baseball family, right, Am I right about that?
Speaker 2: Yes, you're right.
Speaker 3: I come from a family of a lot of baseball players, and that's another thing that keeps motivating.
Speaker 2: Me, which you know I was.
Speaker 3: He was talking to me about it, how a lot of his cousins played baseball, some of them gave up, but my family was there to support me. I mean, my dad, my grandpa, my uncles, my cousins, they all play baseball. So you know, that's another motivation that helps me not giving up on my dream. And this is exactly what my family told me. That's the only thing I know how to do. I only know how to play.
Speaker 1: Baseballsave is our guest.
Speaker 2: How old were you when you knew, Hey, I'm good at this? You Hey, yeah, that's pretty young.
Speaker 1: I've let me ask you about how you describe yourself as a player.
Speaker 2: What style of baseball do you like to play?
Speaker 3: Then that I like to be aggressive, I like to feel calm. I like the type of baseball that Luisa Race plays. I like Jose Reyes, which was which is my was my favorite player. And I like Sandra Bolgert's type of baseball. So I tried to grab.
Speaker 2: A little bit.
Speaker 3: I like to be excited, have fun, but at the same time, just keep it cool.
Speaker 2: Yea. And I got to ask you about Mason Miller.
Speaker 4: Here's the set, basically loaded the pitch, swave lide, ride down on a field line. That's a base hit. What hops a long one run in? What damas is in? HiT's tied up the throat a second too? What double for Oswavies the seven who's having the night of his life?
Speaker 1: The bat you had the other night against the Padres closer who might have the best stuff in baseball. Can you tell me about that at bat and how you were feeling.
Speaker 3: Well, it's just competing, right, I mean, I don't think about his Mason Miller, he has a baseball I have a back. The whole approach for me was just make contact, hit a line drive, and I don't know what they're thinking, Oh my god, I'm facing Mason Miller or anything like that. He's just another baseball player, just like I am.
Speaker 1: The pitch you hit was one hundred and three miles an hour. You might I know you have fast hands. It looks to me like you have very fast hands.
Speaker 3: I think I do have fast hands. I mean to to this date, my dad works with me. He gives me a broomstick and just makes me swing away single way, So I think that helps.
Speaker 2: All right. Last question for Os Levees Giants.
Speaker 1: Has been a good fit for you being with the with the Giants?
Speaker 3: I di, I mean it's it's a good fit. I mean the Giants sign me last year. Then I got hurt that and get the opportunity that the Giants offered me to go uh as a free agent.
Speaker 2: I said no.
Speaker 3: I signed my contract, a minor league contract because this is where I wanted to play. I kind of figured that this was going to be my opportunity to play with the Giants.
Speaker 1: Muchas gracias, thanks for the time and keep it up.
Speaker 3: It's fun to watch you play. Thank you, and I have faith that this team is going to get up well, that's also Ladies with Giants.
Speaker 1: Pregame show continues here from Texas right after this