Speaker 1: Okay, it's postgame rap part one here in San Diego and John and I probably will just do this first segment without Kaype because he was delayed over on the TV side with a postgame interview. Look, this isn't exactly the same scenario because we're not at the end of the year, but Giants are likely to experience this in September where they're not gonna be in playoff contention barring something miraculous, but they.
Speaker 2: Are going to be playing teams that are.
Speaker 1: And I think it's a similar feeling this weekend because of the looming trade deadline on Monday. These are huge games for the Padres trying to decide what they need.
Speaker 2: Are they in? Are they out?
Speaker 1: They are a game above five hundred after the Giants beat them tonight, And it's fun. You know, when you're a team that the season hasn't gone the way.
Speaker 2: That you hoped it would.
Speaker 1: I think you get a little jolt of adrenaline, a little boost when you get to play in a game that you know is really meaningful. And this isn't exactly like a late September Pennant Race game, but to me, it has a similar kind of feeling. Because of how important these are for the pods.
Speaker 3: Your team is not in the Pennant race except you play a contender. For those games, you're in the race, and you definitely I think have especially the Giants, because they have a lot of veteran players, so they've been through these things. They've been at pennet races, So I think I think the Giants also they like to show that, hey, maybe our record is not great, but when we're all in here, we can beat anybody.
Speaker 4: We can beat you.
Speaker 3: So we're going to show you about that these next three four days.
Speaker 1: And it's an opportunity for you mentioned a veteran Giants players, an opportunity for a lot of these young guys to play with some of the injuries. Chant it's been a healthy team most of the year. Now all of a sudden, all the injuries are piling up, and guys like Sussac and Costs are are taking advantage, and Eric Miller's getting a chance to be the closer.
Speaker 2: And Kype has joined us. Now.
Speaker 1: I think that's a cool part of what's happening over the last few weeks. Win or lose some of these guys who weren't getting much of an opportunity earlier for lots of different reasons, are looking like they're ready maybe to take advantage of it.
Speaker 4: Yes, let's draw some positivity out of being fifteen games under five hundred. Yeah, you get to see what you got in the organization, and who knows, in September, we may see some other people to figure out, you know, what's out there. Yeah, And in all honesty, I liked all of the advats tonight from Grant McCrae.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did too.
Speaker 4: And I mean, here's a kid that has been told time and time again you need to cut out on your strike cuts. You didn't strike out tonight, and he plays wonderful defense. So anyway, I mean, all of that is great. And you mix that in with a veteran Robbie Ray, who knows maybe his last start with the Giants. Yeah, this was a good night. Rookie hits another home run, susak. Yeah, you can't beat this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And we'll take our break here, but we're gonna spend a few minutes talking about Robbie Ray in our second segment.
Speaker 2: Whoever picks him, because he deserves to be celebrated.
Speaker 1: It is probably his last Giant start, Absolutely he was great. All right, we'll take our break and come back with more after this. Okay, postgame rap Part two. I know we're gonna pick Robbie Ray, but there are a lot of other guys to highlight. So John, why don't you go first to Oh.
Speaker 3: Dave if that's okay with you, because you could go with.
Speaker 2: It first if you like.
Speaker 4: I've already thrown one fit this week. I'm not going to throw another one.
Speaker 2: He's mister happy now.
Speaker 4: And then do you see had a chance to cut out a bad word? I said, you know, the good friend that he is. Just leave it in there and see if Cape gets a spanking.
Speaker 2: For crying out.
Speaker 4: Pete say, yeah, you go.
Speaker 5: Ahead, so I should go ahead and a fine, Yeah, all right, Charlotte, I'm I'm going Daniel susak Uh because all of a sudden, you know, he reminds me a little bit.
Speaker 2: He's built a little bit like the guy used to.
Speaker 3: Play second for the Rockies and he was like six foot four, six foot five of the gold glove second basement.
Speaker 2: Then he would and he he would hit really well.
Speaker 3: But he has to look five or six home runs at Chorus Field, and then he goes to the Yankees, and all of a sudden, he's hitting the home runs, and he's hitting winning batting titles and still winning gold run and Susa is built a little bit like him and the but all of a sudden, now he he also looks like it just right from two days ago, and now he's now he's hitting on the long ball, so uh it's And this was a tape measures shot up into the second balcony and left field, so pretty impressive. And then he got the Sack fly the Joshua was struggling so badly to get another run they had kept having and he got the fourth run home, which I thought that was a big run.
Speaker 4: So Sue Sack is my guy. And John he didn't play if he doesn't catch well. And do you see what Webb said in the paper call called the whole game the whole game yesterday. Yeah, maybe it was interesting. Maybe he called the whole game tonight. But you got to give him credit for part of what Robbie Raid did. So that's a good pick. That's a good point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a good pick.
Speaker 3: I mean I didn't give him credit for it, but I'm going with office.
Speaker 2: I am an offense.
Speaker 4: Guys, you are an offensive.
Speaker 3: Ye, good pick or offensive one way or they are maybe yeah, maybe.
Speaker 4: Not all the time. Sometimes, Uh so you took, susaid, Well, I'm gonna take the bullpen. Those three guys came in, they didn't allow a run, and Miller actually made the ninth sitting like, oh, I do this all the time. Mike made a good point. No, it's a little bit like Santiago Casilla were the first pitch he throws is important. That first pitch is a strike. It seems to relax including him. Maybe. So anyway, the whole bullpen, Yeah, good.
Speaker 2: Pick, good good call. Maybe the Giants have a ninth inning pitcher now.
Speaker 4: Susaid said something to uh our people in the in the studio after the game about he thought that Miller is pitch pitching angry good and he said that's a good thing. So maybe he can be angry for like five years.
Speaker 2: I might have a few suggestions of how to tweak him, like but for.
Speaker 4: You, hey fat or something derogatory.
Speaker 2: Oh whatever, no, don't take that person.
Speaker 4: Wasn't no harm yeah, I mean you, yeah, it wasn't meant that way. It was like, I know, insult him, yes, I know, get him mad.
Speaker 2: I know what was he mad about. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Dave laughed harder than anybody I did.
Speaker 2: I laughed really good pick up.
Speaker 1: Let's uh, hey, I'll let Mike take Robbie Ray. Yea, he would, and we don't have to go along on Robbie Ray. But he's he was hurt when the Giants acquired him. He worked his tail off for a brand new organization to come back healthy.
Speaker 2: He had a huge contract.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying not everybody would try to get back, but he didn't have to.
Speaker 2: Do that, and he.
Speaker 1: He worked his way back. Last year, he had a great first and kind of tailed off. This year, he's put it all together. He's getting better as the year goes on. I really admire Robbie Raight.
Speaker 4: I did too, And I mean he's a good veteran for the young guys to watch. Yeah quiet uh, you know he looks like he might bite your head off. Maybe not, but there's nothing wrong with that. I mean, young young pitchers have to see that.
Speaker 2: Great role model for everybody. Robbie Ray great guy. Yeah, he really is.
Speaker 3: I didn't realize what a great guy he was. Just a guy with these other teams.
Speaker 4: You got to get involved in the conversation with him, and once you do, yeah, he will then.
Speaker 2: Gay realize that.
Speaker 1: But I so Mike takes him and all of us salute him. If it's his last giant start, I'm taking devs man. Devers was.
Speaker 2: He played a heck of a game.
Speaker 1: He had a home run, Robbie had an incredible bunt hit and use his legs to score on a the sackfly John was talking about. And he had another couple of hits and was everywhere. He was hitting the ball hard. He played inspired ball tonight, Raffi Devers like, I think that was one of his best games.
Speaker 4: And then all of a sudden, our group pull out the home run that Tatis took away from him last year.
Speaker 2: I know, quit doing it to him.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, I thought it was three nothing when he hit it.
Speaker 2: But he smoked that thing. He had a good game, So good for Raffie. Keep it up clean. He can bunt.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he looked like Rod Carew on the bun.
Speaker 2: It's an awesome bun.
Speaker 3: He bunted I And then they looked down him because I remember thinking, oh, I thought Devers was up, and I look at it.
Speaker 2: It is Devers. Wow, it's kind of cool.
Speaker 4: Somewhere along the line, he was thinner and faster.
Speaker 2: And and learned how to do it, probably as.
Speaker 4: A kid exactly.
Speaker 2: And he's he's he hasn't forgotten.
Speaker 4: He had all the right look as to how you're supposed to But on the third base line.
Speaker 3: I did do a game at Fenway years ago when he was a rookie and David Ortiz bunted the big you know, Big Poppy, and we interviewed him after the game. I said, I've never seen you bunt before. Where did that come from? And he said that when he was in the farm system with the Minnesota Twins. The Twins had a policy that if you didn't know how to bunt, you can't get to the big leagues. You that's you show us you know how to bunt, and then then we'll think about sending you up. So said, I knew how to bun, said, this guy has been tough on me. They were giving it, give me the bunch, so I took it.
Speaker 2: Awesome, so take it.
Speaker 3: They gave it to Devers tonight, So I was somehow Big Poppy might have been involved in that.
Speaker 4: I'm sure it was.
Speaker 2: Could be.
Speaker 1: Prophie's my guy Okay, what's on deck? Sponsored by your California four dealers. It is Friday night, Tomorrow night, Giants to try to make it two in a row against the Padres and I Wizen Hunt I believe.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, Wizard Hunt's going to start tomorrow.
Speaker 4: That's my I'm not well. I'm going to try to get here tomorrow night. You are you guys?
Speaker 1: Apple TV has the telecast, so there's no Giants telecast.
Speaker 4: Yes, I was told tonight by my daughter. My grandkids are here and Dannon and Zach they we have a really major dinner reservation tomorrow at like five thirty six o'clock.
Speaker 2: Okay, you guys ready for this? Yeah?
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to hear where spaghetti factory.
Speaker 2: Only the best.
Speaker 4: I can't wait.
Speaker 1: We might sling some meat balls around the spaghetti factory.
Speaker 4: We walked by that place for the last thirty years. I never once thinking about never going into the air. Now I can't wait. Three grandkids, you're there? What about the we used to go to a place here called Ocean Air. Yeah yeah that was Mike close no.
Speaker 3: No closed pandemic. Yeah, because you can get a Baltimore crab cake there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I liked it when my was with us and he had his credit card because Ocean air that.
Speaker 2: Was that was the cheap.
Speaker 4: That was a good one.
Speaker 2: It was good, really good.
Speaker 4: We went there one time, all of us and John started asking the guy where the oysters were from. Yeah, and and they're like, really that makes a difference. And they're from other areas. I thought they just came from one one oys under farm.
Speaker 5: And Nebraska, Omaha, Yeah, great oyster farm.
Speaker 1: Anyway, enjoy and then maybe come over and you wanted to know what's on deck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what's on deck for Buba. Enjoy.
Speaker 4: I'll be going and then after that I'll come over here.
Speaker 2: Come over here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sometimes need some milk, so pushing buttons and whatnot.
Speaker 4: I'll let him go to the bathroom and I'll take over.
Speaker 2: I can't wait for that. We're off air. Uh what's mon tech?
Speaker 1: Sponsored by your California four dealers and the legendary four f one fifty truck.
Speaker 2: Visit by Ford now dot com today to find yours. All right, we'll have the highlights right after this