Speaker 1: You were listening to Fair and Biased with John Lund. Follow us on exit Instagram at KNBR. This is the sports Leader.
Speaker 2: Thanks you joining us.
Speaker 3: Give me thirty seconds to cake care a little bit of business. John Lund with you. Thank you, thank you, thank you for joining us. Danny Emmerman, I'm a huge fan of Danny does a great job.
Speaker 2: Hello Danny. No no, no, no, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 3: Danny's going to join us at about eleven thirty four ish five six something in that range.
Speaker 2: You know how it is around here.
Speaker 3: We are fluid here on fair and Bias, But schedule comes out or has come out, and we're gonna ask Danny about it, the good, bad and ugly about the Warriors, schedule less national games, lots of back to backs, those kind of things. Plus Danny's the one who asked the question of Mike dunleavy on Tuesday when he talked about Steph Curry. I want to talk to Danny about that. He's from the SF Standard and he does an outstanding So we're gonna talk to him coming up in the next segment, very very shortly. But we've got a poll that we need to erect momentarily. But do remember the Giants are in constant churn. Up Turner Hill and Jonah Cox down, Nate Ferman and Grant McCrae. Grant McGray was hitting less than Michael Jackson Wade and if you do that, it's not good. I think he was back in the like nineties. So that's not good. That's not good. So he will be going back. Uh, Turner Hill, Jonah Cox, welcome back. So Turner Hill is twenty seven, but he's hit three p fifty two this year with nine homers and sixty eight RBIs and triple A. Jona Cox is the really intriguing one because his numbers this year across two levels. He'sitting four fifteen, let's go thirty four steals guys of rock and obviously it was up for just a little while. But I mean, at this point, why not play him. I mean, come on, dude, let's see. I mean, you know, Grant McGray for a long time has been around and it's like, let's let's see what else everybody's got. Let's see everyboy's juice, all right, So there you go. That's what's going on as far as the Giants are concerned. Before we get to the big Pole, and by the way, we need your participation in the big Pole. All you have to do is go to YouTube and on our YouTube page at CAMBR you can check out out as well on the YouTube page and again you can see my.
Speaker 2: Bright shiny face.
Speaker 3: So if you'd like to do that, that is absolutely great, or we'd love to hear from you the Golden State Lumber and Showroom text line. Hit us up with your answer at eight to eight KMBR four and five eighty eight five six two seven. That is conveniently the phone line, and we'd love to hear your voice as well, so that it's not just me yip yapping out. You have for four hours four one five eighty eight KMBR.
Speaker 2: You can use the.
Speaker 3: Phone line as well, and we are live in the CAMBR Casino Matrix, Progressive Studios, Progressive Matrix, Progressive Jackpots are here.
Speaker 2: Where are you?
Speaker 3: Just drop in at one eight hundred Gambler, let's erect the big pole, grab.
Speaker 1: This hoole time for that daily pole.
Speaker 2: It's my poll.
Speaker 1: This is fair and biased on the Sports Leader.
Speaker 2: I got to grab my pole.
Speaker 3: That's a ten out of ten because that was a Radnet's a little that that they ten out of ten.
Speaker 2: Absolutely well done by everybody.
Speaker 3: All right, here is I have to explain the question because I know there's going to be people from the South Bay going ah, and I understand, Okay, Macklin celebrity is not eligible for the pole. Macklan celebrity is not eligible for the pole because he's a superstar. He's not a young player, he's a superstar. But you're on the cover of a video game. Yeah, right, so he look, he would be eligible by age, but he's not eligible.
Speaker 2: Because he's already a superstar. So it's very, very simple.
Speaker 3: Everyone's on the hype train for Dejohn Stribbling totally get it. Seven catches, sixty two yards. He's looked absolutely great. He's checking all the boxes. Who is the most exciting young player in the Bay Area, the most exciting young player? Okay, I just told you, even though people are going to still say Celebrini on the text line, and I get it. Dejon Stribbling, Yaxel Lindenbourg or Bryce Eldritch, those are your three choices. I know that Celebrini is great and by age is lligible, but by superstar status is not who you bet not Essentially, what we're asking you for is who you bet on? You bet on Bryce Eldridge, you bet on Dejehn Stribbling, or you bet non Yaxl which one of the three that is the big poll today. That's a hard one because we were talking about this before the show. I mean, I like what Eldridge is bringing to the table. I think he's going to adjust to some of the things that people are doing to them doing to him. If you did not hear the show at the beginning, shame on you. If I had a ruler, I would smack your hand. But it's okay. You have stuff to do and you have a regular life and you can't be here twenty four to seven, three sixty five.
Speaker 2: I get it, but try to do better.
Speaker 3: But we talked about at the beginning, San Francisco is going to get the All Star Game in twenty twenty eight. So that's pretty cool and I would love nothing more if Bryce Eldridge were in set All Star Game or home run derby in All Star Game and knocking it out of the yard. That'd be pretty cool. And that's you always want to have a hometown guy in that. So Eldridge is there. Lennenbourg has looked great. He looked great in the summer league. But it's the same thing I say when you as the the Warriors are trying to rely on younger players. This goes across all sports. To me, it's a lottery ticket. I hope he's great. He's an older player. He certainly got perspective. He was great at Michigan. I expect him to be a player that is going to be solid for the Warriors. But to say that in his first year he's going to somehow change them, I don't think that's the case. I think he right now what I would call him just having seen him and not having seen him on an NBA court in the regular season. I think his first year he can be a nice role player, certainly be in the rotation. Then all bets are off at that point and then stribbling. And it's kind of the same thing. We talked about it with Matt Meyoko just a second ago. What you do in preseason is you just all you can do is checkboxes.
Speaker 2: Okay, he stands out of camp. He's got it. Let me back up.
Speaker 3: He's got all the measurables in college and he looks great, and he's at Old Miss and we see it all the time. And he's got the size speed, right. Al Davis would be like Al Davis would be salivating over this guy, size, speed, all that kind of you know, the ratio that you want to have, the guy that you can say to your your general manager.
Speaker 2: I don't know why he didn't. He didn't succeed.
Speaker 3: He's running a four three six, he's big, he's strong, he's got good hands, he's this and that, so he's got everything across the board, and everybody's getting excited. Personally, I'm gonna wait till the regular season. He can have the greatest preseason in the history of mankind. But as I did to you yesterday, and I won't do it again. You know, we thought that Trey Lance, after he threw that great touchdown down the sideline that we played for yesterday that made a bunch of people run into the ditch.
Speaker 2: We thought after that, it's like, oh my god, JIMMYO.
Speaker 3: You know, we're just all excited about it. So you know, you never know from the preseason. But those are your three options. We will keep checking in if I had to guess on one, and I what I like to do is guess what the fans are gonna say. I'm gonna say the fans will resist the Dejonn stribbling, even though it's as of the right now, and I think they'll say Bryce Eldridge. That's what I think everyone's gonna say. I think everyone's gonna say Bryce Eldridge. So again, hit us up, give us your thoughts at four eighty eight, five six two seven. That is wide open on the Golden State lumber In text Room show line. And then what we'll do is we'll start opening up the phone line and give us your thoughts. That is the big poll of the day, other than Maclin celebrating who's already a superstar, Yaxel Eldridge or stribbling, who would you take as the most exciting.
Speaker 2: Young superstar in the bay?
Speaker 3: All right, Danny Emmerman is going to join us coming up next from the FSF Standard.
Speaker 2: We'll talk to me about Mike Dunlevy. He asked that question of Mike Dunlevy.
Speaker 3: Kind of interesting on in the future of Steph Curry, but also the schedule has come out. What is his analysis of the Warriors schedule? To talk to Danny emmermanbot at next only here I'm the Sports Leader.
Speaker 2: Thanks for Jonas Fair and Bias Radio. We appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Hanging out with us ten to two is all we ask five days a week, Monday through Friday. That is not too much to ask for the high level of entertainment value that you will receive every single day.
Speaker 2: For an example, Danny Emmerman is absolutely great.
Speaker 3: He's one of the best writers in the Bay and you should be reading all of his stuff at the San Francisco Standard, at SF Standard at Danny Emmerman. If you do follow him, I promise you you'll be smarter about the worries. He's got a great breakdown of the schedule. Also, we're going to talk to him. He asked the question of Mike Dunley about Steph Curry, which is kind of interesting, which we've been talking about this week. So we'll talk everything Warriors with Danny Emmerman from the SF Standard and he joins his courtesy of the UMA guest line.
Speaker 2: How are you Man, I'm doing great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, celebrated five years in San Francisco today.
Speaker 5: Ran ten miles this morning. All good. Please to be with you, John, Congrats on returning to the Leader.
Speaker 2: Thanks man. I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: First of all, we've known Danny that long and I say this every time you come on. But my young son just graduated from Arizona State and the Kronkat School, and he's on a beat just like you. And you were one of the nicest people to him because he's a baseball junkie, like you're a basketball junkie, and you love baseball too.
Speaker 2: I know that too.
Speaker 3: But one time you walked up to him in the Giants clubhouse and it was the first time he had been in a major league clubhouse, and you go, hey, man, if you need anything, you just let me know. It was one of the coolest things ever. And so I know you pay it forward. I know you've become just a really great writer and really great at what you do. So I appreciate it, and I appreciate you coming on first and foremost. And you've got this in the SF Standard right now. What are just your first impressions of looking at the Warriors schedule.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it's a much much cleaner schedule than last year. I think last year was kind of brutal in the beginning. I think twelve of the first fourteen or so games are on the road. They have a couple of hillacious road trips.
Speaker 5: It seems a.
Speaker 4: Little bit more manageable this year, I would say, but you know, it's an NBA schedule. You're gonna play everyone in your conference four times, You're gonna play the Eastern Conference twice, like it is what it is at the end of the day, and you stand on the NBA Cup like does that matter.
Speaker 3: I'm so glad you asked me that we must be telepathic because in my mind as I was looking across the schedule and of course it's you know, it's it's in what awkward whatever it is.
Speaker 2: But uh, I just I'm trying to get into it.
Speaker 3: And I remember I was talk to Mark Spears right when it first came out, and I go, He insisted to me that it would grow on me and it was gonna get better, and I just I just I haven't gotten around to it. And I'm not a hater, like I want to like new things, you know, I like new technology, new things. I want to like it, but I just I can't come around to it.
Speaker 4: What do you think the Cup games do generally have a different feel, you know, you get the different courts and the actual games in Vegas if you advance like, those are intense games, and I think that's a huge, you know, benefit to the NBA and to the NBA basketball fandom world just to get early December intensity Like that's great. But I do find it kind of hard to get up for, you know, when we're talking about it in August and when the games look kind of strange on the schedules, it's difficult to be to have like anticipation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know, the courts are cool, and I get what they're trying to do and it's not always aimed at me. There's there's a lot of different things that they're trying to do. But I guess what I'm thinking is, Okay, I know the Lakers won one, who else won one?
Speaker 2: Like, I can't see. That's the thing is it's not memorable to me.
Speaker 3: I Like, I can remember what it's like, and I like the courts, and I don't have an issue with what they're trying to do. And I'm I'm for innovation in all of sports like throw it at me and different things that baseball tries to do. And yeah, it's it's great. I just it's not memorable to memorable to me, you know, I just I don't know. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm being a grinch about it. But is there something where you'd say, hey, remember that time that so and so did this during the Cup, Like we don't have those moments like I remember, I remember, you know, Anaobi tipping the ball in for the Knicks.
Speaker 2: They'll win a title.
Speaker 3: But I don't remember anything about anything that happened during the Cup.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's just me.
Speaker 4: You can't compare to the NBA finals, the conference finals, but yeah, I mean a couple of great games last year with the Spurs and the Thunder, including a Cup game. Yeah, go back Indiana was super fun. The Knicks, you know, they took the Cup really seriously.
Speaker 5: So it's here or there.
Speaker 4: But if you and I can't really remember so many details and that kind of said something.
Speaker 2: I guess, yeah. And it is a long year, so I get why they're doing it.
Speaker 3: Danny Immerman is joning us from the SF Standard, did a great job this morning, as he always does in all his writings, in looking at the Warriors' schedules. So it's a couple of things stand out, and this is just what happens. Things evolve and something you mentioned is okay, so they wait for Lebron and now Philly's got thirty four national games and some of those teams, and they're kind of moving down the pecking order they're at.
Speaker 2: They're not right in the middle of.
Speaker 3: The day and Christmas they're the last one against Denver, but they're still there. I think it's twenty eight national games, if I'm not wrong. So they're slowly being phased a little bit out. But Steph Curry still Steph Curry. So how do you look at that?
Speaker 5: I think that's all true.
Speaker 4: They have the six most games on national TV, tied with Denver at twenty eight. Last year they had thirty four, which was tied for the most. So I do think pairing them back from first to six is noteworthy. I think it's a sign of the times. I think it represents like the reality that the Warriors are in.
Speaker 5: And one data.
Speaker 4: Point that I would point to for that is Warriors had the most national TV games last year and one study, you know, concluded that they were the ninth most watched team on national TV. A lot of that had to do with Steph Curry missing a bunch of those national TV games, so that matters. But maybe you know, going from thirty four to twenty eight, that's baking that possibility in that. Hey, like, we don't know if Steph's going to be healthy for this, and that's something that the schedule makers and the TV broadcasting teams are considering, and it's something that the Warriors are considering too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's no doubt at Danny Emmerman. Make sure that you're following Danny. It's got a breakdown of the Warriors schedule that was just released yesterday. We're doing a big poll today and we you know, we got to throw Macklin Celebrinie out of it, but the most exciting young player in the Bay not named MacLean Celebrini because John stribbling.
Speaker 2: Everybody's going crazy for the Niners.
Speaker 3: Wide receiver Bryce Eldridge is obviously in there, and we put Yaxel in there for it just the first year. What do you expect him to be for the Warriors?
Speaker 4: Expect him to be someone who plays and plays a lot. I expect him to contribute to winning in a bunch of different ways.
Speaker 5: I'm super high on him.
Speaker 4: I've been super high on him since before the draft and I thought that they knocked the pick out.
Speaker 5: Of the park. And I think that on the if.
Speaker 4: We're talking numbers, like on the high side of his projection, like could he be a fourteen, four and four guy, Like.
Speaker 5: I think that's pretty reasonable.
Speaker 4: That might be, you know, a seventy fifth percentile outcome, and that's a really good player.
Speaker 5: Right away, I look at you know, there's gonna be a.
Speaker 4: Lot of talk about how the Warriors get through the season and how they get through back to backs. They're gonna need you Axle to play a ton of minutes in those back to back games. They're gonna need him to have the ball in his hands and create, and we'll see if, like any other rookie, he hits a rookie wall, if he struggles, Like, none of those things are out of the question. In fact, they're probably likely. But yeah, they're gonna lean on Yaxl a lot. They're gonna lean on Brandon Pajemski a lot. I don't know where he ranked in your Exciting Young Bay Area Athletes lists, but I look at a like a back to back in mid November Dallas and Memphis on the road, that's gonna be Yaxle playing against Mares Johnson Junior we won a title.
Speaker 5: With with Michigan, and.
Speaker 4: Then the next night Cam Boozer, who he has like kind of a budding, burgeoning rivalry with already. So that's really exciting and that's definitely gonna be something for fans to watch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a great call by you looking at those two games.
Speaker 3: You you asked the question of of Mike Dunlevy and he answered it in kind of a way that at least I took that, Hey, no matter what Joe lacub says, and no matter what Mike Dunleavy says, if Steph says, hey, you know what, I do want to win at the end more than I want to be a single team guy. Now, I had Marcus Thompson on the other day, and you already know this because you cover the team every day.
Speaker 2: Step wants to stay here.
Speaker 3: So I don't think he's going to get traded, but if there's some kind of a wild hair but because and then he was on with the TK Show and Joe said, we're not trading him and this is all just clickbait and everything like that. But maybe this is just my media mind in the way that my ears heard this, but I did hear Mike dunleevy say to your question that they would have to consider it. So how did you take Mike Dunleavy's answer to your question.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know that that specific answer from Mike got a lot of blowback, a lot of online outrage. I saw someone call it like his worst moment or worst press comps. I didn't really consider it that way. I thought he handles himself fine. Now, I'm like in defense of Mike Dunley here, but I really commend him and appreciate him being forthcoming and honest, And that was an interesting answer. He didn't need to take it there in terms of saying, hey, if Steph comes to us and asks out like, we'll work with him. He didn't need to do that. That was not a necessary thing to do, which in itself that he brought it.
Speaker 5: Up is kind of noteworthy. But I think the intent behind.
Speaker 4: That was more so does express it that the warriors understand the power dynamics of the situation. They know that Steph holds the cards, they know that he wants to be there. They want him there, and at the end of the day, it's really his decision. I think that's really all Mike was trying to get across.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do too.
Speaker 3: I mean I didn't blow it out of proportion. I just simply and I don't know Steph well enough to say this. You obviously know him better. Marcus knows him really well. That Joe was saying afterwards with TK that look, I know him really well.
Speaker 2: He's a neighbor of mine. He's going to stay.
Speaker 3: Of course, the organization doesn't want him to leave, and I would think that he's not going to leave. But if Steph gets frustrated, I mean, he's made those comments and you've been standing right there at times over the last few years where he's like, I want to win in a really high level. I don't think it changes anything for Steph. He doesn't have to win any more titles or do anything like that. But it also wouldn't completely shock me if he decided, Okay, for a year or two, I'll do that, then I'll come back to the organization. It almost reminds me of like a Brady situation. Brady's a Patriot through and through. It doesn't matter that he left for a couple of years to Tampa Bay. But knowing Steph do you think he would ever ask that or it's just so important that he's a one team guy and just wants to stay.
Speaker 4: I think it's very important to him that he stays with the Warriors for his entire career. I think he's been pretty consistent about.
Speaker 5: That over the years.
Speaker 4: Is it possible, Like you can't completely write it off, Like, of course it's possible. It's something that he could do, But I don't see it. I'm on your side there, Lundon. I don't think he's ever gonna ask out. I think he wants to stay with the Warriors. I think that's very important to him. The Brady comp is a little bit different. The Patriots kind of pushed him out, you know. Yeah, you're right, Belichick thought he was done. The Warriors don't think that. The Warriors think that Steph Curry is still great. He is still great. They think he might, you know, be able to play until he's forty forty five, Like who knows. They aren't going to bet against it. They know how well conditioned of an athlete he is, how driven he's so they're not going to bet against it. And I think if he wants to play until he's forty five.
Speaker 5: The Warriors would be.
Speaker 4: Thrilled with that, and who knows what that looks like in terms of contract numbers and what his performance actually looks like, how healthy he can be.
Speaker 5: But the Warriors are a team that wants him to stay.
Speaker 4: You've seen how loyal they are and how loyal he's been to them.
Speaker 3: Danny, great stuff, man, I'm a huge fan. Congratulations on five years in the bay. You've just done some great work and I think we're just scratching the surface with you. People are lucky that you're covering the workers man, and it's great to have you on the show and great to reconnect.
Speaker 2: Man, You're one of the best. Thank you so much.
Speaker 5: I appreciate it, all right, thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, take care. That's Danny Immerman.
Speaker 6: F S.
Speaker 3: Standard does an amazing job covering the way Warriors at Danny Amerman, and make sure that you're following him. He was with us at KMB already first got here, and he's just gotten better and better and better.
Speaker 2: He was with the Bear and Newsgroup for a while.
Speaker 3: SF Standard and the crew over there who do a great job, guys like John Shay and Lombardy and all those guys. So he just does a great job with the Warriors. I'm a huge fan, and you know, when he first got here, people would remember and I told you the story. We were we were in the clubhouse and my son who's in the business now, who I've talked about through the years, George just graduated from Arizona State and the Cronk High School down there, and it was the first time he was in the clubhouse and and Emmerman's like, hey man, whatever you need, I think you can see like my kids wide eyes and everyone was like, hey man. I got to and he was, you know, Danny was a young guy and still is a young guy at the time. And then what was very very impressive was Gabe Kapler. And we go into Kapler's office and it was a really small office and he had a bunch of bourbon there.
Speaker 2: And I think I've told this story before.
Speaker 3: I was all I was thinking was I wonder how I can get some of that really nice bourbon into my jacket.
Speaker 2: But anyway, I wasn't thinking that. I'm just kidding. The giants are like, you can never come back into our clubhouse.
Speaker 3: But Gabe kind of was in a you know, kind of a smarmy mood that day and a bad mood.
Speaker 2: I think they had probably lost.
Speaker 3: And he was kind of challenging Danny, and Danny was just like right back at him and not in a negative way, and just in a way that was like very confident, and I thought, this guy's going places. I mean, he's a really really good reporter. So anyway, there you go, all right, the substation. We're gonna do two things we come back. Number one, Tim will tell us what's going on with today's big pole. There's angry people on the text line for various reasons because of said polls, so I'll get to those as well. And you are more than welcome on the Golden State Lumberg Showroom text line to be angry, happy, or indifferent or somewhere in between.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Cambr, what do you hate? Exactly?
Speaker 3: It's Friday? What do you hate? Eightaway KVR hit us up on that. You are more than welcome to jump on a phone line as well at four one five eightyweight CAMBR that is five six two seven. If you are a challenge, just put that in your phone until you can either call her text and then we have got to put the substation to bed. Maybe we'll play that one more time, the one that has played today that I thought was rather funny. Maybe we'll play that and then we'll put the substation to bed. It's science, after all. We'll tell you about it next only here on.
Speaker 2: The sports Leader.
Speaker 1: Stare into John Lunn's eyes. If you dare watch the show on the Sports Leader. Mom, now back up, fair and Biased.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that one's a creepy one. We're going to fix that. Liner. Hey, thanks for joining us.
Speaker 3: It is a fair and bias with your good friend John Lund. I am very happy to be back. If you have not heard earlier in the week about my enthusiasm to be back, but of course split because I want my great friend Greg Papa to be.
Speaker 2: Well and good. Let's go to my.
Speaker 3: Social media pages at John I wrote a piece exactly one WEEKU go today that illustrated it. So if you're turning in for the curiosity factor and you're like, well, I hasn't Lund addressed that?
Speaker 2: I have. I've just it many times during.
Speaker 3: The week, specifically on Monday, So you can go back to the show on Monday if you want to go back and listen to that podcast at the beginning of the show at ten o'clock on Monday, I did it. I've done it numerous times throughout the week as well, but it is explained in depth. I would tell you at John Lund Radio and it's pinned at the top there and you can read the piece that I wrote about coming back to canbr.
Speaker 2: I just look. If you haven't heard, I just loved doing this, man, I've been doing it thirty years. I love it.
Speaker 3: I love the Bay, I love talking about teams in the Bay, and I've just been afforded a really great opportunity.
Speaker 2: But like I said, it is a weird situation. I'm not going to lie to you.
Speaker 3: Finally kind of feeling comfortable in the seat this week, had a great week of shows.
Speaker 2: I think it's been great.
Speaker 3: Very excited to be working with Tim Webb, who's producing the program, because Tim and I have known each other for a bunch of years.
Speaker 2: Oh whoa whoa. Very excited.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very I mean the most excited I could possibly be in my entire life. Better than my marriage, better than the birth of my child, better than probably yeah anything. When he saw that Bourbon cart then well, not that I was, I was just plotting, like maybe if Gabe laves and the rest of these people leave. It's almost like Charlie and the Chocolate Factor. Remember they did the Bubbles. They had the bubbles, and everybody left and they're like, ah, let's just try a little like you know, he had hid these really fancy bottles and they need poured booze into really fancier bottles.
Speaker 2: And I was like, I bet that's really good.
Speaker 3: And he's a big cigar and Scotch guy, and I have to like those same things. And I was like, man, if I could just and then yeah, it wasn't gonna work. The day I learned what a decanter was exactly, that was beautiful. It was absolutely great. But anyway, yeah, it's a great crew that we have. And like I said, I absolutely am split on this whole thing, but I just have a tremendous amount of passion. Hopefully it comes through in the air. I love doing the show. I love talking to you. This is just the beginning of it. We're gonna have more and more fun as the weeks go on. The only things, like I said, hit me up at John Lunn Radio. I like to make sure that this is known and then we'll reset and get back on the show. I like this to be known. I don't believe that I'm always right. I love to have debates with you, in discussions with you. It's not angry, it's not bitter. The host doesn't think he's always right. And if you've got a different angle on things, I totally get it. There's a bunch of people on the line right now, are on the text line right now that're like, hey, man, you got to put Macklin celebrity in there. I'm giving the utmost respect to Macklin Celebrity. He is a young player and he absolutely could be on this kind of a list of our big pole and I'm going to ask him in just a second where we're at on it.
Speaker 2: But he's he's a superstar, so he was going to run away with the thing, I think.
Speaker 3: And so the three I put on or we put on the big pole today the most exciting young player in the bay. Acknowledging that Macklin Celebrity would win in a landslide, the Jean stribbling because he is the latest Eyaxel who we just talked to Danny Emmerman about and he expects him to have like a fourteen four and four type of a season which is very solid.
Speaker 2: I don't know, you know, he may turn into a superstar. That word is better hope.
Speaker 3: So and then the last and I think the one that may win this and it may be a landslide anyway, because Giants fans are counting on it, and that would be Bryce Eldridge.
Speaker 2: So you can vote for one of these three.
Speaker 3: Someone also hit the text line and said, what no female contributors on that.
Speaker 2: I'm a sexist pig. Just kidding.
Speaker 3: I'm not a sexist pig. If you'd like to suggest one, I'll bring it up. That's what I mean. That's what the text line is for. If you bring up one of your own, that's absolutely fine. It's not like we, you know, thought of everybody. So give me give me a young lady who is you think is a superstar in the Bay Area and will certainly consider that as well. So hit us up at eight to wa KMBR. It is the Golden State Lumber and Showroom text line.
Speaker 2: Hit us up on that.
Speaker 3: What is the initial results here before we get into the one last look at the substation?
Speaker 2: What are the initial results?
Speaker 3: Well, it might be some recncy biased just because we saw Deshaun stribbling last night. But right now he's leading with a fifty percent of the votes. Bryce Eldridge second with thirty three percent, and Yaxel seventeen. And that one's hard because I haven't seen them all that much.
Speaker 2: Right summerly, Yeah, I figured that.
Speaker 3: I thought maybe, But you know, we've seen a little bit of yax we kind of know what he's going to be. I think most people think what Danny Emmerman said is one hundred percent accurate, which is he'll be a solid role player. He'll be in the rotation, should be in the first year. Maybe he'll get better. I always think it's funny when people say, oh, he's an older prospect. He's twenty three, Like, it's not like he couldn't have upside. So yeah, I think he'll be solid in the first year and then we'll just see from there. Eldridge is, you know, he's the great hope of the Giants. He's he's looked really good. He's had some issues. I think he's going to adjust. It's everybody knows what this is about. It's about baseball adjusting to him and him adjusting back. But he's been really, really solid and then yeah, stribbling looks great. And this is some conversation that we had with Matt Mayoko just a few minutes ago. He's got to be really great, and I know that I don't I don't want to put that kind of pressure on the kid. And like I said, I use Rookies's lottery tickets and we'll kind of see what happens from there. But as I look at the draft, and I don't mean to anger you when I say this, but when I look at like Seattle's draft, for example, when you go back to like twenty twenty three, when they hit on Witherspoon and Jackson Smith and Jigman the first round, and you saw Derek Hall what he did in the Super Bowl, and they hit on him in that in that same draft, and then you know, even before that, they had a draft the year before that that was Charles Cross who's their starting left tackling Kenneth Walker who was the MVP of the Super Bowl, and Boy Mafe who just left the Cincinnati and Kobe Bryant who just left for Chicago as a high price free agent, and Rik Wollan who left as a high priced free agent to the Eagles, I mean, you're drafting the hell out of it. Byron Murphy is one of the best interior defensive linemen in the league.
Speaker 2: Now, A J. Barner is a.
Speaker 3: Really solid tight end em and Warr last year was one of the best defensive rookies. I mean, that's what you're going against. Boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom bom boom. You're hitting all these rookies right in a row. And then the forty nine ers, and I think Maddy made a great point on this. They counter with, well, we gave all those picks away and so we're in, you know, taking second and third rounders. So what I'm looking as is Stribbling not only has to get us really excited, but he he almost has to be great. And then Mickel Williams has to come back from injury and be great. And you know, I liked what I saw at Jordan Watkins. How good can he be? Piersoll has been a massive disappointment. And you hate to say that about people because it's an injury thing. But the minute I saw that, and then I don't want to even get into the Jake Moody thing. Even though I was right, right right, there's just not you know, there's there can be some there are some solid players I think in those drafts, but it's got to go beyond that. Seattle's dropped in superstars. You know, you just can't do that. The hell, bro, what an immature? What a what about a rookie move on that part? Hang on this second, I had had that turned off. That was an incredible rookie move. I wi should I take it? But they've got that's what they got to do. They got to counter with stars. And then you look at what the Rams are doing. The Rams are kind of comboing it up. But if you look at some of the play where you're getting Pook in the sixth round, and you're going, that's what the Niners did. And now we're getting to the point where it's like it's great and Fred Warner's still awesome, but he's twenty nine coming off of a major injury, and George Kittle's thirty two coming off of major injury, and et cetera, et cetera, and Nick Bosa's you know, high twenties getting off of major injury. They've got to counter that stuff to stay up and you can sign X amount of free agents to fill some holes. But as anyways pointing out, these guys have got to start. These guys have got to got to be not only contributors, but like when you see stribbling last night, he's got to become a steal And that's a lot of pressure to put on the kid. I'm not saying he has to be Jerry Rice. I'm not saying he has to be Turell Owens, but he has to be a really, really good wide receiver. They've got to start countering what these other teams are doing in the division with some really good players.
Speaker 2: So there you go.
Speaker 3: There's some stuff, and we will get back into this at about about fifteen minutes past the hour. We'll give you the noon and get you re caught up on what happened last night. And I want to get your thoughts on what you saw on the field last night. So we'll do that in about fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: But let's hit this. So yesterday I am watching.
Speaker 3: The Pablo Tory thing, and there was he you know, Pablo Tory finds out and so we've had some fun with the with the substation. In fact, speaking of the substation. Do we have one last call from the substation?
Speaker 2: This is it.
Speaker 3: We are in a moment. You're going to hear something and it's science. There's no debate it, although I did see online that someone did try to debate it. What do we do it listen into science? Now, I'm like, how many bottles of jack did you drink? Yeah, that's kind of where a lot of what we think of this world is based on It's science. It's science. Yeah, it's based on science. There's actually a dude, I kind of don I don't want to really give out his his his handle because I don't want to give him any credit. It's like, what are we doing listening to science? It's like, yeah, dude, we're listening to science.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But before we before we completely dismissed the substation, he has one more comment that he wants to make.
Speaker 2: Fine, let me let me just say this, mister Substation.
Speaker 3: You're you're I'm not gonna say that you're you're going out with a bang. But you know, Curtis worked last Night's playing a great game. He's throwing balls all over the place. He looks amazing. He slips a sack. You know, we're gonna get more to this in the top of the r Why did you have to just why'd you have to go after his ribs?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 2: Couldn't you have just given the forty nine ers one night?
Speaker 3: Where did you did not show your ugly face? Why do you have to take a shot at his ribs last night?
Speaker 2: And then that's it. We're not talking anymore. What can you say for yourself?
Speaker 4: Well, baby baby bade, baby bad, We like you, sure lives Baby bad.
Speaker 3: Not funny, not funny at all, not funny. You're done, no more substation. So take a look at listen to this. There's something called a millagouse, a millagause. You think you tune into this show and you're never gonna learn anything.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, no o.
Speaker 3: Contrary Montfrere, Uh, you're gonna learn about millagouse right now. You're gonna go back to science class and we're gonna hear about milligause. If we have to listen to some terrible takes about the substation, you're gonna get milligause. So Pablo Tory finds out and we cut this thing down to just a couple of minute minutes to make it as simple as we possibly could. But once and for all the substation, even though you just heard from him and he thought he was funny, and he was not, even though you just heard from him.
Speaker 2: This is the final, final, final, I believe. From the substation here, as Pablo Tory finds.
Speaker 6: Out through oxidative stress, were the things attacking the tendons of these athletes, of these San Francisco forty nine ers players.
Speaker 7: This is exactly where Peter is going. So he starts thinking that this oxidative stress could weaken collagen.
Speaker 8: Collagen as a protein, it's also found in tendons and ligaments.
Speaker 2: It's super super important.
Speaker 7: So if indeed electromagnetic waves are weakening collagen, then that could increase the risk of tendon ligament injuries. And he ultimately decides to go to the practice area and measure the electromagnetic waves, and at one point he actually measures fifty milligas coming off what's called a feeder line, which he thinks is running underground from the substation under the stadium. So these kinds of electromagnetic waves that are coming off the substation.
Speaker 2: They're really long.
Speaker 7: They're called extremely low frequency electromagnetic waves, and they are also getting omitted from the electrical equipment around you and in your home.
Speaker 8: So the lights, the computer, the microphone, your TV, electric blankets, everything is emitting these electromagnetic waves.
Speaker 9: They are creating little currents inside our body everywhere, little currents, correct little currents, but they're really low, so you don't actually fill them.
Speaker 6: What does it mean given that Peter with his gals meter was recording, you know, a fifty milligals rating.
Speaker 9: So fifty millions is higher than what's normally encountered. However, it is still much much lower than the limit. So the limit for the general public, yes, two thousand millions.
Speaker 7: Whoa oh okay, and what happens at two thousand Well, nothing happens at two thousand millionhouse right, because these fact this is built within the limure.
Speaker 8: Actually, fifty milligaws is not particularly high.
Speaker 7: Would you feel comfortable playing football for the forty nine ers?
Speaker 9: Would be exteadic? Imagine how much money I could make. I could make way more money than than sitting here told you at the Atlas effix of You're a curious.
Speaker 3: There you go, So you learned something on the show today this fair and bias here on the Esports Leader that was from Pablo Tory finds out milligause milligause.
Speaker 2: So I like.
Speaker 3: Playing that because I like the scientists as well. It's science. So there he went out there. Actually in this you didn't hear this because I cut that out like whatever. But he brings this meter out there to the substation and then he puts it in the ground or something like that and says it's as high as fifty milligaus.
Speaker 2: Then you heard him go, oh my god, that sounds like a million.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And he even said at two thousand milligaus, it's nothing.
Speaker 2: So there's nothing to it.
Speaker 3: Not that we needed that maybe, but now that we've got that, is that convince everybody, buddy that is that this is not.
Speaker 9: Its fifty milligows.
Speaker 2: And he said even two thousand is nothing.
Speaker 3: He says that from our phones, which we stick on our face twenty four seven, three sixty five. We go to bed with them, we sleep with them, we make love to them. They're in our face in the morning. I mean, it's like it's it might as well just be surgically, you know, implanted in your hand. Okay, So those things are worse even and you know they talked about electric blankets, all these different things. So it's constantly emanating all around you and you're not getting injured. Somebody on the text line brings us up, they played World Cup games here.
Speaker 2: Did anybody get injured at the World Cup as far as I know?
Speaker 3: I mean, they all, you know, dove on the ground to actor like they were taken out by a sniper. But as far as I know right, no major injuries at the World Cup as far as I know. So I don't know if we needed to do that, but I think that finally, and we kind of all said it tongue in cheek, but finally the guy went out there and talked about milligows and all these things and said that we don't need to we don't need to be worried about it. So we did a poll on this a couple of days ago, and I don't know what everybody's theory is.
Speaker 2: Bad luck was a theory. I don't like bringing up the.
Speaker 3: Fact that they that some people said that it was the staff, because it's my belief that like your doctor, my doctor, they're probably pretty good. Like I might have an average doctor to above average. He's probably listening right now and going, you want above average. I guess you're above average. I got sausage fingers. But you know, we've all got good doctors.
Speaker 2: In the NFL.
Speaker 3: It's an elite level, so it's I don't think it's the staff. I think if I had to make an educator, it's just bad luck. I mean, I know that that's not a fun answer for everybody, but I think it's bad luck. I don't think it's the staff. I don't think they trained too hard, because it is famous now in the NFL that they don't train as hard as they used to.
Speaker 2: They just don't.
Speaker 3: And we talk about this in every single sport. In the NBA, they played forty eight minutes and they played eighty two games, and it seems like there was less injuries. They threw three hundred innings in baseball, and it seems like there was less arm injuries. I don't know what it is. Somebody's smarter than I, but it just seems to me they don't overtrain. I don't believe that because I know that Mike McDonald in Seattle and Sean McVay in LA and they they all talk and they all pretty much do the same thing. They all train a certain way. They all don't they don't tackle to the ground. A lot of the times they after a certain point of the season, they're not putting full pads on anymore, so they're not training as hard as they used to. You know, maybe it's bigger, stronger, faster, and you're running into these guys that are bigger, stronger, faster.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: There's got to be some theory behind it. But if it's not the substation, it's either bad luck, which is a thing, it's your training staff, which I don't think it's that some people think they train too hard.
Speaker 2: I just it's bad luck. Like I looked at.
Speaker 3: Matt Mayo, that list that Matt Mayoka put together, and it is it's startling, and it's every single year.
Speaker 2: Part of it too, is by the way, when.
Speaker 3: You have the age that the forty nine ers do, it'll look at the look at the the offense in general. And this isn't old by my standards, but in you know, sports wise use checks thirty five and Kittle's thirty two, and even Christian McCaffrey now is thirty and Brendel's thirty three, and Mike Evans is over thirty and you know, Christian Kirk is thirty and even though, like green Law and Warner in their high twenties, I think they're both twenty nine. They've played a bunch of games, Like it's kind of like when you play all those playoff games and you play in those intense games, like that's almost playing like two games.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Maybe I'm just saying that for the sake of my argument or the sake of my discussion, but it they've played a lot of games, You've had a lot a lot of intense games. A lot of those guys have had major injuries. Fred's coming off of major injury at twenty nine, and he doesn't look any worse for the wear. I mean, if you watch camp, I mean, he looks really really good. But I'm just saying, like the theory of and I think we can put it to rest now because of science. Like in the back of your mind, you always thought to yourself, is.
Speaker 7: It a factor?
Speaker 3: And it's clearly is not. So it's got just to me the thing that makes the most sense is bad luck. I know that's not sexy and fun. I know that that's not Maybe your brain doesn't take that right, but I think I think at least that it's just bad luck.
Speaker 2: So give me your thoughts on that.
Speaker 3: Now that you have heard from a scientist, a very entertaining scientist at eight to waight KMBR four and five eighthwa KMBR, what would you say it is? That's the Golden State lumberd And showroom text line. I don't know some people you don't believe in science. I happen to be a person who believes in science that one person doesn't.
Speaker 2: Now we're believing in science. I believe in science.
Speaker 3: It's my truth, John, So here it is. It is not the substation. I think we can finally say that. I'm gonna go with bad luck. All right, give us your thoughts on that. We have given you a big poll to vote on today. Vote on that as well. But let's get you in the big stories of the day, the big story being that the forty nine ers played last night. What are your takeaways? I'd love to get your thoughts. Will give you our takeaways. Plus, not only will we give you three big things for the noon or today, we've actually got a bonus. You're gonna have to wait a couple of years for this, but we have a bonus that is really really cool, In fact, cooler than you think.
Speaker 2: We'll give you that next, only here on the sports Heater