Speaker 1: Giants-Reds game two at Oracle Park and for the Giants last night it was a nice beginning to the game for Carson Wisenhut and then suddenly he had to leave the game with elbow pain and I know today they were going to look more deeply into that. I'm John Miller with today's Tony Vitello show and the news does not sound good.
Speaker 2: No, you know surgery at this point has been recommended and I don't want to say it's inevitable but it's it's more than likely what will occur. He'll kind of sort through things with his family and agent, and maybe you get a second look and things like that. But, you know, it's kind of the elbow injury that I don't want to say is common, but was the common theme in the dugout. And I think with Wiz, when it occurred, everybody had a deep sense of what was going on there.
Speaker 1: All right. And those quite often end up being like the elbow reconstruction type surgeries.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think, you know, the Tommy John surgery is more than likely on the horizon. And, you know, that calendar year has kind of been a rough estimate. It can be different for everybody. But, you know, the timing is unfortunate because he was rolling along pretty good and I think learning a lot and had a little bit of the, you know, month left in the season as a great runway to kind of establish himself but also just develop. But not only does he not get that, but coming back healthy from this might mean, you know, a full season.
Speaker 1: Now, also, the shortstop, Willie Adamas, got an MRI, and not as dire, but there is an issue with his elbow as well. What about that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a sprain in the UCL area for him on his non-throwing arm, which makes it a little bit better, but as far as playing anytime soon, that's his lead arm in his swing, and it's unrealistic to think that it would be right after his 10-day stint on the IL. We'll see how much longer. In a little bit, I'll be based off, again, taking another look and kind of doing all the checks and balances you should when it's something that's relatively serious. But, again, the hope there in the more than likely scenarios, it's not as serious as it whizzes injury, but nonetheless some time to figure things out for Willie.
Speaker 1: All right. There are only 31 games left, so is it possible that he'll miss the rest of the year?
Speaker 2: It's not without reason to throw that out there, but I think you could flip the coin over and say the exact same thing. There could be, you know, a situation or set of circumstances that allows him to play, you know, at the end of the year before.
Speaker 1: It's all over.
Speaker 2: So we'll wait and see. That one's a little bit more of a gray area and a little bit more of a window of recovery and see where he's at after some time.
Speaker 1: All right. So, and a lot of very happy things that occurred in last night's game for the Giants, a 5-0 win over the Reds. We'll Talk about that a little bit when we continue. Now more 23-hour with the Giants manager, Tony Vitello, and we were talking about the bad news regarding Carson Wisenhunt. A lot of great news last night with several pitchers who were just outstanding. One of those was Jason Foley, who was activated earlier this year. He was coming back from his own surgery, and he's a guy you generally would use later in a game, but all of a sudden he had to be called upon uh rather unexpectedly there and man he was great because that was a big spot there were a couple of guys on and the cleanup hitter was at the plate when he came in.
Speaker 2: Yeah you know i asked him after the game if he had ever been in that situation before and he had not it's it's awkward you don't know what to take out of your routine what to shorten um what to lengthen because it's an all of a sudden thing and you got all eyes on you i think they should allow the guy to warm up in the bullpen and come out when he's ready um but you know you come out there you're on the game mound everyone's waiting for you to be ready so the game can restart. And then when the game does restart, you're inheriting first and third and a good hitter up at the plate. And he was outstanding in that situation, handled it well, and really kind of kept the game glued together for us and then went out there and picked up where he left off. The full inning for him was even better.
Speaker 1: Also, outstanding performance from Ryan Walker just back. And I know he'd been kind of lengthening it out a little bit, in the minor leagues, and it almost seemed like he was lengthening it out for a game just like last night, and man, he was great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I don't want to say miscues on the infield. A couple plays, just if you get the ideal situation or they're made a little more clean, he's got more outs or outs come quicker to him, so having said that, he even dealt with a little bit of adversity, but he really rolled through two innings, and the way things were lined up, I guess we still could have won, but We were talking in the dugout as soon as Wiz went down, like Walker was the guy who was fresh, and we were going to need him to carry the load, and getting us six outs was massive.
Speaker 1: All right, so it'll be Hauser up against Brady Singer and the Reds, game two of the series, and that's the Tony Vitello Show for today.