Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong Show, Katty Armstrong.
Speaker 2: And Pretty and no heem Strong Alive from Studio C signor they within the bowels of the Armstrong and Giddy Information Complex. And So Wednesday, twelfth of August, the Year of Our Lord, twenty twenty six, this morning, the show will be presented under the title well, at least people are finally paying attention to the wnba ah if you prefer I was wrong about the Eagle. Dammit, Hanson, I need you to figure out exactly when I talked about Jackie the Eagle and mocked it yesterday, because for those of you who listened to the show live on the radio somewhere in America, I think we're just on America online overseas. For those of you who listen live, I want to address the topic at the same time of day, so I'm most likely to convey my maya kulpa to the people who heard it yesterday. Okay, the very short version, and Katie, I know you get this. I realized, and we got a couple of emails about this, very nice, very nice. I realized there is a raptor cam that's not far from my house that has focused on a couple of different sorts of birds nests, but including some bald eagles. And and I was really rooting for them to hatch and the babies to be okay, and and and so, and I know nature is cruel, and maybe they will, maybe they won't. But I get people who are like invested in hoping the eagles would be okay and didn't want to see Jackie the eagle. Eagles don't have names. That part, I'm still right about. Okay, Jackie here, where is Jackie? Oh my god, mister president again again? No, No, Biden's right, I'm sorry, Michael's right. So anyway, what I was objecting to, and I realize now I have a bit of a problem. And and Jack does this, and I yell at him for it. I hate David Muir so much. The bent knows jackass, who's the anchor of ABC Evening News. Nobody watches the Evening News. His cloying, syrupy, simpleton fixation on the story prejudiced me against the story. Yeah, and it got my backup. And I apologize to eagle lovers everywhere. Your affection for rooting for the Eagles is perfectly natural. Not the Philadelphia Eagles. I still hate them and will till I die. But the bald Eagles, it's it's perfectly understandable. And I'm sorry the nice eagle lady is dead. But nature is nice eagle lady. But nature is cruel. Nature is really cruel. But I'm rooting for the Eagles, of course I am. I'm not a monster. I just hate David or he's a monster, all right. So that's out of the way, although I will revisit in a few words. That's what I'm trying to say. Thank you, mister former Attorney General. Who is that Michael again? John Ashcroft? John Ashcroft? That's right, wow, man. Time flies, So that that takes care of that, at least for now. Although somebody figure out when I slandered the eagle lovers yesterday, and we'll take care of that. As I said, I want to start the show officially according to FCC rules and regulations for which we are bleeping sticklers. We are armstrong and giddy, and we approve this message. The show starts at mark.
Speaker 3: My understanding is that is that Francesca Hang has made clear her present stances.
Speaker 2: To her lectures moved from right, she's.
Speaker 3: Moved away from it. And I have a local city councilman that has this saying woke one was crazy.
Speaker 2: One was crazy. Okay, we'll get out of the way. The fact that Francesca Hong lost in Wisconsin by the narrowest of losses, as narrow as a piece of Soviet toilet paper, which she would usher back in if she got her way. But I wanted to address AOC laughing about woke one was crazy. And she went on to say, and I think what's important is that we have to assess what a candidate is saying. Now, wait a minute, I'm with you on woke one was crazy. And I'm gonna quote Charles C. W. Cook a little bit. He's one of my favorite writers on this topic, and we back and forth between me and him. But she's implying that woke one was something that happened to us and to to her, like an earth quake or a heavy rain or something, rather than something that was contrived and enforced by her. She was one of the leaders of it and her ideological buddies. Yes, it was crazy, but it wasn't crazy. You are crazy you and the people who did this to us are crazy. You can't laugh that off. And then Charles points out there are two explanations as to why a person might have fallen for crazy woke.
Speaker 4: One.
Speaker 2: Number one that they have poor judgment and are thus liable at any moment to fall prey to the most destructive ideas available, or certainly the most dradical leftist ideas, which are destructive. All right, so if miss what's her face, it doesn't matter anymore. She's done at least from now. But all of these people, if they are so liable to be swept away by like the latest ideological fashion like a color of lipstick, or the hot summer read or who's the hot new pop starlet, but ideas that like proposed to do away with the constitution, you get swept up in that you don't have the judgment to serve in any office at any level. You have terrible judgment. You are a woman child or a man child, and you have no business governing or you know. Choice number two is you're a coward. Is that a little judgmental? Eh, yeah, it is a little judgmental. I'm gonna go with coward. Though we don't have too much shaming in America, we have too little. I recognize that certain sorts of people, and it's probably genetics. They make their decisions through the lens of acceptability, not truth. They have opinions based on whether those opinions are going to make them more popular or less popular, gain social acceptance or social stigma. And I think a lot of folks who are like that didn't choose to be I don't know, And I think maybe you can get more towards the same end of things if you try real hard. But anyway, having said that, if you are the sort of person who picks policies up to and including the destruction of the Constitution, loading the courts, ending the Senate, and I'm going to get into that some of more of the craziness in a second or two. But if if you pick your policies that way, you were unqualified for public office. Either way, either explanation, you're unqualified and unlike AOC and her brethren whom she's defending, tens of millions of Americans did not fall for war. Hello, A lot of us fought back against it, some of you at great personal and professional cost. Some of you who were in blue professions and blue places. Man, you took it in the face, and I salute you. I mean, I truly to my soul salute you for your courage. A lot of folks couldn't. They had mouths to feed, they had careers to manage, and you know, I get it, but when we're looking at future leaders, we're not going to choose them from those who screamed at the people who turned out to be right, like they were in some sort of cult. And you know what, the one more aspect of this, AOC doesn't even say yeah, sorry, They just laugh it away. Okay, here are some questions. Which parts of Woke One were crazy? And why specifically give us two or three which people were wrong about it? And why who was right? What positions did they take that made them right? And why do you think, unlike you, they didn't fall into the Woke One being crazy? All right? And finally, what practical steps have you taken to ensure that you'll oppose future replays of this garbage? But of course you know they're not going to answer those questions. And then to get to what Charles Cook said, and I think this is really the important part. I doubt that AOC could answer these questions. Heck, I doubt she's thought about them for more than a couple of minutes. Rather, I suspect that, like many progressives, she believes that she and her friends are entitled to the occasional world breaking meltdown, and that the proper role of everyone else is to go along with it, as they might with the tantrum of a small child. Well I will not, he writes, Yeah, I mean neither. We held an election during Woke one, and the senators who elected at that time are still serving in Congress. What happens today matters tomorrow, even when, as it appears to be the case here, it eventually becomes inconvenient to discuss it. Ha ha ha. The crazy demands of Woke one were not for a two percent increase in the capital gains rate, but for the wholesale rejection of racial equality under the law. Remember that critical race theory and systemic racism, and the only way to cure racism is with racism ibramex Kenny Robin DiAngelo. These people were given millions of dollars to train people, both in government and in private companies, that white people must be discriminated against, which is so blatantly clearly unconstitutional, I feel silly even pointed out that it is. It was the wholesale rejection of racial quality under the law. It was the government led reorganization the American economy, the abolition of the police leaves out, the emptying of prisons, which is already born horrible results, the provision of sex change operations for children, and the erasure of the United States border. That's what the crazy was. Again. It wasn't a slight change in the tax rate. It was that stuff. That's madness. And as Charlie Cook points out, great if the people who made those demands and push those policies recognize the air of their ways. But you got to give us more than oops before we're gonna trust you again, good Lord. And there are plenty of folks who, for the reasons we've just been discussing, they see the world not through the lens of truth but lens of acceptability, who will go along with the Haha, that was crazy. This is our new crazy, and we're going to ruin you if you resist this crazy. There are a lot of people who vote that way, So uh, stay tuned, participate in the process, and don't go Away, Woke one was.
Speaker 3: Crazy Crazy.
Speaker 1: Arm Strong, The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 2: We're running just a little bit late, so let's dive right into who's reporting what. It's the lead story with Katie Green. Katie take it away, all righty.
Speaker 4: Well, the Alphabet Network's were covering inflation this morning. We'll just say ABC's inflation eases but stays above pre I War Iran War level.
Speaker 2: Mister President, please stop saying we're bringing prices down because people go to the freaking grocery store. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Politico David Crowley defeats Democratic socialist Francesca Hong in Wisconsin governor primary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this guy had fled the race and the current guy dragged him back in and he won by a nose. So good hopes for Republicans to take the state House or at least the governor's office.
Speaker 4: In November New York Times, Trump's tariffs force some Canadian companies to consider moving south.
Speaker 2: I hate so many of the tariffs. The ones specifically about defense and self alliance I get, but like lumber that's jacking up housing prices. We need Canadian lumber, all right, We've been buying it forever. It's cheap.
Speaker 4: From The Wall Street Journal, flight tracking platform Sue's Kalshi over flight cancelation, prediction markets.
Speaker 2: Oh, I've got an even better prediction market story. It's part of a segment I'm gonna call dollars and nonsense. You see what I did there, Katie, I like it. Yeah oooh yeah.
Speaker 4: From NPR are hacks of the US water facilities a new front for the Iran war.
Speaker 2: It's good to left the journalists are paying attention to this, whatever it turns out to be, and I think it is or on, but that our vulnerability there needs to not be coded right or left. We all have to understand it.
Speaker 4: Study finds heavy drinking during pregnancy has nearly tripled since twenty eleven.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, oh boy.
Speaker 4: That's crazy to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for real child abuse.
Speaker 4: You're gonna tell me to stop it after this one too, Brace yourself. Joe Oh from The New York Post, World's smallest Pennis patient sets date for crowd funded enlargement operation.
Speaker 2: I kind of like it. This guy's raised almost fourteen k to make it bigger. Yeah, you know, if you've got the micro thing, that's a really tough way to go through life. If you're you know, well, if you're heterosexual orgy, it doesn't matter. R Yeah. I feel it's a deformity I feel.
Speaker 4: And finally the Babylon Bee Democrats announce you aren't allowed to remember what they did just.
Speaker 2: A few years ago. Exactly. Yeah, that's the AOC thing. I think. What's important is to listen to what people are saying today. Oh no, Look, if you're talking about an eleven year old who's now fourteen, yeah, okay, I get it. Yeah, even maybe a sixteen year old who's now nineteen. But a forty five year old it was forty two or you know whatever age you would No, No, you were calling for the end of the United States Constitution, the end to are are well, you were coming out in favor of racism. A few yours and you just get to get out of jail free pass. No, you're unfit for office, as we are discussing. So, inspite of the JIV name, I've given the next segment to dollars and nonsense. I came across a handful of stories that are all My reaction to all of them was, Wow, that's the way that works, and I think you will be surprised and enlightened. Two got some great guests we'll tell you about in a couple of minutes, says well, see Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 1: Stay with us, Armstrong and Getty See Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 2: Really excited about we're going to have at the bottom of our two halfway through hour two with the great James Lindsay, one of my favorite thinkers, one of the people who's been the most effective and eloquent while being mostly like really understandable to all of us, calling out critical theory and the neo Marxist movement, what some people call the woke movement. But the mistake they make is thinking these are just you know, maybe well meaning simpletons with some bad policy ideas, and we should talk them out of it. But they don't understand that there's a serious philosophical underpinning to this, and it's everywhere in our schools and universities. And this is the tip of the iceberg. We want to talk about what's under the water that you might not be aware of with this way of thinking the whole where is this crazy woke thing coming from? So again, we're going to do that next hour and I'm really looking forward to it. Love James we've been following him since he first emerged as a professor. Yeah, Portland State, I think it was. And one of the early moments of his war against this insanity was there's this online feud saying two plus two does not necessarily equal four. In some cultures it isn't. So no, you can't say that. That's racist to say that. And he was like, wait a minute, what is this philosophy? And he dug into it. He's become an expert on it. So anyway, next hour, welcome to a brand new feature. I'm calling it Dollars and nonsense. Oh that was a nice touch at the end there. Yeah, that's good. Putting aside the JIV name. I thought this was also interesting. A handful of stories about money. I can't believe this. This is an exclusive investigation by the Wall Street Journal. They looked like they were getting rich on polymarket, but none of it was real. And I've seen a couple of these videos they were The prediction market is flooded social media with deceptive video, deceptive videos by paid creators. Here's how it works. Here's this guy, George, George Makhara. In case you're into this and you've seen these videos, he appears to have a lucrative side hustle making bets on Polymarket. In January, this guy's at college student. He posted a video that showed him winning one hundred grand on Polymarket on a bet that President Trump would publicly say the word McDonald's that month. The bet was one of one hundred and forty five that Makihara appeared to place on Polymarket's website between January and mid May, based on his videos, bets adding up to almost four hundred and ten thousand dollars. But according to the Wall Street Journal investigation, none of those bets were reel, and he's one of dozens of mostly college aged creators Polymarket paid to film themselves making fake trades and sometimes scoring fake wins. According to an analysis of more than eleven hundred video that the journal took in, along with instructional materials and interviews with creators who've worked with the company on the actual site. For what it's worth, more than fifty accounts made that McDonald's bet in January, and all of them lost, So they didn't even go real far down the line of covering their tracks to make sure these were bets that actually paid off in that month or what have you. And I watched I departed from the text of this article to watch one of the videos, and I'm like, wait a minute. This dude's like, there's Polymarket on his screen, there's the thing happening, there's the amount. I mean, he's videoing his using of the website. So I go back to the text and it explains and it's push to draw users to its unregulated platform, Polymarket is flooded social media with videos like Machi Hars, which appeared genuine at first glance. In reality, Polymarket built near perfect copies of its own site, then instructed creators to make simulated trades on those dummy sites and hide that they were being paid by Polymarket. Then, to get the videos to go viral, poly market is recruited a social media army to copy and repost those creators footage so they would go viral for sure. Though the New York based company has been banned from offering its crypto its primary crypto platform in the US since twenty twenty two, the social media creators are paid to specifically target US users who can still access the site with a virtual Private network of VPN, which is a decent idea if you don't like to be tracked on the Internet. Of course, the polymarket spokeshole set in a statement that it was committed to maintaining the accurate, fair and transparent markets. We are part of a rapidly growing industry and are constantly evaluing ways, evaluating ways to improve how we're engaging in earning the trust of our audience. So anyway, holy cow, that is uh well, just to understand how serious and sophisticated these people are about misleading you. I mean, I gotta admit if I'm watching a commercial for some sort of I don't know, counter cleaner spray that makes your counter shiny and clean and smell like lemons, I know that chick in the ad is not actually a woman cleaning your own counters at home. Okay, I get that. But to have those videos be that detailed and that deliberately fraudulent and not disclose any of it, well, you know what's going on. I don't need to explain it to you. Story number two, how the bond market inflated Powerball, and we had somebody tried to explain this to us once, and I remember being mystified a bit tonight there's a billion dollar powerball drawing. Marmdpa plays the power ball. We all want it, Michael. We're all hoping he's looking for Okay anyway, But if you win the power ball and take the cash payout, it's only four hundred and thirty three million dollars. It's less than half of the billion dollars now. Five and a half years ago, there was a super big prize in January twenty one. The jackpot was seven hundred and thirty one million, so about a quarter smaller. Yet the lump sum payment if you chose that was five hundred and forty seven million dollars. So how the hell do you have a the jackpot be you know, a third bigger, up to a billion dollars, But the payout is what is that one hundred and fifteen thousand dollars less? It has to do with what's what's the correct term the bond yield? And this is what's in the small print. Powerball and Mega Millions both offer the option for a winner to take thirty checks that grow by five percent annually. The lotteries take no financial risk offering that annuity, since they buy zero coupon treasury bonds maturing on those dates, much the way a corporate pension fund might. Because inflation and the lure of risk, your assets like stocks are higher than in twenty twenty one. If you follow the market at all, you know it's been sky high. So are the yields. Because to get you to buy bonds, they've got to give you better rates, better returns. Otherwise you just go to stocks. So anyway, the upshot is a bigger difference between the lump sum versus the annuity. The cash value is seventy five percent of the advertised prize in twenty twenty one. Now it's forty three percent. So it has to do with bond yields. And the small print is, yeah, if you if you don't take the cab thing, you get an annuity that's based on bond yields, and so that the cash payout the lump sum, I should say, is all based on that math, which I had no idea of moving along an dollars. That's right. The Powerball son gives me your romote after we watch the power Ball, that's right. Interesting article here StubHub customers who battled for tickets and battle harder for a refund article starts with the story of it's three hours before the US played Paraguay in the World Cup in June, and this dude is standing outside Sofi Stadium in Englewood, California, LA, essentially with his dad and no tickets. Now this is June. Right in March, he'd gone on stub hub and paid twenty two hundred dollars for a pair of seats as a birthday gift for his dad. Four days earlier, he'd called stub Hub to say his tickets were still not on the FIFA. Where are they? Company said, yeah, we'll have replacements by noon tomorrow. Never showed up. He spoke with StubHub at least ten times and calls that spend nearly three hours in the days leading up to the game. Each time he was told not to worry. At kickoff, he was still without tickets. He approached the stadium's guest services window. Stadium employee said you're here because of stub Hub, right, and he's like, wow, yeah, She gestured at a crowd of forty people standing to the side. You're not the only one. All of these people are here because of stub Hub. So there's been a huge a number of folks who've faced this sort of thing, not just for the World Cup, but a bunch of other stuff, and apparently and a Knicks game, Hamilton performance, George Strait concert, you name it, and bunches of stub Hub customers are getting stiff like this, and then sometimes they get nothing. Sometimes they're sent replacements that were worse than what they paid for, Like you're in the waybacks instead of upfront that's paid for, and you have to spend months fighting stub Hub for refunds, including refunds that said, yep, you're right, you got screwed. We'll get your refund and you got to spend months fighting for Many resolutions came only after they hired lawyers or complained in the press, and that ain't cool. Complaints about stub Hub to the Better Business Bureau rose forty seven percent forty seven percent from twenty twenty four to twenty twenty five, and climbed sixty three percent in the eight months leading up to the company September twenty twenty five initial public offering. Hmm, I'm not saying the vast majority of folks don't get what they paid for, but fire beware. Final story dollars and nonsense. This is as political as it is anything else. Who here has bought a house? Show of hands, A lot of us. Okay, what do you do when you're looking for a house. Maybe you go on your favorite real estate site. You look at the house itself, you get the pictures, you look at the map, Oh, that's real close to the main road or whatever. And then if you're a savvy buyer, you look at the school's ratings, right, and maybe you even look at crime rates and that sort of thing. Do you check out Meghan's list for blue dots for child molesters in the neighborhood. Whatever. If you're a savvy home buyer, you do all those things. Six days after Joe Biden was sworn into office, he issued a directive establishing enforcement priorities for the Department of Housing and Urban Development. HUD aimed at scaring real estate companies and real estate agents into not disclosing crime and school information in real estate listings because it might hurt diversity. Diversity and inclusive communities strengthen our democracy. The executive memorandum began, But you know who wants their community to be inclusive of failing schools? And who wants diversity to mean armed criminals along with innocent people? And what's crazy about this is, you know, black families don't want to live in dangerous neighborhoods with bad schools either. Nobody does, but many progressives believe racial equalities best achieved by demolishing standards for everyone. So the effect of Biden's memo, which made clear that racial politics and the doctrine of disparate impact, would guide HUD's enforcement of federal housing laws, and the major online real estate companies immediately understood what was being demanded of them. Realtor, dot Com and Zillo immediately stopped providing crime data, while Redfinn, going out of its way to embrace the party line, posted a blog proclaiming neighborhood crime data doesn't belong on real estate sites. National Association of Realtors put up a web page in early twenty three titled how to Handle Client Questions about schools and neighborhood Neighborhoods, which told realtors to point home buyers to other sources of information, don't give them the facts yourself. And the page is absolutely stuffed with dei jargon, but it also testifies it makes clear that the Real Estate Association worried the fair housing laws would be interpreted aggressively in realtors who did tell their clients about schools and crime would run the risk of punishment by the federal government. Okay, how many ways is this horrible? I mean, number one, there's a huge free speech issue here. Huge. Secondly, the idea that the Dei cult would deny you this information because they thought it might disproportionately lead you to not buy it house, Senate, black, Hispanic neighborhood or something. Man, these people are sick the Biden administration. We're enthusiastically on board. Mailbag is next.
Speaker 1: Strong, the Armstrong and Getti Show.
Speaker 2: We don't have a lot of times, so let's get right to our freedom loving quote of the day, continuing our series from Nikita Khrushchev, one of the most critical figures in communism in the twentieth century. I'll give you a trio of them today. We do not have to invade the United States. We will destroy you from within. The United States will eventually fly the communist red flag, the American people will hoist it themselves. And finally, the press is our chief ideological weapon. Mailbag says me, uh uh, you can drop us note mail bag at Armstrong and Yetty dot com. Michael writes, the problem I see with AOC saying that woke one was crazy is that she thinks there's going to be a woke too. Well, there absolutely is. Absolutely, it's really it's just an adjustment of strategy. That's one of the things we're going to talk to James Lindsay about in about forty minutes. Let's see this is Anna Luisa and Sunny La mesa frequent correspondent. When you shared the story of Senator grass Ling and is Hoover vacuum, it made me think of the late Senator Harry Reid, who told a story about growing up in a small, very poor town in Nevada. The legal House of Prostitution had the only swimming pool in town. That's where his mom worked. By the way, I think she did laundry there. Gross the owner felt bad for the kids, so in the summer, one afternoon each week he'd kick out the prostitutes and let the town's kids have the pool. Call me Cilly and o fashion, but I'll take the vacuum story, the pool story, or even Biden's corn pop story over the DSA's crazy communist, anti Semitic, anti American rants any day. Yeah, that's a that's a really good point. That's funny. I enjoy the Chuck Grassley things cute. But then this from Bill from Michigan. And Bill, let me say in advance, this is a very well searched, researched and intelligent note. You're you're obviously a man of substance. But seriously, dude, here's his note, Joe, your comments on Senator Grassley seemed biased? Are you obviously he's old and trying to navigate social media. Some may find that endearing. Others Democrats, of course, use it as evidence he's over the hill and you're not helping. He will likely retire at the end of the term. Hope we could backfill him with someone is productive given the fights we find ourselves in. If you're going to speak and laugh about what his opposition is posting, you might also include some of what he's recently accomplished. He and his team also worth blasting out over the radio. Otherwise, what is your goal? And he lists a bunch of Chuck Grassley's legislative accomplishments, which again are considerable and lovely and of fairly solid conservative stuff. Bill, your radio show would be so boring you would have no listeners. Wow, Wow, lighten up, Francis the topic of the WNBA patty rights using logic a critical theory. Why have the WNBA at all? If there's no difference between the sexes, the LGBT crowd could just join the NBA. You never hear about a woman wanting to join a man's team. And then in a little more detail, Poolo rights. No point speculating about the WNBA's trans problem, but it's fun, so I'll indulge WNBA's policies that you have to be a woman to play, but doesn't define what a woman is. I don't think they will define what a woman is because they can't. They know. They're supposed to believe that a person in a male body can be a woman. They're supposed to be inclusive, that's all they know. Remember how hard it was for that gender professor when Matt Walsh asked him what a woman was. Yet, we'll be playing a little bit of that coming up. They will come up with a way to tap dance around the issue, but we're gonna call them on it, and it's gonna be fun to watch
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty