Speaker 1: Okay, postgame rap time.
Speaker 2: As we finish up here in Cleveland, get ready to head to Boston.
Speaker 1: The Giants road trip will continue.
Speaker 2: Guardians end up winning the game, winning the series, and the Giants fought hard. They competed down to the final out. But they don't have any margin for ERA right now.
Speaker 1: They just don't.
Speaker 2: You're missing so many of your top players for various reasons. And they made a couple of mistakes today that were really costly. Maybe they have a better shot in the end if it's a one run game or two even a two run game.
Speaker 1: So ultimately they come up a little short today.
Speaker 3: Every double play has to be turned. Yeah, and it wasn't today, A couple of them. And yeah, like you said, no margin for ERA, I thought.
Speaker 1: I thought.
Speaker 3: I just thought it was a sloppy game. But like you said, they fought. You could only ask to get Devers up there as a time round, and I thought that was a great appat by kidsner to get on and we got excited. We thought, you know, go deep pit number twenty six, but it didn't happen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sorry, that's very loud, god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean we were losing our minds over there, like that they didn't score an error in charge of steel.
Speaker 1: Anyway, it got cleaned up, so they got it right in the end.
Speaker 5: You were in the theme of doing everything possible, fighting to the very end. And I loved Andrew Kisner. I feel like it's the first time I've ever seen it used quite that way. He wants to walk. I think he kind of he felt that his odds of drilling one for a hit to get on base were not the best against this guy. Throw one hundred mile an hour heat Kate Smith, and he gets one with what it was a three to one count and it's on the outside. It's not a borderline pitch that ever would get challenged. But he said, oh the heck with it, I'm challenging. And the fans kind that were like, you know, belittling him a little bit because it was right over the plate on the as you know, the outer and third of the plate. But why not they have one to use and stop the action for a little bit, make the the picture, think about it for extra a few seconds, and then he got the walk. He got the walk after that, so I thought that that's a new one that has not been part of anybody's strategy. Until maybe until today, I didn't.
Speaker 1: Even realize it was a strategy until you just framed it that way.
Speaker 4: So I love the picture you just painted for me. I'm buying it.
Speaker 3: I'm in normally when the hole ball is in there, like what is he doing?
Speaker 1: But I like the effort there.
Speaker 2: Diehard a rope adope strategy with Kate Smith. If he can bounce back from this one. I did like what Landing Roup did today. That was about as bad of a start in a lot of different ways as he could possibly have. Leadoff walk to start the game, an error behind you, a blue pit. He's human, he's stomping around out there. Things just haven't been well for him, and it wasn't a perfect day for landon route. But I thought it was a step forward for him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think so. As the game went on, what you really saw was the change up usage, really start getting up and having confidence in it again. He threw some really nasty ones. He had a lot of swing and miss on that pitch, and you know, ultimately it comes down to being ahead in the count. I mean it's that easy. It's easier said than done. That we all know that. But when he's at his best, he's got some count leverage where he can get guys to chase. He's not gonna be able to power guys like we saw some of the bigger arms Williams and some of the other guys that could just come at you with foreseeing hih velocity. He's got a nibble and live on the corners when he has the opportunities, and he's getting himself in trouble fall behind in the count. But as the game went on, I thought he did a nice job getting ahead a little bit more and letting his stuff kind of play, which it does.
Speaker 3: He did a good job right in the ship because usually when it goes south for him, it goes south.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he did a good job. Okay, we'll pick some players here in Cleveland.
Speaker 5: Right after this, it got quiet in here.
Speaker 1: Somehow DC closed the windows. It's really quiet. They turned off all the music.
Speaker 3: Let's whisper our picks.
Speaker 5: Now, let's go to seventeen and Dave Lennon.
Speaker 1: It's perfect for me. This is golf, it's perfect hobby. You get to go first.
Speaker 2: Okay, John, could we could throw John right in on the Masters based on that's a good audition.
Speaker 5: About twenty one feet like a pill break to the left.
Speaker 1: Nailed it. He did it.
Speaker 5: I did a golf tournament. It was nineteen seventy, and I know it was like and I did it on the radio. Wow, And I kept I was on these greens and it's on the radio. You can't just sit there looking at it. You have to kind of broadcast. Yeah, twenty feet. I would say it was slight uphill break to lift and all these people turn around.
Speaker 2: It slight uphill break to the left.
Speaker 1: Cli please?
Speaker 5: Who was the guy from San Francisco the anyway? I can't remember his name now, but I mean that was nineteen seven How long was that? Forty seven years ago? And they kept shushing me, and he was the one putting, and he stops and he says, he's fine.
Speaker 1: Really, Oh you had a supporter out there?
Speaker 4: Did you talk louder after that?
Speaker 1: Maybe Ken Venturi? Well maybe maybe maybe yeh, San Francisco guy.
Speaker 5: It was maybe another guy. I can whatever, Gary it was in all the it was it was so fun to see them to be on the course and walk in the course with him and see him the incredible things that they did. So and then that was the end of my golfing. Broadcaster.
Speaker 1: You've stayed sharp somehow.
Speaker 5: I didn't want to have to be getting shushed all the time.
Speaker 2: Now I'm not that fun of a feeling. I've been shushed before. I've been there. Ah, you want to pick first today.
Speaker 4: Sure, I'll take Carson Seymour for the win. One inning, lovely, fourteen pitches, eleven strikes, two massive punch outs, four seam high velocity ninety nine. Hon Gie's the guy's going to have an opportunity to be a part of the bullpen. I don't know if the starting is in the future for him, but that's for other people to figure out. But power arm in the back end of a bullpen. If you can get him to consistently throw strikes, He's going to be my guy for today and again. For a guy that's competing for a spot next year, it's it's a very good audition. Since he's been.
Speaker 1: Back up, I would say I'm really impressed by him.
Speaker 3: His fastball is averaging ninety six this year. That's why I texted Hobby during the game. I was like, I didn't know he had one hundred in the tank.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean he was backing off the throttle as a starter. I guess. But when you just tell hey, go let it rip, you get a couple two tree mile an hours. Bum likes to say, there's a fastball and then there's a heater. What's the difference two three mile an hour? That's my pick.
Speaker 5: Good pick, good pick, thanks guys.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm gonna go off the board a little bit. I'm gonna take Christian Costs. He grinded out two walks when the Giants needed base runners.
Speaker 1: I thought that was good. I thought he had good at bats today. He was fighting up there.
Speaker 2: He also executed a wheel play on a bunt, which I was really trying to remember. When's the last time we saw the Giants even try it? But let alone pull it off. And it's not that easy to pull off. They don't work on it that much.
Speaker 1: And they did it. And I like that play.
Speaker 2: So and he made another couple at least one other really good charging play where I thought it was going to be a sure hit. So Costs for an all around game today.
Speaker 1: Good pick.
Speaker 3: And there was a good runner on second too. It wasn't like they had a slow guy in second, wasn't it, Martinez?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had to do it. Perfect Good pick all right, I'm gonna go Willie.
Speaker 3: I know he had a tough day defensively, but your two hundredth home run is your two hundredth home run and his twentieth of the year twenty through the year. When he's going to right center field, that's my favorite Willia Damas swing. So congratulations to Willia Damas. Two hundred career home runs, and I think they got the baseball. I was looking at my binoculars and one of the ushers was walking up with one of the fans. So he'll put that one on his mantle.
Speaker 4: Two hundred home.
Speaker 1: Runs, it's a big miles.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's really cool.
Speaker 1: Good pick, good one.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, Congratulations, stay with the golfer voice.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 5: It is so weird in here with the windows closed closed and they've stopped the music outside, so there's just nothing. Okay. Yeah, Well, I'm gonna go. Raffie Deevers. He got the base hit in front of the Adamis home run to start them on the fourth. They had had a hit up until that time against Gavin Williams, and the way they looked against he thought, well, he's probably going to pitch a no hitter. But he also got a couple of walks against him, and then he hit a ball in the eighth I thing I thought could have been a home run, but he hit it so high and FPU made the point that so high that it got up above the upper rim of the ballpark, so he got the full brunt of the wind. But you could just see the way the outfit is going for it going back, and all of a sudden, then he starts moving laterally to his left by about thirty five feet or so. So anyway, I thought Devers and then I mean, he's seen this guy. He's giving him his best stuff, and he gets right in on the hand and he still gets off a pretty good swing and just didn't get it quite out on the barrel of the bat and hit a fly ball to center. So anyway, I thought he was sort of personified what we're talking about, the battle that was going on. They got to him against the odds with a couple of walks. He's up there as the possible tying run and and Kate Smith got him. But I like the the battle that he gave him.
Speaker 2: So Devs is my good pick, good pick with a big day looming for him tomorrow for sure.
Speaker 1: You know he's thinking about he can have a lot of people in his locker.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, he'll be one or two thousand.
Speaker 2: Hobby knows what that seems like in those tiny little clubhouses.
Speaker 1: What's on deck?
Speaker 2: Sponsored by your California four dealers. Speaking of we're going to Fenway and look, if I mean Devers is a huge story. Red Sox have been playing so well, the place has been rocking. He got web on the mound on Friday night, Sunny Gray. That's a really good pitching matchup. So we'll see if the giants.
Speaker 1: Are some of these young guys who've never been there are going to be.
Speaker 2: That will be a different atmosphere for a lot of these young players than they've seen. It's one to play in the big leagues and then you go on a Friday night in a pen of race at Fenway.
Speaker 4: It's a little different animal. Yeah, it's gonna be exciting for them. I think it's it's one of the treats of the ballparks and one of the hidden gems that a lot of guys don't have the opportunity to get to. So the interleague part has made this exciting for everyone that you're gonna have a chance to go see some of these ballparks. So I think for the young guys that are gonna enjoy it, they're gonna realize how close to the Green Monster is. And you know, hopefully they take a shot on Sonny Gray. He does give up a home run, but it'll be a fun matchup with Webb and Sonny Gray.
Speaker 3: You guys gotta sing along Sweet Caroline from the booth. Let it rip.
Speaker 4: Probably not.
Speaker 2: Just give me a ba I want the I want the Red Sox to put a little video tribute up for Hobby Series with the Red Sox.
Speaker 1: He's going back to a place where he wont to ring.
Speaker 4: They did it for me. I told you when we played there and ten years ago. I mean, that's okay, coming up on twenty years next year, is that amazing? Is that good? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Abby's first World Series win was nineteen years.
Speaker 4: Make sure you signed the Monster.
Speaker 1: We should all do that.
Speaker 4: We're not too are we. Who's gonna stop you?
Speaker 5: You couldn't like the interior alignment from Boston College that they pay you that. Yeah, somebody runs out in the field, they beat the hell out.
Speaker 1: Well, we might test them tomorrow.
Speaker 5: We'll see you, they it could be dangerous.
Speaker 1: You go first, perfect, I'm up for it. What's on deck?
Speaker 2: Sponsored by your California four dealers and the legendary Ford F one fifty truck. Visit by Ford now dot com today to find yours.
Speaker 1: DC's got a pack. We've got highlights right after this