Speaker 1: Something's not right here.
Speaker 2: Crime is up all over the.
Speaker 3: State, Homelessness and the city is out of control.
Speaker 1: The economy is sick, axes are high.
Speaker 4: Housing is expensive, and businesses are leaving.
Speaker 5: Leaving California means fixing, and John Phillips is just the man to leave the charge. It's the Fix California Hour with John Phillips and Randy Way.
Speaker 2: And we continue at one oh five in the afternoon on the John Phillips Show, Mister Randy Wiggs in Culver City.
Speaker 6: Johnny, We're broadcasting live on the radio seven ninety KABC in southern California and eight ten KSFO in the Bay Area, and we're also broadcasting live on YouTube. Go find us at Johnny Don't Like dot Com. That's Johnny with a why Johnny Don't Like dot Com takes you right to the channel. You can subscribe so all of our content goes to your homepage. You can hit the bell so you get notified every time we go live. You can play around in the chat room and you can hit that like button and spread the show far and wide. Lots of questions going on in the chat room, like this one from Amanda, wheny of you guys headed to Pineapple Hill. Oh, very good question. I guess we can go ahead and announce it now because I'm vamping. We are heading back to Pineapple Hills Saloon and Grill in Sherman Oaks with our friends from the Howard Jarvis Tax Bear Association for a live broadcast of the John Phillips Show on Friday September fourth from noon to three. That is Friday, September fourth, which I think is what three weeks from today. We're gonna be hitting it heavily. Yes, three fridays from today, we're gonna be in Sherman Oaks and we want you to all come out and hang out.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be a great broadcast.
Speaker 2: And we have another one in Southern California that we're also working on over at Gladstone's in Long Beach, and then we're also working on one for Northern California. Oh, so that would be great if we were able to have a listener event in Northern California. That would be the first one we've done.
Speaker 6: Yes, listeners reached out to us about a brewery in Oakland that we should react you out to, So we're trying to figure that one out. It can be a little more complicated because of like travel rules, but we're trying to make it happen. We no matter what, are going to get out there and do a live event in the Bay area. Whether it's a live broadcast or a podcast, what have you. We need to be getting out to the Bay and hanging out with our Bay peoples.
Speaker 2: Eight hundred two two two five two two two. He is a telephone number one eight hundred two two two five two two two. I believe we have them. Do we have Gus? We have Gus on the phone, all right. It is our pleasure to welcome our next guest to the program. He is the editor of The Gus Report. You can read him online at Daniel Gus dot substack dot com and follow him on x at the Gus Report. Daniel Gus, Welcome.
Speaker 7: Welcome back to thank you very much. You know, I had Karen Bass fixing my iPad and wouldn't you know, just as I'm ready to go on, things go south. So thank you very much for having me on. I'll fix the tech next time.
Speaker 2: So you are our eyes and ears at City Hall, and I cannot wait to get into all of the drama that's been going on recently because now that we know that the November ballad is going to be Karen Bass against Nythia Rahmen, Nythia Rahmen's colleagues on the City Council are almost uniformly siding with Bass over her, and apparently they don't like her that much, because, oh boy, are they taking shots at her right and left during those council meetings.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and if you saw a Milda Padilla, the council member for CD six, which is Van Eyes and locations north of Van Eyes, she was ripping into her. She's her new homelesses are in La and Monica Rodriguez from the northern part of Council District seven. They were taking shots at Nythia and clearly it's a feeding frenzy and for once, Nythia Ramen is on the menu, and it.
Speaker 2: Looks like it looks like they're being directed by Bass to do this. They are Bass's henchmen. Not that I'm opposed to it, because I love seeing Nythia Ramen get her come up ins, but it seems like a coordinated attack against Ramen from various members of the council that just goes on on a daily basis.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, it's going on and it's like the part in the politically incorrect expression, but it's the Chinese water torture because it's one after the other. And you know it's being directed by Bass and her acolytes because they control the city council agenda. Well, that's actually Marquis Harris Dawson, who used to run Karen Bass's nonprofit. And of course, if something happens to Karen Bass's mayor, like if there's a recall, like if she's indicted, well he can actually appoint himself as inter a mayor for virtually her entire term in office if I read the law correctly. So it's in Harris Dawson's best interest to hold Nythia Ramen down fair or not. But who wants Nythia rama to be treated on an even playing field when she has more than done her part to contribute to the erosion, the corrosion, and the corruption in the city of Los Angeles. So yes, absolutely coordinated. We may not see it, but we know it's there.
Speaker 2: We know that DSA candidates have been doing well in big city mayor's races around the country, including New York City, Chicago, Seattle, and elsewhere. We've also seen DSA candidates do well at the congressional level. They've won primaries in states like New York, Colorado, California, and beyond. We just saw a DSA friendly candidate when the US Senate nomination in the state of Michigan, which is regarded as being the swingiest of polls. But right now, recent polls show that Karen Bass is leading Nythia Ramen in the polls. There was one that came out recently that was conducted between July the thirtieth and August the fifth of likely voters, and they found Bass on top with fifty percent over Nythia Rahman's thirty nine percent. That was median strategies that would then be outside the margin of air. So if that poll is correct, it certainly looks like Karen Bass is the favorite right now.
Speaker 7: Right And the truth is not that I want to be one to help Karen Bass get a second term, because it will only affirm for her and all of her cronies that what they did for the past four years is something we want more of for the next four years. But the dagger in the heart if the Karen Bass wants to defeat Nythia Ramen whenever they debate all she has to do is say, miss Ramen, in order to get the DSA endorsement that you've got last time you ran for city council, you had to agree to co govern with the Democratic Socialists of America. Please tell us how you co governed with the DSA. How much power did you give them? That will be the dagger in the heart that will end the campaign and send Karen Bass for a second back for a second term. Nythia Rahman won't know how to respond, and anything that she does say will will basically suffocate what's remaining of her campaign.
Speaker 2: Yesterday, it was announced that Lineage would not meet the deadline and Boyle Heights would not be cleaned up when residents were told it would be cleaned up. Karen Mass seems to be furious over this and has been publicly attacking the company, saying there will be repercussions for them not meeting the deadline. How much does she think this hurts her, the fact that this deadline was not met.
Speaker 7: It's not ideal, but she has to toe the line. She has to say, why, by golly, I'm going to stand up for those blue collar folks and the immigrant community and Boyle Heights and if you just give me four years, I will hold their feet to the fire. Ooh, bad choice of words. You know, it's not ideal whenever you have an environmental disaster, especially in a load to median income community like Boyle Heights. So not ideal, but it gives her something to champion. If you just kind of go one eight on it, she could say this is going to be my this is going to be my reason for living and getting another four years. I'm going to fight Lineage for the people of Boyle Heights.
Speaker 2: Why do you think she hasn't gone after the county Because it was Barbara Ferrer in the county who told those people it was safe to breathe in the smoke. It was the county who said you don't need to evacuate. It's the county that runs the Department of Public Health, not the city. Bass is blaming Lineage and she is going after them with swords, But so far she hasn't directly attacked the county. Why do you think that is? Oh well, geeve.
Speaker 7: These are the people who sit next to her at the Metro board meetings. These are the people whose endorsements do matter. Hilda Slise Catherine Barger, Holly Mitchell, Janis Hahn, Lindsay Horbet. Their endorsements do matter. They do make a difference. And when you have a private company or public I don't know if it's privately or publicly held, but a politician will always criticize a company rather than other politicians until unless it's a Neuri Martinez, Kevin Dalone Gilsedio disaster on a national level, they will always attack a company rather than a politician because that's what they do, and that's what the La Times does. They go after something other than the political circle that has got them into the office and will keep them in office.
Speaker 2: As someone who closely covered the LA Mayor's race in the primary, you became very familiar with Spencer Pratt as a candidate, as certainly someone who was a victim of the fire and in other capacities. It was reported yesterday by the California Post that he is being considered to be the next Press secretary for the White House. You look at the Betty Markets, his name is on that list. So it's real enough for Las Vegas to be taking money. If you want to lay some down on Spencer Pratt as the next Press secretary for the White House. What kind of press secretary do you think he would make if he were to take that job, If he were to be offered and accept that.
Speaker 7: Job, you presciently said yesterday exactly my thoughts. He would be transparent, he would be direct, he would be crisp and his messaging he would be on point all the time. He would be fantastic in that job if he were to be offered it and accepted it. From a betting perspective, my money would be on Alena Haba for her history with Trump. She's a good looking attorney, she's good on camera, and she's worked more closely with Trump. But you know, I think Spencer would be a fantastic spokesperson, although from a personal point of view, I want to see his imprint on Southern California politics because I just in my gut, maybe I'm delusional. I think there's going to be indictment. I think there's going to be a recall, and I'm not sure it's going to be so easy for Harris daus And to appoint himself mayor if and when Karen Bass is indicted or recalled. That's my selfish personal point of view. But to your question, Spencer would be a fantastic pre secretary for President Trump.
Speaker 2: Yesterday, we got a call from a Los Angeles resident, a voter in LA. He described himself as being a Republican, as someone who was a Trump voter, as someone who is certainly right of center, and he said that on the issues he agreed with Spencer Pratt pretty much across the board. However, he didn't vote for him. In fact, he didn't voted at all because he thought that Spencer Pratt would be an embarrassment, would bring on embarrassment to the city of Los Angeles. As someone who covered Spencer Pratt closely, do you think he would have been an embarrassment if he was elected mayor?
Speaker 7: Oh gosh, no, I didn't think that from the outset, but I heard that caller, and I could understand where somebody might have thought that from the outset. But if you listen to any of Pratt's media interviews, his social media content, every time I saw this. By the way, I never met the guy prior to election day. I had been in touch with him, but I'd never actually met him in person prior to election day. And so if anybody was considering him may have harbored those thoughts at the outset at the announcement of his campaign. I don't know a single person who would be open to voting for him that didn't eventually come to think, Gee, this guy is on and you know what. Phat had the right answer. He said, I don't know how to have to run a city budget. I would have economists and budget experts. It's the same way Karen Bass didn't have any experience with this. He was on point with the issues every single time I saw him say anything in the mayor's race. So no, he wouldn't have been an embarrassment. And I don't know anybody who didn't evolve into that. So it makes me wonder if that person really is a Republican or really is a Democrat. Because by the time a month before election day, it was very clear that this guy had a handle on the issues, and he said the thing that was most important to me if he were elected mayor, he was going to open the books to the FBI and open the books to the irs. That is the number one thing that the city of Los Angeles needs. He's the only one who promised it. So if that person was speaking genuinely. I don't know where they're coming from.
Speaker 2: Spencer Pratt says that he is no longer going to run for elected office, that he is going to try to influence the government from outside of elected office. Do you believe him or do you think we could see his name on the ballot at some point in the future.
Speaker 7: I have found him to be a very transparent person. I don't want to believe that statement. I hope that circumstances may change that he will appear on it. I absolutely thought this guy was the right person at the right time, and I think his messaging was so much greater than Rick Caruso's was four years earlier. So if he says it, I hope. I hope circumstances change that we can see him once he learns even more about the system then we know already, So I take him at face value. I hope things change that will change his mind.
Speaker 2: Spencer Pratt has also suggested that he has damaging information on at least one of the two candidates for mayor that could be damaging enough to put them behind bars and to cost them the LA mayor seed. Do you believe that to be true, and if so, do you have any idea what it is that he has.
Speaker 7: I absolutely believe it's true, because every indication was that he was going to make the runoff, and he would have had to have shown his cards. And I have never known him to be dishonest or disingenuous or do a sleight of hand. Not in any single instance. Do I have a clue about what it is. I have my own ideas about what it might be about Bass or about Ramen, but I do not have a clue about what he has on whichever one he has stuff on, I have my own ideas, but I don't know if those are the same things that he has in his hip pocket there.
Speaker 2: What does your gut tell you about who's going to win this race? We know the polls we talked about the polls moments ago show Bass currently in the lead. Do you think that she is going to be able to survive this challenge or do you think Ramen's going to be able to sneak up from behind.
Speaker 7: I think that's a great question. I think Karen Bass is going to win in a landslide, right. And it's tragic because what you said, just what you said before, is that they both deserve to neither deserves to win, but Karen Bass deserves to lose. Yet, knowing what we know, election after election after election, I think it's not going to be closed. I think Bass is going to win at least by double digits, unless there's some sort of ballot harvesting chaos, which we know is always an option.
Speaker 2: Daniel Gus the muckraker you need to pay attention to at LA City Hall. You can read them online at Daniel Guss dot substack dot com and follow him on Exit the Gus Report. Two s's in Gus. Daniel Gus, thanks so much for stopping by. Have a great weekend.
Speaker 7: Do as well. Johnerrandy, take care.
Speaker 2: It's the Gimes Phillips Show. If you'd like to email the show, you can do so at Johnny Don't Like show at gmail dot com. That's Johnny Don't Like show at gmail dot com And Randy. If you want to watch us perform the show live, participate in the chat and click that like button. It's the big thumbs up. It's easy to do.
Speaker 6: You got a Johnny don't like dot com text, You're right to the YouTube channel. Subscribe to all of our stuff goes on your homepage, hit the bells so you get notified when we go live, and play around in the chatroom because we're having a lot of fun in there on this Friday, And hit the like button so YouTube recommends us to everybody.
Speaker 4: And if you're.
Speaker 2: Gonna be like me and you have a long card trip staring you in the face later today and you want something to listen to, there's always the Accountability podcast.
Speaker 1: Accountability, Accountability, Accountability.
Speaker 6: You can do an accountability podcast marathon. We've got seven episodes so far, so check them all out, including our latest one where Susan Crabtree, Johnny and I trash Gavin for ditching us for Michigan to hang out with Big Gretch and l Saeed and last week's episode, our big interview with Steve Hilton, which is at over eight thousand views.
Speaker 2: Thanks to you, we're just south of three hundred. Let's get that number as high as humanly possible. That'll push this show in front of as many eyeballs as possible. Or play on that YouTube algorithm game help us play. All right, it's now time to open up the California crime bladder.
Speaker 1: It's happened yet again.
Speaker 5: Nice see time for the California r Blood.
Speaker 2: And Randy correct me if I'm wrong on the pronunciation. But I think this one involves catalytic converters.
Speaker 4: Can we get a check on.
Speaker 8: That, you know, let's criminalize catalystic converters.
Speaker 4: Let's criminalized copper. I think it's catalystic.
Speaker 6: There's been some catalystic converter thieve and going on in Eagle Rock for more on this. We got a KTLA five in Los Angeles now at.
Speaker 9: Eleven catalytic converter thieves strike in the dead of night with an armed lookout scene pointing a long gun at home.
Speaker 2: Holy cow, they mean business.
Speaker 9: Good evening. I'm MICHAELH.
Speaker 1: Holman.
Speaker 4: Crime is down right, Oh yeah.
Speaker 6: Criminals are afraid of getting caught, so they are just holding out a gun in the middle of the street while their buddies boost a catalytic converter.
Speaker 2: If you were smart enough to understand statistics, you'd know that crime in Los Angeles is at historic lows.
Speaker 7: And I'm Sandra Mitchell cher has the night off that in't higher.
Speaker 10: Coordinated crime was captured on a surveillance camera.
Speaker 9: The themes are scene ripping that catalytic converter from the car and fleeing the scene in less than ninety seconds. KTLA's Jillian smucked their live.
Speaker 6: And even if we had a fully staffed LAPD, we couldn't respond to that.
Speaker 2: Ninety seconds. That's shorter than a commercial break.
Speaker 9: Eagle Rock with the video man, a story you'll see only on five.
Speaker 11: Jillian, Yeah, Mike. And while we were here, we met another man who's actually had two cars stolen in less than two months, with one of those happening adjust this morning.
Speaker 2: And now, my goodness, I told you about my cousin who had his truck stolen out of his driveway in Seal Beach and they found it in South LA. They caught the person who did it, and he had a rap sheet a mile long. And I asked him what he was doing this morning, and he said he's in rural Oregon looking at helmes that that was the straw that broke the camel's back, and he's done.
Speaker 4: I get it.
Speaker 11: How the neighborhood is left on edge as police continue searching for those.
Speaker 12: Suspects, something like this is just unimaginable to me.
Speaker 11: For eleven years, Sylvia Sassetto says, this Eagle Rock neighborhood has felt safe until Tuesday morning.
Speaker 12: My car alarm started going off and I ran to the window because I thought my car was being stolen.
Speaker 11: And when she looked outside, she saw a man underneath.
Speaker 12: It, and once I saw that, I knew they were trying to steal my catalytic converter.
Speaker 11: Surveillance video shows one man under Sylvia's car, while another appears to be underneath a blue Toyota Corolla parked nearby. Sylvia says four or five men were involved, working together to get both catalytic converters in less than three minutes. Then she noticed another man in the street. The video shows him holding what appears to be a rifle, pointing it toward the direction of Sylvia's apartment.
Speaker 6: But at the time that is scary as hell, So they were fully prepared to kill someone if so someone woke up due to the car.
Speaker 2: Alarm and walked in on them stealing the catalytic converters.
Speaker 6: Well, we know some of these crews straight up have killed people over stealing catalytic converters. Whether you want to talk about the actor Johnny Whackter in downtown Los Angeles, there was a guy in Inglewood last year. People are getting murdered over these thousand dollars little pieces of equipment.
Speaker 2: These people should be in prison for twenty five years because what they're doing is they're playing Russian roulette with five bullets in the chamber. They were fully prepared to murder someone if someone walked in on their criminal activity time.
Speaker 11: She says she didn't realize he was armed.
Speaker 12: It was chilling. It was like I got like just the worst feeling ever of like, okay, this is I'm super helpless. This is very scary situations.
Speaker 11: The suspects.
Speaker 6: How many times do you think in the last twenty four hours she's checked zillow.
Speaker 2: She might run into my cousin in organ.
Speaker 11: Wearing hoodies and masks. Took off in a white suv heading west on Merton Avenue and just two apartment complexes down. Another neighbor has been dealing with the string of car thefts. This is video from when his first car was stolen back in June.
Speaker 13: They came with a grinder and you see like in the video them grinding off the searing real love.
Speaker 11: Then Thursday morning around that's a move.
Speaker 6: They're using power tools. They actually found a way to defeat the club.
Speaker 11: Around three point thirty. His other car was stolen.
Speaker 2: Oh, come on, that guy's going to be using Uber all the time.
Speaker 11: Police have since recovered it, but these pictures show what's left.
Speaker 6: If you're only listening to us on the radio. The hood is missing, half the parts are missing. It looks like the scavengers got to it real quick after it was probably dumped in the La River.
Speaker 2: What do you do if they turned the car over to you in that condition.
Speaker 6: Well, you called trip La and you tell them it's a total loss.
Speaker 13: Buddies, It's completely gone. Fenders are gone, hood's gone, headlights are gone from bumper's gone, airbags the steeringwell, airbeg's gone.
Speaker 6: And I'm sure there's an illegal aftermarket for all of this, just like the illegal after market for the catalytic converters, which are stolen for the platinum inside. Why we need platinum for this stupid piece of equipment, I don't know, But that's not the point. The point is not only do we not go after the people stealing all of this stuff, we do not go after the people buying all these stolen goods, including the same people that are buying copper wire, the recyclers and the junkers and the smelters. Those are people with business licenses that for some reason are untouchable.
Speaker 2: I would love to know who these people voted for. Did they vote for Rick Caruso when they had the opportunity to, or did they vote for Karen Bass, because if they voted for Karen Bass, they voted for this Bass turns.
Speaker 13: I like that all our belongings, my passport.
Speaker 11: Two cars.
Speaker 6: Wait, why was your passport in your car? That's a terrible idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what oj had when he was on the slow speed.
Speaker 11: Chase Jolin from the same man. In less than two months, two catalytic converters stolen from cars on the same street. It's unclear whether the same group is behind the crimes.
Speaker 13: That they definitely knew what they were doing and they had seen that vehicle before.
Speaker 11: But both victims say they want whoever is responsible to be found.
Speaker 12: It'd be nice to, you know, have them caught, hopefully not have anybody else go through this is this is scary.
Speaker 6: They're probably not getting caught. Good luck with that, lady.
Speaker 11: So if you have any information about the suspects, the white suv they got into, or any information about the case, itself. You're asked to call police immediately, reporting live in Eagle Rock. I'm Jillian Smuckler KTLA five News.
Speaker 6: So there, you know, just a bunch of car Thieven and catalytic converter Thievan going on in Eagle Rock.
Speaker 2: And Randy it's time to reopen the California crime Blodder.
Speaker 1: It's happened yet again.
Speaker 4: This wow, Wow, what's up you?
Speaker 1: Dunk Dum Dum dunk Dunk dunk Tum dum dunk reats the Califonia crime Blodder with Junk.
Speaker 2: And Randy. This one involve the ATM.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but now I got to go into yesterday's caption so I can load it up. Here we go this one. There's a brand new trend called cash trapping, and it's exactly what it sounds like. For more on how they trap your cash at the ATM so you can't get it, here is NBC four.
Speaker 10: Also new here at five a new scam in the San Gabriel Valley. It's called cash trapping. Police say thieves are taking people's money when they try to withdraw from the ATM.
Speaker 14: And.
Speaker 6: When it comes out of the slot, it goes into a place where you think Oh, it just didn't come out and the machine's broken. But really it came out into a device that then the criminal can take your money.
Speaker 1: Great.
Speaker 10: PBC four is a Lalita lopezl live right now in Pasadena.
Speaker 6: Seriously, every single day in the news, there are just less and less reasons to have cash, carry cash, or take cash. And I know people get all upset about the idea of a digital society, but in my opinion, cash is a liability.
Speaker 2: Whatever I withdraw cash from the bank, I like to go to a teller. Now, the banks aren't open twenty four hours a day, so you don't always have the option, but at least then something like this can't happen.
Speaker 1: To explain how.
Speaker 10: It works and what police say you can do to protect yourself, Lalita.
Speaker 15: Yeah, a couple of things that you can do before you go to an ATM, Colleen. Cash shrapping is happening across the San Gabriel Valley, according to police, and these teams will help you no matter which ATM you use in whichever location. Take a listen.
Speaker 3: I just I'm surprised I had never heard of it.
Speaker 4: I think that's terrible.
Speaker 3: It's scary.
Speaker 15: These ATM customers had no idea about cash trapping, and.
Speaker 6: Just because the bank ATM is next to the Baskin Robbins John doesn't mean that's where she was going with it.
Speaker 2: That's where I'd be going.
Speaker 15: Police want everyone to pay attention to what they call a new crime trend. The San Marino Police Department released this flyer showing how it works. Police say a cash trap is a long metal cover and it is placed over an ATM's cash slot. When the trap is on the machine, no money can come out. After a customer puts in their information and is waiting for their cash, it appears the machine didn't dispense money, but really it is trapped behind the cover.
Speaker 6: We've gone from card skimmers, where they steal your credit card information when you put it in the slot, to just straight up stealing the cash when you try to take it out.
Speaker 2: I'm always worried when I use the ATM about people who are following you or watching you. They know that you're walking away from the ATM with a bunch of cash, and if they want to rob you, they can do it.
Speaker 6: That's called bank jugging. There's terms for all of this nonsense.
Speaker 15: Your account has less money but it is not in your hands.
Speaker 8: Yeah, every ding this, you just think that ATM's not working and someone's stealing it from you.
Speaker 1: Sam Ma Reno.
Speaker 15: Police say local banks reached out to them about cash trapping, and they also discovered it is happening in nearby cities. Police say before using an ATM, inspect the card reader for any skimmers or loose parts. Another way of also trying.
Speaker 6: To check the ATM machine to make sure it's not booby trapped to steal your identity or your money. No, I'm not an engineer. I'm not gonna do all that nonsense. You can barely figure out how to dial into this show, no kidding.
Speaker 15: To take information. Also, they say, check the cash slot and make sure you can see where the bills will be dispensed, and if some looks off, use a different machine and report it to the bank or business right away. This man had his own solution.
Speaker 7: Using an ATM connected to the bank where you can walk in and tell them if you had a problem.
Speaker 15: Good point there.
Speaker 4: You know, we're not sure if that guy was going to go to the dentist after.
Speaker 2: My guess is no use.
Speaker 15: Those ATMs during business hours, But a lot of times, especially ones like this one on the street. Sometimes you just need cash whenever, so police say make sure to follow those tips. Live in Pasadena, Lily Thlop as NBC four News.
Speaker 4: So there you go.
Speaker 6: Be careful when you go to the ATM because crooks are putting traps in front of the cash slots to steal your money.
Speaker 2: No good. If you would to email the show, you can do so at Johnny Don't Like Show at gmail dot com. That's Johnny Don't Like Show at gmail dot com and Randy. If you want to watch us perform the show live, it's easy to do, and when you're there, you can click that like button. And we're doing really well with the likes today, but we want to do even better.
Speaker 6: Johnny Don't Like dot com is the website. You can watch on your phone, you can watch on your computer, and it takes you right to the YouTube channel where you can subscribe, so all of our stuff goes to your home content. And it's even easier if you have the YouTube TV app. You can, of course hit the like button, which tells YouTube to recommend us to new people. It's happening every single day. You can play around in the chat room you can share the show. There's lots to do. We're here tell three and we're having a blast every single day, so hang out with us. You won't get anything else done today, you'll be completely unproductive, but you'll have fun.
Speaker 2: And coming out after the news at too, we're gonna be joined by a gentleman whose podcast, Randy, you've appeared on on a number of occasions.
Speaker 6: To talk to Phil Moreello, junior host of the California Underground podcast about all things Gavin Insanity, and his new book talking about the history of California.
Speaker 2: All right, it's now time to reopen the California Christy Dummy.
Speaker 1: We couldn't make this stuff up if we tried.
Speaker 4: I said, Hell no, baby boy, let me get up one out of here.
Speaker 1: It's the California Crime.
Speaker 2: Bloater and Randy. This one involve as a stolen phone.
Speaker 6: Specifically a bunch of stolen phones at Outside Lands, the incredible music festival held at San Francisco's Golden Gate Park that took place last week. There were a lot of people that attended and had a great time, and there were some people that attended and had their phone stolen from their pockets, and some of those phones ended up in you guessed it, Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: I thought you were gonna say Oakland.
Speaker 6: Las worse than Oakland. LA is worse than Oakland. I will go to my grave believing that LA is worse than Oakland. At this point, I'd rather do a live remote in oak Glyn than anywhere in downtown Los Angeles. Well, you may get your chance to do both for more. Here is kron four and outside.
Speaker 10: Land's attendee says that her phone was stolen in the crowd, and she's not alone.
Speaker 6: And if you're wondering how the attendee didn't notice that their phone was stolen, just remember that a good portion of the people that go to music festivals are high on ecstasy, mushrooms, acid, or a combination of the three.
Speaker 2: And she says she tracked her phone to a Los Angeles address, and other festival goers told her their phones that also had been stolen and chewed up in LA as well.
Speaker 1: Confors Gelong reports, it really.
Speaker 6: Just because you got to be on something to not realize your phone's not on you. We all treat it like an appendage, and the second you realize you left it on the counter, you start feeling like something's wrong.
Speaker 2: Okay, if you're so high on drugs that your phone is getting stolen from you you don't even know about it for several days, maybe it's time to reevaluate your decision making.
Speaker 6: The thing is, these kind of music festivals, the crowds are so massive. Unless you're on all those drugs, it's super uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: I cannot stand being around crowds. That's part of the reason I'm an angel.
Speaker 8: Fan been so fast.
Speaker 14: What was supposed to be a fun weekend full of music turned in yeah that girl was high, oh yeah, to a frustrating ordeal after one outside lance attendee discovered her phone had been stolen.
Speaker 8: I was moving from one set to the next. It was crowded. I had my phone before we started moving, and then when we got to the next stage, my phone was suddenly gone.
Speaker 14: We spoke with Crystal, a Bay Area resident, who did not you know, it's.
Speaker 6: Another tell that a whole bunch of people are on ecstasy. They're all smoking menthol cigarettes because people on e love menthol.
Speaker 14: I want to share her last name, but attended the music festival for the first time.
Speaker 8: It was in my pocket, I believe, so it was pretty close to my body, just in like my front and vest pocket.
Speaker 6: So yeah, when it was in your vest and you didn't notice, so what she just thought she was getting felt up and she was fine with that. It was a music festival, so people do. That's what the young kids want to do. They want to let loose.
Speaker 8: That was enough for it, and.
Speaker 6: They're on drugs that make everything that touches you I feel like the greatest thing in the world until the comdown.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe she should take it before she goes through TSA.
Speaker 8: This person whoever took it to just snatch it right out of there.
Speaker 14: Crystal says she tracked her phone using the Find my iPhone feature and watched it travel from the Bay Area to an address on Sixth Street in Los Angeles's Koreatown.
Speaker 6: Lovely flew all the way down the five from right out of her bosom to Korea Town.
Speaker 3: What a journey, and shared her experience on Reddit.
Speaker 8: When I posted the location, so many more people also commented that their phones were also stolen at outside Lands and also tracking to the same location in Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: Crystal says she filed a police report with.
Speaker 6: You and I would do if I was Daniel Lurie no more La attendees at outside Lands.
Speaker 14: With the San Francisco Police Department, and says she has been in touch with a detective with the Los Angeles Police Department.
Speaker 8: I really hope the police can do some investigating and figure.
Speaker 6: Out, Oh, honey, you not educated onto what LAPD cannon can't do.
Speaker 4: You're never seeing your phone again.
Speaker 2: She's about to get an education who.
Speaker 8: Is behind this and prevent these kinds of crimes from happening.
Speaker 14: Grondford reached out to both the SFPD and LAPD and are waiting to hear back for more details. Crystal wanted to share her story so others can be aware.
Speaker 8: I was stone cold, sober, so.
Speaker 2: Sure you don't believe her?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 6: Was she one of the ones smoking a menthol? It's definitely possible camel crush? Do they still make those? Or how about the vapo inhaler. You blow it into your hands and you cup it so it goes back into your eyes.
Speaker 4: That's another thing that the e kids do.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it really, I think because it was.
Speaker 6: Crowded and I haven't done this stuff since twenty twelve, so I'm just imagining they still do this.
Speaker 8: Didn't feel my phone leaving my pocket. I think that is the tactics these puckers use to target these crowded spaces when a lot of people are moving, so they can just kind of hide under the radar.
Speaker 3: Gilong Crawn for News.
Speaker 6: So there, let's go a string of phone thrafts. Thefts from outside lands. The big music festival at Golden Gate Park in San Francisco, and the phones ended up in you guessed it, Las Angeles.
Speaker 2: If you would have watched us perform the show live, do that at Johnny dootlike dot com and click that like button. We're doing really, really, really good things with those likes today, so definitely hit that button if you haven't done so, and if you've done it already, thank you. We appreciate that