Speaker 1: Some might label us right wing. We we say clip our wings and just call us right.
Speaker 2: It's a John Phillip.
Speaker 3: Show and very happy Thursday to you at twelve oh six in the West, It's the China Phillip Show, Mister Randy Wings in Culver City.
Speaker 4: John, We're broadcasting live on the radio on seven ninety KABC in Southern California, eight ten KSFO in the Bay, and we're broadcasting live on video. You can watch us every single day at Johnny Don't Like dot Com. It's as simple as that takes you right to the YouTube channel Johnny don'tl Like dot Com, where you can subscribe, so all of our content goes to your homepage. You can hit the like button and push our content into the stratosphere, and you can comment on all of our on demand videos. We got lots to do here, and we got a big chat room, so play along with us.
Speaker 1: We're here. Tel three eight.
Speaker 3: Hundred two two two five two two two is a telephone number one eight hundred two two two five two two two.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 3: The lead story today involves basement bakarea. The man who is hiding out behind shrubbery in cars at home behind Wilson's backyard fence on home improvement. Wherever it is that he can hide out, That's where basement bakarea is.
Speaker 1: Scrub it scrub a dub dub.
Speaker 4: Was at a press conference that he left twelve minutes in and literally started running away from reporters. Ashley Zaballa posted the first video on her social media.
Speaker 1: And that went everywhere.
Speaker 4: Bessarah, who has not had a actual press conference or an a veil for the media to ask him questions since the primary in June, doesn't want to talk to anybody. Let's find out what's going on here. Here is kc ra A three and you guessed it, Ashley Zavala.
Speaker 2: Governor Gubernatorial candidate Javier Bassera made his first public appearance at the state capital today since he advanced in the June primary election, and we were hoping to get a chance to.
Speaker 5: Ask him questions today.
Speaker 2: Our case Area three political director ash Zavala joins us, So, how did that go today, Ashley?
Speaker 6: You know Lisa Vetcetera dadds the California Capital Press Corps today.
Speaker 1: A sign of things to come.
Speaker 3: Well, if you don't read the newspaper, you don't have answers to any of the questions.
Speaker 6: Spokesman said he was running on a tight Schedulevetcea was there for a Voting Rights Act event. He's throwing his support behind two proposed state laws. One broadly prohibit city, county, or local agencies from any action that could result in quote, voter suppression.
Speaker 5: That Senate Bill eleven sixty four.
Speaker 6: Another would expand language access for voting materials of those who are limited in their ability to speak or read English. That's Senate Bill thirteen oh six. Here's a look at some of Vecerra's remarks at this event.
Speaker 7: Democracy lives in breeze on the vote.
Speaker 3: If he should stick to the glasses. How about this for democracy? Is it okay for the Attorney General to give a ballot initiative a completely misleading title in summary? Is that good for democracy? Sign trick people so they don't know how they're voting.
Speaker 4: Well, Bakaria would say so, because when he was Attorney General, he retitled the Repeal the Gas Tax Act the Defund Roads and Bridges Act Americans.
Speaker 7: If Californians don't vote, democracy dies.
Speaker 4: And fifty percent of Californians don't vote.
Speaker 7: Fortunately, we've seen too often how there are efforts underway by bad actors to diminish the vote, to interfere in the vote.
Speaker 5: Jech, So as you can see on your screen. Besides tall is he?
Speaker 1: By the way, he looks like a little guy.
Speaker 4: Let's see Javier beisera height you anyone want to guess in the chat. Javier Besera's official height is not widely documented in mainstream or government biographical records, but an unofficial profile estimates generally placing him between five seven and five nine.
Speaker 1: He looks about five to seven in this video.
Speaker 5: The event early about twelve minutes in.
Speaker 6: As the press conference continued, he refused to stop to talk to journalists. Vescera has not gaggled with reporters since June ninth in Los Angeles, shortly after he advanced in that June primary. When I asked, his spokesman said, Bassa couldn't make five minutes for reporters today because he was heading to Fresno for a healthcare related event.
Speaker 1: Sure don't forget.
Speaker 3: This is the guy that Grampy Joe would outsmart every time they'd have a cabinet meeting, and Grampy Joe would pepper him with questions. He wouldn't have the answers to any of them, and he would turn in embarrassing performance after embarrassing performance, to the point to where it became painful to attend those meetings. According to the people who were there, these are professional democratic political operatives.
Speaker 4: He has been described by his colleagues in the cabinet as the kid doing the book report that obviously didn't read the book. And I should know, I used to be one of those kids.
Speaker 5: That event was not open to the press.
Speaker 6: The group of reporters that he avoided today are the same ones he'll have to work with for the next four years if he's elected governor.
Speaker 2: Lisa Okay, So, besides the other event in Fresno, does he have any other public appearance scheduled in the Sacramento area soon?
Speaker 1: It's almost like he's not running for governor.
Speaker 3: Well, he knows at this point that the campaign is over, so why bother.
Speaker 6: Yes, he is expected to speak at the at a summit that's hosted by Politico Net here in Sacramento next week.
Speaker 5: When I asked if we could expect to be.
Speaker 6: Able to ask him questions there, his spokesman said, stay tuned, we'll see all right.
Speaker 5: We'll be waiting and watching us.
Speaker 1: That's a no.
Speaker 4: Get ready for the most transparent administration you've ever seen. Of course, it wasn't just Savalla that Besarah was running from. He was also running from Jenny ha of ABC ten. So let's see what she had to say.
Speaker 8: Well, Democratic candidate for governor Javier Basera made a public appearance in the Capital City today. ABC ten State Matters political reporter Jenny Huss spoke to him and so, Jenny, what is he saying about a possible debate?
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, Chris.
Speaker 9: A group of reporters, including myself, followed Bisarah as he rushed to his car. I asked him the looming question, will he commit to a debate with Republican opponent Steve Hilton?
Speaker 10: He proposition thirty nine.
Speaker 11: You know what this is like?
Speaker 3: This is like someone is accused of murder and they're walking from the courthouse while the trial is going on, and they can't get away from the press corps fast enough.
Speaker 12: Here's the vote, Secretary, your challenger, Steve Hilton has challenged you to a series of debates.
Speaker 5: Can we just get your reaction to the challenge?
Speaker 11: Will you be accepting? Secretary?
Speaker 4: He is straight up. He's not running, but he is power walking, that is for sure.
Speaker 1: He's acting like Casey Anthony.
Speaker 4: This is usually you know when you see this, this is like a purp walk. This is not what you'd expect from somebody that is actively trying to get your vote.
Speaker 1: Speaking of purp walks, what do you think BoNT is doing today? Bob Bonta.
Speaker 4: Probably going through all of his emails over the past fifteen years and deleting anyone that has the name Dong in it.
Speaker 11: We doing a debate, We'll be through.
Speaker 12: Lots of debates, so you're accepting the challenge by your opponent.
Speaker 4: And by the way, Bessarah's influencer crowd is trying to trash Jenny haff for doing this kind of interview or trying to follow him and ask him questions. That's her job. When a candidate refuses to do interviews, that's when you do the ambush interview. Only when they say I'm not going to talk to you, the reporter's going to do their job. And a lot of reporters in the California Press Corps, including our friend Julie Watts, are sticking up for Jenny.
Speaker 12: Hah Democratic candidate for Governor Halvier. Bessarah got into his car and drove off, leaving behind a group of reporters with unanswered questions. This was Wednesday morning at the state capitol. Bisarah spoke at an unrelated press conference on election integrity, but he left early with no media availability.
Speaker 4: Nothing says election integrity like refusing to talk two reporters.
Speaker 3: This is the Party of Democracy and they want to deny California voters a conversation over what the next four years will look like.
Speaker 1: Just let that sink in for a moment.
Speaker 12: ABC ten followed him to his car and asked whether he would debate Republican opponent Steve Hilton. Basara said yes, but when and how many times? Still unknown? Campaignspookes.
Speaker 4: There have been six proposed debates by different outlets, television or radio stations or newspapers, what have you. There have been six proposed over the next three months. Steve Hilton has agreed to all of them. Javier Bakaria has agreed to none of them.
Speaker 3: You know, as much as this it pains me to say this, he's probably better off doing what he's doing than answering questions, because it if you're as remedial as he is getting asked basic questions could cause the needle to go off the record, and it could cause negative attention to come raining down on you. If you just avoid the press corps, then the tiny percentage of the state population that follows the news will know that you're not answering any questions. But that's not going to be enough to deny you victory in the election. If you constantly put your foot in your mouth, that could cause an upset to occur. But if you just appear to be an elusive guy who's thumbing his nose at the news media, you're definitely going to get dinged over it. But you're going to get ding for being arrogant. And I think he's perfectly fine being ding for being arrogant. If he proves to the public that he has a room temperature IQ, that could cause some people to not.
Speaker 4: Vote for him well, and his handlers definitely know this. After two weeks ago, when he was speaking at that Latino conference and boldly claim that you should never get a taco from a brick and mortar restaurant, only a street cart, it didn't go very well for him, So he definitely is being advised to shut the hell up for the next ninety days.
Speaker 3: Every once in a while, you know where you see this as you see this in professional athletics. When you have a sport where let's just say, the athletes take a lot of hits to the head and they weren't that bright to begin with and they end up with a seventy five IQ. You don't want to put them in front of the sports press corps. You don't want to have them call into a sports talk show. You don't want to put them in a situation where they're speaking off the cuff. You take them and you put them in the children's hospital, and you take the pictures of them with the kids and the casts, and then you put that out and you leave it at that, and you allow pictures to speak for themselves, and you never allow that individual to open their mouth, or if they're from another country, you just claim that they don't speak English. That well, everything goes through a translator, and the translator says things that are appropriate. It's common in sports. You don't see it happen too often in politics, But when you're dealing with someone like him, I guess that's how you have to package him.
Speaker 4: There's a word that's being floated around in the chat that we can't say on the air, but it seems like a lot of people are agreeing with that word.
Speaker 12: Person Jonathan Underland, walking alongside with Sarah in the video told us but Sarah how to rush out due to an event visiting a rural health care clinic in Maderra.
Speaker 13: So the Vassarah campaign might be tempted to sit on a lead and not rock the book during this campaign.
Speaker 4: They call it the shift strategy. Shifts stop campaigning. After he won the primary for Senate, and so did Steve Garvey, the Dodgers were hot, and he wanted to go to Dodger Stadium a lot.
Speaker 13: I don't blame him, but I will say that voters don't want to be taken for granted.
Speaker 12: Political ANALYSTI Swat says despite the built in advantage Democrats have in California with nearly double the number of registered Democrats as there are Republicans, as well as recent polling showing Bessara with the near double lead among likely voters.
Speaker 13: But Sarah has no reason not to get involved because he has a nice cushion to work on. Even if he should make a mistake or two. I mean, he's got the most important message in California, which is he is against Trump and Hilton is a Trump disciple, Stephen.
Speaker 4: And when we break elections down like that, no matter what's going on in the state, well then it's all just about partisanship.
Speaker 3: And that's why Besarah doesn't care that he looks bad. He doesn't care, and he's going to drive the press corps crazy and maybe they'll kill him in their reports. I don't know, but from his point of view, it's not going to cost him the election, So what does he care?
Speaker 12: Elton, responding in part quote, Javier Bassara seems to think he can be elected governor of our state without taking questions from the press. What an insult to every voter and the democratic process. I won't believe him until he actually shows up.
Speaker 4: The big difference between this campaign and that shift Garby campaign. Steve Hilton is actively campaigning. He is doing hits up and down the state of California, going on local television, going on radio shows, going on podcasts. He was just on our podcast. He is definitely putting his voice out there and giving this thing a shot.
Speaker 12: He is are you saying there could have been a smarter tactic the Massara campaign could have implemented Van essentially run away from reporters.
Speaker 13: I would say so, I think the optics are not good when any candidate or anyone runs it away from a report.
Speaker 1: You can't go if it's Gavin.
Speaker 3: Gavin has a million and one problems, but he can think on his feet. You can put him out there and have him innswer questions. He doesn't do a ton of press with the California Press Corps, but he does appear from time to time. He'll do the national shows. He answers questions, and he repeats a lot of the same phrases, a lot of the same words, over and over and over again. But the guy can talk, but Sarah cannot talk.
Speaker 4: We have seen him in the few long form interviews that he has done in the primary, including when he first announced his candidacy to Alex Michaelson of then Fox eleven, and this was his answer to every single.
Speaker 1: Question, scrub it. We were dumbfounded.
Speaker 4: We were honestly dumbfounded that this guy was this stupid.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, when you hear him talk, it's not Is this guy smart enough to run the state it's how did this guy tie his shoes and make a baby.
Speaker 12: Trary to opponent Steve Hilton. Besarah has been rather inaccessible to medius since the primary. We confirmed with this campaign, Butserah's lost media availability was.
Speaker 9: June ninth, almost two months ago, and his campaign tells me next week Masserah will have a media appearance at an event alongside other politicians for Politico, but they did not commit to him being available to media for Q and A after that event.
Speaker 1: Chris, Okay, Jenny, thank you.
Speaker 4: It's not everything, but it definitely is something that the story right now of the election is that one candidate is running away from answering questions.
Speaker 3: They're doing what they have to do. I mean, what would you do if you were running his campaign? Would you put him out there?
Speaker 4: I would lock him in the basements. I mean, look what happened with Grampy Joe. Remember when Democrats first started to say maybe he should step down, And it was after that first debate performance and they thought, Okay, we're going to send him out for a network interview and show that Grampy Joe can be quick on his feed and I forget.
Speaker 1: Who it was with.
Speaker 3: Was it George Stephanopolis. I think it was George Stephanopolis. They sent him out for a sit down with George Stephanopolis, and it was crash and burn because that was what he was capable of doing. And you go, why in the world would you send him out to do an interview with George Stephanopolis when you know he can't do it. But they sent him out there and he did it anyway, and that was just another nail in the coffin. Imagine if they kept him more in the basement the second time around, if they delayed that debate until late in the process and they just didn't put him out there in front of reporters, he would have been the Democratic nominee. I don't think they would have replaced him.
Speaker 1: I don't know if they would have done any worse.
Speaker 4: And you know whose idea it was to have that debate in June, Biden.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, being self aware was not something he was known for. It's the Giant Phillips Show. It's the Giant Phillips Show. Eight hundred two two two five two two two. Is the telephone number one eight hundred two two two five two two two.
Speaker 1: If you'd like to email the show.
Speaker 3: You can do so at Johnny don't Like show at gmail dot com. That's Johnny Don't Like Show at gmail dot com and Randy. If you want to watch the show, participate in the chat and click dot like button. Go to Johnny don't Like dot com.
Speaker 4: That's where we're broadcasting live every single day on YouTube all over the world. We've got tons and tons of people hanging out in the chat room, including listener Ron who writes in with all this John and Randy AI images. Randy is doing his best is single handedly empty at Lake Mead. We do have a lot of fun with this. We're here every single day so you can watch us. You can react to the videos along with us player Lounger in the chat room. You can support the show by simply hitting that like button and considering that this show is completely free, it's the least you can do. Share the show with your friends, hit subscribe, hit the hype button if we have that. I don't know if we got the hype button yet, but other videos have the hype button, So hype us and comment on all of our on demand stuff, including the Accountability podcast. YouTube loves it when we get comments and we love it too, So let us know what you'd think by commenting on everything we do at Johnny don't like dot com?
Speaker 1: What do you say we make a couple of listeners very happy.
Speaker 4: Let's do that right now as I look up at the screen to see if the prize pig's going to call in seven ninety KABC welcomes Jason bonhams led Zeppelin Evening at the Pacific Amphitheater on August twenty second. Tickets are on sale now at pacamp dot com. But right now caller number nine at one eight A eight seven ninety five two to two, do get some pair of tickets to the show. This does not get you into the OC Fair, because the OC Fair will be over by then, but you get to go to the concert. Tickets furnished by the Pacific Amphitheater. Good luck dialing.
Speaker 3: The people of San Francisco have had it with the permissive attitude about drugs and randy. They're now taking to the streets to show it.
Speaker 4: They've had enough with us just allowing people to do the fentanyl fold up and down places like the Tenderloin and Soma in San Francisco, and people that are specifically in the recovery world would like to see something different. For more on this, here is ABC seven in the bed.
Speaker 14: Today in San Francisco, more than one hundred people rallied urging city officials to do more to tackle the drug crisis. Some are questioning the success of a key part of Mayor Lori's strategy, the Reset Center, which.
Speaker 5: Is an alternative.
Speaker 4: Why does everything in local politics have to have some stupid acronym attached to it.
Speaker 3: Because there are entire departments that exist to come up with them.
Speaker 4: You know who is the best at that was La Mayor Eric Garcetti.
Speaker 11: I received things on both ends.
Speaker 4: The nonviolent responders, that's the Circle program. And I don't know if you remember this one because he definitely didn't follow through on it. When Eric Garcetti was mayor of Los Angeles, he started a program to examine reparations and it was called repair. Guess what it went nowhere to.
Speaker 14: Jail for people arrested for using drugs or alcohol on city streets.
Speaker 1: Has anyone opened drinking in San Francisco?
Speaker 4: Which, by the way, that's an interesting thing to just put out there, because in certain areas and the entertainment zones were actively encouraging open drinking.
Speaker 14: Witness News reporter Loose Pania has been following the story and joins US Live to explain Loose.
Speaker 15: Yes, I'm at the research center. It's meant to be a new strategy to tackle the drug and mental health crisis on the streets. Were instead of arresting people and putting them in jail, it allows people to get sober and unstable and then connect them with resources.
Speaker 4: And part of this was, well, it's going to be a lot easier for SFPD to do a lot more when they're not constantly stuck in traffic trying to drive to the jail to drop somebody off. So we dropped them off at the Reset Center in the Tenderloin, wherein they're offered services. But Johnny, guess what those services are. You guessed it voluntary.
Speaker 3: And I'm sure they subscribe to harm reduction too, so they're just facilitating the drug use.
Speaker 15: But those who see their need our closed are saying the center is not living up to his potential and want more accountability.
Speaker 4: Hey, that's the name of our podcast, the most hollow word of the English language. That's why we named it the Accountability Podcast, because everyone uses that word and it means nothing. Check out our up and so with Steve Hilton, it was a blast on the.
Speaker 15: Same streets in San Francisco where about two people die from a drug overdose every day.
Speaker 4: This group LA is so much better. We've got seven that die every day.
Speaker 15: Rallied for change it.
Speaker 11: We're fed up. As a recovery community.
Speaker 15: Cedric Akbar runs the Eleonora Fagan Center in San Francisco, a recovery focus, transitional housing and health facility also known as a stabilization center. He joined over one hundred formally incarcerated individuals, people in recovery and advocates.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the people that are the most pissed about the permissive culture that we have towards drugs are people that got off of drugs, because the whole ideology of harm reduction is that people can't get clean. Gavin Newsome thinks that's the thing, because obviously he ain't clean when he went to rehab. But the people who actually did turn their lives around, it's got to be such an insult that our policies in the cities, the county, and the state of California is to make it easier for you to do Heroin.
Speaker 3: Well, they know what the reality is, and they know these politicians are full of.
Speaker 15: It, demanding for the city to hold those on the streets accountable.
Speaker 1: There it is again, the last time I checked.
Speaker 11: Sleeping on the street, using drugs on the street is against the law.
Speaker 1: That is true.
Speaker 3: Put this guy on the city council, so I expect the law to be uphill.
Speaker 15: In May of this year, San Francisco opened the Research Center, an alternative to jail or the emergency room for people arrested for using drugs or alcohol.
Speaker 3: All your pants up, his parents are so low it's beneath his underwear.
Speaker 1: Look at that. At what point is the belt even necessary?
Speaker 15: All on city streets? At Barsett?
Speaker 4: You know, our police officers are Sheriff's deputies in San Francisco. They have very dangerous jobs. But when I see them having to put on the gloves and stick their hands in the pockets of the bums, they need a raise.
Speaker 3: Okay, if I'm the cop that's arresting that guy, I don't care that he's technically wearing pants. I'm putting some newspaper down on the back seat for him to sit on, lighting it like a bird cage.
Speaker 4: We've talked about this before, but someday we're going to take calls from current and former police officers on just some of the things they've seen in the back of their patrol vehicles, because I'm sure there are some stories to tell.
Speaker 1: Lots of bodily fluids.
Speaker 15: See, he hasn't sent anyone to his center and questions its effectiveness.
Speaker 4: So this guy has a place where you can get clean right next to the Reset Center, and he has at exactly zero referrals from the Reset Center.
Speaker 3: How about this, Instead of giving money to the end, how about helping this guy out?
Speaker 11: We spend fourteen million dollars sort of reset center and the Reset Center. I was told that it was going to be.
Speaker 4: How did that cost fourteen million dollars? It was a room with some massage chairs.
Speaker 1: Because everyone gets their cut.
Speaker 4: Come on, Lurie, I thought you were better than this. This is very, very very close to London Breed's Safe Consumption site. Buy another name, make that money. She was fun, but she wasn't great for San Francisco.
Speaker 1: No, she wasn't.
Speaker 4: The spirit did move her at the Tony Tony Tony concert to ditch the mask, and that was fun.
Speaker 11: You should be able if people refuse to help while the treatment that they would be arrested. So the RESET Center is not there.
Speaker 4: We went, yes, the whole idea is if you refuse treatment, well, then you're going to jail. That's also the ideology behind Prop thirty six. But instead you get to refuse treatment, sit on the lounge chair for eight hours and till you're back to normal, and then we send you on your way to go do more drugs.
Speaker 1: And it cost us a fortune to.
Speaker 15: The Reset Center and saw people occupying some of the therapy recliners. The Sheriff's office runs the site and said at least seventeen of the twenty five recliners were occupied. Is the Reset Center working?
Speaker 16: So I believe these centers working. Since we opened May fourth to twenty twenty six, basically we had twelve hundred and forty five arrivals, eleven and ninety two were actually admitted.
Speaker 15: Since May close to four hundreds.
Speaker 4: So what's the definition of success? People showed up.
Speaker 3: To notice the look on his face when she asked him the question. It was almost as if he knows what the truth is, but he knows what the right answer is, because don't forget he works for the mayor and the council, and he gave the quote unquote right answer.
Speaker 4: If you're watching us on the live stream right now, they have a pie chart up from the Sheriff's department about people admitted to the Reset Center, people who stayed for eight hours at the Reset Center. And it looks like most people that get taken there by police are staying there because I'm sure the chairs look real comfy. But Johnny, notice how many people are declining treatment, declining care And what's the point.
Speaker 1: Of all of this.
Speaker 3: No, I would just send him over to Cedric Akbar, although I wouldn't send him to his brother Alaho.
Speaker 15: People have been referred to other places for help.
Speaker 4: By the way they break down the demo, it's like I'm looking at the analytics of our show, but they break down the demo of who's getting admitted to the Reset Center. Guys, it's a sausage fest.
Speaker 15: For two other places for help by this center. So there's over six hundred people who just get a pamphlet that says come back if you need help.
Speaker 16: Yes, And like I said, if we don't have consent, we provide them with the information that they need.
Speaker 4: This is the exact same nonsense behind Gavin Newsom's game changer around conservatorship care cord, where all of this treatment that's supposed to be mandated by a judge is voluntary. Voluntary treatment for this severely addicted and mentally ill does not work.
Speaker 3: And this is what they mean when they talk about quote unquote accountability.
Speaker 15: So adv could say that's not enough.
Speaker 1: We need to dis enforce the law, and we don't.
Speaker 11: We allow people to do things that are illegal.
Speaker 4: There are places that do you know, I know he got made fun of a hell of a lot for his half baked govenatorial campaign. But Matt Mayhan, the mayor of San Jose, they enforce the law. San Francisco has improved from where it was. But you go to the drug dens, they do not enforce the law.
Speaker 1: And look at this.
Speaker 3: Another guy who's a recovery advocate who's been through it himself, understands the reality.
Speaker 16: Nobody is held accountable and our solution in any public form is to provide more housing.
Speaker 4: You know, friend of the show, Tom Wolf, who's probably the most well known recovery advocate in San Francisco right now, you know how he finally got clean, He went to jail, changed his life, and then was offered to go to an actual treatment facility at the Salvation Army where you are not allowed to bring your drugs, and they turned his life around. We're denying that to thousands and thousands of people every single day because we think that it's better to let them decide on their own when they're done injecting themselves full of poison.
Speaker 7: That is not the answer to San Francisco's drug and homeless crisis.
Speaker 15: And according to the Sheriff's Office, on average, people stay in the Recent Center for about eight hours and if they don't want help, they cannot be forced.
Speaker 1: But and what's the point, just get rid of it again.
Speaker 15: Doing drugs will be taken back in.
Speaker 4: At this point, we wasted fourteen million dollars on something that is giving people pamphlets. Let's just go back to taking them to jail, even if the judges are going to let them out right away. Let's at least go back to that, because the Reset Center is a joke.
Speaker 3: It's a glorified visitor center to give you a pamphlet of how you could tour the Grand.
Speaker 4: Canyon or where the Hondos are that you can buy more smack from.
Speaker 3: It's the John Phillips Show. It's the Giant Phillip Show. If you want to watch us perform the show live, go to Johnny Don't like dot com And while you're there, be sure to click that like button. It really helps us push the show far and wide. Eight hundred two two two five two two two is the telephone number one eight hundred two two two five two two two. Well, Mexico's pollution is causing southern California.
Speaker 1: Well, you can smell it right here.
Speaker 4: It's time for the og installment of you can smell it right here, as we're going back to the southern tip of San Diego. Katie, are you ready?
Speaker 15: You can smell it right here.
Speaker 4: Coronado Beach has been closed over eighty five days this year. For more, here is NBC seven in San Diego.
Speaker 5: It continues to be a rough year for South Bay beaches.
Speaker 14: Toxic raw sewed from Mexico continues to flow north along our shores, making the water unsafe at some popular beach.
Speaker 5: NBC seven Salve reporter.
Speaker 1: What is the foam? What is that? I don't understand why this is that hard?
Speaker 3: You go down to Mexico, and clearly the carrot is not working, so it's time to start threatening them.
Speaker 1: It's time to start cutting off.
Speaker 3: Remittances going back to Mexico until they stop dumping raw sewage and dangerous chemicals into waterways that end up in our oceans. For a state that bills itself as an environmental estate, I can't, for the life of me understand why they allow this to happen. The state's got complete inaction on this. The federal government has complete inaction on this. This is an international incident every single day and it's been going on for years, and people are just allowed to suffer.
Speaker 14: Joe Little gives us an update on where we stand with repairs in Mexico and just how bad it got this summer at one of our premiere beaches.
Speaker 10: Except for the marine layer. This is how Coronado Beach is supposed to look. It's elite, it's one of the most popular beaches in the country, but it hasn't been for a third of twenty twenty six.
Speaker 3: What do you do if you're the hotels, you know what, we should just go down there and build a sewage system for Mexico. They're clearly incapable of doing it, and then just bill them.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 10: The birds are happy, tourists are happy, Coronado is happy. It wasn't happy two months ago when it was easy to see the toxic tide from that.
Speaker 1: Oh, just the color of the water.
Speaker 3: It's so disgusting. It is so disgusting that they allow this to happen. And you look at those hotels in Coronado. Those hotels cost a fortune. People are paying a fortune to look at that and smell that Mexico storm.
Speaker 10: The beach right outside the Hotel del Coronado.
Speaker 17: It's like yellow and brown there. I feel like it's more of a tragedy than anything. It just feels like, how can we not get this fixed.
Speaker 1: Matt Henry lives in Imperial Beach.
Speaker 10: I saw him surfing near the IV Pier Wednesday with a handful of others.
Speaker 1: Mat, Oh, not a good idea. No stay out of that water out there, man.
Speaker 17: Yeah, my mental health suffers so bad.
Speaker 11: If I don't serve.
Speaker 10: Matt says he's built up a bit of a tolerance, but he's not indestructible.
Speaker 17: Last year I got gaillardia. I got to think I got it ear infections. I got I've had a staff infection.
Speaker 1: This guy really loves surfing. I'm telling you.
Speaker 3: When I used to do those open water swims nowhere near San Diego, in Venice and in the South Bay Hermosa Beach Pier in Manhattan Beach Pier, I was getting so sick all the time. I'd get ear infections, I'd get eye infections. I had these weird rashes on my skin. And the moment I stopped doing it, I got better immediately.
Speaker 4: Well, it's the other part of this story. This is very obvious raw sewage that's getting dumped into the ocean, but based on how the way Los Angeles works whenever it rains, with all the homeless encampments, there's a lot of raw sewage getting dumped into the ocean on a daily basis.
Speaker 10: Bling this heavily polluted water flowing from Mexico through the Tijuana River and out to the Pacific.
Speaker 1: If you still want to do a live remote down there.
Speaker 3: Well we're getting closer to five thousand subscribers.
Speaker 1: Destroyed the water and the air.
Speaker 17: There's times when we can't even open the window. It's like it's no good, no good.
Speaker 10: From Imperial Beach to Coronado, where the County of San Diego says the beaches have been closed for more than eighty four days this year. That's a third of twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: You know what this is.
Speaker 3: Mexico has some of the most beautiful beaches on planet Earth. You go down to Portovarta, you go down to Ixtapa, you go to Mazatln you can find some five star hotels and amazing places. And because you see this grand opulence in certain parts of Mexico, you assume that Mexico is a first world country. Mexico is essentially a third world country with beautiful beaches. So imagine if we were we had Zimbabwe to the south, if we had Zimbabwe to the south, we wouldn't assume that they could do something like have a sewage system that worked, because we know.
Speaker 1: That's just not going to happen.
Speaker 3: So if you want them to have a sewage system that works, you have to go in and do it yourself. But because the framing of Mexico is that it's a first world country, we just tell them to do it and expect them to do it. Well, how many years has this been going on. They're not capable of doing it, so if they're not capable of doing it, you just have to step in and do it yourself and then say, Okay, we're going to cut this from whatever aid we're giving you for whatever reason, and we're just gonna keep doing it until you.
Speaker 1: Pay us back.
Speaker 4: That's the latest on the Tijuana River and Coronata. If you can get us to five thousand subscribers, John and I are going to do a podcast from there.
Speaker 1: It's The John Phillips Show.