Speaker 1: Now back to b Sports Leader New Days with your host Larry Krueger.
Speaker 2: Hey, we'll keep things rolling on this Thursday. This segment brought to you by Serfside. It's not a Seltzer, It's Serf Side, proud partner of the San Francisco, San Francisco Giants, the weekend calendars, Giants and Tigers all week and long. We'll have it for you. I'm the Leader seven point fifteen. Game one Tomorrow night, Saturday Night. Game two will be a four fifteen start. I'm going to that one with my family, excited about that. And then Sunday one oh five. Hopefully the Giants at that point going for the sweep against a Tiger team that traded Trek Skuble.
Speaker 3: But they're still pretty formidable for sure.
Speaker 2: Anyway, joining us on the Yuma guest line to talk Little Giants Baseball is the one and only Romo. You catch him every night on NBC Sports Bay Area with Kylon Mills.
Speaker 3: He does an incredible job.
Speaker 2: He's the former Giant closer All Star in twenty thirteen, fifteen year and a fifteen year Major League baseball career, one hundred and thirty seven saves, including thirty eight and twenty thirteen three World Series titles. Have we given him a proper intro? Sergio?
Speaker 3: How are you.
Speaker 4: Cod, Larry? You're asking about a proper intro? If that was one day man, one heck of an intro, that's.
Speaker 3: What that appreciates.
Speaker 2: Oh brother, I'm doing great man, and I enjoy watching you with my friend Kylon Mills. I love your analysis of Giants baseball, and let's just get right into it before we get into the team on the field, and we want to ask you a few questions on that front. But you're a big part of Giant's history and you understand what Mike Kruco has meant to Giants fans everywhere, young and old. And maybe your thoughts on Kreuk's decision to call it quits at the end of this year.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, congratulations to him, first and foremost on just establishing himself not only as a you know, an all star Big League or a starting pitcher, but also I mean he is, in my eyes, he is called the fame worthy as an announcer, as an in game commentator, a color commentary, but also as a guy who has always been extremely helpful to us. He always had, he has his handprint, fingerprint on a lot of us. They went through the system in the in the minors, but also once we got up to the big leagues. You talk about someone that was welcoming and also willing to give you some time. So I'm very thankful and I do feel indebted to Kruko just for the advice that he's given you throughout the years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, what do you think of him as a broadcaster, Surge? I mean, you saw him as a pitcher, or maybe he didn't, probably because you're probably too young to have seen him as a pitcher. But you've had a chance to have a up close seat for so many of Kruk and Kype's greatest moments.
Speaker 3: What stands out to you about him as a broadcaster?
Speaker 4: Well, growing up down in southern California, right, and rooting for the guys in blue, watching those games. Every time I would hear a Giants broadcast, it would be Cruco and it would be Crook and Kuype, right, and I was just impressed. It's extremely entertaining, obvious there's two guys that played the game, have tremendous amount of experience in between the lines and just about in every situation that the guys have, you know, guys playing now are experiencing. But Kruko He's He's his personality, his wittness tied to the experience, his communication skills, in other words, his ability to explain and describe the scenario, the situation and minds from mindsets, from the players' mindsets to the players intents, just in situational baseball, like he understood the game. He understands the game so well and he sees it from a different lens. And if you know, the saying goes, once you see the game as a player, you'll never see it any other way. And that's Kruco is a pretty solid example of that, especially finding the ability to mix the two together, right, you know, being the entertainer with his voice and in the game, but also describing the game using his experience to explaining what's going on. It's I mean, it's extremely entertaining and sad to see him go, but definitely understand the situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, you and him actually have a lot in common as pitchers because I thought you guys both showed a lot of guts. It takes a lot of guts to pour your stuff over the heart of the plate I want to talk about. I mean, all these three teams that you know, the the ten, twelve, fourteen, they were all great teams. I personally love the twenty twelve team the most. And you had an incredible run in that World.
Speaker 3: Series four saves.
Speaker 2: He had a sub one e r People remember you striking out Mickey Cabrera on that what eighty eight eighty nine mile an hour fastball right down the middle? Where, serge, where did the guts come from to throw that pitch right down the middle? I mean, did you when you when that ball leaves your hand against Cabrera? I mean, he's one of the great hitters of all time and you just dropped You dropped him a fastball and he obviously was looking for your slider. Did you know he was looking slider when you when you busted him down the middle with the fastball? Or do we just get lucky there?
Speaker 4: What? One of the best compliments I've gotten as a Big leaguer has come from Mike Kruco, and he gave me that sentiment. I've heard him say that, the line that I've had the guts of a cat burglar. Yeah, even in that particular situation against Cabrera, the same thing kind of came into play right, having having the courage to throw that pitch, but the confidence and conviction knowing that that was the right pitch at the right time. I kind of credit I kind of credit Meggie honest for that playing out the way it did. Game one of the World Series. I used to sit on the top step of the dugout for the first two three Indians, and I'd watched the first time through the lineup, and then I'd start my routine before I headed to, you know, my bullpen duties. And there was a foul ball that Scoutero had hit in between the third base dugout the third base coach in the in the dugout, and Meggie picks it up, does a fake throw like he's gonna chuck the ball at me while I'm sitting there, and I kind of just stared at him with a blank stare, like okay, like, and then he tells me he's ready for my slider. Contos was standing next to him, and he goes, what.
Speaker 2: Did he just say?
Speaker 5: He just said he's ready for your.
Speaker 4: Slider, Like, oh, I fired him up right, And I just looked at contos and went, dude, Miguel Cabrera knows who I am. That's pretty sick, you know. And if you were right handed, I'd like to think that if you were right handed, and you'd never face me, and I had the first time I'm facing you, and I felt that I had a ninety nine point eight chance of getting you out, you know. And it's only because I respect the game so much why I give it that point zero two percent, you know. But he hadn't seen it, and I gave him five good ones, and when he finally took a good, you know, decent hack and touched one for a foul ball, I was like, well, it's time throw a fastball. So definitely didn't mean to throw down the middle, that's for sure. Definitely did not mean to throw it down the middle. But I threw that ball as hard as I could in that moment, and forcing fastball looked like a two seamen and ran over the plate, And it's just meant to be right. So for me, it's it's just a lot of self belief. I honestly, I can say that, prior to making it to the big leagues, if I had have believed ninety percent of the people I had met, I would have never even made it to the minor leagues. So I always believed in myself. I always believed that I could play. But that confidence conviction also always comes from being smaller than everybody else my whole life, having to play up having too oh he's too small, don't throw hard enough, you know that, those type of labels. I had to break them somehow, right, So if I wasn't big enough size wise, well, I had to play bigger. Right. So if I didn't throw the velocity that they were looking for, where I had to find my ninety five miles an hour a different way. And I was fortunate enough to be able to find that in my slider. So I definitely believed in myself more than anybody else in this world, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: It's not the size of the fight and the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight and the dog. There you go, Hey, you know you mentioned I mean, I mentioned mggie. Miggy's a righty, and you were death Unrighty's right that slider, that frisbee slider froze rities. There aren't too many righties that you know that had that frisbee slider. I think at Jeff Nelson had that. He had that frisbee slider. Not too many guys though, had that kind of movement. But I want to talk to you because I knew you were coming on. So I watched the sequence of Game five, twenty twelve NLDS All twelve pitches, Jay Bruce against Serge Romo. You got him into an O two hole and it was a battle royale, and on the twelfth pitch he flew out to x Xavier Nady former Calbert and the Giants preserved the six to four lead, the six to four win. That was an awesome exchange. And that was not a righty. That was a lefty, and he was supposedly going to get a great look at you, and he was supposedly gonna rip it in the gap and send them home a winner. And instead, you know, you guys went right through them on your way to.
Speaker 3: The World Series.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: That I mean, first of all, do you let yourself ever go back and look at those twelve pitches and what's your recollection of that?
Speaker 6: At that that was probably, I will be honest, that was probably the most nervous at.
Speaker 4: That I had in my whole major league career. That was I And if you want to compare that to Faith and Cabrera in Game four of that World Series that year, that was probably the most calm outing, the most I knew I was going to get the job done outing of my career. It just in those situations, again, that self belief, regardless if I was kind of teetering with my positive thoughts in that situation, understanding that I am who I am, my teammates feel that I was I'm the right guy on the mound. And not only can I co sign with that sentiment and my teammates feeling that I was the right guy on the mount, I knew I was the right guy in the mount in those situations. Did I have matchup wise that I have the stuff to really match up against lefties? Especially a Jay Bruce who hit thirty plus homers that year, was an All Star. I think you had right around one hundred RBIs that year. In that situation on the road in the Hitters Ballpark, I just knew I couldn't let anybody down. And that was the one thing that I kept telling myself. If you happen to go back and look at it again, and in between pitches, I'd catch the ball and I'd look right into the dugout after every pitch. For me, I in that moment especially, I relied a lot on the faith and confidence that my teammates had in me. They were all at the top step, no one sitting down. Everyone was positive, encouraging words or just like real engaged in the moment and just sold out like passion, all on blast. Like it's just like it was easy for me to feed off of them in that moment because they wanted it so much. And I go, man, if there's somebody in this team in this world they want to get this job done more than me. I can look in that dugout and I can see a bunch of my teammates ready and you know, and expecting for it to be done. But yeah, I just dug deep again in that moment. I kind of feel fortunate because that last slider that I did throw him did kind of go over the plate a little bit more than I wanted. But maybe he saw it like it was gonna break a little bit more than what it did, but took a little not the greatest swing on it. And then, as you said, Calbert, former Calbert x Gregory Madi out. Now that was a pretty good addition for us that year as well. He catches that ball and I just remember going into his dug out like wapping like the brow and my head, like taking my hat off, and that was something I didn't do a whole lot, but I just remember kind of going, Wow, No way.
Speaker 3: What a moment, man, what a moment. Hey. Two last thoughts before we let you go.
Speaker 2: I gotta ask you one one on the current team, and I gotta ask you this one too. Boach obviously awesome manager, but he was always hailed as a great handler of the pen? Why why what made boach What made his kind of the way he handled the bullpen?
Speaker 3: Why was that hailed as great by so many?
Speaker 7: Often Boachie gets credited for being a wizard right pulling the strings because you're describing and explaining pulling the right strings at the right times and seemingly just never really missing a beat, you know.
Speaker 4: Making bad decision right. So I feel a lot of that is credited to his style of coaching. He is a father figure through and through. He talks to us like we are his children, and he has with me in particular and I've heard him so other teammates as well. He is used the terms I love you, I love you like a son. I see you as a son, I see you as this, and you know the fighting you. I'm proud of you, you know. I feel for you when things don't go well, and I'm even more proud of you when you fight and those things don't go well. And I'm even more proud of you when things do go well because I know what you can do well. That confidence in each one of us stems from his ability to get to know each one of us individually. How he remembers so many players that he played with, let alone guys that played for him, and he can tell you where they're from, he can tell you what makes them tick. He used to call me the brawler from Braley. I'm like, wow, he sees me way bigger than I see myself. And that's impressive, right like it just it was encouraging because he believed in me, and he saw a certain trait or a certain quality in me that he respected and thought, Man, you know what, I can do some wonderful things having that guy in my corner, you know, And I took a lot of pride in being able to answer that call, not just for boats, but for my teammates as well.
Speaker 8: You know, the.
Speaker 4: Confidence in faith that they had in me. It's not just given. It's not just something that here you go, you're next in line. Well, we automatically believe in you know, like you got to warrant that opportunity. And I do feel that some of these guys now now that are getting these opportunities. It's a lot of reminiscent to oh, eight when I got my debut, and nine when we had a.
Speaker 3: Lot more debuts.
Speaker 6: We're not even talking about all seven debuts, right, that led up to those change in climates and the successes and within the organization finding those homegrown pieces, just.
Speaker 4: Taking advantage of those opportunities. Right, You've earned these chances to have your name in the hats, you know, and when they puck your name out there and they give you that chance, that phone rings, they call you, you got to have that same conviction and belief that you earned that by doing what you do and trying not to be nothing else. If this world only asks you to, just do you present the value that you present on a daily basis consistently? That's what this whole world really asked, right in my opinion. Right, So then if that's really what it is, well, what easier way to eliminate all the pressures? Then understanding who you are, what makes you tick, and then just being you. There's no pressure to just be you?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 4: So I do feel Bochi put us in all those situations that he knew wouldn't affect us that he knew that we could be successful in because of that self knowledge, that knowledge that he had of us as individuals, as competitors, as teammates, as men. I just feel that we only know what is it confirmed or affirmed his belief in us and his ability to know which guy to go because of that knowledge. I just impressed by Bochi's best manager I've ever played for.
Speaker 2: Seriously, Hey, I'm last one on the way out the door, just give me a favorite. I like watching Land and Root Pitch. I just I think his arsenal's awesome. Man, he's got a power arsenal. He knows what he's doing. He's been impressive this year. Is there one pitcher, I mean, he doesn't have to be web, It could be one of the rookies. Is there one picture that You're like, I really enjoy watching this twenty twenty six Giant pitcher pitch this year.
Speaker 4: Well Landon is definitely one of those guys that I do enjoy watching pitch, and it is he has a demeanor on the mound. It may it's not as quiet as a man, but it is as fierce as a Matt Kane, and it's as competitive and you can tell like he's he's digging for the squad, right, and he expects greatness out of himself. But I was really impressed with Pitdwell's outing a couple of days ago. And it's not just it's not just how he adjusted and got comfortable, got in the rhythm and the fourth, you know, the second through four fifth innings were amazing. They were solid, much better than the first of course, right, maybe a little jitters there, maybe like hey, I'm back first starting the Big League for the Giants, like you know what I mean, Like he probably probably felt some jitters there, But I will say I was impressed with his response after the game. He goes, you know, five innings, I'm not a five and dive guy, and he wants to pitch more. He knows that there were some things he could have done not just in the first inning, but also in the second, third, fourth, and fifth. They could have sped up the innings, maybe made some pitches less, a little bit more efficient with his pitch count, and he could have pitched into the sixth, maybe even the seventh with how he got in cruise mode after the first. So I do feel the mindset of expecting more of yourself in a see it to believe it type world. I do feel that he sees himself way more and way more productive than the guy that can just give you five every five fifth day. So I was impressed with Pidgeons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey tid Well, is he a power writing man. He's got a nice future for sure. Hey Surge, we love what you're doing on NBC man, keep it rolling. Thanks for jumping on KMBR today. We appreciate you.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what we're We're still in baseball season, but I'll be checking in now to here what you'd be talking about the Niners, because I'm well into the Niner gang by now. I've been to San FRANCISCOO for so long, so that's gang. But I appreciate all your insight on that as well, and I look forward to hearing what else you got to say about the Niner guys coming forward, going forward?
Speaker 2: Thanks, Serge, have a great one man, appreciate you, Serge. Romo god Man, super fired up to have him on. We'll take a time out. Eightaway Cambre is the phone number. The big story of the day, Mike Cruco hanging it up. A thirty six year run comes to an end for Mike Cruco. If you want to react to that, eightaway cambr the phone number. H Roger Craig's going to the Hall of Fame. We're going to talk to South Palantonio about that as well. Coming up, stick around Larry Krueger with you on this Thursday on these sports Leader anbr.
Speaker 1: One oh four or five and six' eighty the Sports Leaders no from the O'donald Financial Group Sports. Desk learn more at odfigroup dot. Com O'donald Financial. Group because planning is a, process not a.
Speaker 9: Product, now if things could not get even busier around, here breaking news as we speak from The, Giants Mike kruco is opting to retire as The giants broadcaster officially at the end of the.
Speaker 2: Season let's take your phone. Calls Eightaway. Cambre what A crewk mean to. YOU i had a Great kruk memory or moment that you want to. Share bang the number eight, away Cambr we'll talk a Little kruk.
Speaker 3: Next i'm The Sports.
Speaker 1: Leader as you were listening TO V Sports leader Mid, days here Is Larry krueger and the stellic allegiate career At.
Speaker 2: Nebraska welcome Back Larry krueger with you on The Sports leader on This, thursday and The niners in down in training.
Speaker 3: Camp.
Speaker 2: Today we're going to talk a little football With South, palantonio who is one of the reasons That Roger craig is going to The hall Of. Fame is southpal did his presentation and he's very passionate About roger going to The hall Of. Fame And i'm really eager to talk To South. Palatonio but today was day eight of forty nine er training, camp and of Course i'm here doing the show, today So i'm not down there Normally i'm there for every, practice every.
Speaker 3: Everything But Brock purty was great.
Speaker 2: Today he's only from one interception in this entire, camp AND i have a long touchdown passes To Malik turner And Cadaryl hodge, Today so Brock purty continuing to play really really good football and.
Speaker 3: Maybe that can elevate the forty nine.
Speaker 2: Ers by the, way football returns, Tonight Panthers Cardinals hall Of fame, game five o'clock ON, Nbc Carson beck drawing the start for The. Cardinals all, right let's go to The lions And god to THE. Uma guest line For South. Palantonio who you, Know Roger craig's going to The hall Of fame And South palantonio had a hand in, it and he's with us to talk about. It Sal thank you very much for your, time big fans of yours through the, years big fans Of Great. Cosell love the matchup show you guys do. Together how you doing?
Speaker 8: Today i'm doing, Good, Larry and you, Know i'm just so happy that it's here and That roger is going to go into The hall Of. Famer it deserves spent a long time. Coming he should have been in a long long time. Ago i'm just overjoyed for him and his family and The San francisco forty Nine ers, organization particularly mister De, bartolow who you know came to me and, said you, know we want you to be the. Presenter it was my first year on The Senior Players. COMMITTEE i spent twelve years on the subcommittee For contributors And, coaches and it was my first year on The Senior committee and someone else on the committee had been Assigned Roger craig unbeknownst to, me AND i requested to be the presenter For roger and the. Committee And i'm sure GLAD i. DID i you, Know i'm Just but even BEFORE i was part of The hall Of fame selection, PROCESS i wrote a book like three years BEFORE i was on the, committee AND i said That Roger craig was most underrated running back IN nfl history and should be in The hall Of. Fame So i've always been passionate about his. CANDIDACY i, thought to sum it, up he was the transformative player on the transformative offense at a time when offenses were transforming in The National Football league Under Bill. Walsh so that's the very definition of A hall Of, Famer, NO i, mean.
Speaker 2: You, KNOW i also have been making this case for, years and the case That i've made was really surrounding a lot of people Say roger benefited from playing With Jerry rice And Jerry rice was a great, player and you always benefit from playing with great.
Speaker 3: Players But jerry's numbers.
Speaker 2: Are in the, stratosphere and you could argue That Brent, Jones Ricky, Waters Roger, Craig John.
Speaker 3: Taylor's, numbers partly dude Of, jerry were.
Speaker 2: Suppressed SO i really believe That roger's greater than his statistical numbers in.
Speaker 3: Profile, yeah AND i.
Speaker 8: Think people put too much on. NUMBERS i think it's really important to understand the dynamic of the game and the superlatives that he achieved at his, position and most, important how he helped his team win Super, bowls multiple Super, Bowls and he did all of the research THAT i, did talking to his teammates and just reading What Bill walsh said about him privately in. MEETINGS i went to a lot of the minutes of meetings and read a lot of the documents that were left behind by the Great Bill, Walsh and you, know he understood What Roger craig could bring to that offense and how important he was to, it and how important he would be to transform the. Position Dernie thomas would not be in The hall Of. Fame Marshall fulk would not be in The hall Of fame if it weren't For Roger. Craig christian McCaffrey's not going into The hall Of fame if not For Roger. Craig, WELL i think people need to stop with that. Argument, listen there's a lot Of Oakland raiders Slash Las Vegas, raiders whatever you want to call Them La. Raiders there's a lot Of Chicago bears who were elevated By, singletary and there were a lot Of Oakland raiders that were elevated By Kenny stabler And stable had to wait and he eventually got. Imposthumously so of course you're going to be elevated by your, teammates there's no question about. THAT i, mean Was Tom sever elevated By Jerry? Grot And Jerry grote doesn't get anywhere near the legacy points That Tom sever did and got nowhere near The hall Of. Fame but he was a, great great, catcher and when you listen to What Tom sever, said he wouldn't be in The hall Of fame Without Jerry. GROT i, mean the list goes on and, on AND i think people understand What craig meant to the position at a time when the position was transformed by the greatest offense of genius in the history of the game In Bill.
Speaker 2: Walsh walsh was incredibly, innovative And craig was his tool to innovate in a lot of.
Speaker 3: Ways you're.
Speaker 2: RIGHT i, mean it's really, amazing not just That roger was a thousand thousand, style but that it has not been done a lot in a passing oriented league Since falk did.
Speaker 3: It christian McCaffrey has done it a couple.
Speaker 2: Times BUT i, think you, know if you'd asked me in the late, eighties DO i think a thousand thousand will be done in the next twenty twenty five, YEARS i would have said, yeah sure a half dozen, times and it really hasn't.
Speaker 3: Happened.
Speaker 8: Yeah AND i would like to thank The hall Of fame for giving me the opportunity to make the presentation on behalf Of Roger, craig BECAUSE i went to them and, said, Listen i'm really passionate about, That i'm really passionate about his, candidacy and would you consider making the switch last minute so THAT i could be the one that makes the presentation in The Senior. Committee and they granted that, request and then of, Course i'd like to thank also all the members of The Pro Football hall Of fame selection committee who listened to my argument and some of which was. Crazy you, know you probably heard the story of How Roger, craig of, course was in a very famous music video From Mark Knopfler Dire, straits and he was in that video right Before Michael. Jordan's SO i actually played the song walk Of life By Dire straits in the committee meeting and had everybody hummet with. Me that is.
Speaker 3: Awesome i've told.
Speaker 8: That story on the station during The Super bowl last, year and you know WHEN i told, that people got really excited about. It BUT i think, again you, know you have to do everything that you possibly can for a guy like that who has been on the margin for so, long and the committee vote because he's so deserving and he's such a great man and was such a great. Teammate he listened to What Ronnie lott says about. Him and there's a reason Why Bill walsh Put Ronnie lott And Roger craig together as roommates in training, camp not because of What lot would do For, craig but What craig would do for A. Lot SO i, mean there's just so many impactful stories about. IT i wrote a long story about it in The hall Of fame yearbook that will come. OUT i think it is out or it came Out, monday and you can get it. Online and it's a really great yearbook this year because it's a really great. Class, oh no.
Speaker 2: Doubt The niners won Four Super bowls in the, eighties BUT i. Didn't they only have two offensive starters from their dynasty in The. Hall The packer dynasty of the, sixties The steeler dynasty of the. Seventies they're much more heavily recognized or or celebrated by The hall Of.
Speaker 3: Fame are the forty nine.
Speaker 2: Ers is their dynasty not BEING i don't, know respected as much as maybe it should, be or or is it just that there was a lot of, good very good, players but Not hall Of famers and in their.
Speaker 3: Dynasty you, know it comes down a lot to.
Speaker 8: Who's making the. Presentations it sounds, silly but it's who's. Advocating it's like anything in, life you, know you have to have somebody in your. Corner, yeah It look at The, bears they won One Super. BOWL i think they've got almost a dozen guys from that one Super bowl in The hall Of, fame and they never came close to winning another. One in, fact you could argue that they were one of the most overrated Super bowl teams because they should have won. More look at The, raiders they Won Super bowl. Eleven how Many raiders From Super bowl eleven are in That's hall Of? Fame? NOW a lot of, them believe, me deserve to be. IN i think that that's team was off the charts in terms of. Talent AND i Thought Kenny, Stabler god rest his. SOUL i thought one of the great injustices was That stabler went after went in after he passed. Away and you know That Pat bowling for The broncos really wasn't cognizant of the fact that he got. In he got in too. Late and that's what the REASON i pounded my just on the table For Paul, tagliabu BECAUSE i thought tagliabus should have gotten in The hall Of fame a long time, ago and LUCKILY i was able to make that presentation and get him in before he.
Speaker 2: Passed you made the argument here that you Know, rogers the only all decade running back that isn't in The hall Of, fame the seventies, team Oj Earl, Campbell Walter, Payton, Franco they're all. In, Dickerson Walter, Payton John, riggs his other eighties backs are all. In Ry, Sanders Emmitt, Smith, Thrman Thomas, Trell davis, back all decade running backs in the nineties all.
Speaker 3: In It'sle, Man it really is make that.
Speaker 8: Argument that was enough really in my view that he should be. IN i, mean to, me That's i'm glad that you brought that, up because that is really an incredible element in the. Argument Putting Roger craig in you, know suffice it to say the guy was the transformative player at his. Position you can't really say that about too many other players in the history of The National Football. League you really. CAN'T i, mean go down the list of the important offensive positions and who was the transformative? Quarterback do you have one on that list who could? Have who is is? This so we're Putting Roger craig in the same category As Johnny. YANITIS i, mean who is the transformative middle linebacker? Was But gus you know? Who so we're Putting Roger craig from his position at running back in the same category as some of the most iconic players in the history of the, game and he was overlooked for. Decades it's, sad But i'm glad he's finally getting. In i'm GLAD i, could you, know spend a lot of energy and play a small part in making it. Happen thanks a lot, too so much to The niners, organization mister De. BARTELOW i, mean Ed eddie d really helped quite a. Bit and you, Know i'm really really. Happy it's it's gonna be a moving experience just to see him BECAUSE i, know you, know he's he's he and his family are overjoyed with the opportunity to get that bust and get Into canton before he passes, away before he's you, know unable to really enjoy.
Speaker 4: It.
Speaker 2: YEAH i, mean if you said to, me what's the reason it's taken so, LONG i think you kind of hit on. It SAL i think everybody needs an, advocate and his advocate would have Been, walsh And walsh died kind of, young AND i think that really impacted. Things walsh had carried such clout with the media and within the, sport especially in The hall Of fame.
Speaker 3: Circles, YEAH i think you're.
Speaker 8: RIGHT i, do and even where people had advocates within their own, team it's still. Hard BUT i think With walsh it would have been different because you're, right he had you, know he has such persuasive powers and he'd certainly had the ear of a lot of members of the media for. Sure.
Speaker 2: Sal always love your work and you do amazing stuff on The matchup. SHOW i WAS i saw you in the press box In, philly BUT i didn't want to bother you During Niners. Eagles but, man that was quite a scene watching The niners go back there and get that win in the. Playoffs but thanks forming ON kmbr today and Talking, roger and thanks for everything you did to help Push roger across you know the goal line there so to. Speak, Uh niner fans are indebted to.
Speaker 8: You, well thank. You it was a labor of, love totally passionately interested into, it And i'm just. Fine i'm just happy that it finally.
Speaker 3: Happened thanks, Again sal for jumping on the. Radio appreciate you Byeye South. Palatonio uh does a great.
Speaker 2: Job and, man whatever he effort he had to get With eddie d to make the case For roger AND i agree with him wholeheartedly when he, said you, know when you think about, it every running back from the all decade teams of the, seventies, eighties, nineties and two thousands are all in The hall Of fame except For Roger. Craig come on that right there makes the. Case and it's an iron iron and iron clad case in my in my.
Speaker 3: Estimation so what do you?
Speaker 2: Go South, Palatonio and we really appreciate him stopping. By all, right let's take a time. Out we got more straight ahead if you want to chime in on anything that we've discussed, today whether it be The, Giants kruco's, Retirement Roger craig going to The hall Of, fame any of. It we'll talk a little football as well before we get out of. Here i'm The Sports, Leader.
Speaker 1: Juey listening to V Sports leader in Mid. Days here Is Larry.
Speaker 2: Krueger welcome back To Larry krueger with you on This, Thursday august the.
Speaker 3: Sixth hope everyho's having a good. One we got.
Speaker 2: Dirty work coming up at top of the. Hour but right now we're gonna take. Caller we're gonna take one, winner caller number ten at four, one, five eight nine six Camb are wins two tickets to See John mellencamp At Shoreline amphitheater there In Mountain.
Speaker 3: View august, twelfth By Live.
Speaker 2: Nation find official rules at the Sports leader dot. Com, so, uh there you got two tickets to See John Mellencamp, Wednesday august the.
Speaker 3: Twelfth Shoreline.
Speaker 2: Amphitheater tickets are on sale now at livenation dot.
Speaker 3: Com so there you.
Speaker 2: Go be caller number ten four, one, five eight nine six K nbr operators standing. By, goodbue good luck to.
Speaker 3: All of you. Guys all, Right Mike evans didn't practice.
Speaker 2: Today by the, way forty nine ers having practice In Santa clara today And Mike evans did not. Practice, man forty nine ers are just banged up early on and hopefully it's just. Nothing Major evans is battling at quad AND i gotta think that if it was The Super.
Speaker 3: Bowl he'd probably.
Speaker 2: Play but It's august and it's, early and they haven't even gotten anything rolling, yet AND i just think they're being very very cautious about putting him out. There but he stopped by and and you, know he's obviously spent a lot of years with The, buccaneers and he compared The bucks roster to The niner.
Speaker 3: Roster let's listen to this.
Speaker 5: On some great teams, though right the stacks up there with with one of the best Teams I've i've been a part. OF i, mean obviously we have to go out there and prove. It we're putting in the ord to do. That but In TEMPLE i had some really good, teams you, know play With tom Ab, Gronk Chris gowen. All so this stacks, up stacks up right, there and hopefully that we can accomplish what we WHAT i accomplished with that.
Speaker 2: Team there you, Go Mike evans With murph And marcus on THE Kbr Morning show talking, about you, know comparing some of those Great.
Speaker 3: Bucks, teams and of course His bucks team.
Speaker 2: With brady won The Super, bowl and Now evans is trying to help The niners win The Super. Bowl and it kind of begs the, QUESTION i, mean is this A Super bowl or bust season for the forty nine?
Speaker 3: Ers and.
Speaker 2: You, KNOW i know a lot of people that when they hear that, question the first response, is you, know you, know if if you're gonna be unhappy unless you win The Super. Bowl only one team wins the Super, bowl and so you're kind of setting yourself up for a lifetime of unhappiness if your you, know bottom line is you win the Super bowl and you're, happy and you, lose you don't win the Super bowl and you're.
Speaker 3: Unhappy AND i get.
Speaker 2: THAT i get, That but not every team has the same standards every. Year AND i think, ABSOLUTELY i, MEAN i think forty nine ers ought to lean into.
Speaker 3: It they'd to embrace. It they had to celebrate.
Speaker 2: It it is Super bowl or. Bust and it's not make it to the Super. Bowl it's win the freaking Super. Bowl they've made it to the Super bowl, before they've made it to THE Nfc Title game, before they made it to The divisional round last. Year it's not about winning ten. Games it's not about making the. Playoffs if The Carolina panthers won ten games and they made the, playoffs they'd.
Speaker 3: Throw a parade in Downtown. Charlotte, heck if.
Speaker 2: The raiders right, now for all the success they've had in their history as a, franchise if The raiders made the playoffs.
Speaker 3: Right, now they Would raider fans would be.
Speaker 2: Ecstatic they'd be, like oh my, god, amazing it's, amazing we did. It so everybody's got a different. Standard BUT i don't think you run from high. STANDARDS i think you embrace high. Standards SO i know there'd be some people that would be, like, ah you know, what you, know Super bowl or bus that's too that's too. Miserable like you, know if the odds of you being miserable are are too, High, ah that's a healthy way to.
Speaker 3: Live, okay maybe maybe.
Speaker 2: Not but if you're going to accomplish something that's really really highly, coveted like winning a Super bowl in a sport like pro football and twenty two twenty, six you're not lucking into. It you're not going to accidentally bump into a Super bowl. Title you're gonna have to be singularly focused and determined to the nth. Degree it's gonna take everything you got and then.
Speaker 3: Some SO i.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't be afraid of. IT i would admit when that's the. STANDARD i, mean look at the forty nine ers right. Now Mike, evans older, Player Deebo, samuel older, player K Christian, kirk older, Player Trent williams thirty, Eight Jake brendle mid, Thirties George, kittle you, know in his mid, career but he's coming off In. Achilles so he's an thirty year old plus player coming off In. ACHILLES cmc just had four hundred and fifteen touches last. Year he's an older. Player he doesn't like to talk about, it admit, it think about, it but doesn't. Matter you are what you. Are that's what he. Is Nick bosa's torn HIS acl three. Times he's thirty or he's going to be thirty later this. Year Drake greenlaw veteran, Player Fred, warner veteran.
Speaker 3: Player there's a lot of.
Speaker 2: Youth on this, team but there's also about ten guys that are not going to be better in twenty twenty seven than they are in twenty twenty. Six and SO i, think if you're a forty nine er fan and you're a, realist if you're being honest with, yourself.
Speaker 3: Damn right at Super bowl or, bust damn.
Speaker 2: Right so the way it, is you, KNOW i, mean and nobody should be afraid of. That nobody should run away from, that nobody. Should you should embrace. That that's where you're. At you, know you're Not, Warner Greenlaw, bosa you, Know Trent Brendle, KITTLE, Cmc Mike. Evans they're not going to be here in three. Years maybe one of that group will be here in three. Years can't even tell you which. One so, yes it's absolutely the forty nine ers go. Time you could argue that they should have won That Super bowl in twenty.
Speaker 3: Three they had a loaded. Roster didn't.
Speaker 2: Happen they Had they Eyed mahomes in the in the play in The Super, bowl they had the lead in, overtime they had the lead in the fourth. Quarter they couldn't do, it couldn't put it, away couldn't get that, stop couldn't get the stop they. Needed so they blew their best. Opportunity that was probably the, window or not the, window that was probably their best. Shot that was when they had all their. Guys you, know you could argue the First niners Chief Super bowl that a lot of The niner corps was a little bit just glad to be, there you, know and you Had jimmy G i really think if That Super bowl team The niners had In miami that lost To Kansas city had had a HEALTHY Dj, jones they probably win that. Day and if they had Brock perty instead Of jimmy G i think they definitely win that, day and if they could have found a way to get the ball To Deebo samuel in the second half of that. GAME i, MEAN i Asked Kyle shanahan about that in the aftermath and he didn't like. It But i'm, like, Bro Deebo samuel was The Super BOWL mvp at halftime of that, game Super bowl favorite to win THE. Mvp in That Super bowl, Halftime deebo he got two touches in the second half of the, game AND i Asked shanahan about, it, Like, kyle how does he only get two touches there in the second half of the.
Speaker 3: Game kyle's, like, well it's not the way it. Works like, really you got a guy who's a running back and he's a.
Speaker 2: Receiver you can call virtually any play you want and hand it to, him and you're going to act like him touching the ball twice in the second half of The Super bowl In miami Against Kansas city was out of your. Control you're the play, caller call a run to him that he touches, it then throw the ball to, him AND i get. It you, know defense is are going to take away what they can take away and this and.
Speaker 3: That you can't totally dictate on.
Speaker 2: ANYONE a defense can, say we're gonna take this, away you're gonna beat, us but you're gonna beat us some other. Way but, seriously to two touches in the second half of The Super bowl For Deebo samuel when he's absolutely at the pinnacle of his, career that was a. Fail that was a. Mistake so that was their best. Opportunity they had another opportunity In. Vegas it didn't.
Speaker 3: Happen couldn't get it blocked, right couldn't couldn't get the ball out in.
Speaker 2: Time Chris jones made a play nine or zero, line didn't make a. Play blame whoever you, Want, burford blame what you, know whoever you want to blame for.
Speaker 3: That fine they.
Speaker 2: Lost Now here they, are it's twenty twenty. Six they're one of the older teams In pro. Football they got a core of ten players that are still among their best, players and they're not gonna be better in two, years and they're probably not gonna be In pro football in three. Years so, yes is this Year's Super bowl or?
Speaker 3: Bust damn? Right it? IS i mean absolutely it. Is it Is Super bowl or.
Speaker 2: Bust nobody's gonna be happy with. Up they won ten but they lost in the wildcard. Round, nope nobody's gonna be happy with. Us they won eleven, games but you know they lost in the. Division, now nobody's gonna be happy with. That people aren't gonna be happy with winning THE nfc title game and losing The Super.
Speaker 3: Bowl they've lost The Super bowl BEFORE i know we're in.
Speaker 2: That we're at that point where it's, like, Yeah so basically what you're saying is it's all or. Nothing, yes, yes not for. Everybody it's not all or. Nothing for The. Raiders they win ten games and missed the, Playoffs they're still gonna throw. Parades My raider fans are gonna be, like, dude we're, Coming are you kidding?
Speaker 3: Me we won ten. Games Fernando. Mendoza this For Nando mendoza that you know you take bad.
Speaker 2: Teams if The Arizona cardinals won a playoff, game they'd be freaking doing. Cartwheels Bid wells would be absolutely doing, handstands.
Speaker 3: Thrilled we want a playoff.
Speaker 2: Game you, know most teams would be happy with going to the playoffs and winning a couple of, games but not The, niners not this. Year and it's just the way it. Is you can say it's a miserable way to. Live you can say it's a miserable. Existence you can say it's doomed for failure or set up for you, know, discontent and maybe all those things are.
Speaker 3: Right it is what it.
Speaker 2: Is it's Super bowl or bust for The. Niners this year they win, it it's a great. Year they go and they lose.
Speaker 3: It not a great.
Speaker 2: Year that's what happens when you have Five Lombardi trophies in the trophy case and you have not won one in thirty freaking. YEARS i you, KNOW i was there for eighty, one you, know so you KNOW i was there for ninety. Four but everybody in, there you, know under. Thirty it's basically never seen the forty nine ers ever win The Super. Bowl and they're getting tired of. Waiting, so, yes it is Super bowl or. Bust eight, away Cambr do you? Agree do you? DISAGREE i love to hear from, you eight away cambr the phone. Number all, right we got more straight. Ahead we're here till. Two Larry krueger with you on This thursday on the Sports, leader SAY.
Speaker 1: Nbr one oh four or five six eighty the sports. Leader you were listening to the sports leader in mid. Days here Is Larry.
Speaker 10: KRUEGER i haven't felt this good SINCE i probably a month before The Super. Bowl you, know even the whole TIME i was dealing With chili's killies. Chilies then you finally get a little healthy lass or a year after The Super, bowl you, know just enough to, play and then second game you, do you. Can't going off season going to The bunco was, Thinking, okay this is the year That i'm, gonna you, know make it. Happen and the second day you go, in you couldn't qualt off the. Bone SO i mean it's been after one out, there another one out, there an, another AND i just been playing catch up the whole. Time but NOW i just feel Like i'm WHERE i need to be. Now as far as just you, know body, health lost everything.
Speaker 2: That Was Drake, Greenlaw niners. Linebacker how many games can dre? Play that's kind of the. Question you, know it's going to be an Interesting he says he's feeling. Good he's feeling, good the best he's felt since before The Super.
Speaker 3: BOWL i went up to In. Vegas THE i guess it Was, thursday.
Speaker 2: Nights before The Super. Bowl they had their last media might have Been. FRIDAY i was late in the week and they had a media deal and he was sitting by, himself AND i got a pretty good relationship With dre AND i walked up to.
Speaker 3: HIM i, said, hey, man how you? Feeling and he's, like do you want to?
Speaker 2: Know or do you? Know do you not want to? Know And i'm, like, NO i want to know how you. Feeling he's, like you, know we'll. See i'm HOPING i can get through this. Game you, know he knew going into That Vegas Super bowl that his achilles was dangling by a, thread that he was, like one bad, move the wrong direction away from rupturing that.
Speaker 3: Achilles he knew.
Speaker 2: It he knew, it and he basically told Me thursday, Night friday night before The Super, Bowl he's, like.
Speaker 3: You, Know i'm hoping.
Speaker 2: This i'm hoping, this you, know everything works, out hoping everything works, out you, know but he, knew he knew he was. Diminished he knew he was his achilles was, dangling and sure enough it went out on him on the. Sideline and you, know if you go back to the live mic of That niners Chief Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Patrick mahomes was.
Speaker 2: WORRIED i, Mean Trick mahomes came off the field after that first. Sequence if you ever, go if you ever if you get a chance to check out the H i think it's THE NFL nfl you KNOW Nfl films, version you know the the live mic which comes out about a week after The Super, bowl and you Have mahomes running over to the.
Speaker 3: Sideline, guys, guys we need to ramp this. Up we need to ramp up our. Intensity we need to ramp up our. Intensity they're more intense than us, there you, know.
Speaker 2: And he's yelling at his, dudes and it was all about Dre it was all about Green. Law if you, Remember greenlaw started That Super bowl In vegas with his.
Speaker 3: Hair on, fire on. Fire he was making every every. Tackle he was flying all over.
Speaker 2: The field because it means that much to, him and this was The Super bowl and he was letting it all. Go and then a one false step trying to come off the sideline ruptured The achilles. MAN i, mean what a bad break for The. Niners oh what a bad. BREAK i really think they could have Beaten Kansas, city not just, once but. Twice the first time they needed they really NEEDED Dj, jones they didn't have. Them they couldn't stop the. Run Kansas city ran the ball well in That Miami Super, bowl and The niners had dominated the run UNDER Dj, jones But jones couldn't. Play he had a bad. Ankle couldn't play made all the difference in the. WORLD i really believe The niners would have Beaten Kansas city if they had a HEALTHY Dj, jones Because Kansas city could not have run the ball in THE a gaps in that, game but they did and they had some success BECAUSE dj wasn't. There and then this Last Super, BOWL i really believed The niners would have Beaten Kansas city if it weren't.
Speaker 3: For The dre Green law.
Speaker 2: Injury that's how Great dre was, Playing that's how amazing he was looking that, day or that, night or that late. Afternoon, anyway But dre's feeling, good and how many games can he play this? Year that's a. Question you, know The niner thing is really interesting on a lot of. Fronts, one by the, WAY i don't know if you saw, this The commanders Signed Stefan diggs today or yesterday one, year twelve million. Dollars Brandon ayuk supposedly bought a home In virginia for ten million. DOLLARS i don't think he's going to the. Commanders the commanders don't have multiple they don't have needs for multiple. Receivers they don't need they don't Need. Ayuk and now that they have, digs they really don't Need. Ayuk they got, McLaurin they got McCaffrey's, brother they got a whole slew of other, receivers some new. Receivers they drafted. In Tony williams had A clemson in the third. Round they don't Need Brandon. Aiyuk and he supposedly just bought a ten was a ten or twelve million dollar home In. Virginia and that's a big home In, virginia by the, way that has to be about six thousand square. Feet SO i don't know what's gonna happen To, ayuk but it doesn't look good for. Him and then the question with The, niners you, know can Brock purty carry them this?
Speaker 3: Year Brock purdy has looked amazing in.
Speaker 2: Practice, YESTERDAY i think the, NUMBERS i Forget barrows had.
Speaker 3: It it was like thirteen of.
Speaker 2: Fourteen, yeah, no he, yeah thirteen of fourteen For purdy On.
Speaker 3: Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Today the report's coming out of practice is That perdy looked awesome and threw a couple deep touchdown, passes and he is playing at an incredibly high. LEVEL i mean this is coming from people that don't even Like Brock. Purdy they're, like he's playing. Amazing the guy to watch for Is Jordan. Watkins he had four receptions On, wednesday including a touchdown catch From Mac jones on a. Slant he looks like he's ready for. Takeoff he really looks. Good the other kind of, competition that's a real. Competition it sounds, like Is Robert jones Against Connor colby for the left guard. Spot and everybody kind of Thought Connor, colby you, know was gonna win that job going, away but then Yesterday Robert Jones Chris firster started him at left guard with The ones and said that he's not one hundred satisfied With Connor colby and What Connor colby has shown so. Far so once again the competition is on for that left guard spot Between Connor colby And Robert. JONES a lot of talk about should The niners make that one more? Move they got a ton of cap, space but they're looking to roll over a lot of that cap. Space but should they make one more? Move AND espn had an article yesterday saying The niners ought to trade For Jesse. Bates it was, like it was like The niners should trade a third round pick in the twenty seven draft to The falcons For Jesse bates and like a sixth round pick Now baits played For raheem and he's got a relatively reasonable thirteen million dollar cap hit In atlanta's thought being kind of a rebuild. Mode so if you could add one piece to the, puzzle would you want to Add Jesse bates the Third maybe he might be exactly what they.
Speaker 3: NEED a lot of people would love to see The niners go.
Speaker 2: After, vitavea But Jason, licked the general manager of The Tampa Bay, bucks this, morning, said, MAN i have.
Speaker 3: No intention of Trading.
Speaker 2: Vidavea so even Though vidaveas is he wants, Out and even Though vidavea went to high school In, milpitis a stone's throw From, LEVI'S i wouldn't bank on. That and then there's always the people, saying go Get Max. Crosby but you, know it's just really hard to Imagine Mark davis trading with The. Niners just doesn't seem like it's gonna. Happen it doesn't seem like it's it's likely to. Happen you, know what's gonna be a key. FACTOR i think this year in the division is rookies in the. BACKFIELD i, mean look At. Seattle seattle said goodbye To Kenneth walker after he won The Super BOWL mvp and was a missing and they're leaning On Jadarian, price a kick, returner backup running back From Notre. Dame so If Jadarian price is not, Huge seattle's run game may not be.
Speaker 3: Great charbonnet is dinged. Up there is No.
Speaker 2: Walker arizona Drafted Jeremiah love really really. High supposedly he's not going to go tonight in The hall Of fame, game but he's going to be a key guy for, them as is you, Know, Beck Carson. Beck he's trying to win that starting quarterback. Job and then The. Rams If, stafford who's you, know, ancient if he's what thirty eight thirty, nine if he goes down with an, injury it Is Tye simpson. Time and then of course The niners Have Kaylon. Black SO i, mean you got some rookies in THE Nfc west that you, know it's it's if these guys step, up it could, be you, know whatever rookie is the. Star If Jadarian price is a, Star seattle's probably going back to the. Ball If Kaylon black is a, star maybe The niners are going to the. Ball If Jeremiah love is a, star Maybe arizona is a playoff.
Speaker 3: Team and if Ty simpson is a, star oh.
Speaker 2: My, god that would be. Terrible could you imagine if The rams went From stafford to Ty. Simpson so in the next, SEGMENT i want to talk a little bit About Dustin. Perry there's an awful lot of people saying all The niners are, Hurt The niners are, hurt Fire Dustin. Perry is that the? Answer we'll talk about that coming up. Next as we.
Speaker 3: Roll towards two on These Sports leader.
Speaker 1: AY nbr one oh four or five six eighty The Sports, leader.
Speaker 11: They start slapping in a little bit set three three times games That rio. Plays he's exactly. Right you you definitely don't know how many more opportunities you're gonna have it having a crack at, it you, know with with this group of, guys, right like you you've had guys here for a long, time the continuity with The kyle Us, checks The George, kittles The Drake Green, Laws Nick, bosas, like there's only so long that we're gonna have these opportunities together as this, group. Right SO i think that just makes you, know it increases your sense of urgency that much more to really make the most of, it you. Know but it's funny, though BECAUSE i feel like every year our sense of urgency is through the roof. Right ever Since i've been, here we've had the standard of winning a Super. Bowl it's always been Super.
Speaker 3: Bowl or bust for.
Speaker 11: Us so you, KNOW i think this year it's exactly the same.
Speaker 2: Way there you, Go Fred, warner welcome, Back Larry kruger with you on These Sports leader on This, thursday getting ready to hand the reins over To Cope's top of The hour And Dee pop for their. Show that Was Fred. WARNER i, mean it's there's no running from. IT i, mean it's now or. Never it's it's, okay it's okay to say it's Super bowl or. Bust because that's where The niners are. At It's Super bowl or what do they need to win This Super? BOWL i think they need three things to happen for. Them one is. Health and we're not off to a great, start. Right you got a bunch of guys who are. Dinged, now can you win A Super Bowl Ricky? Piersoll of? Course but if you start to keep losing guys one after, another that's gonna derail your chances pretty.
Speaker 3: Quickly so health is a big part of.
Speaker 2: It to, me there's two, major really three things major.
Speaker 3: Health you gotta be. Healthy got you can't have you.
Speaker 2: Know twenty seven guys you know on Ir you're gonna have to be, healthy especially your core ten. Guys you, know The, fred's the, CMCs The, warners The. BOSAS i Guess fredd is one of The Green, laws The, trance The, kittles all these.
Speaker 3: Guys they got to be. Healthy they can't go south.
Speaker 2: On you can't have a bunch of guys Like, ah they're not as good as they used to. Be and based on What i've seen this, summer they all look pretty, good all their top tier. Guys so you got to be, healthy your top twouys have got to do. It but it's also about pass. Rush you got to have pass. Rush if you have no pass, rush you're not going to. Win and last year the forty Nine ers were the worst pass rushing team in football and they still found a way to win twelve games and upset The eagles In philadelphia in the divisional. Round so you got to be able to move that quarterback off the. Spot you're just not good.
Speaker 3: Enough you could.
Speaker 2: Have Dion sanders And Lester, HAYES i mean, whatever whoever your greatest corners of all time Are Willie, brown you name, It Mike, haynes whoever the best corners are? Ever you could have two of, them and you're still not winning if you can't rush the. Passer you have to be able to speed up the. Quarterback you got to make him throw it before he wants to throw. It you got to make him throw. It you, know feel your defensive line and feel the urgency of the whole. Moment so gotta you gotta be. Healthy you gotta have pass rush to that. Front Nick wagner today on FROM espn On Grayson halton today at. Practice he, Says Grayson halton continues to make a strong first. Impression the guy has a lot of, juice with a quick first step and a short area, burst paired with some powerful hands that seemed to catch offensive linemen off. Guard he had impressive one on one wins Against Robert, Jones Connor, colby And Jake, brendle and then made some plays in the team. Periods, Also halton also is not afraid to express his, passion often letting out a yell after making a play or winning a one on one. Rep fresh legs, help but this is also what he flashed At. Oklahoma it's early and he needs to do it against someone, else but it's not hard to envision a role for him on third downs early on as a.
Speaker 3: Rookie so, yeah.
Speaker 2: He is a you, know OsO Digie zua gives The niners an inside rusher of, note, RIGHT i mean a significant inside, rusher somebody that has to be doubled. Inside but now you've Got Grayson, halton AND i, mean this guy really moves. Well at the beginning of, camp he didn't look all that, great but he's like he's made the adjustment and he was really. Moving yesterday in the practice he had one spin move in a one on one and he just landed right at the quarterback's face, mask and it's like.
Speaker 3: That this guy's a difference. Maker.
Speaker 2: Man this guy moves like a linebacker at two ninety, five so he gives you some inside. Rush the other thing that kind of stands out is you got to have some outside. Rush and The niners brought In. Okarnquo say that name five times, fast oh Ogbo. Okoronquo by the, way good luck to anybody doing the games this year if you've got to, do you, know broadcasts either stunts or twists or combo. Tackles for that Was Oh Digie zua And Okaron quo and Oh kwi.
Speaker 3: KNEW i mean you.
Speaker 2: Got three Long oh you, know oh is the first letter last names on THAT d. Line Oh Diggi zua And. OKARONQUO i mean that's gonna be a mouthful and a. Half But okaronquo yesterday just put on a show. Man he looks so good in the one on. Ones he was just abusing. Guys, now this guy was great At oklahoma And raheem drafted him in the fifth round in the twenty eighteen draft with The.
Speaker 3: Rams spent four years.
Speaker 2: There he had a bust out year With DAMIKO i, believe or maybe it Wasn't, tamiko but it was with The texans in twenty, two and then he spent two years In cleveland in that wide nine Opposite Miles. Garrett so he's got experience in the wide. Nine he was he was doing the one on ones yesterday and just just abusing the young. Lineman now it Was Enrique, cruz it Was Isaac, alarcon it.
Speaker 3: Wasn't you. Know we're not talking About Anthony munoz in his.
Speaker 2: Prime we're not talking about the you, Know Trent williams even or Even colton. Mckimnitt's we're talking about guys that you probably should abuse if your Name's Agbo acaronquo and you've, played you, know five years in THE. Nfl but to, me that's, this you, know the pass rush THAT i saw From ocaronquo on the outside And halton on the, inside and it makes me feel, good makes me feel good about what could be. Coming one last thought on the forty nine. ERS a lot of people banging the drum on social media for calling For Dustin perry's. HEAD i, mean think about, that you're calling for the head of The niners strength and conditioning, coach because what you're assuming that the injuries all have to do with. Him he's supposed to make guys stronger and more. EXPLOSIVE i don't think he's necessarily responsible for every soft tissue injury that happens to one of the forty nine er. PLAYERS i just find that very. Odd you, know Fire Dustin perry really, really you, know just because of the mass number of, injuries and he's the strength and conditioning.
Speaker 3: Coach what about the? Trainer you, know when you're not gonna fire the.
Speaker 2: TRAINER i know The niners of twenty players of their ninety man camp roster who are dinged up right. Now but a, team to, me it seems a LITTLE i don't, know that seems a little over the top to be like Fire Dustin perry when nobody really knows If Dustin perry has direct influence or no influence on These niners who happen to get injured in training. Camp there's a, trainer there's an assistant. Trainer you know those, guys you, know they they don't get. Blamed but the strengthened conditioning coach because he's a little bit more omnipresent can't rich.
Speaker 3: Him he's gotta. GO i mean that's.
Speaker 2: Where you know social media AND x in particular becomes just a. Cesspool it's, Like Dustin perry's gotta be. Fired why because The niners signed some guy who's got a hamstring poll or he's they signed a thirty three year old receiver who suddenly has.
Speaker 3: Got a tight.
Speaker 2: Quad, Now Dustin perry's got to be crap. CANNED i don't know that. One that one to me seemed a little, like all, right everybody needs to just take a.
Speaker 3: Breath you take a deep.
Speaker 2: Breath you know that somebody has to be called on the carpet heads have to. ROLL i, mean it's, frustrating BUT i don't know that it's it's as simple, as, Oh Dustin perry's the strengthened conditioning coach and they have some injuries and thus fire. Him SO i can't endorse that. Anyway that's gonna do it for us, Today fast four. Hours thank you To Kyle. Haynes thank you To John, Shay Tom, Rathman Sergio, Romo Randy, Cross south Pal, Antonio John, Curly Kyle, chung all the people at The Leader tough, day tough, day.
Speaker 3: You know at The.
Speaker 2: Leader we'll be back tomorrow for another edition of The midday or the Mid morning with yours.
Speaker 3: Truly so we're back.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow we'll have a, full full show, tomorrow and we'll talk a little bit about what The giants did tonight as well as you, know the forty nine Er Camp Roger. Craig we'll even get into tomorrow a little bit of the you, know the all the guys going on the outfield Wall, Belt, panic you, Know, Poblow, posey all those guys being honored as. Well pretty. Awesome homegrown. Infield is The giants homegrown infield of their championship years better or worse than The dodgers homegrown infield of the. Seventies we can get into that Tomorrow Belt, Panic, Crawford Pablo, Posey dodgers Had Garvy, Lopes Russell say And Steve. Yeger that's pretty. CLOSE i would probably lean towards The. Dodgers but, man when you Add posey to the mix and compare him To, yaeger who is more of an offensive, player maybe maybe The giants infield group is better than The dodgers infield group of the. Seventies we'll talk about it a little bit. Tomorrow, anyway that's gonna do it for us. Today have a great rest of your. Day copes and D pop are up, next enjoy. Them we'll see you, tomorrow and The Sports leader