Speaker 1: Okay, postgame wrap after another nice Giants win, man. These young, spunky Giants are playing some good ball coming back home.
Speaker 2: Now, it's sort of clouded again. It's hard to believe what's.
Speaker 1: Going on on the injury front with this Giants team. I never heard word about Adrian Hauser, what the initial diagnosis was, but putting that aside, the Giants had to cover almost a whole game for a second straight night, and they did it beautifully.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm worried about that because Hauser's, I mean, he'll pitch with pain. I mean, for him to have to leave a game like that, and he was throwing well, very concerned. Bullpen, however, was stellar the two nights in a row.
Speaker 2: But I love the formula.
Speaker 3: You score early, you add on, you play great defense, and you make it stand. And, you know, you're getting some guys who are starting to get a little confidence late in the game.
Speaker 4: I mean.
Speaker 3: That's what the Giants have been waiting to see. I think it's especially important to see it from your young guys. Carson Seymour, he looks like he likes.
Speaker 4: It there in that ninth inning. So good things happening two days in a row.
Speaker 1: It can be hard to go through because for a young guy to get to that point where you feel a little more comfortable, you kind of have to go through it. You probably have to fail a couple times.
Speaker 2: You probably have to..
Speaker 1: Not handle the pressure of a situation or a big league opportunity. And when you're pushing and trying to make the playoffs and you're a team that's, you know, those can.
Speaker 2: Be tough to take.
Speaker 1: But if you can get through that or get to a season, a point in a season where the pressure to win every single night isn't quite there.
Speaker 2: You get that, I think. Those guys start to feel that, feel more comfortable.
Speaker 3: When you teach it, you teach the 7th, 8th, and 9th inning are like three 9th innings. That's your mentality as a pitcher. You go out there, you know there's going to be adrenaline. You know there's a lot at stake. You know there really isn't a lot of margin for error. And you cannot nibble. You have to be aggressive. But more important than anything is you have to be comfortable in that environment. You can't let that environment overrun you because you're going to have adrenaline. And what have we always said about the great relievers? They're adrenaline junkies, which is what they are. So for a young player to be able to prove to the Giants that he's starting to feel comfortable in that environment, that's huge.
Speaker 2: It's a cool thing.
Speaker 4: It's the only good thing about being in a position record-wise. It's the only good thing.
Speaker 2: 100% agree.
Speaker 5: But you have to take advantage of it if you're a young player. A lot of guys don't get that shot, right? So take advantage of it.
Speaker 1: It was cool to hear the Devers yesterday in the hitters' meeting.
Speaker 2: Now he was just talking to the offensive guys. but that it was Devers.
Speaker 1: Who stood up in front of everybody and said, hey, man, this is go time for you young guys. Don't play scared. This is a great chance for you. I liked hearing that from him.
Speaker 4: Did you see him today on the field? Put his arm around Furman?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, good for him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did. That was a good shot you guys had.
Speaker 6: And you had some good shots of all of the body parts that hit the left center field wall. and parts of the body and face paint and whatnot of the giant center fielder, Drew Gilbert.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 7: And he walked away from it, and he seemed to be okay.
Speaker 3: If I'm Drew Gilbert, I go back in the clubhouse, I go into the training room, and I put 14 ice bags on my body and walk out of the clubhouse and do my interviews. Because he got hit in the leg. deliberately, second pitch of the game, two pitches were thrown at him, and he got hit the second time. Then he runs into a wall. Later on in the game, he hits a ball off his foot. 14 bags, I'm telling you.
Speaker 4: Strap him on.
Speaker 1: That made me nervous. He didn't look right after taking that collision. Thank goodness he was okay.
Speaker 4: It was a great play. Yeah, great play. Great play.
Speaker 7: What a play.
Speaker 2: All around, good night for the Giants.
Speaker 4: It was fun.
Speaker 2: And what was going on?
Speaker 4: What did he do?
Speaker 2: Why... First pitch goes behind him, and then the next pitch hits him.
Speaker 3: Obviously, it was on purpose. I mean, he should get fined for that. He could have got kicked out of the game because he threw a second time at him. He throws behind him first pitch of the game. I'll bet in my career, I've seen that at the start of a game maybe three times. And it's always intentional when you're throwing behind a guy.
Speaker 2: So, I don't know.
Speaker 3: We'll have to find that out.
Speaker 2: It was a good excuse to show that.
Speaker 1: It's probably not related, but when you guys showed the Footage of Eric Miller from earlier in the year, I just cracked up all over again.
Speaker 2: That's the funniest thing I've seen all year, Eric Miller.
Speaker 4: We didn't see it again.
Speaker 2: Oh, it was great.
Speaker 4: It was awesome. Anyway.
Speaker 2: Anyway. All right, we'll pick players right after.
Speaker 4: Anyway, anyway.
Speaker 2: After this. Anyway, anyway. Okay, post-game wrap part two. We're good?
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: We're good. Kipe, you pick first.
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're good.
Speaker 4: Oh, laugh all you want, D.C., D.C.
Speaker 2: Made an appearance on the air tonight. He spoke up on the air.
Speaker 4: And why in the world would he do that?
Speaker 1: We had the injury delay, and we were going to play some highlights, and my brother had the grand slam call in extra innings, and we were going to play the highlight. But the audio quality was no good. It was like crackly, and D.C. was like apologizing ahead. He has standards about what highlights will make the air, and so before... The call was good, but the quality wasn't good.
Speaker 4: So he didn't recreate the call.
Speaker 2: He did not. That'll be next time.
Speaker 4: Nice job. Nice job.
Speaker 2: I'm going to.
Speaker 5: Take the leadoff hitter. I mean, he's fun to watch right now, and he's making a statement definitely for next year. At least against right-handed pitching. Now we know he's got a ways to go against left-handers.
Speaker 6: But..
Speaker 5: His last at bat was as good as any at bat when he lined out to third.
Speaker 4: Anyway, Gilbert, good pick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, excellent pick.
Speaker 4: He may have showed everybody that just don't hit me.
Speaker 2: Don't hit me.
Speaker 4: Watch out, you're being attacked by a mosquito. Good pick, Kyrie.
Speaker 2: I really liked your pick. I was paying attention. Mosquito? We're not in Milwaukee. That's true.
Speaker 4: Good point.
Speaker 2: Whatever it was, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in Milwaukee, they have mosquitoes standing in the beer line.
Speaker 4: They're big. Oh, and they don't in Pasadena, right?
Speaker 2: No. No. It's the desert. Come on. What are you talking about? There's too much smog. I'll take the guy hitting behind him. I'm taking him for the second night in a row. Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Man, he smoked that ball. So that's– he's got the home run thing going. He's playing a good first base. He's taking some leadership. I like what I'm seeing from him. And I like the fact that he's not afraid to smile on the field.
Speaker 2: Me too. His personality is starting to come out a little bit more.
Speaker 5: Absolutely.
Speaker 4: Good pick.
Speaker 2: That's my guy.
Speaker 4: Great call, Dave.
Speaker 2: Thank you, John.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 2: Who you got?
Speaker 7: Well, I'm going– nobody picked Drew Cavanaugh, right?
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: Okay. Well, I'm going Drew Cavanaugh then.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: He got the hit.
Speaker 6: They throw behind Gilbert.
Speaker 7: Then they drill him. And that started the inning.
Speaker 6: Those were the winning runs that they gave the start to that inning to the Giants. Because he walked the next guy. Then he hit the next guy. That's how they got the bases loaded. And then Drew Gilbert got the two-run. Drew Cavanaugh got the two-run single to put the Giants ahead. And that was the game-winning hit. And he also had two more hits. And he also got a walk against a lefty. He had not had hardly any chances against left-handed pitching, but he got to face Maul, who's a left-handed specialist.
Speaker 7: And he got a walk against him.
Speaker 6: So he was on base four times tonight, and I thought maybe he did a pretty good job calling the game and handling the staff as well.
Speaker 2: Drew Cavanaugh.
Speaker 4: I love that pick.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's a lot of emotion in your bench when you have a hit batsman, walk hit batsman. And if you don't score anything with those three gifts in the first inning, The momentum just jumps right on the Reds' bench. So for Cavanaugh to come up with a base hit, and it was a clean hit, that was the biggest hit of the game. If you didn't take him, I was taking him.
Speaker 4: Nice pick, Mike.
Speaker 3: I'm a little ticked off you took him. I'm so glad I got to pick before you. Nice going. All right, well, then I'm going to take the pitching staff. I thought that they were great collectively. We really saw some great innings, one through nine. And with a tip of the cap to– to Carson Seymour for closing it out with a save.
Speaker 2: And so that's it.
Speaker 4: The pitching staff.
Speaker 1: Tenth different Giants pitcher to have a save this year since the save became a statistic in 1969. That's the most individual pitchers to have at least one save in Giants history.
Speaker 2: Ten have at least one save. Cool. You can add that to his resume. Put it right on there, right near the top. Carson Seymour. Good pick.
Speaker 4: Nice pick, Mike.
Speaker 2: What's on deck sponsored by your California Ford dealers?
Speaker 1: I don't even really want to say it just because it's just ridiculous that the Giants haven't had a sweep all year.
Speaker 2: They have a chance for a sweep tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Well, you keep playing ball like they're playing, and they're going to be in the game. I mean, you know, there's a few guys down there in that pen that are going to need a day off tomorrow. So, you know, hopefully the starter can– who is it, Rube tomorrow?
Speaker 2: Rube tomorrow. Hopefully he can give them six, maybe more.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Keep that pitch count low. Attack. Play like you got a great defense behind you.
Speaker 1: We'll see what the Giants' lineup looks like because it's a left-hander on the mound for the Reds.
Speaker 2: So it might look a little.
Speaker 4: Different, but still.
Speaker 2: Keep it going. Keep it going.
Speaker 4: This is fun. It is.
Speaker 2: What's on deck?
Speaker 1: Sponsored by your California Ford dealers and the legendary Ford F-150 truck. Visit BuyFordNow.com today to find yours. Alright, we'll have the highlights right after this.