Speaker 1: Shining a spot bite on the insane asylum that is modern day California.
Speaker 2: It's the John Phillip Show and very Happy Wednesday to you at twelve oh seven. In the West, It's the John Phillip Show. Mister Randy Weggs in Culver City.
Speaker 3: John We're broadcasting live on the radio on seven ninety KABC and eight ten KSFO in the Bay Area, and we're also broadcasting live on video. You can watch us every single day from noon to three at Johnny Don't Like dot Com. That's Johnny Don't Like dot Com takes you right to the YouTube channel you could subscribe, so while our content goes to your homepage, hit the bells. You're notified every time we go live and hit that like button, so YouTube starts pushing us to all kinds of other places. It really helps. Yesterday's live stream got over to four thousand people thanks to you hitting that like button.
Speaker 2: Eight hundred two two two five two two two is telephone number? What eight hundred two two two five two two two. Well. Much has been written about how Nancy Pelosi was able to strong arm Joe Biden into dropping out of the twenty twenty four presidential race well. At a forum that took place yesterday right here in the state of California, the San fran ma'am explained in great detail how she put a horse's head in Grampy Joe's bed and some arsenic and his metabusal.
Speaker 1: We love everybody.
Speaker 3: This was Nancy Pelosi at the Politico Forum. Let's hear what she had to say. Video courtesy of c SPAN.
Speaker 4: Do you regret not speaking up earlier about President President Biden's decision to run for reelection in twenty twenty four?
Speaker 5: No, I didn't really know, quite frankly, starting off strong right out of the gate.
Speaker 3: The other most useless phrase in the English language, Quite frankly, it means nothing.
Speaker 6: I let me just say what I did about Joe Bien, because it's been written about in a way that really didn't happen. All I said to him was this, and you're going to hear this.
Speaker 1: For the first time.
Speaker 3: Oh we've got an exclusive.
Speaker 2: Everyone gather around the campfire. Grammy's going to tell a story.
Speaker 3: Look at those pearls, and so is he. I guess I write, go ahead, I'm ready.
Speaker 1: I only said to her, by the.
Speaker 2: Way, I love how when he interrupts her, she just steers him down with daggers.
Speaker 3: Have you noticed that she's not a fan of being interrupted. She has the audience, she's about to tell the story. He does not need to interject, and she's gonna let him know she does not have that much time left on this earth. She's gonna speak.
Speaker 6: I've come to question the polling that you have and how your campaign is being conducted. I think there has to be a better campaign.
Speaker 1: To win the White House?
Speaker 3: What do you saying?
Speaker 1: And so to be con.
Speaker 3: She's motioning that she's very irritated by him asking the follow up questions because she's trying to set the scene here.
Speaker 2: And you could tell when she shot him the most recent look, that was a shut the f up look.
Speaker 3: The audio is gold, but if you can hop on the video, you do got to see Nancy Pelosi in her get up giving the political reporter all kinds of dagger eyes. Check us out at Johnny don't like dot com.
Speaker 1: It's always a thing about women talking and all.
Speaker 3: How many times do you think Katie Porter has seen that face?
Speaker 2: Oh? Many, many many times Nancy Pelosi has shot Katie Porter enough daggers that Katie Porter could use those daggers to cut carrots with.
Speaker 1: Sorry for the noise, I'm cutting carrots.
Speaker 3: Did you see she was a analyst again on with Alex for election night.
Speaker 2: I saw that.
Speaker 3: Yes, I wonder if you'll ever get invited to the same green room. My guess is no. So someone's got the giggles.
Speaker 2: Her and Willie Brown.
Speaker 6: So anyway, I said, now, this is what I asked.
Speaker 1: I didn't ask him not to run anythink like that. This is what I asked.
Speaker 3: I just heavily implied it.
Speaker 2: Right when I just put that horse's head in his bed, he kind of got the impression that I wanted him to drop out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would hope that we could have It is a funny situation too, because she's older than him, but she can still put a sentence together barely.
Speaker 3: Well, that's mostly the dentures.
Speaker 6: Some other posters come in and sit with your polster and discuss what they hear out there.
Speaker 3: So what she Wow, we're buffering c span. Come on, wait, did we not pay our internet bill? Why is this buffering? Do I get to lower the quality? No, it's only at seven to twenty p let's go.
Speaker 6: At that point seventy two percent of the American people didn't think he should run.
Speaker 1: Or could serve a term. I don't think he knew that, Okay.
Speaker 3: So and you know, imagine if he did decide to finish that campaign, and imagine that he won and then almost immediately after getting elected, finding out that he's got cancer and had spread it. That not a good time to be presidents.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that his own people were lying to him about the numbers because according to the books after the election, at no point was he leading in the election. At no point would he have won the election, but they had convinced him that he was doing fine, and then after he dropped out. It was the same thing with Kamala. At no point was she going to win the election, but she went into election day believing that she had it in the bag.
Speaker 3: You're doing yourself a disservice as a candidate if the only poll you're looking at is your internal one and someone's just trying to make you happy because it's not reality.
Speaker 6: Let's hear some from some other posters, okay, and that can give us a real better thought. I'm not a big believer in polling in terms of who's ahead in a race, but I am believing understanding what the public is thinking because we represent them, so we have to know that. So I thought that his post, oh, listen to this, this is what they have to say. And I had to listen to that. But I said, that's interesting and maybe right, but it may not.
Speaker 3: Because so she's telling him your polls are crap, and he says, no, no, no, no, Look they love me.
Speaker 2: Someone had to tell them.
Speaker 4: Quite frankly, it's right now.
Speaker 1: It ain't working.
Speaker 6: So I just think that for the campaign to continue and to prevail, which we must win, we should have other posters involved.
Speaker 3: And So was not a fan of the He drops out and immediately says, oh it's Kamala.
Speaker 2: Oh no, she wanted it to go to an open convention because she has had a low opinion of Kamala going all the way back to San Francisco.
Speaker 3: Everything goes back to the Bay Area.
Speaker 1: We are doing it.
Speaker 6: And I did say this, I think the public would like to hear that you've had a testing that demonstrates that you can serve the.
Speaker 1: Next diagnostic from a doctor.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like that, that's all I said. I didn't They said I told him not to run. Never I've never told anybody not to run.
Speaker 1: How do you repond?
Speaker 6: I ask you?
Speaker 4: Now? How do he respond?
Speaker 3: Can I ask?
Speaker 6: He responded, We were prayerful, you know, Catholic, we're prayerful. We had rosaries and all that, and we had a lovely meeting. It was only the two of us, except when you put somebody on the phone to talk about the polls.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's so embarrassing.
Speaker 2: Could you imagine her there with a rosary beads as she's committing a hit.
Speaker 3: M m, Well, she wants to make sure she sends you to the right place afterward.
Speaker 1: We love everybody.
Speaker 6: So whatever people said about it there didn't come for me. Or maybe it came from somebody in his staff.
Speaker 3: So she goes to see the then president Joe Biden, and she sits him down and says, hey, we're seeing what's going on. People are pissed about inflation, and they're pissed about the border, and they don't think you can handle this. And he says, no, no, no, let me call my guy.
Speaker 2: He says we're doing great, and she said, your polls are crap and everyone thinks you're dying quite frankly.
Speaker 1: But none of his staff was really in the room.
Speaker 6: He said, I get tested every day in what I'm doing and the rest of that.
Speaker 3: I said, well, we saw those tests, especially the ones going up the stairs, and.
Speaker 2: He couldn't go through a complete physical and release the results because if he went through a legit physical, one of the first things they would find is that he had cancer, because he had what was it, stage three, stage four, some aggressive form of cancer.
Speaker 3: Apparently now it's spread to his bones and every day, according to his son who's making all the podcast rounds, it is very painful every single day.
Speaker 2: That would have shown up back then. I would imagine in a PSA count or some other kind of test, and he couldn't reveal the fact that he had cancer. That would do him in in and of itself. But he also had clearly some form of dementia. That guy has been demented for years. And if you had a legit cognitive test and he failed a cognitive test, you can't put that out there either. So he had to find a way to punt on that because taking the test would have resulted in him dropping out of the race sooner than.
Speaker 1: A lion dog faced pony soldier.
Speaker 3: That's, by the way, not a real movie.
Speaker 6: I think people want to see something more in that regard.
Speaker 1: And then I was on and I went from there to the.
Speaker 6: MSNBC Morning Joe, and they asked me this was.
Speaker 1: A show of long standing. I was going with Belarus, Belarus.
Speaker 6: Thank you for remembering Belarus was this woman was selected president of Belarus.
Speaker 1: But the phugocracy that is there.
Speaker 3: I like that term thugocracy, thugocracy.
Speaker 2: That could be a movie title.
Speaker 6: Beholden to the thugocracy in Russia and other thugocracy, shall we say, would.
Speaker 1: Not let her serve her imprisoned her husband.
Speaker 3: You know who would love the term thugocracy. Shangey. The bureaucracy is real.
Speaker 1: It was the canon.
Speaker 6: And then she can stetlanas her name. She's a remarkable woman.
Speaker 3: And I promise anytime I hear the name's Svetlana and I am one hundred percent telling you the truth.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 3: I am reminded of when I worked at ninety seven point one, the FM talk station, and we had a weekend show that was called the Svetlana Show. I'm not making this up. It was a block show for Russian mail order brides.
Speaker 2: I was about to say when she said the name's vet Lana. That sounds like something that Stephen Klubec would order from a catalog.
Speaker 3: The guy who sold that show used to also work in sales here. You know exactly who I'm talking about. And I don't have to say his name, but everyone who works in this industry knows the only kind of person that would sell the Svetlana Showana early on.
Speaker 1: Where he husband was in prison.
Speaker 6: He's out now, but when he was in prison that we would work hard to have him freed. And because the children mis their dad, all this stuff, and I said we would do this, this, this, and this, and one of them was I would go with her to MSNBC and talk about what's happening in Belarus because.
Speaker 3: What what how does that move the needle of a political prisoner in Belarus? Well, you know what's really going to get attention to this morning, Joe.
Speaker 2: Maybe she thought that Mika Brazinski could sweet talk the dictator. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Human rights have been a big thing for me so.
Speaker 6: And of course bell Us was important in terms of what was doing in Ukraine all what so anyway, the uh the They asked the question, do you think the and I said, that's up to the president and that question, that answer, which I thought was perfectly appropriate, that's up to the president.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it was the way you said it, Nancy.
Speaker 2: Oh, she stuck that knife in.
Speaker 1: Was viewed as.
Speaker 6: I don't know, and so it grew into the thing everybody I had never called anybody about this, never.
Speaker 3: Talked you know what it was. Nancy Pelosi was the first person at a house party to say I'm leaving. And then as soon as one person leaves the party, the floodgates open, and everyone who was too nervous to be the first one to say they're leaving heads for that door because they want to go home.
Speaker 2: The dominoes started a fallen.
Speaker 1: To anybody that I called. Some people called me. I said, you have to.
Speaker 6: Do what you have to do, because I want to come out and station and run all the sudd I said, well, I'm not encouraging that.
Speaker 1: That's your business. Don't even tell me about it.
Speaker 3: She just insinuated without kind of saying it, because she's kind of going all over the place, but that she was telling people Kamala shouldn't run.
Speaker 2: Tell me if you're picking up on this too. She is a very wealthy lady who is wearing thousands of dollars of clothes and jewelry. She's an upper crust San Francisco rich lady.
Speaker 3: She's got a pearl necklace that looks straight out of the Simpsons.
Speaker 2: But she talks like a mobster, doesn't she.
Speaker 3: Well, Johnny, you know better than most her history and her family.
Speaker 2: Oh yes. Her dad was Thomas di Alessandro, the former mayor of Baltimore, also known as Tommy the Elder. Her brother became Mayor of Baltimore later on, known as Tommy the Younger. Her mother was known as Big Nancy, and Nancy Pelosi was known as Little Nancy.
Speaker 6: But when that happened, I was deluged with elected officials saying, you gave me a path.
Speaker 3: Thank you for saying something, Nancy. So now we can all dump on him together. Everyone gets their turn.
Speaker 2: Pushing Grampy Joe closer and closer to the glue factory.
Speaker 1: I'll give you a path, but they took it as a path.
Speaker 6: And when you think of the debate and how sad that was, that's really when we learned.
Speaker 1: Because see, I.
Speaker 6: Had been speaker, and when I was speaker, I saw the president all the time. But when I wasn't then I saw maybe three times that whole year, and so had I didn't know, and I don't.
Speaker 3: He was pretty slow before twenty twenty two.
Speaker 2: Nancy, if you'd like to email the show, you can do so at Johnny don't Like show at gmail dot com. That's Johnny don't Like Show at gmail dot com. And Randy, if you would have watched perform the show live, participate in the chat and click that like button, you can do so at Johnny don't Like dot Com.
Speaker 3: That's the domain name that we bought to make it as easy as possible to check out the live show Johnny don't like dot Com. Try it on your phone, Try it on a browser. That's Johnny with a y, Johnny don't like dot Com. Takes you right to the channel. You can hit subscribe so all of our content goes right to your homepage. You can hit the bells so you're notified whenever we go live, and you can like all of our content, leave comments, and all of our on demand stuff. It's all right there at Johnny don't Like dot Com.
Speaker 2: And later today at three o'clock, the newest edition of The Accountability Podcast drops Accountability Accountability Accountability.
Speaker 3: We sat down with Susan Crabtree for Real Clear Politics for a half hour discussing Gavin Newsom fleeing the state of California to go kiss the Ring of Abdul. I'll say ed you don't want to miss it, and it premieres at three o'clock right after we sign off the air at Johnny don't Like dot Com. Make sure you watch it, make sure you leave a comment and hit the like button on that as well. Our Accountability podcast is blowing up thanks to you.
Speaker 2: If you'd like to watch us perform the show live, go to Johnny don't Like dot Com and click that like button. We're already over one hundred, which is great this early in the show, but keep it going. We want to get that number as high as possible. It's the big thumbs up right there.
Speaker 3: And if you think this is shameless, you should watch people on TikTok Live, where literally the whole show is them asking you for money in penny meme donations.
Speaker 2: And Randy, what do you say? We make a couple of listeners very happy.
Speaker 3: Well, let's do that right now. Seven ninety KABC welcomes an evening with Diana Ross at the Pacific Gambath Theater on August twenty eighth. Tickets are on sale now at pacamp dot com or right now calling number nine at one eight eight eight seven ninety five two to two two gets a pair of tickets to the show. This is a postfair concerts and no fried Twinkies for you. If you want that, go to the fair now. Tickets furnished by the Pacific Gampa Theater. Good luck dialing.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go back to former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi explaining how she shoved Grampy Joe right in front of a moving truck.
Speaker 3: This was Nancy Pelosi at the Big Politico Forum yesterday, where she also and they haven't posted the clip, but she was asked about the dust up between Wiener and Connie Chan and she's like, I don't want to talk about that, but aren't you pretty much running her campaign? I don't want to talk about that. And coming up later in the show, Connie Chan did a sit down interview with Major Garrett on CBS News and it is it's delicious.
Speaker 6: And I think he had his sort of ups and downs, and when he had when I saw him one time, he was giving the Presidential Medal of Freedom.
Speaker 1: So that was a were vent and he was right, perfectly fine that day.
Speaker 3: I thought he was able to put a metal on her neck.
Speaker 2: Well, it wasn't exactly a game of ring toss.
Speaker 1: And so I didn't know. But I do think that those.
Speaker 3: I love how she's distancing herself, Well, I wasn't really there in the last two years, so I didn't know that he got we were in braindead.
Speaker 1: Who didn't know? Should have acted upon that information? Whatever?
Speaker 3: That misstaff and his family both, you mean.
Speaker 1: Well who ever knew?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, I wonder if at this point she is pointing the blame as many do to doctor Jill.
Speaker 2: Well, how about this. Anyone who paid for cable, and definitely everyone that stole cable was aware that this guy was demented. You didn't have to sit next to him at Thanksgiving dinner to figure it out.
Speaker 3: But what she's alleging, and we know this from a lot of the books that were written, that Biden's inner circle was trying to shield him from all of this, and they were the ones going out there putting out these nonsensical statements like, oh, you should just see what he's like off camera. The guy. And I mean, look at shameless Gavin Newsome, who would constantly say masterclass.
Speaker 2: Okay, he publicly had a conversation with a dead congresswoman. After he did that, there was no excuse for anyone that did happen.
Speaker 6: Now there's the staff saying the family knew, the family saying the staff, I.
Speaker 3: Don't know, but they should.
Speaker 1: I consumer he should have because this was a great man.
Speaker 6: He had when we had the two years with him and in the majority, did great things. We had the Rescue package, the rescue from from COVID, We had the Chipseack, we had the name.
Speaker 3: Wait a second, that American rescue plan was the bailout to all these government agencies that ended up ballooning their budgets. You want to know why Bart's broke is because they started spending like Nate could never spend before because they got all this money from the federal government.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would be bragging about that, Nancy infrastructure.
Speaker 1: We had the.
Speaker 6: Packed Act to honor our veterans. We had IRA to save the planet.
Speaker 1: He did remarkable.
Speaker 3: They all call it the IRA when they don't want to say the full name, which was the Inflation Reduction Act, which did not reduce inflation.
Speaker 2: No, it didn't things people said.
Speaker 6: It was a phenomenal presidency, owner par with what LBJ did, but in a short period of time, and then again that happened. But he's wonderful and everything. I'm sorry to hear about what his son has said about his illness. But Joe Biden was a great president, accomplished a great deal, and.
Speaker 3: Then he blew it all. And then because he wanted to stay in power, he destroyed the party for years and years and years. And then because he was pissed off at Nancy, he threw Kamala in there.
Speaker 2: That was purely out of spite. That was because he thought it was Pelosi and Obama who took him out, which was correct. And he also thought that both of them wanted an open convention because that would give the Democrats a better shot at winning the White House. So they got their way by knocking him out. But Joe's party gift to them was to give them Kamala.
Speaker 3: And Kamala could have said, oh, yeah, we did some things that were wrong, we did some things that were stupid. Joe's too old. But no, no, no, no no. When Joe endorses Kamala, Joe pulls her aside and says, no daylight, kid, no daylight. Which is why Kamala goes on the view and has asked, so, what would you do differently than the current president who is not very popular? And she did not have an answer, And she even writes in her own silly book that yeah, that was one of the big ones.
Speaker 2: Who would have thought, of all the people, Sunny Houston would be the interviewer that cost Kamala Harris the election.
Speaker 3: These are interesting times that we live in, for sure.
Speaker 6: Advertising Lincoln said, public sentiment is everything. With it, you can accomplish almost anything without it, practically nothing.
Speaker 1: You will me say that what would the sentiment to prevail?
Speaker 6: People have to know, so you have to use your bally pulpit if your president, I said, tell people what.
Speaker 1: You have done.
Speaker 3: You need to be an effective communicator, and Joe Biden was a lot of things. For the last decade, he has not been in a fe communicator.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but even when he was with it, he just kind of talked forever, didn't he He was known as being a wind bag.
Speaker 3: And he would sometimes get to the really soft, whispery voice and then out of control raises voice.
Speaker 2: It was like having Richard Dawson blowing a point to as president for four years.
Speaker 1: And he did great things.
Speaker 4: Well, thanks for that contribution to the historical record. I said, I was going to ask you about the past. And that was an incredibly vivid accounting that I think will be very useful, especially the part about him.
Speaker 3: He's like, Wow, this is going to get a lot of attention, including when she got real pissed at me interrupting her.
Speaker 4: Not getting the diagnostic test I think could have helped clear some of these concerns.
Speaker 1: I don't know that he didn't. Yeah, eventually, I don't think you ever did.
Speaker 3: So the question, so that was Nancy Pelosi and the clip that has been seen quite a bit now opening up on what that meeting was like when she said, Joe, you're done.
Speaker 2: And he never did get that medical evaluation because if he did, we would have found out that he had prostate cancer much sooner.
Speaker 3: That is most likely very true.
Speaker 2: So not long ago there was, In fact, I think it was earlier this week. There was a piece that was written by friend of the show John Fleischmann about Nancy Pelosi and he said that she was part of the Burton political machine in San Francisco. That's how she moved up the food chain in San Francisco politics. It was Phil Burton who was the congressman. He dies, Sali Burton, the wife, takes the seat. She then gets cancer and dies and annoys Nancy Pelosi to be her successor, and Josie is successfully able to use the Burton machine to win her that seat, where she stays for decades. And after she was elected the congresswoman from San Francisco, instead of being active in the machine back home, she became active in the machine in Washington, and that's when she started to move up the ranks within the House of Representatives to end up a Speaker of the House, first female Speaker of the House in the history of the country. And she became the leader of the Democratic Caucus and knew the inns and the outs of that caucus. But kind of, let's just say, became an absentee landlord back home. No one was ever going to beat her for reelection, so why bother getting heavily involved in the local politics of San Francisco. She flew home and was there when she had to be, But it wasn't like it was when she ran for the seat back in the nineteen eighties during that special election, and because of that, she is now trying to make sure that her preferred candidate, Connie Chan, succeeds her in the Congress. The problem is the politics of San Francisco today are very different from how they were in the nineteen eighties, which is the last time the seat was open, and Nancy is now learning that it's going to be a lot harder than she thought it was to make sure that her person replaces her in her old congressional seat and not Scott Wiener and Randy That topic came up during that same forum.
Speaker 3: All right, I'm playing this off of Twitter, so let's hopefully a dozen glitch.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 3: Here is Nancy Pelosi at that same Politico forum.
Speaker 6: So it isn't this isn't a new thing. No, we had a candidate in California, but he did not win. Who was on the way on the left.
Speaker 4: He did not well, didn't you get I mean.
Speaker 3: She's talking about I'm gonna butcher at AOC's campaign guy that also ran for this seat, sykart Chaquabody.
Speaker 2: And he spent a ton of money and did not finish in the top two.
Speaker 3: John wouldn't even try to say that name.
Speaker 2: Nope, attraction in.
Speaker 4: That race for your seat.
Speaker 6: Do you think, look, I'm here nationally, I'm here to win the house.
Speaker 3: You don't want to talk about Wiener.
Speaker 2: That it is Rosie O'Donnell.
Speaker 6: I don't want to talk about a race about somebody who didn't even win to come into the top two.
Speaker 3: It is interesting, though, just to think about that dynamic, because Scott Wiener is a lot of things, but I don't think anyone would say Scott Wiener is DSA, and the fact that he is Jewish means he's definitely not DSA. But San Francisco, unlike a lot of these other places, they've had their experiments with the DSA. I mean, come on, we all remember Dean Preston when he was supervisor of the Tenderloin and they've come out on the other end of it.
Speaker 2: Well, don't forget Chase aboudin the DA. They kicked him out office too.
Speaker 3: La we're just doubling down on all that nonsense.
Speaker 1: I respect everybody.
Speaker 6: I don't want to talk against anyone, but I am for Connie Chan to win that seat because what I came to Congress, who are twelve Democratic women.
Speaker 1: I said, forget that, out of.
Speaker 6: Four hundred and thirty nine members of Congress, twelve Democrats, eleven Republicans, twenty three minutes. And that ended over four hundred men and twenty three women. So being the former chair of the party from California from this hall, I said, we're going to change that. And now we have over ninety we have ninety six, and we want more Democratic women in the Congress.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but in her opposition to Wiener has a lot more than he has. One of those.
Speaker 2: Although it's interesting to see how she's trying to frame this because right now they're calling him a racist and a exist over that. AI bought.
Speaker 3: Oh, we'll get to that later in the show.
Speaker 1: Exciting, it's pretty exciting. So that is.
Speaker 6: That is what had been one of my missions in Congress, and one of the biggest joys I had in Congress was to serve as a member of the House Democratic Women's Caucus, where there was great camaraderie, great.
Speaker 3: Katie invited to that caucus.
Speaker 2: Her invite got lost in the mail.
Speaker 6: The differences of opinion collaboration again, what I think women do very well, you understand.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, she did not want to talk about the Connie Chan and Scott Wiener race in this forum, even though she is actively at this point, the rumor is that she is the campaign share for Connie Chan.
Speaker 2: If you want to watch us perform the show live, go to Johnny don't Like dot com and click that like button when you're there. We're already way over one hundred. Let's get that number as high as humanly possible. Look for the thumbs up. Please give that a click. It helps us out a lot, all right. Former Secretary of Health and Human Services Javier Bacharia has emerged from his basement with a new.
Speaker 3: Proposal, free electricity for one hour a day.
Speaker 7: Scrub it.
Speaker 3: What the hell this means? Nobody knows. But let's hear what Bacharea had to say at the Politico Forum, where he still didn't commit to any debates with Steve Hilton. Here is CBS eight in San Diego. You can hear it, right, No, no, see, this is why I don't like to play things off of Twitter. No, I didn't switch the scene. That's why you can't do it. Okay, now you can hear it, increasingly, morts, Now you can hear it.
Speaker 2: I could hear it.
Speaker 3: All right, I'm a little tired today. By midweek, I start running out of steam. These twelve hour days are starting to get to me.
Speaker 8: Yeah, good morning, guys. And tackling costs, we all know that it's becoming increasingly more expensive to live here in the state of California, and one of the sectors that we all pay a little bit more for utilities here in the state, and it was a large part of the debate amongst candidates during the primary and now that we're in the general election, Jaber Bassara has a promise to voters if he's elected Governor. Massara announced the plan yesterday. It would be called the California Power Hour.
Speaker 2: Now, wait a minute, Wait a minute, Wait a minute, Wait a minute. Isn't that what the Reverend Robert Schuler called his hour of preaching on Sunday morning television from the Crystal Cathedral in Garden Grove, California.
Speaker 3: I think Bessara's gonna get sued.
Speaker 8: If enacted, families would get two free hours of electricity during the middle of the day. It could also take strain off of the grid and reduce the amount of blackouts in the state.
Speaker 2: Now, as for who would qualify.
Speaker 3: What we see, So we're gonna encourage you to use as much electricity as you want while nobody's home and you're at work.
Speaker 8: What no right now is that the proposal would be for families of four making eighty two five hundred dollars or less.
Speaker 3: It would say, okay, so it's not really the power hour for all of California.
Speaker 2: No, just for a select few.
Speaker 8: We've been estimated one thousand dollars a year for enrolled households. Here's more from Bessera.
Speaker 7: How do I pay for that? Well, it just so happens that today we produce so much solar energy electricity that oftentimes in the afternoon we can't make use of all of it and so essentially goes to waste or we ship it off to some other state.
Speaker 2: Sometimes we have to bait to ship it out.
Speaker 3: Well, we don't have as much solar as we used to lineage burned down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not in boil heids, that for sure.
Speaker 7: Why don't we use it?
Speaker 3: So you think that people aren't already using all the power that they would in the middle of the day, But we're going to encourage you to do all of your laundry at one o'clock in the afternoon. What is he talking about?
Speaker 2: Okay? Can you imagine if they just said, all right, electricity's free between let's say one and two pm in the afternoon, can you imagine what kind of strain is going to be put on the grid? People are going to think that we got bombed by Iran.
Speaker 3: There are all kinds of Biserah proposals where the first question that goes to your head is has he thought this one through? Did he come up with this on the fly because he wasn't prepared for the interview. Sometimes Javi or Bessera is the Michael Scott of candidates, where he starts a sentence and he doesn't even know how it's going to finish.
Speaker 2: Well, go back to him in the Biden administration when they said that he didn't read any of the briefing books so he would show up unprepared. I not only think he not only doesn't read the briefing books, I don't think he reads the newspaper. I don't think he reads the Fortune and the Fortune Cookie after he eats his orange chicken scrub it.
Speaker 8: Now, as for his opponent, Steve Hilton, the Republican, has proposed a couple of measures to lower utility costs. Primarily, he wants to start a California version of DOGE, or Department of Government Efficiency, as we saw with the Trump administration. He believes that cal DOGE could combine three regulatory agencies in the energy sector into one to eliminate overlap in staff redundancy. His campaign has promised that that would reduce bills by twenty five percent.
Speaker 3: Eric Anetta, So there you go. Javier Basera wants to scrub your utility bills for a certain section of the population for one or two hours a day.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, now I can turn that basement he's hiding in into a meat locker.