Speaker 1: Okay, postgame rap time, Hobby and I come over and joined John FP on the radio side. After a flopsided Guardians win to start this three game series.
Speaker 2: They set the tone early, didn't they.
Speaker 3: They did, I mean right out of the gate. Three in the first four pitch walked to start it. Not really setting the tone. Carson wizen Hunt was a little all over the place tonight, and they haven't been swinging the bats and they did tonight.
Speaker 2: That's all you hear from the Guardians is man, this team.
Speaker 1: Is scuffling hitting. Hey, we can't hit. We're we gotta get the offense going. Walk hit home run three Betters into the game and was three nothing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, wasted no time.
Speaker 5: And we kind of were talking about in the in the telecast that this is a great opportunity for Carson wizen Hunt get going. He's gonna have the opportunity to get into this rotation next year and he's gonna have plenty of time to prove himself during this stretch. And just unfortunately for him, he's not able to kind of get it going early. And it's an offensive team for the Giants, said, I mean, the runs are going to be at a premium for most of these games, a lot of young guys getting there, finally getting multiple opportunities to hit.
Speaker 4: Either you kind of go off or you don't.
Speaker 5: It's tough to have a consistent offense when that kind of when you're kind of running that out there and when you're in the whole three nothing that it was tough. You knew it was gonna be a tough battle, and they just weren't weren't up to the test this tonight in Cleveland.
Speaker 6: Bummer dude, Yeah, yeah, Well the.
Speaker 2: It was nicely Eldridge.
Speaker 6: He hit the home runs. It's hard to be more impressive than that. Although the single he hit the next it was it was just a single, but about as impressive as single as you can get.
Speaker 2: It hit at one hundred and eight miles an hour. I thought it was maybe one hundred and eighty off the bat because wow, so so did Foster Griffin. He did have that look at his face like wow, who's that guy? So anyway, but.
Speaker 6: Just little small moments of excitement and gratifying moments from one of the young giants, but not a whole lot of I mean.
Speaker 2: They were just dominated.
Speaker 6: They only had wanted bat with the runner and the scoring position. It was the eighth inning already before they got another one, So that's sort of the definition.
Speaker 2: You just got totally overmatched, and.
Speaker 7: It's for the Giants. It's a chance here this whole week.
Speaker 1: You know, you play these games where you're not in the race, but you're in the race because Cleveland's fighting art.
Speaker 2: It's unbelievable.
Speaker 7: They're sixty five or sixty and sixty.
Speaker 1: Five coming in one game out of a playoff spot. But that's the reality. And then the Red Sox, of course, are in the thick of it and right in a playoff position. So you hope to see from these young giants some spirit and some spunk. When you get a chance to play these games, it really do matter.
Speaker 4: Take them home with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you're facing teams to get a chance to play in October and you know you're not, take them home with you. Yeah.
Speaker 6: It's weird that they're right in the race. You can't say they're not. They're just a game out of the final wildcard spot. On the other hand, there's five teams ahead of them for that spot, three of them a game ahead and two of them a half game ahead. So it's kind of a wide wild where I like to say what you can say. Man, they got right back into the race with a hot streak the last roight. Weit going five and fourteen and they're right.
Speaker 2: Back in it. Yeah, see, which is about right the way? It's kind of a race.
Speaker 1: Are they're making some announcement in the ballpark. What do they say?
Speaker 7: It is time to get the heck out of here.
Speaker 3: We're gonna catch the bus baby all of a sudden.
Speaker 2: I guess that's our cue. We'll take a break and pick players after this postgame rap part two.
Speaker 1: We're gonna pick some players of the game and uh FP, you want to lead us out?
Speaker 3: Sure, I'll go with the bench guy, Turner Hill in front of all of his family.
Speaker 4: And could you guys hear it on TV?
Speaker 3: Everybody sharing going nuts off the bench double down the line. I want to see more of that guy. And that was pretty cool coming off the bench doing that and not his hometown but close by his hometown. Might have been the highlight of the game besides Bryce's home run.
Speaker 4: That was cool.
Speaker 1: Marauding gangs are taking over the town of Marietta, Ohio right now because nobody's there.
Speaker 4: Nobody's there all year that was fun. That was that was good. Good pick, good pick.
Speaker 2: He's tickled to be here.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's cool coincidence he's here and he's so close to home.
Speaker 2: Good pick.
Speaker 6: We've only seen him in three games, but it leaves you you want to see him more. Give him some reps and let's let's find out what he can do.
Speaker 1: The advanced numbers if you look at like the advance wins created or runs created in triple A in the PCL. Number one offensive player of the Year in the PCL, Turner Hill above all the power hitters and all the guys hitting a million home runs in those ballparks, he's the guy who has the best offense of season going.
Speaker 2: I want to see more of him. Yeah, I'm with you.
Speaker 6: I remember years ago. He's in the Hall of Fame now, but there there was you know, Wade Boggs, and he came up to the Red Sox. He was hitting three thirty, three, forty whatever every every year in the minor leagues.
Speaker 2: Couldn't get to the big leagues.
Speaker 6: And they kept saying, well, and his mom and dad would ask the GM and what does he have to do? He says, well, he's a corner infielder. He's a singles hitter. We need a guy who hits the long ball as a corner endfielder. So he finally got a shot and had a great spring. I mean, he'd been around for years before he got a shot, and then then he went out and hit you know, three forty eight and walked a million times. And then after that he was hit three sixty. He had walked one hundred five times a year. So I guess if you don't hit thirty home runs as a corner enfield, but you hit three sixty with one hundred walks, but that will play as well.
Speaker 2: So and maybe a Hill is that kind of a hitter.
Speaker 6: Maybe I'd like to see him get that shot because that's probably he's a corner roundfield and he's supposed to be.
Speaker 2: Hitting the long balls. Yeah, a little more often.
Speaker 1: I mean it's a good point if you if you produce and a hit, you can do it in a lot of different ways.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So good call, ye who you got? John? I wanted to take Turner Hill, but I hear he's off the board. He's off the board, So I'm.
Speaker 6: Gonna go with Trent Harris because he had a night where I was left thinking, you know, maybe he's gotten his legs under him now and not a little too over amped because his stuff this is what we heard about from the minor leagues, and man, he looked great so and he was throwing a good cutter fastball and the great curve ball.
Speaker 2: He struck out five guys.
Speaker 6: In two innings, so that left me wanting to see him a little bit more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, by far his best out.
Speaker 3: You get a chance. It doesn't matter what the score is as a young player. You come into a big league game.
Speaker 4: It could be.
Speaker 3: Twenty to one. You get that inning. You got to show something. And he struck out five and two innings. That was really impressive.
Speaker 1: Good pick, John, good pick, Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna take Sam Martine for kind of the same reason in a sense that three batters he's up against the basis jam gets a pop up and then gets a double playball that needs to be made, so he didn't panic. He's a strike throw. We know he's a strike throw. He maybe throws too many strikes. I think that might be an issue for him to get He's gonna have to start figuring out how to get guys a chase out of his own, but the fact that he kept the heartbeat calm. He was in a big spot and he was able to get.
Speaker 4: The number one one.
Speaker 5: Like you mentioned, he got you get your your your number one pick out on a pop up in the infield. But never not a doubt for me. He had the whole time infield fly anyway, just for fun.
Speaker 3: He makes.
Speaker 5: He's got you all fooled. That's he's got that. No problem, problem, no problem. He hates pop ups, no problem. But you're just like that. You're in a basis loaded and you're kind of like what just happened? And then you get that pop up and then you get a double play that could have would have it have been made? And then you get right out of the next guy out. So I'm going with him.
Speaker 2: I like it. Good pick, good pick. I can't.
Speaker 1: I thought you were for sure taking Eldridge, So I was getting ready to. I was going through in my mind like, well, I'm gonna take Gilbert. He was zero for three and made an error, but I'm taking but I'm taking Eldridge.
Speaker 4: Eldridge, you know, just does I know you have a love affairs like you have it?
Speaker 1: He and I we're tight now. That's I mean, who wouldn't like watching this guy play. He's been the number one positive, been positive this year in a disappointing year for the Giants. He's number one for me. So he keeps keeps getting better. That's a good lefty on the mound. And he just smoked those two balls.
Speaker 3: Stay in there, nice on that curve ball too, is behind him, kept the front side.
Speaker 5: Can we can we give flowers to I don't want to do it, but Joe Adell, are you kidding me?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Sure? Yeah.
Speaker 5: He went three for three runners in scoring position, career high six RBI. Any bad, you're wearing the wrong UNI, But it's all good.
Speaker 3: I had already forgotten about that should game as you should.
Speaker 5: Yeah, couldn't even play nine caut you need nowadays, you don't need to go out.
Speaker 4: No iron Man record going down here.
Speaker 6: It's true he had he'd equaled his career record for RBIs by the second inning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, big deal, And he broke it by the fourth inning.
Speaker 6: So and that's why they got him this all of a sudden, the people here Guardian's fan, Wow, A good, good idea to pick that guy out. So and he and he he can do that he did that last year down the stretch.
Speaker 2: He did really strong today.
Speaker 7: Hit it for sixty. They love you here in Cleveland.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, what's on deck? Sponsored by your California four dealers. Does not get easier for the Giants. And Giants are facing two of the very best starters in the American League tomorrow and then again on Thursday. And we don't know whether the tug Boat's going to make his debut tomorrow, but he's here. He's going to be on the roster at some point. Is he going to start? Is he going to come out of the bullpen. I've already got an interview in the can with him, so we'll see. Maybe Matt Wilkinson makes his debut tomorrow.
Speaker 6: And you you've been broadcasting his games for the last eleven years, talk about some uh inside knowledge.
Speaker 2: Incredible twelve year old kid. I was on him pause.
Speaker 3: You called the Giants from William and say, I'm going to rephrase that draft this guy when he's twelve.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: He was great at the Little League World Series.
Speaker 2: Great when do you have sixteen strikes?
Speaker 1: Sixteen strikeouts at a seven inning game? Yeah, against Mexico it was that extra innings in No seven inning games in the Little League World Series.
Speaker 2: They play seven they do? Oh yeah, I guess I wasn't. Maybe I must have turned it off.
Speaker 1: After tug Boat. Maybe it's his time tomorrow, we'll see. I can't wait to watch him pitch.
Speaker 3: I can't wait to fill up the cove with tugboats.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine the first time he starts a game at home? What the codes look like? And so. And he's been a starting pitcher all the time.
Speaker 7: He told me threw a hundred pitches his last time out.
Speaker 2: So, okay, he is built up. If they want to use him all the way, he's gonna go out there.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They have to make a spot on the forty man roster right to be able.
Speaker 4: To activate him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So still mulling that up.
Speaker 6: And there was it's all speculation, I guess, but that maybe he'd open and then Howser would come in.
Speaker 2: Because Housers had success in that role. And I don't know. I'm just hoping to see it. Let him, let him open and then keep going as long as he looks great?
Speaker 4: How about that?
Speaker 2: How about it?
Speaker 7: Let's go Yeah, so maybe something to look forward to tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, let's look forward to it.
Speaker 1: What's on Deck Sponsored by your California four dealers and the legendary Ford F one fifty truck. Visit by Ford now dot com today to find yours highlights next