Speaker 1: And now, broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio at the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty. Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 2: And now, here's Armstrong and Getty. It's Friday! It's Friday! Live from Studio C. Si, senor. A dimly lit room deep within the bowels of.
Speaker 3: The Armstrong and Getty communications compound.
Speaker 1: Hey, y'all.
Speaker 2: Today we're toiling under the title of the show. Poopy water is the new atomic bomb. The nation is moving to make our infrastructure much more impervious to cyber attacks from our enemies. They might not try to kill us with giant bombs, but... Instead, turn out our lights and poopify our water.
Speaker 3: Which is not a bad plan.
Speaker 2: Evil bastards. That's right, that's Secretary of State. Alternate title, Article 5 is still alive, so cut the jive. At least that's what the head of the CIA would have said if he were Sly Stone. Or Rick James.
Speaker 3: If they sent Lamont Sanford over to Moscow. You have to be old to understand that one.
Speaker 2: Exactly. I almost went with Miles Davis in your honor. I know you're a fan. Cut to jive.
Speaker 3: How y'all doing? Jury still deliberating in the Lindsay Clancy trial. I thought we might have a verdict today to talk about, but we do not. And I guess in that state, they do it on Saturdays too. So if they don't come up with a verdict today, they could tomorrow. You've been on jury's I've never made it to the jury because of the way I look. I mean, they look at me and they think, we can't. Shouldn't he be wearing that seat for some reason?
Speaker 2: Look at his face.
Speaker 3: But I guess a lot of times you get verdicts on Fridays because everybody either out loud says it or just kind of subconsciously. It's the end of the week. Do we want to come back on Monday again, or do we want to go back to our regular lives, which you've interrupted for one week to two years now? And I can see why there would be pressure to try to come up with them. But they don't have that there because they work on Saturdays.
Speaker 2: So who knows? Yeah, you're right, because there is a feeling of, all right, we're kind of going around in circles here. We've got a hard stop. Let's bear down. Although I must emphasize, as I do every time this topic comes up, the most shocking– interesting horrifying aspect of serving on multiple juries for me has been um how you every time so far i've run into people who do not have the capacity for rational thought they are swayed by their emotions their prejudices what the last person said or they'll just they float through the world in a cloud of uh confusion because they're not very bright and i i didn't hate them for it but it was certainly not i mean i can think of a couple specific examples but I thought, oh my gosh, how do we approach this? What do we do with this person? And it can suck a lot of time.
Speaker 3: So instead of 12 angry men, there should be a movie called Four Simpletons or something? Four Dumb Men?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah. Three angry men, three angry women, about three irrational people, and three dimwits.
Speaker 3: The movie 12 Angry Men, which I've never actually seen, a classic, I'm told, Men. Did we not have women on juries back in the day? And when did that change?
Speaker 2: That's correct. Too emotional. That's right. And they're talking. God, you'd never get out of there. Blah, blah, blah, blah. Well, I don't know. That's a great question.
Speaker 3: Katie, it's kind of you're kind of required that you say, oh, you guys or.
Speaker 4: F off.
Speaker 2: Oh, you guys.
Speaker 3: Or F off or something.
Speaker 2: Both of you F off. I'm sorry for speaking for myself. We went too far. You're right. You did.
Speaker 3: See the balance there? I was stuck in silence because I was so offended.
Speaker 2: That's what that was. You were given the silent treatment.
Speaker 3: You know what you did. Did they actually not have women on juries back in the day? I'm sure that was the case.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I wonder when that'd be. I don't know. Women have had the vote since. 1918, unfortunately.
Speaker 3: Chat GPT that for me, Katie, because I'd never thought about that before.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they were allowed, women were allowed on juries gradually across the United States starting in 1898.
Speaker 2: Okay. First state, Utah. Congratulations, Utah. Well done. Way to lead the way, Utah, as you so often do.
Speaker 3: But anyway, so no verdict in that trial. That's one thing we're keeping.
Speaker 2: Our eye on.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what, it's Friday, so I don't want to go into this very long, but I was watching some of the Nepal videos and as horrific as they were, I was fine for, it didn't occur to me why until after I crossed the line, that one video that we were all watching on Wednesday, I guess, where the, the far off shot, you see all the people running from that building and then they just get obliterated. I guess because it was far enough away, I couldn't make out individual people or faces. I like, I was able to watch that, but I saw a video yesterday. Did you see the one where they're all standing on that? It's like a, it's like a doc and it's close enough to see their faces. And then when that, when that one happened, it was just, ah, I mean, that was rough. And I thought, all right, that's enough of that. Now I'm into horror porn to watch any more of these. I mean, I was, Kind of justifying it with, I mean, it is one of the most amazing weather phenomenons or whatever you want to call it, natural disasters I've ever seen. But man, you had all these people, they thought they were safe. So they escaped up to this dock and everybody's on this dock watching the flood. And then it comes from behind and it just obviously killed every single one of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I mean, you're looking right at them. And then all the other people yell, oh my God, in their, whatever language that is, Nepalese.
Speaker 2: Sure. Whatever. Whatever. Michael, I know you like to keep a diary of the show. Could you make a note that Mr. Armstrong started the Friday show with child murder and natural disaster that claims thousands of lives? Just, you know, setting a tone. It has been noted.
Speaker 3: It was a jury update and an affirmation of me not being a sociopath. because I don't want to watch people die. And I stand by my slanders. It's weird that we do now. Uh, we didn't used to, and now it's common. And I saw somebody on a somewhere CNN, there was a conversation about it where some like older person said, I just saw someone die on CNN. What is going on here?
Speaker 2: Yeah. You didn't used to do that. Didn't used to happen. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I don't want to come off as fancier than now too late. Shouts the audience.
Speaker 3: Um, 5,000-bottle wine cellar like Gavin Newsom? No, no, no, not in that way. That's too much unless you're an investor and wholesaler. Anyway, it used to be that.
Speaker 2: That sort of kind of base, prurient, whatever word you want to use, like horror porn stuff was relegated to what in England, and it's a delightful name, but they would call the penny dreadfuls. The very tabloidy tales of death and crime and sex and the rest of it. And a respectable person from, you know, even like your middle class up would never be caught dead with one in their hand because it's just– it's terrible. It's embarrassing to be a fan of the penny dreadfuls. That's for the lower classes.
Speaker 3: Oh, interesting culturally.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just– So does that mean the grim fascination with watching people die? I don't think is a, an example of being a sophisticated or have like a great conscience.
Speaker 3: No, it's not a good, a movement in the right direction. And maybe worse. It's just like, doesn't affect people. It just hasn't, it doesn't even register. Oh, those people that it's a nothing for some reason, because we're so used to screens, I guess. I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's kind of fun and exciting.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The whole screen thing. We should start the show officially and kind of reset. You are right.
Speaker 2: Joe is right.
Speaker 3: I can't argue with the point that I brought the show down on a Friday.
Speaker 2: I ruined the party.
Speaker 3: We got the daiquiri machine going. Strawberry daiquiris. And this is not the mood. I show up to your party Friday afternoon, barbecued and everything. Hey, you watching the murder trial? The woman, oh, you don't know about it?
Speaker 2: This woman, she took her kids. Yeah, and everybody's murmuring to each other. Who is that guy? Would it be weird to leave already? I mean, I don't want to be hurtful, but... What if we help move the whole barbecue to your house when he goes to the bathroom? Oh, God, now he's talking about dead Nepalese people. When he goes to the bathroom, let's move the whole barbecue to your house. We won't tell him. When he comes out, everybody will be gone.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 2: A lot to talk about today. A lot of good stuff.
Speaker 3: I'm Jack Armstrong. There's the backer machine right there. I like the ice crushed really small. I'm Jack Armstrong. He's Joe Getty on this Friday. This is our anniversary, by the way. We've got to talk about that, right?
Speaker 2: Isn't that, Michael? Isn't that our anniversary today? Yeah, in three days. Oh, I thought it was today. It's the 31st.
Speaker 3: August 28th, the year 2026, we are Armstrong and Getty, and we approve of this program.
Speaker 2: We'll have an exciting preview of our anniversary coming up. Here we go. Officially now, according to FCC rules regs, the show starts at Mark.
Speaker 1: I've never had this happen before.
Speaker 2: Oh, geez.
Speaker 1: All right, let me get it together real quick.
Speaker 3: You know what's interesting about that? In the context of the conversation. we were having, it sounded like crying to me if I didn't know what that was. It's often hard to tell laughing from crying. We've probably all had the experience where somebody is laughing so hard we can't really tell what's going on with them. And then you find out it's humor. Oh, you're laughing.
Speaker 2: Right, and often if you are amused enough, tears flow from your eyes. Yeah. Hey, God, what's up with that? Go figure.
Speaker 3: Anyway, that's a tiny little clip of something that Michael's been trying to get us to play all week long. It's like his favorite clip of the week of some news anchor or something losing his ass, and we never got to it, so we will get to it today, all right? I'm told it's fantastic.
Speaker 2: All right, then. That's good.
Speaker 3: So we got headlines on the way. We got clips of the week. We got lots of news to get to. I hope you can stay here.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty. The Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 2: Show.
Speaker 3: We're just discussing Trump's personality and how unflappable he is, while at the same time being easily flapped by the most minor comment. But he keeps on keeping up. It's an interesting trait that some of it I would like to have. Not all of it, certainly. Anyway, we'll have to talk.
Speaker 2: About that later. I would say inflexible, not unflappable.
Speaker 3: Similar but yeah i don't know i don't know the ability to just keep trying and powering through obviously everything can be taken to an extreme that is a negative in.
Speaker 2: General it's a lovely quality and we're all a mix of good and bad qualities but i i would you know the counter to that and again i'm not disputing the truth of what you say just since we're talking about trump The inability to recognize that doing what you do is harming you and others and to keep doing it makes you.
Speaker 3: That's a separate personality trait. We're talking about the post he put out yesterday. He actually posted this about him being the greatest president, greatest Republican of all time. Beneath him, Lincoln and Reagan.
Speaker 2: Also just the greatest president of all time. He started, it was like a tournament.
Speaker 3: So he started with the best Republicans, and it was a pyramid, and right below him, Lincoln and Reagan, and then atop him, a certain personality type that would ever say that.
Speaker 2: Even if you thought it, you wouldn't do it. But that's not him, man. I'm glad you're amused. I really am. Super. The polls say people are decreasingly amused, but... We all get a say in this great country thanks to the First Amendment.
Speaker 3: I'm increasingly amused by all kinds of crazy things that happen in the world. What are you going to do?
Speaker 2: It's probably a good way to be. Let's figure out who's reporting what. It's the lead story with Katie Green. Katie. All right.
Speaker 4: The head networks are talking about the awful flood. ABC, hundreds dead as nearly 1,000 remain missing in massive Nepal-Tibet flood. NBC, scientists say that glacier collapse that caused the Nepal floods is most likely linked to thawing permafrost. And CNN survivors say Nepal-China flooding hit like a tsunami.
Speaker 2: Hey, Europe, why don't you commit economic suicide again in the name of climate change? Because that's the only thing that's happened, really. Ice age has ended. What are you going to do? To the thing.
Speaker 3: So it was 140-foot wall of water going 40 miles an hour that had fallen a mile.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's really quite amazing.
Speaker 4: From the New York Times... Six months in, Iran's regime stands.
Speaker 1: U.S.
Speaker 2: Goals remain unmet.
Speaker 3: Whose headline was that?
Speaker 2: New York Times. Ah, come on.
Speaker 3: You're putting a negative spin, a negative accurate spin on what's going on.
Speaker 2: Well, goals are unmet. They're in progress. Here I am defending the administration. The squeeze, the economic squeeze. We've got to wait and see. A friend of mine, and I've got to admit, I rolled my eyes a little bit. A day after it was announced, the what was it called? The economic D-Day. I said, how's that? How do you think that's going so far? I said, no, that's that.
Speaker 4: No, it's it.
Speaker 2: But it's a long time. We'll tell time. New York Times. It's right in your name.
Speaker 4: From The Washington Post, new survey says most Americans have turned against police cameras that track license plates.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure where this conversation is going to end, but I'm very happy that it's being had.
Speaker 3: I don't like that they managed to do it before we had this conversation. That's what bothers me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure. From Breitbart.
Speaker 4: Dolly Parton recorded a secret song that will be locked away until her 100th birthday.
Speaker 2: All right. Good plan. All right. Who's making money off of that plan? Hollywood Reporter.
Speaker 4: Intense Six Flags Coaster X2 closed after two riders suffer brain hemorrhages.
Speaker 1: Ugh.
Speaker 2: It's a little too much.
Speaker 3: Have I told my worlds of fun getting my brains bashed in story before riding the roller coaster?
Speaker 2: I should tell that sometime. Horrifying. Later. Also horrifying.
Speaker 4: From the New York Post, 300-pound lioness and cub reportedly on the loose in central Indiana.
Speaker 3: I thought you were going to say on the GLP-1.
Speaker 2: I was going to say there's no need to list her weight in the news story. The gal's a little beefy for a lioness. On the loose where?
Speaker 3: In Indiana.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay.
Speaker 3: Isn't that where they had the monkeys?
Speaker 2: Loose? Is that Indiana? South Carolina, I think. Oh, yeah, you're right. Although, you know, there are loose monkeys now and again. Perhaps I'm forgetting the Indiana incident.
Speaker 3: Man, if you had monkeys loose and lions loose, just open the.
Speaker 2: Curtains, lock the doors, and.
Speaker 3: Get some popcorn, man.
Speaker 2: I'm going to saw the roof off my SUV and start doing safaris through Indiana. People with their big long lens cameras and stuff.
Speaker 4: Study finds 82% of Americans say they are living their life on autopilot.
Speaker 2: What does that mean? Not a whole lot changes.
Speaker 3: They're just kind of going day to day doing the same thing.
Speaker 2: And is that supposed to be a bad thing?
Speaker 3: I need more on this.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Hmm. And finally, the Babylon Bee.
Speaker 4: Assan Piker says anyone trying to twist his words as anti-Semitic is a dirty lying Jew.
Speaker 2: I like that one. It's about right. Yeah, he's desperately trying now to cover his tracks and cover up the things he said in the primary. And I get everybody taxed to the center. But in his case, he's an Islamist. So that's going to be a little tougher. Did you see the clip of El-Sayed?
Speaker 3: He's riding in a van with Piker and they're having a conversation with some other people about. the media trying to hold you to things you said and how wrong it is.
Speaker 2: We'll have to play that. It's really interesting.
Speaker 3: I didn't quite get it. I tweeted it out, but I didn't quite understand what he was up to, but it's an interesting way of looking at it. He was just outraged that the media holds you to things you said. Don't they understand the purpose is the, all right.
Speaker 2: Wow. Okay. No, I'm unfamiliar with that. I look forward to hearing. Yeah.
Speaker 3: We'll see what you think of that. We're going to get to clips of the week coming up a little bit, and then we will move into the news of the day. That's the way we do things around here. And if you miss a segment, you can get the podcast. Armstrong and Getty on demand wherever you find podcasts.
Speaker 2: You should subscribe. That's right. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 2: The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 1: The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 2: I need a body man.
Speaker 3: I'd really like to have a body man. Maybe we can add a couple of more stations and I could justify it financially to have a body man.
Speaker 2: Is that somebody a henchman who hides the bodies after you've done your worst or what?
Speaker 3: I know that, you know, it's, you know, rich and famous and powerful like Trump's got one. That woman, I think. that was in the news for the last week or so. Just somebody that follows you everywhere you go, that has all your stuff, like your phone charger and your hair stuff, and if you're a woman, your makeup, and just the things you need, your pills if you use them or whatever.
Speaker 2: I need a body man.
Speaker 3: It'd be very, very handy. I'll explain why in a moment with a behind-the-scenes glimpse of the show. So will me already.
Speaker 2: I'm going to get one. Probably a... foreigner who will work for less than an american i'll fake up an h-1b.
Speaker 3: Visa i need somebody who speaks english obviously.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah well some foreigners do that's what i'm told anyway uh let's take a fond look back at the week that was it's cow clips of the week it's cow they call it cow clips of the week it's.
Speaker 3: Cow jurors heard from 84 witnesses as prosecutors sought to prove that lindsey clancy murdered her three children.
Speaker 2: Nothing wrong with her life.
Speaker 1: She was a nurse, a daughter, a wife, and a darn good mother.
Speaker 2: The majority of people believe that Lindsay Clancy is not criminally responsible.
Speaker 4: President Trump has now imposed a 50% tariff on about $ 20 billion in Canadian goods.
Speaker 2: I have a lot of real estate on my ass, so he has a lot of room to kiss my ass.
Speaker 3: Meta agreeing to pay up to $ 18 billion in a landmark deal.
Speaker 4: Meta has agreed to set a default daily time limit of two hours.
Speaker 3: Rescue teams in Nepal are in a race against time as they search for any survivors.
Speaker 2: The mystery under the street.
Speaker 3: Of New York after three men were captured on video climbing out of the New York City sewer system. I'd like to propose that Los Angeles consider a pilot program for free hygienic sexual relief clinics.
Speaker 2: This is the first known time John Ratcliffe has visited Moscow as CIA director. Well, that went well.
Speaker 3: It ended in an odd way.
Speaker 2: And that was Clips of the Week. Does anybody have the slightest idea? I was told we had a problem with the clip. Oh, thank you.
Speaker 3: Thank you for that. Michael, thanks for jumping in with a quick... The plain-speaking Michelangelo. Ah, okay, never mind. If I trip and fall down, I'll stand up and say I tripped and fell down there.
Speaker 2: Oh, well, I'd like to apologize on behalf of the entire crew for that. I just ran into your car. Yes. Yes, you did. Yes, I hit it with mine. Look, you have dents in yours.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: Yes. You're going to complain about this.
Speaker 3: But back to the Clancy trial where they're in the deliberation right now. What do you suppose the because he had to think this out. You don't you don't just like do your closing arguments off the top of your head.
Speaker 2: We're talking about the defense attorney here. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Why did he say she was a good mom? Well, what was how did he think that would land? I know a way it lands to me is like, what the hell are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Well, to to to build a case that it had to be a complete psychological freak out. Because she was a good mom all along. You could see it. She had an enormous record as a good mom. Then all of a sudden she snapped. Yeah. I mean, because the opposite is, sure, she was verbally and physically abusive to her children and neglectful as well.
Speaker 3: But she wouldn't kill them. I don't feel like the opposite of that. I don't feel like those are the only choices. There's all kinds of people in prison, I think, based on my observance of life. You lived a kind of regular life your whole life. And then you snapped and did something really awful. And now you're in prison.
Speaker 2: Happens.
Speaker 3: You just kind of, you know, you lost your mind or you were drunk or whatever. And now you did something really, really awful. I'm not sure how good you were last year. Makes any difference.
Speaker 2: It does. If you're building the case that she had a psychological break. I wonder, though, that's why I brought it up. Was he swinging for the fences? Because I think if you're that crowd that was wearing the pink shirts gathered outside the courtroom and whatever percentage of America buys that thing, we were talking about that the other day and we're not sure. Didn't we come to the conclusion we think it's overwhelmingly the other way, even though it's been portrayed somewhat as lots and lots and lots of people are sympathetic? Yeah, I suspect so, just instinctively. You can't have people killing their children.
Speaker 3: I feel like he's swinging for the fences in that if you were leaning in that direction or kind of feeling that way, like that crowd, that would really land with them.
Speaker 2: She was a good mom.
Speaker 3: And then, you know, this happened. That wouldn't really land with them. It doesn't land with me.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: And any jurors were thinking, that's a bunch of crap. So I guess we'll see what happens when they come back. And then, you know, various jurors will go on shows and that sort of stuff and describe their thinking, I suppose, as happens in these High profile cases.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's funny. I see it exactly the opposite. I think that's the only only strategy. The only possibility for why she killed her children is she had a massive psychotic break. It's the only only reason I'm giving you my closing argument.
Speaker 3: How does it fit in with her sitting there stone faced in the courtroom? They've had to stop the trial multiple times because she's just weeping and inconsolable. I didn't know that because I haven't been following it that closely. But so she has. Okay, well, that makes more sense. Every time I see her on TV, I think, how are you listening to the story of how you suffocated your kids to death and just sitting there watching it? But you're saying she couldn't always handle it. I think that's a point in her favor in terms of the argument that it was a momentary something or other.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: She got emotional.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Cause how would you nudges it in that direction? How would you not? Oh my God.
Speaker 3: Anyway, if the verdict comes down, obviously we'll get to it while we're on the air. Um, this is kind of a promo for something we're doing on the Armstrong and Getty show. The reason why I want to have a body, man, uh, as we've mentioned a couple of times, we're going to start putting portions of the show and maybe all of the show at some point on YouTube, like a lot of shows do. And so we have installed cameras all over the place and fancy TV lights and all that sort of stuff. And we're trying to get all that nailed down. And when's the go time?
Speaker 2: 2032?
Speaker 3: Is that what we're thinking? 2032, we'll finally be able to go on YouTube. And it'll change everybody's lives for the good. My biggest concern with the TV lighting and everything like that is the red bulbous nose I have like I'm W.C.
Speaker 2: Fields.
Speaker 3: And so I got a brand new.
Speaker 2: Or the great, the vaunted, the beloved Rudolph, the reindeer of yore. Yeah, exactly. Like Rudolph.
Speaker 3: I could light your sleigh one day.
Speaker 2: That's right. The moral of that story, of course, you should belittle people who are different until they can do something for you. And then you should accept them.
Speaker 3: Unless they can do something extraordinarily helpful, continue to make fun of the problem they have that is no fault of their own.
Speaker 2: Exactly. Is the point of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. Yes.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I did some grok around and I bought the super expensive, like they use on movie sets, get rid of your red nose cream. And so if I had my body man, he would carry that around all the time. And I'm trying that out on the TV lights today to see if I could make things any better.
Speaker 2: Excellent.
Speaker 3: Otherwise, I'll be so self-conscious I won't even be able to talk.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's, well, gosh, maybe, is there a filter, Hanson? Can we fix it in post?
Speaker 3: You know what's interesting about a lot of people's, I've noticed this with my kids, I've noticed with myself, I've noticed with lots of people throughout my life, a lot of, oftentimes the thing that you're so self-conscious about that you think when you walk into a room everybody's looking at, you brought it up to other people, they'd be like, Yeah, I guess your hair is kind of this or that or whatever. I guess your shoulders are kind of narrow.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I never thought about it. You know, whatever it is that bothers you. I had been madly in love with my now wife for quite some time. And when I wasn't staring at her face, I was thinking of it. And after a year or two, she pointed out, yeah, I've got this flaw. And I'm like, what? Yeah, I guess. I never noticed it.
Speaker 3: Isn't that horrible that we do that to ourselves?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know. Let it go. Let it go. Let it go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I try to tell my kids, but of course it's tough to tell teenagers. Nobody's thinking about that or noticing that or whatever.
Speaker 2: Right, right. So before we plunge on to the news of the day, a word from our friends at Incogni. You know, this is a little grimish, but it's true. You know that murderous guy who assassinated a Minnesota lawmaker and her husband in their own home? When they searched the guy's car, they found a notebook with a handwritten list of 11 websites, but they weren't like weapons sites. They were data brokers. And that's how he got, you know, the home address. And it's amazing. It's there with your phone number, your family's names, even a photo of your front door. What the hell?
Speaker 3: First time I ever used one of those people search sites a couple of years back for something. I was like, wow, I can for like two dollars get all this information about somebody.
Speaker 2: That's disturbing. Your information is out there, too.
Speaker 3: And if you don't want it to be, you got to use incognito because they force data brokers and people search sites to delete you. Then they keep checking back because deleted data creeps back. because it's out there all over the place, and they keep it off the web.
Speaker 2: So do what we did. Go to Incogni.com right now. If you use the code Armstrong, you get 60% off. Incogni.com slash Armstrong. I-N-C-O-G-N-I dot com slash Armstrong. Incogni.com slash Armstrong. Because the next time a stranger searches your name, let them find nothing.
Speaker 3: Like, I've known a couple of tall, attractive women in my life who walk around hunched over their whole lives because they're so self-conscious about being tall.
Speaker 2: I'm like, really?
Speaker 3: It seems like an asset to me, but it's just horrible that we do this to ourselves.
Speaker 2: Well, in the case of a lot of gals, and I know this partly from raising a couple and talking to their friends and hearing them talk, if you have that self-consciousness in adolescence, it's tough to shake off. It's like a lifetime process of shaking that off for a lot of people.
Speaker 3: Well, and it only takes maybe one person in your life to ever comment on something to stick in your head for the rest of your life. Like John Mulaney, the comedian, always says, a 13-year-old has an amazing talent for picking out the exact same thing you're most self-conscious about and calling you on it. And that is true.
Speaker 2: Brutal. Brutal. Yeah, not good. So one thing we haven't talked much about is what they're calling the, is it the merry-go-round? Oh, the AI flywheel, where NVIDIA, for instance, it sells the best chips around, and zillions of them are actually lending money to tech startups and AI companies so they can afford to buy those chips, meanwhile investing in other companies to help get them up and running to buy their own chips. And their cash position is so amazingly strong, they can get away with it. with it for now. House of Cards is the wrong metaphor, but it's an interesting economic model. I'll say that. Certainly.
Speaker 3: I've heard people use the actual term. I don't remember what it was. But some sort of circular investing thing that we could all do. And then like on paper, it would look a certain way. Like if I give you if I gave you a million dollars and then you give a million dollars to Michael, then he gives it to me and we just keep going around like that. You could you could have that on the books in a certain way that it looks really great for all of us, but we're not really doing anything. Right.
Speaker 2: If we invested in a bunch of businesses that would invest, that would advertise heavily on the Armstrong and Getty show. And that was our revenue. And we began to depend on that revenue. Whether those businesses turn out to be strong enough to survive on their own is the open question with the AI stuff. Right.
Speaker 3: And if that ever falls apart, like you said the other day, boy, don't check your 401k the day after that.
Speaker 2: Holy crap. I was going to say, luckily, the world economy isn't supported entirely by that. Oh, wait. Yes, it is.
Speaker 3: By like five companies, the entire.
Speaker 2: To a significant extent.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Okay.
Speaker 3: We got mailbag on the way.
Speaker 2: Stay here.
Speaker 1: The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 3: Did Ron DeSantis misappropriate funds and, uh. Send them to a family charity and do one of those Gavin Newsom types of things. That was a story that broke yesterday. Apparently what we do now in America is we release grand jury testimony, even if nobody is charged, so that they then have to defend themselves. That's apparently a new thing that we're going to do ever since the Epstein files. And that's what's happening here. And we'll get into that in an hour or two.
Speaker 2: As we warned you would happen. Here's your freedom loving quote of the day. Continuing our series on progress. I love this. I've heard it in various, uh, forms. This is attributed to Ernie Hemingway. Never confuse movement with action. Oh, I've heard it. Uh, you know, all motion is not action.
Speaker 3: You know, that's what Claude told me yesterday is one of my flaws. We teased this yesterday, went to my, uh, chat bot threads and said, what are my character defects or my, uh, my flaws? And, um, And it laid them all out. We need to talk about that later. It's pretty interesting. You should try it yourself if you have any chatbot threads. And one more quote I liked about progress.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure to what extent I agree with this, but I sure loved reading Robert Heinlein through the years, a great science fiction writer and thinker. Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something. I think it's probably both, honestly. But that is an interesting perspective. People saying this is too hard. It's got to be an easier way to do this. That has been one of the great drivers of human progress.
Speaker 3: No doubt.
Speaker 2: And why not?
Speaker 3: My progress.
Speaker 2: Right. Yeah. Mailbag. You never write. Drop us a note. Mailbag at armstrongandgetty.com. Sarah in Kentucky writes... Guys, thank you. I was glad to hear the discussion of Dolly Parton's positive effect in the world. It's worth noting and emulating. And as with the scientific butterfly effect, I hope her influence continues to grow in magnitude. It's actually driven to remind myself of the particulars of the butterfly effect. That small changes in the starting point of a complex system can lead to massive, unpredictable results down the road. Take care that they're positive. I think a fair.
Speaker 3: Number of people picked up on the fact that Dolly Parton was so beloved because she was nice to everyone her whole life.
Speaker 2: Uh-huh. And that maybe that would work for me. Well, let's get off the niceness. I'm already bored. Tom in SoCal with what I called when I wrote back to him the email of the day.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 2: Given the state of immigration in this country, I believe the poem by Emma Lazarus on the base of the Statue of Liberty needs an update. Let's start with the most famous line. Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free. For this, I offer the following. Give me your entitled, your corrupt, your coddled asses yearning to get stuff for free. Wow. Yearning to get stuff for free. That's pretty good. Tom and SoCal for the win. That's pretty good. Well done. How about this? Similarly cynical. Kevin, the Texas Marine. With a more positive outlook on the Palestinian Authority's method of using October 7th as a math teaching tool. We talked about this, I believe, late-ish in the show yesterday. If you missed it, grab the podcast Armstrong and Gideon Demand. Yeah, literally, you know, Mohammed killed seven Jews on the first day. If he kept it up, how many Jews would he kill over a full week?
Speaker 3: Oh, my God.
Speaker 2: That was for third graders. Yeah, that's what they're learning. Anyway, Kevin, the Texas Marine writes, at least their kids are learning math. Kids here in the U.S. aren't. At least our kids know more about pronouns, though. Let's see. Keep K-B-U-T-T-S-A-S-F-E. Keep blowing up those test scores and slaughtering final exams. Let's see.
Speaker 3: If each drag show in town had seven dancers on a Friday night and there are six drag shows, how many drag queens would you have?
Speaker 2: Well played, sir. Well played. Let's see. A couple things we were talking about recently. Frank in Idaho said, who also almost went to law school, so he's an authority on the law, says, since the defense attorneys in the Clancy trial requested a lesser charge of manslaughter being included, isn't that an admission that they agree she could be legally responsible and undermine all arguing they've been doing, that she's not legally responsible? If she had a psychotic break, how can she not be legally responsible for murder, but not legally responsible for manslaughter? Wow, do we have time for this explanation? And I'm a non-attorney, but if they thought... Clearly, the prosecution has failed. Yeah, they wouldn't push for a middle ground, probably. They would want it to be all or nothing. But if you're thinking, you never know with juries, why don't we serve the interests of our client and put a lesser charge out there that wouldn't be that much of a punishment?
Speaker 3: Well, both Katie's dad, the judge, and Jonathan Turley on Fox said yesterday, I don't understand how they get to manslaughter with this.
Speaker 2: Right, right. I agree. Yeah, it's a stretch. Ryan writes, dear Cold Warrior and old Fancy Jack, for the love of America, President Trump should stop acting like the trolling chief and start acting like a goddamn president. He won't and we are doomed. Well, that's a negative point of view. Apparently you don't like the Lake of America. It's even shinier and ripplier than ever with its new name. Paolo writes, you guys are super apprehensive about AI in the future. The only practical course is develop it as fast as we can. The evildoers get it first, then we are screwed. The keep it going full speed is imperfect, but that's our only option. I'll flesh out his note later. I don't know if I find a flaw in that at all. Next hour, we'll have more. Listen.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty.