Speaker 1: Now back to murphin Markets on The Sports Leader, streaming live on the Sports Leader dot com at KNBR the Sports Leader.
Speaker 2: App All right, we are back live on the Murph and Market Show on a Thursday morning.
Speaker 3: John Dickinson Villa name for Brian Murphy.
Speaker 2: Today Murph wrapping up some of his summer long vacation plans. He'll be back Monday morning with a full list of hums and bums as we turn our attention towards the forty nine ers season. Also want to note that I'm sure my guy Murph will want to address the situation with Greg Silver and Greg Papa Monday morning. We addressed it earlier today in the show in the first thirty minutes if you want to go back on the YouTube stream or check out the podcast after the show today, and we might have a few more words towards the end of the show as we all try to figure out what's going on here at the Sports Leader and how we continue to move forward because we do still have forty nine of football to talk about, and the season starts five weeks from today.
Speaker 3: JD next week is.
Speaker 2: The first preseason game of the year for the forty nine Ers, taken on to Tennessee Titans. We've got the Hall of Fame game tonight between the Panthers and the Arizona Cardinals, which means we are fully deep in forty nine er talk and travel talk.
Speaker 3: Apparently.
Speaker 2: We were just talking about this with Matt Mayoko about the Rams travel plans which were released yesterday, reported on by ESPN's Dan Graziano that the Rams will fly into Australia the day before their opening game against the forty nine ers and then fly out right after. Now, of course both teams will be flying out right after, but a different approach versus what the forty nine ers are doing. I believe flying out eight to nine days early to get acclimated to the weather. Sure about the elevation down in Australia. I know teams have done this before when they have games down in Mexico City or when they play in high elevation, to try to get your body ready for that game. But two completely different strategies here being implemented by your San Francisco forty nine Ers and the La Rams of Sean McVay JD. I'll toss it to you which is the better strategy. Who do you think has a bigger or should I say bigger advantage week one down in Australia. Well, it's hard to argue with either one of these coaches. And I'm sure both teams are doing extreme research. And I know Maddy was talking about the twenty ten to forty nine ers and the way they went about doing it in comparison to the Broncos team that they played back then, And the Niners do all the research now and they they want to have a normal week, They want to get there, they want to adjust, they want to go through what would be a normal practice week there in the lead up to the game. The Rams, though, as we noted a little bit yesterday on the show, they went to London last year against Jacksonville and they did something more similar to what they're going to be doing for this game down in Australia, which is they basically arrived the morning of which would be the equivalent of the night before.
Speaker 3: So think night game.
Speaker 4: In London, right arrive the morning of that night game in London, but basically the equivalent of what would be like the night before if you were playing a normal maybe afternoon game, and they show and go, they get rested up, they go to the state, they go to the stay and they play the game, they fly out basically make an all one fell swoop, and they had success with that last year, which I think is leading them to extend this to Melbourne, which I think is even a different animal.
Speaker 3: And that's almost twice the.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so that's why it's hard to argue against the facts because to your point, the Rams have done a similar strategy.
Speaker 3: Now it's worked for them.
Speaker 2: It's worked, so if it ain't broke, don't fix it. But also a little bit of a different strategy because now the Rams would technically be landing in Australia the night before, sleeping in the hotel than playing the next day, So a little bit different of a sleep schedule versus maybe sleeping on the plane, which it sounds like they did when they played in London. Yeah, and look at that long of a ride.
Speaker 4: I think it's you know, that long of a ride in terms of the plane trip, guys are going to sleep, I think, regardless, a lot of that regardless. But yeah, it does sound as if and I've gotten confused on it when you try to go back and forth as to the day, what the timing will be there versus what the timing would be on a body clock in terms of say coming from California, which both these teams will be in the RAMS even the day before. But yeah, it sounds as if they're going to get there. I mean he said the day before, so basically Wednesday. So to think of the game as Thursday night here, even though it's Friday morning, and even though it's Friday morning there, that the Rams would be leaving Wednesday to do the fifteen hour flight basically get there with enough time to sleep and then get up and go to the game that the next day and basically make it all one, all one.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't know what that at, like forty.
Speaker 4: Something our trip, I mean, I mean think about fifteen on a plane and fifteen on a plane and then what would amount to roughly I don't have their exact itinerary here in front, but it would it would basically amount to I think they would be in Melbourne for less time than they would be on the plane either way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're going to spend more time flying than they will actually be on the field or just on the ground way in Australia one way. Then they're going to hop on a bird and do it again on the way back.
Speaker 4: They would be in Melbourne less than fifteen hours, which is the flight time both ways. So it's almost like think of it in terms of like you got fifteen hour flight, you got about fifteen hours there, and then you got a fifteen hour flight. Basically boom, we're getting it all in in forty eight hours.
Speaker 2: Yeah, essentially. How I heard the Dirty Work Boys yesterday riffing about Derek Pappa's tripped to Italy a few weeks ago. I mean, that guy was in and out of Italy lane less than three days. I mean maybe he took the strategy from Sean McVay showing up like Seal Team six. But I mean, jd I'm a man that gets confused with the time zones here in America. Now you're asking me to do math and time zones all over the world. As Jason Kidds said, there's a lot of confusion because it was confusion. But I'd have to think, even with my simple mind, my simple brain, that the forty nine ers would have the advantage here. Now it's hard to argue against the Rams because of their track record, but like this is a similar thing that happens in fight camps with MMA fighters and boxers trying to get out to an area early so your body can act on me. I guess the negatives would be, maybe you'll throw too many shrimps on the barbie, maybe you have too many fosters, maybe you have too good of a time done in Australia. Like I would assume with this being such a huge international game that the NFL would want both teams there early to do a media tour and all of that, but it sounds like the Rams are going to be able to.
Speaker 3: Skip out on all that. Yeah, I think they've given some.
Speaker 4: Leeway on that in terms of the fact that it's it's obviously a major inconvenience as much as it is at the same time kind of cool to have the teams playing and look and trust me, when you talk to forty nine er players and we did down at training camp last week, and I'm sure you guys as what like, they're not really looking forward to it, Like these are creatures of habit and routine and want to do everything for their bodies. So I think it was with all the research done, deemed pretty clearly that it's best to try and bite the bullet on the flight getting there, make sure you have an appropriate amount of time to rest and adjust, and then have the ability to at the point in which if it takes a day and a half to two days to rest and adjust, you then at that point have on what would be a normal week, right, get a get a get out there practice, get sort of the off day, get the three days of practice with the walkthrough, and just line everything up for what was is going to be that ten to thirty five am, which that and of itself, after you adjust the ten thirty five am is going to be a little weird on top of all of that. So yeah, I'm looking back at the Rams from last year because I wanted to see and they played. It was Jacksonville, So they played in Baltimore the week before, and a lot of times teams will well, you know, the league will put you in the East coast.
Speaker 3: If you're going to go.
Speaker 2: To London, stay on the East coast and from there, Yeah, they went Baltimore.
Speaker 4: They went Baltimore to or they went somewhere in the East coast. They might have stayed at in West Virginia. I don't know where they stayed, but anyway, it's basically a ten hour flight from the East Coast to London.
Speaker 3: You know eight I'm sorry seven eight.
Speaker 4: Hour flight from the East Coast to London. And so this is gonna be twice that. Yeah, double that. This is gonna be twice that in terms of the flight because they'd be coming obviously from southern California.
Speaker 3: Man, what a headache this entire situation is.
Speaker 2: To your point, We talked to plenty of players down at fort nin s training camp and it definitely seems like there is a bit of frustration, not only the fact that they do have to travel and set aside a week of their life to go down to Australia, but the fact that they're getting a second home game stolen away from them down at so far down at Levi South, Like Kyle Shanahan has been very vocal about how he's not happy that his buddy Sean McVay asked the league to pick the forty nine ers so that they did not have to play the Niners down and the.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, no, no doubt.
Speaker 4: And it seems as if I know the Niners and look they've I think they've put it behind him to the point where look, if they get asked about it in the media setting or whatever, they're gonna be honest about it. I do think there's been and intent on, Hey, it is what it is from the focus of this training camp.
Speaker 3: We don't have to like it, but we're gonna deal with it.
Speaker 4: We're gonna go like I think that I get the sense there's definitely been that type of mentality now, as much as you still might grumble about it when you have to think about it or get asked about it.
Speaker 3: I think they're trying to make sure that the focus is forward.
Speaker 4: But it is interesting because, yeah, all of the elements in play here, the juxtaposition between the RAMS approach and the forty nine ers approach, the component of the RAMS requesting the forty nine ers and being granted the request, the RAMS doing the Seal six component of flying in and flying out, which is interesting because to me, that is more deemed toward the recovery off of the game as much as much as it is the lead up to the game, right, like making sure you're making sure that you're not spending so much time there that you're messed up for the next game. But they got the extra day the RAMS next game is Monday night, so they got the extra day, and I know the Niners were upset. They wanted they wanted the Monday night I think for being the the second week, for the inconvenience of being, you know, the request granted by the Rams and wanting to take them over there. Now the Niners got the three straight home games. I think the Niners wanted two home games and a one road game to save a home game for later and anyway, it is.
Speaker 3: What it is at this point.
Speaker 4: But I think I think the Rams are almost Hey, we're gonna go sealed team six, and whatever happens happens, and maybe maybe it maybe it works, maybe it fails, but we're going to be more easily adjusted to the rest of the season. Think of the Niners in their time where they've gone and done the trips to the East Coast and they've stayed over, which they've done a couple of different times in the in the Shannon era. They've played very well in those instances where they've had the back to back games, but if you remember, they've struggled coming back home in the home game after to either a sleepy effort or a game that they've actually lost. So I think maybe the Niners could be better equipped for the game, but then maybe less equipped for the return for that.
Speaker 2: Week two matchup at home because there's the Miami Dolphins adjustments. Well, yeah, because then your body has to readjust going back to the States, like you adjusted. You spent nine days trying to get acclimated to Australia. Now you've got to come back home to Santa Clara and play a game the next Sunday.
Speaker 4: And to that point, I think that's where the league did and look at you never as a competitor think of it this way, I understand it, but I think that's where the League did do them a favor in a sense because they are playing Miami in Arizona those first two home games, and so those are games where maybe you don't have to quite be at your best at the level that you might be if you were playing say Philadelphia and Denver right.
Speaker 3: Out of the shoot. Yeah, in those games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and maybe that's a bit of us I'll scratch your back, you'll scratch my back, But still my back is itching thinking about and the fact that the forty nine ers essentially gave up an extra home game. But I feel like there's still going to be a home field advantage. Not sure about RAMS nation down in Australia, but we've seen the forty nine or faithful travel all over the country and internationally travel as well.
Speaker 3: I would still assume JD.
Speaker 2: Just my guess that if we do want to go to like what is it the pick picks website where they track who which fans are buying tickets, I would I would assume it's still gonna be a sea of red down in Australia.
Speaker 3: I would think, Yeah.
Speaker 4: I would think that there's a lot more Niner fans just globally obviously than than RAMS fans at this point.
Speaker 3: So I'm with you.
Speaker 4: I think it will it won't be so Fi and the takeover and Levi South, although maybe it's Levi's down Under.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when it's all said and I like that, I like that idea.
Speaker 2: And we'll see how the Sealed Teams six aka the Rams show up, maybe with reinforcement. After we got the news yesterday that Aaron Donald had a tryout with the La Rams, Sealed Team ninety nine might be showing up week one.
Speaker 3: I think it's all but done, JD.
Speaker 2: I know they're going through the process with the tryout and possibly the paperwork real quick. Last take Aaron Donald Week one lining up the Miles Garrett. Can we put it in ink right now?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna get the sharpie out of my bag here and I'm gonna write it in sharpie. Here comes Donald, Here comes Miles Garrett, Here come the Rams, Trent Williams and the entire offensive line. Pack your lunch. It should be one hell of a Week one matchup. Five weeks away from today tonight is the NFL Hall of Fame Game. Shout out to Roger Craig going to the Hall of Fame this weekend. Forty nine ers will be in action at Levi's next Thursday against Mike Hohler's ten is Titans, and that means football is back.
Speaker 3: But we'll be back after this break.
Speaker 2: Give you our final thoughts on the show today and everything happening here at camb are our final thoughts for myself, JD my Guy Walter behind the glass as we wrap up a Thursday morning on the Murphy Marcus Show on The Sports Leaders, K ANDBR The Sports Leader.
Speaker 1: Now back to murphin markets on The Sports Leader, streaming live on The Sports Leader dot com at KNBR The Sports Leader app.
Speaker 3: Oo.
Speaker 2: Busy day here at the Sports Leader. A lot going on on and off air around here. Of course, you guys all know what's going on with Greg Papa and Greg Silver. We addressed it at the beginning of the show and we'll put a bowl with our final thoughts as we wrap up the last twenty minutes here on the Sports Leader. On the morning show, it's Marcy's Bouchet and John Dickinson this morning filling in for Brian Murphy. And before we give our final thoughts on today's show, I should tell you that right now is an opportunity to win two tickets to see comedian Jeff Dunham. That's right, right now, we'll take one winner, caller number ten at four, one, five, eight, nine, six camb Are and you will win two tickets to see Jeff Dunham at the Mountain Winery on September nineteenth.
Speaker 3: Prize furnish by the Mountain Winery.
Speaker 2: Find official rules at thesports Leader dot com. Make sure you make make sure you say something nice to John Joe Curley. He's been working hard behind the scenes, a lot of moving pieces. The last couple of days Larry Krueger is gonna hop on at ten a m. This morning and take you from ten to two as we wrap up the final twenty minutes of the show today, JD your thoughts on Buster Posey Earlier this morning. We talked about a lot, including the Wall of Fame ceremony this morning, including himself, but also dove pretty deep into the trade deadline and the future of the Giants. What was your biggest takeaway today with our conversation with Buser posing.
Speaker 4: Well, it was just how forthcoming he was. I think, not only about what the future holds, or they hope that the future holds in the Giant's front office, with a lot of those prospects that they've been able to acquire at the deadline and draft and that are already running through the system that we talk about Bryce Eldridge at the major league level headlining all of it at this stage, but it was the acknowledgment of just why they made certain trades, who they're excited about moving forward.
Speaker 3: But I also think more importantly.
Speaker 4: He's been pretty bluntly accountable for this season being a failure and not being what it was intended to be in terms of better than let's say the last four years, because I think coming into the year they wholeheartedly believed that that that was going to be the case. So I think that's the one thing we can debate. Good move, bad move, manager you hired. All these different things are debatable within the context of things that are always debatable.
Speaker 3: What is the future hold? Should they be more all in on a rebuild?
Speaker 4: Like we can debate all of it, But the one thing that you can't really debate with Buster Posey from the baseball standpoint is the accountability for things that haven't worked and the willingness to be very direct in looking to pivot off of things that aren't working.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that was probably my biggest takeaway too, was it almost felt like there's been a reassessment from Buster Posey and the entire organization about where they truly are because he talked about what he expected when he took over this job nearly two years ago today or not today, but you get what I'm saying, yep, talking about the thought process of them being closer to competing than what they might actually are, and he acknowledged that that the record has not lived up to the standard that he thought he was setting when he first took this job, which has led to two consecutive trade deadlines selling pieces from the major league roster. Not only selling pieces, selling former teammates like last year he traded away guys like Yeahz and Camillo Devall and Tyler Rodgers, like guys that he caught and guys that he played with. Now he's making these difficult decisions, moving on from fam favorites this year, like Elliott Ramos, who was your first homegrown All Star since the days of Chili Davis, moving on from Luisa Rice, who was an All Star this year but was on an expiring contract just like Robbie Ray. But it feels like he's kind of changed his tune or changed his direction or circling back to what I said, just maybe a reassessment that maybe they're not as close as they thought they were, which meant they had to sell some pieces and try to maybe bring back some other pieces that can be used towards the future instead of going all in to win right now. With some of these veteran signings that we saw these pasts of all seasons, it.
Speaker 4: Does beg the question should they have maybe gone farther in terms of what they look to do, because I do get the sense that there is a little bit of trying to have your cake and eating it too. But I understand that even from a marketing standpoint, you can also say, hey, you think that you've done enough in terms of building for the future to this point where you may maybe they've maybe they think they don't need to do more, Like maybe they think they've they've got it stockpiled enough to where the benefit of maybe a Logan web or a Jung Hulee continuing to be around is beneficial. We've all debated the reasons why and not. We don't necessarily have to do that again right now. But I just I think once you come to grips with the non baseball components of accepting where you truly are, I think it makes it easier to come to grips with the baseball components of maybe what needs to be done at that point. And so it all leads to being fascinated by where they go from here, and I think that's the pivot point. We all know where this season is. We'll see where it ends up. There's a lot of unknown about next year and what it will be across Major League baseball. But how will that impact whether the Giants look to try to add on the margins to get better and contend for a wild card versus trying to maybe lean in more to the younger players and having next year have a little bit more of a developmental type.
Speaker 3: Feel well, and I think I don't.
Speaker 4: I'm paraphrasing, but he buster said, and maybe we have the cut, you know, giving the fans a team they can be excited about or like that is stopping short of we think we can be the third wildcard and maybe it's too early for that. But I feel even in him acknowledging that is acknowledging without saying the R word, acknowledging, Hey, next year needs to be a better for It can't be this again in terms of wins and losses, but maybe it's somewhere in between. What this has become an actual, actual contending team for even a wild card sp.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that's why I think. Circling back to his comments from right after the trade deadline when he was asked about not trading Logan Web and whether or not he thinks this is a team that can compete in the next couple of years, and his answer is obviously yes, he's not gonna say no. But if he truly believes that Logan Web and Rafael Devers and some of these players are still in their prime right now, then moving forward, if they do play above expectations next year or in twenty twenty eight, then we're talking about a completely different situation where there's more ammunition in the farm system, even for prospects that can potentially make an impact on.
Speaker 3: The big league roster. But then we're talking about.
Speaker 2: The fact that you can maybe use some of these prospects as trade pieces so that you can go out in trade for maybe one of the big superstars on the market, like if Scooble's available, or are Pall Skiings. Again, these are all pipe dreams that I'm throwing out. But the problem was these last couple of years with a weak farm system, it also made it harder and handicapped you to a certain extent to go out and make a big trade package because you didn't have the correct pieces to move.
Speaker 3: If that's also a route.
Speaker 2: You want to go down to if they do over exceed expectations and get back to looking like a winning ball club. You said the word expectations that it feels like the expectations have shifted, maybe not only for this year, because this year is what this year is. You can't really change you can't really change them to what you originally thought they were going to be now.
Speaker 3: But I feel it felt a little to me like the.
Speaker 4: Expectations for next year are starting to be tamped down. And again, it doesn't mean you can't be competitive, but it means that it's going to be maybe more of a surprise or if things fall into place, as opposed to something that's going to be chased, Like they're not gonna chase a third wild card. It feels like they if they're good enough with what they have, they'd be willing to maybe add to it, certainly depending upon what type of season we have, sixty games and eighty games, one hundred games, all of that. But it just feels like it's almost the guys that they have within the organization are gonna have to prove that it's worth really chasing it as opposed to maybe chasing it in the offseason. Yeah, they have to prove that they can compete during the regular season, and I think that's what the remainder about.
Speaker 2: This season is all about. Which guys are gonna help you be competitive next year? Which guys are going to continue to compete this season Despite what the record says. There's opportunity we're seeing in this past series down in Texas with guys like Blade Tidwell and Carson Wi wasn't in the rotation. Basabe has taken advantage of playing time right now. Grant McCray and Drew Gilbert part of that ninth thenn't come back the other night before the Jung Huli air. But my point is the these guys right now need to show something not only to the front office, but to their manager, their skipper, Tony Vitello. He's a guy that needs to continue to compete day in and day out for his future if he does want to be the skipper that can get this Giants back team to just being relevant and back in the playoff conversation.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and so a lot of that.
Speaker 4: You know, I think it's not going to be tangible success, as we've said.
Speaker 3: That Tony will be judged on.
Speaker 4: It's going to be more more the optics and how things look and how things.
Speaker 3: Feel and do things get weird.
Speaker 4: As it relates to some of the articles that have a tendency to come out when teams are not playing good baseball at the end of the year, right where everything has a news cycle in a season, it's it's what do you think you can be?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you're so disappointing.
Speaker 4: Bryce Eldrig is up, Oh my god, you're still disappointing. You know, willing to trade everybody on June fifteenth, still disappointing, Going to have to sell trade deadline draft obviously took a lot of the the headlines, and that was something that could be more positively discussed because it's a lot easier to sell the hope of what could be before you actually see it at the big league level and you start to learn what it actually is. That being said, obviously, the reality is the Giants have a lot of young players that project to be very good, and now it sort of shifts to the dog days and how is the clubhouse sort of dealing with what this season has become based on the expectation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no question, a lot of moving pieces within the Giants organization, just like there's a lot of moving pieces here within our own organization at cambr JD and myself will go of our final thoughts on the last couple of days here at Cambre talking about Greg Silver and Greg Papa. Next on the Sports Leader.
Speaker 1: Listen to V Sports Leader Anytime anywhere Downloade, knbr V Sports Leader app Murph and Marcus continued live from the Casino Matrix Progressive Jackpots Studios. Casino Matrix Progressive Jackpots are here. Where are you? Just drop in one eight hundred gambler?
Speaker 2: All right, last couple things here on the Murph and Marcus Show this morning, with John Dickinson filling in before we hand over the keys to the car to Larry Krueger.
Speaker 3: Come up. At ten am.
Speaker 2: It is time for today's Stanford Healthcare Health Report, sponsored by Stanford Healthcare, and let's go down to Levi Stadium where yesterday at forty nine ers practice, eighteen total players sat out practice. That's twenty percent of their current ninety man roster. Now, a few of those names like Nick Bosa, Oza, Digezua, and Dre Greenlaw all set out because of general soreness veteran days off. So we'll continue to keep you updated on all things forty nine ers down at training camp, because that was your Stanford Healthcare Health Report sponsored by Stanford Healthcare and a lot of things to report on these days. We talked about it earlier this morning from six am to six in case anybody missed it, addressing the story yesterday surrounding Greg Silver and Greg Papa. And I know, even after Copes and Derek did a great job breaking down the story yesterday from two to six on Dirty Work, there are still a lot of questions from our audience, from our kamb Our family, and I'll say this, I have a lot of questions as well, But one thing I will never question is our friendship and our relationship with both of those guys, Greg Papa and Greg Silver, two of the best coworkers, two of the best friends, two of the best people you can ask to surround yourself in lives, Myself, JD, Curly Walter, especially Behind the Glass have all had the opportunity to work with these two studs, absolute studs. Greg Silver is a future star, Greg Papa, his resume speaks for himself, a local legend that has dominated the airwaves and is a big reason why I am currently on the microphone right now. So we want to send our love to Greg Silver and Greg Papa and just let him know, we're thinking about you boys, JD.
Speaker 4: Yeah, as we talked about difficult day unfortunately in a long list of difficult days at times in this business. And it's just two guys that I absolutely love and adore. And I've known Papa for a couple of decades now at this point. And you know, Greg Silver was the first guy I was teamed with in coming in here at cambr and loved working with him, not only on the Dubzot shows which he helped launch, which has been tremendously successful here for the station, but then I've also had a great opportunity to be able to work with him a lot as he made his transition toward the midday spot and working with Greg Papa, So yeah, I love both of those guys, appreciate both of them. Papa's been a mentor and it is sort of the circle of life in this industry. Papa was very much a mentor and somebody I would try to emulate in different ways in terms of show hosting.
Speaker 3: And then you.
Speaker 4: Pass it along, right, I'm kind of in I'm in that in between you know, Papa and Silver in terms of an and you pass it along to the to the younger generation and having an opportunity to work with somebody like Silver. So uh, you know, both of those guys immensely talented, and you know, Silver in particular, just wise beyond his years. Greg's actually got the real life experience and Silver and both of them the hardest workers you've ever seen in their own right. The preparation that Papa would go through on a day and day out basis, and the job that you would see Greg Silver do, getting thrust into a bunch of different roles and just accepting it and accepting it with a level of positivity that it just boils me away. The positivity is somebody that at times can skew a little negative for somebody so young to have that level of positivity despite constant change of just everything that goes on. So love them both and like I said, just a pleasure to.
Speaker 2: Work with both of them, but more importantly call them friend well said JD. And nobody got to see the behind the scenes work more than Walter Kabbo said to who, of course was the former producer for the Silver and Papa Show. Walter, I'll let you wrap it open your thoughts, man, Yeah, one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: You know, love working with those guys.
Speaker 5: Papa, me and him, go back to uh started working with him first time twenty twenty one. Man, So it's a it's been a while with Pop and then with Silver, going back to twenty twenty four working on that show with them, just seeing the dedication, the hard work put out from both of them. But UH, you know it, I'm proud to have said that I work with them and proud to call them family, proud to call them, call them my friend, and uh and I love those.
Speaker 2: Guys, those guys one hundred percent, nicely, said Walter. I could not have said it better myself. And I just want to say this to our can be our audience. We see your text messages on the Golden State Lumber and Showroom text line. I know people are upset. These are our friends, These are all members of our family, and you're a member of our family as well. I know that we are part of your daily routines and things are going to be a little bit different around here. But thank you guys for listening, thank you guys for tuning in, and thank you guys for all the support not only for us, but for Greg Papa and for Greg Silver I'll say this, Greg Silver, your future is bright, kid. You're going to be a star. This is only a speed bump into Greg Papa, my man.
Speaker 3: I love you.
Speaker 2: Keep fighting the fight blank cancer, keep getting after it. You're more of an inspiration now than you ever were on the microphone, and that says a lot. Papa, you're one of the kind, You're one of the best to ever do it. And we'll leave it at that. Love you, Greg, Papa, Love you Greg Silver, Love you mofos, Love you boys. And we'll hand the keys over to Larry Krueger because you are listening to cambr Am and canbyr FM, San Francisco, the sports leader, a Cumulus Media station.
Speaker 3: That's the end of the game.