Speaker 1: It's the John Phillip Show, Mister Randy weggs across the glass. John. It is election day, which means all the candidates are trying to do everything they can to get that last bit of attention to maybe get somebody to decide to put their name on the ballot and put it in the box. Tom Steyer has spent two hundred and thirty million dollars running for governor, and I'm about to make a bold statement. The video he just put out is going to get more attention than all of those ads combined, because Tom Steyer had a big announcement this morning.
Speaker 2: I'm Tom Steyer. I never about to ride the team.
Speaker 3: WHOA it is Pride Month.
Speaker 1: Wasn't he and West Hollywood last night at a Pride event?
Speaker 3: I guess he learned a thing or two.
Speaker 2: I'm Tom Steyer. I never about to ride the team.
Speaker 1: Now, of course he's talking about the new D line on La Metro, but he knew what he was doing. Did Katie Porter put one of those ads out? Katie Porter, as far as I know, has not put out any ads about her riding the.
Speaker 2: D You can smell it right here.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: Rosie O'Donnell. Hasn't I feel bad for Katie? All the channels are putting out all their profiles on like the top candidates.
Speaker 3: Nobody's talking to Katie today.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, she is an afterthought at this point, our poor girl. She's about to go into the annals of history. Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa whoa, I said, annals like Shang Tau before her. It's going to be like a year from now and we're gonna wonder what was this even about?
Speaker 2: Why do you have to watch porn in the living room?
Speaker 1: Where does Las Vegas have her right now? Because, like chick Hern used to say, the late Great Chick Hern, I don't know how they do it. They always call it correctly. Well, let's look up on Calsh because that's the big one.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 1: The odds of advancing to the general election. Javier Barkeria at ninety three percent, Steve Hilton at seventy five percent, Tom Steyer at thirty six percent, Chad Bianco at one point eight percent, Katie Porter at point three percent. How about Tony Thurman? Is he a negative number? Tony Thurman is at less than one percent. Somebody, by the way, somebody still has money on Kamala winning this thing, and if you want to take up those odds, you can make a big payday. So they're saying that Besara is essentially in. He's north of ninety percent if we take all the polling that we've seen over the last month. Seriously, Besarah somehow got like all of the Swalwell support and then.
Speaker 2: Some scrub it.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you, I don't know how or why that party didn't do a little introspection after Swalwell blew up, maybe questioning the way they evaluate candidates because they don't want to get stuck with a turkey. But no, they just jumped right from Swalwell to Besara and they said we're all in. By the way, this is a profile piece.
Speaker 3: This is not a gotcha piece, right.
Speaker 1: And Vegas has Steve Hilton as a heavy favorite to make the November ballot. Steve Hilton is a seventy five percent favorite. I mean, but every single this is just the gambling odds. The poles are all within the margin of error, so anything could happen. It could be Bessarah and Styre. It could be Hilton in Styre, could be Hilton in Bessarah Bianco's not getting in.
Speaker 3: There at one percent on the betting odds.
Speaker 1: Now, could we see a late surge in a specific demographic that decides to turn out today because of Tom Steyer.
Speaker 2: I'm Tom Steyer, I never about to ride the team.
Speaker 3: Remains to be seen. Okay.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that's going to motivate anyone to do anything other than turn their television off, although that would be taken one for the team if his consultants said that's what'll put him over the finish line.
Speaker 3: Or only one more.
Speaker 1: Do you think Tom Steyer wears his sneaks when he rides the d he might I'm.
Speaker 2: Tom Steyer, I never about to ride the team.
Speaker 1: Holy hell, with all the money that he's paying those consultants, they let him say there. But at this point, those consultants have put their grandkids through college. He could do whatever he wants. How much do you think they hate him? Because they love the fact that they're making money off of this guy, and they're making a lot of it, and consultants have to work to eat. However, billionaires don't like to be told that they're wrong, So I'm sure every time you have a conversation with this guy, it's got to feel like a gauntlet of hell. Yes, but you're getting paid for it. And I'm sure because you got to remember who sty Or hired. He hired a lot of the Mom Donnie people, and so they might feel that this is an a Robin Hood esque act of all right, we're gonna fleece this guy for everything he has. Well, they did a pretty good job at that a big ass crisis. They got a bunch of money, and all he got was to ride the d and tour the Tijuana River.
Speaker 2: And you can literally see it, smell it, and feel it.
Speaker 1: Don't play those clips back to back. All right, So today is election day. If you want to vote, you have until eight o'clock. If you want to vote by mail, get it postmarked today. And apparently, Randy, a lot of people are waiting until the very last minute. There were a lot of people that were like, this ballot is ten pages long, and one page of it is sixty one governor candidates. Who the hell am I supposed to vote for? For the latest on the election, here is kpix.
Speaker 5: You began with some last minute twists ahead of tomorrow's California primary so far, just sixteen percent of Californians have turned in their ballots and a final poll.
Speaker 1: And that was the numbers as of last night. As of today, nineteen percent. Here's what I don't understand. I get it that most people aren't as a as I am about administrative tasks. However, I don't let anything sit in my house for more than a day. If I get a bill, I pay it that day before I go to bed, because I don't want to lose it and then have to pay a late fee. If I get a ballot in the mail, I fill it out immediately and send it in because I don't want to lose the ballot. Recently, I got a letter from Scotty Nell Hughes, our friend who does the show every so often. Her daughter graduated from high school, so you're supposed to send him a card with some money in it. I put it off to the side. Then my cleaning lady came and I couldn't find it, so I almost had an excuse to be cheap.
Speaker 5: And the hotly contested governor's race is showing a tight battle for the second spot. So the Emerson College poll released Saturday shows Democrat and former California Attorney General Javier Bessera in the lead with twenty eight percent. Democrat Taughtier has just narrowly moved ahead of Republican Steve Hilton by just one percent.
Speaker 1: That's in that poll, but there have been a lot of polls that are showing all three of them in different positions, So who knows what will happen to that. If you go by the betting markets, it's Besarah Hilton, but anything could happen.
Speaker 3: What position was Styre in when he was writing the D.
Speaker 2: I'm Tom Steyer, I'm about to ride the D.
Speaker 5: And now those top two Democrats are turning up their attacks on each other, with one even crying foul play. Are Max Darrow joining us live now from San Jose with more on this drama between the front runners as those last minute ballots are coming in. Hey they're Max.
Speaker 4: Hey, Juliette. It was a busy day here at the Santa Clara County Registrar of Voter's office as people dropped off their ballots or came here to vote. But there are a lot of people that still have not made up their minds as to who they will be backing here in the primary election.
Speaker 3: There's going to be people today that are going to flip a coin.
Speaker 1: I know a lot of people, particularly Democrats, who have no clue what they're going to do. Still, if you decide between Bessara and Hilton, excuse me, you decide between Bessara and Styr by flipping a coin whose heads and whose tails?
Speaker 2: I'm Tom Steyer. I'm about to ride the team.
Speaker 1: I guess we have our answer, and that.
Speaker 4: Likely will be a determining factor and how tomorrow shakes out among all of the people casting their ballots. This trip to the Santa Clara County registrar a voter's office the day before the primary was actually late for so to Rea restart.
Speaker 6: This is the latest I've ever ever voted because there was a lot on the I had six five six pages.
Speaker 1: Enough to everyone assumed that someone else was going to get voted off the island. They wanted to make sure that they didn't waste their vote. Well, just wait until November when we have all the propositions. It's going to look like a menu at the cheesecake factory. You know who I blame for this. Michael Trujillo via Gosu's buddy who said that there was dirt on everybody coming out in May, and you know what, he was pretty much correct, certainly was Swallwell, boy, did we learn a lot? Yes we did. But there was all this talk about another Katie Porter video coming out. Ye out of my shop didn't happen. Well, did you need to put the video out? She imploded, from the old one, Poor Katie, I'm pulling in to the bakery. You know what you deserve it you get yourself a buttery croissant. It's going to be a tough day.
Speaker 4: Enough to include these sixty one candidates for governor.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to see when the election is certified how many people in the state of California voted for the guy running for governor that changed his aim to Barack Obama for one election where he's going to get less than one percent.
Speaker 4: We've had to really do some.
Speaker 1: Many votes of Swallow getting probably more than Barack Obama.
Speaker 2: We've had to really do some research to get to the right person.
Speaker 4: Only two will advance to the general election in November.
Speaker 1: And I don't know what it looked like in Santa Clara County, but in La County you had a whole page that was governor candidates, and you had three whole pages of judges.
Speaker 3: I didn't have any of why.
Speaker 1: Actually I had one judicial race in Riverside County, but that was it.
Speaker 3: There's a lot in La County.
Speaker 4: Numerous polls show Democrat Javier Besserra is the front runner, Republican Steve Hilton and Democrat Tom Steyer our neck and neck behind him, likely duking it out for the number two spot. And the attacks are heating up in the home stretch, not between the Dems and Republicans, but between Steier and the Sarah political experts Carolina.
Speaker 1: If it actually is, and it's not likely, it's very likely that it's either styr and Besarah versus Hilton going into the general. But if it was a D on D race, that race is going to get ugly and even more expensive well, and Styre is going to spend whatever it takes to beat him, and Bessarah is backed by the Democratic establishment, so they would have to pony up the money. I don't think the Democratic Party wants a Stier versus Bessera race.
Speaker 3: No, they don't.
Speaker 1: They want to do exactly what happened when Adam Schiff elevated Steve Garvey.
Speaker 2: I call it the shift.
Speaker 1: Gift Shift got number one, Garvey got number two. Katie was out of the money and the campaign was over in June. And Garvey didn't even really campaign in the fall. Didn't they send him to Israel for a couple of weeks. He was pretty checked out unless there was an event at Dodger Stadium political experts.
Speaker 4: Caroline held me.
Speaker 7: So Stier is.
Speaker 6: Going after Bessera because he knows he needs to get Democratic and independent votes in order to make it into the number two slodes tomorrow. So less so about going against Steve.
Speaker 4: Hilton Steyer, who's used his personal fortune to launch a wave of negative ads against Besserah is now facing legal threats over this ad released over the weekend.
Speaker 8: If Bessara is indicted, that would give our governor's office to Donald Trump's favorite candidate.
Speaker 1: Any Actually, I don't even think that's true. I don't think Democratic voters care if he gets indicted for money laundering and tax evasion.
Speaker 3: That's nothing.
Speaker 1: I think they would have voted for Swallwell had that story broke after the primary and he won the primary.
Speaker 3: I sure would like to think that's not true.
Speaker 1: I guarantee you he either would have found religion and said that he's a changed man, or he would have called all of the accusers lying whores in it.
Speaker 4: The Stier campaign suggests Bessarah could face an indictment in relation to a corruption case involving his former chiefs staff and campaign manager.
Speaker 1: Bessara's campaign sent, I mean a possible indictment is the reason that Bonta didn't run.
Speaker 3: That is true.
Speaker 4: Besara's campaign sent a cease and assist letter to Stier's campaign and threatened a lawsuit if they don't pull the ad.
Speaker 6: Let's be clear, it's a false allegation. There is no evidence that be Sarah's about to be charged. In fact, there's a better evidence that Sarah was a victim in all of this.
Speaker 1: It's not a good look that the answer is, well, no, he wasn't in on it.
Speaker 3: He's just that dumb.
Speaker 1: If he is that dumb, where he had no clue that they were stealing the same amount of money each and every month out of an account that belonged to him, What do you think he's going to do with edd What do you think he's going to do with State funds. What do you think he's going to do with the bullet train? Oh, I know exactly what he's going to do, scrub it. What do you think Tom Steyer would do?
Speaker 2: I'm Tom Steyer. I'm about to ride the team.
Speaker 6: And I are putting this ad out and then Sarah having to respond to it and then all of us talking about it means that we are still thinking about this scandal in relation to Bessarah. So this it's a smart campaign move on the part of stire At, this last ditch effort to try to shift the needle right before election day.
Speaker 4: Steyer campaigned in Los Angeles. Today, his team is suggesting a late surge of voters will pay off in his favor. Bessarah thanked his supporters at a campaign event in Sacramento.
Speaker 3: We want to kick it up a year so we can get those votes out in voting.
Speaker 1: Okay, I am not ready for Bessarah. You have somebody who is simultaneously incredibly low energy and dumb. It's a bad combo. At least Gavin was somewhat entertaining to cover Besarah's going to be tough.
Speaker 4: Reester made up her mind about who she's behind just in time. She hopes others will do the same.
Speaker 2: Do vote. It's very important. Every vote counts.
Speaker 1: And since only twenty percent of people voted, your vote counts way more. She's so dramatic, like a soap opera actress from the eighties.
Speaker 4: So, assuming the polls ring true and it is Besarah who comes out on top in this primary.
Speaker 3: Election, that's not what I heard.
Speaker 4: Political expert Caroline Heldman says, depending on whether it's a Republican or a Democrat he will face off with in the general election, that race will look very different if it is Besarah versus Steve Hilton, the Republican. She thinks, because California skews heavily blue, it would be a pretty straightforward path for Besarah to get to Sacramento.
Speaker 3: If so, there you go.
Speaker 1: That is the latest on the state of the governor's race as where pretty much it's become a with sixty one candidates, but everyone's pretty much decided as a three way race between Bessarah, between Steve Hilton and this.
Speaker 2: Guy, I'm Tom Steyer to write the team.
Speaker 1: If he loses the election. What do you think Tom Steyer is going to do to blow off some steam I think we know. Eight hundred two two two five two two two is telephone number one eight hundred two two two five two two two. If you'd like to email the show, you can do so at Johnny don't Like show at gmail dot com. That's Johnny don't Like Show at gmail dot com.
Speaker 3: And Randy.
Speaker 1: If you missed yesterday's interview with Spencer Pratt and you want to send it to people who haven't voted yet the city of Los Angeles, it's easy to do. All you gotta do is search for the John Phillips Show. Wherever you get your podcasts, and that could be the Apple podcast app, that could be iHeartRadio, that could be Spotify. Search for the John Phillips Show, hit subscribe you get download all the episodes. You could do what George Gascone does to himself because he's got nothing else to do. Google on YouTube. That's right, We're on Cumulus News Talk. All of our podcasts get automatically posted there. You can subscribe right there YouTube dot com, slash at Cumulus neews Talk and usually our shows are the most popular ones. So let's keep it that way and find the link to the Spencer Pratt interview. Spencer Pratt makes his closing case for mayor and share that it's easy to send a link from YouTube. It's easy to send a link from Apple podcast. It's easy to just send a link to the website or just text your friends, Hey, have you heard Spencer Pratt's latest interview? Give it a listen and coming up later tonight, We're doing double duty, so we're here right now. We're thirty six minutes into our noon to three show. Thanks for coming along with us. I'll be back at five o'clock for the news Blitz with Randy Wang on KABC. If you're in the Bay you and want to listen, you can stream it at KABC dot com. Then at seven o'clock we go live and statewide on KABC, KSFO in the Bay and the Big KMJ in Fresno. We'll be here covering all the election results in the California June primary. We'll be joined by our friends Frank Motech, the money guy at KABC. He'll be covering the governor's race. We're gonna have Phil Teresi from KMJ join us. He'll be covering some of the close races that we're looking at when it comes to Congress, and it will be covering the LA Mayor's race, all of the ballot initiatives, everything else that matters in this election. We'll have those results for you when the polls close at eight o'clock. So listen to us tonight Live from seven to nine pm. In the meantime, what do you say we make a couple of listeners very happy.
Speaker 3: Well, let's do that right now.
Speaker 1: Seven ninety KABC welcomes the Head and the Heart at the Pacific Amphitheater at the OC Fair on August fourteenth. Tickets are on sale now at pacamp dot com. But right now Collegue number nine at one eight eight eight seven ninety five two to two two gets a pair of tickets to the show. All concert tickets included mission to the o C Fair. Tickets furnished by the Pacific Amphitheater. Good luck dialing. So during the break I opened up my phone and looked at X to see what Tom Steyr was up to. He was posting pictures at Jim Bar in West Hollywood with the drag Queen. I wonder what he was doing there.
Speaker 2: I'm Tom Steyr. I'm about to ride the.
Speaker 1: Team because you know that after you get from West Hollywood, in order to get back to the other side, you've got to take that train. Yes, you do, right there at Los Sianaga and Wiltshire. Is that so go all the way to Koreatown? Now what do you think he was doing in career tone?
Speaker 2: I'm Tom Steyer. I'm about to ride the team.
Speaker 1: Because you know you have to ride it if you want to get all the way to Union Station. Yeah, you get to ride it all the way there. Uh huh.
Speaker 3: I see all right.
Speaker 1: So today is the day that voters in LA will determine who is going to move on to the November ballot and ultimately will be the next mayor of Los Angeles. That is another three person race that could go any way possible. You have the incumbent mayor, mother ghost, Karen Bass.
Speaker 9: If you're feeling down, if you're feeling blue, let's get help for you.
Speaker 1: You have Spencer Pratt, who was on this show just a couple of days ago, yesterday actually, and you have LA City Councilwoman Nthea It's not so I and NBC four did profiles on each of the candidates. Let's first hear Karen Bass's pitched for another four years of this garbage.
Speaker 9: Oh you're so optimistic.
Speaker 3: Here's NBCLA.
Speaker 8: Karen Bass is running for re election, but the question on voters' minds should she get a second term. Her biggest competition tonight Nithiew Rahman, a former ally who served on the La City Council for the last six years, and then Spencer Pratt, a former reality TV star who blames Mayor Bass and for his home burning down in the Palisades fire. NBC fours Alex Rosier has been following the mayor's campaign. Today he joined us Live in Baldwin Hills with her message to voters, Alex.
Speaker 10: Jonathan and Colley, and the mayor certainly seems optimistic. She started her day to day campaigning in San Pedro, and we are expecting her here at the election headquarter.
Speaker 1: Okay, outside of it being an election, when's the last time Mayor Bass visited San Pedro.
Speaker 3: It's been a while.
Speaker 10: Pedro, and we are expecting her here at the election headquarters in Baldwin Hills a little later on tonight, so she helps with phone bank efforts. She's really trying to convince the voters that she deserves a second term as mayor.
Speaker 1: And it is interesting that an incumbent has to work this hard to convince voters to keep what we're doing going. Okay, let's go back to the conversation yesterday that we had with Spencer Pratt, and we were talking about Mayor Bass being in Ghana when the palisades burned, and I asked the question, do you think she was drunk? And he said it didn't matter because she's just as awful sober. How drunk do you think she was at that party in Ghana for a international affair and inauguration party. You're there as a representative. The whole point is to get loaded. They had to have an open bar. Oh yeah, and since it was a presidential inauguration, it had to be top shelf.
Speaker 3: I bet you she was blown a point too.
Speaker 10: Hey again, with one day till election day, Los Angeles Mayor Karen Bass stopped by a packed Pans restaurant in Westchester not Pans.
Speaker 1: Wait, is that in Westchester? I always thought that was Inglewood. It's like right on the border. I just know where it is. They have great breakfast. How about those chicken wings?
Speaker 10: Speaking with voters, confident that she'll be in the top two tomorrow and advance to November's general election.
Speaker 9: I would never just be presumptuous. Now I don't know that any candidate is. But on the other hand, I think I will be fine.
Speaker 10: Bass spend time today speaking.
Speaker 3: She didn't sound that confident. Why should she?
Speaker 10: Bass spend time today speaking of what she says are her successes, like fast tracking forty two thousand units of housing.
Speaker 1: She says they haven't been built. I wonder if you gave her a little true serum, maybe what she was drinking over in Ghana, and you go, hey, Karen, let's be honest, what is your real accomplishment?
Speaker 3: What did you really do these four years?
Speaker 1: It would be thirty seconds of silence, and then she'd go, well, I kill seven bums a day. How many nights do you think? She goes to bed cursing herself that she ditched her cushy job in Congress for this. Oh, she should have stayed there forever. She would have been celebrated. All you have to do is show up and vote the party line. You get to go on these international junkets all the time, stay in the finest hotels, eat the best food, drink the best wine. Why would you give that up for.
Speaker 10: This, like fast tracking forty two thousand units of housing, she says, the number of homone.
Speaker 1: That is how she doesn't say built forty two thousand units of housing. Nope, which, by the way, LA County lost fifty thousand people in population last year. Isn't that fun? Yeah, don't you think we'd be knee deep in open units? We do have a lot of vacance and burned down every day.
Speaker 10: She says, the number of homicides in the city are at a sixty year low.
Speaker 3: Okay, now do other crimes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and homicides were at a sixty year low only because OJ died.
Speaker 10: And she says the number of homeless in Los Angeles continues to go down.
Speaker 1: No, not buying it. I drive these streets every single day. Doesn't look any better than it did four years ago. How dumb do you have to be to believe that.
Speaker 9: The bottom line is is that homelessness has gone down two years in a row.
Speaker 2: It had not happened.
Speaker 1: Before, though, she spoke, Wait, you've been in office for four years, good point, and the first two years we were under an eviction moratorium. So explain the spike in homelessness.
Speaker 10: Then, though she spoke of her record, she also talked about her top opponents, like former reality TV star Spencer Pratt, who's home burned in the palace.
Speaker 9: It's not just that he has no experience in city government. I don't know that he's ever held a job in his life rather than to be a reality TV star.
Speaker 3: Ooh, that's pretty cold.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't know if i'd want to be running for office in oh, I don't know Los Angeles saying show business jobs aren't real employment. You may think that you're just attacking Spencer Pratt, but that is a direct shot at everybody below the line that works in the reality TV industry or that would like to work in the reality TV industry in LA. But really they're in Atlanta. Yeah, maybe she figures she can go ahead and say that because none of them live here anymore. Oh, they still live here, but they have to fly out for those jobs.
Speaker 9: And I think that he doesn't know the issues. He's operating out of anger.
Speaker 1: He seemed to know the issues better than you on the debate stage. And why is he angry? Oh yeah, you burned his house down. It would be so simple for her to just say I feel awful for what happened to Spencer Pratt and she won't do it.
Speaker 3: Nope.
Speaker 10: Bass also took aim at another challenger, council member, Nthia Rahman. Ramen's been critical of the mayor's handling of homelessness in the city.
Speaker 1: She's the head of the Homelessness Committee on the La City Council. I hope to god we do not end up with a Nythia Rahman Karen Bass runoff, because then we're going to have to get behind Karen Bass, because this woman is actually worse than her.
Speaker 10: Ramen says, in her district, the number of homeless dropped by more than fifty percent, and today the mayor took credit for it.
Speaker 9: She's reduced homelessness in her district. She claims credit for it. That's the work of Inside Safe.
Speaker 1: There's actually a deeper story to that. So I listen to a lot of random ass podcasts about any of one of our little characters that we feature on this show. And Amelda Padilla did a long form podcast with some guys from something called cult Media.
Speaker 2: The neighborhood Kids, the down ass kids don't like it.
Speaker 1: And Amelda talked for a very long time about how she's right on the border of Nithia's district. But because Nythia has Encino and Nythia doesn't respond to anyone that complains in Encino, all the Encino people call Amelda and they say, you got to do something about this homeless encampment. So Amelda calls Nythian and says, clean up this damn encampment or I'm gonna do it and you're gonna look bad. And that's when Nitthia called Karen bass to do an inside Safe. I'll tell you Amelda definitely has some shortcomings, but she's not the worst one on that council by far.
Speaker 9: Broken Windy theory. She's reduced homelessness in her district. She claims credit for it. That's the work of inside Safe. That's what we did out of the Mayor's office to help.
Speaker 1: Her, just like inside which to her numbers, was about fifteen hundred people for four hundred million dollars complete disaster, just like we help all.
Speaker 9: The members of the city council.
Speaker 3: No Bassi is proud of progress. Actually that's not true either.
Speaker 1: She has not done one of these projects in Council District seven because she doesn't like Monica Rodriguez and Monica Rodriguez doesn't like her. Who did she endorse this election? Nobody?
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 10: Bassi is proud of progress on several key issues. She says there is still work to do and she hopes voters give her the chance to continue this work as mayor in a second tour.
Speaker 9: And what our city needs is to move forward to make a city that is affordable, a city that is safe.
Speaker 1: Wait, you're in charge right now. Yeah, that means we'd get rid of you in a.
Speaker 9: City where people can live their lives without the.
Speaker 2: Fair of crime.
Speaker 1: Oh, come on, how many days in a row where there are robberies and burglaries in the San Fernando Valley? Even she got her gun stolen?
Speaker 10: And you're looking live at the Basque campaign headquarters tonight. This team very confident that they'll be in the top two advancing to the general election in November. But they have been working for not.
Speaker 1: Confident at all that they're going to win. Out Right, that says something. So that's what's going on with the bass campaign. Let's go to Vince in San Jose.
Speaker 7: Vince, Hello, Hey, John, thanks for taking the call of the program. Hey, I'm an election observer. In Santa Clara County. I was at ROV headquarters yesterday afternoon and I saw that kpix crew that was there. Their report is one bogus. That place was a graveyard. There were not people streaming in and out turning in ballots. And the worst thing of it all another gift from Gavin Newsom in the state legislature. The Voter's Choice Act is a huge failure. We have a twenty nine day voting period that we've got voted centers, hundreds of them around the county, and we've got.
Speaker 3: Uh oh, we just lost him. Little Cliffhanger there.
Speaker 1: Eight hundred two two two five two two two is telephone number one eight hundred two two two five two two two. If you'd like to email the show, you can do so at johnny don't like show at gmail dot com. That's Johnny don't like show at gmail dot com and Randy your monitor. In the mail bag, Chris writes in from Long Beach at Johnny don't like show at gmail dot com. Hey guys, I know you come to the LBC for remotes. Any advice on who we should vote for down here. Also, if they fix Los Angeles, all the crime comes down here. I'm not here to tell anyone who to vote for, but I did interview Chris Sweeney, who's running for mayor down there, and he seems pretty common sense. And later on today we're gonna be back on the radio. We are gonna be here live in state wide from seven to nine pm. Will be live on KABC seven ninety in southern California, will be live on a ten KSFO in the Bay and nor Cal and we're going to be live on the big KMJ cover in the Central Valley, so we got full state wide coverage. John's gonna be here, I'm going to be here, Frank Motec's gonna be here, and Phil Teresi from kmj's going to be here. Some special guests we'll be calling in as well. The polls close at eight o'clock and we'll have all the results as they come in and coming up later on in the program. John Thomas, Republican political strategist, will be here, as will Steve Hilton, who is favored by Las Vegas to make the runoff. I think they have him at a seventy five percent shot at making it to the November ballot. Bianca's at like one percent. Yeah, we saw serious consolidation on both sides as we got closer to election day, where Vira Gosa whatever support he had, dropped down to one percent, Katie Porter went from double digits to single digits, and Chad Bianco went from double digits to maybe low double digits or single digits. And despite all the money and all of the influence from all the tech people, Mayheen didn't go anywhere. You know, for a moment there, I forgot he was running poor Mayheen, not saying that it would have moved the needle at all. But whoever advised him to not do this show weird advice. We invited him how many times, a bazillion times, and I guess he didn't want any association with anything that was regarded as right leaning. So he didn't do this show. He didn't do other programs that invited him on, we know invited him on. He stayed away from us, and he went and did Morning Joe on MSNBC that airs at three o'clock in the morning California time. It's so weird because when he was campaign for Prop thirty six, he came on this show, he did and he did a good job. I thought he had a pretty fine showing. But when he ran for governor, whoever it was it was advising him, was giving him horrific advice. He must have got Caruso's people, I think so. All right, we've got two more hours coming up on the John Phillips Show, the Fixed California Hours Next, Don't you go Anywhere,