Speaker 1: And we continue at two five in the afternoon on The John Phillip Show, Mister Randy Weggs in Culver City.
Speaker 2: All right, Zen listening from the Port of Oakland at Johnny Don't like show at gmail dot com, subject line clean up Oakland. Let's go full on nineteen oh six and have navy ships pump seawater into Oakland. Saltwater is the best medicine for Sheng's dirty streets. So let's hear her endorse the idea.
Speaker 3: That's right, I like that.
Speaker 2: That is amazing, boy, I miss her. When's that trial happening?
Speaker 1: It takes forever for the wheels of justice to move. Yep, all right. Tomorrow is election day. You have until eight pm tomorrow to get your ballots turned in. You can vote in person, you can vote through the mail. If you do vote through the mail, make sure your ballot is postmarked by tomorrow, otherwise it won't count. What's the point of going through the trouble of doing the research and filling it out if it's not going to count, So get it in on time. You have any number of ways to vote. You can do it at the in person centers that are going on right now. Tomorrow. You can vote in person. There are obviously a lot of different voting centers in the state of California. I don't have that information for your own personal situation in front of me, but it's on your materials. You can look it up online. If you want to vote in person, you can figure that out. If not, vote in the mail and make sure it gets postmarked by tomorrow. I know there are some rural portions of California where they don't pick it up every day, So if you live in a rural area, I would get to the post office and drop it off in person so you know it gets stamped, because they may not pick it up if you drop it in a blue bin, or you drop it off at one of those postal centers, whatever the case may be. Make sure you get it in by eight pm tomorrow or stamp by the post office by tomorrow. If you want your vote to count, and if you're filling it out, you want it to count all right. Right now, what we're doing is we're opening up the phone lines at eight hundred two two two five two two two. What eight hundred two to two five two two two. If you're a candidate for office and you want a couple of minutes to promote yourself, to promote your campaign, to put your platform out there in front of voters. We'd love to give you the opportunity to do that. So let's be respectful and not try to hog up all the time. Introduce yourself, introduce your platform, and we'll move on to the next one after you do that, all right, and put your website out there as well. Let's begin with Christina in Los Angeles. Christina, Hello, Hi, Hi.
Speaker 4: How are you? Thank you for having us on, Thank you for calling, of course. Okay, So I am running to break Sacramento's supermajority. I'm running for State Senate in District twenty four, which John Randy, I don't know if you know where that is. That's basically Pacific Palisades, what's left of it, unfortunately, Malibu. I'm running for Santa Monica to represent Venice, Brentwood, Beverly Hills, bel Air, Agura, Gura Hills, and the Peninsula including the beach cities South Bay. So it's a big one. It's a big one, and this is a big race. But basically I am supported by an endorsed by the California Republican Party and the Howard Jarvis Taxpayers Association. So once I get into office and break the supermajority, I will fight to fund Prop thirty six, fight to save Prop thirteen. I know, John, that's really important to us, especially to me and other working families. That is number one. I support our law enforcement. I will be funding our law enforcement, many women in uniform and the police and the fire department. Public safety is a big one as well as promoting transparency in our health and education. So my website is my name, Christina Irwin dot com and I'm looking forward to your vote. Your vote by June second, tomorrow for State Senate District twenty four.
Speaker 1: All right, well, best of luck tomorrow on election. Dan, thanks for calling.
Speaker 4: Thank you, by bye.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Jake in Hollywood. Jake, Hello, good afternoon, John and Randy.
Speaker 5: First off, some gratitude fellas. Congratulations on all the success. It's fantastic, very happy for you. Just want to let you all know I am running for the California State Assembly District fifty one. It's a very important corridor in the city. It runs from Santa Monica all the way up to Hollywood and through the Low's Dealers. So you got Beverly Hills. Weoe in there, and we got to clean it up. So my first three is just my priorities, which everybody seems to be responding to, is immediate, immediate restoration of public safety. We got to repeal this job killing legislation. We need to bring businesses back to Los Angeles. We need to keep the ones that it's here. The way it's working in the legislature right now, it's just ridiculous. We need to get immediate, immediate job restoration. And I think this has been a universal crossover, you know, with obviously Republicans but also people from other political stripes. Is the fraudulent use of our money in Sacramento. It is the biggest crossover issue that I get and if we can do something about that. To what I can do at the state Assembly level is I can bring attention to that. So when a law goes in or a lot is being shaped, that is where we can make the most difference as far as affecting positive change. And the big thing to my people out in Hollywood, We're going to clean up that part of the city. This is unacceptable what's going on up there. I went to vote today and there was a bunch of homeless on the way into the polling station. And yeah, Nithia Rahman and Karen Bath. It's been a real tough slog up there, and we're wishing for Spencer Prapp. So everybody, it's Jake Head Assembly fifty one, vote early, get your ballot in there, and John Randy keep up the great work. I appreciate you on I'm on the road and sorry to disrupt the crime Blogger hour. Thank you very.
Speaker 1: Much for the call and best of luck in tomorrow's election. We appreciate it. Let's go to Andreas in north Ridge. Andreas, Hello, Hello, hi there for having me today.
Speaker 6: My name is Andreas from a Kalivis as you can hear from my accent. Yes, i am an immigrant, but I'm a naturalized citizen, a small business owner, college jugetor Grammy nominated Edugador Presidential our recipient and chair of the North Tale Region Chamber of Commerce. And I'm running for Assembly District forty because I'm tired of.
Speaker 7: Paying more and getting less.
Speaker 5: And i want my kids to get.
Speaker 7: Quality edation and have of course greater opportunity.
Speaker 6: Like many of you, I came to this country believing in the American dream and the opportunity. I work hard, I earn my education, I build my businesses, and I dedicate my life.
Speaker 7: To serving my community. So when I look at the community right now, I wonder what California would look like in the next generation.
Speaker 5: Will my kids able.
Speaker 7: To afford a home?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 7: Will they receive college education?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 7: And that's why I'm running for State Assembly in District forty to support education, strengthen public safety, defend small businesses, and make California affordable again. I'm endorsed by all the local elected leaders of this valley class the California Republican Assembly. But the companion, you know, is more than endorsements, is about results. My name is Andreas from a Calibes the honor to a year vote. Something that we should remember is the future isn't something we inherit from our parents, in something we deal for our kids andres Michael, it is for simply to stick for you.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, thank you very much and best of luck in tomorrow's election. Let's go to Mike Netder. Mike welcome, thank you well, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: It's a pleasure to be here. Almost everybody out there knows me. And let me just start off by saying, the biggest surprise of the public wasn't that Mike Netder was running for State Senate. It was to most people we have a state Senate. And so what I want to tell everybody out there today is tomorrow, or today or whenever, when you turn in your ballot, do not turn in an incomplete test vote for all the offices. I'm the only Republican running for State Senate twenty two. I stand for what Republicans stand for, better California. For everyone out there, if you want to take back California, pay attention to the governor's race, tension in the mayor of Los Angeles, the vote on every office, and to find that if I'm in your ballot, Chat Mike Netter, State Senate twenty two Netter dot vote, Let's take our damn state back.
Speaker 1: All right, best of luck in tomorrow's election. Thanks for the call, Mike. Let's go to g Rick in Torrance. G Rick, Hello, Hi.
Speaker 8: John, thanks for doing this. This is a great idea. I'm running for Senate District twenty four. I'm one of ten candidates and Christina Irwin, which you had on first is one of those candidates. I'm going to do something that's different. I'm going to ask not to vote for me in the primary. I'm going to ask you to vote for Christina in the primary. Why because we have a rare chance to take to break the iron grip of one party rule in Sacramento and restore Republican ballance with ten candidates. The latest polling shows that I'm in first place and the other Republican, Christina Irwin, second, but not far enough ahead of the third place Democrat to reach novemberis if Christina and I finish in the top two, we lock out the Democrats and our district is guaranteed Republican registration for the next four years. We need voters help. I'm asking them to vote for Christina in the primary. I'll make the pitchure have them vote for me in the general. But we need to get two of us there. Otherwise, if only one of us gets there, we get blown out because of the registration disadvantage. You know, California collects some of the country's highest income business and fuel taxes, and we spend more than three hundred billion a year, and everywhere you look California seems to be falling apart. I think Spencer Pratt has made the case. So where does all that money go? Our roads are crumbling because of mismanagement, forest and water resources and wildfires have turned our neighborhoods to ash. Drug addiction and homelesses have transformed parts of Los Angerson and No Go zones. And the cost ever rising cost of living makes basic necessities like groceries and gas unaffordable, even as our state government spends billions on welfare programs that never seem to lift anyone out of property. My website is Grickmarshall dot com. I stand for cheaper gas, affordable housing with less density, and safer neighborhoods. We've got to get away from our housing first model and homelessness and go to shelter first.
Speaker 1: Thank you, John, all right, thank you for the calling. Best of luck tomorrow. And that would be interesting, Randy, if there was a democratic lockout in a heavily democratic state Senate district in West LA at least there'd be one lockout. Let's go to John in Los Angeles. John, Hello, this week.
Speaker 9: Is John McKinney. How you doing John? This is John My Kinney. I'm a candidate for Los Angeles City Attorney. I'm running on a platform of public safety, protecting taxpayer dollars, and really making a head on attack at homelessness in Los Angeles. We deserve a safer and more prosperous LA. If elected, I'll be the first career prosecutor to serve as LA City Attorney. I'm supported by District Attorney Nathan Hoffman and the Los Angeles Police officers, and I think there's a really clear choice for voters John. They can either stick with the status quo that's the current office holder, Heidi Felstein Soto, or they can vote for change. And the change is either John McKinney, a twenty eight year veteran of the District Attorney's office, or the other two candidates who are DSA back with a socialist agenda. We can't afford to continue losing two hundred and fifty to three hundred million dollars a year in unnecessary liability. We can't continue to accommodate homelessness as a problem that we're willing to manage, as opposed to one that we're willing to end. If elected, I promise to take those challenges on with the intensity that they deserve.
Speaker 1: And if people want more information on you, what's your website.
Speaker 9: McKinney dot com. That's McKinny the number four LA dot com.
Speaker 1: All right, best of luck in tomorrow's election. Thanks so much for calling. Let's go to Scott Myers.
Speaker 10: Scott welcome, Hey guys, Hey John, Hey Randy. So good to have you have me on your show. And I really, I really enjoyed this one hour that you offered us. Okay, so my name is Scott Allen Myers and I'm running for Congressional District thirty that's formerly Adam Schiff's seat. I won't mention my opponent right now because hardly anyone knows her name anyway, but it's the area of Burbank, Glendale, Hollywood and the surrounding areas. I've been endorsed by the County GOP, the Young Republicans Reform California, and the state GOP. My first time running. You know, voters, one thing I've learned in this voters really need to be aware of candidates simply mentioning the term affordability just because of focus groups, he says to but without offering any remedy. Anyone could mention the word, but what's the remedy? You know, here we are in Los Angeles.
Speaker 9: Builders.
Speaker 10: Builders want to build, that's their vocation.
Speaker 5: They're not building here.
Speaker 10: Why because a democratic machine is so bloated, hitting developers with so many regulatory fees and obligations, resulting in over one hundred thousand dollars before you even break ground on building a single family home. We have dereliction of stewardship over our tax money, resulting in even more taxes and other strains on our wallets. Were being taxed on money that's already been taxed and still not getting services. Look at the roads, look at the freeways. Homelessness, it's not a widespread area. It's pretty much limited to the city of Los Angeles in Santa Monica because they share the same policies of open drug use, open drug sales. And the only entity that's going after of these guys is the federal government. So, you know, there's so many different isitions. I know you've got a lot more candidates on but what we're not accustomed to in Los Angeles is a congress person using their platform to influence local problems. It happens in other parts of the country, but not here. That's what I want to do. Thank you very much for listening and having me on your show again. Scott Myers for Congressional District thirty, formerly Adam Shipp's seat.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you for the calling. Best of luck tomorrow. Let's go to alex Van Weava sheriffy and Wava Welcome.
Speaker 11: Hey, welcome, John. How are you doing good? Well? This is it one day to go. Hope everyally turn in their ballots and public safety is on the line in this the election here, we don't have to say too much about the incoming We know what he hasn't done and what I've done when I was in office four years ago. So we got to get back to the basics. We got to hire like crazy, and we got to clean up the homeless encampments and actually make crime illegal again.
Speaker 1: What do you think, John, I think that sounds pretty good to me. And you know what would be the best part of you being sheriff again. We wouldn't have a sheriff living in the purse of the five members of the Board of Supervisors, which is what we have now.
Speaker 11: That's right on the money. I mean it is kind of sad. They've all endorsed him, they've all doubled down on what has sailed, and you know, you got to admire the consistency and these people who always believe that county government far left and wants to close the jail without a replacement, doesn't want law enforcement to involved in the homeless encampment cleanups. I guess they don't want them to be involved in anything other than you know, break lasting times of emergency, and no, that's not public safety, that's a delusion.
Speaker 1: If people want to get more information, what's your website.
Speaker 11: Alex Vanueva twenty twenty six dot com. You can follow me on social media and on x and Alex Thelanueva thirty three on Instagram, Facebook, Tariffing thirty three. And we are out there and we've got a lot of endorsements from people who care about public safety, and suspiciously, the ones who care not about public safety will want to hire our hide corruption. They are all in on the incumbent. Go figure, All.
Speaker 1: Right, best of luck in tomorrow's election. Thanks for the call. Let's go to Joseph in Dublin. Joseph welcome, Yes, thank you so much.
Speaker 5: John Hey, Hey, let me give you my three big points. Number one public safety, and my opponent you can you can describe her as against public safety. Number two boys, boys and boys sports, girls and girl sports. We have to protect our girls and we have to protect our girls sports. Number three is fraud. Talk about the train. I don't think anybody will be on the train. The number one thing we need to do. Oh, by the way, I'm running for state Assembly. The number one thing we need to do on the state level is to stop that train and stop and go after the rest of the fraud. So, Linda, let me just say my name again is Joe Rube and I went to rep represent in the State Assembly in District sixteenth, which is from Rinda to Waln the Creek down to Pleasanton out to Beautiful live More and you can contact me at rube the number four Assembly dot com.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much, Sean, all right, best of block at tomorrow's election. Eight hundred two two two five two two two is the telephone number. What eight hundred two two two five two two two. If you're a candidate for office and want to get in front of voters before election day tomorrow, we're giving you that opportunity. We're taking your calls all the way to the top of the hour at three pm. Eight hundred two two two five two two two is jellphone number one eight hundred two two two five two two two. If you'd like to email the show, you can do sell it Johnny don't like show at gmail dot com. That's Johnny don't like show at gmail dot com. We had Spencer Pratt on earlier in the program. If you missed the interview and want to find out what you missed out on Randy, that's easy to do.
Speaker 2: All you got to do is search for the John Phillips Show wherever you get your podcasts, and you can actually just share the hour. Spencer Pratt makes his closing argument for mayor of Los Angeles. Share it with your friends, your family, anybody that you know that is actually in the city of Los Angeles. I can't tell you the amount of people that have asked me why they can't vote for this race, and they don't realize they don't live in the city of Los Angeles.
Speaker 1: And if you want to take a look at my ballot, you can do sell at KABC dot com and KSFO dot com and Randy we're going to be doing double duty tomorrow.
Speaker 2: We're here from noon to three. I'm here from five to six on KABC. If you're in the Bay Area, you can listen to KBC dot com. But then seven to nine pm we are live in statewide. We're going to be here on a seven ninety KABC, eight ten KSFO in the Bay and KMJ in Fresno. Will be joined by Frank Motech of seven to ninety k ABC and Phil Teresi of KMJ. Give you all the election results right as the polls close at eight o'clock.
Speaker 1: All right, if you're a candidate for office and want to make a last minute pitch in front of voters, give us a call at eight hundred two two two five two two two. Let's go to Adam Miller. Adam, welcome, Hey John, thanks for having me.
Speaker 12: It's Adam Miller running for mayor of LA And as you guys often talk about, LA is broken. It's broken physically, whether we're talking about streets and street lights or encampments, and it's broken metaphorically whether we're talking about public c or affordability and the lack of transparency and accountability. So the question tomorrow is not. Is the city broken? The question tomorrow is who can fix it? And there's really four primary options. Two of them are insiders. They've had the last four years to take action on this city, and this city's in much worse shape. So I don't think any of your listeners believe that they should get another four years to put the city in even worse shape. What we need is an outsider. And there's two choices there, one of them with a lot of anger and entertainment value, but not necessarily a lot of experience. And then there's me. I've been an executive and a leader of corporations and nonprofits for thirty five years. I've created thousands of jobs, I've trained millions of people, have helped thousands of Angelinos stay off streets, and have created job opportunities for thousands of young Angelinos.
Speaker 3: I know how to get things done.
Speaker 12: And the only way we're going to turn this city around is by action, by actually getting things done and having real results. So if you want to turn La around, tomorrow, vote Miller for mayor and you can find out more at Votemiller dot com. I have a full operational plan for the city on how exactly I will turn things around again. Votemiller dot com or check me out on social media. Adam Miller LA.
Speaker 1: Thanks guys, all right, best of luck tomorrow. Thank you for the call. Let's go to and in Malibu and hello.
Speaker 13: Hello John. I appreciate this opportunity to be on your show. I did speak to you last week about school education at the state level. So my name is an Comaros.
Speaker 3: I am running as.
Speaker 13: California's first elected nonpartisan governor. The website is MPP twenty twenty six dot com. Once again, it's MPP twenty twenty six dot com. And quite frankly, I'm running because I've spent a lot of time at local government issues, knowing that learning that you have to go to the state to fix the problem. So good governance, non partisan, no Republican, no Democrats, just getting business done California. Currently, the current level of registered voters that are nonpartisan MPP no party preference is standing right now at twenty six point seventy four percent of the available voters. And the thing is you can vote no partisan if you a Republican or Democrat, you can also vote for nonpartisans and vice versa. The thing is we have to eliminate the political machine, and I plan to throw a monkey wrench into the political machine and hopefully future elections with the non partisan What do you think, John?
Speaker 7: Do you have a question?
Speaker 13: Right?
Speaker 1: What's your website? One more time? If people want to get more information?
Speaker 13: Sure, so here it is. First of all, it's and comaros and as I refer to myself, it's page eleven of your official Canada Voter Guide, So the California Voter Guide, I am page eleven. And the website is MPP twenty twenty six dot com. Once again, MPP twenty twenty six dot com. Thank you, John, all.
Speaker 1: Right, thank you for the callup. Best of Look, let's go to Tanya in Calabasas. Tanya, Hello, Hi guys.
Speaker 14: Thank you for having me. My name is Sawnia Airy. I'm running for La County Supervisor in the third district. A lot of people don't know what this position is. It is the most powerful position in the district. I got into this race in June twenty and twenty five due to Lindsay horrvap's negligence and confidence, corruption and everything else that goes with that. I want to give credit where credit is due because you just had on Alex Villnueva. I met last May. I was introduced to him.
Speaker 7: We met a couple of times.
Speaker 14: He said, go for it. He put his reputation on the line. He was the first person to endorse me. He got my name on the map. I've been digging at this for eleven months. Top on my priorities is too fully fun All public safety, that is law enforcement in this case LAFC Los Angeles County Fire Department and probation people. Forget about probation. The other thing Florida supervisors took away from Alex in March twenty and twenty the emergency preparedness and they assigned it to themselves. Guess what, Florida supervisors are not first responsors, are not first responders. Obviously, look what happens. January seven, twenty and twenty five. I know I don't have too much time. I do have other endorsements LAGOPCRA, but here's one for you ready. Los Angeles County Probation Officers Union Local six eighty five endorsed me. They endorse an unknown Republicans. They do not go with the incumbent, who is a Democrat really a DSA. If that's not pulling a brick out of her foundation, I don't.
Speaker 5: Know what is.
Speaker 1: And what is your website? If people want more information, my.
Speaker 14: Website is ari A R. E Y the number four supervisor dot com. That is airy for supervisor dot com. And the animals. The animals because Board of Supervisors they charge they're in charge of funding seven La County animal shelters, they only give them zero point one five percent of a fifty billion dollar budget for seven shelters, that is sixty five million dollars. Is pathetic, but it's no surprise because you treat you know, the way you treat an animals, how you treat people, and that's what they do.
Speaker 1: All right, Best of luck in tomorrow's election. Let's go to Ersin in Coasta Mesa Erson.
Speaker 5: Hello, John Alardia, thank you so much for this opportunity. First time candidate run in for State Assembly District seventy three ersin Russell that covers the cities of Coast to Mesa, Irvine, and Ustin down here in Orange County. As a first time candidate, I've been watching government for a while now and how it's broken. And my campaign is all built on good government, and we are so far from that right now. What we need for good government, for your vote and how to vet interdates. We define people that have wisdom, have a sense of frugality, and as well as are people of good moral character. And I think if we can focus on candidates like that, we can fix a lot of things quickly. Here in California. Sacramento is completely controlled by one political party. They pass over sixteen hundred bills every two years. Nobody can tell me how their life has gotten any way better. My day one in office is a first time candidate, and I'm already working on these things so I can be effected the first day in office. Number one the doge and exposing fraud. It's not just Sacramento, it's every layer of government, cities, school boards, counties, and so forth. We're not prioritizing the money going into where it needs to be, and it's being spent in just meaningless, frivolous, sometimes criminal ways. Number two. Parents writes first, Always there's talk about what's going on in the sports and things and so forth. One hundred and twenty people in Sacramento shouldn't be deciding who's playing in sports. Parents should be deciding that, and they don't even have a seat at the table when this conversation, which is nonsense to me. And lastly, if we want to reduce homelessness, reduce crime, increase public safety, those things happen at your community level, not from one hundred and twenty people that are three or four hundred miles away sitting in Sacramento. So we've got to slow down, Sacramento. We've got to allow our communities to have a chance to catch up and start to put people in office at the local level that are actually willing to do the job and not just sit and fill a seat. You can find my website at Erson Russell dot com. That's R S O N R U S S E l L dot com. And I'm super excited about this opportunity to actually be a public servant and maybe maybe set an example on what good governance is. So thank you so much for this opportunity. John, have a blessed day.
Speaker 1: All right, good luck tomorrow. Let's go to Beth and Glendale. Beth.
Speaker 10: Hello, Hi, thank you very much.
Speaker 15: I want to thank the wife of a candidate who actually told me about your call in right now, and that's how great There are three great candidates run. The three of us are running from different political parties, but we all put Glendale first. So I'm running for Glendale's city council. I've been going to council meetings for almost two years, really letting them have it because I do have quite a big mouth because I saw absolute dysfunction coming from this city council.
Speaker 4: So I'm not going to tell you.
Speaker 15: My positions necessarily, but i want to scare people. I want to scare Glendale that if you don't vote the right way tomorrow, and that will be for my self death Brooks, Patrick Murphy, and Alex Balikian. Glendale is in trouble. The incumbents and Dan Broughtman, Eleanisatrian and Alex barkerself who basically is a puppet of one of the incumbents, are going to destroy this city as you know it. The other candidates there are twelve candidates running, have not even shown up to city council after they even declared their candidacy to advocate for anything. You know, life goes on a city council. You declare your candidacy and they're still making decisions. So if people are pretending to care about the city after they get elected. Why aren't they caring now? Every week I go and I see they make huge decisions, they spend a lot of money, they waste money, they're they're making terrible decisions, and nobody there. Nobody is there, So you are being lied to. I am telling you. If you want to lower your electric bills, if you want safer streets, if you don't want Glendell to turn into la like MacArthur Park, if you don't want your neighborhoods to turn into Manhattan, and I'm from New York and I know what that's like. If you want to save your parking lots for businesses, you need.
Speaker 13: To vote the right way.
Speaker 15: You don't vote for somebody who shook your hand and took a selfhie with you at a party. You don't vote for somebody who seems like a nice person to have coffee with.
Speaker 5: You.
Speaker 15: Vote for the people who have been there in front of council advocating for you for years. And that is only the three of us. We don't have promises, we have guarantees.
Speaker 5: Do not gamble on your lives.
Speaker 15: I am telling you, I am very nervous about this election. So I'm not going to give you a sales pitch because everybody has the same sales pitch. I'm telling you we have a track record. All the other candidates do not. They have empty promises, fancy campaign managers, people who write their their policies in their so called solutions. We actually have them. All right, go to my website Bethfoglendale dot com and I'm also all over social media with the same handle bet for Glendale, as well as on nextdoor bethb. Please vote for Beth Brooks, Alex Balikian and Patrick Murphy.
Speaker 5: Thank you, all.
Speaker 1: Right, best of luck in tomorrow's election. Eight hundred two two two five two two two is telephone number.
Speaker 12: One.
Speaker 1: Eight hundred two two two five two two two. Eight hundred two two two five two two two is the telephone number. And don't forget Randy. We're coming back tomorrow for double duty. We're here from noon to three.
Speaker 2: I'm here from five to six on KABC, and then from seven to nine pm we're broadcasting live and statewide on KABC, KSFO, and KMJ, so tune in. All right, let's go back to the candidates whose names are on the ballot this year.
Speaker 1: In the State of California. Let's go to Rocky Roads and seem Valley. Rocky, Hello, are you there going? What's going there? There is there is? They hit the wrong button?
Speaker 16: Oh okay, oh I hate hitting the wrong button. John and Randy. If there was an award for saving California, I would nominate you.
Speaker 11: Guys.
Speaker 16: Thank you for doing this giving us candidates a chance to shout out.
Speaker 7: I appreciate it.
Speaker 16: My name is Rocky Roads. I'm running for Assembly District forty two, which is up in Ventura County and then goes down through Malibu and the palis Ads. And You've had a lot of candidates that are concerned about that area. So am I. I am a small businessman, but I'm also a Valley City councilman now, and I'm running for the Assembly because darn there anytime someone's mad at city council, it's because Sacramento passed the law that says we couldn't make a different decision. So I'm going to go up there and see if we can start stopping the stupid before it starts, and then when we break the supermajority, we can start reeling back some of the stupid that's already there. I also am going to focus on fraud, waste and abuse. We have balanced our budget and been under budget and see me Valley. For the every year that I've been on council, we watched the budget like a hawk. I also am responsible for two different organizations being on their boards, SKAG and Clean Power Alliance each have over a billion dollar budgets and I watch every line item. And I'm going to do the same thing up in Sacramento, and we are going to protect Prop thirteen. And because of the area that I'm representing, I'm really going to put a lot of focus on fire resiliency. There's fire that down in Semi Valley. The one that house that burned was at the end of my neighborhood, so it it's close to home and there's some good solutions.
Speaker 5: We just got to get.
Speaker 16: Sacramento out of the way. My website, if you want to learn more, is Rockyfoassembly dot com. And again, you guys, thank you so much for giving the candidates this opportunity.
Speaker 1: All right, good luck tomorrow. Thank you. Let's go to Georgia and Redondo Beach. George.
Speaker 17: Hello, yes, John, thank you for this opportunity. I'm George Barts and I'm running for Assembly District sixty six in the South Bay cities of La County, starting with the city of El Segundo, all the big cities to the Palas Verdes Peninsula, and the city of Torslameda and three pourts of Guardina. I am the most qualified candidate because I have business experience and government experience. I was the mayor of Hermosa Beach three times, and I'm a small businessman. I had my own auto repair shop up in Hermosa Beach and now i have a import business, importing professional racing go cart motors and parts. And that's what we need in Sacramento. This one party state is creating all these laws that make it real difficult for cities to function. And this, well, you know, one policy fits all doesn't work. And I want to focus on affordability and the cost of living. And when I'm elected, I'm going to work and waive the gas tax and reduce the gas prices by at least two dollars per gallon. I'm going to audit for corruption and fraud all tax payer funded programs, and I want to reprioritize the monies the Sacramento has, for example, this bullet train to nowhere. There's a lot of money there that we can use for programs to help the people in our district and in the state of California. My website is BOTE for George Barks dot com and you'll have more details of my platform.
Speaker 1: All Right, we're going to have to leave it there. Best of luck in tomorrow's election. We'll see you tomorrow at noon for another edition of The John Phillips Show.