Speaker 1: Listen to v Sports Leader anytime anywhere, telln Mode KNBR. The Sports Leader app. Murph and Marcus continued live from the Casino Matrix Progressive Jackpot Studios. Casino Matrix Progressive Jackpots are here.
Speaker 2: Where are you?
Speaker 1: Just drop in?
Speaker 2: One eight hundred gambler.
Speaker 3: Fastball is hammered high and deep in the right set of field towards triples Alley, way back there.
Speaker 1: Still going one hump and up over the wall for an automatic double.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's good.
Speaker 4: We've talked about the leadoff spot a bunch in Boston, and you know, for a variety of reasons, we've mixed and matched a bunch of different guys. But he likes being in that spot. I think he gives us a good at bat, and regardless of how it goes, I feel like he kind of sets the tone a little bit. He's coming more and more out of his shell and really starting to see the competitor that he is. But he kind of set the tone for you know, the game with the first app bat that one would I would put the asterisk to even more so, and then you're getting on base in front of Raffie.
Speaker 5: So yeah, it was huge. There is Tony V talking about well, probably his favorite giant, right Drew Gilbert, who continues to put out there and every thought it's like basically Tennessee volunteer nepotism that he keeps playing him so much, and yet here it is Drew Gilbert in the month of August hitting two fifty. No it's not three hundred, but it ain't one to fifty with a ops of seven ninety, which you know, that's that's party don good. He's drawn seven walks in the month of August, is on basis three twenty four in the month of August, So all numbers that you can kind of handle as a numbers even better in July two sixty four, batting average, three point thirty nine on base, little less power, you know, all things that you can handle. As we talked to him last week about a possible greg Or Blanco type role where he plays against right handed pitching and man center field defensively pretty well, it's funny this, he says. Some of the metrics are that he doesn't play center field as well this year, but I still like him out there. He's got a pretty good arm and uh so, yeah, I mean this is what we're talking about ever He's like, wait, Mante, you guys are actually talking Giants. But yeah, we're gonna talk to Daynekyper in just a few minutes here, and Marcusardi took us down the road of the Fourth Wing Night, which was bonkers insane. But I mean, you know, I mean, are you there's a pack of forty nine or Giants fans that are like, I don't need to see Drew Gilbert. He's Tony's pet from Tennessee, blah blah blah. There's some people that are angry, Yes, there definitely are, and there's others who are like, huh. And we had him on the show last week talking about he's a more serious player, less nonsense and producing more and that maybe there's a role or almost certainly there's a role for him on next year's Ross.
Speaker 2: I would agree with that, Murph.
Speaker 6: Now, I'd say people are angry and they have a right to be since the Giants are fifty three and seventy eight, and I'm sure there's a portion of the Giants fan base that has just completely checked out and he's done watching Giants games, So maybe that's why they don't want to see Drew Gilbert. I'm not in that camp. I was still at the ballpark last night for Fourth Wing Night, hanging with all the romantic novel enthusiast and I'm not gonna say I'm a chili goober enthusiast. But he's one of the guys that was actually in the lineup last night that I do want to see more from. He's the guy that I think has a chance to potentially be on the opening day roster next year, and everything that you just said about his ability to bad against righty's and how his bats have gotten better each and every week, especially when you break down some of his numbers since the All Star break. Obviously there's a huge glaring hole in his swing against lefties. The lefty on lefty numbers are still bad, even though he's shown some flashes throughout the year that maybe he can get more competitive in those bats against lefties as well. And I would even add on top of it everything you just said about him defensively as well, Like I don't really agree with the metrics saying he's a bad center fielder. I thought he's played a pretty damn good center fielder, so I think there's value there. I'm not saying this is a guy that I want to see hitting lead off and playing center field next year. But there's a role on the roster for a fourth outfitter, a guy that can be a late game defensive replacement, and a guy that can give you a little bit of speed on the base path.
Speaker 5: If you care about baseball, Savant's red and blue stuff. His arm strength is in the eightieth percentile and his range is in the seventy fourth percentile, So he's top half of baseball in terms of range and arm strength. The other marks where he shows well are his chase percentages, now in the seventy second percentile. The only thing that comes off really poor is average exit vilo. He's in the eleventh percentile. He had a long stretch where I was like, bro, is he hitting? Is that a wet Sporting News? There was a time in April, May and June he was just hitting weak ground ball after weak ground ball. I would like to see if his average exit VELO in the last month and a half.
Speaker 2: Well, I was gonna say the last month and a half.
Speaker 6: Hell, the last couple of weeks he's got two or three bombs locked out, So.
Speaker 5: He's one of the guys we talked about at the t's like you know, last night's because last night's lineup was Rafael Devers, Jung Houley and seven Strangers, seven Dwarves, Drew Gilbert being one of them. We talked about others. You know, well, Drew Kavanaugh's becoming a little bit of a regular. And by the way, I got no beef with Drew Kavanaugh. He could be my backup catcher. Yeah, I'm okay with Drew Cavin. Yeah, right now, I'd say he's probably the league Kennon. It to be that combination with Daniel Sussac going further next year from behind the plate, with the guys putting it down in the squad. I mean, Shae Whitcomb's just you know, he's a guy that picked up Off Waivers ten days ago. Former Triple A phenom, Graham McCrae, I love him. I want it to work. He's gonna have to really dramatically prove that he strikes out Christian costs is you know, he is who he is. Nate Furman was a guy that got in the Alex Cobb trade. But the guy I think maybe last night that might be most interesting. And you guys are gonna scream, man, don't crash your car. Ryan Walker. Wow, Ryan Walker, he's back. I mean curly sent out a text of the group. You know, given the Buddy Kennedy treatment. Ryan Walker, Ryan Walker. But I said, to be honest, I'm interested to see the stuff has been there. We've seen him get big league hitters out. It was twenty twenty four, it was two years ago. And then we've seen the downfall. We've seen the mental downfall, the physical downfall. So he needed a long stretch of mental and physical tinkering. Came back last night new pants, yeah, pants down, pants on the ground and through two innings of shut out baseball. Now again the Reds, you know, not the best batting average team in the league, seventy lost team. But still, dude, that's a guy I'm gonna keep an eye on. I'm willing to give him another chance. Am I crazy?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 6: I would not say you're crazy, because coming into the season, you're not the only guy that thought Ryan Walker had potential. Shout out bus or Posey who went into the season with Ryan Walker penciled in to be their closer, and that wasn't just praying and hoping on strategy that Ryan Walker would suddenly emerge as a dominant closer. It was based on some of the stuff that we've seen from Ryan Walker over the last couple of years, and that crossfire action, the combination with that slider that sweeps across his own with that two seam four seamer combination that he can run inside like, he's.
Speaker 2: Got good stuff.
Speaker 6: We just don't want to see it in the ninth inny Like closing out ball games. We've talked to so many different closers on this show. It's a different mentality. It's different getting those last three outs. Ryan Walker's number is in the sick or seventh inning throughout his career have been pretty damn good. He's not an eighth inning guy. He's not a ninth inning guy. He's not a high leverage situation. But when your bullpen's been this bad this year, you need to figure out if you have any pieces moving forward.
Speaker 2: I mean next year.
Speaker 6: I'm looking at a guy like Dylan Smith as a guy that's locked himself into a bullpen roll, not sure where any he's gonna be pitching, But that's the point you start. You got to start stacking those guys up. So that you don't go into next season with so many questions in the bullpen.
Speaker 5: I said it to you a week or two. I've loved Dylan Smith from the jump. The first time I saw him, I say, here's a guy who attacked the strike zone. I like it. And yeah, he's had some bad fortune and some blown losses like little Rory Murphy says. It was not little anymore. He said he's going forward. Dad, I'm like, nothing means less than a reliever's one loss record. Do not throw that out the window. I said, there are other things. I said, just watch him pitch. He attacks that said, I had a small bone to nitpick. Yeah, I was watching the ninth inning of a fifty three and seventy eighteen. Yes I was. I didn't think that. Actually, Tony should have pitched Dylan Smith last night. I'm like, we're trying to sweep a series, trying to build a winning culture. You might need him Tuesday Wednesday. You didn't need him in a five to nothing game. I actually was a little miffed. I was a little myft.
Speaker 6: Imagine how I felt sitting at the stadium, still still hanging out with the fourth wingers, trying to a fourth wing gown. Yeah, you know, I was hanging out, take my rounds around the ballpark looking for a fourth wing angel myself. But I was hanging out, wanted to watch the end of the game. And all of a sudden, I hear a walk of Flokka through the pieces and I'm like, wait, Dylan Smith's coming out. We're about to go hard in the paint now. I do get hyped up when I hear a little walka at the ballpark. Not your traditional baseball music, that's for sure, shout out brick Squad. But yeah, I was a little surprised to see Dylan Smith in that situation last night.
Speaker 5: It's that small nitpick, but I like him so anyway, that's the deal, man. It was a crazy night. Remember the Giants still have not swept a series. They are one third of the way there. Uh and tonight they go against Cincinnati again. And who do we got tonight?
Speaker 3: I had the U.
Speaker 5: I had the tonight's pitching matchup. But it's it. I got it, Marcus, I got it.
Speaker 2: You got it?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 5: Adrian Howser? You got Adrian? Will he open or will will they open for him? Or will they straight pitch?
Speaker 3: Him.
Speaker 2: He's listed as he started today.
Speaker 6: As we saw yesterday with the roster moves, it will not be Tugbow as the opener.
Speaker 2: He was optioned back down to Sacramento.
Speaker 5: Yeah, which although Tony said he could be back this week and they get a double header again, I think he's gonna be back there. They planned two against Arizona on Saturday and nothing on Sunday? Is that right?
Speaker 6: So I believe they moved that to a double header so that they could travel to Atlanta on Monday because they have this make because of the makeup game, So no Giants game on Sunday.
Speaker 2: How about that?
Speaker 3: Weird?
Speaker 2: That is odd?
Speaker 1: Dwayne Kiper Next on the Sports Leader, Listen to v sports Leader anytime anywhere Downloade, knbr B Sports Leader app Murphin Marcus continued live from the Casino Matrix Progressive Jackpots Studios, Casino Matrix Progressive Jackpots are here. Where are you just drop in one eight hundred gambler?
Speaker 5: All right, Well, Walt is out today, so Jacob Violante, the Vigilante is checking in. He's wanting to give us a little taste of you two before we got to our traditional Dwayne Kuiper open, take it away, Jacob.
Speaker 2: There's no question we've got the best in the boot.
Speaker 5: That's why we all mimic his call.
Speaker 1: Timer, Murph and Marcus catch up with Kite on knd R one oh four five Am.
Speaker 3: And Kype.
Speaker 5: We've joked so many Tuesdays through the year about you gotta come on after a win, you gotta come out after a win. You got and we got one Giants five red zero with a wild lineup, Kype.
Speaker 2: So, good morning, Hey morning Pipe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good morning.
Speaker 1: I H.
Speaker 3: So I'm driving to the park and uh, you know, look, I did not make the trip to Cleveland or Boston, so I'm I can't wait to get to the park. It's sitting next to Mic for another month and a half and you know, and every once in a while that pops in my head that oh yeah, there's a Monday night game. I have the show tomorrow. And then I looked at the lineup and I thought, yeah, this is really funny, nice, nice try, right, and uh and what do they do? They play a perfect game? Uh, you know when we fill out our scorecards before the game. And now, I mean, we've done it together for the last thirty five years and it gives us a chance to talk and you know, write some numbers down. So we always write down the average home runs and RBIs and I started to look, and I looked at the Reds from their cleanipitter down at Stevenson Sworerez McLean the day, Travino Johnson, they had sixty five combined home runs. And then I looked at the Giants. Now Trent Hill is your cleanupitter, followed by Kavanaugh, Furman, Whitcomb, McCrae, Costs. They had three. So here we go, sixty five big flies to three. And what do they do? They play a perfect game. And the one thing that you know, Mike and I realize throughout the course of a game that you have to be really careful that you don't I want to use the word make fun, but that you don't make fun of this lineup, because then you're taking credit away from the guys that finally got to the big leagues like these young players did and started last night. I mean, look, when choey Otani gets up in the morning, he looks in the mirror, he can say, look, I'm a big leaguer, and so can Nate Furman. And I think that's important to realize that these guys did something, and maybe more than something, a lot to get to where they're at and deserve to be in that lineup. Now, it takes injuries and trades and you know, other things sometimes to give a guy a chance, but you have to take advantage of that chance and be prepared, and these guys have done that. So I mean, look after that game last night, I mean, I'm looking forward to this game as much as if all the regulars were healthy and in the lineup. I mean, I want to see these guys run around. And the other thing I thought of is is this is the perfect lineup for my radio partner on Tuesday mornings, mister Murphy, because this is what he's been crying about for years. Play the young guys, play him. And there you have it in that game last night.
Speaker 5: Well that is true to a degree. For sure. I'm thinking a little bit more Joe swar Gonzalez, you know. But hey, listen, you're right all these guys are. And that actually leads to the question Dwayne that Marcus and I were kicking around right before you came on, is how many of these guys do you think are a legit part of the story in twenty twenty seven. Now, we all assume there's going to be a twenty twenty seven, but you know, and we identified two. We identified Gilbert, and I believe it or not, I extended an olive branch to Ryan Walker with his pants down. Now, and you know this, but there may be others take those two and others that you think can be really a part of the story in twenty twenty seven that we saw last night.
Speaker 3: Well, I think he'll can be. I mean, I mean, if you want to put a label on him and say, well, you know what is good at ball contact as he makes and as good as he is at all three opticals positions, you know, he could be your perfect fourth or fifth outfielder. But don't get me wrong, I mean he may actually play into some people's minds that he can play every day. So I think, I mean, I really think that he's got a shot. And I know that the catcher does for sure, you know, And I don't know if he'll ever be a guy that's going to catch one hundred and thirty games, but he certainly could be a guy that could catch fifty or sixty and do very very well. I mean he's he showed signs of being a good receiver and that he's act and plus he's a left handed hitter. Every organization looks for catching, that's that's where their hitter is left handed. I think of all this group, the guy that's probably got the most overall talent is the kid in right field, Grant McCrae. But we've said this before about him, is he just needs to make a little bit more contact. I mean, gosh, he's a fabulous defender, and he's got a great arm, and he can run, and he's a left handed hitter. So you have to be really careful that you don't give up on these guys too soon and then all of a sudden you find them in another organization and you go what we had him and and I don't want Grant McCray to be one of those guys where he goes off to the Washington Nationals and now he's their starting center fielder. I think you have to give some of these guys a long rope before you know, you start to offer them to other teams. I think Christian Koss is always going to be a guy that you think about being on the roster because of his ability to play short and he's a grinder. So I mean, I don't know that much about wickhamb. I do know that when we started looking into his past that you know, he's played in the big leagues. He's got a couple of home runs. It just doesn't look like he's taken advantage of the seventeen games maybe that he's played in. So I'm sure I've missed a few, but I think you might be surprised at the number of people. And I agree with you with Walker. I think Walker figured it out. And Mike actually said that before I did. When you saw him pitch in a triple A game this past week, he said, Jesus didn't look like the same guy. I mean, even forget about the haircut. So yeah, I mean you might be surprised at the number of people that are on this that was in the lineup last night, that could dot at some point the roster next year, given the fact that we're all hoping there is next year.
Speaker 6: Kai, what do you think the mentality or the approach is for some of these guys that are trying to make their name at the big league level. Because you can look at it through the lens of Oh, there's additional pressure. They're fighting for their jobs, they're trying to stay at the big league level. Or you can look at it, Hey, maybe this is a weight off their shoulder. There's not a lot of pressure to win right now, is it? Maybe give them more of a carefree attitude and approach.
Speaker 2: At the plate.
Speaker 3: You better even have a care free attitude at all ever you know, and then care free. I get it. You're not saying that these guys aren't taking it serious. But you do have to play like this is the last game you're going to play in, and you have to play like your hair's on fire. You really do. And because everybody's watching, not just mom and dad and brothers and sisters and girlfriends and wives. Everybody's watching, and everybody's going to have their own opinion. And one part of the opinion you want people to have is this guy busts his tail wherever he goes. And that's why you have to take I mean, these guys that were in the line of last night, you may not have heard many of them, but it's up to them that after the game you might remember their name so that you can cheer for him tomorrow and that's what some of these guys did. Last night.
Speaker 5: You mentioned Turner Hill. I was in the car during the third inning when Dave Fleming was he was kind of making a case for the guy. He was like, I you know, it's on even thirteen at bats, all these asterisks, and he's a little older, but he said, you know, merrit Buster Posty says, it's a meritocracy. This guy hid his way into the big They say he likes his approach. He had a double off the wall last night Andrew walk so he takes good angles in the outfield, runs the base as well. And you know most fans roll their eyes. They want shohe O Tani, they want Kyle Schwarber. I don't want Turner Hill, but I mean Giants put him down fourth in the lineup last night. And is he a guy who's got a chance to make a name.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he does. And I think you look at some of the successful teams. You know, the Brewers are an example. I mean they are running out people I've never heard of, and and I'm doing a great job, and now they have the best record in baseball. At times, the Dbacs run out people that I've never heard of, and they contribute, and then the next year they're more than just a contributor. They're in the lineup all the time. And I think he's one of those kind of guys. I mean, he's got think about this. He's got two months, the past two weeks he's been here, and now what's coming up. I think there's thirty one games left. He's got thirty one games to already make a way better impression than what he already has for those thirty one games, and you have to take advantage of it. I mean, there are second chances in this game, but that first impression is so important, and I think he's made a really good first impression. So I like him. I like to see him in the lineup, and I like his bats, although I don't think he's a cleanupitter.
Speaker 5: No, probably not Kaip.
Speaker 6: Last night we saw Devers go deep for his twenty seventh homer in the season. He went deep out in Boston, and I know you weren't Fenway Park, but there was a lot of reaction towards Rafael Devers, and there was some criticism when he left the city of Boston that maybe he's not the biggest leader in the clubhouse But then there was a report yesterday that, without Willie Domas and obviously without Matt Chapman and some of the leaders, that Raphael Devers actually spoke to a lot of the team at the batting cages.
Speaker 2: Before yesterday's game.
Speaker 6: Just your reaction to everything that happened in Boston this past weekend, but also maybe Rafael Devers now stepping up here in San Francisco in the leadership role.
Speaker 3: Well, every day the guyants have a hitters meeting and all the hitters are there and the hitting coaches and they go over a lot of things. And I was told by a couple of different people that Rafie Devers stood up. I mean, remember Chapman's not there. I mean Willia Domas might have been there, but your voice, definitely, you know, is a little bit tuned out when you're on the il, and you know, Rappie doesn't say a lot, and we don't know how well he speaks English because he just doesn't do enough interviews for us to know. And the report is that he got up and he specifically talked to all the young guys about this is your chance, and you need to do whatever you can to take advantage of it. And also, by the way, along the way while you're doing this, you have to have fun. Smile every once in a while, have some fun because and he may have said this, probably not, because when you smile on the field, people know it and they notice it and they realize that, yeah, you know, this guy's having fun and he's pretty good. So good for Rappie to stand up and say something. And I mean, look, he's he had to wear three days in Boston, where you know, Boston fans are not going to say, God, a great guy he is. They're just not. He's not one of theirs anymore. You know, forget about the fact that he helped lead them to a World Series. They're just not. I mean, that's not what they do in Boston. So here he's wearing it for three days in Boston, and he comes back and he stands up in the meeting and he's talking to these young players. Good for him, and to me, that shows that, yeah, there is a sign that there's leadership in this guy. And he just let it out yesterday and then he it's a three run home run, and there's nothing better than backing it up when you do that. I tried it all those years and it only worked once. And I know what it feels like, because you feel like, not only did you make a point in the meeting, but then you made even a bigger point after the meeting.
Speaker 5: I mean, he's been here a year and two months now, maybe just getting more and more settled. Maybe the Boston weekend changed something in him a little bit. Like I don't know about Kype Boston fans. You said, yeah, they're just not gonna you play there. You played at Yankee Old Yankee Stadium too. You also then went to the nationally and you went to Philly. So who where did where was the rag? The most?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 3: Who?
Speaker 5: What fans are you?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 5: Man, these guys, these guys are just these guys are animals.
Speaker 3: Yeah, probably Yankee fans. I mean yeah, I mean they knew, they knew all about your family. I mean this is before the internet, but they did all their homework about beyond about your mom and dad and everybody else. I actually thought about going in the stands one time. Uh what true? Has been really a bad idea? I mean, okay, this is skinny, this skinny little turd going into the stands. Are you kidding me? A? So? Uh? You don't think about the Boston fans is they're like, they're like sarcastic, tough, you know, and they got that action. I got married one, so I heard that accent twice a week, and you know, and there's always a moderate cuss word involved too. And you know what, I look, my wife, Michelle had four brothers and h and every one of those brothers was exactly like all those those fans sitting in the stands. When they got bored, they look for a fight, you know, stuff like that. But you know what, they're fun. They were all a lot of fun. And I think probably that's what you could say about Red Sox fans. Look, I didn't play enough to not appreciate the fans in Philly. But from what I'm told from you know, our our families that had to deal with the Phillies in twenty ten, they were really mistreated in Philadelphia and and then that should never happen. But you know, Philly is Philly, so and I'm sure there are probably some forty nine er families that could probably tell you the same thing. Yeah, Philly's tough.
Speaker 5: It is tough. So the one time you thought about going up was that at Yankee Stadium.
Speaker 3: That was it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yankee Stadium, it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean the oddex Circle. I mean, when you're getting loose, you could take five steps in your by the front row. So if they have fans that lean over and they want to get in your grill, you know they're not that far away from you. I mean you just gotta ignore them. But on that particular day, I don't know what happened. Maybe I had too much coffee.
Speaker 5: Yeah, his old Yankee Stadium. That's not the new Yankee Stadium for sure, Kype. Last one is are you keeping an eye at all on one of my favorite things in the Little League World Series?
Speaker 3: I don't darn it.
Speaker 5: I was gonna ask, you have granddaughters, you need to get on board with k Rasmus. She's the star of the summer. She's a gal who wears a bow in her hair and pitches for the Alabama team that won the Southeast Region. And she's nasty. She just tied Money Davis's record for strikeouts by a girl. And she's got a curveball that falls off the table and she hits. And here's the catch. Her family bloodlines are crazy. Her dad was Corey Rasmus who played in the BIGS. Her uncle was Clint Rasmus, who played in the BIGS. Her other uncle was Kolby Rasmus, who had a fairly significant playing career. Her mom played Division one softball at Southern miss Her cousin is on the team with her Riiker, and her grandpa coached the nineteen ninety nine Alabama team that went to the Little League World Series. You gotta check it out because you got granddaughters. You're a girl, Grandpa Kenley Rasmus.
Speaker 3: Murf, you know more about this young lady than you do. Jay Whitcomb.
Speaker 5: Well, the Twitter helps. I'm on a graphic they have with a great little arrow of relatives in her family.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, and now that you brought all that up, and now that you mentioned her, I definitely will. We'll keep an eye on her. I always try to keep track of what's going on with some of the local teams here in California, and then also if there's anything going on in the Midwest, and if that doesn't, you know, if that's not happening, you know, then my brain wanders off to other stuff. But I will keep an eye on it. Now. Absolutely. I had a cousin Murph, who lived across the streeter. It was the first cousin, and she was a year older than I was. And her mom was on the the the league of their own, the Racine Bells. Yeah, her mom, my aunt Ruth, was one of the players on that team. And ends up that Cindy was the best all around baseball player in our area.
Speaker 5: Cindy, your cousin, hands hands.
Speaker 3: Down first cousin. My dad and her dad are.
Speaker 2: Brothers and both farmers, and Cindy Kuiper.
Speaker 3: Cindy Kuiper, they had a big backyard, and and she couldn't play.
Speaker 5: Because there's no league or they didn't letter.
Speaker 3: No, we had a league the play and so okay, so great, she can't play in our little league. Well where can she play, right? I mean, they don't have leagues for girls. This was this would have been nineteen fifty nine, nineteen sixty, And so when I hear about girls that get a chance to play, I don't care in what league and whether they're good or not. It just it just, you know, it warms my heart because here's of course Cindy, who was way more talent to than all of us, and she had to watch from the sideline.
Speaker 5: Well, Kelly Rasmus is doing it for her. That's a crazy story. Yeah, she's Unfortunately they play today at noon. They're in the elimination bracket, so one loss and they're done. She can't pitch unfortunately until Saturday, because she threw so many pitches last night, so you don't get to see her hurl. But they got a chance to fight their way to Saturday and see if she can pitch again. She's just fun to watch because she chews gum. She's you know, she wears the ribbon in her hair, and Marcus as my pitching guru. Here the curveball.
Speaker 2: Oh, it looks just like her dad's.
Speaker 5: They they so these days on Twitter type they do a thing where they they you can you can mimic two shadow figures against each other. So you're watching her pitch next to her.
Speaker 2: Dad, same mechanics type.
Speaker 5: It's just like they did with tug Boat.
Speaker 2: They did it with Tugboat with him as well.
Speaker 3: They say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. You know it's usually father son, right mother daughter? Well, this is even better.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's awesome. You got to check her out, and I know you have how many granddaughters.
Speaker 3: Too, two seven and five, and then the little guy is about to turn a year.
Speaker 5: So, well, did they play any softball at all? Or no?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean any of the oldest one she played. You know, they played softball, and it's it's probably the most grueling two hours you're going to spend because you got nine people chasing a ball, right right, right right.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I'll tell you one quick story. So I go, I don't know, last couple of months ago, and she's on the mound. They actually don't pitch, but they positioned somebody there, right, So she's at that spot and and I'm second inning and I'm walking through the outfield with my lawnch hair and you know, coffee and whatever. And she's on the mound and there's the pitch goes and she turns her back on the hitter and she looks at me and she goes, I want to go home.
Speaker 5: Oh no, the love of the game.
Speaker 3: I bust I bust out laughing. And however, my daughter did not bust out laughing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh god, Oh she was a little hot.
Speaker 3: She got she got to beat the.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you gotta play. You were out here. You don't put on your team, Come on, we need you to make a play.
Speaker 3: But I kept thinking, I wish there was a way that at that age, somehow you can make things a little bit more exciting. But there wasn't so much standing.
Speaker 5: Around, right it is. That's the knock on baseball for kids, is that it's you know, at video game era, that's too slow.
Speaker 3: So yeah, and that's why the pitch clock works.
Speaker 5: What he's no, what, I think we need a lot more.
Speaker 3: But anyway, the next time I see Himurpha wants you to rub your stomach and look at me and go, I'm hungry and I want to go.
Speaker 5: Well, fifty three and seventy eight. A lot of jazz there as I say that, But not last night. Not last night. We got the win.
Speaker 3: By the way, they need to go seventeen and fourteen to win seventy games. So that's what I'm going for.
Speaker 5: So you just blew past the one hundred lost thing like we're worried about that. We want ten and twenty one.
Speaker 3: You want seventeen and four to get the seventy. Okay, that's got you know, not that that's going to make a difference, but hey, just for fun, why not?
Speaker 5: And Ryan Walker shall lead them. All right, Kype, we loved it, have a great one, see you soon, all right, Thanks the great Dwayne Kuiper. And I can't leave the segment without shouting out two of my best all stars ever, Remy and Victoria. I had two gals on my Little League All Star teams that were freaking studs, and they were at the center of the line up in some big positions. And then also shout out Moby. Little League was the first Little league in America to force a to legal She petitioned the Supreme Court and President Nixon. Jenny Fully, we were the first little league in America to have a girl play. Wow, nineteen seventy four. There's a little there's a little plaque and statue thing at the at the park. Nice. Yeah, so he's right. I mean you saw this gal. Yes, she's the real deal. And she got a game tying knock last night too.
Speaker 2: And I love seeing stories like this.
Speaker 6: You mentioned Monette Davis in the Strikeout Record by a Girl in the Little League World Series. Monete Davis is now playing in the Women's Professional Baseball League, and shout out to our very own San Francisco fire Bells, who currently have the best record in the league.
Speaker 5: Well, the fact that you knew the nickname gives him a plus.
Speaker 2: I'm a San Francisco fire bell head.
Speaker 5: There's a statue of Tony Stone, who was like one of the first great baseball female players in San Francisco in lot A the Mission Area what do they call that area? The Mission Park? A Mission Bay area that the Giants are built with that arsaical bakery and flower and water, peafield work and everything. Yeah, and yeah, there's a statue of her, Tony Stone. She's a female player. So anyway, go Kinley go. Although she can't pitch till Saturday, and they're in the elimination backers they live in day to day. The real team is Iowa and Vegas. They're facing off in the Winner's bracket final tomorrow. I follow this stuff, all right, A little lous that barrows at eight point fifteen on these Sports Leader.
Speaker 1: This is the big hit sponsored by Benjamin Moore Paints Experience the Benjamin More retail difference at are independently owned authorized retailers today or at Benjamin Moore dot com. Murphin Marcus continued live from the Casino Matrix. Progressive Jackpot Studios, Casino Matrix, Progressive jackpots are here. Where are you just drop in one eight hundred gambler?
Speaker 7: As you mentioned, I don't think there will be any impact on the football team. However, you know, perception becomes reality. You know, the fort and As get off to a bad starter, they have a bad season. We all know that a lot of people will be poin the finger at Jed York for creating a distraction.
Speaker 5: And there's Matt Mayoko, our forty nine Ers insider on the Sports Leader NBC Sports Brizone. He was on with the Afternoon Boys yesterday talking about that absolutely bizarre and shocking story of forty nine Er owner Jed York being arrested for disorderly conduct and possessing criminal tools, which sounded really weird. Then we found out that he had solicited a prostitute via an online ad and it was a sting operation and the cops got him at a mobile park where he said the address was yet one hundred and forty dollars was the negotiated price, and people are just digesting this as one of these crazy, crazy, crazy stories. Lots of stuff coming out from it too. We found out now that sadly Jed and his wife Danielle, who we know, we know the family, we know the couple had filed for divorce in May, which is sad. They have a thirteen year old and a ten year old. And now that Jed I'd heard from somebody that now might be moving permanently back to Ohio for tax reasons. And it just brings to question these you know, peragumarate after twenty five years, he was a guy who was here for a long time, did a lot of salary cap stuff, and he's gonna do fortyniners enterprises and now Jed possibly move into Ohio and also having this legal trouble. Just kind of wondering, like the forty nine ers hierarchy, is it less stable than it was a year ago? Kind of feels like it is. And would that affect the team at all? I mean, that's the big question. And Matt said perception, He's right, you know week one. You know, first of all, now, I don't think Jed's going to Australia, right, No, I would not expect him to be on that trip. I mean, I think he's probably gonna lay low for most of the season.
Speaker 6: I would imagine, Yeah, that would probably be the best advice that his legal team, and I'm sure the forty nine ers are gonna give them.
Speaker 5: Yeah. So if the forty hours starts slow, which, by the way, they're playing the Rams, so losing to the Rams could very well happen. Will there be this belief that between the Kyle Shanahan accident and now the Jed York arrest that the forty nine ers are sort of throwing the substation just for fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Are they cursed for lack of a better word.
Speaker 6: Yeah, See, I'm not ready to say they're curse, but it definitely does hurt the overall perception of the organization and the image of the forty nine ers, an organization that is one of the most well rounded, respected organizations across all sports. Like we're talking about a championship legacy type of culture that we speak about when we talk about the forty nine ers. So when you throw in this offseason the Kyle Shanahan car crash Inciday, which was a weird story on its own, now you throw in this Jed York situation you mentioned it, the forty nine Ers the last year or so have already kind of been a punchline around the league because of the substation.
Speaker 2: This just makes it even worse.
Speaker 6: Like I literally was just scrolling through Twitter and I just saw a meme posted of somebody with a substation behind the trailer park out on Ohio.
Speaker 2: Like, the jokes are going to be there.
Speaker 6: I don't think it's going to have a huge effect on the actual players in the locker room and the performance on the field, but overall, from like an outside perspective, this is just flat out embarrassing for Jed York and embarrassing for the forty nine ers.
Speaker 5: I mean, the more we talk about it, the more I think about, Like the team takes the field and You're right, they're the butt of the jokes, like America is laughing at them. They were already freaking out about the substation, as you mentioned, and then this is just gonna so they're gonna have to somehow push back again. They gotta beat the rams, they gotta waiting cures all.
Speaker 6: Like, the Internet is not gonna forget about the storyline. The same way, even though Robert Crafts and the Patriots were able to move on and won a Super Bowl, people are still posting memes and jokes about Robert Craft with this story resurfacing now, so a couple of.
Speaker 5: Things that are different. Craft was able to get the charges dropped. He never pled guilty or no contest. Jed has already pled no contest and it's done. It's like, you can't say it's funny. The niners said, we have no comment as this is a legal situation. We're like, wait a minute, the lea, it's done, it's solved. They actually said it's been resolved, and it has been resolved. So I would like to comment from the forty nine ers. I wonder how Jed's gonna handle is. Is he gonna make a statement? Is John Lynch, as the adult in the building, gonna wind up making a statement or are they just gonna just nothing to see here? Move along? There is that theory you just move on, you know, you just kind of like wait for the next shiny object to take the Twitter, the social media's attention. So we'll see what that strategy is. I'm looking at the strategy of the clock and I see Matt Barrows is going to join us, and he'll have thoughts on the power structure Perrague jed uh and what effect this would have on the team as they get ready for Vegas on Thursday take on the Raiders. Also, we have a discussion who's gonna play. I don't think Ayby's gonna play. You think you might see somebody?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think you're gonna get the dress rehearsal. But we'll talk to Matt Barrow. Social is usually the second to last, but now there's only three. Well, especially because now there's that weak gap in between. How there's no preseason game of the week before flying out, so maybe this is the dress order.
Speaker 5: Let's do this, Let's get the clock right. We went along with Kaype. It was fun, and we'll talk to Matt Barrows.
Speaker 2: Oh just laughing. Two to nine.
Speaker 6: Give us a quick reminder that don't forget about the Brandon Ayuk memes and jokes as part of this off season disaster as well.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I was ready to move on from BA.
Speaker 5: Did he check in yesterday?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 6: No, I think there were some fake tweets going around, but nothing confirmed that I know from BA.
Speaker 2: I'll have to check again. I don't follow him anymore.
Speaker 5: Oh boy, you're gonna beat the Rams after all this. We'll see Matt Barrows from the Athletic talking forty nine ers. Next on the Esports Leader