Speaker 1: It's dirty work on a Tuesday afternoon, filthiest day of the week. Adam Copeland deep pop and look who's on the board for us today. You heard it in the open. It's the old open right, one night and one night only, Tim Webster one after deciding a full show, Yeah, I'll take it. Though. All it took was for like Danny to be gone, some other part timers to be off, and then also uh overnight Dave to get sick.
Speaker 2: So we got Tim Webb bet so one.
Speaker 1: Show was an act of God, the act of God, dude. Yeah, we got a short show for you today with you until four oh five for Giants pregame Giants and the Texas Rangers from Texas five oh five first pitch a four oh five pregame. Buster Posey met with the media and we, uh, we're gonna meet with each other and talk about it. Yes, it's gonna hang out. We also have, of course, because he's here, a special edition of Tim's Tuesday. Oh yeah, yeah, Tim's gonna be when we're not doing it. Oh yeah, for this for quite some time, when Danny would fill in and then we'd do we do Danny's double dips, right and you're saved for one more week where you don't have to do that. Or are we gonna do like Jacob's deal somebody?
Speaker 2: No, No, we're doing Kyle's Horrors.
Speaker 1: I don't know. We'll figure out Kyle Kyle's Killer Lemonade or something. Yeah, maybe I tried to drop that line on him. That's how that's how much older we're getting.
Speaker 2: He doesn't know super Bad.
Speaker 1: He didn't know Kyle's Killer Lemonade from Superbad. Come on, dude, that's pretty know what. But I'm gonna have to look forward anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think next year. That movie's twenty years old.
Speaker 1: Yeah, came out when I was a senior, right afa I graduated high schooler. Oh yeah, but Tim's back. Yeah, Tim's back. Tim's old than dust ude. Well yeah, as I've told you before, Tim's older than the Dirty Sleep set. Yeah.
Speaker 3: You should hurt merd today getting hot and bothered about Madonna eighty three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the thing I endorsed it, dude, I endorsed Murph talking about his material from when he was when he was becoming to be growing up to be a man. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he's leaning the league in time off, I thought, dude, Murph is he this GE's impressive.
Speaker 2: Though, I'm not knocking it's impressive.
Speaker 1: It's at the boat was putting a vacation, like Steph Curry three pointers.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: The guy's like, so he.
Speaker 2: Just came back from San Diego and now he's going on vacation again.
Speaker 1: And I think he was gone for what you like in Ireland for a while. He dropped his kid off and just pants and eyes. He dropped his kid off at at the at the Navy or something. What do you mean, just dropp him at the coast somewhere. I guess I think it's I was just drive through the water and then go ahead, take care of that. Yeah, go open that straight, figure that out for me. Uh, Murph's off again. Yeah, I heard him. He was here today for two days and he's like, all right, catch you guys later, just in time to react to the trade deadline and Posy Yeah good deal. I like want to get into his buster. Posey spoke to the to the media today. Tim, how's it feel? Man? Is this It's funny because we're like, oh, dude, Tim's back, But it also just means like a longer shift, right, Yeah, for two minutes it's just like.
Speaker 3: Working more, you know what I mean, you know, when the opportunity arose for this, but they were like, you're gonna get an extra two hours.
Speaker 1: I was like, gee, thanks, good.
Speaker 4: But it's nice to have people in the studio because j D and Greg silver Red But yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Know, so they did. They did a lot of cow chat today, which was fun. But there's that lull. What I haven't really gotten my head around is it during the mid days there is a lull where there is no one here. Yeah, and so having some warm bodies is kind of nice.
Speaker 1: See good, Yeah you too, man. Well, yeah, I'm gonna get my feels right, I'm gonna get my lion's share at tim pretty it's coming off. The Niners is cranked it up. Soon, groove in the car ready for We're We're a week from uh Thursday is the first preseason game, but we're nine days away.
Speaker 2: From h Robert Sollas Tennessee Titans coming.
Speaker 1: To town, as I've been calling them. In relation to the Golden Yeah, because I've always thought Golden State was pretty. It was a pretty lame way to go about it, Like like I didn't love California Angels, but I thought Anaheim was better or not even in La County, you know. I mean, not that the Nyers play in San Francisco, played in the San Francisco Bay area, but I always thought Golden State was pretty whack, especially because you, like, you played in San Francisco. I never and you were in Oakland, which was also a major city, you know what I mean? Like that, I didn't I didn't understand ever as a kid. So I've started calling the Titans the uh the Volunteer State Titans. That's what's what I'm going that's accurate.
Speaker 4: So yeah, it starts a week from Thursday, where Tim's drive you down to Levi's.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, that's our that's our only home preseason game this year. Just nice, by the way, we'll talk about it later. But the Rams flying into Australia the day before, by that, I.
Speaker 4: Kind of like that, man, it's the Derek Papa way to travel internationally.
Speaker 1: Yeah, He's like, we don't even know who's playing baby dude, who's gonna spend more time on their trip, the Rams to Australia or Derek when he went to run.
Speaker 4: That's a fourteen hour flight and they are just going the day before and then leaving right afterwards.
Speaker 1: Oh I've been not that quickly. No, they're gonna spend more time in the air than they will have in astress.
Speaker 4: All of you mocked me for that, being like, oh, you spend three days in Italy.
Speaker 2: Sean mcvayh thinks the same way I do.
Speaker 1: Dude, the NFL the arrogance of an NFL coach. That can just be like bodyclock. Look, we're looking at body clock. Body clock's good, but we're more concerned with the real clock. And the thing is when time you look at time, it's really about gravity. It's a flat circle. We figure body clock's a flat circle too. We're trying to make that game clock a flat circle. Seere what we can do on defense, and you know, we're looking for a lot of fun and uh, you know, f sleep F them picks, F those hours asleep not a big deal for us. Yeah, pretty ACU. That's kind that's kind of how I think mcvay's gonna do it.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: Plus he's not even really care once Aaron Donald signs that deal.
Speaker 4: Did you see over the weekend someone asked him to give his body language, his facial expressions on if Aaron Donald's gonna come and he's such a goof too. They were like, so, what's your confidence that Aaron Donald's coming back?
Speaker 1: He goes, Dude, I gotta tell you, I've never been so frustrated, like I like when Mookie Bets got traded to the Dodgers. That just upset me because you like, because I love watching mooki Bets play. Yeah, guy's a blast. I don't I love watching show Heyotani play. You know what I don't love now? Watching show Heotani play that much? It's not cute anymore.
Speaker 2: What about Trek Scuble now?
Speaker 1: I mean, like, I like, I love watching school pitch, but pitchers are still different. It was, it's more like the spectacle that he's showed Heyo Tani, where he'd throw one hundred miles an hour and he'd hit a ball one hundred miles an hour and hit five hundred feet, like when he was an angel. As I said to Rod Brooks when you were out of town for three days in uh Italy, Italy, I said, dude, if I could go back and like change one thing to have happened that that didn't really affect me in sports, but I want to change Yeah, but I got to like make sure the Angels got a tani. He's kept o tani because I was like, there's the most harmless place he could be, right, like, like we don't have to watch him hurt anybody. We can watch him put up just meaningless numbers that nobody's ever put up before. We're like, look at how cool that is, dude, And that's stupid tea done in anah. It doesn't make any sense, no big deal. But now he was out here like now he's infringing on my happiness and my pleasure in getting I don't get to enjoy his career in the same way because he's a Dodger.
Speaker 4: But you have to change like the whole philosophy. Who's an ardy Moreno, the old current owner still right, Lady.
Speaker 1: Marina is still there. He remember he put up a petition to say he was going to sell the team. And at first he said he was going to sell the team. Then he said, you know how to change my mind because everybody got stoked about it. Everybody was super hyped that he was going to sell the team.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you have to change his thought process where it's like you should invest in a team that's good, he goes.
Speaker 1: Now, come on, I think they made the offer to Atani. Also think they did. Yeah, they tried to, but it's like you should have They should have traded it. He should have traded him. My point here is like I didn't like. I didn't like. I really liked watching those guys play before they went to the Dodgers. Now I'm like miffed about them being doed. Of course, that same with like when when Jeff Kent left, I was like, I love been being a giant. Didn't like when he left and he talked smack and then he went to l am like, yeah, forget this. Same with Jason Schmidt. I was so heartbroken when Jason Schmidt said that's rough. But then he barely played and it was okay, you know, I mean ended up being a great contract in terms of how much money he took and how lookful as a Dodge, how little he contributed. The difference with me and Sean McVay is he didn't never coach anywhere else where. He was a part of my lexicon or in my life right. He was an assistant in other places. Yeah, but it's not like you're getting front facing Sean McVay all the time before he became the head coach of the Rams. Yeah, and now that he's like developed this like persona where first he's just the young sort of like as screw this guy, let's see if you can get it done whatever, turn things around quick, he becomes this this whiz kid, this wonder kid type of coach. Yeah. And now to me, he's just like he's like a baby Gruden in the term, like not in the personality per se, but in the charisma, in the absolute positivity. He's like he's like a Harbond and Gruden had a baby almost. To me, yeah, Like he's.
Speaker 4: The complete opposite of Kylee Shanahan and press conferences Wherekyle just wants to get through.
Speaker 1: It, I can't wait to yeah, where he's like riffing. He's like constantly positive everyone things are going terrible for.
Speaker 4: And he's been on record saying I hate the mid game interview where selman Fay's like, yeah, you know, we played.
Speaker 2: Well the first time, blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: These interviews are hard. They're hard enough. Best it is, you gotta do it in game. I felt for you. I feel bad lot. I just figure we'reing this together. I'm a team guy, You're a team guy. We try to get through it. Man. Yeah. By the way, we need to bring back hosk You any questions anything I like to know for he would what do you want for dinner? What are you thinking about after the game?
Speaker 2: By the way, we need to bring back coach speak.
Speaker 1: There we go. We would have I.
Speaker 4: Mean, like, did you see this whole thing with Liam Cohen being but heard that the Jaguars don't get enough publicity And he's like, yeah, I see Caleb Williams on NFL dot Com all the time.
Speaker 1: Hold on, hold on, Colin, you're the most wins, like since ninety nine as a franchise last year. You're upset.
Speaker 2: But he loves playing that car.
Speaker 1: This reminds me exactly of when Jim Rome had his TV show in ESPN Rome and he would just run through topics, like you know on PTI when they've got like the list of topics next to him, of course, and they just run through just peppers through the rundown. Rome would like start his show like that, or he'd do like a Rome. He would like just like blaze somebody right, you'll be on fire, so he'd just give like a quick quip and everything. And there was one who was the year that Hawaii was like eleven or zero with Colt Brennan at quarterback, I know five, two thousand and six to six somewhere in there. Yeah, so he goes, uh remember because that's when we started the BCS championship course. And so while Hawaii defeated, I think they might have been the only endefeater or one of the only other undefeateds, one of the top two, and they did. It's like when Coastally Carolina named themselves national championship. So I'm like, you can they did. Yeah, you don't remember that they gave out rings. Oh yeah, we'll go back to two thousand and seven. Okay, that was seven for the Colt Brennan team with Hawaii. So uh Brennan. Yeah, Brennan was like vocal about and dude, he's a college kid. He's like, yeah, man, we just get to play for the national title. It's not our fault they schedule these games. We just play who's in front of us. So they never got renked higher than like, I don't know, let's I don't even know, maybe number eight nine, where were they tim Maybe you can find it. They never got ranked like in the top two to be a BCS contender, right right, Yeah, So Rome is talking about her and he goes Colt Brennan, you're wondering why Hawaii doesn't get a shot out the national championship. First of all, you're Hawaii, and if your argument, and then he moves on to like the next bit, that's kind of where I'm out. I'm like, Collen, you want more, you want more attention for the Jags. First of all, you're the Jags. End of your argument, You've got to continue to put up numbers and you got to continue to win. Plus you're in Jacksonville. Your owner like lobbied to play games overseas so you could be the top team in London.
Speaker 4: By the way, and in the bowl game they faced number four Georgia. You know the final out come of that like thirty eight to three, forty one to ten. Yeah, dude, they got rolled.
Speaker 1: I didn't play anybody that year. They got rolled San Jose State. I remember that who they played. I played Festival or something. Uh no, it was a Sugar Bowl. It was a Share Bowl. Yeah. Oh, they played Georgia. Y Yeah, but they played SA was a state in New Mexico state state. Yeah, that's about it. And if your argument Cohen Yry Collen's pissed that the Bears are getting run, it's the Chicago Bears. Now, there are teams in sports that get unbelievable run nationally and on the national talk shows regard like the Bears were gonna get talked about whether Caleb Williams was playing in Chicago. They are the Bears. I mean, it's did we watch have do we watched this prior to this season? New York Knicks get run all the time. Yeah, Cowboys haven't won up but an MFY championship game in how.
Speaker 2: Uh nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 2: I mean it was warranted because they went to the playoffs last year.
Speaker 1: But said that, regardless what I'm saying, regardless of the Cowboys are going to be talked about, The Lakers will be talked about, the Celtics will be talked about, the Nicks will be talked about. These are teams that it doesn't really matter how good they are, They're going to be like like Marquis Franchis, the Bulls don't still get talked about a bunch.
Speaker 2: No, they get no run no because Michael Jordan.
Speaker 1: But they're not at the NFL. No, it's different.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think it's just funny.
Speaker 4: Liam Cohen's like, how come they're not talking about this like Aaron Rodgers just Nam McAfee.
Speaker 2: How come they're not bringing this stuff up on the network?
Speaker 1: All right? Dirty? Yes, Rogers bitching about the same stuff, dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're gonna Fauci and Diana Rossidia.
Speaker 1: I'm like, what'd you expect due to fucking Fauci on ESPN? By the way, what did you think Rogers thought of Fauci?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 1: I mean, I didn't need Rogers take on it. We all knew what you thought.
Speaker 2: Bro, I'm surprised.
Speaker 4: But he's like, how come the network's not bringing up Fauci like ESPN's talking about Fauci.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Rogers looks at Coverd the way I look at his wife. Neither exists anyway? Canby our four one, five, five sixty seven is the number to call and the number de text where we come on back? More from Buster Posey spoke on the Giants Big Trade deadline. Here's the question I've got for callers and for listeners what's the one thing Buster made crystal clear this trade deadline? If you can pull anything away from this trade deadline, what's the one thing he made crystal clear? We'll get to your calls. We'll talk about that next. Plus, Tim is back for a half show, a short show. It only took like eight people being out for him to get here. But we are going to do Tim's Tuesday takes in trivia. It's Tim the whole Man Web on a Tuesday on The Sports Leader.
Speaker 6: Now back to Dirty Work. Adam Copeland and Derek pop.
Speaker 1: On K and B R one oh, four, five and six eighty am The Sports Leader. Dirty Work on a Tuesday afternoon, filthiest day of the week. Sure you know yet to the weekend. You're far from the last one. So they got Humpday ahead of you. And that's why we're here for you in Dirty Work. Hell yeah, we are. Thanks to the film for tuning in. Tim. Tim's hanging out with us for the day, which is a lot of fun. Who's with us the rest of the week? We got we got oh do you know?
Speaker 6: Tim?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: No, Kyle Horror, I think tomorrow and then Thursday, No rast with us back tomorrow then it's Kyle Horror on Thursday, and then we get a double dose of chips and horror on Friday.
Speaker 1: Good. Chips and horror sounds good. I'm not sure what cuisine that is. Ships and hars sounds delicious. Roasted chips and horror. Chips and roasted horror. Yeah, I like that, all right, we asprey taste. We do have giants pregame at four oh five, and we will get into some of the stuff that happened today with Buster posey uh speaking of the media and given some more updates as to what happened yesterday. Six players traded off the big league roster and by the way, the lineup is out today, there's been a couple of guys called U. Buddy Kennedy's here, he's the DH today. I don't know what happened with Bryce Elders got an up date for one. They didn't tell us because Elders was in there yesterday. Nate Furman in there, and then you had to I think that's his name.
Speaker 4: And then so he's got a left thumb bruise after getting jammed a few times last week. He said the planets for him to start at first base tomorrow. He's also available to run any night if they need.
Speaker 1: Is stolen bad right, So nothing huge for for Bryce Eldridge, but dealing with the thumb Brews also, uh, we got this do guy Eddie's Leonard?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah?
Speaker 1: In their left field, it's gonna be a lot of new guys. I was signed, uh I guess by the Dodgers like seven years ago. He was still only twenty five years old. Giants that acquire, and he's been in the miners. He's only played a handful of games in Sacramento, and I saw he was only hit maybe only like six or eight games or something like that in Sacramento. He's only hitting a buck forty three, only has four hits, but all four our home runs. Not bad. So he's in there's five to eleven. He's got some bat speed, apparently, can play all over the nfield. He's in there left field today. So we'll talk more about that and just a bit. But the question I'm asking really is what's the one thing you think Buster made crystal clear at this trade deadline? And I wrote that a couple of things.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I'll run these by.
Speaker 1: You tell me what you think I got one do we might I give mine real quick. Yeah, sure, my list is longer than one.
Speaker 4: Well, I figured, yeah, But what was was abundantly clear yesterday was pitching is the future.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wrote he values pitching. Yep, that's that's one thing, and I'm gonna ask you these, but I wrote that one down was something that I totally agree with, that he values pitching, because I think it's important note that, because even as recently as yesterday, we had callers saying, for a guy who won these championships with all this pitching, he should know how important it is to develop pitching and black a lot of I don't think he doesn't believe that. I think he absolutely knows that. The difference in that philosophy with how he operated the team was that he came in and he poured money into spots on the roster that were needed. And I think we all felt exiting the far Han era that there were so many guys that they missed out on or did not lock up long term or superstar like cornerstone players. I think he just pigeonholed himself into having too many eggs in one basket. It didn't work out. And here's the other thing that I believe to be true. No matter what is said, there's no belief I think for any of us that they don't have a budget, that he was not given a number. And I think when he says that, even if he's being truthful to some extent, I think he knows, yeah, we can go over if a certain guy becomes available. But that's not saying we were being willing to go over budget for one special occasion. If you say, hey, this month, we're not spending X, Y and Z on your personal budget. We're not eating out, we're not at restaurants, we're not going to do anything extra curricular. We're spending weekends at home. But then your buddy calls and goes, hey, I got engaged. We're having a party. You're like, all right, special occasion, we'll make an exception. That's not being willing to get that's not over budget type spending. The Dodgers are willing to take a risk and overspend and give up prospects and do things that nobody else is. I think other teams are capable of doing, but other teams are not willing to do, or because the Dodgers have so much success that have been so financially stable are in a position where they can handle and accept the blows more than other teams can. Right, the Giants aren't willing to go over even though their ballparks paid off and so on and so forth. I would say that so when Buster's like, no, I wasn't given a budget, Greg Johnson also made it clear they weren't going to give long term contracts to pitchers. Yeah, right, so we kind of knew, like, how can those two things go hand at hand? So with the way the roster was constructed, I think we all thought, Okay, they went really big budget on the back end of this rotation and clearly on the bullpen, really signing nobody of significance Henches and fully we're like the only two they gave deals too. So I think he's showing that he does still value pitching. And in concert with that I wrote that he values organizational depth. I think he knows that, Like, look, they keep acquiring shortstops, they keep acquiring high talent, big athletic type players at a really young age in the international pool and in the regular draft class. And they've also now made a strong commitment this year and last to pitching. Right, to at least add that, because that's not something. In Caller yesterday it says it's great they've hadded this pitching, but they're not proving they can develop it. Yeah, the last regime didn't really, but this regime is going to go about it. I would hope differently because you know that they value it in a different way, and I think they've gone about that. Okay, here's another one I wrote down. Did he make clear to you that nobody's safe?
Speaker 4: Yes, not like a Crystal Clear, But I think his answer yesterday saying well, we're going diamond Clarity.
Speaker 1: It's not top of the line, but it's pretty good. It's got a yellow tint.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: You know, while we were wrapped up in the moment of all the trades happening in real time, I may have overreacted being like, wow, they're really like changing things here. It's really more of a pivot, a a pivot than a rebuild where there's a lot of guys on this roster. I mean there's also the big the big time contracts, but it's easier said than done to move off of those guys. So I think it's gonna be a mix of Yes, I still want to see what we can have out of these guys that are still on the team, as far as Junghuli, Willia Damas, Raphael Devers and Matt Chapman.
Speaker 1: But I wouldn't.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna hesitate in the off season to pull the trigger on another move. So yes, by him saying we let teams know that everybody was available, I still think he could revisit trades with Logo Web and all the guys I just mentioned.
Speaker 1: Did he did he make crystal clear to you that he isn't sentimental?
Speaker 2: I'm not sure that was made clear yesterday.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, I look, the Elliott Ramos one is the one move that you would hit on that you say that, But it's not like there's a huge sentiment from him. I also like, I don't seemingly they've had a good player in return. But again, these are all just prospects. Prospects are great, Yes, all they are is potential, and potential is unlimited until it's realized, right, right, So it's all just everything can look great at SAWS. Susan Selester says she talked to a scout yesterday. We said the Giants cleaned up right, and I was like cool, that's great that scouts feel that way, but scouts get most things wrong, right, That's t evidence by how few guys get to the major league. So not that they're wrong that they shouldn't be pros, but like who knows until that guy gets to the major leagues has other players adjust to their adjustments and they've got to figure it out again, like can they have sustained big league careers? And being a really good player doesn't mean an All Star, doesn't mean you'll ever get back what you had in Elliott Ramos. But I do think he's proven, hey, just because of the feelings, like let me rephrase it, because I'm with you. I don't think he proved he's not sentimental. But I do think Buster showed that he's willing to make decisions that are maybe not the most popular if he believes they're right. Right.
Speaker 2: Well, he showed that a year ago when his former teammate Late Night lamon.
Speaker 1: Lamon is df fade so fair enough and.
Speaker 2: He reflected on that a little bit.
Speaker 4: But also, like when I was listening to the audio this morning of Buster posey, I was kind of expecting him to be like, yeah, Elie Ramos, you know, an All Star for us, you know, all the moments he had in the last few years, but he really just didn't care to bring that up.
Speaker 2: He kind of just looked looked as usual.
Speaker 4: So I don't I think he's just kind of that guy where he's going to focus on the trades and more the people that were part of the organization. I don't think you proved that yesterday. I think he's just he's ready to move on, and he shows that he's willing to do that with anybody right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me ask you this. Did he make clear yesterday that he has a long term vision? Yes. I think that's an important one too, because that's all I said was I wanted direction, and I think he's proven that while we knew his short term vision was right now, right now, it's time to go. We saw those major league changes. Yeah, last year, I think he showed, hey, there is a vision for the future and it is about pitching and athleticism.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I based on what he's tried to pack the system with.
Speaker 4: I believed him when he was introduced a couple of years ago when he said he wanted to compete with the Dodgers, and I think at that time, he was like, Okay, I'm going to build a team that's going to challenge them. I want to go get Ravel devers Ad before the trade deadline. But since that time, I think he's realized. I keep talking about the evaluation season of last year. I think he looked at the entire roster. I think he looked at what he had and a manager in Bob Melvin, and thought to himself, you know what, I'm not sure they're as good as I thought they were. So I'm gonna get a college coach in here, the guy that I trust in, a guy I believe in. But if we need to pivot where it's a much younger roster, then I think that he can take the reins here and he can show you know, what he's good at by building a team with you know, young guys knowing to go out there to the college ranks and finding talent there. So I think it's where the next few years we're gona see a mix of him trying and still compete with a lot of guys on this roster still that making big time money, but at the same time, he won't hesitate to pull the trigger to make a move.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's interval, and we'll see what happens with the coaching staff. Not that there's changes coming. I don't believe this offseason if I Tello, But I do wonder, like everything we're talking about with these young players coming up, that's still like twenty I'm looking forward to twenty twenty eight and nine to see what these guys may be capable of. But I don't know what twenty twenty seven holds. And is Towny Vitello still the right guy for like where they are now, Like is he the right manager for this group of players. I don't know, because I really do think that's a fit thing. Let's go to the phone lines at eight Oa camb Are four pint five eight to eight, five six two seven. Hank is in the East Bay. What up, Hank? You're on the Sports Leader.
Speaker 8: Hey guys, would you guys think of the trade deadline? Thumbs up or thumbs down?
Speaker 2: I guess thumbs up to actually like make some moves here.
Speaker 1: It's hard to like it's I won't say like incomplete, because they made I think they did the right thing. I think, like philosophically they did the right thing. I almost want to ask the question if you're going to do as much as you did, why was anybody off limits?
Speaker 5: Why?
Speaker 1: Why was it mostly restricted to guys who were expiring contracts or relievers or ancillary pieces Like I almost was like, if you're gonna go in for a penny, go in for a pound and make everybody available and try to flip a bunch like that would have been my idea of getting into a full rebuild, even if you have those three big contracts. I don't hate. I philosophically like what they did. I like what they got back on paper, but there's no way of knowing if it was good or bad.
Speaker 8: From my perspective, I look at it like, you know, outside of a ballpark opening or like a playoff World Series run, you'd never seen thirty eight thousand game for a team fifteen hundred, five hundred. I thought we should have kept the band together because I felt like they had like the fifth element.
Speaker 1: You know, And what do you mean? I think it's Doug Bruce Willis movie good, great, great, Chris Tucker movie. Yeah, Yeah, I love that. Yeah.
Speaker 8: What I mean is that, you know, to get thirty eight thousand a night with fifteen under that's very difficult to do and to do that you have to have an extremely likable group of players. And I would have kept it together because you know, people don't realize. You know, people talk about Robbie Thompson and Will Clark, Matt Williams, Kevin Mitchell, those guys had brutal years, brutal and and but people, but we still love those guys. So pause, and I just think that, you know that we're developing a real sick culture like some Rolling Stones grateful, and I think it was just real silly. But I don't have the financials, so yeah, Well here's.
Speaker 1: What's interesting, though, dude, is like this, what I'm seeing yesterday hand is like I did inter keep the band together? I disagree. I think you had to make the moves you make because eighteen under. They were eighteen under going into yesterday's game, right or I think that's where they were at eighteen games hunder before they got the win last night. So what I would say is like the thirty five thousand who are showing up to the ballpark, God bless them, the Giants love them. They're they're lining in their pockets. I mean they're showing up, they're spending money because going to the ballpark is a spectacle and it's a place to be. It's an event, it's a place to hang out. But those aren't the thirty five thousand die hard Those aren't. Those aren't the people that like, if you were a fan base elsewhere there was a bigger football team here, there was something else going on. I can't tell you that that or that ballpark was the Oakland Coliseum. It's not how people would feel because there it didn't really matter how much they won. People still weren't showing up with that clip because ownership didn't seem to care about the fan base. Like, I'm not going to put that on the team, but what I will say is, like there's seven of the nine guys that started this year's that we would call the best nine guys in the lineup right now. Seven of those guys are going to be in the lineup next year and for the remainder of this season. Raphael Devers, Bryce Elders, Casey Schmidt's out, but he'll be back next year as well. Jung Houli played last night. Susak will be out there, correct, not Korea, Willia Damas, Matt Chapman, Like these are all pretty much the same dudes that'll be there. Barrakoto is still going to be around, Like you've got all these players that were here this year. The guys that gave up were mostly bullpit arms and to expire in contract, you might have been gone anyway. So I'm not really not really all that concerned about keeping it together. Plus, you can't keep together in eighteen under you can and then expect the fans to keep showing up next year and do the same thing over and over. So I pursued the call, but I disagree to some extent.
Speaker 4: No, I mean to run it back, like I get it, like you enjoy this team to some extent because they're fun at times and they have a bunch of Grand Slams, But that would be for an office meal practice and not doing anything of the trade deadline. And also you know yesterday, yes I was caught up in and be like, oh, this is a teardown, not really, like Andy Begley put it pretty well today on the Morning Show, being like, it's not a complete rebuild, Like if they were going to rebuild, they would have traded Logan Web.
Speaker 2: And he makes a great point at the trade deadline with what Trek.
Speaker 4: Scooble went for They probably could probably could have got something better for Logan Web with the trade deadline, but Buster Posey maybe he didn't.
Speaker 2: But in the end, but he stays on the team.
Speaker 4: So I think what we come away from yesterday is that, yes, changes need to be made, and it's tough to see Elliott Ramos go with the potential that he has. But it's not a complete rebuild. It's you know, trading away expiring contracts. But also there could be more moves on the horizon. But yes, Buster Posey prioritizes pitching going forward for this team.
Speaker 1: All Right, we gotta take a quick break. We'd have pregame Giants and the Texas Rangers four oh five pre game for a five or five first pitch? Do we want do we want to hear from Buster? We want to we want to stick with Giants or you think we want to jump into some football. Let's you know what, Giants the story today. Let's let' let's stick with that for a little bit. It's rare. I say that, but wow, I know, tim My, how things have changed. I know, right, I go away for a couple of months and now you're a baseball guy. So what do you want to do? What do you think we should do next?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Tim's the guest. Wow, I think he should stay with the Giants. I think you should hear from bushro Okay, all.
Speaker 1: Right, dude, we got sound from Ricky pearsall or some audio about Ricky Pierce. So no, I'm kidding to take it to our opinions account at all. I didn't care at all. I'm doing what I want to do. When we come on the show tomorrow, we'll come on back. It's whatever Derek wants. More Giants talk on these sparks, Dallas Mootie, Pass thirty work on a Tuesday afternoon, Adam Copeland, Deep Pop, Tim Webban, get out with you by way. Danny's out in Chicago right.
Speaker 2: He is trying to get us a souvenir.
Speaker 1: He did Texas and say he got a souvenirs already?
Speaker 2: Did you want to get like a little bean there?
Speaker 1: I think I think he showed us. Uh he went to the bean. Yeah, and he and he went to like the gift shop till he gave you a toy bean. Tell you what I been to the bean. Didn't even know there was a gift shop. Yeah, I want to buy being Yeah. No, he remember he was gonna get us a sponge that was a beam Remember it was like it was like a dish sponge. Got a funny sponge? Yeah, yeah, not the ones for sex. I felt up. He got a sponges.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's the last episode and he's like, uh, yeah, she was buying sponges, not the one he cleaned with one for sex.
Speaker 1: Game be ours number to call the number of text not on sponges on the Giants the Giants trade down line. Let's go to J Jay's helos. Got I she's been waiting on the line. Jay, what's up, dude? You're on the Sports Leader.
Speaker 7: Hey, how's it going?
Speaker 1: Uh? Pretty good, dude.
Speaker 7: Hey, I'm on a Giant season ticket older and uh yeah, I'm kind of upset that I got my invoice and the price went up again for next year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then it did. Okay.
Speaker 7: My thing is I got a question that no one's really been talking. All Right, guys, two years from now, Tony D's contracts up, we're sixty.
Speaker 5: Five and ninety seven eight. Do you resign him? And that's the last year of logan webs. Does he walk and want to go to.
Speaker 7: A team to give title potentially.
Speaker 5: I agree, Well, here's the thing.
Speaker 1: If things aren't improved as like by next year, I think it's on the table. Logan Web could be moved at the deadline, and same to say in twenty twenty eight, like you're talking about walking unless they offer him an extension between now and then, which I think is still on the table. I think it's maybe something that they'd want to do. I would think so. But it like if he doesn't sign an extension and his contract is expired, I wouldn't expect him to be here if the team is still floundering now, if nothing improves, or you're still under five hundred and two years, unless you're you've got a trajectory. Like the way I would think about it, Jay is like you go back to Bochi gets hired in two thousand and seven, right, and he's there to like usher out the Bonds era. So Bochi's they're no. Seven, they're no good, Oh eight, they're no good, but oh nine. Bochi goes into that season as a lame duck manager with no contract after that year. But they win eighty eight games and they missed the playoff. But they won eighty eight. You've got to have some trajectory or some upswing. They can't keep floundering or toiling in mediocrity or worse and then have a guy get renewed. That's bad optic, That looks bad on the whole organization. So the question is, if they haven't improved in twenty twenty eight, I would ask, like, what does next year look like? And if if it's not improved, why are we still sitting there in twenty twenty eight with the same situation. So it's not I mean, we can't project two years out, but if things are this bad or around this bad in two years, I don't know why anybody would still be here.
Speaker 5: I didn't like the Higher. I really didn't. I played college ball and I didn't get drafted. But if I got drafted and was blessed to play in the major leagues, I would want my manager to be able to tell me how it was for him going through the minors or in the majors, what he did durnis slump, or what he saw with fellow major league players. He can't tell them that. So that was my thing with the Higher. I didn't like it.
Speaker 1: I hear you man, I totally appreciate that, Jay, thanks for the call.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean that's more than fair.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's what it's what anybody who ever says, ah, that person's too young for this job, or they don't understand they haven't lived long enough. Really, that's just what it's about, right, It's about living through enough experiences that you can have empathy with somebody else or compassion to understand, even if it's not identical to say, I can remember a time I was in a situation like that that I can put myself in your shoes. And I'm talking I'm talking bigger picture of life more than i'm talking just baseball, right, But I understand all that now to your point that you're making. And murphastbustered this question when he was on a couple of weeks ago. He said, do you think and he goes, I'm just asking in general, do you think, Like, not to take anything away from relationships with guys now on the roster, but he said, do you think Tony would be better suited with a really young roster just being that those are guys maybe he's more comfortable around in terms of their development, Like I think It's impossible to answer that directly, but if that really was the plan, this would be a weird situation to bring Tony into since you didn't come into the season with a really young roster. You didn't come into the season with a bunch of guys at the major league level or close to it to be developed. So if the plan was for that to happen in three years, it is odd then that it happened right now with this hire. But that meant that Buster thought this was the right guy for this team and for the future. Yeah, but that was a changing culture, And that's the question I keep asking, is what culture has evolved or changed under Vitello. I'd say to his point, nothing.
Speaker 4: Well, I would say for I mean, not that it's cemented, but I think Tony Vitel is coming back next year and that that he gets a pass for the rest of this season. He has to show some growth next year as well. But I think it's also where Buster realized, if this team is not good and I need to pivot and make this team younger, closer to a college team than Tony Vitel is the right guy for this now. Can he connect to veterans that's the biggest question. That was my biggest thing coming into the season, along with managing a bullpen. But like, can you relate to Rafield Devers. He could go on, you know, a trip with Willia Domisa jung wu Lei, but can he relate to those veterans. And that's maybe the human aspect of it, But as far as like an inexperienced, you know, college coach, that's going to be tough. So I think that Buster wanted his cake and eat it two where this guy is good enough, I just want him on my team. But if it's going to be where we have to change things up, I feel comfortable that he can relate to college players.
Speaker 1: This cake and to eat at Pew like Florence we're talking about yes, yes, sitting in that bathtub and Spider Man, you got a Russian bath dude that she called her office. It's not a coming out.
Speaker 2: Did she take a visit?
Speaker 1: She made him strip down. She's like, hey, come on, yeah, it is underwear. Yeah, but she's like you gotta get in and he's like, you won't take the mask.
Speaker 2: But it's it's because she doesn't want to see if he has weapons or anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, She's like, that's why you gotta get it. You've seen it. No, I haven't. I just you know, people don't know this one scene with Flora's play in the bathroom, in the bathroom, let's move on, all right, dude, what are you getting your murph on with Madonna eighty three? And come on? He's like Florence Pugh twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: I can't tell you what's on my for you page.
Speaker 1: Dirty Laundry, But Italy gave me our four and five away five sixty seven. Everybody our care for talking Niners? Now everybody can we haven't played the audio yet either. All right, we'll play some Buster at we can find. Dude, fine, do.
Speaker 6: You know me? Man?
Speaker 1: Dude?
Speaker 2: How about Jones in the Talks of Giants?
Speaker 1: Derek legit? Can I show behind the scenes? Can I tell what happened with our interaction earlier? Sure? Derek text me before the show, like, and I was still at home. He goes, do you think we should Giants for like the whole first hour? Do you think we should go like react to Buster a bit and then we can jump into some some Niner stuff? And I said, did you know me? I'm a football guy? I'm like football through and through. I've always been a football guy. Yeah, that kid that's were like righting off scores and Derek was like, yeah, we're going right into Fine, we'll talk some football. Heauess I'm a football guy too for sure. Now this guy's clamoring for more baseball. Well, so you'll hear from Buster posey because Derek wants, nay demands you do.
Speaker 2: Hey, come on, all right, I give the people what they want.
Speaker 1: Is that what they want? I think today tomorrow is a different story. I thought I was. I thought that was what I want. Thought that's why you asked me. I just wanted your opinion. Literally, nobody's responding to you but me. Right now. You only have my opinion to hear. But you're still taking what you think? What line say? What's YouTube saying? You check it out? Man, I don't know. You gotta read them all four O wa checks itu. Well yeah, dude, they're all checking it on giants because we're talking giants. Yeah, I know. We'll hear from Buster next and then we'll get into Ah, why don't we maybe we do a split segment. What if we start with Buster and then if we are if We're like, if you and I are really struggling, we're like floundering for things to talk about. What's happened. Sometimes we'll jump into some nine. Yeah, if we can, are we if we don't tell anybody, we do it. We just shift the middle of the segment. I think we can pull it off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you just feel like transition, all right, So you'll hear way, you'll.
Speaker 1: Hear from Buster poses how about this tease? Has Buster Posey proven he'll make the difficult choice even if it's not popular because he thinks it's smart. Also, maybe where does brock perty stand and Mike Sanders quarterback tears? All of that and more come on your way next. It's thirty work on a Tuesday. It's the filthiest day of the week and it's only here on these Sports Leader.
Speaker 6: Now back to dirty work. Adam Copeland and Derek Papa in the k nb R Casino Matrix Progressive Jackpots Studios Casino Matrix Progressive Jackpots are here. Where are you just drop in? Please play responsibly? Called one eight hundred Gambler.
Speaker 1: Thirty work on a Tuesday afternoon Outam Copeland, Deep Pop, Tim Webb hanging out with you mentioned Danny's out of town for the rest of the week. He is he gonna be at the Cubs Dodger game tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I believe well, we didn't get it. We need a weather report from Raff.
Speaker 1: Right Raf. Is that Schoobl's debut. We can ask him at four o'clock when he's here.
Speaker 2: Nice, Hey, come on bro, Hey, come on bro.
Speaker 1: We do have four or five Giants. Pregame for the Giants and the and the Texas Rangers, game two of a three game series. Mackenzie Gore gets to start tonight six and nine with a four seven seventy are beautiful, Blade Tidwell, Blade Tidwell called up. We have a summer at sixteen nine in there somewhere anywhere, sixty nine. I love it, dude, I love it, Blade Tidwell. Oh n O with a three point oh oh e ra. He'll get the start tonight for the Giants. Eight away came theres a number to call and a text, no Scoobl for tomorrow for the Dodgers. For Bumber Dan, Sorry, Danny, Bumber Uh let's out. Let's hear some of this sound here from Buster Posey. Is this from today, yesterday? Yesterday?
Speaker 2: This was the press conference that happened at three thirty of Ya Zoom.
Speaker 1: So we were talking yesterday. Somebody call then called it a fire sail, and I was like, I wouldn't go quite that far. Fire sale to me is like anything everything must go.
Speaker 2: I just think of David Cross and an arrested development.
Speaker 1: It's a fire sail. Tobias, dude, Tobias never knew it. Yeah, got there's georts Man, He's never knew great care naked man. Everybody joins the blue Man group too.
Speaker 2: He blew himself.
Speaker 1: I mean, the best church on the whole show. In my opinion, I think so he's by far as Tobias. And then and then don't forget his relationship with Carl weathers man life. You got stew going, he's like some meat on that bone.
Speaker 2: You take Bias, you will blow hard.
Speaker 1: You can get home boiling up. Throw throw some vegetables in there. You got your stet stew going. It's pretty good. Uh, here's Buster Posey. He was asked specifically yesterday if yeah, well, don't take you to Tom's kitchen for a stew update. Still put meat on that boat. You take this home, throw it in the pot at some broth the potato you got on my favorite. We did a segment because Tom mentioned one time, yeah, I'm going I'm making a stew on Friday, and we just checked through with him throughout the day, how's a stew going? And he that it was good and that's Tom. Update have a production team, do that, dude, that's so funny. Here's Buster Possy. He was asked specifically yesterday, after six trades off of the major league roster, would you call this a rebuild? Do you have a message to the fans? Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 9: I guess you can characterize it with how you want. I wouldn't necessarily say a rebuild. I mean, obviously we moved some some six major league players off of our roster today. I guess the messages we're not satisfied with the way that we've played this year in the last few years, and we're trying everything we can to to continue to build a product that that we can all be, uh, you know, excited to come and watch, and and that was really the goal. And this is can we even if we have to subtract a little bit now, can we potentially add some players that we think our fans are going to be excited about and hopefully wear a Giant's uniform for a long time.
Speaker 4: I would say this organization is allergic to the word rebuild, like he doesn't want to say that Larry bar a couple of weeks ago, so that. But you know what, when you tell fans are doing a rebuild, they get turned off. And I you know, we had a guy called in just a moment ago saying like, I want them to run it back. I like this team that's eighteen games below five hundred, and that's just male practice a Buster Posey. Yes, it's the right message. It's not a fire sale, like there's still a lot of guys on this roster still. But at the same time, he's like, it's not good enough, and I see value in Elie Ramos trading him away now and getting prospects back for him.
Speaker 2: Same thing with aspiring contracts. So it wasn't a.
Speaker 4: Huge rebuild yesterday. No, but there's still could be more moves on the horizon. When Buster Posey says, we told teams everyone's available right now, so you could see down the line with a trade, I'd be surprised if was Raphaeld Devers if Rafael Devers was moved later on, But I wouldn't be surprised if will you doomas Matt Chapman or Logo Weber moved in time?
Speaker 1: Interesting right enough to we were talking tobias from arrested development. We have more of tobias on the trade deadline.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, we're having a fire sale.
Speaker 1: Oh man, there's more. I myself would not call it a rebuild. No, a rebuilt would have been everything must go. It would have it would have been not limited to players who were expiring or just bullpen arms. Major pivot, major pivot. Yeah, no, you salute him, dude, how would you describe I wouldn't even I wouldn't even call it a major pivot. Again, aren't they going to come into next year with like seven dudes who were starting games? So? What the hell was yesterday? Then? It was a commitment to a new direction or a future plan for the Giants. It was using the assets you have to make sure you've got a future plan, because that's what we said. I said, did Buster make clear yesterday that he has a long term vision? I think that was a commitment to his long term vision and a commitment to organizational depth and admitting that there are some things here that need to be fixed. It's also telling us that go into the next year, the bullpen is going to look different, telling us the radiation is going to look different. Dude, I mean, that's that's what yesterday was. Doesn't say a lot about this team today, tells you where their focus is going to be going into twenty twenty seven, I would hope, because you don't have a choice. Now. We just watched you not build a bullpen for a year with these three big contracts. We just watched you not build the rotation for a year with these contracts and the guys who were stables here, So what are you gonna do for next year? So it's a retooling for next season, and it's also a focus on the vision for the future. That's how I see it.
Speaker 4: It also could be where the lineup is relatively the same, and it could be the same thing a year ago from now, where you hope they're better, but Buster says, we're below five hundred, it's time to trade.
Speaker 1: Chat to me, rebuild would be a pretty big cleaning of house, where like we're like seven of your starters next year are different guys. Okay, and you're like and you're like giving a lot of young guys. Yeah, you know what I mean, like working, That's that's what a trick. Like what did the White Sox do, Like they didn't have a bunch of contracts that were sitting on they like unloaded and said we'll eat it. Whatever. We're focused on the young cheap player right now. More from Buster here he is on on Logan Web's future with the team. So he's under contract through twenty twenty eight. Yes, And that's what I mean is like if you were going to rebuild, rebuild, you could still hold on the Web and trade a bunch of other things. But still I do question why he was an absolute hands off type of guy when he would have netted you the biggest return. And not to say you can't do it next Like there's there's reasonablyive his value if he pitches better at the start of next season, No, WBC would be even higher than it is right now. Even though you've got one lesson around the deal, here's a bust around Logan Web's future with the team.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean I don't think it's it's out of the realm of possibilities at all to think that we can we can be in contention. And Webby's a guy who's been around for a long time. He's a pros pro. Had a great conversation with him a couple of weeks ago and was just really enthused to see his enthusiasm about where he is at this point in his career and his understanding. I think of of what it's going to take as he's starting to rack up the years and the innings to continue to be pitching it an elite level, And was was just really encouraging just to hear I think how excited he was about the way his body was feeling. Feel like he had not to speak for him, but you know, making some changes with's the way he's doing some of his work, and just felt like his body was in a really good place. And he's He's a guy that I think we all see as somebody that can can mentor the next wave of pitchers that come through San Francisco. And yes, I do think that, you know, we we feel like there's still a chance, as bad as this year has been this year, that we can be a team that can be in contingent contention and to be in contenent.
Speaker 1: You gotta have an ace, and Logan Web is a true race. You know, I look at him that way. I really do view him in that higher regard or hold him in that higher regard. If if you were a betting man, would you and I and I offered you two wagers right now, would you be more likely to bet on what's more likely to happen Logan Web is at some point traded away from the Giants at some point in this contract, or he's signed to an extension. What would you think is the more likely thing to happen based on everything I mean this is about. This bet would have to be based also on your belief in the organization to change in the next like three years, because if they're you know, a five hundred team, that shit, let's just say they're back to the status quo, right back to five hundred. Let's say there's seventy eight and eighty three, whatever the hell it is, like they're right back around five hundred. Okay, Like, is that a team that you'd want to offer an extension to a player for? No, you shouldn't. You should probably trade away Logo Web in that situation. If it's two years from now and you're on the same thing again. Like that's where I'm like, when do you start thinking the extension? So back to that question, what's more likely to happen and what's more likely? What do you think if you could bet on one, what do you think is going to pay you out he signs the extension or he's traded.
Speaker 4: Signs the extension. Because I think Buster your Posey values pitching. I TH's a whole hell of a lot and if it's going to be an effusion of youth when it comes to pitching, he wants an as I know.
Speaker 1: The irony of this year alone. But yes, I agree with you, and yet it's ironic how they went about it.
Speaker 4: No, I mean, do you agree with Andy Begley where he says if you trade a logo Web at the trade deadline yesterday that you could have got more in return than what they're school went for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because he's a free agent and Web you have two more hears left exactly.
Speaker 4: So you know, Buster Posey probably saw a lot of offers and thought it wasn't worth it, but maybe comes back to them in the offseason. But now, if i'd a bet, I think that, yes, he could trid away a lot of other guys on this team. I think he wants Logo Web here for the long haul, regardless of how this team before.
Speaker 1: He's talking mentor yeah that made that. That's a guy that they're like, this guy could be a giant for life.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 4: I don't know if that's the best business move, but Buster Posey knows good pitching and he values logo Web. So despite what we may say on the radio, I think the Logo Web's gonna be here for a while.
Speaker 1: Here's more from Buster Posey yesterday on Devers, Chapman, and Domas on holding on to those guys and less of holding out of those guys and more of like, yeah, nobody would pay for me. Here's here's Buster on the three big contracts. Yeah.
Speaker 9: I think what I'll say is like we made we made it known to teams that we were really willing to talk about any player. And you know, I don't think it does any good to say one way or another for us. We're still excited that we've got those big three guys, the Devers. You know that we have Devers, Chapman, the Damas on the team and still feel like there's a lot of great baseball left for those guys to play, and you know glad that they're going to be San Francisco Giants.
Speaker 4: That's the best way to respond to that, because they're still on your roster. You don't make it seem like, yeah, we were closed to deal in them, but damn they're still here. I think that he doesn't want to trade Raffaeld Devers, not like, no, I'm not not to say like Buster's like I can't move him after I made a big deal for him last year.
Speaker 2: No, I think that he wants him on this team because he's still found it hit. He's close. What does he have right now, like twenty home runs? So he's still gonna hit thirty home runs.
Speaker 1: He's twenty two or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I think that you see the record, and obviously it's been inconsistent at times, but I think that Buster wants to hang on to Raffaeld Devers.
Speaker 2: Will you adamis different story. They're loading up on shortstops.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that's part of also why the Marcelo Minor trade happens yesterday. One. I think it's a it's an high upside player and you bought low and I'm down to buy the dip on a player like that for a bullpen arm and I know they give up a minor league doubtfielder as well. People are like, I can't believe they give a I forget your guy's name, Carlos Good Heroes maybe or something like that, a single A player out of the Emeralds, And I was like, we're not wanting to make deals for a reliever, and a single A player for a dude he's with a top one hundred prospect for the last five years. I'm like, I'm okay with this. I also think it's given the Giants an out and versatility if they get to the offseason and there's somebody who doesn't have a shortstop because they're an expired contract or they're not going to sign somebody, and Willie Thomas becomes more attractive because it's not just about a team that needs a shortstop. It's about a team that goes, hey, maybe we've lost a left field power bat and we need to add some of that power back. We can get that somewhere else. I'm not saying that this is going to be a great move for anybody, but if the move is for somebody else who's looking for a player with a less money on the deal now, and we're heading into potentially a lockout where unfortunately you would save money on that deal instead of going out in free agency. Maybe there's something to be had there, but it leaves the door open and the giants that aren't at a loss at shortstop completely like they would have been.
Speaker 4: And I think that he fielded calls on Matt Chapman and wanted takers, and I was like, Matt Chapman's not even close to returning at this point.
Speaker 2: He's guys, see a specialist.
Speaker 4: He got an MRI today, So as Alex Pavlovich tweets out, it doesn't sound like we'll see Matt Chapman for a little bit of time here, and we haven't seen him since June. But yeah, I think I think that Buster probably made some calls on him as well, and that's easier and said than done because he's got the no trade clause as well.
Speaker 2: Real Quick saw this.
Speaker 4: On Friday during the MLB Network or sorry, not MLB Network, the Apple TV broadcast. You surprised it all with what went down with the report with Willia Domas and him being kind of hesitant to do some infield work with Ron Washington, or you guys think.
Speaker 1: Pretty highly of me if you think I'm watching an Apple TV game on a Friday night stones on, you guys think that's where I'm spent in my time for a team. It's eighteen under not acting like I saw it, but I heard about it all the clips of it afterwards, and I also know the reporting from Susan Seluster. It made me think. We had a call last week where somebody said, why isn't somebody called and said this test on like Thursday of last week, Why isn't a damas working with with Ron Washington. Yeah, I was like, I think, I said exactly, I don't know what guys are doing. Yeah, and after games, I know we get a lot of video of whan I said is we got a lot of video Eldridge doing it. We get a lot of video of you know Dev' has been out there, We get a lot of video of Luisa Rise and stuff. But I said, I can't speak to like how every day's practice and routine work has been going. And that was reported as like, oh, Ron Washington's not doesn't like that He's not spending time with him, or there was some it was weird the way it was phrase that the video clip I.
Speaker 2: Can't remember see that it was going along those lines.
Speaker 1: And also Susan Selester reported like there was a bigger story on this, And I talked to both of them about this in the last two weeks.
Speaker 4: Right like two weeks ago. She said it's more of a back issue for William down He's been dealing with it. They said about for him to be out there, I would say that if you don't get along with Ron Washington, something's wrong with you.
Speaker 1: I don't want to even I don't even think that's totally what they were saying, right, I mean that's what they were saying. I don't think that's totally to be I don't think that's the.
Speaker 4: Correction of it, all right. Yeah, and Tony Vttil came out the next day and said the whole reports bs.
Speaker 1: So I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna put a whole lot stock into that, but I do think they wanted to trade William Dominson the deadline if they could.
Speaker 1: They're watch an Apple TV game, Kennedy get it an on a bar, you know what I mean. I gotta go hog. Sorry, guys, gotta get it home to a Friday night, I gotta watch the Apple TV game. I don't know. I mean, it's brutal. Apple TV game is brutal. Nobody. There's not a I don't think there's a baseball fan that l likes it. No, not at all. And they're like, well we're doing it, like no again, nobody doing it for the people. Nobody's flipping around looking at their at the Apple TV shows that nobody watches on a on a Friday, and it's like, I'll do the The Giants are taking on the dres Well.
Speaker 4: I was kind of surprised last night. I was like, oh, this game's on ESPN. I thought he's being as a due baseball anymore. Now they do, remember, because Ravits is still doing I feel bad for I mean, good on him to still do those, you know, those games he's could.
Speaker 2: Call the Little League World Series.
Speaker 1: Saw my schedule. He's like I was planning on being here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but like to have that news come out like he's gonna get laid off and he's still you know, doing his duty.
Speaker 1: I mean, and like the reports are all like he will still be laid off. But he's going to keep doing these through a certain date or whatever. I mean, good, I think to some of those reports and news, but it came out a little prematurely pro before they were going to report that. But you know me, dude, I'm just trying to get back to the movies, spending my Friday nights and my my weekends. Why I saw the invite? Oh so the invite and then which I takes place in San Francisco. Awesome movie.
Speaker 2: You know I wasn't invited to see the Invite with you, No, it was It's not.
Speaker 1: What I would have brought you to. Okay, you can. You can hang out with me when you start picking better memories that you have of us spending time together. I have fond memory was going to Bill Burr. Yeah, my favorite day with you was a day on the show with an interview.
Speaker 4: So my favorite day with you this is when you went was was when you stayed quiet during the Jerry Rice, Steve Young.
Speaker 1: And Tim Danny did the newly Weed game with us. And he was like, what's your favorite like memory together? And I picked that day where Derek and I went to see a baller's game last year. I was like dude. We went over at Berkeley. We got some pizza, hung out, walked up to the through the campus, went and saw Bill Burr at at the Greek Theater and Derek put down that interview we did with Steve Young, Jerry Rice, and Tim Brown.
Speaker 2: I thought it was the show.
Speaker 1: Your favorite memory of me is one time when I was sitting here silently next to you while we listened to Hall of Famers joking. I remember that time you added nothing. That's one of my favorite moments with Tim too. Actually, it's my favorite memory of me and Tim that at the time that Tim had to sleep on that fold out bed that we stayed in there that same room.
Speaker 3: That was a bonding weekend, And personally I thought it was the time where I almost that drove off the road in the rain storm, and you're like, well.
Speaker 1: I'll see when we get there. I did see the invite. I did see Spider Man, dude. I was actually on my way back on the bus from Spider Man and this dude was reading my book. You know, like on the bus where you're sitting on a bench seat and like facing one direction, but the other guy's in a single seat facing forward. Younger dude gets on and he was like sitting across from me. He had dreads too, and we like hit a stop where I was just like, it's one of those things where I looked at for my book just to like look around to see like, oh, where are we on the bus? As I like looked back towards the guy, we kind of like locked eyes for up, not even locked eys. We's like past eyes for like half a second. I went back to my book and I've had funds in but I'm not listening to anything. And the guy goes, hey, man, where are you going? And I was like, oh man. I tried to ignore it, and then he goes geat. He's like, where are you going? He said, O man, And yeah, I look up and he goes, oh man, I look up and I was like, I saw him going home. And he goes on a Saturday. Man, it was like five o'clock. He was on a Saturday. I was like, yeah, man, I'm just going home. And he's like, man, I'm trying to get to be like you. Man, I gotta get to I gotta get to be like you.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: I was like, all right, okay, well, just being comfortable going Yeah, and I put my head back in my book. And then he pauses for a minute. This is where he got awkward. He goes, I just thought we let we like looked at each other, so I thought you were trying to like talk to it. We looked, we locked eyes from it, so I thought you were trying to try to talk to me. And I was like, I was like, what did you think was going on? I don't know what you think I'm trying to do. By the way, I look at this guy now dead in the eyes, he's got it's in his hair, it's in his dreads, and it's all over his forehead Cheeto dust. Bro like fingers of Cheeto dust on his face, on his forehead and in his hair. And that didn't win you overcoach No. And then I was like, yeah, man, He's like, oh, I just thought you were trying to I thought you were trying to say something to me. I was like, this guy's just died in a conversation. So then he realizes I'm not having it. He gets up and he watched the front of the bus bever Lis. When he got up, Dude, he left it there covered in cheeto finger dust.
Speaker 4: Dude, A big old bus guy James, but a big old potatoes sat look at them.
Speaker 1: It had it looked like it was an acronym, but it wasn't. It was like cheeto dusting figure. He actually wrote NBA in Cheeto dust and it said grab back. Did he left it right there? Doesn't exists. He must have thought. That's why I was trying to have a conversation. He's like, you, did you want your cheeto dust bag? Sharon af Dude, there it was sitting on the bus. I thought you and I sure to moment on the eight, cruising back towards the North Beach. Dude from MOSCOWY or from from the Metreon. Anyway, we do it each and every week, a big old potato sacked looking thing. Sometimes it's got Cheeto dust on it. We call it the NBA grab bag, and we do it next on the Sports Leader