Speaker 1: Okay, it's post game rap time after a Padres walk off win in Game three of this series. And I know it's easy to get frustrated, and this has happened too many times to the Giants and the late inning woes, and but it's hard for me to walk out of here feeling anything other than that. Was just a really great game, a spirited game. Both teams played super hard. The Giants had one of the most memorable at bats of this season and maybe in a long time, with Oslavis Besab against Mason Miller, like the most unlikely hit of the year in MLB, and you know, a bad mistake pitch there in the end that cost him in an O two count. But the Giants played their tails off tonight and should not. There have been a lot of games where the Giants walk out of the ballpark thinking sloppy.
Speaker 2: No good, not good enough. Tonight should not be one of those.
Speaker 3: Nights, you know.
Speaker 4: I mean, look, they did everything you need to do at the end of the game except get the last out to win the game, especially when you come back and you do it against a guy that I mean, he doesn't have a blown save this year. I just did not want to see cronin Worth at the play.
Speaker 2: He does have a knack for that.
Speaker 1: He's had more walkoff hits than anybody in the history of this park.
Speaker 3: And he's not a two ten hitter.
Speaker 4: I don't give I don't give two snots with what his average says. But I mean that's look, if Tatist Beaches beats you, then you go, well, what.
Speaker 3: Are we doing?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we got to walk that guy, right, So I mean it's hard, but just not not not that guy. And and he followed off a lot of really good pitches from from Jan Smith, a lot of good pitches, not good pitches to hit, tough pitches. So anyway, yeah, a little frustrating, but all no, I don't think you should feel bad about this team tonight.
Speaker 1: Mally pitch well, and you got some unlikely performances, you got some big hits early. You you got Susac making these great defensive plays, a great throw, a great play to get it out on a bunt. Like there were just a lot of moments where the Giants stepped up and did what you're supposed to do against a good team that's.
Speaker 2: In a pennant race, and they just couldn't close the den.
Speaker 5: Well and b Sabbie. What a night and he wasn't even in the game. What was there?
Speaker 6: Twenty minutes before game time we got word that the Sabbie was playing. We had Padres broadcasters coming in saying, what's the how do you pronounce that first name?
Speaker 3: And uh, we don't know.
Speaker 5: Is well. We did see him a lot of spring training.
Speaker 6: Uh, he was in almost every game we broadcast down there in the Cactus League. But so, man, he crushes a homer and then he he crushes one hundred three mile an hour fastball for a two run double.
Speaker 5: Who does that?
Speaker 3: And so I will say this, he got himself.
Speaker 4: Into account where he could at least look for a fastball, no matter how high the velocity, and he put a really good swing on it. I mean, Miller's slider is just as tough as his fastball, but he got a nice fastball at one o three.
Speaker 3: Good for him.
Speaker 6: I mean, he's kind of got a he's got a rob Dan slider and he throws one hundred, three hundred, four hundred five.
Speaker 3: So you have a piece of paper, Dave, You.
Speaker 2: Want to have something that you can really get ticked off about.
Speaker 3: What were they won for?
Speaker 1: Nine with runners in Nope, Nope, Terrek Schouble Dodgers.
Speaker 2: It's happening right now, really happening.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 4: I like it because when they collapse, it's in postseason.
Speaker 3: I'm going to be the happiest guy in the world.
Speaker 4: I want them to bring it on, bring them all, get them all, make it all. Well it isn't all, it's already yea, make it a better All Star team?
Speaker 5: And and and how did Dodger do tonight.
Speaker 2: Though they lost tonight to the Red Sox?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: The uh so that where'd that story come from?
Speaker 1: Is that from Darren chan sources telling Darren deren Channer's.
Speaker 4: Report all those years he was at Anaheim. He's tied in man.
Speaker 2: A lot of sources in southern California.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, and I think that that the Terryk's Schooble. If that's, uh, what's happening, then a whole bunch of other trades are gonna happen now because there's what six or seven teams wanted Terry Scuoble. So the teams that didn't get him are gonna go after the next people on the list that they want. So and I think we've been waiting to see how Terry's Google goes and where he goes before a lot of these other things start to happen.
Speaker 5: Hey, I don't I don't care, well.
Speaker 6: Except as a few of them might be guys, we've been enjoying watching with the giants.
Speaker 4: So the uh, well, no, I mean I don't care about I care about that. I don't care about the school team. Yeah, but it also, you know, maybe they had to give up a lot.
Speaker 2: They did have.
Speaker 1: They gave up Emmett Sheehan, who's really good young pitcher. They gave up their best pitching prospect. They gave up a very good young outfielder and another pitching prospect.
Speaker 2: So they did they paid a high price.
Speaker 3: Well, you're gonna have to.
Speaker 1: They don't care about that either, Jeff passing. By the way, DC's passing the credit along first to report, Jim ESPN. Jim Bowden is reporting the players in return, but passing the first to report.
Speaker 3: You said, d C the story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, he got.
Speaker 3: He was tied in very well in Anaheim.
Speaker 4: When he was here, he used to buy his clothes out the back of a pickup truck.
Speaker 3: Did you know that.
Speaker 2: Really tied in out of a garage. It's a different kind of tie than I was thinking of.
Speaker 6: But yeah, DC, can we go there tomorrow morning?
Speaker 5: I know people I can get choked up.
Speaker 1: All right, let's take our break. We'll pick players after this. All right, we're back. Meanwhile, in the commercial break, DC's the sources are calling in. DC's retracting some of some of the trade. But the trade's happening.
Speaker 3: He used to become the waffle house all of a sudden.
Speaker 2: We don't know who's in the trade, but he's going to LA.
Speaker 1: Let's pick players from this game, Kite, you want to lead us out tonight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm gonna take the kid who got the lead off of Millersabi.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, look, John Dred, he had no idea he's even going to play today. Half the world doesn't even know how to pronounce his first name, even his last name. But I believe I heard Mike say on the TV side, he's had four RBIs in a game before, So I mean this big Lee's has got a new experience for him.
Speaker 3: So but he took.
Speaker 4: Advantage of a great that at Bad is going to be shown on all the highlights tonight.
Speaker 3: And I don't care where you go to watch highlights. That'll be air.
Speaker 1: I thing incredible. I just that is what you're supposed to do. You get into account like that against a guy who's got that stuff, You sell out for one pitch, one speed, and you try to smoke it. And that's that's as good as you can do it against a guy who's that.
Speaker 4: I wish Elliott Ramos would have done that. Yeah, I mean that's how everybody thinks they're going to do against Miller, like what Ramos did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you gotta jick Captain Besabi. Where'd you go?
Speaker 2: I think Eldridge was trying to do it.
Speaker 1: You know, Eldridge had a chance there later on and he got like the nastiest slider of all time in on his hands in a in a full count.
Speaker 2: So anyway, good pick, good, what a night for him. Well, I'm taking Daniel Sussac.
Speaker 4: I thought Daniel Sussac was excellent tonight.
Speaker 2: He was on the challenges.
Speaker 1: He had the double in the sixth inning, the let off an inning, the Giants didn't get that run home, that that that looms large in this game. He couldn't get a bunt down in the eighth inning, and he did even better. He just got a base hit and then he made two terrific defensive plays in the late innings. So good pick, right, I'm in on Daniel Sussac, good game him, good pick my guy?
Speaker 6: All right, Well, I want to go with Devs Devers. The Giants had it was tough going to get a bass hit with runners on base, and Devors after the Giants got a couple of infield hits. He had won one hundred four miles an hour, and he hit it too hard.
Speaker 5: He couldn't get a runner home. That loaded the.
Speaker 6: Bases though, but then a Damas got a walk after that to get a run, but Devs set that up. Never had a couple of hits, and then he walked in the ninth inning against Miller.
Speaker 5: And I think Miller was not worried about walking him.
Speaker 6: He was like, well this guy, I'm not going to groove one to him at one hundred and three.
Speaker 5: Let him go crazy. So anyway, but.
Speaker 6: Also a Domas, I know, maybe I'll make a mic pick that one throwed a second the great throw by Seussac, Adamas short hopped in front of the bag and made a diving tag on the guy to get the out there, and he got that basis loaded walk and he also got the walk that really fueled that tying rally. So and he's ended up scoring the tying run. So pretty nice game him all the way around. So you pivoted there in the middle. I'm that was I'm saying for Mike crewco on, behalf of my crew. Go on, I'm picking that or take three or four more. We got nothing to do. And also let's see for d C. I'm going with Caleb Killing.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: DC's at the waffle house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's all working the phones, right, he's got his burner phone out.
Speaker 2: He's yeah, uh, good pick.
Speaker 3: Yeah we'll go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, what's on deck? Sponsored by your California four dealers. Well, the Giants will have to bounce back tomorrow day game before we head to Texas.
Speaker 2: And uh, it's a good pitching matchup.
Speaker 1: Landa roops on the mound for the Giants against the guy really is he's the one sort of reliable starter the Padres have right now, Michael King. He's their best guy. So that's the matchup tomorrow and we'll see if a Rise is still not in there, maybe the save just gets a chance to play again.
Speaker 3: I mean, you think about the Arise.
Speaker 4: If if he's dinged up just a little bit, and he could go out there and get dinged up a lot the day before the trading deadline, you're not going to do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you just gotta be. You gotta do what they're you gotta be.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's kind of a not kind of it is such an odd time of the year. Well, you got to play your cards a little bit different over this stuff.
Speaker 1: So, and the Giants have done what all these other teams are not doing. I mean, every other team scratching starters and Giants to pitch Ray, they pitch Malley. They've played a Rise until today. So it's not like the Giants are ducking these guys out of all these games.
Speaker 2: But you're right, you just you gotta be considered.
Speaker 3: I get the most FORBI.
Speaker 2: He's in hot demand.
Speaker 3: All right, I'm gonna be here tomorrow. You got YEA.
Speaker 2: I am too, I am too.
Speaker 3: He's on deck DC will be working for the network.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, he's got his own new uh sub stack blog. He's MLB DC Rumors, Waffle dot Com. What's on Deck sponsored by You're California four Dealers and the legendary four f one fifty truck. Visit by Ford now dot com today to find yours okay.
Speaker 2: Highlights coming up after this