Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio at the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty. Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: And now, here's Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 4: Lindsay Clancy broke down in tears as her defense attorney began closing arguments, comparing photos before and after the killing. After six weeks of dueling medical experts, jurors will now have to decide whether Clancy was sane and acted intentionally.
Speaker 5: Man, what a tough job that would be in a jury. They're deliberating right now. This is just breaking. The jury is asked to see two bags of pills. and a knife. I don't know what role the knife plays. I've been following it that closely. What'd she do with a knife?
Speaker 3: Not familiar. Um, Oh, she cut herself, uh, before she hurled herself out of the window. The defendant is Clancy.
Speaker 5: Oh, you know, this is, this is probably an argument for her being crazy. Uh, who kills themselves by jumping out of two story window.
Speaker 3: Of a suburban house? Yeah. What, what, I'm going to cut myself some and jump out of a window, but just the second story. I mean, that's, which is almost, I don't mean to be, you know, flip about this or an idiot, but that's a weak attempt.
Speaker 5: Oh no kidding. Who would jump out of two story window and think I'm going to break my, my legs or my arm or whatever. I'm not going to die. I'm going to lay there in pain until somebody comes and takes me to the hospital.
Speaker 3: It's actually fairly unlikely you'd end up partially paralyzed.
Speaker 5: Like she did. She got a really bad result from that really weak effort at killing herself. So, I don't know. That seems like a decent argument toward her being crazy.
Speaker 3: That seems like a decent argument to me, like she was faking a suicide attempt.
Speaker 5: Oh, really?
Speaker 3: Interesting.
Speaker 5: God dang it. You're committed to faking your suicide to jump out a second story window.
Speaker 6: Ah.
Speaker 3: Put a couple of light cuts on me and then jump out this window into the hedges and it'll be fine.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I wasn't there.
Speaker 5: Let's hear a little bit from yesterday before they gave it to the jury from the defense and the prosecution in their closing arguments. Here's the defense first.
Speaker 7: Because of the damn medicine and the lousy medical care that she got.
Speaker 5: Horrible thoughts, no motivation, deeply depressed.
Speaker 7: This is a prosecution that has ripped the soul out of this girl forever.
Speaker 5: Well, here's the prosecution.
Speaker 8: This wasn't a woman suffering from a lack of care, a lack of resources. She had an abundance of help, an abundance of care. She left them discarded on the basement floor like broken toys because she was done playing the game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the kids. I heard that whole clip. It is hard to take. The prosecution argued that Clancy only had two prescription meds in her system at the time of the murders. Is that to argue that she wasn't all drugged up, so she's responsible? I don't know what that was. There is some argument that because she had a lot of doctors and a lot of different medicines, so you can't claim she didn't get care. I can tell you from dealing with people with mental health problems, just because you got a doctor and got the pills don't mean you're okay, because they often don't have it figured out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's interesting. The prosecutor making the argument that because she had an abundance of help, therefore clearly she killed them. I'm not sure I get... Of course, I didn't hear the whole argument. I'm a bad talk show host, but I hesitate to leap to conclusions based on fragmentary information. If your argument was she wasn't really overwhelmed in the conventional sense... A person could respond, well, she must have just gone nuts then.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: First of all, the jury gets to work tomorrow. Not in all states is that true. But in this case, they will deliberate on Saturday or they can deliberate on Saturday. So that might happen. So they might not be feeling the normal pressure on a Friday to wrap this thing up that juries have sometimes. That's all just speculation. Since you have been on juries, it seems to me. looking at this, that this could, there'd be a lot more speculation on this one in a jury than a lot of cases, wouldn't there? I mean, because in some cases, it's just a, it's, you know, there's some clear-cut evidence, and if you throw in a, yeah, but his sister was so upset, well, what's that got to do with anything? You got a knife, you got a blah, blah, blah, you got a blah, blah, blah. This one, though, it's so getting in at somebody's head.
Speaker 3: Right. You practically read my mind because I was thinking in a lot of criminal cases, the question is, was it him and did they prove it beyond a reasonable doubt that, okay, yeah, that was his knife. And yes, look at his car there on the flock camera, which we're yelling about, or whatever. Yeah, it's beyond a reasonable doubt. But in this one, when you're trying to figure out criminal culpability and mental health and contemplating a crime this horrible, I mean, there are You know, there are hard facts, and then there are judgments you have to make. And this one is judgment piled on judgment. And you've got 12 people of varying intellects and abilities to understand or think logically or bringing in whatever prejudices they have or whatever. Trying to form something that mushy into a conclusion is not going to be easy. It's going to be extremely difficult. Although, again... I wasn't there for the whole thing. And it could be they have a much more solid take on this than I would guess from a distance.
Speaker 5: Well, it hasn't gone the direction of the most famous trial that people are comparing it to is Susan Smith back in the 90s when she strapped her kids in the car and rolled them in the lake, which was just absolutely horrific and really got America's attention. Of course, we were a different culture back then. We weren't as touchy feely. Let's come up with a way to explain away how difficult it is to be a parent. That sort of thing.
Speaker 3: And we're all super into whatever mental challenges we have, mental illness. Mental health was a term that wasn't thrown around a lot.
Speaker 5: That jury deliberated for like an hour and 10 minutes and said, yeah, whatever. And she's still in prison as a murderer. This jury obviously didn't do that because they deliberated for a while yesterday and they're still at it today. Completely different case with different evidence. And I don't remember Susan Smith's defense. They were they were trying to argue that she was crazy. It wasn't the too tough to be a mom postpartum psychosis, but it was the she is not. She wasn't.
Speaker 3: Capable of those. Those are two very different things, by the way. It's too tough to be a mom and postpartum psychosis. But sure. Yeah, I don't remember. Anyway. All right. Well, we'll let the jury decide. That's the system we have, and it's a good one.
Speaker 5: Told you I'd tell you about cloud seeding, which is more prevalent than I thought. But first, I want to tell you about this. I love this. If you think financial planning is just for the suit and tie crowd, you should think again.
Speaker 3: Blue collar dollar is for you. We're talking to small business owners, farmers, hardworking people. Who built this country, but often get ignored by Wall Street. They look down on us and we hate them for that.
Speaker 5: I was knee deep in mud out on the farm yesterday trying to fix a broken PVC pipe in the 100 degree weather. So I know what that kind of work is like or can be. Blue Collar Dollar changes the game, providing high level retirement strategies for men and women who actually do the heavy lifting out there.
Speaker 3: You're not going to get a bunch of jargon and corporate fluff. Just straight talk and real respect for your hard-earned money.
Speaker 5: So here's the deal. If you're over 55 and you've put aside at least $ 250, 000 for retirement, Blue Collar Dollar has a special offer for you.
Speaker 3: Pick up your phone right now, dial pound 250 and say the keywords blue collar dollar for your complimentary financial review from a licensed talent advisor. That's pound 250 and use the keywords blue collar dollar.
Speaker 5: Advisory services offered through Talent LLC, a SEC registered investment advisor. Marketing is conducted by its affiliated company, Blue Collar Dollar LLC. Registration as an investment advisor does not imply a certain level of skill or training. For more important disclosures, visit bluecollardollar.com. You know, I was thinking about yesterday when I was out fixing a broken pipe out in the orchard. that was leaking everywhere in the hot sun and everything like that. I... First of all, I get great enjoyment out of doing that sort of stuff, and I so much prefer that task to... a stack of paperwork where I got to go to a website and log in and try to figure out how to make a payment and it won't let me in. And I know people who love that. I know several people, a couple of them I've hired as assistants recently to do because they just love that challenge. To me, it is hell on earth where other people wouldn't want to be out in the hot sun knee deep in the water fixing a PVC pipe. So I guess it's just the way you built.
Speaker 4: Sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Oh, they all love that stack of paperwork. I just love to tear into that and get that done. I can't imagine that any more than I can imagine. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I look at people like that, like they're a tribe in Africa with plates in their lips. I just don't get it.
Speaker 5: Right. Thank God you exist. Joe apparently knows more about this than I do, because I... I don't know anything about it, really. I've heard of cloud seeding. I knew it was an idea back in the day. I didn't know it was happening that much. It's really working, according to the free press, and a lot of tech people are controlling the weather. Do you remember when Bill Gates got a lot of attention for saying something or other about controlling the weather and how important it ought to be? And I know people who think Bill Gates is controlling the weather today. The founder of Rainmaker... big company that's doing a lot of this out there right now and has been for quite a while. Uh, The guy that founded it was a Thiel fellow, Peter Thiel, who is controversial in the world that follows that sort of stuff. He's a PayPal guy, kind of wacky in all kinds of different directions. So that adds to the point of the free press is this has got all the makings of great conspiracy stuff. You got a Peter Thiel guy. You got cloud seeding. You got the strongest El Nino in living memory seems to be developing right now and is going to be in the news for weeks now. And you got everything you need for a great conspiracy thing. And then your point that there's no getting around this, is there? If you seed the clouds, the clouds rained where they weren't going to rain. And so they don't have the rain in them to rain over there.
Speaker 3: There's just no getting around that math, is there? Yeah, even a child can understand this. But I didn't till somebody pointed it out, especially in places that are desperate for rain. Well, let's start here. Wars are fought over resources all the time, all the time since the dawn of man. Various, you know, the wars are quasi wars or economic wars. Water is one of the most precious resources on the planet, depending on where you are. And in parts of Africa, for instance, where the rain cloud forms over here, it floats over this country, then rains on that country. That country can feed its people. The first country that the clouds floated over, they can't.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 3: Okay. So country A decides, yeah, let's see the clouds and take the rain. And they take the rain. Now, it used to be you got to wait till rain falls before you can be snatching water. But now we can do it from the sky. So it's just it's, you know, depending on your point of view, either resource theft. Wait a minute. You're draining the river before it gets to me. Or it's just, you know, hey, tough luck.
Speaker 5: Isn't it just like tapping into your oil field on the other side of the boundary? I drink your milkshake. It's that, isn't it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's exactly what it is. And people tend to get pissed.
Speaker 5: Wow, that'll become an issue. There's going to have to be some sort of laws.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know enough about weather patterns to know whether this is going to apply to the U.S. at all. And again, this is a big news story right now. It's floating below most radars. But the whole Colorado River story. And the way the Western United States gets its water, including Southern California, Arizona, etc., it's going to be an enormous story in the next few years. Unless we have torrential rains fall in the Western United States for like the next decade. And then this stuff is going to get real, as the kids used to say a while back.
Speaker 5: Got some updates on a couple of the political races out there that are not good news if you're a Republican and wanting to hold on to the House or the Senate.
Speaker 3: And one of the best spankings of the media I've come across in a long time. I can't wait. I'm going to get warmed up and just give it to them good.
Speaker 5: Awesome. All on the way.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 2: The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 5: Where'd you get this from, Michael? Where'd this come from? It's one of.
Speaker 3: Our prep sites. I thought it was pretty cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so Jerry Seinfeld explaining how getting fired helped his career. I am always talking to my kids about various things with failure and moving forward and lessons. I'm kind of interested in this. Go ahead.
Speaker 6: Yes, there was one huge failure at the beginning. I was cast to be a comic relief character on Benson in 1980 for when I had just moved out to L.A. at the age of 26. And I did three episodes and I showed up for the fourth And I sat down at the table and I go, how come there's no script for me?
Speaker 3: And they go, you've been fired. Why are you here?
Speaker 6: And the agent didn't call me to tell me I was fired. I was already a very dedicated stand-up comedian, but that locked the safe. I went, okay, from now on, nobody else's material. Because I'm doing their crappy material and dying. So that was a failure that was a great propeller for me.
Speaker 5: You and I can relate to that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Was it Jerry who gave us that great piece of wisdom about fail on your terms, don't fail on somebody else's terms? Probably was.
Speaker 5: Sounds like it from Matt. Because we had that experience a couple places in radio with bosses telling us exactly what kind of show to be and what sort of things to say. And it was mediocre at best. And then finally, at some point, we decided, man, the last thing you want to do if you get into any sort of entertainment business is get driven out of it. And then wonder, I wonder what would have happened if I had tried to do it the way I think it ought to happen.
Speaker 3: I wonder if I played my songs, if that would have gone better. Oh no, that'll haunt you till your dying day. If you do it your way and fail, you think, yeah, it's funny. I thought that'd work, but you tried. You didn't get controlled by somebody else and then be swept away, having never given it a real attempt.
Speaker 5: Man, and our bosses, Katie, when we came over to start doing talk radio, because we did music before, our bosses hated the way we did our show. I mean, hated it. Part of it was we were being followed by Dr. Laura, who had pretty good ratings. And the market manager said, Dr. Laura's audience is here. You're here. And that's the problem. And that's when he took away our office and we had moved our office to where the vending machines were. We had to sit in the room with the vending machines for our office with folding chairs. You guys showed them.
Speaker 9: Oh, my God.
Speaker 3: I don't think it was air-conditioned either, was it? It was always hot, probably from the vending machines.
Speaker 5: Well, we couldn't fit in there, so we had to open the door to the outside to be able to fit in this tiny little room where the vending machines were. And, you know, you're trying to work, and constantly people are coming to get a candy bar and saying, hey, what are you doing? This is our office now.
Speaker 3: What's going on? Or because we had to open up the door to outside people, it's like an office park, and people would, like, wander by and look at us. Hey. Hey, how are you?
Speaker 5: Anyway, the ultimate point being we had decided to try to do what we thought was the best way to do it, and thank God it's worked out.
Speaker 3: And it's gone from mediocre at best to consistently mediocre. Exactly. There you go. Lesson learned. Fantastic.
Speaker 5: There's some bad news out there if Republicans want to hang on to the Senate. I figure the House is a done deal, gone. But maybe even the Senate. New polling out of Texas. It shows... That Tallarico guy in the lead? Or at least it's toss-up, according to most of your really well-respected polling outfits now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, boy, polls are tougher and tougher to take seriously. But you're better off taking it seriously than saying, nah, it'll be fine.
Speaker 5: I'm losing. I can take it as seriously as I want. I have no effect on Texas politics. But they haven't elected a statewide Democrat since the 90s.
Speaker 3: Right, right. Plus a fascinating book that's just coming out that I can't wait to read, written by one of the bravest people I've ever heard of in my life. When ISIS moved into Mosul and a lot of people fled, he stayed to document what would happen.
Speaker 2: Whoa.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: That sounds fascinating.
Speaker 3: Oh, golly gee, it is. Plus a well-deserved spanking for the media from one of my favorite writers. All sorts of good stuff.
Speaker 5: That's a lot of good stuff. I'll stay tuned. Yes, consistently mediocre. We'll bring it to you. That's what we do, information. If you missed the segment, get the podcast, Armstrong and Getty On Demand. You can listen to whatever you want. If you subscribe, they'll get fed to you whenever you want. We do 20 hours of this every single week, man.
Speaker 2: The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 5: So, I heard the story all day long yesterday about Trump wanting to change Lake Ontario to America. But I hadn't seen the actual presentation of it till just now on video when he's standing there. He's sitting there in the Oval Office. The President of the United States is sitting at his desk in the Oval Office with some of his biggest advisors around him, a big map, you know, where they changed the name from Lake Ontario to Lake America, and then this guy explaining what is happening.
Speaker 7: We're going to be Changing the name of Lake Ontario, effective immediately to Lake America. That's going to take place right now as I sign the order. Do you have anything to say about it, Ben?
Speaker 3: Yes, sir.
Speaker 10: So this is a straightforward but important executive order. It directs Secretary Burgum and the Department of the Interior to update the geographic names Information Service to reflect that Lake once known as Lake Ontario will From this day forward, be known as Lake America.
Speaker 5: And he's, I don't know that guy, but he's standing there next to Stephen Miller, who's got a very, you know, expressionless, serious face. All of these people acting like this isn't crazy. All of these people standing there acting like it's not insane that this is happening. I don't even know what to do with this information.
Speaker 3: Shouldn't it be Lake New York?
Speaker 5: Okay, we're going to quibble over if we're going to change the name. All driven by the fact that the Ford dude up in Canada said kiss my ass. So that's where that's coming from. I mean, and everybody acting like this is just ridiculous. That this is what's going on. I just, oh my God, the absurdity of it all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no kidding. Hey, Michael, go ahead and play 83.
Speaker 11: And finally, sir, in this executive order, we're also changing the name of the Canada geese as per your request. They will now be known throughout the world as Donald ducks, which is a more suiting name, given that they now live in Lake America and not Canada with the rest of those losers. Donald ducks are now an American species, and they're already happily migrating to our shores as we speak.
Speaker 5: Now, that's a comedian?
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 5: Okay, so that's not real.
Speaker 3: It sounded exactly like the other dude.
Speaker 5: The problem is it's just one tick off what actually happened in the Oval Office yesterday. It's only this much different.
Speaker 3: Right, right. It's ridiculous. We're at war.
Speaker 5: Among other things going on. Wow, that is something. And the same day, that's the same day that he puts out that post about him being the greatest president of all time and on the pyramid above Washington, Lincoln, and Reagan. It's just, I don't even know what to think of this.
Speaker 3: It's not going anywhere good.
Speaker 5: But it's trolling, right? It's trolling.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah. But it does damage.
Speaker 5: I don't know how it's landing. With most people.
Speaker 3: Not well, I don't think. I read an article the other day. It wasn't particularly good, entertaining, or enlightening, but it was making the point that comedians are so bored with mocking Trump. It's kind of gone away because there's just, what are you going to say at this point? I know how they feel. I'm tired of analyzing stuff like this and talking about it. Completely exhausted. Whatever. Do whatever you want. I hope the country endures and the world and the rest of it. Glad it's Friday. If it was a six-day week, tomorrow's show would be something. Trust me. So on a totally different topic. Do a little bingo, bango, bongo, a handful of stories. I remember vaguely reading years ago, I think it was in the Wall Street Journal, a piece by Bernard-Henri Lévy, who was writing about a mysterious Iraqi blogger who wrote under the name of Mosul Eye. He had just published some astonishing photographs taken of the ruins of Mosul just after it was liberated from ISIS. And he goes off on a tangent some of the stuff that he showed having to do with ancient Jewish synagogues that were in Mosul before the Muslims ran all the Jews out, which is what they tend to do. But anyway, and then he goes into filming a documentary in 2016 when the battle to liberate Mosul began. and he was making a movie then, and it was Mosul Eye who guided us on the ground. Everything was there, troop movements, positions. This guy knew the city like crazy and kept them alive and made it possible to do their film. Anyway, the man behind Mosul Eye has now published a book in the U.S. entitled Mosul Eye, and we discover the incredible story of the man who hid behind that name. His name is Omar Muhammad. He now leads a think tank initiative at George Washington University, but before his new life, he was a historian. He was 29 years old when ISIS entered the city and he could have fled, but he's decided to stay. And for months, he led a double life. He blended into the crowd. He grew his beard. He attended the mosques where the killers preached. He listened. He questioned, he checked rumors, but he developed an extraordinarily ingenious system for getting his information out. He would constantly switch how he did it by what means and, Often his notes were just handwritten or typewritten. He avoided computers for certain things.
Speaker 5: And he had to live in constant terror that he was going to be found out and killed in the most horrific way.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Um, he changed his voice. He switched from Arabic to English. He made people believe he was in Mosul when he had already left for Turkey at one point, but he managed to breach the walls of the city electronically and turn his invisible eye into the world's gaze on the martyred city. So anyway, This is the really critical part. The resulting book is a unique document, both about the years of terror in Mosul and about what everyday life can become under an Islamo-fascist regime. It's all there. The public executions he forced himself to attend so that he could hear the names of the condemned and the crimes of which they were accused. The beheadings, the stonings, the men thrown from the top of buildings for being gay or running afoul of whatever thing. The Christians driven from their cities Their homes looted, their churches destroyed. The Yazidis reduced to slavery. This one is probably too brutal to read on the air. About young girls raped so savagely, I'll let you guess the rest. I don't need to hear more of that. And finally, his brother was killed in the fighting. But it is a grim and clear-eyed account of what that movement is all about. By a guy whose courage and cleverness is just, oh my God, mountainous. I can't even imagine having the stones to do that.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Okay. Totally different topic.
Speaker 5: I'd say.
Speaker 3: That's too grim. The FAA found LaGuardia air traffic controllers had left work early before that deadly collision between the plane and the fire truck. Semi-regular. They called it early push.
Speaker 5: I didn't know that until yesterday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're clocked in until, you know, 10, but they leave at 9. They got a dinner reservation.
Speaker 5: If it's not a busy day, they let them leave early.
Speaker 3: Yeah, except that on that day, it was an extremely busy evening.
Speaker 5: Isn't that kind of consistent? I would think. I mean, the flights I take, they're the same ones, same days, same times, all the time. It's not like there's busy days. Of course, the airport's busier sometimes than others, obviously. I don't know. I don't know what that is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's called an early shove. I'm sorry. Let's see. Where is the account of what was happening that night?
Speaker 5: When the airport's really busy, like during holidays, are there more flights going on or is it just they're more full? Because usually I think just like some of the routes that I take, it seems like the flights are always the same. Like if I want to go to Denver, they have the same number of flights there.
Speaker 3: I think the the answer is both more flights and more full. So anyway, they say it's not a huge problem among air. It's a small percentage who do this, but they're going to see if they can root it out and make sure it doesn't happen again. But which sounds like a hell of a good idea.
Speaker 5: But like speaking of algorithms, I feel like the evening newscasts, which most of you probably don't watch. It's like my YouTube algorithm, except they decided for me that I like anything that happens with a plane anywhere in the world. And that's, you know, one of their lead stories every single night.
Speaker 3: Right. I don't.
Speaker 5: And I don't think most people do.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I know. If some cargo plane has flames coming from the tires for five seconds, it'll be it'll lead the evening news.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: You know, if it bleeds, it leads. If there's fire, it goes higher. We heard that 30 years ago. Let's see, one more topic. Well, we'd have to rush through it a little bit, but I liked it. If you are a taker in of news media, and evidently you are, you're familiar with the constant stories about courts have ruled Trump cannot, or they put a restraining order or a temporary blah, blah, blah, and how that it leads, especially the lefty news every single day. Kim Strassel with a great piece about the media's lawfare enabling news. And she starts with the Supreme Court last week allowing Donald Trump's ballroom construction to proceed, which elicited shock from the press corps. The court on Monday allowed the president's mail-in voting order to continue, eliciting the same shock. This follows the shock after the Trump administration wins on immigration enforcement, personnel firings, DEI, transgender orders, and dozens of other issues. How long is the public meant to treat the press's pearl-clutching as genuine, rather than part of a campaign to undermine the administration and the credibility of the high court? And she says the state of legal reporting has reached peak national embarrassment, a masterclass in fiction that rivals the reporting about Russian collusion and Joe Biden's undiminished capacity.
Speaker 5: It's always been bad. I think in the past it was bad out of like ignorance and laziness. And now it's that plus trying to discredit the Trump court, what they call the Trump court.
Speaker 3: So here's the, the nut of the piece. The swings and misses are, oh, the formula is now so routine that nobody pushes back. It works like this. The administration takes an action that offends liberal sensibilities. Interest groups rush to litigate, sometimes with prepackaged lawsuits. The press quotes liberal law professors and the litigators themselves as to why the suits are worthy. A liberal judge issues an injunction, which is treated as further proof of a lawsuit's merit. The stories omit any critical analysis of standing, jurisdiction, merits, or precedents. When a higher court corrects the legal overreach, the media, rather than acknowledging it got wrong, insists the judges are in the tank for Mr. Trump.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: And then she goes into the building the ballroom project is a great example.
Speaker 5: If y'all are into the building the ballroom or the reflecting pool or what's the what's the what's one of them yesterday that I was thinking about? We're not into that. We don't follow a lot similar sort of thing. Just good for you. but I just.
Speaker 3: The Kennedy Center renaming.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's it. Renaming the Kennedy Center. Whatever. It might be horrible. I don't know. I'm not going to... You only get so many days on Earth. I'm not going to spend any of them on that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah. How many gallons of ink have been spilled on that as opposed to the national debt or whatever? All right, well, here's a good expenditure of your money. Not the government's, but yours. Simply save home security, and it's not much money, and there are no long-term contracts, even though SimpliSafe is this amazing. Smart AI-powered cameras outdoors detect suspicious activity at the perimeter before they bust into your house. They alert live U.S.-based agents to step in. Then the agents assess the threat, intervene through the outdoor camera. They can yell at the creeps to scare them off, and they call 911 for dispatch if it's needed. And my favorite part of this is they call 911 and tell them exactly what's going on. It's not Some alarm went off at 123 Oak Street across town. No, they tell them what's going on.
Speaker 5: I feel like a lot of the competitors out there are doing the same thing that they were 20 years ago in terms of home security, where SimpliSafe has changed with the changing technology of the times. SimpliSafe's 20th anniversary sale going on right now. SimpliSafe has been protecting your world for 20 years. Celebrate their anniversary with us and save 60% on your new SimpliSafe system at simplisafe.com slash armstrong.
Speaker 3: That's 60% off at SimpliSafe.com slash Armstrong. There's no safe like SimpliSafe.
Speaker 5: I do want to talk a little more about why the CIA director Radcliffe went and landed in Moscow briefly the other day. There's a fair amount of reporting out of that from the Wall Street Journal and the New York Times. It's pretty dang interesting.
Speaker 3: It's serious stuff.
Speaker 5: It is definitely some heavyweight stuff going on right there. So we can get into some of the details of that, among other things on the way.
Speaker 1: Stay here.
Speaker 2: The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 9: Girl Scouts can now earn badges by learning about the pillars of Islam and visiting mosques. Well, the downside is they can now be stoned to death for failing to sell enough thin mints.
Speaker 3: Dark, yet apropos. So a glimpse behind the scenes. I think I had a bit of an old guy moment, but I'm not alone. We played the clip of President Trump ordering the renaming of Lake Ontario to Lake America. And I want you to focus on the second voice in this clip. Eighty four first, Michael. Eighty four.
Speaker 7: We're going to be changing the name of Lake Ontario, effective immediately to Lake America. That's going to take place right now as I sign the order. Do you have anything to say about it, Ben?
Speaker 3: Yes, sir.
Speaker 10: So this is a straightforward but important executive order. It directs Secretary Burgum and the Department of the Interior to update the Geographic Names Information Service to reflect that.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's plenty, Michael. now play Champagne Joshy, comedian influencer, with his comedy bit.
Speaker 11: And finally, sir, in this executive order, we're also changing the name of the Canada geese as per your request. They will now be known throughout the world as Donald Ducks, which is a more suiting name, given that they now live in Lake America.
Speaker 5: And not Canada.
Speaker 3: That's funny, you can cut it. So as an audio guy, I says to myself, I says, wait a minute, not only is that the best imitation of that guy conceivable on earth, But it's the same sort of microphone at the same distance, et cetera. What is going on there? And here's the old guy part. Katie says, yeah, I'm pretty sure he took the guy's voice and his visage and used AI to create that comedy bit.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 5: Didn't occur to me.
Speaker 3: That hadn't even dawned on me. Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: A couple of old guys. Wow. That's scary.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it is. How many people....
Speaker 3: Where was the dividing line, folks? What word was the last sincere one and what was the first parody one? And or, you know, not to chuck a parodies for the sake of a good chuckle, but to assassinate somebody's character or start a war or what have you.
Speaker 5: How many people will hear that and think that is real? Lots.
Speaker 6: Millions.
Speaker 3: It's so absurd, maybe not, but again, if it were a more serious topic and more subtly done, it would be indistinguishable from the truth.
Speaker 5: It's hard to get a lot more absurd than renaming Lake Ontario because you're mad at Canada. I mean, the Gulf of Mexico to Gulf of America... Donald Ducks, they're not ducks, they're geese!
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm sorry, I can't let that go.
Speaker 5: You can't change their species or genus or whatever.
Speaker 3: Right, that's my point.
Speaker 5: Gulf of Mexico to Gulf of America... ridiculous to make that an issue, but at least you can understand it. I mean, you know, but Lake Ontario, what? It's not a Canadian thing. It's an Indian thing long before Canada. What are we even doing here?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know. But anyway, focusing again on the post-truth world we live in, God help us.
Speaker 5: So we got this text, and you all voted for this loser and all of his nonsense. I was thinking about this yesterday, actually, listening to one of my favorite podcasts who hates Trump so much. I still. I check myself every once in a while. Would we have been better off? I mean, you got two choices. It's just a fact on Election Day. You had two choices. And would we be better off with Kamala Harris than Donald Trump? In my mind, not a chance. As we would have marched further down the road of woke apocalypse and all kinds of crazy crap around climate change and trans and and just all kinds of different stuff. And then her judgment on foreign policy and everything like that. So to me, it's not even close.
Speaker 3: So if I might wax metaphoric, well, I find Trump obnoxious and he is good. I pray every day he doesn't leave the country into disaster. I agree. I had the choice between setting myself on fire and hurling myself off a cliff or taking my kids to Disneyland. If I'm stuck in a two-hour line and you say, it was your decision to come to Disneyland, stupid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no.
Speaker 3: No, you haven't made the point I think you think you made. The alternative was horrifying. Ay caramba, we need a third party or several or something.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: It's crazy where we are, though, man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh, boy.
Speaker 5: One of the most unique human beings, if not the most unique being that has ever lived on Earth, is Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 5: He's in the top couple. If you missed a segment of this show, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty.