Speaker 1: It's Randy Wang here on the John Phillips Show. Johnny's back on Monday. Eight hundred two two two five two two two is the telephone number. You can email me at Johnny Don't Like show at gmail dot com or Randywang Radio at gmail dot com. Subscribe to my substack for the rundown of everything that's going on in the state of California, all the stories that we don't have time to get to at Randywangradio dot substack dot com. Like Gavin Newsome proposing a new wildfire relief fund, even though the last one he proposed none of the fire victims actually got. Check that out at Randywangradio dot substack dot com and search for the John Phillipshow wherever you get your podcasts. Our next guest is running for California State Controller. His website is Herbmorgan dot com. Herb Morgan. Welcome to the John Phillips Show. Herb Morgan. Hello, going one there he is? Maybe Herb? Are you there?
Speaker 2: Herb is here and it's good to be with you.
Speaker 1: Were you on mute?
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 1: All good, Herb. Let's go ahead and start off with a little education for people that don't know what is the job of California State Controller and how is it different from the state Treasurer.
Speaker 3: Two two main functions of the state Controller. I can distill them down.
Speaker 2: Put out the.
Speaker 3: Annual financial report of the state, the audited annual financial Report by March thirtieth.
Speaker 2: She's missed the deadline.
Speaker 3: Every single year since she's been in office. I'm speaking of the incumbent. Job number two and probably a higher priority is financial controls for the prevention of fraud. I'm gonna ask you now how she's doing and how it's different from the state treasurer. The state treasurer is responsible for handling the banking relationships and the cash management. It's sort of an administrative role, but the Controller is the one that approves the payments before the Treasurer sends them out, pre audits, post audits all spending, and has plenary authority to audit any agency touching our state money. That includes the subsidiaries fifty eight counties, four hundred and eighty two cities, their.
Speaker 2: Subsidies, the NGOs, the high speed rail.
Speaker 3: Authorities, all of them are subject to the reporting and auditing of the State Controller.
Speaker 1: Well with that, herb introduce yourself to anyone that doesn't know you. Who are you and why do you want this job?
Speaker 3: I feel like Admiral Stockdale in the ninety two presidential debate.
Speaker 2: Who am I? Why am I here?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 2: I am Herb Morgan.
Speaker 3: I am a Californian almost lifelong. I had my first first birthday here on Route sixty six in nineteen sixty seven. Grew up in southern California. I spent thirty nine years in finance. I don't know if you all think that's a good requirement that you have a background in finance to be the state controller. Your other choice is somebody who was an administrative assistant to Mayor Gavin Newsom in San Francisco. Spent thirty nine years in finance, married for thirty four years, two brown kids. Finished up my career in March sixteenth of this year, I retired as a senior managing Director and chief Investment Officer for Canter Fitzgerald, and I am now ready to go to phase two, which is to serve the state of California, because I believe it has become a criminal enterprise from top to bottom.
Speaker 2: The source for that is our immense wealth.
Speaker 3: They take it, they attack it and the programs with compassion that we wish to fund as Californians are being systematically looted by bad actors.
Speaker 1: Well, and one of the most prominent examples of that happened during COVID, where we still don't know the true number, but estimate show that the state of California doled out more than thirty billion dollars in fraudulent unemployment fraud.
Speaker 3: What went wrong there, Well, I have to update your number because we now have a self admitted number by the Employment Development Department itself eed D fifty five billion. And what went wrong was we shut down our economy. That was misguided. You can thank Governor Newsom for that and his executive actions. When you shut down the economy, people lose their job. When people lose their job all at once, they apply for unemployment all at once. And the Employment Development Department said, what do we do? We have limited systems. We have to make sure they're eligible. So they decided to suspend the eligibility verification.
Speaker 2: And they gave unemployment benefits to.
Speaker 3: Prisoners, to gang bangers all up and down our beautiful Golden state. They ran our trust fund to zero. They borrowed an additional twenty billion dollars from the federal government Trust Fund. Nineteen other states did the same thing. Nineteen other states repaid the loan, one state and one state only defaulted on its twenty billion dollar borrowing from the federal government. That's California. We never budgeted to repay the loan. The California the United States of America, has a way to get that back, So they raised our federal unemployment tax on every employer in the state effective January first of this year. Every employer is paying a higher tax because Gavin Newsom couldn't find a way over seven years to repay a twenty billion dollar loan out of a three hundred and twenty billion dollar budget.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you're right. We're the only state that hasn't paid back that money. And Gavin was asked about this at his big May revised presser and he claimed, well, I've always wanted us to do it, but the legislature just won't let me.
Speaker 3: Well, he that is a classic Newsom lie, because Gavin Newsom could have proposed it in the budget. The budget he put out posed budget in January. That's at his hand. The May revision is at his hand. The legislature has not weighed in yet. The legislature will have final approval, and I guarantee you they will take he asked for three hundred and fifty billion yesterday. They're going to take him to three hundred and seventy billion, which, by the way, is a doubling from the one.
Speaker 2: Hundred and eighty five billion a year pre COVID. We have doubled state spending.
Speaker 3: I ask you this question, is there a product, service, output metric of state government that is better having doubled the budget?
Speaker 2: The answer, of course is no.
Speaker 3: Is there an output metric measurable of any kind of state government that is equal to what it was seven years ago before.
Speaker 2: We double the budget?
Speaker 3: The answer again is no, which leads you to conclude that our state government is in fact a criminal operation.
Speaker 1: Well, and I'd love to get into that deeper, because we have heard this for quite a while. Steve Hilton's been talking about this, that the state budget was in the one hundred and ninety to two hundred billion dollar range seven years ago. Now we're at three hundred and fifty plus. What exactly are we spending all of that money on a How did the state budget get that much bigger in such a short amount of time. Where is that money going?
Speaker 3: Well, Health and Human services is a big one, and all the different subsidiaries there. We have Prop ninety eight, which ensures a forty percent of our general fund revenue goes to education. This year's education budget is one hundred and forty billion. When you combine the state funds with the federal funds, we're at twenty seven thousand, seven hundred and seventy six dollars per kid. Yet the metric the scorecard, we are forty six in the nation in education in terms of reading and mathematical comprehension at the fourth grade level.
Speaker 2: We have over one.
Speaker 3: Third of all people in californi ornie I didn't even qualify that as legal people in California. Over one third received medical benefits. We have massive CalFresh, we have massive.
Speaker 2: Spending through nngos, massive capital projects.
Speaker 3: Think high speed rail nine to one system that costs five hundred million dollars and was abandoned. We've we got the phizzcal system. This is the best one. Randy Fizcal billion dollars twenty years to create a searchable database of financial transactions for the public to view. It is a complete failure. It doesn't work. Two weeks ago, I set out to build a system to do what fiscal was supposed to do. We got a volunteer, We spent fifty hours, fifteen hundred dollars, and I have built what the state could not build for one billion dollars over twenty years.
Speaker 2: I launched it.
Speaker 3: This week on a new website, California Radical Transparency dot com. You can search two hundred million state transactions that I was able to scrape of various public databases, compile in one place for the citizens to view the state spending. This is the prototype for what I'll do when I'm elected state Controller and I take office in January.
Speaker 1: I just pulled up the website. Look at that. I'll be digging through that during the commercial breaks. California Radical Transparency dot Com. You know that leads to a whole other question. You know, we are the technology capital of the world. Silicon Valley is here. But when it comes to anything when you're talking about improving technology in the state of California, whether it's something as simple as building a website, building a database like you mentioned, updating nine to one one. How is it that we are never relying on the tech world that is here, and instead we're doing the traditional bidding process to whoever's the most politically connected, whether they have any idea what they're doing or not. It sure seems that the big tech companies that are based here could help us modernize our government pretty quickly.
Speaker 3: Well, they could, and many things could be outsourced. I mean a couple of examples. Right now, we're operating on a payroll system that we built ourselves from the nineteen seventies. Now the state controller is responsible for state payroll. The first thing I'm going to do when I get in office is I'm going to call the three leading payroll companies in America and say, this is what I spend processing payroll on a self built system and maintaining and servicing a system. If you can do it for half that cost, guess what, you're going to get a contract from the State of California. You're going to be very happy because we're very big, and your stock price is probably going to go up.
Speaker 2: That's an easy solution.
Speaker 3: But they don't do that. It's this cultural ineptitude. It's not my job. I don't want to deliver results. And another great example is this diaper program the governor, and he's so.
Speaker 2: Brazen about it.
Speaker 3: I don't know if he's just unintelligent, which he claims he's une intelligent, he admits that publicly, or if he's just such a brazen criminal. He says, we're going to spend twenty million dollars and we're going to purchase forty million disposable diapers. Well, you don't have to be a genius to calculate that at fifty cents. Go over to Target and you can buy both diapers for your newborn baby at sixteen cents a diaper. But he's going to buy them through an NGO, a nonprofit run by a friend of his wife's is also on her nonprofit board.
Speaker 2: And I'm sure that they have to price.
Speaker 3: In that NGOs nonprofit CEO salary.
Speaker 2: And what in the heck business does the state of.
Speaker 3: California have buying diapers to begin with, let alone paying triple to the market price.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was a wild one. Nobody expected Gavin Newsom to come out in a diaper press conference last week, but he did. But it is true with so many different things, the contracts that we're dolling out for all kinds of services. We are paying way more than the market rate for so many different things. I mean, we have so many instances of that. When it comes to you know, like the City of Los Angeles buying a building and turning it over to a nonprofit for housing where they're profiting like crazy. It sure seems that we need to help a lot more oversight on every single contract and there should be no conflicts of interest whatsoever.
Speaker 2: You are exactly correct.
Speaker 3: And the beautiful thing about the state Controller's office, this office, you know, let's see your listeners are probably I had no idea any of this existed in our state. I had no idea we had a constitucial office's job it is to prevent fraud. But the controller is plenary authority to mandate the method of financial reporting not only by state agencies, but by all fifty eight counties, four hundred and eighty two cities, all of their subsidiaries, school districts, nonprofits, high speed and the method of financial reporting hasn't been really updated or modernized since eighteen seventy nine constitution was written. The what we're going to do day one is we're going to build a large public database. Then I'm going to require every recipient of state money to adhere to my method of reporting, which is a secure electronic connection between their bank accounts at the High Speed Rail or the Fullerton School District or whatever it is, and my database. So every time they write a check, or swipe a credit card or send a wire, an electronic record will be transmitted to this open source public database, which mirrors what I've already built for fifteen hundred dollars on California Radical Transparency dot Com. We will then build a transparency war room think NASA Mission Control meets Wall Street training desk. We will monitor this twenty four to seven. We will flag suspicious patterns for human investigation, and this will stop. So it's one thing we got to go out and prosecute the fraud and get the bad guys, but we also want to stop it going forward. California Radical Transparency dot Com lays out the plan to do that.
Speaker 2: We can do it quickly, we can do it.
Speaker 3: Inexpensively, and like any good business person, I'm thinking, how do I produce more output for my constituents the state of California at an actually lower cost but culturally in California government, you tell them, hey, I want you to do something, they said, well, we're gonna have to have a scoping meeting, a marketing meeting, a DEI meeting, a meet and confer with the union meeting, and seven years later they can't agree on anything.
Speaker 2: That's the problem.
Speaker 1: The website is Herbmrgan dot com for his campaign and if you want to check out his new website, the California Radical Transparency Financial Review, just go to California Radical Transparency dot com to learn more about Herb Morgan. Herb Morgan running for California State Controller. Thank you so much for joining us.
Speaker 2: Thank you for the invitation. I'll be back anytime you'll have me.
Speaker 1: I know a lot of people want to talk about this. If you are an avid radio listener, which every single person is, then you have definitely heard of a certain commercial that was just marked as illegal in the state of California. For more here CBSLA ah, And apparently that's not why it's illegal.
Speaker 4: Chances are you've heard this jingle, but you may not hear it anymore.
Speaker 1: Go back to Mike Rogers.
Speaker 5: Mike a judge has ruled cars for kids can't keep using their ads.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, not in California. We've got the judges ruling right here. And it all stems from what they're doing with the money after you donate a car to them.
Speaker 1: Now, this all stems from all the Cars Are for Kids.
Speaker 6: This all stands from a case where a man in Orange County donated a two thousand and one Volvo to the organization. He got two hundred and fifty bucks for it, and he said, according to the judge, he thought that money was going to go to underprivileged kids here in California. He says, he thought that because of the AD's.
Speaker 3: Creak easy you'll get a vacation.
Speaker 1: Oh do we have to play the ad? I skipped ahead.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because kids are our future is what the text on the bottom of the ad says. But he was shocked to find out that the money doesn't go to kids in California at all, instead goes to Cars for Kids Sister Foundation Ourrah, which is a Jewish organization based in New Jersey that actually benefits teenagers. Now, this case went to court in Orange County. The judge ruled that ultimately Cars for Kids is using misleading practices and advertising here in the state of California, which.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the kids in those ads are like six years old, violates state law.
Speaker 6: I want to show you some of the testimony that was given in court, and this was in the judge's ruling. The COO testified that the organization's primary purpose is not to help economically disadvantaged children. The COEO in court went on to say programs include matchmaking for young adults and gap year trips to Israel for seventeen and eighteen year olds.
Speaker 1: That's where that's a little different than Cars for Kids.
Speaker 6: That's where the majority of the funding is going.
Speaker 1: And then also it's going for birthright trips.
Speaker 6: And then also admitted that Cars for Kids operates no functional programs in California except for a backpack giveaway that they admitted it is also for marketing.
Speaker 1: Purposes and branding purposes.
Speaker 6: I want to show you the response from Cars for Kids. Cars for Kids says, we believe the decision is deeply flawed, ignores the facts, and misapplies the law. It's well known that we are a Jewish organization, and our website makes it abundantly clear. Take a look and judge for yourself. Then they gave us the link to their website. Their statement goes on to say, we believe this case was nothing more than a lawyer driven attempt to siphon off charitable funds for their own gain.
Speaker 1: We expect to win on.
Speaker 6: Appeal because the law and the facts are clearly on our side. I want to point something out about their first part of the statement that the judged directly addresses.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 6: You saw in their statement look for yourself go to Carsfrokids dot org. But the judge says, people that hear this ad on the radio or.
Speaker 1: TV, and they've heard it a jillion times.
Speaker 6: Shouldn't have to go to the website to understand exactly where the funds are going.
Speaker 1: The judge says, the ads do not, especially when the whole thing is they want you to call them.
Speaker 6: The judge says, the ads do not make it clear that this is an organization benefiting Jewish children in New Jersey, and in fact, none of the funds are a very small amount of the funds are actually benefiting kids here in California. Now, as you heard from Cars for Kids, they plan to appeal, but this is a long standing issue. In fact, this issue has already been taken up in other states as well, and judges in other states.
Speaker 1: How many other states have had lawsuits against this organization.
Speaker 6: Have ruled in similar manners. So we'll see how they do on appeal. But for now, for kids commercials that we've all known for decades, the longer allowed to be played in California.
Speaker 1: Very eye opening for sure, right, so your ears are going to be very happy. That's the moral of that story. The phone number to join us is eight hundred two two two five two two two one eight hundred two two two five two two two. You can email us. We try to read and respond to as many emails as we can at Johnny Don't Like Show at gmail dot com. I also have my personal email address, Randy Wang Radio at gmail dot com. Search for the John Phillips Show wherever you get your podcast. And by the way, I'm just gonna tell you right now, if you downloaded the twelve o'clock hour of today's show and it sounded like the two o'clock hour of yesterday's show, I fixed it. So download it again and make sure to check out my five o'clock show. It's called The News Blitz with Randy Wang. You can search for the KABC News Blitz wherever you get your podcasts, or if you want to listen live, we're on live at five after Frank Motech on seven ninety KABC in Southern California. But if you're in the Bay or listening online already, just stream it at KABC dot com. And I gotta keep pitching this because I'm so proud of it. I about four months ago decided to redo the way that I do show prep for this show and my other show as well, and that was to organize it in a way where I have every single day's show prep memorialized. I put it on my blog, the California Report, which is the name that I said I would call this thing till I came up with a better name, and I haven't come up with a better game yet. So it's the California Report, and it is my rundown. I have I think sixteen stories today of all the things that are going on in the state of California. We don't have time to get to all of them. I really wish we did, and we're working on ways to give you even more of the content that we already did prep for, so stay tuned for that. But like, for instance, I put together sixteen different cuts. Today we've gotten to one, two, three, four, So there's a lot of stuff on there that we haven't had a chance to get to. I'll get to a little bit of it at the five o'clock hour. That is when I do my daily recap, my rundown. Even though I don't have time to play you every single story, I'm gonna give you a little recap of every single thing that's going on. So check that out at randywangradio dot substack dot com. Here is an issue near and dear to my heart. It is the fight going on right now in Sacramento between Gavin Newsom and the unions representing state workers. Why is Gavin getting into a tiff with the union because Gavin Newsom for the last three years has been trying to get state workers to go back into the office in Sacramento four days a week. Most of the staffers currently go in two days a week, but that's not good enough for Gavin. For more on this, here's KCRA three in Sacramento.
Speaker 3: The state workers have to go back to the office to work in person this summer.
Speaker 1: Maybe because that's what Gavin said last year and the union got it delayed, and I got to imagine the union has some more chips to play because maybe, just maybe they'll support the next governor, and the next governor will say, now you can stay remote. This has been a great question to ask the candidates at the debate, but of course we're not going.
Speaker 7: To do that person this summer.
Speaker 8: The governor's office told cabinet secretaries they need workers in the office starting July first. In case here every threees on Heja Jafari shares how workers and their union are fighting against this mandate.
Speaker 5: It's taken months for a timeline to be agreed upon, but starting July first, state workers will no longer be working from home.
Speaker 7: Well, the email came out of left field.
Speaker 9: We were kind of anticipating it to come, but we just weren't sure when.
Speaker 1: They were sure. Gavin would back down because he's supposed to be completely checked out. But I'm guessing this is something he has to tick off the bar to say that he's willing to stand up to the unions when he goes and runs for president. I don't know if that'll work.
Speaker 9: It was very straightforward, basically saying July first year, coming back to the office four days a week with no type of explanation behind it.
Speaker 6: You're just doing that.
Speaker 5: According to Governor Newsom's office, hybrid schedules involving telework cannot be more than one day each week.
Speaker 3: Change is hard.
Speaker 10: I'm empathetic.
Speaker 7: Everybody is unique.
Speaker 1: Whose voice is more grating to you, Tom Steyer or Gavin Newsom. Let's not do four more years of great please.
Speaker 10: Change is hard. I'm empathetic. Everybody is unique, criteria circumstances. By the way, we try to accommodate for that four days a week. Nice to see you again, I mean be nice to see you again. Nice to see you again, nice to run into you in the hall.
Speaker 1: Okay, so let me get this straight. We need to send all this eight workers back to the office, even though they've been doing these jobs remotely for the past six years, so they can stand around the water cooler and talk about who's getting dumped on Love Island tonight. Look, there is definitely reasons to have in person meetings. I'd say once a week would be great. Everyone get together, Everyone collaborate. There are certain benefits that you get from face to face collaboration. I should know, you know I'm one of the few people at this radio station that has to go in every single day, and I complain about it every single day. But you know, our sales staff, some of our other production staff, they go in a little more hybrid, so they're here like three days a week, and it is good to have that face to face communication. It helps me brainstorm some great ideas with our sales department. But I know how office is work, and I know how much idle chit chat goes on because people are all just hanging out together, where if you're at home, maybe you just have your head down and you're just getting your work done because people aren't bothering you with every little thing. So there are some benefits to being in person, But I would argue as long as you're someone who's actually doing your work, there are some benefits to working from home.
Speaker 7: Nice to develop a relationship. Nice and I feel so alone.
Speaker 5: Cali Jar renegotiated the agreements with unions to delay this until the summer, but SEIU Local one thousand continues.
Speaker 7: It's push for telework.
Speaker 1: We want the state and this union is not going to go quietly back into the office.
Speaker 4: We want the state to bargain in good faith, and unfortunately they have not done so, and so the next step for us was to fire file an unfair labor practice charge.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 1: By the way, there is a legitimate concern of you know, because this has been going on for so long, some of the people that have worked at some of these state departments now what these jobs actually are. Who knows, And maybe we have too many of them. But that's a different conversation for a different day. But some of these state workers are only working for the state because it's a remote job. You might see a whole bunch of people that say, screw it, I'll go work somewhere else.
Speaker 7: One state worker says, as a miss the.
Speaker 1: People who like their work from home. They really like their work from home. And I know there's lots of categories where this doesn't make sense, but there's plenty of categories of work where it does. And look, as somebody who was an essential worker all throughout COVID, I had to drive in every day when everyone had to stay home, and there were really bad things about that, but there were also no traffic coming to Culver City and I do miss those days. And I'm not saying we have to go back to that that's not what we're doing. But there are certain categories, including government workers, where do you really need to be there in person to begin with, I think we shut down La City Hall. Everyone works remote and they turn that billy into a homeless shelter. Let's do it what it already smells like.
Speaker 5: One one state worker says, as a manager, he's concerned this will have a negative impact on the work life balance of his staff.
Speaker 1: You also got to think about the additional cost of living, because now you're taking state workers who were accustomed to only having to go in two days a week, doubling how much commuting they're doing when gas prices are hitting seven dollars a gallon. Also, in places like Sacramento, you're going to have to pay for parking.
Speaker 9: Everyone has different things going on outside of work, childcare, school, taking care of elderly parents, and things like that where they use that telework as a resource to kind of help with that.
Speaker 12: They're going to have to go back to driving to work and finding day care.
Speaker 1: And that means more cars on the road, which means more emission in the sky. Wait a second, I thought, and it always is funny to me it's like we're always trying to rethink the wheel with how we're going to relieve the congestion that's on the freeways, the awful traffic that we experience in our cities every single day. So we've got to build a subway that takes thirty years in Los Angeles, we got to build a high speed rail that will never be completed. We have to plan for this idea we talked about yesterday of high speed buses along the freeway in their own dedicated lane. But really, if you just incentivized twenty percent of the population to work on an organized remote work schedule on rotating one day a week, wouldn't that take a big portion of the cars off the road almost immediately if the government actually incentivized it. But they won't do it, because if you incentivize it, that means that people will work from somewhere else. I've said it before and I'll say it again. If this company ever actually lets me work remote full time, I will be moving part time to Santa Fe. Not full time, but part time.
Speaker 12: Finding day care for their children like after school and things like that. So they hadn't had to deal with now for a few years. So that's a hardship.
Speaker 5: On the other hand, an increase in foot traffic could benefit some businesses.
Speaker 1: And this is the other thing. As much as I am a huge fan of restaurants and cafes and sandwich shops, I really get irritated by the idea of, well, we have to send people back to the office that don't want to go back to the office because the sandwich shop needs the business. First off, because they're spending so much on gas, they might be taking a sack lunch to work. But also, shouldn't it be on the state of California and the City of sac to repurpose those empty office buildings? For instance, we're wasting a billion dollars on the Capital Annex project. Do we even need that if we have all this empty office space already in Sacramento? Or I don't know, we keep talking about how we're in a housing shortage. I know it's more complicated than it sounds, but maybe we do a little adaptive reuse for all of these commercial buildings that we do not need. I don't think you're ever going to reverse the trend of having thirty percent plus vacancies in downtown Sacramento. Downtown San Francisco, downtown Oakland, and downtown Los Angeles.
Speaker 11: We know that they need to get back into their offices because it's hurting the economy for Sacramento, because you know, if an empty if the offices are empty, then you know there's no one to go to the restaurants or anything. And it's all the way around.
Speaker 7: The union, however, says that side of it is not their priority.
Speaker 1: It's also not their problem. If nobody's using the building, then we should figure out a way for someone to use the building.
Speaker 13: Our job as state employees is to continue to provide critical services to Californians. It has nothing to do with making sure that downtown hubs are functioning in a you know, in a good way, or that they're making money in Sacramento.
Speaker 7: I'm on ju Jufari case here three news.
Speaker 8: Governor Newsom's office says ninety eight percent of departments have enough office space to welcome back workers.
Speaker 1: He says the unions say they don't.
Speaker 8: For the other two percent, they should continue working with a Department of General Services and thinks strategically about extending space availability.
Speaker 1: And of course, Gavin says, we have to do this because.
Speaker 7: Nice to run into you in the hall.
Speaker 1: Because what we need in our offices from our state workers is more idle, inane chit chat.
Speaker 7: Nice to see you again, Nice to run here?
Speaker 1: Are you watching Perfect Match? Or are you watching loves Blind?
Speaker 7: Nice to run into you in the hall?
Speaker 1: What you're watching Love is Blind Mexico? Are you watching that? Dubbed or subbed?
Speaker 7: Nice to develop a relationship?
Speaker 1: How about the new Love Island? Are you excited for the American version of the British version?
Speaker 10: Nice to develop a relationship?
Speaker 1: Also, I don't know if i'd use the term relationship. State workers aren't supposed to be doing that with each other. Look, you might ask, Randy, are you talking about this for your own selfish reasons? Because you don't want to drive to Culver City anymore? Maybe Johnny is back on Monday. If you'd like to email us, you can do so at Johnny Don't Like Show at gmail dot com. That's Johnny Don't like Show at gmail dot com, or my email address at Randy Wangradio at gmail dot com. Will wrights in and says greasynewsome has a lot of nerve pressing overpaid Madonna state pencil pushers to work more than two days a week, when that's two days more than he's ever worked in the entirety of his life. Eric writes in at Johnny don't like show at gmail dot com, you are spot on regarding working from home. Get rid of the offices, sell the buildings. The big savings for taxpayers is the government workers can't steal the post it notes from the office. If there is no longer an office to steal from, those are pricey. I've had a lot of fun with you all this week. It is really, really, really been a blast. As I said, I used to stress out a little about having to do four hours a day all by myself minus the guests. But first, huge shout out to Tricia who does our booking. She got us some excellent, excellent guests this week. And I always love to try to feature people that you don't regularly hear on this show that we've tried out on the five o'clock show, that I like to say are ready for primetime. And so we had a lot of fun this week with some of my favorites. Love that Elizabeth Barko'honna, Juan Nala, Tom Wolf, Susan Dyer, Reynolds, We've had a really, really, really fun week Joey Tuccio. I know those interviews are hard to hear, but he is. It is so important what he's doing and what's going on with the animal abuse that I'm glad somebody out there is talking about it. Now. I'm about done, but the weekend's not starting for me just yet, because I'm going to be jumping on the four to five freeway, which let's just check right now, how awful is it gonna be on a Friday. It's usually pretty darn bad. It says fifty one minutes, eh, fifty eight minutes, and I always have to decide if I'm getting off on the four h five or if I'm getting off on the one oh one, and either way is terrible. But then I'll be back on the air from my home studio to do the News Blitz at five o'clock. It airs on seven ninety KABC at five o'clock, but you can also stream it wherever you are at KABC dot com. The Bay Area stories that didn't get a chance to cover that I will be covering in the news Blitz, including a new proposal to make it easier to build housing in San Francisco by banning what they call the shadow rule, where apparently you can sue to stop a development over Siqua in San Francisco based on how long the building shadow is supposed to cast. Ultimately, maybe what we need to do is eliminate the private right of action to sue anybody from anywhere. At Viragosa had a decent line about this during the debate. People in Richmond, Virginia are able to sue to stop a project going on in Richmond, California. That's not bad for what is definitely his final debate performance. Ever, and Waimo is continuing to expand their service to Cooper, Tino and Campbell. Look at that. We have listeners out there in Campbell, hi Erin and I'm a big fan of the Waimos. You know what, I just found out Wamo's are now operating in Dallas. So that means the next time I go to Dallas, which is actually very soon, I'm going to take a Waimo to meet Cosina with my wife, and my wife and I are gonna have some ranch waters and we're gonna have some Caso blanco with the brisket in there, and we're not gonna have to worry about driving back because the robot's gonna drive us back. That's gonna be great. Have a wonderful weekend, everybody. We'll see a Monday with John Phillips from noon to three right here on The John Phillips Show.