Speaker 1: It is the John Phillips Show. Johnny is on vacation and he'll be back on Monday. So it's Randy Wang here and the phone number to join us is eight hundred two two two five two two two one eight hundred two two two five two two two. You can email us at Johnny Don't Like show at gmail dot com or my personal email, Randy Wang Radio at gmail dot com. Subscribe to my substack where you can see all the show prep that we did for today, all the stories that we're trying to cover at randywangradio dot substack dot com. If this show was six hours, we could cover all the stuff I prep for, and of course search for the John Phillips Show wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: It is election season.
Speaker 1: As of May twelfth, two percent of Californians have voted, one point eight percent of Democrats, two point nine percent of Republicans, and one point five percent of no party preferencers. The governor's race is the top thing that people will be voting for. All sixty one candidates are on the ballot, and we have some new polling out showing that the Javier Besserah bump is still climbing scrub a dub dub is in first place in the latest poll from Emerson College in California. Inside California Politics, Javier Bessera, the former secretary of Joe What was his job again?
Speaker 2: For Secretary of Health and Educations?
Speaker 3: Are I nominated Javier Bakaria?
Speaker 1: Wasn't his name? Wasn't the job? Besserah pulling at nineteen percent in this latest poll, followed by Steve Hilton at seventeen percent, tied with Tom Steyer. Interesting, Chad Bianco well below them at eleven percent. What we have seen, and this is pretty consistent with a lot of polls. After two weeks of NonStop debates, you had the kt you had the you had the KTLA debate. I'm forgetting what the company's name was, next our media excuse me, so KTLA and cron Ford and Fox forty. Then you had the CBS debate. That's the one that John and I got to attend thanks to our friend Julie Watts. Then you had the CNN debate, and then you had the NBC debate. After all of these debates, one thing is definitely clear that a lot of people who were looking at splitting the vote between Steve Hilton and Chad Bianco. Didn't really care for Chad Bianco's debate performance, and he is slipping far below where Bianco's at seventeen percent. Excuse me, Bianco's at eleven percent, Stiri and Hilton at seventeen percent. And again this is just one poll. We have another poll that we will cover. Kat Porter is in fifth place. Oh, Matt Mayhan is slowly climbing, but it's probably too little, too late, at eight percent, and Tonio Viragosa at four percent and Tony Thurman at one percent. Now, in just in case you don't think that that pole is super accurate, let's look at another pole. This has been to research, could be binder research, I don't know. And this one has Hilton in first place with twenty three percent, followed by scrub A Dub dub, Javier Bisera, followed by Tom Steyer at fifteen percent. So you have twenty three Hilton, twenty two Bisera fifteen Styre way below thirteen, Bianco, twelve, Porter, seven, Mayhen six, I don't know, two Viragosa and one Therman. I mean, I understand why if you've gone this far, you're not going to drop out now, But Tony Thurman, it's not happening, and Tony V is not happening.
Speaker 2: In fact at this point.
Speaker 1: As much as I really like his policies and I was even considering voting for him, and I don't think you should ever vote for somebody based on that you think that they're going to win. You should vote whoever you think the best person is, regardless of you know of what their chances are. You vote for the person that you most identify with that you think is should be in charge of this massive state. But the Mayhem thing doesn't seem to be happening, and Katie Porter seems to definitely have a ceiling when it comes to her support. You're out of my shot at least ever since that thing happened. But what we are seeing in these polls is Besserah, even with all the attacks that are getting thrown at him, whether it's the attacks about the scandal involving Dana Williamson where money was being wired out of his campaign account to his former aid who went to go work for him in the Fed government a lower salary, or the whole HHS Missing Kids scandal which the first thing that he'll say is oh no, no, no, no, that is just that's just magataking points right there, even though it was a New York Times investigation. But it hasn't really hurt him. And maybe part of the problem is both of those stories are very complicated and not as cut and dry as Eric Swalwell accused rapist. So with that being said, as Bessarah is riding quite a high on polls from last week, he ended up doing something this week that of every single thing that people are going after Javier Basera for might be the most damaging one to his campaign. Much like our girl Katie Porter when she was the front runner, she ended up getting knocked off of that perch for acting kind of crazy. In an interview with our friend Julie Watts of CBS News Investigates. In fact, it was this very show that and when John was on vacation where I found that sound in the middle of a thirty minute segment and I played it. We told people where it was and it went everywhere.
Speaker 4: Well to those voters.
Speaker 5: Okay, so you I don't want to keep doing this, I'm gonna call it. Thank you. You're not gonna do the interview with them. Nope, not like this. I'm not not with seven follow ups to every single question you ask.
Speaker 1: That was the moment where people started really paying attention to Katie Porter's temperament. And that's when somebody apparently affiliated with Stier released this video out of my shot. Javier Bisera has now had his Katie Porter moment, and it's not a good look for him.
Speaker 2: What is his Katie Porter moment? It's simple.
Speaker 1: He sat down with KTLA to do an interview because he's running for governor, and the very beginning of the interview something that maybe he thought they weren't going to include in the interview. He says something pretty darn telling. Let's go to KTLA and just a small note to everyone at KTLA, I'm glad you're doing these interviews. Can you please post the full interview on YouTube? And in fact, inside California Politics, which is the show that's hosted by Niki Lorenzo, they don't post any of their content on YouTube.
Speaker 2: Why. Annie Rose joins us now with that, Annie Rose, good.
Speaker 4: Morning, Hey guys, good morning.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we approached all of the top gubernatorial candidates running in this race, leading us to six candidates.
Speaker 4: Our request was the same.
Speaker 6: To each of their teams for a sit down interview at a location of their choosing for roughly twenty five minutes.
Speaker 4: The purpose, so you are viewers.
Speaker 6: Could become acquainted with each candidate, their history, their campaigns, and their platforms. Here's our interview with former HHS Secretary Javier Bissetta. This is the start of our interview with Javier Bista in Highland Park.
Speaker 7: By the way, this is a profile piece.
Speaker 8: This is not a gotcha piece.
Speaker 2: Right whoa.
Speaker 1: This is the first thing he says as they put the mic on him as the interview is about to begin. And I don't know if he thought he was trying to be funny, but that is a bad luck.
Speaker 7: By the way, this is a profile piece. This is not a gotcha piece.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 4: Well, look, I think we're these questions are fair.
Speaker 6: It's in order to learn about you as a candidate.
Speaker 9: So why it's about the profile.
Speaker 2: I don't know how the profile?
Speaker 1: Okay, somebody, Javier Bessera is uniquely bad at interviews. I know this from his first interview when he announced he was running for governor with Alex Michaelson of then Fox eleven scrub and he said that ten thousand times, and then we made fun of it. He stopped saying scrub it almost immediately. I feel like we influenced that campaign.
Speaker 9: But when you do the scrub but he's.
Speaker 1: Terrible on the debate stage. But the attitude that he has of is this a profile or is this a hit piece? I'm going to play you the exchange he had with Annie Rose Ramos uninterrupted.
Speaker 7: By the way, this is a profile piece. This is not a gotcha piece. Right, Well, look, I.
Speaker 4: Think these questions are fair.
Speaker 6: It's in order to learn about you as a candidate.
Speaker 9: So one is about the profile.
Speaker 6: I don't know how you define profile, but I'd like to begin the.
Speaker 10: Interview the way I described profile is you talk about all the things that I've done, things I want to do, and along with some tough questions.
Speaker 7: But not only tough questions.
Speaker 1: It's never a good look when the subject of the interview thinks that they get to dictate how the interview is going to go, especially when you've been in the public eye for decades and decades you know that you're miked in your on camera and you think this is a good look. Al I'm saying is, and this is such a minor thing compared to the AHHS scandal how he ran the AHHS or the emerging scandal with Sean McCluskey and Dana Williamson. But it is a something that's simple that people can digest. And also, every single one of his opponents have capitalized on this, and they're already running ads. In fact, Matt Mahan put together an ad featuring this nonsense matched up with this nonsense well to those voters.
Speaker 5: Okay, so I don't want to keep doing this.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna call it, but let's hear the whole interview, because even though most people are just going to pay attention to those initial thirty seconds where he complains after sitting down that you're not going to do a hit piece on me, are you? The whole interview didn't go well for him, and we only have the snippets that they put in this seven minute piece, But I sure would love to listen to that whole thirty minute interview. You know who's great at posting the full interview even when all of it's not going to make the broadcast. Kc III Ashley Zavalla Every Sunday morning, the entire thirty minute interview right there on YouTube for me to do my meal prep.
Speaker 7: By the way, this is a profile piece.
Speaker 8: This is not a gotcha piece.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 4: Well, look, I.
Speaker 6: Think we're these questions are fair. It's in order to learn about you as a candidate.
Speaker 9: So why is about the profile.
Speaker 6: I don't know how you define profile, but I'd like to begin the interview.
Speaker 10: The way I describe profile is you talk about all the things that I've done, things I want to do, and a along with some tough questions.
Speaker 3: But not only tough.
Speaker 4: Questions profile peace or not.
Speaker 6: Katila had tough questions for Javier Bezerra, the nation's former Health and Human Services secretary in California's former attorney general now running for governor.
Speaker 1: If you want to make sure a reporter asks you a bunch of tough questions, ask them not to ask you tough questions.
Speaker 4: I want to begin with homelessness.
Speaker 6: We could not find a plan on your website when it comes to tackling this issue, So can you explain what your plan is?
Speaker 1: Seems like one of the big things, But Javier Besara doesn't really have a whole lot of details. And in fact, if there's any person on that stage, that would be a continuation of the eight years that we've had of Gavin.
Speaker 2: Newsom, began Berger.
Speaker 1: It's that Javier Bisera would be a continuation of big, bold proclamations with no follow through.
Speaker 10: That is something we are mindful of making sure we address the issue of accountability.
Speaker 3: If we're sending.
Speaker 2: Billions, already sending the Gavin new some.
Speaker 11: Word accountability, accountability, accountability.
Speaker 3: Making sure we address the issue of accountability.
Speaker 10: If we're sending billions of dollars into cities and counties from the state taxpayer dollars, we have to make sure that people see the results.
Speaker 4: So who is delivering results? In your mind, what city in California is doing this right?
Speaker 1: This is a great question, although he'll never answer it because you could say San Jose, But then why wouldn't we just vote for the mayor of San Jose.
Speaker 4: So who is delivering results? In your mind? What city in California is doing this right?
Speaker 10: I don't know if there's any city I would tell you that's doing it right. There are cities that are trying to do it, But when you still see that there are people living on the streets, you wonder, what can we do better.
Speaker 4: Let's move on to gas tax.
Speaker 1: Well, you could say Burbank's doing it right. They kick all those people out to North Hollywood.
Speaker 4: Let's move on to gas tax. Mayor mayhon is saying he'd suspend it.
Speaker 10: So did mister Mayhann explain how we would try to fix those roads and bridges if he's going to set in the gas tax.
Speaker 1: Just a quick reminder, and Besarah is the one who wants to die on the hill of the gas tax. The gas tax, because of hybrids and electric and PEVs, has already gone down in the amount of revenue that the state collects from it, to the point where last year it collected eight billion dollars. The budget of the state of California is around three hundred and fifty billion dollars.
Speaker 2: At this point. It's a rounding error.
Speaker 1: You could definitely find the money to fix our roads and bridges, which by the way, are in terrible condition compared to other states that have snow with the money that we already have spend it.
Speaker 10: So did mister Mayhanon explain how we would try to fix those roads and bridges if he's going to suspend the gas tax.
Speaker 1: You do not need a specific tax to solve a specific issue. We are starting to do democracy all the cart in the state of California. You like the fire department, well you better vote for the fire tax. You like the roads, you better vote for the road tax. We're supposed to pay a simple tax, and the government is supposed to spend that money correctly and responsibly, not overspend to the point where we're not spending on the things that we need. And then they try to tach you for those things.
Speaker 6: But experts we spoke to this morning say California is on the verge of a gas crisis because the state's largest refineries are shutting their operations.
Speaker 4: What is your plan to bring down gas prices?
Speaker 6: Would you try and get any of these oil refineries to reopen?
Speaker 3: Those refineries do something very important.
Speaker 10: They make it possible for California drivers to have access to the gasoling we need.
Speaker 4: What are you doing here?
Speaker 1: He doesn't really have any answers for any of these problems. Javi Arbasara might be even more light on the details than Gavin Newsom.
Speaker 4: I don't know why we're so damned sheepish.
Speaker 1: And what does it say about the average California voter that this guy is the front runner now.
Speaker 10: No, I don't know enough to give you any good information, but good luck finding someone who does.
Speaker 1: We've got more of this disaster of an interview with Javier Bacharia, so stick it right here and you can always email us at Johnny don't like show at gmail dot com, or if you want to send me a personal email, Randy Wang Radio at gmail dot com. Greg writes in and says, wtf does this idiot think are already high taxes are for? They always need a little more. Open the books and show me what you're doing with the money we're already giving you, and what road repair every road in La is like riding the matterhorn as somebody that drives the roads of La every day. I can say that statement is true. We've got a lot more coming up from this javierba Sera interview Javier, but Sarah pulling in first place now. But of every damaging thing that has been talked about with his campaign, nothing is getting more attention than him complaining to the reporter before the interview even starts that he doesn't want this to be a hit piece. The phone number if you'd like to join us is eight hundred two two two five two two two. You can email us at Johnny Don't Like Show at gmail dot com, or my personal email address is Randy Wang Radio at gmail dot com. Search for the John Phillips Show wherever you get your podcasts, and if you've already done that, I would also appreciate if you would subscribe to my other show, so I do a local hour, although I talk about all California issues like we do here, called the KABC News Blitz. It airs at five o'clock on KABC in Southern California, and if you'd like to hear it, whether you're in Southern California, northern California, what have you, you can stream it at KABC dot com or search for the KABC News Blitz wherever you get your podcasts. You know what we should do right now? We should get you give away some tickets. Seven ninety KABC welcomes Andrea Bocelli to the Hollywood Ball September fifteenth and sixteenth. Tickets are on sale now at ticketmaster dot com, but right now, collar number nine at one eight A eight seven ninety five two two two gets a pair of tickets to the show on September sixteenth, tickets furnished by Live Nation Good Luck Dialing. Javier Besserah is not going to be having a very good week because of the interview he did with KTLA. Which is funny because a day after this interview is when we saw polling showing him overtaking Steve Hilton for that first spot. At this point, the top two Republican things, at least in my opinion, is not going to happen. John has put that on his voter guide that that's the thing that he is wanting to have happen.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's going to happen.
Speaker 1: But Javier Bisera of all the scandals that have pretty much bounced off of him, whether it be the Dana Williamson thing, whether it be the stuff when he was at HHS, all that is so complicated. What's not complicated was this exchange with Annie Rose Ramos of KTLA.
Speaker 6: This is the start of our interview with Javier Brissa in Highland Park.
Speaker 7: By the way, this is a profile piece. This is not a gotcha piece.
Speaker 8: Right, Well, look, I.
Speaker 6: Think we're these questions are fair. It's in order to learn about you as a candidate.
Speaker 9: So why it's about the profile.
Speaker 6: I don't know how you define profile, but I'd like to begin the interview the way.
Speaker 10: I described profile is you talk about all the things that I've done, things I want to do, and along with some tough questions, but not only tough questions.
Speaker 1: That is just succynct enough. And because it is on video, it's getting shared everywhere. Look, if there is anything that is going to slow down the Baccaria train as people are currently voting, in my opinion, that might do it, scrub it, because let's not forget who was the front runner in this race before a bad interview changed everything.
Speaker 5: Well to those voters. Okay, so you I don't want to keep doing this, I'm gonna call it. Thank you.
Speaker 4: You're not gonna do the interview.
Speaker 5: With them, Nope, not like this. I'm not not with seven follow ups to every single question you ask.
Speaker 1: With that, let's get back to the interview between Javier Bsera and KTLA's Annie Rose Ramos. She was asking him about what are you going to do to keep the refineries open?
Speaker 4: What is your plan to bring down gas prices?
Speaker 6: Would you try and get any of these oil refineries to reopen?
Speaker 3: Those refineries?
Speaker 10: Do something very important they make it possible for California drivers to have access to the gasoling we need.
Speaker 1: So what do you do to keep the refineries open? Refineries good? I'm sure every single person that is running for governor, at least the top candidates, they all have a certain level of intelligence. You would imagine they've had careers. A lot of them have law degrees. That being said, just as an objective watcher and consumer of a lot of interviews with a lot of candidates, in my humble opinion, the dumbest sounding candidate of all of them, and it's not even close, is Javier Bessera scrub It. Going back to that original interview with Alex Michaelson. Maybe he's a lot smarter off camera, but he sure doesn't come off that way on camera.
Speaker 4: What are you doing here? Are you taking away regulations? Are you asking them to come back?
Speaker 10: I want to work with them so they can continue to provide to Khasoline.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm gonna work with him. We're going to talk to him.
Speaker 1: His answer to everything is we're gonna put everyone in a room and we're gonna come to a decision. He has no concrete plans for anything. How do you going to solve the housing crisis. Well, we're gonna build. Okay, If it was that simple, why isn't Gavin Newsoen doing that right now?
Speaker 2: I don't know what we're gonna build.
Speaker 4: Want to move on to affordability.
Speaker 6: As governor, you say you will declare a state of emergency that would then allow you to quote freeze utility rates which continue to increase because these private investor utility companies aren't making profit.
Speaker 3: You're paying a lot of money.
Speaker 10: I bet you couldn't explain why, And that's why I'm saying it's time to freeze the rates right now. Let's get behind the current, figure out why.
Speaker 1: So they're already expensive, let's make sure they don't go up anymore.
Speaker 2: Okay, bet you're paying a lot of money.
Speaker 3: I bet you couldn't explain why.
Speaker 1: TG and E got six rate increases in a year. Can we explain that?
Speaker 10: One bet you're paying a lot of money. I bet you couldn't explain why. And that's why I'm saying it's time to freeze the rates right now. Let's get behind the current, figure out why, and if the companies have a great explanation, will accept it.
Speaker 3: I think people will accept that want to move on.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm going to tell you right now, this right here, this answer tells me that he will be another in the long line of politicians paid off by pg and EF.
Speaker 10: You're paying a lot of money. I bet you couldn't explain why. And that's why I'm saying it's time to freeze the rates right now. Let's get behind the current figure out why, and if the companies have a great explanation, will accept it.
Speaker 9: I think people will accept that.
Speaker 1: So what's going to happen is he is going to with the stroke of a pen, freeze the rates till we can investigate why the rates are so high. And then he will come out with a press conference with PGD and so cal Edison and they will say, well, we need to raise the rates so that we can continue to protect this state from wildfires and improve our infrastructure, and Bisarah will say that's great, you can continue to increase your rates.
Speaker 6: Want to move on to your time as HHS secretary. Some critics called you the quote invisible Secretaries.
Speaker 3: Came in during the height of the COVID pandemic.
Speaker 10: When we left after seven hundred million COVID vaccine shots in the arms of Americans. Never once people having to pay a penny so they could be safe and not die.
Speaker 6: During your time as anxious as Secretary, a New York Times investigation found the Health Department couldn't find some eighty five thousand children it had released.
Speaker 3: That's not accurate. What you just read is not accurate.
Speaker 2: That's what the report says.
Speaker 3: That's not accurate. What you just read is not accurate. First, that's what I'll say, because it was never the case that.
Speaker 9: We could not find kids.
Speaker 10: You're essentially, I don't know if you've got those talking points from Donald Trump, So now.
Speaker 1: You're accusing the local KTLA journalist who's referencing a New York Times report of spouting out MAGA talking points. He gets really defensive about this, And what's funny is a lot of the incoming fire about his time in the Biden administration is coming from a lot of the Biden people.
Speaker 12: For Secretary of Health and Educations over I nominated Jaber Bakaria.
Speaker 1: Don't forget that Nancy Pelosi threw a fit when they nominated Besserah for HHS because she said he's domb and not trustworthy. She didn't exactly say that, But to my understanding, it was something like that we love everybody.
Speaker 2: I'm sure you do.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you've got those talking points from Donald Trump.
Speaker 4: It's from a New York Times article.
Speaker 9: That's not what the New York Times article said.
Speaker 10: The New York Times said that individuals of the children and their sponsors did not respond to cause they didn't say we couldn't find kids.
Speaker 1: Well, wouldn't that mean that you couldn't find them if they the number that was provided to the guardian that you released them to didn't return the call. Again, I think this is a very complicated story, and it was from a long time ago. If anything's going to knock him off the perch of first place, it's this interview.
Speaker 6: Working overnight in slaughterhouses replacing roofs, operating machineries and factories, children as young as fourteen years old.
Speaker 10: That part occurred after these children had left the care of Department of Healthy Human Services.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but who did you release them to?
Speaker 1: Traffickers, coyotes, people that wanted to employ child labor.
Speaker 2: Kathy Lee Gifford, do.
Speaker 6: You let these children go into those individual sponsors in their responsibility?
Speaker 10: Some of these kids, probably because they needed to earn some money, started working places that were very exploitive.
Speaker 1: All the kids needed to make a buck, so they needed to just get a job. It wasn't that we released them into an exploitative environment. They just you know, they had to pull themselves up by their bootstraps.
Speaker 10: Some of these kids, probably because they needed to earn some money, started working places that were very exploited.
Speaker 6: You've said, we need a governor who is going to quote fight Donald Trump, not agree with him.
Speaker 4: So how will you work with the President Donald.
Speaker 3: Trump the way I did it when I was attorney general.
Speaker 4: So you're going to continue to take him to the courts as Keviny.
Speaker 10: What we'll also do is work on the other side, because it's not just about attack, attack attack. We will defend ourselves as we must, but also work with them.
Speaker 1: I would really love to hear that entire twenty five minute interview, because I don't think in the four and a half minutes that we've heard so far, of the snippets from the interview, we've heard one actual concrete policy idea from this guy.
Speaker 6: Now, we also press Secretary of Bassetta about how his former chief of staff pleaded guilty to stealing money from Bassetta's campaign account, the Sarah describing this as a gut punching everyone.
Speaker 1: That's his scripted line, and he says it every single time.
Speaker 6: The Sarah describing this as a gut punching. Everyone should be accountable for what they do. And while Bassetta has not been charged with any wrongdoing in this case, Sacramento Bee is now reporting this morning anonymous complaints were submitted just yesterday accusing Baseta of violating campaign finance laws. He has not yet commented on this report.
Speaker 1: I was struck by how the conversation began with this idea of your doing a profile.
Speaker 2: You're not gonna this isn't a hit piece.
Speaker 8: Well well context.
Speaker 1: Yeah, even Frank Buckley is perplexed, like, boy, are you just trying to implode your own campaign?
Speaker 8: Well, totally context.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I was caught off guard.
Speaker 1: Because, especially in the context of a former front runner imploded her campaign by saying stupid things to a reporter totally context.
Speaker 6: Honestly, I was caught off guard because it was so dramatically different from any of the other candidates that we had approached and sat down with. This was one of our final interviews as you saw, We've interviewed Sheriff Chad Bianco, Tom Steyer, and really the only question I've gotten with from anyone consistently, Matt Mahon.
Speaker 4: Is is it Annie or Annie Rose?
Speaker 6: Okay, Okay, That's been the main question from anyone. And so to have this start this way before I had even asked a question, I mean, you're part of the debate, you know, it's about asking some of the hard questions sometimes.
Speaker 1: But even before she asked a question, he wanted to make sure there were no tough questions, uh uh.
Speaker 4: Allowing our viewers to get to know each candidate.
Speaker 6: And so that is why, not just myself, but our editors and executive producers here at KTLA decided to include that portion.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 12: I was also surprised there were a couple of candidates so you've spoken to already, who didn't have a plan for homelessness on their websites, which is one.
Speaker 1: Of the In fact, their interview with Katie Porter was really damning because she starts saying, well, I would do is I would put a bunch of people in motels, and Annie Rose says that's what they're doing here and it hasn't worked, which She says, why I haven't really been paying attention to what LA is doing.
Speaker 12: On their websites, which is one of the biggest concerns Cali Fournian tab which strikes me because I've heard that a couple of times.
Speaker 4: I think that's why it was a priority to ask.
Speaker 6: I mean, not just for myself as a woman who lives on our own in the city.
Speaker 1: I mean, it is one of those problems that affects all the senses because you can feel it, you can see it, and yeah, you can smell it.
Speaker 6: Right here for myself as a woman who lives on our own in the city of Los Angeles. But I think for so many people that we speak to out on the street, they want to know how they how a governor or candidate is going to solve this or at least work on this, And so that's a huge priority, I know for voters who are focusing in and deciding on who to choose, and so it's why we wanted to sort of press on this issue for each candidate.
Speaker 1: All Right, we should say that Javier Brissara is one of the top polling candidates right now and continue, what does that say about the electric But this is what's really funny is because of our early voting system, where everyone already has the ballot. The election day is June second, there are people there could be people out there that would be very turned off by this exchange in the interview, but they already voted for him.
Speaker 7: By the way, this is a profile piece. This is not a gotcha piece.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 4: Well, look, I think we're these questions.
Speaker 2: I just got to save that. I mean, it's pretty golden.
Speaker 7: By the way, this is a profile piece.
Speaker 8: This is not a gotcha piece.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 1: Eight hundred two two two five two two two is the telephone number if you want to weigh in on this one. Eight hundred two two two five two two two. Eight hundred two two two five two two two is the telephone number, and you can email us at Johnny don't like show at gmail dot com. Bob Wright's in listening in Yuma. I'm so glad I left California when I did. But whoever wins, you and Johnny are going to have a gold mine of drops.
Speaker 7: By the way, this is a profile piece.
Speaker 1: This is not a gotcha piece, right, Nadia writes in the only reason Javier Basera is ahead of the polls is name recognition. That's it, which is funny because even the former President of the United States didn't know what his name was. Robert says, I'm waiting to send in my ballot. I was planning on voting for Chad Bianco as a strategic vote, but based on the latest pollings, it seems more advantageous to vote for Hilton at the moment. I'm still holding my vote in case something major happens and wrecks the Bakaria train. Cammi writes in and says Bakaia is a feckless turd. All I heard was defensive verbal diarrhea mixed with tds. Rick writes in and says, Hey, Randy, that quote about a profile and not a gotcha piece might win Drop of the year. Well, if John has anything to say about it, this will be the.
Speaker 2: Drop of the year.
Speaker 5: You can smell it right here.
Speaker 1: He gets tickled pink every single time we play that one three time. He's obsessed, and John writes in it Johnny don't like show at gmail dot com on the voting strategy that John has put up on his voter guide, KBC dot com slash John's ballot KSFO dot com slash John's ballot. John in view of Chad Bianco pulling forth, I honestly think we need to rethink your strategy of directing Republicans to vote for him. This will only harm Steve Hilton shot at the top two of the top three too will advance, hopefully Hilton will be one of them. And siphoning off his votes to Bianco in a vain attempt to allow both Republicans to advance is a strategy doomed to fail. It can only result in Styre and Bakaria advancing that there are some polls where it's stire Besarah one two are but Sarah Styer one two. In a perfect world, Bianco would bow out and endorse Hilton. He needs to do that asap. Hopefully people are bringing this up to him at this point. Nobody else is dropping out unless some major scandal drops, because they all are so delulu that they think they can run this state. They think I alone can fix it. Eight hundred two two two five two two two is the telephone number. Let's go to Robert and Santa Clara. Robert, Hello, did Randy, how you doing?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 11: You know, remember this thing with Kamala Harris and uh Javier Psara going after David Delight and Sandrea Wood and what they were these independent journalists were trying to report about baby body parts and tissues being sold out of the back door of planned parenthood. Buckery is like another hit man. He's another bonta. You're gonna get more of the same sanctuary cities. He's not gonna you know, you're gonna still be appeasing pgen like you said, he's gonna be new some two point oes. It's horrible and that's pretty you know, he's a hit man and he's talked about making a hit piece. I mean, he's just another bonta. And then that's you know, they just they just install these people. But it's also outrageous what they've been involved in, especially that particular vampire is sic. Things that they've trying to destroy. This guy trying to expose real gross things.
Speaker 1: Thanks so much for the call, Robert, appreciate it. I gotta say it is it is just interesting how things have happened. For a good month, it seemed like it was either going to be Steve, it was going to definitely be Steve Hilton in the top spot. I think everyone could agree with that, but the second spot, it could have been Beyon Covid. That's definitely not happening now, but it looked like it was going to be Styre or Swallwell, and then the Swallwell thing explodes, and almost all of that support, when there's so many other candidates, goes to Bisera, including a lot of the endorsements.
Speaker 2: They go to Bisara.
Speaker 1: I just I wonder why he was the choice because just in everything that I've covered with him over the years, there's not one part of him that's impressive.
Speaker 7: By the way, this is a profile piece. This is not a gotcha piece.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 1: We'll see in next week's polls if this interview has any effect on the Baccharea bump. It's Randy Wang here on The John Phillips Show.