Speaker 1: All right, ted for the postgame rap, Dwayne and Mike on their way over FP and John in the booth right now.
Speaker 2: Tough loss.
Speaker 1: Giants lose three to one and extra innings. A lot of things to talk about from that one, but Logan Web today was outstanding.
Speaker 3: I don't think he could pitch any better. I think the thing but he does so well when he's hot because he locates with all of his movements on both sides of the plate, and that's where he was today. You know, a little bit of vulnerability in the first inning, but once he finds this rhythm, it's just bang bang bang. And the duel that was set up today between both starting pitchers, I think it really feeds a rhythm when you're able to work quick and the guy who opposite you works quick, which was the case, but it was kind of an example of one team hot making a run. The Tigers are a good team. They don't have any weaknesses, they really don't, and they're an exceptional defensive team. They lead the American League in defense. But it comes down to two broken bat singles and the top of the tenth inning. Sam Henches can't throw any better pitches than that. But yet Lee fists one out, Tarklsen fists one out, two runs score, and the Giants can't come back. I can't remember last time I've seen the last six hitters of a game strike out, but that was what the Tigers bullpen did between Kenley Jansen and Tyler Holton. Six strikes outs in a row. That's what good teams do. That's what teams that are gathering momentum going into the end of August into September due and that's what this Tigers team is going to make a run.
Speaker 1: They're twenty three and eleven in their last thirty four games. That's the second best record in baseball to the Red Sox through the hottest team on the planet.
Speaker 4: And they started the year they were twenty two and thirty eight. At one point. It's kind of a weird year in that regard. The Red Sox were thirty two and forty six. They just had lost a couple of games to the Rockies, and Red Sox fans are they didn't want just the manager fire, they wanted the general manager fire. They want about twelve guys traded, and then the Red Sox went thirty two and five after that, so and The Houston Astros are another team. The Tigers are one of those teams. They've been so hot after starting so poorly, and even on the day they traded him, schoolbl said, well, I think this team could win. I think they can still win the World Series. So they have a lot of challenge. They have a lot of great arms.
Speaker 1: Jackson job yesterday throwing a hundred, then Melton today throwing a short arm ninety seven with balls going every which way, down, up, sideways.
Speaker 2: He was nasty.
Speaker 3: Defense. They make everybody look good. And you know, we're not even talking about an offense. In the last ten games, they've been averaging close to nine runs averaging So, I mean, I thought the Giants played their tails off, and really yesterday was a stinker. But you know, they win game one and here they very easily could have won this ball game. And but yet the Tigers walk off with another series in and win. And that's what they've been doing lately.
Speaker 2: All Right, we'll pick some players. I was gonna what about kaype Well, he's late. Do you want to do you want to see anything?
Speaker 3: I can't take a peek.
Speaker 5: I mean, you're the young guy, right, you can hang here for three days without you're absolutely killing me.
Speaker 3: Is very strict. Yeah, well, he knows you're a forever giant, but he doesn't know that you're a giant forever per So.
Speaker 5: I just want to say one thing. We have to remember that Ramos is in here, Chapman isn't here, Arise is in here. So these are the types of games that you're going to see. And if you get an opportunity to score, if you don't take advantage of it, then you're not gonna win.
Speaker 3: You're missing these guys.
Speaker 1: And this is what happens, especially in a close ball game one to one pictures duel.
Speaker 3: You got to if you.
Speaker 5: Didn't want me to say that, you should have said something.
Speaker 2: No, that was really good and that was worth waiting for you to take a piece.
Speaker 3: Go wash your hands?
Speaker 2: Did you wash your hands?
Speaker 4: I'm your business and I realize what you say is true, but I'm in denial.
Speaker 3: Yeah, me too, kind of Are you talking about washing hands or no?
Speaker 4: The young guys, Oh yeah, yeah guys. Yeah, but Sabby, he's just a guy I want up there in that spotlight.
Speaker 5: Yeah, absolutely, all right, you throw it to break, No, I'm wood cutting.
Speaker 2: No, all right, we'll pick some players next, all.
Speaker 5: Right, time to pick our players, Frank, all right, all right, John.
Speaker 2: I didn't have my mic on. I was washing my hands.
Speaker 4: Sorry, sorry, And next time around, all right, or three times from now?
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm gonna go with uh but sabb because for his defense, he had a couple of really strong plays and one that turned into an ending ending double play, and the next ending he made another one. But but I'm really going for him for his steal. He got on base, the Giants down by run, and he didn't wait around right away. He took off and not only stole the base, the throw was wild and he ended up in third base. So and that's how they ended up scoring that run because he he did all that. So and that's I guess the first time he's ever stolen one in the big league. So leaves sabe. Okay, that's a good pick right there. Okay, then I'm gonna go with Drew Gilbert.
Speaker 3: I mean, he had a triple early in the game, which I got the crowd into it. It was a great swing of the bat and it was a classic triple to triple's alley, just a line drive boat that got past everybody. And he goes in standing up. I like that style of triple the stand up and none of that. But he was the guy that had hit the fish grenade. It went about forty five feet into the infield and allowed to Sabbie to score.
Speaker 5: I thought that was fun. So I'm taking Gilbert good pick, streat play in center field.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nice play.
Speaker 5: Well, I got half a notion to take inches because I thought he got ripped off in this game.
Speaker 3: He did anything. He threw the ball really really.
Speaker 5: Well, and and you know what with the ghost Runner. You know things like that are gonna happen. But anyway, but I'll take Dylan Smith for striking.
Speaker 3: Out the side against his former I've.
Speaker 5: Inspired the Tiger's bullpen because they did it twice.
Speaker 3: I don't remember that Tigers playing. I don't either. Yeah, it's fading. That was a good pick. Smooth.
Speaker 1: Dylan Smith is not scared. He just goes right at you. That's a good pick.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go with I'll just go with Webby. That's the easy one, right, Thanks for leaving that for me.
Speaker 1: He was outstanding. You deserve the better fate today. You thought, well, he's gonna be a tough luck loser. Wanted nothing. Then they scored the run and the bases loaded for Devers and it just didn't happen.
Speaker 2: They were trying to win him the game there and it just didn't happen to them.
Speaker 3: He's such a complete pitcher. I mean, he's a true ace. And you know what he came in. I mean that COVID year when they won one hundred and seven games. He was brilliant as a rookie. But he's really redefined himself and he's so much more of a complete pitcher now than he was even then when he was so good, and he continues to be good, great career. This guy is a gift, good pick. Nice job.
Speaker 5: By the way, uh x Ray's on seussacks knee are negative, So I mean that looked like it could have been a bad one. So he cap Hopefully it could have bounce back and we'll see him soon.
Speaker 3: That is good news.
Speaker 5: Also, I want to tip my cap to Dave's twin daughters for showing up when he's not even here.
Speaker 3: What, Kenny Carter?
Speaker 1: Here?
Speaker 3: They are? You guys, don't aren't they heading off to yell soon?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You know what they're running you?
Speaker 2: Well, now, did you know that you guys want to pick.
Speaker 3: Smith. We got one for Smith.
Speaker 1: I was going to say this to visit the broup this season Friday.
Speaker 3: So mister Cruco, that's great. I thought I was done crying my goodness. Well thank you.
Speaker 5: Wow, you just went to the favorite of the two. Come in there, hanging there all right. Time out for what's on deck? Sponsored by your California Ford Dealers. Well, say goodbye to the Tigers, but we have more inter league action starting with the Houston Astros tomorrow. I don't think the Giants are going to finish five hundred against the American League, but it would be nice to put a dent into what the Astros are trying to do. They got a pretty good player over there, don't.
Speaker 3: They might win a triple crown Alvarez.
Speaker 5: Yes, well, maybe they can shut him down. All right, Frank, good job, Frank. Thanks good That's what's on deck, sponsored by your California Ford Dealers and the legendary Ford F one fifty truck.
Speaker 2: Dave.
Speaker 5: Let me know, be back by the way tomorrow. Visit Byford now dot com today and find yours. John don't have many, many, many highlights. Right after this