Speaker 1: Everything the mainstream media left out delivered just right. It's the John Phillip Show.
Speaker 2: And we continue at two five in the afternoon on The John Phillip Show. Mister Randy Weggs in Culver City.
Speaker 3: Johnny, we're broadcasting live on the radio seven ninety KABC and eight ten KSFO, and we're also broadcasting on video on YouTube every single day. Very easy to find the channel, go to Johnny don't like dot com. That's Johnny with a why Johnny, don't like dot com. If for some reason it doesn't work, email us. I'll get you in the right direction. For some reason, if you put www in it can be confusing. But you don't need to do that anymore, Johnny, don't like dot Com. While you're there, subscribe so all of our content goes right to your homepage. Hit the bell so you get notified every single time we go live, and hit the like button because that tells YouTube that they should send this show to more people. We had a woman call in earlier today that discovered this show because YouTube recommended it to her, and now she's hooked. That is all thanks to you liking the show and watching the show live along with us. Every single day from noon to three.
Speaker 2: It's weird that the www changes it.
Speaker 3: I don't know how it works, and I'm doing so many things at once. There's only so many things I can focus on. But for the most part, the vast majority of people are not having a hard time finding this at this point. But if you are, email us at Johnny don't like show at gmail dot com with any technical questions and I will try to fix them.
Speaker 2: Whenever my grandma would try to relay a website to me, she'd go, Okay, get your pen, get your paper. Are you ready? Yeah, Grandma, I'm ready w W W dot Do you have that written down? Yes? All right, I will continue every single time. That's great. Eight hundred two two two five two two two is the jellphone number one. Eight hundred two two two five two two two. It is our pleasure to bolcome our next guest to the program. She is a journalist, political consultant, strategist and analyst. You can find her on x at Scotty Inn Hughes Scotty nol Hughes.
Speaker 4: Welcome, Welcome, Johnny, And did anybody ever tell you that you have a great face for radio and a great voice for TV.
Speaker 5: You get to mix it now both together.
Speaker 2: Well, we're trying our best. What can I say.
Speaker 5: I like it. The more Johnny the better.
Speaker 2: So the betting markets have you currently is a twenty two to one favorite to be the next Press secretary for the White House. As it so happens, I'm going to the state of Nevada tomorrow. Maybe I'll lay a bet down.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, the whole title of the show is you're pushing Spencer Pratt, So I feel like I'm kind of like the underdog coming on the show. I'm like the second best. I'm the backup quarterback for this whole event. So you know, maybe maybe eighty percent Spencer Pratt, twenty percent me. And we all know since Donald Trump and Johnny you know this that guy do, since he is a betting man, I guarantee he's watching to see who wins in these markets.
Speaker 5: So I'll take all the help I can get in this. In this job interview, I'll.
Speaker 2: Tell you I think the nature of that job has changed over time, because back in the old days, I think it was just not necessarily an adversarial job, but it's a job where you took information that the government was putting out and you were able to answer questions that people in the press had about that information. And it was mostly used for clarification purposes and for I guess, getting the message out and getting whatever information and facts that the White House thought would push their narrative. Get that to the press so the press could use it in their articles, they could use it in their broadcasts. Now it seems like those events have become television shows in and of themselves, where the star from the press corps is whoever it is that's the most adversarial to the administration, and there's a sparring match that goes on between that individual or those individuals and the press secretary. We saw that in Trump one point zero with Jim Acosta, our former colleague over at CNN, and Kaylee Mcaninny, another former colleague of bars over at CNN, when those two would go at it and Sean Spice or and others. And then during the Biden years, it was Jensaki, come to think of it, another colleague of ours from CNN who would go at it with Peter Deucey from the Fox News Channel. And now it's like casting call to find out, Okay, who's going to be the one to go at it with Caitlin Collins, another one of our colleagues from CNN this time around.
Speaker 4: No, you're correct, and let me point out, as someone who majored in journalism growing up, White House press secretary was always, you know, one of those dream jobs that you usually achieved, like Dana Pirno did in her thirties and her forties. It was an informative position. I think twenty thirty years ago. It was when the preseecretary stepped up. She was to deliver information coming.
Speaker 5: Out of the Oval Office.
Speaker 4: Now, as you said, the position has evolved, especially when you have someone like Donald Trump who is constantly putting out very much unprecedented material.
Speaker 5: You become more like.
Speaker 4: I'd say, a defensive linebacker for the president. And that's how the press likes it. And in the past the press might have been on your same team.
Speaker 5: There is nobody in that room. I don't care, even if you do put.
Speaker 4: People in there from the new media to kind of help out. In reality, you are still having to act today as someone who is a source, respect it for information, so you still have to deliver it, but you also have to be able to push back on your adversarial media that mainly takes up that room.
Speaker 2: One of the things that Trump has done, not just this time around, but last time around, but more so this time around, is he poached a lot of people from conservative media to fill positions in his administration. And if you have a job on Newsmax, or you have a job on Fox, or you have a job at the Daily Wire or whatever, you're mostly working with like minded people for an audience of fellow travelers. What you did at CNN and what I did at CNN when we were both there at the same time, is a little bit different. Where we were on the firing line every time we'd go out there, where those panels were all four or five to one, and they would try to kill us for eight consecutive minutes, and then they'd go try to sell some I don't know, a Cadillac. They tried to sell Cadillacs or pills for a rectile dysfunction or whatever, and then they'd come back and then they try to kill us again for another eight minutes. And it's a different skill set that you pick up when you go into an environment that's let's just say, not a home game as opposed to the home games that people in conservative media would get over and over and over again.
Speaker 4: Johnny, Look, you're speaking as if someone who's had a first hand point of view first definitely a front row, if not on the action himself. Unfortunately most Republicans, most conservatives don't realize that. Now you have to look at this from President Donald Trump's position. As we all know, he is someone that comes from has a background of entertainment of information, but more importantly, he is someone that likes to attract attention.
Speaker 5: He is going to look.
Speaker 4: For somebody to go into this position that is not going to be I think that was part of Sean Spicer's problem. Sean had not been used to being in combative media. He had been on and what I considered to be in his own snow globe or Yeah, it's really easy to go on Fox as the conservative. Now, it wasn't in the beginning to go on there as a Trump person. In fact, ninety eight percent of Fox was against Trump in the very beginning his first administration.
Speaker 5: But now you go on there, man, it is a cake walk.
Speaker 4: What I look for, What are the President's going to need, especially going into the very adversarial midterms and post is He's going to need somebody that has their claws sharpened, their information and are ready to be confident in their material and ready to back him up, a true loyalist, because trust me, you're going to be hit from every single which side. And if you are someone that has not had any prep prep for this besides just I don't know, maybe getting on Twitter and firing off an AI generated response.
Speaker 5: You are not going to do well. They can say that lawyers would be good in this position.
Speaker 4: I don't necessarily agree with that, because you're also going to have to know President Trump's agenda, his history, and what he wants to do.
Speaker 5: That's set of thing.
Speaker 4: A lot of these people in this administration are new to President Trump. They're not familiar as much with the last term because most of them are probably doing other jobs at that point. Let's just be real. So you need to have somebody that actually has an in depth knowledge of President Trump and understands where they're going to come at.
Speaker 5: And here's the other thing.
Speaker 4: The Press secretary, especially going into the final two years of his administration, is going to have to almost be the communication director as well for the next presidential campaign.
Speaker 5: They're going to have to set the tone of what the Republican.
Speaker 4: Agenda is going to do, because whomever runs for president twenty twenty eight that are by their name is truly going to be running on this president's record and what it did or did not do for the country.
Speaker 5: So you have two jobs right there.
Speaker 4: It's not only to defend what's going on in the president, but more importantly be able to continue to show to the country why they need to keep the Trump and whoever he picks a his successor in office moving forward.
Speaker 2: One of the reasons I think Trump was successful in the last presidential election was that he was able to utilize new media in a way that really worked for him, specifically the podcast he went on with The Undertaker, he went on with Joe Rogan, he went on with Theo Vaughn and others, and was able to get these populations of people who may not be reliable voters to come out and vote for him. And he won all seven swing states, so the places that he was really targeting it really worked out well for him. You look at the Democratic side of the aisle and you see many of those same qualities in the DSA candidates, where the DSA candidates have been able to use the podcast, They've been able to use social media, They've been able to use new media to their advantage in so many different races where I think, I'm not going to say it provided the margin of victory for them, but it certainly pushed those candidacies forward. The Democratic Party and the traditional Democratic candidates, people like Chuck Schumer, Hakim Jeffries, and all of the people that we would consider to be the establishment in that party seem to be the ones who have been left out. They seem to be the ones that are a step or two behind not just President Trump, but the DSA, and they've been stung many times, I think in these primary elections because of it. Why do you think they haven't gotten with the times. For a party that considers itself to be cutting edge and youthful and with the times, and you know all of that, why do you think everyone else is leaving them in the dust.
Speaker 4: Because I think there's a power struggle and a division happening within the Democratic Party right now, a little bit to what's happening in the Publican Party and the Democrats. They're not making it more open, they're doing it behind the doors. But don't don't mistake the division is happening there. So you have this old guard that will not relinquish power, and they won't they won't do anything. They still want to stand firm. They're still in such truck derangement syndrome that they want to make sure that they're right and they want to get there there. I'm sorry from the American people, Well, guess what, it's not going to happen.
Speaker 5: And not only that, you're.
Speaker 4: Going to sacrifice the future of your party where you do have the younger generation, and I hate to give any of them credit, but I'm going to give it somewhat where it's due. Who even though they don't really have action behind their words, they know what to say to speak to the American people. They know to talk about gas prices and grocery prices and college funding and taxes going up, and the lack of spinning on domestic issues versus the international issues. Same thing's happening within the Republican Party. And so you're seeing this younger generation saying, you know what, fine, you don't want to include us in your party, you don't want to respect us. More importantly, you don't want to retire and go fishing in your flannel.
Speaker 5: We're just going to go out on our own and we're.
Speaker 4: Going to form these absolute extreme wein rings that we have right now that we're seeing pop up, and this should be something that the Republicans should be watching as well. We have just a strong of a younger group of leadership within the Republican Party that they continue to be ignored by the older generation, You're going to see them start to separate as well. I think a good advantage. We still have the advantage more than the Democrats do of being able to reach out to what that younger generation.
Speaker 5: Of Republican Party is looking for and talk to them.
Speaker 4: Really listen to them, and integrate that into our plans moving forward. What is affecting our twenty thirty and forty and I'm gonna put forty something year olds in there as well.
Speaker 5: What are they having to do with right.
Speaker 4: Now that maybe these sixty seventy eight year olds that are still in charge continuing to ignore.
Speaker 2: Talk to me about the strategy that the Democrats have used with dealing with these DSA challenges in the primary. Because the DSA believes in really nutty things, including no borders, get rid of the prisons, get rid of the cops, Medicare for all, defund Israel, a bunch of different things that are way outside the mainstream and really shouldn't take much in terms of an argument that you can use to convince voters that they're not good for the country. But instead of going after these candidates for their nutty ideas and saying, you know what, socialism is bad, capitalism is better, this is why or this is why we need a border, or this is why we need the cops and jails. Instead of doing that, these Democrats are going, you know, with positions like that, you're not really electable, and god forbid we were to elect a moderate Republican or someone with an R next to their name. All of their attacks against the DSA relate to electability, and they don't have a debate over the merits of their arguments. Why do you think they're so hesitant to do that.
Speaker 5: Because they don't have any actual credibility to go with it.
Speaker 4: I mean, you can only lie so much before your nose grows so long you can't fit into a TV frame anymore. And Democrats understand that. They know they can only say so much in this day and age, especially when we do have social media, when we do have the ability to just take five seconds, do a quick AI search and come up with the clip where they said what they were going to do and they're doing the exact opposite.
Speaker 5: That's why Democrats are very very careful.
Speaker 4: Right now to go on the record about how they're going to achieve and they're not focusing on these radical ideas. You're right, that's exactly what they stand for. But what they are counting on is low information voters. They are counting on people not actually researching what they're standing for. What they're counting on is as people just watching the commercials that says, we don't want to raise your gas tax. Is your electricity bill too high?
Speaker 5: Is it?
Speaker 4: Did you just bust a tire on your way to work your third job where you're buying trying to get healthcare? And the roads because the pothole in the roads were so big.
Speaker 5: That's what they're focusing on. Those are issues.
Speaker 4: Those are not just Democrat issues or Republican issues. Those are people issues. Those are American issues, and yet Democrats focus on that Republicans can't get their act together. Sometimes to focus on that same issue and how we actually achieve solutions for it.
Speaker 5: You notice they always say what the problem is. The party that would come out.
Speaker 4: And actively say solutions and how they would achieve those solutions to where it actually makes sense might have a chance of not only getting elected, but more importantly accomplishing that. But once again, they're counting on people being too busy working three or four jobs to afford healthcare and their groceries to actually have the time to do the research to pay attention to what those words actually mean.
Speaker 2: We know that DSA candidates are doing particularly well in deep blue congressional districts, places where a Republican candidate in the general just really doesn't have a chance. What do you think is going to happen to these candidates who are running in purple states, people like Abdul Alsayed in Michigan, which is really a seat that the Democrats need to win if they're going to win control of the Senate. I don't really see them winning the Senate without winning that seat. Same thing goes for Minnesota, where they nominated a very far left candidate for that seat. How do you think those candidates will fare in places that vote Republican and Democrat.
Speaker 5: Well, that's the thing, you know. You look about abdul See.
Speaker 4: That was a state that I think Donald Trump won against Kamala Harris.
Speaker 5: By nine percent.
Speaker 4: At the same time, the reason why Donald Trump won was because of the Muslim vote came over crossover and voted for Trump that night because he talked to them about bringing peace to the Middle East and the.
Speaker 5: Conflict going on with Iran.
Speaker 4: Well, at this point does look like that conflict resolutions happening along Trump's line. So therefore you're seeing them go back to the Democratic Party. That doesn't mean that they can't come back into the Republican category. They just shift based on who the candidate is. I don't know if you've seen it, I'll say it. I hate to give a Democratic compliment. He did a great commercial involving his grandparents talrying about that's where he grew up. That is the kind of messaging that people need to see from the Republicans. A very basic, honest, warmhearted here's where I'm from, Here's what I want to do. Type of messaging. Republicans have to do that in those states. Now, why did he keep flipping back and forth? Well, it really just has to do about who's more importantly pandering to that voter base right now, not solid in Tennessee, we are seeing a little bit of a changeover, but it's solidly read.
Speaker 5: Oklahoma where I am right now, solidly read.
Speaker 4: But you are seeing Democrats infiltrate the Republican Party and a rebirth of what I like to call the Romney Republicans are starting to come back. And there is a fight happening, I think within the Republican Party between those what used to be blue dog Democrats slash Romney Republicans trying to re emerge and take advantage of any of the frustrations that might be happening right now amongst American people. Have President Trump's actions not coming true, something that is truly to be led at the feet of Congress right now, that is not passing President Trump's Build America Back.
Speaker 5: Act, the America America Save America Now Act.
Speaker 4: So anybody, and let's just point out, Johnny, you know this as much as I do, there is still a very large contingency as much as they like to shake hands and go to the White House and smile, that do not like President Trump, that want nothing more to see President Trump not succeed. And that's not the Democrats, that's the Republicans because they don't like the wing of the party that President Trump represents because they could never tap into it.
Speaker 5: So they're going to do They might put.
Speaker 4: A smell on their face, but they are doing everything behind the scenes to sabotage Republicans and that is where we've got to step up, and we've got to see some leadership within the party right now. And President Trump has to know exactly what's going on within his Congress and deal with it just like a parent would deal with a child and ground all of them until they got his legislation passed through.
Speaker 2: Scotti Nel Hughes Las Vegas has her at twenty two to one to be the next next Press secretary for the White House. You can follow her on Exit Scottie and Hughes. Scotty Nell Hughes, thanks so much for stopping by. Thank you, Johnny and Randy. If you want to watch us live, participate in the chat and click that like button, which is the big thumb. That's easy to do.
Speaker 3: You know, every single time I hold up my thumb, I can tell that my pilates has really been working out. I got a little muscle here, Johnny don't like dot com as the website, Johnny don't like dot Com That takes you to the YouTube channel. Subscribe, then all of our content goes right to your page, including on demand stuff. We'll be premiering our segment talking about Julie wattson the High Speed Rail at four o'clock today. We've got all the live stuff we're doing every single day from noon to three. Hit the bells. You'll get notified when we go live. And hit that like button because it is spreading the show far and wide across them youtubees.
Speaker 2: If you'd like to email the show, you can do so at Johnny don't like show at Gmail.
Speaker 6: Johnny, you were doing it right that time.
Speaker 2: I know, and I stopped myself because I did it wrong so many times earlier in the show. I was questioning myself, Johnny don't like show at gmail dot com.
Speaker 6: This is the broadcaster version of the yips.
Speaker 2: Johnny, don't like show at gmail dot com? Do you want to watch us online? Go to Johnny don't like dot com and click that like button. How many likes are we at, Randy?
Speaker 3: I think we just hit four hundred which I don't think we've hit that since we did that contest for the Katie Porter video.
Speaker 6: We're at four hundred and ten.
Speaker 3: You can also play around in the chat room hit subscribe and by the way, we do try to read as many of these chats. They're going like a mile a minute. But I'd love this one from listener Ron. We need a John and Randy Cruz alcohol gambling and unlimited buffet on the high Seas with some snarks sprinkled in. I couldn't agree with you more.
Speaker 2: All right, let's see if we can get it up to five hundred before we sign off with three. So if you're watching and you haven't clicked like yet, please click like. It really really really helps us.
Speaker 6: Thumbs up. All right, Randy.
Speaker 2: We have a brand new edition of The Accountability Podcast that dropped yesterday.
Speaker 3: So we do a exclusive show just for the youtubees and for the audio podcast world The Accountability Podcast where we are you know, we're not constrained by the FCC. We're also not constrained by regular commercial breaks, so we can have some longer form interviews with some of our favorite guests. We are using that platform every week to highlight the most useless word in the English language, accountability. Every pod, every single politician says it, and it means nothing. This week we talked to Susan Crabtree, author of Fool's Gold and the correspondent for Real Clear Politics. She has covered Gavin Newsom for a very long time and the three of us just kind of piled on as we went after Gavin Newsome deciding to go and gallivant all around in Michigan instead of, I don't know, doing his job now, Johnny, I'm gonna need you an a vamp for just a second because I haven't actually loaded the file on the screen, but I'll get it to you momentarily.
Speaker 2: Well. Susan Crabtree, as Randy mentioned, was the guest, and she is always one of the most popular guests that we have on this program, and she wrote a book about it called Fool's Gold, which is available online at Amazon dot com. And no one has been at the forefront of reporting on Gavin Newsom's corruption Gavin Newsom's failures than Susan Crabtree. And what's interesting about her is that she doesn't write for a California publication. It's not like she's writing for my paper, the OC Register or the Times or the Chronicle or the b She writes for real clear politics. So when she goes after Gavin Newsom, she does it in front of a national audience, and she has done damage, I think, to the credibility that Galvin Newsom has in Washington, d C. Not just among Republicans but among Democrats too. So she's a very important voice to talk to because she's one of the most knowledgeable people when it comes to Galvin Newsom. But she's also one of the most knowledgeable people that is paid attention to in Washington.
Speaker 3: Without further ado, here's a little snippet from our thirty minute conversation going after Gavin Johnny Iron Susan Crabtree. I'm gonna load it right here and then hopefully it will play.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about this rift going on right now within the Democratic Party nationally, involving the standard Partisan Democrats and the DSA. It seems as if the criticism of the DSA from the standard partisan Democrats centers around electability. You shouldn't elect these people because they might end up losing to a Republican in the general and that would be truly evil. They don't take their arguments on piece by piece, issue by issue. It seems like the standard partisan Democrats are afraid to stand up for capitalism. They're afraid to stand up for the existence of prisons. They're afraid to stand up for the existence of the police. They're afraid to stand up for the existence of ice or the border itself. For whatever reason, they do not want to have those conversations. They want to just kind of box them up, set to side and go, here's the real problem with you. A Republican could get elected and god forbid, they might race it decreased taxes, or they might you know, do something conservative with the power that they would have. They're almost afraid to engage in the debate. And why do you think that is?
Speaker 7: Just look at the l side and Mike Rogers. Mike Rogers is an accomplished candidate.
Speaker 5: He was.
Speaker 7: I worked with him on a regular basis. I talked to him when he was Intelligence Committee chairman. He has so much experience as an FBI agent for national security law enforcement. And so you know, how do you combat that. It's just say Trump, Trump, Trump, and you know, just about these I also truly believe that there is an affordability crisis in the nation. And I look at it though as the Democrats, and at least and when I see it in my neighborhood and in California, they helped cause this issue with all of the lockdowns during COVID. So the solutions should not be more government, more nanny state telling you what to do. We see this with Fauci even yesterday. You know, he ignored the science, many parts of the science, and then said he was the premier authority on science and lockdown our state. And so what happened in San Diego where I live, is that all of the San Francisco people came down, raised all the prices, and you had all of the problems with the supply chains broken. And whose fault was that? It wasn't Ron de Santis' fault. I'll tell you that much. He was trying to reopen the state. So you know, they caused the problems, and their solutions is more of the same, more government and less freedom. And you know, I just don't. I think that's the message that the Republic should take to the DSA candidates as they're fighting this affordability issue. It's like, we don't need more of a nanny state in California. Gavin Newsom, as I've reported he worked with, created all these nonprofits.
Speaker 5: All of our.
Speaker 7: Money is going to creating more democrats in our state to let in all of the illegal aliens and create a path for them and a support for them once they're here. With one billion dollars in our taxpayer dollars funding this, and so that's what we need to expose that the taxpayer dollars are not going to keep us safe, govern us correctly so that we don't have to worry about wildfires and have our tax dollars being used in the right place and every every score. As I write in my book, Gavin Newsom has failed, and so he wants so goes California, So goes the nation. His record is abysmal, and that's what we should be kept concentrating on.
Speaker 3: He's a record is big performative headlines that have zero follow through. I give the biggest example, care Court. He championed care Court as the big game changer. This was going to be the thing that was going to solve the homelessness crisis, solve the mental health and the drug crisis, completely reforming our conservatorships and it has not been implemented whatsoever. It did not have any actual pathway for it to be something that counties would use, and it was a voluntary program. So when they implemented an LA county which has estimates of seventy to eighty thousand people on the streets, and the public health director was asked, how many people do we think will be affected by care courts implementation? They said, oh, about eighty It's not that big of a deal. It's been a complete waste. And now he doesn't even want to talk about care court But when he championed it, when he got those laws passed, he said what he loves to say, game changer.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's absolutely true. And you know, honestly, care Courts was a step in the right direction, but it's the execution again once again, because Gavin Newson was housing first, housing first, housing first, and we're not going to deal with the issue of mental health and drug addiction, which is at the heart of the homelessness problem across the country, especially in California, where we attract homeless with our programs and are giving out the pipes and you know, keeping these people addicted. So you know, I applauded him at the time. At least he could was going into the right direction. We need more mental health care in California. We need to move these people into you know, Unfortunately Reagan did was part of the breaking down of our institutions, our mental health institutions and letting these people out. Well, we can't keep blaming Reagan. Okay, that was more than fifty years ago that that happened. It's your problem now, and all along since he was mayor, he said he was going to bring down homelessness. Is only spiraled out of control under his watch. And this was a step in the right direction. But again, California can't govern. That's the problem. Even when they have good ideas, they can't execute them in the correct way because there's corruption at so many levels. And you know, I'm so proud of Chris Ruffo and the California team what they're doing in California posts. It's changing the nature of the exposure for these crimes, for all of the corruption that's going on in our homelessness. Money, you know, how much, any billions. I don't want to hear the twenty four billion number. You know, it's more than thirty billion that went down the drain completely without any accountability. I like the thing you said at Accountability Podcasts. The only accountability that Gavin Newsom has had. I'll tell you it's coming from conservative news outlets, the new ones on the scene, and also your piece of people like you yourself on a daily We were against corruption before corruption before it was cool, you and me and Randy and John. But you know, I welcome everybody who's coming in, Nick, Shirley, all these people too.
Speaker 6: So there you go.
Speaker 3: Just a little snippet of our conversation with Susan Crabtree on this week's Accountability Podcast. You can watch the entire thirty minute interview after we sign off here at three at Johnny don't like dot Com and y'all already have done a lot on this. This episode is already at thirty seven hundred views in twenty four hours, So if you have seen it, share it with your friends, leave a comment. If you haven't seen it, give it a watch and hit the like button on that The comments are really really, really important. Tell us what you really think of Gavin Newsom by checking out the Accountability Podcast and leaving a comment.
Speaker 2: How are we doing? Unlikes for today's show.
Speaker 3: All right, he's starting to feel like one of those TikTok streams where we just want the love. We are at four hundred and fifty six. Look at y'all. Someone's asking, is there no crime blodder today? I think we're going to do the crime blotterer next.
Speaker 2: We are doing the crime blotterer next. If you haven't hit the like button, please hit that button. We're so close to five hundred. Let's get to five hundred before we sign off at three and Randy, how far away from five hundred likes are we at? Johnny don't like dot com?
Speaker 3: Let's check the toteboard right now. It's like we're doing one of those Jerry Lewis telethons. Four hundred and seventy nine, so twenty one to go and then we get to five hundred, and that'll make a Johnny a very happy boy.
Speaker 2: That is very true. We want to push this message far and wide, and you're all helping us out doing that by clicking that like button.
Speaker 3: Today it may be a record breaking episode, so very very exciting. You're here when history was made, and perfect timing because I have a sales meeting to talk about our statistics on Tuesday.
Speaker 2: All right, it's time to open up the California Crime blo.
Speaker 1: It's happened yet again. Nice see. Time for the California crime.
Speaker 2: Blodder and Randy. This edition of the Blotter takes us to scripts Range.
Speaker 3: Where somebody was doing donuts and a U haul and thought, well, if I post this to social media, no one will find me. Turns out it didn't work out that way. Here is NBC seven in San Diego, San Diego Police San Diego, Colgo.
Speaker 6: Are you listening.
Speaker 8: Plaice department is cracking down on illegal street racing and they say it's getting easier to track down who's behind them because a lot of the videos are getting posted on social media.
Speaker 3: NBC Seven's well, people don't just do this for fun. They do it for clout, and they do it for clicks, and they do it for money.
Speaker 2: Well, if it's a U haul, maybe they're moving to Texas and they figure, all right, this is going to be our California sendoff.
Speaker 4: Adershotsky is in Tira, Sana. She joins us now with the details.
Speaker 8: Amanda, Yeah, we're here at the intersection of Claremont Mesa and Anti Boulevards. Where you can clearly see the skin marks left behind from this illegal street racing.
Speaker 3: It's one of all that's nothing compared to what the streets of LA look like.
Speaker 2: If you're doing donuts in a U haul, aren't you afraid that all your stuff is going to fall out the back.
Speaker 8: Four locations that caught the eye of police and the ears of people who live in this area. A U haul truck doing donuts in front of onlookers and scripts ranch. This video posted today to the San Diego Police Department.
Speaker 3: Some people wonder if society is getting dumber. It is if you just.
Speaker 2: Go to an intersection like that and do circles over and over and over and over and over again. Isn't that the equivalent of blowing a point.
Speaker 8: To Instagram with the hope of bringing focus to the issue of illegal street racing.
Speaker 9: These events can be very dangerous, so obviously it has to do with speeding.
Speaker 6: They'll do donuts.
Speaker 8: They're called street takeovers. Police and CHP are working together to crack down on these events.
Speaker 3: You can't see what's going on if you're only listening to us, But San Diego Pedia on their Instagram, they post this video and they put up a bunch of memes with it too, including Patrick the Starfish, Great job, the.
Speaker 8: Latest one happening Saturday night drivers and onlookers traveling to four different San Diego intersections, including Claremont, Mesa and Antigua Boulevard.
Speaker 2: Why is it that Claremont is spelled differently in San Diego than it is in La County.
Speaker 6: It's a different Claremont, that's claire Emont tires, Bernie. How much do you think we.
Speaker 3: Spend every single year in this state in the aggregate on repaving roads because of street takeovers more than we should.
Speaker 9: And rubber melting, and it just seemed to go on and on.
Speaker 8: Michael Herbs has lived here for years.
Speaker 2: He says he.
Speaker 8: Doesn't often see illegal racing in his community, and he'd.
Speaker 9: Like to keep it that some rubber on the asphalt isn't going to hurt anybody. I just wish do it further out where you're not affecting people that are sleeping law enforcement.
Speaker 6: Let's do it out in the Dart.
Speaker 2: I love the fact that it was a rental too. People treat rental cars like radio people treat their own bodies.
Speaker 8: It was tipped off by social media posts showcasing dangerous driving, including a maneuver called white leaning.
Speaker 3: They take their vehicles and they drive in between vehicles that are in the roadway on the freeway. So it's not just that people are awful drivers. They're doing this on purpose to show off on social media.
Speaker 8: Idiots that are you know, just acting normally, and they'll go in between as if they were a motorcycle but.
Speaker 2: They're in their vehicle.
Speaker 8: Police say their main goal is to keep the community safe while holding reckless drivers accountable.
Speaker 6: You know, hey, that's the name of our podcast. People say, well, what's the big deal?
Speaker 3: But they create a lot of in this case five thousand dollars worth of damage to that intersection, and also when people get hurt.
Speaker 9: There's also some fact.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine turn into your friend on a Saturday night and going, hey, what do you want to do? You want to go see a movie, We'll go out to dinner, we want to catch a ball game. How about this, Why don't we go to an intersection and treat each other like crass test dummies.
Speaker 9: Rubber up on some curves. So we hope at least there's some body damage to the cars for ruining our evening.
Speaker 3: We know that the two people you're not getting your deposit back on that rental.
Speaker 8: No breast did have a large social media following. Police are reminding everyone that it's not just illegal to partake in these illegal street races, it's illegal to come and watch them as well.
Speaker 3: Well, you gotta enforce that. In certain counties like El Dorado County, they do. They tow every car of every participant, and they have knocked that behavior down by a tremendous amount. In some of the other counties. We don't do that. In LA we really don't do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and if you're standing there watching this like a complete idiot, you might get knocked down like a bowling.
Speaker 8: Pin Tootsky NBC seven Comanda think so much.
Speaker 3: So there you go, the dumbass who rented a U haul to do a bunch of donuts because that'll get a bunch of clicks at least. Now, I don't feel so desperate asking for that like button.
Speaker 2: Okay, So here's my take. I obviously am opposed to people taking over these intersections and doing donuts. But if you find out that something like that is going on and you think it's a good idea, then I encourage you to show up and watch it up close and personal, and I am willing to risk your health and safety so that you can see that. Then we'd end up with one less voter for bass, maybe more than one.
Speaker 6: Then out the herd.
Speaker 2: Maybe this is how we have to do it. Maybe we have to just encourage them to show up to these things.
Speaker 6: Ald Entrapment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you have a bass sign in your yard, definitely, definitely, definitely go to the next retakeover take video, share it with your friends, encourage them to come.
Speaker 3: To Glad the show's over. This is starting to get dark. We hit our five hundred by the way, Oh fantastic,