Speaker 1: Something's not right.
Speaker 2: Your crime is up all over the state. The homelessness and the city is out of control.
Speaker 3: The economy is sick, axes are high.
Speaker 1: Housing as expensive, and businesses are leaving.
Speaker 4: Leaving California means fixing, and John Phillips is just the man to leave the charge. It's the Fix California Hour with John Phillips and Randy Wayne.
Speaker 2: And we continue at one oh five in the afternoon on the John and Phillips Show, Mister Randy Weggs in Culver City.
Speaker 5: John, We're broadcasting live on the radio seven ninety KABC in southern California and eight ten KSFO in the Bay and we're also broadcasting live on video every single day. You can watch us do this show. You can react to the videos along with us and play around in the wild chat room at Johnny don'tlike dot com that takes your right to the YouTube channel. While you're there, stop by for a minute, Hit the subscribe buttons all our goes to your homepage. Hit the bell if you want to be notified every time we go live, and hit that thumbs up button, the like button, and tell YouTube that we are very, very popular, because that's what gets them to push us out to more people, and then we have even more people watching this. And at some point I guess there's money in this. I don't know right now. I'm losing money on this operation, but we're having a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: Eight hundred two two two five two two two is the telephone number one eight hundred two two two five two two two. It is our pleasure to welcome our next guest to the program. He hosts the afternoon drive program on our sister station KMJ five eighty in Fresno from two to six in the afternoon Monday through Friday. He also joins us each and every election night, both in the primary and in the general election, on KABC and la KSFO in San Francisco and KMJ in the Central Valley. You can follow him on x at Philip Teresi. Philip Teresi, welcome, good afternoon. Well, thanks so much for stopping by.
Speaker 3: I appreciate you including me. I'm looking forward to finding out how we're going to fix California today.
Speaker 2: Well, let's start out with the guy who's breaking California, and by that I mean Gavin Newsom, who is doing what he loves to do best, which is travel to any place that's not California. This time it's to the state of Michigan, where he is campaigning with Abdul Alsayed, the DSA friendly candidate who won the Democratic nomination for the US Senate in that state. He was the guy who was campaigning all over with Hassan Piker, who has tweeted and said all kinds of interesting things about all kinds of different people, and Gavin Newsom seems to be all in with this wing of the party of the Democratic Party as we approach the twenty twenty eight Democratic primary. Gavin Newsom, prior to recently, was trying to portray himself as the number one Trump hater on planet Earth and more of a standard partisan Democrat, And now it seems like he wants to play foot see with the DSA and the left wing of the party. What do you make of what he's doing over there.
Speaker 3: I think that he's I think he's trying to serve three masters. I think one he is trying to mitigate the fallout of coming out against Prop forty here in California and suggesting we should have the National Billionaire's Tax instead. I think that he is trying to cozy up to the far left in a way that's safe, in a way that doesn't require him to abandon the old guard the base, because right now, Gavin Newsom I think very likely has the DNC support, possibly to the extent that Hillary Clinton would have in twenty fifteen twenty sixteen, and he needs to do something to get the far left on his side. Buddying up to this guy a lot safer than AOC. He's too new to have that ingrained knee jerk rage freak out every time his face turns up on TV for folks in the center, but for folks on the far left, it's a code for we are DSA friendly.
Speaker 2: Do you think anyone in the DSA and the DSA can be quite dogmatic about what they believe in where there's not a lot of room for nuance. Do you think that they look at him and they see a fellow traveler or do they look at him and see an opportunist who is trying to exploit what he sees as an open lane.
Speaker 3: Interestingly, I think for those in the DSA they see the opportunists, they recognize him for what it is, because while that they may be wrong headed and misguided. I think the folks out on the far left are more engaged. I think that this is going to fly under the radar of the centrists, but I don't think it's going to be enough for the progressive left.
Speaker 2: What do you think Gavin Newsom believes into his core? And I say that because I am of the belief that if he was raised in Boise, Idaho, instead of Marin County, California, or he was raised in I don't know, Houston, Texas, he would be a Republican politician in a red state who wants to be the guy in the room making the decisions, and political philosophy political ideology is just something that's not that important to him. He is extremely malleable. He looks in the mirror and sees a rock star, he looks in the mirror and sees a president, and his faith and his belief is in himself and not in any particular worldview.
Speaker 3: Oh, John, I think that you've hit the nail right on the head. Gavin Newsom is whatever the moment requires him to be. What Gavin Newsom wants to be is powerful. Gavin Newsom wants to be is a statement. I think what Gavin Newsom, in his heart of hearts, wants is to be Jack Kennedy. But absent the opportunity for that brand of politics to sell, Gavin Newsom will do whatever is expedient for his campaign, and this is why he's in Michigan campaigning for aes.
Speaker 2: What kind of candidate do you think he's going to make for president? Because I don't think he's going to make a good one at all. I don't think he's going to be the Democratic nominee. I don't think he's going to have a good showing. I think it's going to be a really humiliating process for him.
Speaker 3: In his mind more than anyone's. Whenever we talk about Gavin Newsom campaigning at the national level, the thing that goes through my head is the Target incident. You remember, right after the pandemic. We were still wearing our face diapers. We were all six feet apart in the grocery store and Gavin Newsom goes into Target. Everybody's got their phones up because, oh my god, the governor's here and the cashier made a comment to him about the shutdowns and he lost it. On a minimum wage, part time employee, the governor couldn't take critique. It wasn't even criticism of him personally. If anything, the criticism was probably directed more at Fauci and Newsom couldn't hang. And now he's going to go into a campaign where the primary is going to be brutal. The genuinely progressive left is going to hit him for his failings there, moderates and the right are going to hit him for his failings everywhere else. And I think we're going to see a very peevish, very spoiled man reveal himself.
Speaker 2: What I am looking forward to is the debate where he's standing on stage with Kamala Harris, because so far the two of them have been frontemies for a very long time, but they've always bent over backwards to make sure they never directly took each other on. She was da he was mayor of San Francisco. When they went to state one, she became the attorney general, he became lieutenant governor. When they wanted to move up to the top of the ticket, she took the Senate seat, he took the governor's seat. They've never run against each other, despite the fact that they're of similar age, they're from the same part of the state, they've always gone in different lanes, and they've always endorsed each other publicly and publicly been fond of one another privately. I think it's probably a different story. But when those two go at each other for the first time on that stage, I think she is a unique threat to him because she could say he was a bad governor in California, and he was the one in charge of the bullet train that turned into the disaster. He was the reason that Shampau is locked up behind bulletproof class at the target in California. He's the reason we have all of these homeless encampments up and down the state. He was the one said he was going to solve that and he didn't. And the fact that she comes not only from the same state, but from the same city as him, she can hit him and speak in ways where she has credibility that the other candidates do not. And we know what happened with her and Grampy Joe the last time around, when she essentially declared him to be part of the Klan. She could be effective. I mean, I'm not a big fan of hers, and I thought she was an awful general election candidate, but she did damage to him in that primary to Grampy Joe, and I think she can do the same thing to Gavin Oh one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: Look, I don't like Kamala as a candidate. I don't like Kamala as a statesman, but as a debater, she's effective. The fact of the matter is she knows how to argue and he doesn't know how to manage his temper, so there's a real opportunity for her to knock him down a peg. But I just think that the that proved that it's possible to be less popular than Hillary Clinton ultimately isn't going to be the standard bearer for the party. But I think that she's going to cost him some votes. I think she's going to cost him some peace of mind, and I know she's going to cost him money.
Speaker 2: Whereas speaking with Philip Teresi, who you can follow on x at Philip Teresi, let's switch gears here and talk about the governor's race, because it seems like the strategy that Javier Bessera is going to employ is going to be very similar to what Grampy Joe did back in twenty twenty, which is to hide in the basement, not come out, do as few interviews as possible, debate as little as possible, and just hope that people forget that your name is even on the ballot, and just exploit the registration advantage to win and then take your seat. It seems like he has very minimal interest in actively campaigning up and down the state. There was just a press event that he participated in in Sacramento where the reporters literally chased him to the car and he wouldn't talk to them about anything. But that's par for the course with him, and whenever he does interviews it seems to be crash and burn. We know that he showed up to those cabinet meetings with the Biden administration totally unprepared, didn't do the reading before he'd have to sit down with the president. I guess those meetings became embarrassing because of him, and many of his colleagues have a very low opinion of him. Do you think he's going to be able to get away with that in this election?
Speaker 3: Unfortunately? Yeah. I think that I think that if Bessarah positions himself with the attitude of look, we need adults in the room. We need people who are here to manage, not people who are here to grandstand and seek social media followings. He's going to have an opportunity not to attack Hilton on the issues, but to attack him on style. And I do think that there is a measure of fatigue that could play well to that. Not with conservative voters, not with people that are sick with the stalemate that is Sacramento as it is. But I actually think that this strategy one The one thing that remains to be seen is does he have the cash on hand to effectively advertise, to remember people, to remind people that he exists when we get to October.
Speaker 2: What how has Besarah received in the Central Valley right now?
Speaker 3: Oh, big iyrolls. He does not have fans here. He's perceived as weak, he is perceived as a supplicant to the DNC agenda. That the expectation is that if Bessera wins, and there's no false misconception that that's out of the question. That the belief is that he is going to be Gavin Newsome third term and he's going to be as status quo governor, which is not what we want. But unfortunately there is an air of resignation in this.
Speaker 2: I think he would be worse than Gavin Newsom because Gavin Newsom has always been a very politically ambitious guy. We knew from the moment he got elected lieutenant governor that he wanted to be president of the United States, maybe even going all the way back to mayor of San Francisco. It was just obvious. So he wasn't going to do anything too reckless because he wanted to preserve his credibility as a national figure and a national candidate. And I think that his presidential ambitions played a role in many of the decisions that he made with Bisarah. This is the last stop on the subway for him. I don't see him moving up the food chain at all, because I guess after being governor of California, it's president or vice president or bust. I don't see either one of those things happening. And I see him as being kind of uniquely incompetent. Where you look at his performance as Secretary of Health and Human Services during COVID that was a complete disaster. In fact, they had such a low opinion of him they cut him out of all the health related press conferences that the president participated in. You look at his time as ag here in California. He was chasing headlines trying to sue the Trump administration. But outside of that, I guess that office was a complete basket case. He's demonstrated zero ability to run a big organization if God forbid, we were to have a big earthquake or some kind of natural disaster. I don't see him being a competent leader through the crisis. I see him as being someone who's going to tread water at best and be a slow motion train wreck at worst.
Speaker 3: Well, and I think that that treading water is that's one hundred percent right. Javier Basera will be the deferred maintenance governor. He will come in, he will accomplish us nothing new. He will maintain the status quo. He will avoid the media. He will rubber stamp whatever's popular with the party coming out of the Capitol. He's not going to innovate and he's not going to solve problems. Hilton has a plan to deal with high speed rail. Hilton has a plan to deal with the cost of housing. Hilton has a plan to deal with the medical issue. But Sarah's articulated none of that, and it's only going to get worse. If we elect a governor that sits on his hands, and I think that's the guy. But Sarah is in no small part because he doesn't have that network that Newsom has managed to build.
Speaker 2: Proposition forty, which is the billionaire wealth confiscation tax, just to earn the endorsement of the California Democratic Party. The California Nurses Association just came out in favor of it, as did the California Federation of Labor heavy hitters in state politics. The polls say that this thing would pass if the election were held today. When I look at this, I say to myself, if I'm Silicon Valley, if I'm the high tech industry, if you want this thing to fail. Outside of kicking into the no campaign, which I'm sure they will do, one of the ways that you can assure that this thing will fail is if you make sure that Hilton is a viable candidate that has the resources that he needs to get his message out. Because if he gets crushed by twenty plus percent, my guess is Prop forty passes, and it's not particularly close. If he can get closer to Bisserah than what Republicans usually do do better than John Cox do better than Brian Dolly. He may not be able to win the election, but he might be able to sink Prop forty. But so far we just Tadam on the podcast last week, he said that Silicon Valley is not coming in in a big way quite yet. What do you see the Silicon Valley Titans doing and do you believe that they will ultimately line up behind Hilton in a way that makes a difference.
Speaker 3: Silicon Valley is extremely mercenary and there's not going to be any hesitation to back Hilton if they believe he's got a real shot. They'll play nice with Bisera if they believe, like I think he does, that the registration advantages the end of the story, if Hilton is able to show that he has got popular support, and I think that he can, Hilton's got the charisma to draw a crowd, He's got the charisma of fundraise well. Silicon Valley will fall in line behind him, especially if he's emphasizing removing roadblocks for AI development and taking that stand against Prop forty, promising to litigate against it, getting Michael Gates to step in and intervene. Hilton can win their support, but it's gonna come down to which way they think is going to best serve their interests for the next four years.
Speaker 2: Philip Teresi afternoon drive host at our sister station KMJ in the Central Valley from two to six in the afternoon on Monday through Friday. You can also listen to him on Election Night on KABC in La KSFO in the Bay Area and KMJ in the Central Valley. You can follow him on Exit Philip Teresi, Philip Teresi, thanks so much for stopping by.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: It's the John and Phillips Show, and Randy. If you want to watch us perform the show live, you can do so. Johnny don't like dot com.
Speaker 5: And there are things that you will only experience when watching us live, like when the beautiful poster that a fan made us keeps falling because the studio doesn't have walls and the best tape that we can afford doesn't work anymore. I'm not fixing it anymore. Every single day I go in here and the poster is falling to the floor, and I pick it up and I stick it back on the wall. I'm done. If we're too cheap for duct tape, I'm not putting it up on the wall anymore. Also, you should watch us Johnny don't like dot Com. That's Johnny don't like dot Com. There's a lot of shenanigans going on in the chat room every single day. You can see our dumpy little studio, the Katie Porter, bobblehead, what have you. We want you to participate in the show. Play around in the chat room. We're having a great time here until three o'clock. But I'm telling you right now, until somebody makes a permanent fix, I'm not picking that poster up off the floor. It has so many dents in it now on the corners because it falls every single day.
Speaker 2: And if you have it, checked out the latest edition of the Accountability Podcast.
Speaker 5: Check that out to day Johnny don't like dot Com. It's our exclusive interview with Steve Hilton and went for forty minutes, covered a whole bunch of issues. Watch it. If you've already watched it, watch it again and leave a comment. Comments are really important for getting YouTube to recommend us to other people, so leave a comment on everything we post. We appreciate it.
Speaker 2: If you'd like to watch us perform the show live, go to Johnny, don't like dot com and make sure to click that like button when you're there.
Speaker 5: It's the big thumbs up. It really helps us out a lot. I'm not picking back up that poster. I'm done.
Speaker 2: You're on strike. We're Cecily.
Speaker 5: Oh I could you know if Cecily was our union rep, we'd be living large. Shit that money?
Speaker 2: All right, it's now time to open up the California Crime bladder.
Speaker 5: If the cat shit is dumby.
Speaker 1: We couldn't make this stuff up if we tried.
Speaker 2: I said, hell no, very boy, let me get up one out of here.
Speaker 1: It's the California Crime Bloader.
Speaker 2: And to the surprise of no one, Steve cluebec is making the blotter yet again.
Speaker 6: Don't bust the trust.
Speaker 5: Steven Klubeck is in a whole lot of trouble because he started threatening his friends who fell victim to his ex fiance scam. That's right, it's another update on Adva Laville also known as mia Ventura for more on all this madness. And remember this guy who was dating this scam artist thought he was gonna be the next governor.
Speaker 2: And I love the only thing that caused him to drop out of the race was because Swalwell got in, and he held Swalwell in such high regard that he thought that he didn't need to be a candidate anymore because the perfect candidate was already in the race.
Speaker 5: He was taking Swalwell on vacations. He had Swawell hold up in his house during the initial blow up. With all of the rape allegations, it's been an interesting downfall for mister timeshare Steve Glueback.
Speaker 6: Don't bust the trust.
Speaker 5: Here's a great explainer on where we are now in this bizarre case with Glenn Walker and Fox eleven.
Speaker 7: An OnlyFans, model and a billionaire former gubernatorial candidate are at the center of it.
Speaker 5: Is the most Beverly Hill story you've ever heard.
Speaker 7: A high profile case. Steven Klueback, the timeshare tycoon behind Diamond Resorts International, now faces serious charges and potential jail time for a lesson.
Speaker 5: Someone got a little sunburn, I can tell maybe he was on that yacht again.
Speaker 7: Actually interfering in a criminal case against his ex fiance.
Speaker 5: Wait a second, I never bothered to check out his website when he was running for governor. What does it say there on the top California get a clue.
Speaker 2: I love how he always has the dress shirt unbuttoned down. Luck he's Donald Sterling.
Speaker 5: Oh boy, you know it takes a special type of breed of political consultant to convince this guy and his wallet that yes, you should totally run for.
Speaker 7: Governor Adva Levie also known as Mia Ventura. It was quite the wedding announcement.
Speaker 5: That might be one of the creepiest things I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: I wonder what the pictures they didn't choose look like.
Speaker 5: Now he created a save the date wedding announcement with Ai and for some reason, with Ai, Stephen Kluback looks like Paul Reser.
Speaker 2: That looks like it could be the logo for a Hallmark movie, doesn't it. Yes?
Speaker 5: But it also if you would look at that image, you would imagine that is a picture of a father giving his daughter away. No, no, no, no no, that was the couple to be and that is creepy as hell.
Speaker 2: Well have you ever seen the photo booth on a cruise ship before?
Speaker 5: I have not. Please tell us all about it.
Speaker 2: Okay, you wait in a very long line to get in front of the backdrop, and then they have some guy from Indonesia as the photographer, and all of the poses are exactly the same. They have the woman looking at the camera, and they have the woman's husband look like a leering rapist. And sometimes it's couples that have been together like fifty years, and you go, why would anyone want to pose like that? But I guess that's what the style guide tells him to do.
Speaker 7: Ai generated a local real estate magnet and is much younger fiance model and social media.
Speaker 5: There was a little judgment in there, Glenn, I could hear it.
Speaker 7: Idiot personality. Ottava Levie were getting married in Israel. Cancel that the loving couple broken up due to legal troubles for both.
Speaker 2: And just to be clear, mia Ventura is in no relation to Jesse the body.
Speaker 5: If you're married and you're both in prison, do you get like a special conjugal visit where you meet in a mutual place.
Speaker 2: Nope? I learned that from the chrislies.
Speaker 5: Oh really yep, no love for Todd huh.
Speaker 2: They couldn't even talk to each other.
Speaker 7: Last year, Levie was charged with seducing wealthy older men and younger women she met through data gaps.
Speaker 5: The women one is interesting, so what she's bisexual? Yeah, but you're typically you are not surprised when you hear that an only fans model is tricking men into thinking that she's into them so she can rob them. How is that also working on young women? So here's what I think.
Speaker 2: I think she is bisexual where you buy her stuff and she gets real sexual.
Speaker 5: It's pretty good.
Speaker 7: Using her other name Mia Ventura prosecutor to say she posed as a girlfriend a travel companion, targeting victims living in Westlake Village, West Hollywood, Los Angeles, and Beverly Hills.
Speaker 5: What it was totally legit, the love that she had for clueback.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, she was the alcoy in his eye.
Speaker 5: She wasn't scamming him at all.
Speaker 6: Don't bust the trust.
Speaker 7: Once in she stole jewelry, watches, design, her bags, gold, and a whole lot of cash.
Speaker 2: Boy, she took everything that wasn't nailed down.
Speaker 5: And this was the woman that she went on a Vegas pod cast and I don't understand why she'd be booked as a guest on one. But she goes into the green room and after she says she's going to the bathroom, she steals from all the purses of all the other guests and then goes back and finishes the interview.
Speaker 7: Clubec before the breakup, allegedly tampered with witnesses in that case, creating his own criminal case.
Speaker 5: What do you think those phone calls were?
Speaker 2: Like? How many scotches into the night do you think he was before he started dialing.
Speaker 5: Before he started contacting people who would be on the witness list because they were a victim to her crimes, and him trying to intimidate them to not speak up about this. Don't bust the trust, don't bust the trust. This guy thought he would be governor. He spent money on being governor, and then, just to show you how great his judgment was, he then went all in on Swallwell and.
Speaker 8: The one hand, a penthouse pet model who's an influencer, and you have a billionaire, a former Grumbinatoria candidate charge. So it is very crazy, but in the criminal law word world, it's not unusual.
Speaker 7: In late April, Klubec was charged with two felon accounts of attempting to dissuade a witness slash victim by force or threat, in one count of preventing or dissuating a witness or victim from attending or testifying at a trial or proceeding against his infiance. Annoying phone.
Speaker 5: So what did he do?
Speaker 2: That's what I'd like to know.
Speaker 5: Okay, actually we're going to get into it right here. What did Klubec do to tamper with witnesses?
Speaker 2: Say?
Speaker 7: Annoying phone calls to one of the victims' attorneys.
Speaker 5: So he's calling and harassing the lawyer that's representing I'm assuming one of his friends that got victimized by her. Oh boy, it just goes to show you just because you have a lot of money doesn't mean you're smart.
Speaker 7: Added a mister meaner count. This morning, in a van nice courtroom, the billionaire pleaded not guilty.
Speaker 8: Perhaps his conduct was a little bit misguided, but he is facing the risk of prison time, and I'm sure his defense is going to have some sort of argument to say, Look, he was just trying to get these witnesses to tell the truth. He wasn't trying to intimidate him. At the end of the day, words matter, and his conduct was not illegal.
Speaker 7: Along with the Los Angeles County charges, Leville is also charged with grand theft in Riverside County, Indio. Police say a man invited her to his home during the Cachella Music Festival and now accuses her of stealing an eighty six hundred dollars Rolex watch, a seven hundred dollars pair of Louis Vauton aviator glasses, and a Louis Vuitton card holder wallet.
Speaker 5: That was the stuff she stole out of the cyber truck when she got mad that the friend of the friend that invited her to this house in India so didn't have a free Coachella wristband for her.
Speaker 2: Do you think that she is a kleptomaniac or do you think she's just entitled to the nth degree?
Speaker 5: Oh, I think it's the latter. I think she's super entitled and she thinks she deserves all of this and that's why she robs from everybody.
Speaker 7: Free on bail, she removed an ankle monitoring device and was rearrested last week.
Speaker 5: Now, this is the part of the story that I think is actually in my opinion, even though this is a very funny case and Klubec deserves everything that he's getting for hitching his wagon to this one, the most important part of the story in my opinion, is that she removed her ankle monitor and nobody know nobody knew that it was not notified. That's not how she got rearrested. She got rearrested because of the riverside charges that came out. She was at dinner with Clue and she had no ankle monitor on. And it is just a reminder that in La County, we have understaffed our probation department to the point where there are so few field deputies left because they all have to go work in the juvenile halls because George Gascunn put all the gang members in there and they're starting boy fights that there actually isn't anybody to monitor anyone on an ankle monitor.
Speaker 2: Nobody's minding the store.
Speaker 8: Multiple victims, multiple witnesses. Her case appears on the surface to be pretty air tight.
Speaker 7: Coupled with his relationship with Levie, Klubec was also close and now disgraced California Democrat Congressman Eric.
Speaker 5: Swolwell, Oh, it's just a it's just a cavalcade of the best of the best.
Speaker 2: I love the disgrace is now part of the bio.
Speaker 7: YEP forced to resign from Congress.
Speaker 5: Another guy with all the stuff that went on with him for years and years and years. He had the hubris to think that none of that was going to come out. I'm going to run for governor and win.
Speaker 2: Well, had it not come out right before the election, maybe he would have.
Speaker 7: And suspending his gubernatorial campaign. Swollwell was a house guest of Klubec when alligation surface that he drugged and sexually assaulted a woman in twenty eighteen at a West Hollywood hotel. He also denies the woman's account.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, he shot the video from Klubec's house where he was trying to deny all this on the first night.
Speaker 6: Don't bust the trust.
Speaker 2: Who do you think did the cooking?
Speaker 7: Another Eli well gaitions of sexual assault.
Speaker 8: It's interesting he has perhaps a poor judgment in some of the relationships he has made. But at the same time, he hasn't proven guilty. He's presumed innocent and maybe evidence will come out to exonerate him.
Speaker 1: There's not no.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would bet against that, not.
Speaker 8: Yet been proof beyond a reasonable valade that he did anything wrong.
Speaker 7: Clubec remains free on three hundred thousand dollars bond posted within hours of his arrest on May twelfth by the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department. He'll be back in court October seventh. We're hearing to determine if there is enough evidence to allow this case to move forward to a trial. Adva Levie is due back in court on Monday for a pre trial conference.
Speaker 5: And the last time she was in court last week, it was kind of a wild scene. Even though she speaks perfect English, she asked for a Israeli translator. And then in the pre trial hearing, when someone was on the witness s Dend, testifying about all the stuff she's done, she just starts screaming, you can't believe her, she's a drunk.
Speaker 2: Well, these sound like classy people, you know.
Speaker 5: With a story like this, TMZ might need to come back to.
Speaker 2: It's the John and Phillips Show. If you'd like to watch us perform the show live, go to Johnny Don't like dot com Click that like button. We're just under two hundred, so thank you to all of you who have clicked the like button, and if you haven't done it yet, please do it for us. It really helps us out a lot. And if you haven't checked out the Accountability Podcast, it's our interview with Steve Hilton, and it's doing better than any of our other podcasts before. So make sure to check that out if you have any interest in the gubernatorial election. He really reveals a lot in terms of what he thinks his path to victory is in that election. Definitely check that.
Speaker 5: Out, Johnny, Have you hit the like button today? I have, all right, that's at least two. I hit the like button sometimes I forget. All right, it's time to reopen the California crime bladder.
Speaker 8: Dummy.
Speaker 1: We shouldn't make the stuff up. If we tried, I said.
Speaker 2: Hell no, baby boy, let me get up, boat out of here.
Speaker 1: It's the California Crime blow there.
Speaker 2: And this edition takes us to East LA where an AutoZone was looted after a street takeover, not once, but twice.
Speaker 5: It happened one night, and then it happened the next night. Crime is definitely down for more. Here is Fox eleven in Los Angeles, and you guessed it. Matthew Seedorf a.
Speaker 9: New tonight an auto parts shop hit by burglars from a street takeover twice in twenty four hours.
Speaker 5: It looks like it got hit by a tornado.
Speaker 2: Now I don't want to make any accusations without having my ducks in a row. But do you think it could have been the Pep boys.
Speaker 5: I think it was the downass kids.
Speaker 9: It happens Saturday and Sunday mornings. The AutoZone near Olympic and Atlantic Fox ups Matthew Schidorf there tonight with more for us.
Speaker 5: Look how many officers are there after the fact, after they arrested nobody doing a heck of a job.
Speaker 10: The windows tonight boarded up exactly like they were last night, but tonight they also have added extra security workers here hoping this stops now.
Speaker 5: When you drive past the AutoZone that's got boarded up doors and windows, are you going in?
Speaker 2: No, because if you leave your car there to go shopping in that establishment, you're not going to be leaving with your catalytic converter.
Speaker 10: Another break in, another night, boarding up windows and doors at this East La AutoZone.
Speaker 5: I don't know why I were open, and guys says, I don't even know how we're open.
Speaker 2: I feel for them.
Speaker 10: My cell phone video shows looters swarming the store Sunday morning.
Speaker 5: Arn think those are Nithia voters or Bass voters.
Speaker 2: If they voted all they're definitely for Nythia round a.
Speaker 10: Door already boarded up from the night before.
Speaker 5: This is just kids. Get why is there a woman there? What the hell?
Speaker 2: I'll tell you. If you're a parent and you see one of your kids looting this AutoZone, you failed, yepsectomy.
Speaker 10: Hands full of stone, batteries, oil mats, whatever they do.
Speaker 5: There's a surprising amount of females in this scene looting the AutoZone. What the hell?
Speaker 2: One with pink hair. She looks like a real prize.
Speaker 6: Good grab.
Speaker 4: I come here all the time, and there should be no reason why people do this.
Speaker 7: Gonna they're gonna.
Speaker 5: Get caught, No they're not.
Speaker 2: It's la lady.
Speaker 5: There are no arrests made for these things, over and over, and there are places where there's the crackdown, and the crackdown is real, and they arrest and tow every single vehicle that does not happen in Los Angeles County. And you have your elected leaders to blame for this.
Speaker 10: First break in early Saturday morning during a street takeover involving at least one hundred cars at Olympic in.
Speaker 2: Atlantic See, this is what happens. The cops are outnumbered, so they don't even show up until it's done, and they just write a report.
Speaker 5: It's not safe for them to interfere when it's that huge. We would need back up from the CHP, neighboring agencies. Heck the National Guard. I don't know, but they're not gonna do it.
Speaker 10: Then twenty four hours later, another takeover, another break in, no arrest, and then in Watson, almost identical scene Sunday morning at a different AutoZone.
Speaker 2: Oh, come on, okay, if you hit the same shop that many times though they don't even have an opportunity to reach stock.
Speaker 10: It Another street takeover, another store looted, even a waymo set on fire.
Speaker 5: What did the weimo do the robots remember.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they're gonna kill us all someday.
Speaker 10: And now this worker boarding up the store again, but wearing a bullet resistant vest.
Speaker 2: So crime is down, huh, that's what they say.
Speaker 5: Just another insane day in Los Angeles County. I gotta get out, hit the like button so I can afford to move to San Francisco.