Speaker 1: And an exclusive interview with David Bassey for Dodger Talk. It's call day, last call, First call, Alex call. He's in left field tonight, second start since the All Star break. Alex. Thanks a lot for the time, appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Dave.
Speaker 2: Ready to rock?
Speaker 1: I know you are. I know you've been waiting for this opportunity. How have you been able to stay ready throughout the spared and limited opportunities?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you go about your work, grind it out, prepare as if you're going to play that day, and uh, you know, just leave it at that. Really, I mean you try to stay sharp, stay on the VR, stay on traject, whatever it is machine, stay in your routine and work on your your game and do the best you can. Obviously is he'd love to play every day. You love to play more. But we have an amazing group of guys, amazing talented players, and you know, I'm grateful and happy to be amongst them and to be in line up today.
Speaker 1: I know you expressed to Dave Roberts Andrew Friedman that there was nowhere else you'd rather be than here, even if it meant getting a start once every week, once every couple of weeks coming off the bench. How much does it mean to you to still be part of this team and be able to contribute to a possible three peat. Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 2: You kind of been dealing with that question a lot, just trying to wrestle with it all throughout the year. And it's just so much fun here and the guys are great and you get to play amongst the best, and you know, hall of famers everywhere, and possibility for winning World Series. I mean last year was so much fun. It's like, why would you not want to do that again? No matter what the capacity? And you know, I'll be ready and I'm ready for my moments, not only today, but as we go throughout the rest of the season in October, and that's kind of what I'm focusing on.
Speaker 1: Every day I get to witness part of your process and just to be candid with those listening, you have been the first guy out here every day, whether you're starting, whether you're not starting, you're out here the first guy to work with Dino Ebel. How big has that been to your role on this team to not waiver from your daily routine.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, the bottom line is when you play the game and when you get called on, you got to be a major league player, not only a major league player, but you got to be a good one and you got to be able to help the team win. So that's the role and that's the bottom line. So whatever I have to do, whatever it takes to be ready for that opportunity to be above average major league player when I step on the field, and you know, that's tricky and it's difficult, but when you have you know, a great coaching staff and just the want and the ability to work, you can go at it and then you know you've given it all you can, You've done everything you can and the results are in God's stands.
Speaker 1: Alex call is our guest. He's in left field tonight on snell Zilla Day. That's right bump day for Blake Snell. Second start of the season, first start in a long time. You guys know how much work pitchers put into their every fifth or sixth day. What does it mean for you to be in left field with Blake on the mound and a guy that really does value defense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's exciting, you know, super excited to have Blake back out there. And when you're playing defense behind him. You're just ready to help him out by any means necessary. So it's great to have him back out there. We're excited to see what he's got and be ready to, you know, make some place for him and watch him deal.
Speaker 1: How about Michael Waka. He's the guy that's been around a long time. Dodger fans remember him from the twenty thirteen NLCS. Hard to believe it's twenty twenty six, but there's not a lot of secrets that he has for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, he's obviously been around a long time, and you know, just going to try to get get a pitch down the middle and hit it back up the middle. Keep it pretty simple.
Speaker 1: Love it. I love keeping it simple. Call I'm a guy that keeps life simple. I like your approach to baseball.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Dave. I appreciate that, and we'll keep it rolling all right.
Speaker 1: Before I let you go. Yesterday, you got to hang out with former Raiders quarterback, a hero to many in Los Angeles, Derek Carr. How special was it to realize a guy that was an NFL quarterback appreciates meeting guys like you and Tom Yedman just as much as you guys appreciate what he does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's always cool, always cool. I've obviously watched a lot of Derek's games and respected his career and his faith as well, so it was good to be able to meet him and his kids yesterday and taking a Dodger win.
Speaker 1: All right. Well, I'm glad he was here yesterday because Alex calls about to lock it in to start in left field tonight for Blake Snell and the Dodgers. Thanks a lot for the time, Alex, and have a great game, stay healthy, and we'll keep it rolling.
Speaker 2: All right, Let's go, Dave.