Speaker 1: Here July nineteenth. John mullaney will be there August twenty second Blues Traveler and Gin Blossoms. He'll be there on September twelfth. Get all the details on all of our upcoming shows on the concert page at Campa dot com.
Speaker 2: Keywred Calendar.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, let's do it all right here we are welcome back Arching Money shows, Benle Thursday, Big Day, Big Beautiful, Hot.
Speaker 2: Day, Big Big, Big, Big Day, t I Tonight, Big seven to Night, Citrus can't wait, giving away trips to Vegas tonight and on morning. It's gonna be the best. Yeah, you guys get a real big night tonight. Yeah, it's gonna Yeah, it's gonna be fun sometimes Usa, Man.
Speaker 3: Big announcement tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Wow, Hey, a lot going on, not going on. There's a large announcement tonight.
Speaker 3: Yeah it's right.
Speaker 2: It's over. Oh no, no, it's good.
Speaker 3: Well maybe yeah, we don't know.
Speaker 2: Nobody ever knows what's going on. I mean I do well, I mean let's just say, you know. Part of the announcement is like, look, the Power Trip is the first show on KFE history to turn twenty five years old. It's a run that's essentially never been done in the Twin Cities in the history of radio twenty five straight. So let's just it's a big deal. We're going to make it a big deal. And you know, when the rest of the shows get there, I hope they make it a big deal. Let's do Fan five.
Speaker 3: Let's do that. Well, games time for Fan five on the Power Trip, brought to you by the Saint Paul Saints.
Speaker 2: Thanks Saint Paul Saints. Yes, well dot Com perfect accidental transition. I forgot they sponsored this bit because I don't know if you guys have seen this video. It's a weird story to lead with because I think it was from about like a day and a half ago. But still, have you seen the video of Dodgers prospect Kendall George getting hurt? No, no, no, you don't have to know much about him outside of this. I guess he stole one hundred bases last year. He is speed. His speed is what he is known for. He's something like twenty one. He's he's a prospect. He's apparently a very high end prospect. So he crosses home plate minor league baseball game, cross his home plate and as he's speeding to the dugout. At the last second, there is a I'm not making this up, a bat dog, right, A dog that's minor league baseball, a dog that is trained to go like get the bat.
Speaker 3: Does that have wings?
Speaker 2: Nope, not that kind of a bad dog. At the last second, he sees it and tries to jump out of the way of the bat dog, and when he lands, they thought he tore his a CEO. So he immediately starts limping and he's so pissed. He's like you can see it, and he's he's just steaming. So they thought he tore something. Now they're convinced that he injured it but may have avoided ligament damage. So now people are like, is it over for bat Doog? Yeah, it's over.
Speaker 3: It's like you got you got you, they're gonna put him down.
Speaker 2: You get a guy. You got a guy who is the future, relies on speed, and you may have cost him his career. That is a dog that's like.
Speaker 3: That's the beginning of a movie where the guy does that, and then the rest of the movies about him finding love in Christmas Town.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's also like him and him and bat dog going in adventure across the country, like what it was the Journey of Natty Gan or something? Was that? Is that what it was called?
Speaker 3: Again, yeah, I think you're making that up.
Speaker 2: Patton Oswald's wife.
Speaker 3: What she wrote the book about Sarah Killer, remember.
Speaker 2: No, that was the one who died.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Current of Natty ganm is a nineteen eighty five film with what in the sweet hell the.
Speaker 2: Current wife was? His current wife was the star of that movie, Megan Meredith Sallenger Sallenger exactly. No, McNamara is the one that died. She was the the investigative journalist. Oh yeah, this one, Meredith Salleinger Meredith, right, Yeah, she was the star of The Avenger of the Journey of Natty Gan. And now that's Patton Oswald's current wife. I love the hell why we were talking about that movie growing up. Anyway, My point is maybe maybe this is the start of a movie where it's some kind of cross country journey that I think the word journeys with got to Natty again.
Speaker 5: Sure, maybe it's like Rookie of the Year and his knee becomes like this.
Speaker 2: Like super and now he's the Flash and now he's the Flash and bat Doog is a hero, not a villain, don't put right. It's a very like innocent video. He just jumps out of the way because he sees the dog at the last second and then just lands awkwardly, doesn't trip over the dog, just jumps out of the way of the dog.
Speaker 3: I like your pitches here, I'm gonna give you mine, tears his knee in every possible way, becomes a terrible living on the streets like somebody going and they grew up with him, meets him, says, oh my god, dude, Natty, you're better than this. And they get them to rehab, and in rehab they say, you need a dog that's going to help you. He's like, okay. So he goes to the shelter and there's only one damn dog there, and it's that damn dog that he found that he had to move right, And so he says, I'll take that dog and they go on a journey together and he drowns that dog in a river.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. The twist is you think he's going to find some respect in love for a dog that was about to get put down. That's the twist. But the twist is that he just wants to murder it. In the most violent way possible. So he feels like he took that dog's life? Is that the Natty gan?
Speaker 3: Do you want to buy my story?
Speaker 2: Five bucks? So you really want to buy the rights to that story for five dollars? Chris? I would take it. I just take it. I would take it.
Speaker 3: I just did.
Speaker 2: Hang on. I didn't know we could pitch you movie ideas that you would buy. Are you a movie producer? Now? He was going to be an art collector? I have a new game maker. Oh, what's a new gig. I'm not going to say I'll get made fun of. That is not something we would do.
Speaker 4: Tell us, what have we ever made fun of your ideas? Sure, we make fun of you, but one if I had an idea, that's true exactly. So we've had zero opportunities to uh, here, here's my five bucks for a movie? Can I have I need for the casino?
Speaker 2: What's your idea? I don't want to I'll get made fun of. I don't think we're gonna do that. I think we'll respect little respect. We'll respect just a little respect for me.
Speaker 5: As long as you pronounce every word right, We're not going to make fun of you.
Speaker 2: What's an easy word to say. I think it's two words. Your pitch is only two words. No, what I grand ideas, only a grand idea.
Speaker 4: It's just something I think I want to do with the rest of my life. Not with the rest of my life.
Speaker 2: But male prostitution. No, only fans, No, No, I would.
Speaker 5: Pay for that to feed picks like that, feed picks.
Speaker 3: Hold sign at top ramp.
Speaker 4: If that's like eight words, I don't want to say because I don't want to be made fun of.
Speaker 2: Brush teeth, no brush, but golf instruct No one wants that. I have an idea.
Speaker 4: My idea is so you know, like everybody is like, you should have a backup plan. I don't have a backup plan. So when when this horse ride ends, it's over for me. I got no no ambition, no plan. But I think I'm going to try and get into real estate. I think i'd make a pretty good real litter that I know.
Speaker 2: People just the worst. You're talking residential or commercial. Don't know what that is.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's a bad start, but I think i'd be good at it.
Speaker 4: I haven't done any research into it. I just think that might be my new path because I'm going to get fired from here. Everybody does.
Speaker 2: Okay, can we can we roll play? I don't know. Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 5: Can you be my realtor and can you take me through a house? Yes, sir, okay we pull up to the driveway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, sorry, I'm twenty five minutes late.
Speaker 5: I'm not even gonna ask where you are that you're closing another deal. I'm never because you're always. I trust you.
Speaker 2: Sor it was Crows closing deals. Yes, I know you are cross. I can't.
Speaker 5: I can't wait for you to show me this home and close this deal. Yes, sir, I'm very excited about it. Thanks for meeting me, mister Leebert. Yes, always good to see you.
Speaker 2: Thanks. Sorry, I had to get a ride here from my dad. Okay, what do I need to know about this home? You're gorgeous on the outside. Curb appeals, the curb peel you need. It's in a good school area.
Speaker 4: I know you don't need much of that anymore, but I'm pretending that you're moving today. Sure, it's in a great area, great tax area for you. Your neighbors are lovely and uh, let's go inside and meet the house.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'd love to meet the house. The house.
Speaker 4: When was the house born? The house was born. It's a new build twenty twenty five, so roughly new. It's about a year and a half old. Oh so basically turnkey. Yeah, it's turnkey. It's ready to go. There's a pool in the backyard, very low maintenance pool. It's a natural pool.
Speaker 2: Are there any contingencies? There are no contingencies. What does that mean? A contingency would be.
Speaker 4: Like if the person buying it had to sell their home before you could move in.
Speaker 3: Quick question? Are you and Corey buying this us together?
Speaker 2: B yeah, Cory yees? Cory yeah, Cory, yes, buy it. I just want to meet it. Okay, yeah, okay.
Speaker 5: Are there any house any disclosures that I need to know about?
Speaker 2: There is a small thing.
Speaker 4: There are a couple of swings in the basement that are bolted into the basement that can be removed, but we can worry about that later or if you want to put them into the uh the say mm hmm log yep, you can keep sail log Yeah. Yeah, I'm already getting a text from my guy. He said he'd hire me.
Speaker 2: You're in. Don't please don't say this person's name. No, oh, don't and I don't want their business to be destroyed. Just don't don't say who's even remotely interested? That's not good. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now that you hawks here, you want to make an offer?
Speaker 5: Ben, so far, I feel like I'm going to sign on the dotted line right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't even know how many bedrooms, bathrooms square footage.
Speaker 2: Five bedrooms square footage? Four bedrooms online? Yeah, well I made a new one square footage.
Speaker 4: Square footage is the footage of the home that does not include the garage.
Speaker 2: But what is that? But I don't understand what a square foot is? What is that?
Speaker 4: Well, sir, I'm speaking with mister Lieber. Now you're gonna have to email my assistant.
Speaker 2: But you know what, you know what square foot is, right, you're a realtor. But yeah, it's three times three square feet? You respect him? Sorry?
Speaker 4: I wait, how do you know he's the wife of this Look at him.
Speaker 2: I don't know what we're not taking.
Speaker 4: I know how how much square footage is in this home, but I don't what does it mean? What does it mean? It means the one square foot? Isn't that three by three?
Speaker 2: Three? Three? What? Three? What by what isn't that three feet by three feet here, Dad, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Hey, your wife sucks, man, get she puts out that's all I have around.
Speaker 2: You can tell that's why he walks. Can you explain to my husband over here? What escrow is?
Speaker 4: Escrow is money that I will need to know you're serious about this house. So if you but that's what you do, you put you put money in escrow so that the buyer, my my other client, because.
Speaker 3: He's ash offer, then ask him if to house is haunted?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Are there any spirits here that I should know about? My good? Now I have to disclose that I already asked for disclosures.
Speaker 5: Why are you withholding disclosures when I asked for.
Speaker 4: I'm not I was gonna wait till the end. There are ghosts in this home. They bang in the hallways on Tuesday afternoons.
Speaker 2: So there's more than one. There's two of them. There's two of them. Yeah, And what's their story? What's their history? It's Robin Williams and Nathan Lane from the Brick Cage. Oh, Nathan Lane still alive? And how the Lane? There is a Nathan Lane in Plymouth by the way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's I know that right. Actually, yeah, road. Yeah, wow, I'm impressed.
Speaker 2: How many acres is this house on? One and a half? Is that three feet by three feet? Yes, sir? Your wife to her to go back in the car. And what's the likelihood of me?
Speaker 5: What's the likelihood of me being the driveway club with this new home?
Speaker 2: Zero? Zero? Oh? Yes? Wow? How many?
Speaker 5: How many cars can I fit in this garage here?
Speaker 2: Well? You could? What three? You can fit three?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 3: Ask him if there are any busty neighbors.
Speaker 5: You said the neighbors were lovely.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 5: Do you have any details on the neighbors themselves, particularly the girls?
Speaker 2: The women?
Speaker 6: Do they have big boobs? Have two wives? Is that freaking? Don't worry about him. I'm a love lawyers the mean as a lawyer too. I have an advisor and I have a lawyer. That's my lawyer speaking.
Speaker 4: It's a very all ladies neighborhood. You would be the first man to move on.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: They do beach beach volleyball Saturdays and Sundays.
Speaker 2: Thank god, not Tuesday afternoons. That's when they got Yeah. What what's the difference between.
Speaker 4: A title and a deed? A title is something that you would get. A deed it's when you own the home.
Speaker 2: The title you get titles, Yeah, you get it, Well, you get it when you get a deed.
Speaker 4: No, when you when you finally buy the home. Indeed, that ghost over there is weird. Yeah, keep quizzing me as a Minnesota sports fan. What's the title?
Speaker 2: Well said, who's this guy? How lovers of Ben? You can sell big enough? Ben is a husband. Now he's now moving.
Speaker 3: Into the neighbors.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's peeking over the hedges.
Speaker 3: You what man should.
Speaker 2: Oh it's hard sauce. Yes, sir, this is a dangerous question. What do you believe one of your biggest flaws is mine? My patience, my lack of patience close, yep, what else? My lack of air? Attention to detail, attention to attention to detail. Do you believe the job of you know, buying and selling houses is something that you would probably have to really really pay attention to the details, especially when it comes to closing deals and making sure everything's lined up. Probably, yeah, you know what, don't rain up? So too? Yeah, but Mike, I think so too. I think there would be a lot of attention, I think, but yeah, there is a lot.
Speaker 4: But I think like my charm and I you know, we can laugh our way through me screwing up on a lot of the documents.
Speaker 3: Laughing about Yeah, I heard to laugh about you selling the same house to three people. He's kind of dream though, guys. He dreams of selling sexually haunted houses.
Speaker 2: And when we screw up, I'll just say that was a test. You failed reprint the document. Do you think the law is going to be okay with that? My dad mighty theme? Am I start selling home? So he'll help me out getting Yeah, it's all right. You can't just scream rosy when something goes wrong. I can't be the only one that is listening. That is floor that Sauce thinks his square foot is three feet by three feet. I don't know feet. You're right, he said, you're right, He said, three by three? What is it? What do you think it is? Relax? I just can't believe that you guessed three by three?
Speaker 4: Well, a square foot sure sounds like four because it's a square, four sides to a square.
Speaker 2: The educational system in this country is in an absolute embarrassment.
Speaker 3: How are the schools near to this house?
Speaker 2: My god, like four so far? Sorry? How many square feet does this place have? Four.
Speaker 4: Sorry, I spared yours scirl money and went to t I but hey, that was a test.
Speaker 2: I failed. We'll move on. I get to see like somebody going, did our really just say three feet by three feet? Kids? Charming though? Yeah, soul really charming. He's funny, can't do math, can shake a hand like it's nobody's business, though, He's a charming individual. Up for that check at the end of it. Three by three, support your dream, Thank you for the big laugh.
Speaker 5: Can you imagine, though, somebody do the math on the square footage of hits three feet by three feet.
Speaker 2: Nine instead of just oh boy, was it nine?
Speaker 5: No, I'm just saying no, I'm saying, in your in your scenario.
Speaker 4: I do know this because I've run into this problem before. Square footage of a home does not include the square footage of the garage.
Speaker 2: That's great, I'm glad. I'm glad that you ware do you go? Yeah, you passed.
Speaker 1: I just love the idea of being like three hours into paperwork with Sauce and he screwed something up and then everybody just having a big laugh about it.
Speaker 2: Sauce, Sauce, imagine a square and yes, you are correct. Four sides. What do you believe the length of each side of that square is in a square foot? One foot? We got there, ben, Oh look at them? So okay, just stop now. Three by three that's the title of the podcast. Three by three, Uh headlines next betlever all the way until nine o'clock. This is the Power trom Money John A. Van. It happens only once a year and.
Speaker 1: Lost in the Power Trip at Treasure Island Tonight and tomorrow morning. The guys will be here for two shows full of games, tons of laughs and great prizes, playing trips to Las Vegas to give away. Book your stay and save twenty percent with promo code KFA N plus.
Speaker 2: We'll have a special announcement tomorrow.
Speaker 1: You will not want to miss all the details at KFA in dot com keyword calendar Join us.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a blast. Ladies and gentlemen. That'll be tomorrow, Ladies and gentlemen. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, we have a big announcement tomorrow. Oh oh okay, what is it? Uh? Stuff to come?
Speaker 3: You know down the road you're moving into real estate.
Speaker 2: I already got an offer, did you really? Yeah?
Speaker 3: On on the home you were trying to sell.
Speaker 4: Uh, they try to hire person would give me a job?
Speaker 3: Well, I think you should take it.
Speaker 2: Well, when I get fired, probably the next six months, I'll do it. That's a great point. Why was I so down on him trying to You should have built him up? You missed me? Yeah, well tonight at Treasure Island.
Speaker 3: Hey ban?
Speaker 2: Yeah. Point.
Speaker 3: Remember I played the song for you on the bus a million years ago. It comes out finally tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now, excite excite?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Okay, where can I find it tomorrow?
Speaker 3: Everywhere? Anywhere, everywhere and everywhere. Yep, yep, excite excite.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm so proud of you, man.
Speaker 3: I'm excited. I'm excited about this too. It is time for us to uh do headlines.
Speaker 2: Now, it's time for headlines. All right, This one brought to you by All Around. By the way, thanks to all around, all around around. Before we look this up, let's try to guess what we think this is. I think I know because if it's as surfacey as it sounds, it sounds like a euphemism, but it's not. But apparently a new trend is man cereal man cereal? What does that mean? Before we look it up, I haven't looked it up yet. I'm going to assume it's like cereal that's specifically like maybe protein, yeah, like creatine and protein, like stuff that like dudes would need, maybe even slightly more than an average female. Right, I don't know. I'm not saying you're putting testosterone in cereal. I don't need you know, Captain crunch all bricked up, but you know it just comes down but you can't. Yeah, yeah, just like a rock. Are we going to guess that that's that's what this is? Though? Is that cereal that is nutritionally catered towards men? I guess all right, somebody look it up. Let's see what else could it be if it's something gross? And what am I doing here? Should I look at Urban Dictionary to see what man cereal? Is that? Um? Man cereal? Yeah? Protein? Okay, yeah, high protein cereal with creatine.
Speaker 4: Sorry we nailed asking for Tommy. Yeah, just called They just named it man cereal.
Speaker 2: Well right on the right on the box, by the way, it just says man cereal creating high protein keto zero sugar.
Speaker 3: Right where Now.
Speaker 2: I looked up the Urban Dictionary.
Speaker 5: That's a little different, and you're in anything that you can suggest M two men.
Speaker 2: Never mind, all right, enough, you try it six boxes of it.
Speaker 4: Let's say you bought a six pack of it, which I guess would be six boxes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you're trying to get a six pack.
Speaker 4: How much do you think it would cost? M thirty five dollars a one time purchase eighty seven dollars for six packs of it? And this would be something ben you would probably eat. No, it wouldn't about the maltimeal version. I don't do much cereal. I love Cereal.
Speaker 3: I do love me some cereal, but I can anymore.
Speaker 2: It's just yeah, I love cereal.
Speaker 3: Like even like pop tarts have have protein.
Speaker 2: Polls, man, pop tarts are the best best. Yeah, they are good brown sugar.
Speaker 3: But I always say to myself, it makes it so good. Think you make sugar when I have the protein? Uh, pop tarts? I wonder to myself how much proteins in this? For real?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean taste the same.
Speaker 5: Though, And again, where's the sourcing of the Where's what's the source of the protein they have?
Speaker 2: Man tarts?
Speaker 5: Whoa's yeah, a new topic, sa, says man tots.
Speaker 2: Well, you can find yourself a new real estate agent. It's fine, already bought the house. I don't need a new house for a while.
Speaker 3: We're all gathering on Tuesday.
Speaker 5: You did such a good job selling me that first house, ma'am.
Speaker 2: Zach the internet suggesting that if you want a man pop tart just to eat a twinkie. Uh, this one is nuts. I don't know if this is guessable, but I want you to try. Police arrested a man in Connecticut on d u I and drug charges. Hear him out during the traffic stop. Man, I get I don't think this is gussable, but I always like doing this just to see how close you guys get and see how long it takes you to get there. During the traffic stop, they found a homemade blank. Again, let's just start with I just said, I don't think this is guessable. So if you say, like you know, sex doll, sure, yeah, yeah, that's kind of odd. Mark Hamlin's mom, No, nothing to do with Mark Hamill. This is twenty twenty six, and he had a homemade blank in his car during a traffic stab.
Speaker 4: A queasant art he printed toilet not bad, not bad, because that makes no sense.
Speaker 2: That's a good guess. It would make no sense to have a homemade toilet. Yeah, but it's even more obscure than that. Though. Let me get let me this is the one hint that I'll give you. It doesn't make any sense for twenty twenty six. It's just this is a typewriter, DVD player, go further back, teletype machine, telegraph, Uh, nothing to do with communication, a loom like the bird.
Speaker 5: He had a cotton gin No uh, pirate ship, pirate ship actually hand on Actually you know what?
Speaker 2: That is the closest guess yet pirates ship.
Speaker 1: Oh, a sword, a hook, captain captain head leg bandana.
Speaker 2: You keep going, You guys are surprisingly close cross clock in its mouth. The Lost Boys a wench. Stay on the ship though, keep going? Uh the thing you walk? People are screaming at their radios. Cannon. Ben got it? He had a homemade cannon in his car. Why not if you can make it? What what cannon? Yeah? Sounds super fun. It's like a potato gun. I want to know what that looks like a cannon? Well, we can look it up, you know. I wonder I wonder if it is a potato gun esque technology, because it's like hype that he had. But did he actually have a quote cannon ball that was he going to actually shoot something that was the modern equivalent. It's what Ben says. It looks exactly like a potato gun, but what was he going to fire out of it? They also found drug paraphernalia.
Speaker 5: You guys, ever shot a potato gun? I had, folks, super fun.
Speaker 2: I used to shoot it at my friend Ben Post's house. Ben had one, and we shoot it into the lake because his part of the lake did not have almost anybody on it. Almost every shoot it in the middle of the lake. We weren't super fun. We weren't super smart.
Speaker 5: Growing up in high school, we were shooting it in the middle of the town, like right in the parking lot. And one of my buddies was trying to hit a company's sign that was like two blocks of way.
Speaker 2: Damn near got it too. Potato guns are fun. Yeah, they're sweet, Yeah, super fun. We should make one. Don't drive around high and I'm drunk. A woman in Delaware just renewed her driver's license. Her name is Susan Young Brown. She exercises regularly. She maintains a daily routine, tries to stay as healthy as possible. She just got a driver's license, but she's in the news four How old is she? Seventeens?
Speaker 4: One hundred sixty nine.
Speaker 2: I guess in Delaware, when you renew your license, that license renews for seven years. So now she can drive until she's one hundred and fifteen. Oh, because she's on eight Wow, pull your hands up.
Speaker 4: The lady in Delaware who just got her license? Would hawk susan young brown? Ye?
Speaker 2: Onder, ask a question?
Speaker 3: Can she drive a stick?
Speaker 2: Your MIC's on?
Speaker 3: That's a good question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is a good question. I don't care if she's the best one hundred and eight year old driver of all time. She has no business on the road. You're not zero, you're not wrong. Get her off the road her self driving car.
Speaker 5: You'll be really hot if you're driving down the road.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's go.
Speaker 2: And you see this gal.
Speaker 5: You see this guy from Delaware just eighteen wheelers CDL license at one hundred and eight years old.
Speaker 2: God, that be hot. And it's like ninety degrees out. So she's rocking like a tank top and a.
Speaker 5: Tank top yeah, yep, is blown in the wear full of tattoos.
Speaker 3: And by the way, she thinks she's in Delaware, but she's insane Louis Park.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no matter, No, you're right, don't matter, no matter.
Speaker 3: She took a wrong turn.
Speaker 5: Yeah, days ago, I mean no Delaware?
Speaker 2: Great, Hi, Hi, I mean Delaware. Somebody fact check this.
Speaker 3: Nah.
Speaker 2: Apparently, when Caesar's Palace first opened in Las Vegas in nineteen sixty six, cocktail waitresses at Caesar's Palace wore Greco Roman wigs like the wrestlers, and they would greet their guests by saying, welcome to Caesar's Palace. I am your slave. Jesus. Wow, somebody fact check that. No, thanks, I'm not typing that into the Internet. That computer scene multiple posts. Yeah, I mean it's on their Wikipedia page. That's insane. That's nineteen sixty six, not nineteen crazy eighty six. What were they doing? Wait? What are they not doing? Get you got to see a problem with that. Nineteen sixty six.
Speaker 3: Well, that's the way I have to greet my bosses when they call me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the way he greases or greases when we get you're gonna be selling my house? I don't think so.
Speaker 5: When we get done with the show and I lock down to Abbot's office, that's what I have to say to him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got to pull a shift a little bit later. Today I'm answering the phone, sert decas I have to answer I a radio. I'm your slave.
Speaker 2: You're you're eating some man cereal later. I can't wait. I have to do it. If you don't, if Dad tells you to do it, you're gonna do it to shovel that man cereal in. Think if you think of you just tuned in right now and you have no idea what we're hear ads in a week of Tommy doing Man's Cereal one hundred percent uh, one of the one of the box office hits the last couple of years. Man that I'm sure mister Z's thrilled about. Obsession. Yeah, cost seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars to make, according to the story, over sixty eight million in the last two weeks in theaters. It's just pretty money. And people say it's very good. But yeah, ridiculously low film. Yeah, low budget, and it's going through the roof. And that director.
Speaker 5: You guys talk about the director, have you guys talked about him before?
Speaker 2: Don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't think if I have the story right again, don't fact check me because we don't do anymore.
Speaker 2: I think that he was.
Speaker 5: Doing YouTube films and shorts like less than two years ago.
Speaker 2: Wow. He was just like a kid that just.
Speaker 5: Had a passion for filmmaking and he figured it out and he figured it out, and then he made this movie on his own and then a company saw it. I think he maybe won something somewhere and then then it got distribution from a big, big agency or a big production company. But yeah, he's like super young. This is making stuff on his own and now he's a big star.
Speaker 2: Anybody Again, I'm not a huge horror movie fan. That's why again, I'm even confused by my own loves this new show Widow's Bay because it's so good. Although I'll bring something up in a second that I thought was interesting because there were two episodes out yesterday. Anybody know the horror angle of this? What's the plot?
Speaker 3: I just read it if you want to know, all sure, So this guy is in love with his childhood friend and he wants her to be in love with him, so he gets a supernatural toy and makes a wish that she'd be in love with him, and she becomes obsesseded.
Speaker 2: Got it? So it's the whole don't. Yeah, right, it's like a it's like what was the movie Dazzled? But yeah, exactly. You don't always get exactly what you wish. What the hell?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's my favorite scene in one of any movie. I love it when he's a seven foot three basketball player and he looks down and he has no Johnson. It's the greatest film in film history.
Speaker 4: This young man, Curry Baker Barker Barker yep is doing the newest Texas chainsaw mass Yeah that's right.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, So no, that's cool.
Speaker 2: I might go see this.
Speaker 5: Did you guys want to hear something really fascinating?
Speaker 2: I love it. Heard yesterday first time in three hours. Continue, let's do let's do this.
Speaker 5: So, do you guys know the origination behind a voodoo doll? You know, I don't think so a voodoo doll? What we think is as a voodoo doll. Right now, go down to Nollins right now, and you and buy them all over Bourbon Street, right They're kind of fun to have. Right back in the day, the voodoo doll was not necessarily a voodoo doll. So the underprivileged in poor people, way way back in the day, when they went to the doctor. They didn't have any form of record keeping, so they would make mockups of what Corey you would look like, or sauce what you would look like.
Speaker 2: And if you came in.
Speaker 5: And say like, I've got a headache today and they're like, okay, cool, they would put a little pin in your head and say like, okay, the last time you're here, you came in because you had a headache or something was wrong with your head. They'd put that voodoo doll on the shelf. They would treat you for whatever your ailment was here, drink this elixir, do this, that and the other. If you came back a couple of weeks later and say, oh, well, what was the issue the last time I saw you? Instead of trying to remember everybody all the patient stuff, they just pull your voodoo doll your off the.
Speaker 2: Shelf and say like, oh, the last time you were here you had a head issue. What was that? Did you resolve it? Cool? Great?
Speaker 5: Now my bum hurts cool and let me put a pin in your bum, and then they would treat your bum and put you back on the show.
Speaker 2: A voodoo doll is the original, my charge, that's really correct.
Speaker 3: What a cool thing.
Speaker 2: Wow, I did not know that. Well. Can you imagine the size of the head of sauceage voodoo doll? Massive?
Speaker 4: Yeah, can you imagine how many pins Hockey's voodoo doll would happen? It's crotched as the omens eight times crowned.
Speaker 2: It's like upside down, hell razor, what is it now? With your head and flip it upside down? I was in a band in the eighties.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, boy, can't even put it on the shelf because it doesn't sit them.
Speaker 2: That's bottom heavy, Chris said on a porcupine. So Widow's bab We talk about this all the time with shows that like everyone loves it, man, dude, it's so freaking good. And again here's more proof. Again, I don't like horror movies. I don't like scary stuff. The supernatural stuff I roll all the time, right we I've said this with The Boys and other shows, like when the show is so good or it's cool or it's smart, you can you can let yourself go all right, So much of this is so good that I can like suspend disbelief because I trust the people that are making the show. It's not stupid. They do something in episode seven that a lesser show, i'd be like, I'm out, this is so dumb. This is so dumb. And even there was a part of me during episode seven that I watched yesterday and I'm like, are they really gonna do this? And then they do it and I'm like I'm gonna hate this, and you liked it, and then fifteen minutes later, I'm like, this is still pretty compelling. I should hate Why don't I hate this? It's so good. It's so freaking good.
Speaker 3: The mayor of a New England town is so good to turn it into the next tourist hotspot despite local warnings that it's cursed. It can't believe you even watch the show?
Speaker 2: Yeah, same, because there again, it's like mister Z talks about with rotten tomatoes. There are a couple of people online who I trust their opinion. They were like, this show is freaking awesome, and I'm like, really, you know, I love Matt Reese so much from the Americans, I'm like, I'm gonna give it a chance.
Speaker 3: So glad incredibly odd career is Stephen.
Speaker 2: Root Yep, and he's awesome in this show. Awesome Stephen. I look at the face type in Steve r o O T.
Speaker 3: And you'll know because radio.
Speaker 2: A million different things. Yeah, yeah, he's great.
Speaker 3: Different and it's a different role in everything, you know what I mean, Like it's weird.
Speaker 2: Like so he's his role in this one is he's the one that's screaming at Matt Reese like this island is cursed, We're all gonna die, Like you're gonna screw this up, that guy. And at first Matt Reese is in denial, like what you're talking about there's no ghosts, we're not cursed and this and and Stephen Rood is screaming at him like you're gonna blow this whole thing. You're a loser, you're a disaster, You're not a good leader. It's man, it's one of the best shows in the last couple of years.
Speaker 5: It's hard not to see him asking for his stapler.
Speaker 2: I know. Oh yeah, that's it, yeah, right right right there.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: And if you guys watch it when you get to episode seven, you're going to see the moment where you're like where you would think I normally would jump off the ship. No pun intended in this episode, but it normally I would have and I did hesitate to roll my eyes. I'm like, oh boy, this is this is the point of no return. This either works or it's over. And it worked. Wow, I'm gonna have to watch really good because you don't like scary stuff though either I do not know from episode one. Yeah, okay, good. Yeah. The only thing about episode one is it's a little bit it's almost like Parks and Wreck. They start off very like they're going for really dry humor as the tension kind of builds, and then by the end of episode one, you're like, oh man, what is going on in this freaking town? So it's a like a forty five minute episode, and by the end of episode one it starts to unravel where the island is is pretty aft. Man, it's really really well done. I'm down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you haven't started a rooster yet, watch it, Ben, You'll love it. And that anybody watch My Mom Jane yet?
Speaker 2: No, not yet? Son of a Bitch?
Speaker 3: Is it could great docu My New Neighbor about Jane Mansfield.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's dude, trust me, I know what I just said.
Speaker 3: Sounds like you wouldn't be interested in It's a top five documentary I've ever seen. Riska hardiga yesterday so great and it's so incredibly interesting? Can I can I take over a thing? M hmm, somebody sent me this article. I appreciate it. Talk about a dream job. This AI startup will pay you two thousand dollars a month to test its intimacy feature. Joy Joi, which offers a large catalog of chatbots, many of them scantily clad women, is testing a daily guided retrosion feature. Sure, and they're asking people to try it guided guided. Let me find out.
Speaker 2: A subscription? Well played, Chris, Yes, Chris, I'll just google it quickly and look up what that means.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't it be great if fighting and use it as a write off?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Chris Hockey here, how many times did you write off yesterday?
Speaker 3: A company that offers sexy chat pots uh is hiring what they're calling consultants to help it develop a self pleasuring feature. The job post comes from j o I, which hosts a large catalog many of these can Last week they started announced it's recruiting ten Only ten people. You get paid two thousand dollars a month four week well being study goals to help the startup test aid doing feature and document the effects on stress, sleeping mood. So they're going to have you and see how it makes happy. I'm gonna tell you, first of all, for about five minutes, I don't have to use it. I can just tell you this is what's gonna happen. Yeah, I'm all right.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of research about this, but go ahead.
Speaker 3: I'm going to tell you this is what's gonna happen. I'm gonna really enjoy it, and then as soon as i'm done, I'm going to be really embarrassed and hate myself for about three minutes, and then about five minutes later I'll be ready to do it again.
Speaker 4: Yep, oh, yep, may be glad, correct, I'll be glad he paid for the subscription research done.
Speaker 2: Why the hell are you so sad? As we are on the brink of celebrating the twenty fifth anniversary of The Power to Morning Show, do you guys remember a time we ended the show with a true superstar of the day. Yes, it would be fallen soldier, maybe a firefighter or a police officer. Yeah, yeah, today, Thursday, May twenty six, that's how we have the show. Yep. We've come a long way, baby, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm doing research.
Speaker 2: He's doing research. Y, I'm for you. I want what that means? The whole guided thing. Why don't you look that up.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna say I'm a hero, but you guys can say it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's see here one of us. Here's a long wait.
Speaker 3: One more thing I can I got there? Uh, finish up? Feel disgusted by myself? Clear my browser?
Speaker 2: What are you called the Zamboni technique? Okay, here's the bad thing.
Speaker 5: I was going to try to end the show and wish somebody very special in my life happy birthday.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna do that. I can't do it. I can't. I can't do it. How do we do a palate cleanser so we can? Like, that's not gonna do it. I'll just have to wait.
Speaker 5: Whatever you are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love you. I mean you no, yea, yeah, there's no transition specific reason to boy. So then no happy birthdays today, no happy birthday if you want to hear, probably three to four thirty. You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: You know it's gonna be a happy ending, a.
Speaker 2: Happy ending. Power trip Morning Show Tonight at Treasure Island, seventy nine trips to Vegas on the Line, tonight and then tomorrow morning, and again, don't forget you can swing by. It's Freedom tonight and tomorrow morning five point thirty to nine. Tomorrow the first initials major of the year. Don't forget. One of you gets to play as well, and we give away another trip to Vegas. That's tonight and tomorrow at Treasure Island. Everybody have a good day.
Speaker 3: See I know I don't have to.
Speaker 2: Hey, we can have sixty s early ned spring. She got a grea big cold life and you can't.
Speaker 3: Wait to try you see the men of go mom about in.
Speaker 2: My world were gonna not your sow dance spot.
Speaker 3: Can't just go hard
Speaker 2: From the one eight hundred ask Gary Traffic