Speaker 1: All right, Mojo and the Morning Show.
Speaker 2: So we just recently went to a wedding and Chelsea and I were on the dance floor the entire night.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's so fun.
Speaker 1: I love that. Actually, not for Chelsea. It wasn't fun.
Speaker 2: So you guys know that my son Joe is getting married. So Joe from the Joe Show is getting married. And Chelsea and I went to this wedding with Jacob and his boyfriend Chris and It was for Kara and Fiona.
Speaker 1: I talked about this on the air.
Speaker 2: And while we were at the wedding, they played, like, the best music. First off, you know what every 25, because Jacob is 27 or 28, every 28 to, like, or 25 to, like, maybe 30-year-old likes to listen to?
Speaker 4: Drake.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: They all want to listen to the music that their parents listened to. Like they were all, they, they were dancing to Stevie wonder. They were dancing to Bon Jovi. Like they were dancing to stuff like that. So the whole night, every single song was a good song. It was actually pretty cool. Actually the most current song was at midnight. They played Zara Larson, which I thought was appropriate. Midnight song, which made me kind of actually at that moment go, Oh, this is actually song is not bad. Um, so we're Chelsea and I are dancing. And at one point, and you can call Chelsea, by the way, if you want to for this one, cause I'd like to get her perspective on this. Um, Chelsea at one point leaned into me and she goes before Joe's wedding, you have got to take dance lessons. And I said to her, I go, are you serious? And she goes, yeah. And she says, you are you, all you do is you do your mojo dance. Like you basically go back and forth and move your arms a little bit.
Speaker 1: And it's, it's horrible.
Speaker 2: And I, Thought to myself, I'm like going, I don't know anybody that's ever taken dance lessons other than that Fred, what's the place called?
Speaker 3: Well, there's Arthur Murray.
Speaker 1: Arthur Murray. Arthur Murray. Yeah.
Speaker 3: That place is packed all the time.
Speaker 1: How old are the people that are taking dance lessons?
Speaker 3: If I'm stopped at that light right there, no.
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 6: Because I think that they're, I mean, yeah, some of the people are older. Actually, my mom is taking classes right now, but you also see a lot of, um, like younger people probably who are getting married.
Speaker 2: They're not doing those dance lessons of dancing. Like we're going to do though.
Speaker 1: Right. What kind of dance?
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Cause they want to learn how to dance for their first dance.
Speaker 2: Like I want to be like, there was first off, you see the, like the people that are on a dance floor and they're dancing. There was one guy that was there. He was, I'm guessing he's got to be like 55 or something. He was dancing like, the whole night and every one of the younger people were like surrounding him because he was such a good dancer.
Speaker 1: It's too old.
Speaker 7: People who be at all the parties that I've been to. I don't go out a lot, but they be at everything. And they like, they dance and they look nice.
Speaker 1: But it's organized. It's like tango or like ballroom. Like, are you trying to learn? No, I don't want that. That type of stuff? No, popular music dancing.
Speaker 3: Okay, I've got a great instructor for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Sarah from the Drop Everything and Dance Studio in Chesterfield, I think is where it is.
Speaker 3: She's the one that helped me learn tango. the dance for, um, the lip sync. She's, um, she is amazing.
Speaker 1: Can I say something though, without offending? What? I've seen you dance. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And guess what?
Speaker 1: And guess what?
Speaker 2: You did a great job with that organized dance, but you're kind of a little Elaine from Seinfeld.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Pot calling the kettle.
Speaker 2: I understand, but I'm saying, did she teach you any more rhythm that stayed with you?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Really? I mean, I, cause every couple has the good dancer.
Speaker 3: Wes is an insane dancer.
Speaker 2: Every couple. Chelsea's a great dancer. Every couple has the great dancer. And then the Elaine from Seinfeld or the, The bad dancer. If you've never seen Elaine from Seinfeld dance, Google Elaine from Seinfeld dancing and watch how she dances.
Speaker 1: What kind of things are they doing to be a good dancer? Because I don't know the last time I was just like on a dance floor.
Speaker 6: I think some people just have rhythm and some people don't. I don't naturally have rhythm. So they're just moving to the beat.
Speaker 1: Hold on. Chelsea. Chelsea, was I really that bad?
Speaker 4: Well, I think the problem, yes.
Speaker 3: But I think the problem is.
Speaker 4: That Someone commented one time, oh, my gosh, this is how you dance. And when you get attention for anything, it gets exemplified a million. So you just immediately think that this is what I have to do, push my arms out in front of you, and it's weird.
Speaker 1: The problem, though, is you won't let me grind on you. Like, I want to grind on you.
Speaker 4: That's not dancing. That is not dancing. Did you notice when that... Guy came and grabbed me and danced with me. He was not grinding on me. He was just taking me out there and dancing on the dance floor.
Speaker 2: Well, he knew that if he grinded on you that I would kill him or something, you know?
Speaker 1: Don't take my wife to the dance floor. I highly doubt it.
Speaker 5: I don't like that.
Speaker 4: He was afraid of you.
Speaker 1: But it was... How do you dance, Kevin? Kevin, you know how to dance. Every black guy knows how to dance.
Speaker 7: We're born with rhythm. I don't know what to tell you. It's not something you have to actively learn. You're just born with it.
Speaker 2: Are there any guys or girls that are black that don't know how to dance?
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 3: I don't believe it.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you, they sit down. They're not on the floor. They are here. They sit down playing cards.
Speaker 2: They did the Cupid shuffle or whatever it was. They did the line dancing thing. When Chelsea does it, it turns me on, but I can't do it. What's your favorite part? I like when she bends over.
Speaker 1: I like that. Get low. I don't know. Hold on a second. Jen wants to make... Jen, what's going on?
Speaker 6: Mojo....
Speaker 5: Kelsey is so right.
Speaker 4: I've seen you dance at a daddy-daughter dance, and you're like the stereotypical when Harry met Sally doing that white man's overbite.
Speaker 1: Oh, come on. Come on. Is it that bad, Jen? Yes.
Speaker 7: You know what?
Speaker 1: Don't feel bad, though.
Speaker 4: I'm just as bad, but I see.
Speaker 5: We notice others that are like us.
Speaker 1: I don't know if your legs move. They don't. It's all upper body.
Speaker 5: He marches. Yeah.
Speaker 1: He marches his way. He marches his.
Speaker 4: Way and then, like, puts his, bends his elbows, bites his lip, and then, like.
Speaker 3: Your eyes get really big. Punch. Make your eyes like buggy.
Speaker 1: But you don't think that... But then that's.
Speaker 4: How he slow dances, too. Like, he'll pull you in, and he marches. I'm like, stop marching.
Speaker 1: Just slow.
Speaker 4: And I'm trying to count. I'm like, one, two... And they go to the left. And then he gets in his own head and we're marching again. It's like, I don't want to march. We are not in the military.
Speaker 2: All right, so why don't we do this then? If I take dance lessons, would you take them with me? Because I'm going to need a partner.
Speaker 4: I've got plenty of partners coming up.
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me? Come on.
Speaker 4: I will take dancing lessons with you if you're open to it to learn. I think we're going to get back into the marching.
Speaker 2: But I want to take popular music dancing or hip-hop dancing or whatever.
Speaker 1: Here we go. I don't want to take ballroom dancing.
Speaker 7: You don't need to take a hip-hop dance class.
Speaker 4: It's not ballroom. We're not ballroom dancing. It's just about deprogramming the march.
Speaker 1: Jamie, what's going on?
Speaker 5: Mojo, listen, it is a wedding, not a freak-off.
Speaker 1: You don't need to grind on Chelsea.
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 4: Poor Chelsea.
Speaker 1: There's nothing wrong with it. I'm just trying, seriously. What's up, Fred?
Speaker 4: Hi.
Speaker 1: Good, Fred. What's going on? Not much, but yeah, I'm that black guy. No rhythm, but I'm on that dance floor.
Speaker 6: Stop it.
Speaker 3: I don't believe it.
Speaker 1: Wait a second. Really?
Speaker 5: I swear, until I see somebody on the dance floor killing me, that's.
Speaker 1: When I leave off the floor.
Speaker 5: Until then, I'm supermanning and everything.
Speaker 1: Supermanning.
Speaker 2: Do they look at you and think you're just putting them on like that? Oh, this guy's just playing with us.
Speaker 5: I used to see me at the tin roof all week.
Speaker 4: They love me.
Speaker 1: They love you. That is great. Brad, what's up, Brad?
Speaker 5: Hi.
Speaker 1: Yo, what up, Mojo? What's good? Nothing much, man. What's going on?
Speaker 5: So I've been with my wife for 16 years, and she is a woman of color, but I can probably say she is a strong black woman. And her mother-in-law, we go to family, they're all from Virginia, Powhatan, Virginia. So we visit out there, we go to family reunions, and... her mom is like 68 years old out there doing jello shots and she's twerking on.
Speaker 1: The dance floor. That's awesome.
Speaker 5: You have all the, you got all the cousins there. They're like seven, eight, nine, 10 years old. And they're like, Chelsea, are you nervous?
Speaker 2: When I asked Chelsea a quick question about dancing at Joe's wedding, are you nervous for your mother son dance that you're going to be doing?
Speaker 4: No, I'm afraid I'll cry, but I'm not nervous.
Speaker 3: Do you guys know what song you're doing yet?
Speaker 4: No, we haven't really talked about that.
Speaker 7: Is that something you guys have to rehearse? Or is it just like.
Speaker 4: I think he's a good little slow dancer, so I don't think we'll have to rehearse it. I think he loves the Morgan Wallen. I think it's called Hey Mama.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay. All right. What song do I get to dance to? I don't know. You don't.
Speaker 4: This is not about you. It is our son's wedding.
Speaker 1: But I am doing a toast, like... Fionn's dad did.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm doing a 15-minute toast.
Speaker 4: The father of the groom does not do a toast.
Speaker 1: All right, so here's the deal.
Speaker 2: If you are a dance instructor or if Shannon's friend is listening again, I need to take dance lessons before this wedding.
Speaker 1: So I'm going to come in and I'll take dance lessons.
Speaker 3: It probably will.
Speaker 6: Help, only to give you an idea of other moves that you can do. Even if you're not good at them, at least you got some options.
Speaker 1: What if I.
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 4: Well, otherwise, when you dance with him, it's like you look like you're training for a boxing match. When his arm goes out, you have to duck.
Speaker 1: Like, you're ducking his way.
Speaker 2: Chelsea, what if I get so into dancing that I think that that's my new hobby? Like how golf was for me? Like, all of a sudden, I'm like, let's go dancing this weekend. Would we do that?
Speaker 4: Well, I can't promise I'm going to go every weekend, but I say go for it.
Speaker 1: All right. Watch out. Where do you dance, actually, in town?
Speaker 4: Back out, buddy.
Speaker 2: Where do I go? Do they dance at 220? Or where do they dance at? The streets.
Speaker 1: They're dancing in the streets. Dancing in the streets. All right. I'll talk to you later. I love you.
Speaker 3: Dancing in the streets.
Speaker 7: Down in New Orleans.