Speaker 1: And let's get into Jenny's been on Reddit.
Speaker 2: Oh, Jenny's been on Reddit.
Speaker 3: There's something that's become like this global movement that might be an exaggeration, but it's not, because I've seen it quite a bit on social media called the Wednesday Waffle. And what it is is basically, this group of guys they all started living in different cities after college and stuff, but they wanted to keep their friendship alive, so they started listening. They all really liked music, so they started listening to music, and then they would like get together once a week and like review the album, kind of like a book club or anything. Okay, but then that became a little two time consuming, or their schedules wouldn't match up to get on like zoom together or whatever they're using, and so it started to sort of fall apart. But one day one of the guys sent like a two minute voice note to the group chat, just like telling them on an update of how his week was, and the other guys loved it and so, and he didn't like do it to be like send me one back, but they all started sending one back themselves. So every Wednesday they started doing what they call the Wednesday Waffle where they send a two minute voice memo, which you can do it at.
Speaker 4: Your own leisure time, listen when you want.
Speaker 3: And it was like the way to keep their friendship alive. And this group of like I don't know, four dudes or something, and they're all still so tight cut because they're able to catch up every week. And I just thought it was so interesting because I feel like everyone just gets so busy in life and your friendships kind of fall apart. Like I have friends that I'm so close with and I see them like twice a year. Yeah, and I'm like, I feel like I should start doing this right. And so it has the technical name called Wednesday Waffle. But I've seen like news like I think Good Morning America covered it and like all those other stories, and so I saw it and I just wanted to share it because I think, like we're always trying to stay connected, and I think only on social media connecting with people is like not true connection, you know, And so something like this in your group chat, it's easy. You record yourself for two minutes, you send it your way, and then you get an update.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna throw a little caveat because I do Marco Polo and a lot of friends and I we stay in touch that way. It's kind of like a video is the same thing, but it's a video message. But I think sometimes they get too long. So that's a great idea. Two minutes is a perfect time. But if you're going to go a lot longer than everybody else in the group's gonna be like, oh.
Speaker 2: God, Dave again eight minutes.
Speaker 4: So does show when you open a Marco Polo?
Speaker 2: Tells you how Yeah, tells you how long?
Speaker 3: It's that you're like, you know, But then like, does it show the other person that you opened it and heard it or does it show that you exited a four minutes?
Speaker 1: No, it doesn't show, only shows that you watched it. I don't think it shows whether you and I've done that before. I've got like a friend of mine in Ohio used to date her years ago, and we have kids that are the same age. I haven't seen her in thirty years, but she will leave a Marco Polo and it'll go on for twelve or fifteen minutes, and it's like I don't care about your trip down to Chippy Lube.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, I don't care about our past on that one. Yeah. So yeah, that's a cool idea. It moderately short.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because feel the same way where I'll be like, you know, going about my day and You'll be like, wow, I haven't talked to Sarah Colly in a minute.
Speaker 6: I wonder how she is.
Speaker 5: I don't know. But like like you said, we get so busy where it doesn't even occur to me because I'm with all these other different people or you know, worried about whatever, this, that and the other thing, and I'm like, gosh, I haven't heard from Nick in a minute. I wonder if he's okay. It'd be nice to like have a little two minute waffle time, a little ritual Weeklyah.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 1: Thank you Jenny Kid for a motivational Monday on KDWB. This is I like this one. It is something that I've talked about before. It is an underrated life cheat code.
Speaker 2: Are you ready? I'm ready underrated life cheat code?
Speaker 1: And I know that as I say, some people, maybe you will be like, oh yeah, I really like that one, and other people will one hundred percent ignore it and never do it. Here we go underrated Life cheat code. Being early to everything. It creates breathing room, reduces stress, and makes you look like you have your life together. Rushed people make mistakes. Early, people make impressions. Five minutes early is on time. On time is late. Lateness is disrespect wrapped in excuses. Show up early and watch opportunities multiply. Now you might say, nah, you know what, I'm not gonna show.
Speaker 2: Up when I want to.
Speaker 1: Well, that's fine, but I think it shows your attitude towards the people that you are showing up late four like they're not very important to you. So I'll read it to you again. Being early to everything, it creates breathing room, reduces stress, and makes you look like you have your life together. Rushed people make mistakes. Early, people make impressions. Five minutes early is on time. On time is late. Lateness is disrespect wrapped in excuses. Show up early and watch opportunity multiply. It's kind of like my book, take a shower, show up on time, and don't steal anything.
Speaker 5: I hope that I could one day be on time for everything and maybe be early for everything.
Speaker 2: You're pretty much on time.
Speaker 5: I'm like on time, Like I walk in the exact moment that I need to be there.
Speaker 2: I'm here. You and I walk in at about the same time, the.
Speaker 5: Exact time that we need to be here in order to turn on the microphone. But yeah, I know I should be like earlier for everything, But I just I don't know. There's something inside of me. Even if I woke up twenty minutes sooner than usual, I would still walk in the exact time that I need to be.
Speaker 3: There's something for that. It's called like time blindness or something. Because we did this on the show once where the somebody's friend was late all the time, and then people text it in and they're like, I have that where like it's like from the same think that, like you're going to be on.
Speaker 4: Time and suddenly you're not.
Speaker 1: You're like, oh crap, it's so hard when somebody you know, everybody's late once in a while. I said that for everybody's late. Once in a while, your alarm didn't go off or you didn't need lost track of time or whatever. But there are people who And I used to work with the guy here was the best heart of all time. He was late for everything everything, And when I hired him, I said, I cannot have you be late you're late for everything. Oh no, I promise I will never be late. Most days he was at least forty five minutes late late to the show start, to the show starting, and we would call his house and his phone would just back in the days of landlines, and his phone would ring and ring and ring, and then he would come staggering and with his hair all askew and his shirt on backwards.
Speaker 2: And then finally we just said we can't.
Speaker 5: Maybe he's like one of those people that dies a little bit every time they sleep, you know, So that's like waking up is like waking the dead.
Speaker 6: Isn't that a thing?
Speaker 2: I could know that, you know what.
Speaker 1: He had three or four alarm clocks in his room, but even something at four o'clock in the afternoon he would be late to.
Speaker 2: And it wasn't because of sleeping.
Speaker 6: He had a job for as long as he did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, And if you listen to the show, you might know who that is. And I'm not going to disparage this guy. He was a wonderful, wonderful person, but just could not be on time. It is one on one point three kd WB play a little think fast in a second right now? From K pop Demon Hunters. It's hun Tricks on KDWB. So I had a little dilemma this weekend. I want to see what you guys think. So the little girls were over Allison's daughters are two or No. Three and five, and so it was nice yesterday. It was like tie the record for the warmest temperature since nineteen fifteen. So we're like, well, let's go down to the park. So we're walking about a block away. We take Bernie, the big energetic poodle, and so we go to the park. And the reason we take Bernie is because you know, we love to take him. But there's a tennis court down there, and we can put Bernie in the tennis court. He runs like a deer. I mean, you just never seen a dog run and leap, and he's so happy. So I let him in the tennis court to run and run and it's so funny. But as we're walking up to the tennis court with the girls and Bernie, there's an their little family there and it's a mom with her little boy who's probably a year and a half or so, and they've also got a dog. So it's mom, dad, little boy dog. They're walking up to the tennis court with apparently the same idea as I had. And we get to the tennis court first, and they're like, I said, oh, we're just gonna go and let the dog run. She's like, yeah, that's what we're gonna do, is let the dog run. And I'm like, okay, well, we'll be just a couple of minutes, said, you know, we're we'll be right out. And the little boy starts crying because he wants to go in now. Yeah, and he's a little boy, he doesn't know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's me.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, and I said, we'll be right out, little man, We'll be right hi, buddy, we'll be right out. We'll be right out. So we go and let the dog run around. I turn around and the other family's leaving. Oh, and then I felt bad. Should I have let mom, dog and little boy into the tennis court before us?
Speaker 5: Well, I mean they could have done the same thing, Like what if they had gone in first? And then the kids that you were with started to cry, And then I mean it's a I.
Speaker 1: Would have told him to be quiet, but a three year old to five year old it's easier for them to understand than a one year old.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I guess. I mean I wouldn't care you were there first period. Okay, yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Was gonna say you're there first, Who cares?
Speaker 3: If you would have been hogging it for like, like how long did they wait?
Speaker 2: Not two minutes at the most.
Speaker 4: If you would have been in there for like thirty.
Speaker 2: Minutes, yeah, can you imagine?
Speaker 4: Yeah, like you kind of are a jerk.
Speaker 5: But no, I mean if I was that little kid's parents, I would have been like, Wow, look at that dog.
Speaker 6: What color is that dog? What kind of dog?
Speaker 1: You know that for a minute, she's like, wow, look at that dog run, He's so fast.
Speaker 3: You're like, all, can I say something or ask a question about if I was a jerk about something?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay. So I just went to Morocco.
Speaker 3: For a week and I'm going around posting pictures of things whatever. I get a message from my older sister and she goes, oh my gosh, like Maddie and Luca, my niece and nephew, they've been loving the photos like they would probably they would probably love if you got them something.
Speaker 5: And I was.
Speaker 1: Like, like a souvenir, like a short or a snow globe or something.
Speaker 3: Right, and so I feel like we all treat our mom with like she deserves the world because she's done so much for us. A lot of times when we all do travel, we'll get something for our mom. So I had already planned on getting something for my mom, but I wasn't planning on getting anything for my niece and nephew. But at that point, I felt like I was put on the spot and I was forced to bring them back a souvenir, which is fine. I found something that was like seven dollars for my niece, five for my nephew.
Speaker 4: Whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but then I felt like I had to bring back something for everyone in my family at that point, because anything for.
Speaker 5: Me or no.
Speaker 3: But I did bring something in for all of you that I want.
Speaker 5: You to try.
Speaker 3: I'm going to do it later today, Okay, but but yeah, I don't know, Like, am I a jerk for being annoyed that my sister was like.
Speaker 2: No, because you're not a kind of a person.
Speaker 4: I never am.
Speaker 3: However, I did go to Morocco thinking I would buy souvenirs because one of the main things you do in Mara it was shop in the market. It's just like one of the main things. So I knew I would be buying things. I just like, I guess I get a little frustrated because I don't have kids on my own, so I'm never asking my family.
Speaker 4: To go buy a bunch of stuff, grab me something.
Speaker 3: And it's like, you know, I got birthdays and Christmases where I got to get the kids stuff, which is obviously fine, but then like I would never go and ask my sister to bring me back something because I had kids.
Speaker 5: You know, also that they didn't want anything until they saw the pictures and then they were like, oh that actually looks cool. I want something, yeah, And they like have.
Speaker 4: So many things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And my sister's always like, you know, like the kids have so many things, don't buy them anything like big for their birthday, just like something like just one thing, that's all they need. So I'm like, why do I got to buy them a souvenir Morocca. Those kids are not going to understand the significance of that. Maybe like oh cool, I made sure to get the most sparkly things because that would be like the only thing that would intrigue them about a souvenir from Morocco.
Speaker 2: And it's going to end up at the bottom of their closet.
Speaker 4: I know that the thing I.
Speaker 3: Got my nephew is going to be broken in like a week. But anyways, you know me, I'm a cheap ass, all right. So I was like, oh, I gotcha. Well, I'm glad you did a good time in Morocco. I don't need any souvenirs. We used to have a rule on the show that wherever you went, if you went the Yellowstone, you had to bring back souvenirs.
Speaker 2: It was a rule that was the rule. God.
Speaker 1: It wasn't like God, you suck about it. It was just kind of a funny little thing. So if we went to Disney, I'd have to bring back like a little Mickey mouse key ring for Fallon.
Speaker 2: Or you know, a little I don't know.
Speaker 1: A little Mickey Mouse gold candy coins for Steve or whatever. Just a little souvenir. Yeah, we don't have that anymore.
Speaker 5: No, yeah we did. So you guys don't want anything when I come back from Disney.
Speaker 2: No, no, you're fine.
Speaker 3: I think I had one trip where I brought you all souvenirs. But then that rule got thrown out the window, and I was pretty happy about that because I was very, very poor back then, and I went to New Orleans and I felt like I had to get you all something, because.
Speaker 4: You guys actually to be fair.
Speaker 3: Steve went somewhere once and did not give me anything, but got everyone else something like monster.
Speaker 2: That's terrible.
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 1: Playing Think Fast it is a little game that we like to play a couple of times a week. You get to play along too. Bailey will give a category and we have to name something in that category faster than our opponent. It is me versus a Jenny's.
Speaker 5: And this is Thanksgiving edition of Think Fast.
Speaker 6: The first batch is any word.
Speaker 5: Okay, any word?
Speaker 2: No? No, okay, I got excited.
Speaker 5: Okay, Name a main dish that isn't turkeys potatoes. Oh, Jenny's on the board. She's on the board.
Speaker 6: Is that a dish or a side?
Speaker 5: Well, it's a I feel like it's a main dish because it's like.
Speaker 6: Next to the turkey.
Speaker 5: Okay. Name a pie that isn't pumpkin. Oh okay, wow, nice, nice, nice? Nice? Name a starchy side dish sweet potatoes? Sweet potatoes.
Speaker 1: I thought it was gonna say that's not okay, all right, you're throwing me off here.
Speaker 5: Sorry, Name a side dish that's green green beer castrole yesterday.
Speaker 6: Jenny, Jenny is three davids one name.
Speaker 5: Name a side dish that uses cheese, mac and cheese, mac and cheese.
Speaker 2: Wow, wow, Okay.
Speaker 5: Name a specific kind of salad, sure, Okay, Dave, I'll give it like salad.
Speaker 2: Salad, Jenny, don't even don't even did you miss me?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 5: Okay. Name a festive drink cranberry juice, Okay.
Speaker 2: Really festive.
Speaker 4: I don't know, Like the only time you drink any cranberry is.
Speaker 2: Very festive.
Speaker 5: Any word is Name something on the Thanksgiving table that's brown brown.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I tried turkey, turkey meat, breast meat.
Speaker 6: You're no.
Speaker 3: I'm happy you had to say turkey meat and then go to breast meat.
Speaker 2: Brown is brown?
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 2: It's called the dark meat.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Okay. Now we're moving on to some vegetables.
Speaker 5: Okay. These will have letters attached to them.
Speaker 6: Okay, right now. Important Jenny has for Davis tree No.
Speaker 5: Five, I'm sorry, and then Dave has two.
Speaker 6: I'm just gonna cry.
Speaker 5: Okay, what are you doing over there? He's vibing?
Speaker 6: Okay, clipnails.
Speaker 5: Name a vegetable that starts with the letter are braddish day Thanksgiving. This is just vegetables. Now, okay, we moved on from Thanksgiving. Vegetables.
Speaker 6: Vegetables are important. Name a vegetable that starts with the letter B broccoli. Who Okay, they're tied, right.
Speaker 5: Name a vegetable that starts with the letter S.
Speaker 6: Yes, spin.
Speaker 4: Your veggies lately, I can tell good for you.
Speaker 6: Name a vegetable that starts with the letter G.
Speaker 5: Below, I guess. Name a vegetable that starts with the letter K kal kale, Dave, Dave's at six, Jenny's at five.
Speaker 1: Game point, then five thanks.
Speaker 5: Name a vegetable that starts with the letter see corn corn. Okay, this is game point, This is okay. Name a vegetable that starts with the letter M. Mush that's so it was okay, that.
Speaker 2: Was so hard mushrooms of vegetable.
Speaker 5: Well, I think we can consider it a vegetable in the case of we would eat it like we would eat guy. All right, Name a vegetable that starts with the letter L. What did you say? I said, just lettuce lettuce and Dave let us leaf lettuce. I think dave one.
Speaker 6: That was kind of fast, right.
Speaker 2: That was pretty fast, Lima beans.
Speaker 5: Lima beans are so good?
Speaker 2: Are they? Are they? Though? Are they? Well?
Speaker 5: You guys, I literally gave you like twenty different questions, so I ran out.
Speaker 6: People are macaus breast meats actually white meat? David? People texting?
Speaker 5: Yeah, but if you look at it, I would say it's a light brown.
Speaker 4: The dark meats, the legs, right.
Speaker 2: Thighs and legs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, I'm hungering something today.
Speaker 6: Jenny said that she missed out on the spokes turkey.
Speaker 4: What is this?
Speaker 3: Bailey just told me you smoked turkey last week? Yeah, that was like one request I had like a month ago. I said, are you going to bring it so savory? I would have been like juicy. You guys have a little family Thanksgiving without me. I guess I'm not always happened. This is what always happens. I'm the mother of the show. I always get forgotten about.
Speaker 7: Okay, nobody cares you were out there.
Speaker 1: I don't want to hear it crying about my diamond shoes. Being I was in Morocco. I missed a turkey breast shodiest Oh I know.
Speaker 3: Is the next time apparently that I'm going to bring in something delicious?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna make sure it's gonna be when Dave's on vacation.
Speaker 7: See and I'm a kind soul because I offered Puerto Rican Thanksgiving. But Dave's going to Colorado, Bailey's going to wherever she's going. I said, I'll wait till everybody's back. That could have been stingy and been like just me.
Speaker 4: And Jenny Our on Davester on Katie w B.
Speaker 2: I don't know about any breaking news or anything.
Speaker 1: I know that Taylor was working on her video for either Elizabeth Taylor or the Fate of Ophelia over in London.
Speaker 5: I think, isn't it opolite?
Speaker 2: Okay, you're right, yeah, Fatophila?
Speaker 1: And then she flew home to see well not home, but back to the States to see Travis play in his game yesterday. I don't even know if the Chiefs won. The Chiefs are not doing great.
Speaker 4: And I don't think they're going to be in the Super Bowl for ones.
Speaker 2: I don't think you're going in Super Bowl. They'll probably make the playoffs.
Speaker 1: I was glad to see the Eagles they won yesterday three points.
Speaker 2: Oh, glad to see the Eagles lose yesterday. That made me happy.
Speaker 1: The biking Packers beat the Vikings yesterday, and the Gophers lost on Saturday. They lost on a field goal. And those are the heartbreaking ones because that poor kid I just think of. That kid is like man, he'll remember that for a long time.
Speaker 3: I caught the end of the Lions game against the Giants when I was flying yesterday and they ended up coming back and winning and then winning and overtime or tying and then winning an overtime.
Speaker 2: The Lions did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So Tory Spelling is owing a lot of money and taxes right now, and her and Dean McDermott just settled for their divorce this month, and they agreed of a joint custody of their five children, but Tory will spend substantially more physical time with them.
Speaker 4: Tory and Dean agreed to.
Speaker 3: Split evenly their unpaid back taxes, which is one point seven million do half a millions due to the state of California, the irs is owned one point two million. I do not understand how rich celebrities like just get in this kind of debt.
Speaker 6: It's crazy.
Speaker 3: But they also have a ton of credit card debt. Apparently Dean ows forty five thousand dollars in student loans and medical bills, like did he go to college recently?
Speaker 4: I'm not really sure.
Speaker 3: However, these two people should have plenty of money, and yet they owe millions of Well you would.
Speaker 1: Think so, but do I mean to have millions of dollars in text dead you had to have earned millions of dollars. But I don't know what her income or his income stream is. I mean, what does she do to make money anymore?
Speaker 4: I don't really know that either.
Speaker 3: But we know that name, and that's all that matters is she could do something because we know that name. She could have endorsements with the company. She could do social media, she could do anything.
Speaker 4: She could be.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know how much people would want her on a show. She probably could do some stupid reality television.
Speaker 5: She was on Dancing with the Star. I don't want to say.
Speaker 4: She definitely could do things.
Speaker 3: But what I think they need to look into is getting all their meals from Holiday station stores, because it's a three dollar meal deal right now, where you get any hot snack, or you get a roller grill item plus chips and a Polar pop or a coffee and it's only three bucks. And they clearly don't have a lot of money, so they're gonna have to start eating that.
Speaker 6: Holiday with hot snacks.
Speaker 5: The Jonas brothers have made it to the Hall of Fame, the New Jersey Hall of Fame.
Speaker 4: What does that mean anything?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, for sure, screw I'm in it. Yeah right, Joe says. We've had incredible highs over the years, world tours, stage shows, movies, but this one hits different than all of them because we didn't grow up on red carpets. We grow up in the state of New Jersey. New Jersey makes us bagel, sandwiches, traffic, big dreams, and more determination than anyone can ask for. So I wonder what the New Jersey Hall of Fame looks like.
Speaker 7: If there's like Springsteen today, probably why aren't you vonn Well?
Speaker 6: Well, I have no answer for you.
Speaker 1: Here's New Jersey west of Manhattan or e stuff Manhattan.
Speaker 6: It's a great question.
Speaker 2: It's west, that's a great question.
Speaker 6: There not in Manhattan? I don't know.
Speaker 4: Do you not know where Manhattan is?
Speaker 6: I told you a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 7: I think compasses are bs, so frim to ask me what's wire compasses?
Speaker 2: BS?
Speaker 7: I don't know if I'm standing at if I need to go to Bailey's house, and I look at a compass, It's not gonna be like Bailey's houses this way.
Speaker 6: Gps is do that. Compasses don't.
Speaker 4: Say it's south of Manhattan, but it's definitely.
Speaker 3: Not east east Long Island, but I know that it's at least west.
Speaker 4: It's also south though.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you.
Speaker 4: And geographys here on the Dave Ryan Show.
Speaker 6: So Eddie Murphy.
Speaker 7: He has a dock right out out right now on Netflix called Being Eddie, and he revealed three movies he wishes he would have done.
Speaker 6: There's a couple of movies Ghostbusters, I was supposed to do Ghostbusters and didn't do that in a rush hour? And oh and who framed Roger Rabbid? Those are those are my big three.
Speaker 1: I am such a bigger fan of him after watching that documentary. He's just such a humble and a person and so grounded at the same time, he's very eccentric and very shy. And he always said that the characters that you did was you know, they were characters, they were never really him. Yeah, So all of the characters like Axel Foley and doctor Doolittle and all the ones that he did, such a great job. He's all in character because he's just kind of shy and soft spoken.
Speaker 6: Are you a fan of this?
Speaker 2: I think even Eddie admits that that was a mistake.
Speaker 1: He said he was at his stage in his career was like, Man, I'm a comedian, I'm doing stand up, I'm doing movies, I'm doing TV shows. What's the next logical step? Do a song? So he recorded this awful, awful song. I love it the party all the time.
Speaker 2: That is the dirt. Brought to you by six one two injured Heimer and Lammer's injury