Speaker 1: Super duper. That's nice. Might a gono gay?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: That was good news.
Speaker 3: It is the first day of June twenty twenty six. Holy balls, right, Patrick Morning Show on a Monday, Good morning. Lots to talk about brand new Minnesota Vikings, GM on the way, OTA's in the books, lots of quarterback controversy, Betting Lieber on his way in in a casto, thousands ladies and gentlemen, plus recapping last weekend at Treasure Island.
Speaker 1: So much more. Let's get her started.
Speaker 3: Brian Scalaro with some comedy and Patrick morri shouting Monday Morning to come on in.
Speaker 4: I am glad you are here.
Speaker 1: I like it. Woking up, I hey, get woking up.
Speaker 5: I go woking up by guys trim and trees outside the window. Seven am, Triman trees exactly, it's seven and they started, which means they were Olmond trees ready at six or the eight.
Speaker 1: We're gonna beat Jackson in two minutes.
Speaker 5: So I wanted to do was away from the finish dripping and just follow one of the guests in his houses, stand outside.
Speaker 1: His bed, and when don't wait for him to go to bed, just go by.
Speaker 6: Where man, can they just be quiet for five mans, Come right, why would you last seven am?
Speaker 1: The trees are gonna be there at noon.
Speaker 5: They don't leave them not, they don't walk them out the trees to the Lord of the rings.
Speaker 2: All right, Monday, June first of twenty twenty six. We made it to June. We made it to Monday, you said, we all recap and pretty good weekend. That was fun at TI. Good morning, Fellas.
Speaker 1: Good money.
Speaker 2: For you on Friday. Nice win regulations, Yeah, man, Hella Combany, thank you, hella.
Speaker 1: Come we got a GM like you mentioned. Yeahs are in the NBA finals.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thanks for your money yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right, I forgot. I keep forgetting. You guys also had money on it because you bet Spurs. He bet thunder any old Western Conference finals. Yeah, man, I I bet against christ when it comes to basketball, my basketball.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was uh, the better team won. That was a just a dominant performance by the Spurs and that team is going to be good for a long time. Thank you. Yeah, so welcome. Good on lou Well, I don't know about me. I don't think it effects are Timberwolves. I know hawks said about that.
Speaker 4: Well, you know I will deal with that next year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so Lou needs to win the finals.
Speaker 1: Though, correct, Okay, gotta get all.
Speaker 2: Go get Yeah, and I think he will thinking about hedging though he can. So far he said he's not going to. But you know he's got three days to think about. It's still working in his yard. No, no chance, No hedging is beat. No he's not hedging. Okay, no he's not Edward scissor hands.
Speaker 1: No is he edging? I'll text him and ask he's what eighty eight?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 2: Hey, you know what you can edge you whenever you want?
Speaker 1: You can't?
Speaker 4: What does he bono?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Good point? They edge together? They guitar?
Speaker 4: An don't good weekend guys?
Speaker 1: Anything new? Anything good?
Speaker 3: I get to play golf today.
Speaker 1: I got to play golf yesterday. How did they go? It went great? Parker Fox, Charlie Swanson super fun for the Parker is incredible at call.
Speaker 4: Worry, How are you you have a good game with swinging the old ropes or whatever you call it?
Speaker 2: Never got invited, didn't get invited? No, pull your hands up swinging.
Speaker 1: The what ropes? I don't know what they are?
Speaker 3: I I spent about twenty minutes this morning going through my closet trying to find something that wasn't cut off jean shorts.
Speaker 1: You can use my golf clubs if you.
Speaker 3: Want, Randy said, he's going to have some there for me. But I appreciate it. Thank you for the offer. I'm sure I'll bend them. Is it easy to bend them. I don't mean to bend them.
Speaker 1: Uh, yeah, it's easy to bend them. Yeah, bend them like Beckham. That's the same sport. Right.
Speaker 3: I was talking to Dana from the ninety three X Morning Show yesterday and he's not going.
Speaker 4: To be there today. He hurt his ankle, but he does say to tell you guys, hi hi hi hi.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a pretty convenient time. Yeah, maybe you're going to turn your ankle before you start. Yeah, a huge mistake to make you golf. No offense to you, Yeah, no offense. Huge mistakes are correct.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, And I apologize already to the people I'm going. First of all, what a disappointment for the celebrity that they have to deal with.
Speaker 4: It's not like you know.
Speaker 3: Clark Gable walks up. It's me and my jean shorts. How much you give me to wear Geene shorts, because I'll wear them. I'll cut these under bitches.
Speaker 1: I got on off well, sauce.
Speaker 2: Member, you used to go on that epic rant about denim at a golf course.
Speaker 1: Remember, Yeah, I don't really care about that.
Speaker 4: You don't care anymore?
Speaker 1: Nah do what? Extra? Live your life? Be? You? Who cares?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 1: Did Charlie or Parker wear denim? Parker was there? No? Parker wore non gene shorts and Charlie wore none jeans invite, I mean you wouldn't have played. You'll never know. I know this is you want to play Wednesday eleven o'clock. No going to Vegas? Oh?
Speaker 3: I know it's a slight exaggeration, but do you think Parker's shorts would almost be pants for me?
Speaker 1: Yes? Yes, they would be very close.
Speaker 2: It would look like you were wearing whatever those things are called from like the twenties.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, oh uh, I don't want to say because it's too close. But the New York Knicks, uh sure named after you?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Sure? Yeah, I think that's what they do. Don't know me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they would look like they were about halfway down your shins. No, yeah, he's very tall, he's very tall. Yeah, where's that guy find golf clubs?
Speaker 1: Well? I mean, yeah, a lot of tall people play, but he can hammer the golf ball. It was fun to watch him tall people play. How do you find golf clubs like that?
Speaker 2: I mean they're custom made, right, that's my point. Yeah, it can't be cheap, no, I.
Speaker 1: Mean I think, but I think they're also. I would guess, like if you if Parker and I went in and got the exact same golf clubs, I think they'd be the same price. His would just be longer. It'd be like a small and a large pair of pants the same price. It's way less material, but the same price. That's what I think they would be the same. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Interesting, I would think there were more because they don't have him in stock because they have to custom make him well though, like they don't cele.
Speaker 1: Very many of them. But like Second Swing golf, they you get fitted for all like every club, right, they get fit to you, So they get made like your custom size, and I'm pretty sure that's free.
Speaker 4: Are they gonna do you think make me hit the ball all the time?
Speaker 1: Well, it depends you, you hope, and I do. Every time I play in one of these, you get somebody who can pound it off the tee that means they can hit it far, they can hit it long, and they can hit it and they're down to get the friction on.
Speaker 2: But you're playing eighteen or nine, I don't know, because if you're playing eighteen.
Speaker 1: You're gonna finish about nine pm.
Speaker 2: We have to start guessing when Chris just stops hitting it because at some point, again, golfer's guilt for those of us who don't golf is a real thing.
Speaker 1: And when you start to feel like.
Speaker 2: You're wasting the entire group's time, then you're just gonna walk and watch these guys golf.
Speaker 1: I mean, here's what I would do hawk and I've been in groups.
Speaker 4: I played right into a bridge embankment.
Speaker 1: I would do that, but I played like local guys. Jesse Polk is really, really really good at golf, and he can hit it about three thirty off the tee when he I just don't ever hit off the tee. You just let him hit off the tee, right, I would just putt right. You guys can all put that's fun when that guy, when you have a guy that can bomb it off the tee, yeah, just go all right, you guys. There's no point in me hitting because I'm not gonna hit it that far. I may miss it. All that stuff, and then when you get up to the fairway if you want to hit there, hit it there. If you don't, just putt That's what I would do.
Speaker 3: Okay, what if it like today we realize that I miss mccollins.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'm gonna hammer the under.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't believe you will find it today during a charity golf tournament.
Speaker 1: I don't think you just pick up golf.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's only happened once. Yeah, that the hockey player guy. Yeah, Gillmore No, no, no, not even close.
Speaker 1: Oh sorry, Thatch. Oh there we go?
Speaker 4: Is that? Congratulations on your win?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 4: Did you take my advice?
Speaker 1: Yes? Okay, good, good, Good for you. A nice win for Zachary Halverson off air at TI. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I have never ever seen anybody win on that machine you went on, not even one time.
Speaker 1: What Masie was it?
Speaker 4: You know, the one with.
Speaker 3: The the big numbers and they just come around. If it stops on the number like one, you get a dollar. If it stops on one and then gets a zerie gets ten dollars, the big dollar.
Speaker 1: The green machine.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well this one's the cash machine, and the green machine is similar.
Speaker 3: But oh okay, so the one with the either George Washington's or Abraham you were.
Speaker 1: Right, you were right? Oh okay, got it?
Speaker 3: Okay, one, five, ten, and you hit that number on that machine? Yeah, so did it hit like a five? And then get the spin and got two?
Speaker 7: So I covered up the middle one with my hand and then just watch the third third reel and that landed on double zero and.
Speaker 4: You're already on five zero zero.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I didn't know what I was on.
Speaker 7: I just knew it was on five right, and yeah, five years zero and then obviously I moved my hand and that was pretty shocking.
Speaker 4: And did you have to change your uh.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah they were helped there, I mean full services.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they helped with that real quick. They did. They took care of your diaper.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, it's the weekend. And finally here you can tell me. I'd rather not answer, but did you did did you have in the check or did you more than half?
Speaker 1: I did exactly what you Okay? Good, that's good. Good.
Speaker 3: So you walked out there with good job, and you know you would not have if you hadn't do that right.
Speaker 7: Well, and then of course you know our brains. I found a loophole, but I didn't exploit it. But the mobile deposit o.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, you could have done that.
Speaker 4: Now you've run my life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you should have kept that one. Yep.
Speaker 4: That was the only way I ever left with cash.
Speaker 1: Yep. So did you dump a lot of it back? No, No, I've dumped some. Certainly. I had had some fun.
Speaker 7: Well, I was one well, okay, so I was playing blackjack and they have a like one of those side bets or whatever. You put five bucks on and you could win, you know, upwards of one hundred thousand dollars if you have a matching blackjack with the dealer matching blackjack, and it's crazy odds.
Speaker 1: But I stop stopped playing.
Speaker 7: At the next hand, I had two aces and the dealer had an ace, and that three ace progressive jackpot would have been worth nineteen hundred and forty six dollars. Jez, and I know it was nineteen forty six because that image is burdened them back in my back of my mind. I'm not I mean, thankfully, what happened earlier happened earlier, and I wasn't too bent out, but I was one hand away from winning another two grand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it would have been great.
Speaker 4: I heard a guy.
Speaker 3: I don't know, like how long you'd been there, but it was before I left on Friday morning. By the way, I ran into Marnie on my way out, and she had gotten all her money back and she was basically floating, and she walked down the hallway like like a first she was so happy. But there was a guy just mf and everybody leaving the blackjack table. He must have walked in lost every dim owned. It happens like, But don't play blackjack.
Speaker 1: Yeah, play slot machines.
Speaker 8: More colorful and fine fine colorful.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: Fun times though, And how about our parwer trip listeners getting so excited about our twenty fifth anniversary show November fifth that they blew up the computers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they crashed the website.
Speaker 2: So if you guys when we made the announcement on Friday in November, November fifth, we're going to have a giant birthday party for us because we're the first show in cafe and history to go twenty five straight years. Huh.
Speaker 1: It's a free show at TI.
Speaker 2: We're going to do the same thing we always do where we give away a trip for two to Vegas with the Power Trip Morning Show for whoever wins the roube game of Initials. But the kicker is is right after we're done, same room, same stage, we're going to transition into MC's and then Tommy Rymond SI ONMNS and Kelsey Cook and Chad Daniels take the stage after us, and it's free. Well, we announced that Friday morning and crash the website and TI.
Speaker 1: Told us it's the first time.
Speaker 2: They believe they don't they couldn't remember any time ever that a show announcement crashed their website.
Speaker 1: Which is pretty cool. Yeah, it's sweet time.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's sold out because maybe people got discouraged because the.
Speaker 1: Website was down for I think twenty or thirty minutes.
Speaker 2: Wow, But go to TI Casino dot com and register again.
Speaker 1: Free tickets, but you have to have tickets, that's right.
Speaker 3: And there's a limited amount because obviously the room is only so big.
Speaker 2: Which is exactly why we're doing tickets instead of just showing up because we don't want to have to turn away a bunch of people if it's too two packed in November. So it's awesome and those are huge names. You get to see him for free. That's sweet with the power to a morning chewing Treasure Island, and get.
Speaker 7: That room too, cafe in get I think as.
Speaker 1: Hell. Yeah, man, it's a great deal. It's gonna be sweet. Yeah. Four of them are so funny, Yeah the best. All four of them are great. Great. Can you imagine? I mean for freezes? Yeah, that's for free for freezes. That's a great price. Yeah. Yeah, you could pay five times that amount, which is zero? Still zero? Got ya? Thank you? Congratulations. Yeah. I meanwhile, you would you pay ten times that amount? Yeah, that's still zero? Daddyo.
Speaker 2: Would you be willing to pay ten times amount that amount?
Speaker 1: You will? Wow? Look at you? You got it? Man, Good for you, man it. Thanks guys, thanks for the positivity. What you know, I welcome.
Speaker 4: Everything's changed since you fixed your gutter situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, gutter helmet mn dot com. I don't have to clean my gutters when you got all that rain over the weekend and still today. If you have bad gutters, you have stuff in your gutters that'll cause you a problem. I don't worry about that gutterhelmet mn dot com.
Speaker 2: Is it supposed to rain at all today or is it done.
Speaker 1: No, I think it stops right at one fifty five. That what time you're supposed to tee off.
Speaker 4: I believe these shotguns at TI Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's supposed to be. Well, it's only gonna be So what about the golf shotgun? Yeah, going to be eighty today.
Speaker 4: I know better than to have that in my car.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's gonna be eighty today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, eighty yeah, eighty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what Chris is going to shoot on the first hole.
Speaker 3: I think the shotgun might be what I mean, no, no, I can't wait.
Speaker 1: Obviously you're doing it for a good cause.
Speaker 2: But I bet at five point thirty tomorrow you you see, you're gonna swear off charity golf tournaments for the rest of your life. You're going to say that was it last one? And I'm sure the group's going to be nice. Yeah, Brandy Shaver is a great dude. Again, great time to be a part of it, and you're honored to be asked. But you're going to say, I'm never doing that again. That's my last one, and then you'll do three next summer.
Speaker 4: You know what, I'm gonna go ahead and just take a just nip it in the butt. I never doing one again.
Speaker 1: After today. I've been worried about this for two weeks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, exactly, Cash.
Speaker 1: More of the power TOI Morning Show after this. On the fin I gave him that make.
Speaker 2: Today a little better with I Hop and the ip valum, and you were a full satisfying meal.
Speaker 1: Is just you, guys, Yes, sir, it's got it's got him. Oh yeah, what it got saucy. Yeah, it's got sack.
Speaker 4: Now it's got him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can see it.
Speaker 4: When he was telling me the story just now off the air, I was like, oh, yeah, cool, you did the heroin.
Speaker 1: You like the taste of it.
Speaker 7: Because I've called that very slot machine slot heroine because it is such a quick hit.
Speaker 1: It is something that I go for.
Speaker 7: I put a CEE note in and play max bet till it's done, and then try not to do with that again.
Speaker 1: And now it's yeah, it's it's uh. It's man after me.
Speaker 4: Hi, my name is Zach and I have.
Speaker 1: Yah High Hockey. Hi Zach Paul, Hi, guys, good to see you.
Speaker 4: Some people have a book club. We have a Gambler's Anonymous clubs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think any of us are anonymous.
Speaker 1: No, we're loud about it. Yeah, and I love gambling. It's the best. Yeah that I agree. They have taken my money on Thursday, but you know what, it's just holding it for me. Thank you on your machine. Unfortunately, yeah my machine killed me.
Speaker 4: Yeah it's too old. Now find new machines.
Speaker 1: Man. Yeah, you're right. I know. I'm speaking of gambling.
Speaker 2: You know, when we made the announcement on Friday, we were we were so close to being able to release the Vegas details as well. Yeah, and we think over the weekend we got it finalized. Is that accurate?
Speaker 4: We are one hundred percent sure, so I believe.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll talk to the powers that beat today and I think we'll be able to shoot out everybody's dates and stuff and people can join us in November in Vegas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, and we'll be able to say that tomorrow.
Speaker 4: I think you're right.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, man, huge.
Speaker 3: People are gonna be so pumped, soff for this time and so new and fresh and exciting and opportunities.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be fun. It's gonna be different, and.
Speaker 3: It'll be tomorrow because today's June first, and a minute ago it was February second, correct, So it'll be.
Speaker 1: Here in a minute.
Speaker 2: So Treasure Island November fifth and sixth, but the big free comedy show is November.
Speaker 1: Fifth, freak Comedy.
Speaker 2: Then we're going to Las Vegas to celebrate our twenty fifth anniversary, because again, first show in KFE industry, possibly Twin Cities radio to go twenty five straight years'd be awesome. Then our actual twenty fifth anniversary is Black Friday in November, and we'll throw another bash for ourselves, and then that we're already talking about maybe throwing a bash for ourselves next summer. Yea, to celebrate that we're halfway through our twenty fifth year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. I think it's a good idea. I don't think that's enough.
Speaker 4: Every day's winding road.
Speaker 1: Great pull du it's historic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ok, first time name another show on this station that has gone twenty five years never.
Speaker 1: I don't think I can because it's it hasn't happened yet. Yeah, we were here day one day one.
Speaker 4: Ye. So I do like the idea of a freak comedy show. Though, you know the Bearded Lady.
Speaker 1: It's called flop, sweat and tears. Pull your hands up, the bearded lady. What houck the one from American horror Story. Yeah. Absolutely. Isn't that Kathy Baits? No, she wasn't that yet. She was in that Who was the bearded Lady? Are we sure it wasn't Kathy Baits? Maybe it was.
Speaker 4: I thought it was Nicol Kevin.
Speaker 1: No, you're just saying that. I think I think Sauce might not nail this is.
Speaker 2: M bearded Lady? Absolutely? Oh yeah, sure the hell? Yeah, yep, that's terrifying.
Speaker 1: Look looking good, looking good, looking good? Confused?
Speaker 2: No making you feel I just don't want to stand up, No I am I'm not confused. And that was the first season of that show that I watched because my wife liked the first three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I watched.
Speaker 2: That one, and then I watched What Hotel?
Speaker 1: Yeah I think I se with Lady Gaga. Yeah yeah, I like that one. Yeah, I don't us that Stuff's not for me as like that show. Yeah, we watched it.
Speaker 3: I like the one where they were in because I know Kathy Bates was in the one where they were in Nolence.
Speaker 1: Where they were when they were witches and she was.
Speaker 3: Like buried for as a witch for like sixty years and somebody undugger and you know, she'd been in there the whole time, Like this sucks.
Speaker 1: You know. That's how you like him, though, Yeah, that's how you like your woman. You're a Napoleon, right, you like him? Ripe?
Speaker 4: Ohrdy, that's a terrible one.
Speaker 2: Who turns you have a Napoleon complex problem?
Speaker 1: You like your women, right? I don't know that I like them Ripe. Sixty years in the dirt. Don't get me wrong.
Speaker 4: I don't want them spoiled.
Speaker 2: They're growing.
Speaker 1: Brilliant.
Speaker 2: God I crushed flintstone vitamins. I don't think they worried and he only did one today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I believes I do. Yeah, I'm not smart.
Speaker 2: That's a really dumb question. Yeah, daddy, is this what it feels like?
Speaker 1: Paul? Yes?
Speaker 2: Is there is morning the right time to take vitamins? I've never cared about when I've taken them. Is there an optimal I don't know why I think it would. It seems intuitive to say, probably get them going in the morning and then have them slowly released during the day.
Speaker 1: Well, got me on one that I take in the morning. Yeah, I wonder if it's optimals you'll take them on an empty belly, ey stomach? Yes, correct?
Speaker 7: The best time to take vitamins depends heavily in the type, but taking them consistently at the same time, you say, is the most important. If you're looking what vitamin you're looking for?
Speaker 1: Are you nothing specific? Just any of no.
Speaker 7: Multi visus multi vitamins. You're looking at the morning for vitamin C as well. Now with a meal, you want to use vitamins A, D, E, and K, and then at evening and a night. If you have a magnesium or calcium, that's the way you should take.
Speaker 1: It at night and iron. So what if?
Speaker 2: What if you want to take vitamins in the morning, but you don't eat breakfast almost ever, and if you do, it's not until like eleven o'clock.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 2: Like, guys, I shouldn't be throwing in vitamins at four o'clock in the morning if I'm not going to eat until seven.
Speaker 1: Correct? Please answer this question. Come on, zach, I hope you're using co pilot. Yes, eleven am.
Speaker 7: You can simply adjust your vitamin schedule to match your first meal, So take it around eleven am.
Speaker 1: Okay, thanks, I don't know, man, sounds like a lot of work. Yeah, give me, Yeah, just eating whenever you want. Just give me one. Let me get it over with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they have some of them now that tastes so good. Yeah, yeah, there's no way these are working. These are just candy.
Speaker 1: The magnesium one I take tastes way too good, yeah, saying grape. Yeah, yeah. Do we take the same one. I don't know the Yeah.
Speaker 2: The magnesium one that I have is like it almost takes like it tastes like those orange dreamsticles.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, And I'm like, this is candy.
Speaker 2: This can't good. No, it's just a magnesium in this my teeth and my brain. Sure, I want to eat half the barrel of these things.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't need wond or its hit after it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, can you overdose on magnesium?
Speaker 4: Give it a shot.
Speaker 2: I let's ask co pilots why copilot have to otherwise you're fired?
Speaker 1: Tell them when we use here, yeah, co pilot.
Speaker 4: I was thinking about that the other day, like if I just start playing AI music and say no, it's not AI, what are they gonna do check my work?
Speaker 1: Well? I have one song. If we're gonna start playing a music, we.
Speaker 4: Should play Marty's gone. No one cares about one. Well, we're not playing.
Speaker 1: That No, that song whales.
Speaker 4: Well, it might wail, but it is going to get stuck in your head.
Speaker 1: And yeah, it is stuck in my head forever.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying. It's not in mind and I'm going to keep it that way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, okay, I don't want it to be stuck in your head. Then, thank you.
Speaker 4: So we have a new GM.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Man, he looks like a young Chad Abbott. Well, I mean that's a big thumbs up. Yeah.
Speaker 3: His name is Nolan Teasley and that is the most general manager's sounding name I've ever heard of my life, or.
Speaker 1: A Harry Potter name.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Rod Easley, Nolan Yeah. Sources told NFL Networks Tom Pella Sero on Saturday that it's over. Nolan Teasley is the general manager. Spent thirteen seasons with the Seattle Seahawks, where he began as an intern in advanced to assistant general manager in twenty twenty three. Let's see, because they fired Quasy so late in the process, Viking's owners decided to tap Perzinski, their longtime salary cap analysts, and contract negotiated to lead the temporary front office search. And there you go. So uh, Brazinski will stay on. It'll be a three headed monster with coach Brazinski and now Nolan Teasley three headed monster. M I'm trying to get ahold old dot com Tom today. See if you'll come on talk to us about.
Speaker 1: Nolan Tey that'd be great.
Speaker 3: A native of the Washington area, played running back in his high school, had a three hundred yard running game. At one point I read I went to I believe Central Central Washington or something like that, some college and after college worked in the regular business sector for six years and said, well, this sucks, and went to be an intern for the Seattle Seahawks.
Speaker 1: And look at him. Now, yeah, good for him.
Speaker 2: Remember when interns were things? Yeah, oh yeah, you could have unpaid workers.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 4: It took one person being a jackass, sue and the company and now it's over.
Speaker 1: Johnny.
Speaker 4: Sure, yeah you worked for free. Yeah, you worked too many hours, that's the deal.
Speaker 1: Sometimes.
Speaker 4: Well, having a twenty five year radio.
Speaker 2: Career, Yeah you signed up for it, right, It wasn't against your will.
Speaker 1: You should have quit exactly. You were allowed to quit at any point. A dude sucked.
Speaker 4: I never met him, but.
Speaker 1: Wait, was he here?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I think it was like California. That's what I thought it was.
Speaker 2: It was somebody that worked for a couple of years, didn't get paid and then didn't get hired, and his or her parents were like, you.
Speaker 1: Didn't hire my kid. It was.
Speaker 2: Yeah again, kiss it, yeah, kiss it. A lot of us here at the fan did that. Yeah, a lot of people have interned at the fan and quit.
Speaker 1: That's what you do if you don't like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you don't see a light at the end of the tunnel and you don't think it's going the right way, then walk away. If you think there's a chance and you want to keep chasing it, keep chasing it. Guess whose choice it is yours?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you weren't, as far as I could remember, you weren't being abused. You were just told you had to work too often. And you can say I don't want to do that.
Speaker 1: Right, Well said right.
Speaker 2: And it's not like you know every two weeks you were like, hey, where's my paycheck?
Speaker 1: Right? Right? You knew zero zero how much you get and that's what you zero too.
Speaker 2: It's not like we fixed the glitch. It just made it zero.
Speaker 1: That was the deal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was a direct quote, Wow, Front Paid Sports is next.
Speaker 1: This is the Power Trip Morning Show on the Fan.
Speaker 7: Pop to your tickets from John Mulaney to the Smashing Pumpkins, My Chemical Romance and more.
Speaker 1: Don't wait.
Speaker 7: Enter at KFA dot com keyword contests.
Speaker 3: Happy Monday, Everybody Happy June.
Speaker 1: Here we sit.
Speaker 4: Liebra on his way in talk about the new GM and.
Speaker 3: The quarterback battle that happened this weekend, which, according to one article I.
Speaker 1: Read, was not a battle at all.
Speaker 4: Observer stated, essentially, give it.
Speaker 3: To him and he wasn't talking about the youngster.
Speaker 1: Hmm more than a bit.
Speaker 2: It's so remind me my memory is fading because we get up at four o'clock in the morning and it's you know, twenty five years in a normal Yeah, didn't Ben now say he can? It's seven and nine for the foreseeable future moving forward? Does he come in at seven now? All the time I think he.
Speaker 1: Said that, Oh was that right? Said that now? I thought it was just you might have told you guys that I didn't know that. I thought it was just that last Thursday. Because they are meaning got moved. I think it's permanently moved. I think I'm pretty sure it's seven and I moving forward.
Speaker 7: Hang on, daddy, how was that Thursdays and Mondays?
Speaker 2: I think so, Ben, if you're listening text me, he told me, And now I'm forgetting.
Speaker 1: If I'm morning, it looked like just tomorrow.
Speaker 2: No, I think it's always. I'm not talking about the text. I think he's flat out and told me that it's always.
Speaker 1: Now moving forward, Oh well that'd be great, sure, yeah, it'd be cool. Man. So now we just have to kill more time.
Speaker 2: What time is it?
Speaker 1: It's six h six.
Speaker 4: Don't you worry?
Speaker 1: I got enough for all of us. I got so much stuff today.
Speaker 2: Time now for front paid sports presented by Holiday Station Stores. Holiday Station Stores for a limited time by to get one free when it comes to red Bull mixing match any flavors you want of red Bull at our friends at Holiday, including that summer edition, but you can get the zero, get the regular one, any flavors you want, man, and just ladies nice.
Speaker 4: Once again, I got myself a hot pretzel.
Speaker 1: The other night.
Speaker 2: Cake donuts are badass.
Speaker 1: Cake and donuts combined. All of it sounds great. I want a birthday cake donut. What do you think of that? Why not? Thanks? Holiday? Than over the weekend.
Speaker 2: The San Antonio Spurs won Game seven against Oklahoma City in Oklahoma City, one eleven to one oh three, the first finals appearance for San Antonio in twenty fourteen, and they are now the essentially that's a keyword here. I'll get to that in a second. Essentially the second youngest Finals team ever. The reason why I said essentially instead of just flat out is that is based on weighted minutes. So you know, like they have Bismack Biambo, like who sits on the bench, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So if you have a couple of old.
Speaker 2: Guys on the bench, it's like, well, that technically skews the age of your quote team. But if you do weighted minutes, they are the second youngest Finals team ever. The only younger team was the seventy seven Trailblazers.
Speaker 1: There's a young team right right.
Speaker 2: Dylan Harper's twenty I think Castle's twenty one. Wenby's something like twenty two ish, yeah, twenty three ish, somewhere in that range. They're super young. Good for them, man, how about this for a crazy stat.
Speaker 1: Of the day. Check this out. So let's take a shot at this.
Speaker 2: Okay, So the Spurs beat the Thunder four times in the regular season, right, four out of five? Yeah, and now four times in the postseason. So the Spurs beat Oklahoma City eight times? How many times this year did the rest of the league combined beat the Oklahoma.
Speaker 1: City Thunder twelve? Not a bad guess? Fourteen?
Speaker 2: Okay, so the whole league beat them fourteen times?
Speaker 1: The Spurs beat them eight? Yeah? How about that game?
Speaker 2: One of the finals is against the New York Knicks Wednesday in San Antonio. Now, the New York Knicks have won eleven straight games, and they went two to one against the Spurs this season. And what's crazy is nobody cares about the NBA Cup, right.
Speaker 1: Who cares? Does? That's the only thing I care about? Yeah?
Speaker 2: But how long have we been doing it? Is this like year four? Let's just say it's something like year four. There was nothing before this doesn't it doesn't It hasn't. It always felt like, well, it's just kind of two random teams because you get a four game window or whatever to win enough games to get in. So it's not really a good indication of who's good or who's bad. Right, it just seems kind of random. You have to be better than bad but you have to be like just good for four games, then you're in. This is a.
Speaker 1: Rematch of the finals, right.
Speaker 2: The NBA Cup Final was New York and San Antonio.
Speaker 1: Who won?
Speaker 4: Hawk nobody's played it yet the New York Knicks did, Okay, So all I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Is it's felt.
Speaker 2: It feels like a random throwaway who cares tournament. But who would have ever guessed already four years in it would be a finals preview?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the nuts, that's insane, kind of insane. This is also a finals rematch from nineteen ninety nine.
Speaker 2: Wow, right in the middle of the olymp biscuit baby boom, the Spurs beat the Knicks twenty seven years ago.
Speaker 1: Good for them, man, I think I saw was it the first game of the season, rolled in wearing a Spurs and Nick's shirt from that era, like he wore it under like whatever outfit he was wearing. He wore that to like the opening game of the of the New York season.
Speaker 2: This.
Speaker 1: I don't know how I missed that. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think that's not weird that then that's the way it ended up. Why are you just saying things that everybody knows.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sorry. I knew Hawk knew that, I just didn't know the rest of you knew that. I just don't know I missed. Yeah, I'm sorry. Man, not.
Speaker 4: Pride myself on the wardrobe. Yeah, especially cat observations.
Speaker 1: I felt like you were going to say something. The Illinois House is about to adjourn. This is breaking news. Oh no, they won't vote on the Bear Stadium bill just sent over from the Senate unless a special session is called this summer. They won't be back until November. Do you remember. So it looks like it's going to Idaho. Wherever you guys said it was going. I don't think it was in Idaho.
Speaker 2: Hammond, Indiana named after John Hammond from Jurassic Park.
Speaker 1: Oh really sure? I didn't.
Speaker 4: Welcome to the Bears Stadium.
Speaker 1: That's actually excellent. Thanks Scottish. Yeah, that's how we sounds. So maybe you've seen this on social media, but I want to see if you can get this.
Speaker 2: Okay, what language do they speak in Idaho?
Speaker 1: English?
Speaker 2: Nailed it?
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you? On my game today. What do you think you would do if you lived in Idaho on a daily basis? Well, I think there's a bunch of really nice.
Speaker 2: Ski areas if you don't ski, Yeah, but I would pick it up if that was the climate I lived in. I don't think you wouldn't.
Speaker 4: I'm impressed that you've gone this entire time. After we mentioned Idaho, I didn't mention that that's named after your grandma Ida.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I wasn't going to brag. I don't think you would pick up skiing well I used.
Speaker 4: To his dad ski Well? Oh yeah, backseat about dodged Rango, My god.
Speaker 2: I think I think it was a very specific car. I think I would like to live in Idaho. Yeah, it's lovely.
Speaker 1: I think your wife would like you to live in Idaho. Sure? Wow?
Speaker 2: You know what I would do if I woke up every day in Idaho?
Speaker 1: Sauce? Can I give you a list of what I would do? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Wake up with coffee, camo, climb tree, wet line eighteen, fish hunt, golf, drink.
Speaker 1: That's what I would do. Is that the same? Does that guy have an Idaho song?
Speaker 2: No, Saxoid, I just told you what I would do if I woke up every day in Idaho. You want me to go through the list again?
Speaker 1: Because you didn't seem like you were paying attention. Hold on one second, What are you doing?
Speaker 2: I was just telling you what my daily routine would be in Idaho.
Speaker 1: You like golf for me today? Yeah? Go ahead? What would you do with in Idaho?
Speaker 2: Wake up up, coffee, Camo, climb tree, wetline eighteen, fish hunt, golf, drink.
Speaker 1: That's what I would do on a daily basis? Are you referring? Not referring to anything? I'm a Luke Bryan song. The guy who's had so much plastic surgery he can't cry? Are you a country music fan? Now you are? Holy? Why are you listening to that? Oh my gosh, he's changing. It's the new you. He cries, he roots for people, he doesn't cry, he does cry. You haven't heard this song yet? No, I guess it's I bet it's awful.
Speaker 2: Because everyone is dumping on it, saying this is the worst AI written song of all time, specifically the climb Tree part, wake Up Coffee, Camo, Climb Tree, They're going you just a I wrote these lyrics, dude, this is the worst country music song of all He's getting dunked so hard, so hard.
Speaker 1: He didn't change.
Speaker 3: He would have changed that if he didn't want it to sing to sing it that way true.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying it's AI. It just it is the most AI feel song of all time. It's terrible. Maybe that's what he's trying to appeal to.
Speaker 2: It's not working, he is if you go online, it is it is universally like what is this like?
Speaker 1: He is?
Speaker 2: Uh, And it sounds like he's not thrilled about it. Sounds like he's arguing in the comments and stuff and it's a it's a whole thing on the internet. Just check it out. It's interesting. They're letting him have it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is Luke Bryan's new song AI. We ask the songwriters fish wow?
Speaker 2: Okay, fish hunt, golf, drink that's what he does.
Speaker 1: That doesn't sound bad though, minus the fishing part. You hunt in that part, you don't drink much. So really you just want to golf, want to play golf like hogs Dad he does today. And you're not going to climb a tree. You're not going to climb tree. No, I'm not going to climb tree. Well unless it's my buddy. Maybe that's what he's referring to. Climb Anthony. I think Zach could climb tree. Okay? Is that right?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 7: Let's uh, let's see that tree turn around. Okay, oh that cool you off.
Speaker 1: Does anybody know what wet line means when you go fishing? Yeah, you wet a line, right, ye? Ask your dad? Yeah that sounded grosser.
Speaker 2: I think you actually mean that sincerely, but that sounds like.
Speaker 1: Ask your dad.
Speaker 2: Man, wake up, coffee, camo, climb tree, wet line eighteen.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that means.
Speaker 3: Wet line means going fishing, and eighteen means going golfing, So basically, just.
Speaker 1: There you go. Oh yeah, so that he does want to fish, hunt, golf drink.
Speaker 4: I want to dip my stick.
Speaker 2: I think you're going to wet line some things for eighteen holes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my crotch area, it's gonna be so damp. Yeah, you're gonna pray for a lightning storm.
Speaker 7: About this bridge A little chip, sip, rip a couple lips.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, man, he's getting drags so badly, you know, so badly.
Speaker 1: Whipping lips. He's putting dip in your lips. Yeah, yeah, we need a translator. I'm afraid which food plot sip.
Speaker 4: Sorry to tell you, I can translate the whole damn thing.
Speaker 1: I got my goals and they go like this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's just saying this is what he wants to do today.
Speaker 2: It's so bad and you're just reading the lyrics, so you should hear it. It's even worse when you hear it. It's really bad. But hey, some people probably like it, and that's fine.
Speaker 1: Kick a hangover, kicking in the woods. M So what he's saying. You've met him, right, hawk, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Quite a few times.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's the most improbable country music superstar that I've ever known. I can remember we were playing Wefest one year and Jason Aldean was the headliner and he was direct support. So we played first because you know that's how ghosts, and then there's a couple of bands. Then he played, and then all Dean was the headliner. And I remember standing outside of our bandwagon, our touring rig that we had, and his bus was part try beside us, and he was doing squats and doing his workout with this guy and he just had the most abnormal looking body I've ever seen in my life. And I remember thinking that he's got huge legs and it just a tiny right and so I didn't know anything about him. He was coming up at that time, and then he went on stage and played his set, and he did this thing in the middle of the show where he played on the piano and he was playing songs he didn't know, and I remember thinking, well, that doesn't work because he didn't you know, he was trying to play. The people would yell out a song and he'd try to play it, but he wouldn't know it. So he played and then he'd laugh.
Speaker 1: And I was like, wow, that's that's interesting.
Speaker 3: I don't know, man, you know. And then next year he was a huge superstar. I was like, wow, man, I missed it completely.
Speaker 1: I missed it. I didn't know he's a big big deal.
Speaker 2: There are there's a couple of freaks on the internet right that essentially you can throw any song at them and they can instantly play it.
Speaker 1: Right. It's they're just virtuo. So just unbeliever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if if Luke Bryan could do that right, just not have plants in the not Robert Plant, not have plants in the in the crowd yelling out request. But if you could just literally go what do you want me to play? It doesn't matter what you say. He can pretty much do it the second. That would be an awesome mid concert trick. But if it's like Doe Tom Thumpy booep, yeah, I don't know this one. It's like, yeah, that's the fifth song in a row you've watched.
Speaker 1: That's what like.
Speaker 3: They were like, hey, play heav him by uh Brian A. She's like tank tank to Tom, and then he laughed about it. I'm like, come on, man, you obviously don't have enough songs to play your entire set because you're brand new, so you gotta do things to kill time.
Speaker 1: I get it. Don't go Luke.
Speaker 2: Luke bran out of the corner of his mouth like Peter Herman chopsticks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and no, that's not gonna work.
Speaker 4: The Jaws theme, sing about what your daily routine is, the story you like golf?
Speaker 3: If you guys care, I'll tell you one more thing I do know about him. For some reason, the the the the head of his record label really loved him, like they were fishing buddies.
Speaker 1: So did they golf and hunt and drink too?
Speaker 4: They climbed tree.
Speaker 1: I know that. What did they wear? Camo? Probably Camo pry.
Speaker 3: So he made sure Luke got the best songs from the best songwriters.
Speaker 4: And if you got songs.
Speaker 1: That deal yeah right. I think my son wrote this one. Come on, don for dog.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good for Louie, Louie, What are you doing?
Speaker 1: Wake up? Yeah?
Speaker 2: That's what's the what's the drinking over there? Coffee?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Good, wake up coffee.
Speaker 1: We're going golf. What do you want to do when you're older? Climb tree? Okay? Cool?
Speaker 2: And we're gonna wake up. We're gonna put on some camo. We're gonna climb tree like we got some. He's also a better piano player than looking bro.
Speaker 1: Kill him. What really matters is next. This is the power of timorning too on the fan.
Speaker 9: It happens only once a year in Las Vegures.
Speaker 2: Our legendary iHeartRadio Music Festival presented by Capital One, is.
Speaker 1: Through July third.
Speaker 7: You can win with your your share with twenty five hundred dollars. Listen for the keyword entered at KFE and dot com starting at eight am and plan your ultimate US adventure.
Speaker 4: You have to do something eight o'clock to day's all right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have a keyword. Share is the keyword T word? Whoa man? Good idea? I agree? Hey Hawk, how was the response to your new song?
Speaker 2: So far?
Speaker 1: So good man? Thank you for asking.
Speaker 3: I'm excited people seem to like it, which is super cool.
Speaker 1: That's the song I wrote on the.
Speaker 3: Way home from Bob Higgins's retirement party, told you guys about.
Speaker 2: So they haven't the internet hasn't dragged it and said you just had a I write it and basically say it's the worst song I ever written. You're having a good weekend.
Speaker 4: One review I read said this was obviously not written by.
Speaker 2: That'd have been the worst time I ever found. Friday, Chris released a song and it was like, wake a five hour energy do a stupid show, go home.
Speaker 1: Just listen. Yeah, this is awesome. Lawyer is Lambert Lambert that wrote this. This is awesome. He's good.
Speaker 2: Yeps listened to it during the break It's not good.
Speaker 1: Was that the same party where Rosie came in screaming about how mean I am to him? No, that was.
Speaker 4: I believe Quasi's retirement party.
Speaker 1: Yeah I don't think, Yeah, I don't think. Crazy JM.
Speaker 2: Permanently retired from the Minnesota Vikings.
Speaker 4: Yeah this is a odd party.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is an odd party. All right, let's do what really matters. Brought to you by Ovo, Lasik and Lenz.
Speaker 2: Thanks to doctor Mark Webt Off on doctor David Rnning. But get lasik at oval Lesy g Lennz change your life, Okata.
Speaker 1: Says, change your face, right, so what's his face? Said that?
Speaker 2: So I did SmartLess a couple of weeks ago, did a live event and had Jonah Hill on. Yeah, And in the first fifteen minutes, Sean Hayes was saying that that morning he had had a forty five minute conversation with the gal that was on the International Space Station, like from the space station, that he got to talk to her for forty five minutes, right. He was telling the story before Jonah walked out, and she said to him something about how gravity affects your eyes when you're in outer space for that long and makes sense. It was something about it flattens out the back of your eyes and that essentially when she gets back to Earth she'll have twenty twenty vision. And I'm like, what now. So I guess my point is if you can't afford to go to the International Space Station, the best possible way to fix that then is just just go to ovallasing and lens. You can get lasic for free by just orbiting the Earth. That's been right. If you can go to the International Space Station, I would say, don't go to OVO. Just let gravity take its course. Otherwise, your best option is OVO lacing and lens. Yeah, I gotta know how that works though.
Speaker 1: That nuts? Yeah. Man.
Speaker 2: The gravity flattens some part of your eye and it corrects your vision.
Speaker 1: Well you want to hear something something crazy? Yeah? Man, So I like nobody call that. I know what you like that? Don't list it?
Speaker 2: Yeah right, we don't need another Lukebrian song.
Speaker 3: The PBS science thing, what does that nova? So I followed them on the on the old Facebook because they post like really interesting stuff. And I watched one last night talking about Einstein figuring out gravity because and it's it's put this in your brain. We didn't know what gravity, why we why we were on the planet and didn't float into space. We knew we didn't, but we didn't know why. So Einstein's like, I'm gonna figure this out. Here's what the guy said, and this is this document. Einstein wasn't very good at math.
Speaker 1: He he seems ridiculous.
Speaker 3: He was, you know, he was good at math, but he wasn't like a mathematician.
Speaker 1: He was a physicist.
Speaker 4: So he had a dude who was his buddy, who.
Speaker 3: Helped him with math, and they figured out that the reason there's gravity is because of of the of of space time is what they call it, and how objects moving through space changed the shape of time, and that I don't even know what I just said, but I'm just saying. The thing blew my mind was that Einstein wasn't very good at math. He had to have a buddy help him.
Speaker 2: With Well, that's I think his name was John Bagel, Right, what isn't that not.
Speaker 1: How I'm not sure. I don't know. That could be the everything seasoning guy, same guy. Yeah, is that right? Yep?
Speaker 2: So that is kind of awesome that one of the smartest people that ever lived sucked at math, or at least was just addequate.
Speaker 4: Was Yeah, we wouldn't be considered a mathematician.
Speaker 1: Sure, but he was a physicist.
Speaker 2: You've got to be smart enough to think, well, what if space and time are not separate?
Speaker 1: What if they're connected?
Speaker 3: Like if the thing that keeps us from being pulled into the magma is land? And I know that's obvious, but think about it, there's a there's a layer that keeps us from being pulled into the Earth, and that is Earth because of gravity, wants to pull us down into.
Speaker 2: The magma, the liquid hot magma, and of course the Earth is the ground is getting pulled down everything shah, pulled.
Speaker 1: Up stuff I don't know, is incredible. Yeah. I think that every day about it.
Speaker 4: No, yeah, yeah, we think that about you too.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, you you don't think it. You guys announced that it's in my contract as That's totally fine with me, man, as long as you keep me around.
Speaker 2: The Stanley Cup Finals start on Tuesday.
Speaker 1: That's tomorrow.
Speaker 2: The Vegas Golden Knights are at the Carolina.
Speaker 1: Hurricanes at seven o'clock.
Speaker 2: Game two is Thursday, and then game three Vegas Saturday.
Speaker 1: We all least basketball's over though. Wait, oh to Thursday. Okay, I thought you said game I thought you said game two or game one is tomorrow and game two is Saturday. No, game two is Thursday, Game three is Saturday in Vegas. I'll be there they go.
Speaker 2: No, the Carolina Hurricanes are the favorites to win on DraftKings at minus one fifty five. If you believe the Vegas Golden Knights can keep this going, there plus one thirty five.
Speaker 1: Sauce.
Speaker 2: This is Carolina's first appearance in the finals since what year?
Speaker 1: Just poster this up there, let me see here because this might be a dumb question. Dumb question, that's not very nice thing. Well, it's not last year because Florida played in it last year and they're in a different they're in the same division conference conference. That was a testy pass.
Speaker 2: Thanks.
Speaker 1: Ummm is it since they were the Hartford Whalers. Is that where you're asking me? No, because they were the Whale right, uh twenty fifteen.
Speaker 2: Uh, they won it in two thousand and six, and that was the last time they were there. But that's I'm a little surprised you're not more on the Carolina Hurricanes bend wagon because they were the Hartford Whalers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd like to see him win. We don't even want to whale win. Yeah, I want the Whale. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I always like to see when Vegas wins. Why because it's Vegas greatest city.
Speaker 1: But they don't want to see him win more people's money. Whose money would they be winning? Well? Uh? Luke Bryan's oh god, yeah, thanks.
Speaker 2: Do you guys believe that Las Vegas is the greatest symbol of Western culture.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's probably what's interesting you bring that up.
Speaker 2: It's our greatest accomplishment Las Vegas, Nevada, because.
Speaker 4: I brought it in some magazines today, because I'm bringing magazines.
Speaker 1: Back because you love me. Did you do you still get like what? Noa kan that's on the cover of the Mexican holding up on But he had like a Tourette's outbreak, but he just walked by. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: Wanted to point him out, there's I'm over here there, no con It looks nothing like I expected him to.
Speaker 1: By the way, it seems like a nice guy. Still, it seems like a really good dude.
Speaker 4: Seems to love him.
Speaker 1: I next season is a ten out of ten. I'm going to start.
Speaker 4: Listening because people seem to love him.
Speaker 3: And he starts like that really good guy magazine where they have an article on American icons, and I want to go over them with you guys later, because you know, America turns to fifty this year and it's been a good run, you know. But I think it's interesting the list of iconic things that are specifically American that they point out.
Speaker 4: Like road trips and backyard hoops and protest songs, and folk music some interesting things.
Speaker 1: Road trips aren't universal.
Speaker 4: Well they are not because you think about America. That's the thing about America. You can drive from here to a million miles away without having to cross a border and show your your documentation. You can take a road trip and go anywhere and be anywhere you want.
Speaker 2: You can live today like Mexico's giant, Australia's giant, Canada's giant, Russia's giant. China is pretty big.
Speaker 1: Interesting America. Didn't know that you've pissed off Ben. He's about to leave. Ben's piss Ben? What's up? Guys? What I miss? On the way from the parking garage up here, we.
Speaker 2: Were talking about it. I asked that is Las Vegas the greatest, you know, basically achievement of the Western world, Because I would argue it is, and it's not even close.
Speaker 1: I think you're correct.
Speaker 7: They throw the male clinic into that mix that no, you can't get well, I mean, I don't know who you're gambling there, but.
Speaker 1: That's in Las Vegas exactly. Yeah, Vegas.
Speaker 2: It's not just the casinos, it's the all encompassing idea of legalized prostitution, legalized weed, the technology on the Vegas Strip, like the sphere, and then of course, uh, you know, betting on Roulette.
Speaker 1: Sports books.
Speaker 4: We know you're a big fan of the Veach.
Speaker 3: But what about uh that valley where they make computers.
Speaker 2: Silicon Valley, it's the one. I believe that's a place off the strip as well. There's a place called Silicon Valley that Rosy and Lawyer Lambert frequently.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I believe you can motor boat in Silicon Valley, are correct sir.
Speaker 2: I mean, we built an oasis in the middle of a desert and it works right.
Speaker 1: Pools, pools and running water and showers. It's in the middle of the desert. We did that. We did that renewable water too. That shouldn't be sustainable, but we did it.
Speaker 7: Every is recycled in Vegas.
Speaker 1: You can tell gross.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you something, brother, that's so weird.
Speaker 1: I swear to guy.
Speaker 4: You guys were with me last night, but I was laying a bed.
Speaker 3: I watched the nova thing on them recycling water in the Los Angeles Basin out of your turd water, and they actually showed the turds being removed from the water.
Speaker 1: God, that's your dad's favorite and I was thinking to myself, don't you wish you could do that? And then a guy walked over.
Speaker 4: And he's like, Okay, this is the pre this is turd water, and then this is the turds have been removed, and now this is the final product. And he reaches his cup in and drinks right out of Him'm like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wake up, tirdwater cam.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, Dwight's dream would have been better. We need to co write this song together.
Speaker 9: In all seriousness, in all seriously, when you're watching that that guy in the pre water, yeah, the slurry, Yeah, are they in a hazmat suit?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: No, well he wasn't at the time.
Speaker 1: No. No, I mean, don't you think.
Speaker 9: That you even just the off, the off gassing of the slurry water. Do you imagine in the amount of fecal pink eye that's in the air like hot?
Speaker 1: That's like, I don't feel like you even stand around that pool of poop slurry without getting sick from something.
Speaker 3: I just even just the smell of it. You're right, h there weren't a bunch of flies.
Speaker 1: Oh you know how many method phetamines are in there? Gallotsts, gallots.
Speaker 2: This is making me thirsty.
Speaker 9: Yeah, if you drink that that slurry water, you not only would be drinking poop, but all sorts of like drugs.
Speaker 1: Fantastic, Yeah, just drink.
Speaker 4: Back before they decided they were going to do this with their their poopy water, they used to just send it in pipes.
Speaker 1: Way out into the ocean, Oh for sure.
Speaker 4: And they showed the end of the pipe.
Speaker 1: It's just here you go. The fishies are like, they're loving it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yes, yeah, it looked distressed.
Speaker 1: Donald Lutrians. Yeah, Dwight the shark was just frolling. Oh yeah, Dwight food shark. Oh poor Dwighty shark, whity shark shark. Yeah, he was.
Speaker 5: Loving it, loving it yet watching Nova for a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, where did you even find that? I followed?
Speaker 2: Okay, so you didn't watch it on Channel two, you didn't watch it on PBS.
Speaker 1: It was just a way brilliant interesting. Man. I learned a lot and I grossed out. Man, Just a lot of turn fantastic lot of poop. More of what really matters with Ben Leeber after this. This is the Power Troom Morning.
Speaker 2: Join the van from the one eight hundred ask Gary Traffic Center. This this report is sponsored by Total Comfort, your trusted HVAC professionals.
Speaker 1: Good morning, It's official.
Speaker 7: Finally The Power Trips twenty fifth birthday batch is on boot at Treasure Island November fifth and sixth. Join us for a free comedy show beeaturing Kelsey Cook, Chad Daniels, Syaminson and Tommy Ryman Thursday and then Initials Game both days and Yes, Vegas Trips are up for grads registering out for free cafe dot Com Slash two five twenty five.
Speaker 1: So cool, It's gonna be fun. Hell yeah, man, all right, let's do more of what really matters. Ben Leber is here.
Speaker 2: Let's start with this one, Ben, Since you're here, why not. The Vikings are hiring Seahawks Nolan Teasley as their general manager. He has spent thirteen seasons with Seattle. Started as an intern, ended up being assistant general manager or assistant to the general manager if you watch the office. Roberzinski will remain as executive VP of football Operations. According to sources, but something called Nolan Teasley.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean, I guess I'm I'm a little bummed that our guy Brazinski didn't get the job. I really thought that he was more than qualified and would love to see him get the opportunity because I thought that he did a great job during the draft. And I guess we you know, we'll never know. It'll be a couple of years before we really know the final results of this year's draft, but I thought, I thought their approach to the draft was something that we can all appreciate, the type of players that they're going for, what their methodology was, I thought it was well executed. So we'll see on that whole front. But it's nice that he's going to stick with the organization. And I really thought that as they narrowed everything down and they had all these candidates and so many of them had Vikings connections, actually haven't been with the Vikings before, and then they had they had Teasley as the outline or it does make sense to me that if it's not going to be Brazinski, who, like I said, well respected, been with the organization over twenty plus years, if you're not going to go with him, then I think that you have to go with the outside voice. You have to go with the guy that knows fresh off the Super Bowl, so many connections with Schneider the GM there, and you know he himself being a Saint Thomas graduate, having a lot of Vikings connections, a lot of close personal relationships. I'm sure that was a huge part in this process, that they felt really comfortable with an outside voice and a guy that when you actually look at Nolan's personality, he's a guy that sounds like he has no ego, is just hey, we're here all about football.
Speaker 1: It's all about the ball.
Speaker 9: It's all about just finding good players and just good people and that's it. And he doesn't have to he doesn't have to have this main character syndrome, doesn't have to be, you know, craving the spotlight. It sounds like with all the reports that he is truly just a football guy through.
Speaker 1: And through from the time that he started.
Speaker 9: So I sort of like, how the the idea the in the again, the methodology went from analytics fall on one hundred percent analytics and they say, let's just get back to football, let's go with the football guy, and so excited to see what Nolan can do.
Speaker 1: But what really matters is this.
Speaker 3: Marianne Franco in nineteen ninety three lost her vision after being in a severe car accident. Suffered a stroke as well, twenty three to eight years later, she tripped, fell over some tiles in her home, had to have surgery and her spine.
Speaker 4: When she woke up she could see. Nobody knows why.
Speaker 2: Geez so again, Unless you want to get into a car accident and then fall down twenty three years later and knock your vision back, just go to Oval Lasik and doctor David Whiting in Doctor Market.
Speaker 1: I think I'd rather go to space than have that happen.
Speaker 2: Yep, yeah, the car crash part, not the Oval.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Oval is great. Yeah. Yeah, the car crash thing, broken back thing, that pass fascinating. Speaking of car crashes, sauce.
Speaker 2: Yesterday on Twitter, you let me scroll here, let me scroll. Hang on, hold, please hold, Please talk amongst yourselves right on either a road nor I want to discuss.
Speaker 1: Hang on, hang on. I wasn't in the car round. Did you go blind at least temporarily? Yesterday? Last week? That was last weekend?
Speaker 2: Mm now I don't see it, but I know you tweeted at some point about the Jane Mansfield documentary that hawks suggested you watched it, and you said you posted a picture or a gift of Matthew McConaughey crying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's uh unbelievable. Hockey was correct. I didn't know a lot about Jane's Manfield. Is that how you said Jane Jane's manfield? Jane's manfield? Yeah, that's nobody telling Jane.
Speaker 2: And here with another chance to say her name correctly?
Speaker 1: Is the fans, Paul Lambert Jane Mansfield got it? Okay. I didn't know a lot about her, but the story is incredible. There's about forty five minutes of it. We're like, this is a regular documentary. What was Hawk talking about? And then it flips and you're like, holy smoke. The last like forty five minutes of it are perfection. It's so good, the twist that it takes that you really don't see coming, and it's just a wonderful, wonderful documentary. I can see why Hockey loves Law and Order SVU because the lady that put it together is outstanding. It's really really good. And I we rip him a lot because you know, he says some shows and we're like, there's no way that's good. He was one hundred percent correct about this showy pretty incredible. Yeah, it's incredible, that's true.
Speaker 3: It's all true, and you're finding out the truth about her life. As she's finding out the truth about her life. I just can't believe the I mean, the look on her face is unbelievable crazy.
Speaker 4: Hmm, that's got hard gay, she's so hot.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, it's very good. Thank you for trusting a couple of heave cries too, lord.
Speaker 9: Yeah, speaking of movies or shows, Corey two episodes into Widows.
Speaker 1: Bay and it's definitely pulled me in sure too. Specifically, right, that's the house, that's where they go to the and that's when they go to the inn.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's where it starts to feel episodic, right, because it feels like that was.
Speaker 1: Like a one off if they just go to the inn.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yep, yeah, I mean slightly. One part of it was predictable, Yeah, the other part of it yep. Yeah, that that was surprising. But yeah, I like it.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah right on?
Speaker 2: Yeah, ten out of ten, good wreck, Yeah, Big Fan. Episode three is badass too, my turn, No, it's your turn.
Speaker 1: Still. What really matters is this.
Speaker 3: I'd like you guys know about Jane August Blankman, also known as Fanny White. What Fanny Watt one of the most successful courtisans of Antebellum New York City.
Speaker 2: There are so many words in the last ten seconds that have confused the entire group.
Speaker 1: What's a what's a what? Courtison? Like the shot? She always she had a whorehouse. She was the saucy. Yeah.
Speaker 3: She was known for beauty, her wit, and her business documen. In fact, she accumulated so much money over the course of her career that is thought that her husband poisoned her for her money in her mid thirties.
Speaker 4: Fanny White. Ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 1: Normally the other way around.
Speaker 2: Right, When women kill their mates, it's almost always a passive way of killing them, like poisoning.
Speaker 4: Her birth name Jane Funk.
Speaker 2: Bring in de noise, bring in Defunk.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 3: She found out that people didn't want to use her as a prostitutor. For last name was Funky, changed it to Fanny White.
Speaker 1: Yeah again except for Napoleon. There you go, he's in.
Speaker 4: Nobody talks more Napoleon than we.
Speaker 1: Do, but nobody does. You are correct? What color her ass was? Fanny White? Oh? Got it? Why I thought you were talking about the star. Dear God, come on, come on back in the day he's been here in a while, back in the day. In no way. She was.
Speaker 4: Hygenny, you need.
Speaker 1: Help, man, I don't know why I need help?
Speaker 2: Yeah, why does he need help?
Speaker 1: You talk to about fine? He talks about boobs a lot.
Speaker 3: So I don't know if you know, but boobs are located above the anus.
Speaker 1: Well, not the ladies. You like what the old ladies?
Speaker 4: Oh good place to what you're saying, because yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: You like the sag effects.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, you like saggy like a girl's gotta you know, move him out the way when she tightens her bad.
Speaker 1: You like him, do what you can, just like it's like a blanket. You can just grab one and just roll over with that's right. You like to knock him around.
Speaker 4: I don't want to have to get up off the couch to my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. I don't know, man. Heavily rumored today that A. J.
Speaker 2: Brown is going to get traded to New England because after June first, his forty million dollars salary cap charge can be split between two years, which is twenty six and twenty seven. So the hot rumor is that he might be traded today after three o'clock. If only we had somebody that could do anything it takes to get inside information to find out if this trade was.
Speaker 1: Going to happen or now. Yeah, a good point, like anything like whatever it takes. Yeah, yeah, tie down.
Speaker 2: The Eagles drafted wide receiver mackay Lemon in round one, so they already have a J. Brown's replacement, and the Patriots need to replace Stefan Digs. So it makes a ton of sense. But we'll see that might be today after three o'clock. What really matters, though, is this interesting?
Speaker 4: The inflatable arm flailing tube.
Speaker 3: Man Yeah used car dealership, Yeah right, wasn't invented until nineteen ninety six. It was created for the Atlanta Summer Olympics by a Trinidaddian named Peter Minshaw.
Speaker 1: Did not know that. I assume that was around since the sixties or seventies.
Speaker 4: Yeah right to me, I know it seems older than that. Done it interesting in nineteen ninety six.
Speaker 1: More proof than nineties were the best. Yeah they were the greatest. Yeah you say that. Yeah, the nineties had tag team? What the band? Tag team?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, back again, you were done with your sentence, So yeah, it was Yeah, they're going to say a tag team is.
Speaker 2: So the main reason why the nineties were the best? Yeah, was the hip hop group tag team?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Back again? Yeah they are back again. Check it to rec it. Let's begin party on part of people. Let me hear some noise. DC's in the house, jump jump for joy.
Speaker 4: And you guys a ripping on Luke Bryan's lyrics.
Speaker 1: I mean, tag teams ten thousand times better. Whoomp? There it is is way better. They didn't have Ai at their disposal, I can tell. Yeah, I'm sure. Yeah, I'm sure he liked that. The year he was drafted, was it not ninety six? Yes, sir, one of the best drafts in NBA history, maybe of all time. Yeah, it's in the convererce.
Speaker 2: It's like top three or four because that was Ai.
Speaker 1: Cold Toobe Marbarray, Allen Marbury, Dusty mind. Thanks. Steve Nash was in that draft. Yeah, it was loaded.
Speaker 4: Check this out, guys, Andy, But I got it to the former quarterback of the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Same.
Speaker 4: Listen to this, hey, Ben, you're listening, I'm listening. Are you familiar with Panamanian drug lord and dictator Manuel Noriega?
Speaker 1: Absolutely? Yeah, one of my favorites.
Speaker 3: He had no idea. He was featured as a villain in Call of Duty Black Ops two, until his grandchildren asked him why he was a target in the game.
Speaker 2: Geez, when did that game come out? This the Noriega things?
Speaker 4: I told Ryan early and then because here's here's.
Speaker 2: Why I ask. This is one of those things where it's like, that's a name. I feel like I've known for my entire life. I don't know anything about him outside of the name. If you would have told me he died in nineteen eighty three.
Speaker 1: I'd say that sounds right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's like the same thing when you hear that Pablo Picasso lived into the nineteen seventies. You're like, I thought he died three hundred years ago. So if Noriega is alive during Call of Duty two twenty twelve, I would have lost a lot of money. Yeah, wow, is he still alive? Dumb questions? I have no idea is he alive?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know. I thought he died in a car bomb. I thought he dies like nineteen twelve. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Idea, no idea, man, You and don't hear JB.
Speaker 1: Diega.
Speaker 3: He died on May twenty nine, twenty seventeen, twenty seventeen. How do you know, how do you not know that you're from the neck up way before that?
Speaker 2: That's correct, very true.
Speaker 1: That's mean. Lord.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think he had a real solid skin regimen, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, his routine.
Speaker 9: How do you not know that you're one of the most notorious people on the planet.
Speaker 1: I bet he was like, that's cool. Yeah, that's me man, Like, do you think Kim John un thinks? Does he is?
Speaker 9: He shocked that eventually he finds out they're like, what, I'm not well liked?
Speaker 1: Yeah, here's the thing. I mean that self part Yeah to America World Police.
Speaker 4: Here's the thing.
Speaker 3: Ben Lieber and Corey Kove and meets Us pauller Bert and Zach Comvererson and all listeners of The Power Trip. Everybody is the star of their own movie. Nobody thinks they're the bad guy.
Speaker 1: Well said hmmm, very well said, thank you. Mm hmmm.
Speaker 4: I think I said that well and you told me that I did, and I feel good about it.
Speaker 2: I think Billie Eilish knows she's the bad guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably.
Speaker 4: Even if you're the one who knocks you think you're a good guy.
Speaker 1: Could you raise your kid and you like him? Duh? Great shoe? Interesting, so sauce. Are you self aware to know that you're the bad guy? Sometimes?
Speaker 4: Yeah, some dimes sometimes?
Speaker 1: How hard did you cry to our bird Cage this weekend?
Speaker 4: I love that movie. Yes, if it's on and I see it, you have to watching it. There's no way around it.
Speaker 1: It's the shoes. They make me fall down. Call me so good. The news is next, the power to the morning to you after this the van from the one eight hundred Ask Gary Traffic Center. This report is sponsored by Treasure Island. Good morning, we have delays ninety four East