Speaker 1: News Radio seven hundred WLW. Mike Allen Junior Saturday night muscle memory almost forced me to say, Sunday night, you have not been roofeed, you were not hallucinating. I'm filling in tonight, and honest to God, I have no idea who I'm even feeling in for the great Yet Armbruster text me the other day said, hey, can you fill in Saturday night?
Speaker 2: Mike? I said, yeah, I have no life.
Speaker 1: I have nothing to do on a Saturday night here I am, but honest to God, I can't think of anything else I'd rather be doing than talking at and with you all. Seven four nine, und The big one are the numbers to call. What a great Saturday, y'all. It's beautiful outside. Buck guys get the win today over Illinois Bearcats get the win.
Speaker 2: They're undefeated. What else is going on?
Speaker 1: We got finally, We'll talk about this in the in the next couple of segments. Israel and Palestine, specifically Hamas have apparently come to some sort of agreement that may look like peace. There has been a ceasefire apparently on Monday the remaining hostages, the Israeli hostages, are to be released. President Trump is going to be flying to the Middle East to oversee all of this and be there for the actual signatures to this peace agreement. Got to be honest. It is unbelievable that he was able to pull this off. But what's even more unbelievable is that the mainstream media and actually Hillary Clinton crawled out of her crypt to give Donald Trump credit for this, which is just it is, I crap, you not more shocking than the peace deal itself. Also, the government is shut down. There's nothing going on this weekend as far as any votes to be taken to reopen the government. It looks like they're not going to come back till Tuesday. Also, James Comey has been indicted. He was standing where he should be standing tall in front of the man during his arraignment earlier this week. Also in the eight thirty hour, we're going to be talking to Sean Porter all the way up in Cleveland.
Speaker 2: Some sports.
Speaker 1: We're going to be talking about what we got going on, MLB playoffs, who he thinks is going to go to the World Series, who he thinks college football who's going to be in the playoff. Also going to talk about something that's really interesting to me, and that's this saga of arch Manning at Texas. He is the son of I believe Cooper Manning, who is the son of the original Archie Manning, who is the father of Peyton and Eli Manning. We're going to talk about whether or not he is the first real true college football bust. We always talk about NFL Draft bus, but in the era of the transfer portal and nil deals and all the money flying around in college football, I think it's a safe question to ask. And I believe an article in The Athletic ask that same question. We'll be talking to Sean about that. But in the opening segment, well, and of course I want to hear from you seven four nine, seven thousand when it hurt the big one of the numbers to call. In the first segment, I want to talk about the mayoral race here in Cincinnati a couple of nights ago. Corey Bowman, he is the Republican I guess nominee for mayor, faced off at Zavor University against the incumbent Democrat Mayor Aftam Purival. And I'm just gonna come out and say this, Corey Bowman took him to school. Megan, can you play that first clip.
Speaker 3: Please look, I'm so glad that we started with crime because, without question, this council and I have made crime the top priority in our community. For the first time in a very long time, police officers are out of their squad cars and onto the street, walking beats, interacting with the community, hearing from neighbors exactly what they're scared of. For the first time in a very very long time, we are actually enforcing the curfew and it has been extraordinarily successful.
Speaker 4: What the mayor did just say there is that for the first time you're seeing that. But last time I checked, he's been in office ever since four years ago, So why is it just happening now? The problem with city Hall right now is we're being reactive instead of proactive.
Speaker 3: What's important, though, is a candidate with experience, with specifics on how we're going to address the crime, both the perception and the reality that too many people are victims of violent crime.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about that night whenever all the violence happened. The reason why that violence happened wasn't because of the music festival. It wasn't because of the race aspect. It happened because administratively, you guys failed. The chief got on on a press conference has said that there were eleven officers in the third the third shift Central Business District. I looked at the Kronos report and there was three officers and only two PVOs that night. What that means is that you did not fully equip your city to be safe that night on one of the largest populated nights of our city. And that's what we're going to change, is we're going to be proactive when I'm mayor of Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: Boom roasted in the words of the Great Michael Scott, tonight, we're going to do something we haven't done for a while, and that is fire up the proverbial DeLorean and we're going to go back in time here. Okay, twenty seventeen headline, Fox nineteen. Now Cincinnati Mayor A. F. Tappurival will not cooperate with ICE agents and remove of illegal immigrants. So you have aftab pure of aol just saying there that I'm so happy we're talking about crime, and YadA, YadA, YadA, YadA. He does not care. It's just that simple. It was somebody who cared would welcome ICE into their city to get out criminal illegal gangbangers. And the hilarious quote from all the way back in twenty seventeen was there is no role for municipalities and federal immigration enforcement. We're going to follow the law now only in liberal lunatic land, only in aft have pure of all delusion? Can you say out loud that obstructing federal law is actually following the law. But you know, goodness knows anything goes but good news, folks, despite your own eyes and ears. After have pure of All cleared up all the confusion and let us all know that he does not need to care about crime because crime is down in Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: Hooray.
Speaker 1: And look, I'm getting ahead of myself here because this liar is continuously saying that crime is down in the city and it's just not true. It's just not true. And here is where the lie is. Through July twenty seventh and twenty twenty five, there were nine hundred and ninety five crimes reported in the city of Cincinnati. That's up from six fifty two during the same time period in twenty twenty four. It's up from five hundred and eighteen in twenty twenty three and five ninety and twenty twenty two these are you check my sources. This is the Cincinnati Police Department's crime statistics. Now I went to Elder and that's same Elder that's now number one in the state of Ohio and in high school football. But I digress, nine hundred and ninety five is bigger than six hundred and fifty two. Nine hundred and ninety five is bigger in five hundred and eighteen. Nine hundred and ninety five is a larger sum than five hundred and ninety. So again by my elder, math that is, crimes reported, especially in downtown are up thirty percent over a four year average. So he can't mayor he can't math. Uh, this guy should not be reelected, folks. He has previously said time and time again that the specific area of downtown where that horrible, horrible fight happened after the jazz festival, and that's just not call it a fight, a beatdown. He is non stop set over and over that this area had historically low crime rates and that they will quote make changes to how we police in that area as a result of the incident. Again, this is total bs because I see it every day in court and what you guys heard on that clip, for example, was Corey Bowman pointing out that they were three police officers operating uniform police officers operating out of the Central Business District. You know how I know that's true. Let me tell you a little story again, we'll get into DeLorean. A long time ago, maybe a couple of years, I represented a young man and I've spoken to.
Speaker 2: Him about this.
Speaker 1: He's cool with me talking about I'm not going to say any names or anything, who was savagely and I mean savagely beaten by a bouncer at one of the establishments at the banks. Again, not going to say who or where, and I'm not going to name names, but this beating took place literally right in front of the Central Business District office at the banks, right there, right in front of the taco joint. And this is like brutal, brutal. I mean, this kid was getting a hell beat out of him. And there's three or four videos that were on cell phone that I got sent to me after this kid had hired me. So I call up Central Business District. I'm like, hey, guys, has anybody been charged? And this They had no idea what I was talking about. So literally, my client gets the you know what beat out of them, goes home, doesn't talk to the police because no police showed up, doesn't go to the hospital because nobody took them. And Central Business District didn't even know that this happened until I sent them a cell phone video. That's it. They had no idea. Now, again, this was not negligence on cpdeast part. They can only work with what they got. This was not them turning a blind eye. This was not you know, somebody's saying, I don't feel like messing with these drunk people. When I spoke to CPD Central Business District, do you know how many officers they had working after a prime time Bengals game where there's probably about one hundred thousand people at any given time in that tiny little area at the banks. They had free uniform police officers working that night. That's how I know Corey Bowman is telling a truth. There for seventy thousand people three this guy, and when I say this guy, I mean Mayor purrevol does not care. He just does not care. He only cares about his next political office. Ask anyone involved in the court system, they'll tell you. When he was clerk of courts he didn't want to be there. He ran for Congress and then lost in this hilarious campaign meltdown where he blew like a six point lead. He got blown up for a bunch of campaign finance violations. And look, all politicians are selfish, man like, there's got to be a little narcissism in anybody like that. But the reality is is Cincinnati has just face planted into another violent crime epidemic four days ago. This guy is at a ribbon cutting for low income housing, you know, fresh off the heels of no confidence votes from Cincinnati police. He's at a ribbon cutting for housing. Why because housing is the is the Democrat issue d jore nationally. Nationally, it is a national talking point. And he is a politician with national office aspirations. So why would he care about young black men killing each other? Why would he care about downtown business owners wanting to shut her up and run for the hills. And like most Democrats, if he repeats the same thing over and over again that crime is down in the city of Cincinnati, it magically comes true. And if he can cook the books, for lack of a better term, he doesn't have to talk about it.
Speaker 2: He can continue doing easy things like cutting ribbons.
Speaker 1: But you know, why would he care about, you know, the desperate pleas of a widow of a guy who is murdered in his own home after a sociopath off his ankle monitor. You know, why would he care about the despot please of that woman's or of that man's widow begging the city to do something about this?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 1: Why are we surprised that he wouldn't demand a councilwoman, specifically Victoria Parks, resign after she said that these folks who were beaten after the jazz festival deserved everything that they got. Why are any of us surprised that he couldn't even be bothered to fly home from vacation after videos of a violent mob attacking random people in the middle of the street are blasted all over the world. Why are any of a surprised anyway? That's what I think. I want to know what you think. Seven four nine, seven thousand win the big one of the numbers to call if you guys think that's the only reason he shouldn't be mare. I got about five more coming up after the break. Mike Allen Junior on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Hey, we're back.
Speaker 1: News Radio seven hundred WLW. Mike Allen Junior Saturday night got me to about nine o'clock.
Speaker 2: Then I think Gary Jeff After that till midnight.
Speaker 1: We are talking about the debate between Cincinnati Mayor f Tad Pureval and the guy who wants that job and in my opinion, deserves that job, Corey Bowman.
Speaker 2: And I'm just.
Speaker 1: Doing my best as somebody who loves this city to convince any listener living in the Cincinnati area or living within the Cincinnati city limits, excuse me to convince you that f Tab Purevol does not deserve to be re elected. And we were talking about his refusal to cooperate with Ice to get violent, illegal criminal gang bangers out of our city. He's also refusing to take the full, the full offer, so to speak, from Governor Dwine, to have some of the Ohio State Patrol come down to help with Cincinnati's shortage and police officers. They are about two hundred cops short from operating at full capacity. And not only that, we had this beating after the jazz festival where he literally could not be bothered to fly home from vacation after videos and images were blasted across social media and frankly had made international news of mobs of people beating the hell out of people in the middle of the street. Right after the jazz festival, we found out that there were three uniform police officers working out of the Cincinnati Business District that night. And I can tell you that's actually true because I've had many cases in my practice that have essentially demonstrated, especially with the Cincinnati Business District, that they are just not enough officers down there. And again CPD is two hundred short. And this guy's been there for four years. And we played a clip earlier in the debate where Corey Bowman and here going back and forth, and he's talking about we're doing all of these things for the first time, and it's like, all right, man, you've been here for why are you just now doing this?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 1: And he anybody who knows Cincinnati politics, this guy has his eyes on national politics.
Speaker 2: He has his eyes on national office.
Speaker 1: And you know, for somebody that doesn't really have any personal investment, because that's the thing is he talks about everything that we built. You didn't build a damn thing, dude, You didn't build anything. After the riots, in two thousand and one, A lot of people did a lot of work to rebuild this city, and I don't think he really understands how bad it was.
Speaker 2: In two thousand and one.
Speaker 1: We are at the brink of losing our beautiful downtown because of this guy. I mean, there's just there's literally, I mean this wholeheartedly, it is because of him. So you know, why are we surprised when he couldn't be bothered to fly home from vacation to try and stop the bleeding on In my opinion, the most embarrassing thing to happen in Cincinnati, I mean, other than sports since two thousand and one. I mean, that was flat out embarrassing. I remember, I'll never forget this. Going to visit a college back in like two thousand and four, and it was my cousin was going there and he took me. You know, obviously I didn't really care about visiting the college. I wanted to visit the fraternity. And I'm shaking hands with people and they're like, where you're from from Cincinnati? Oh, oh wow, you're from Cincinnati. I mean it was like I may as well have said I was from Compton or Detroit. I mean, it was like, man, is it that bad? And over twenty years we rebuilt that and we are, I mean this an inch away from losing it. So we have this beating downtown. The entire city is embarrassed. He doesn't come home, and of course there's a lot of crazy people out there saying crazy things on social media, and like always in twenty twenty five America, race has to be sucked into the conversation, and there are a lot of agitators and idiots like Iris Rawley and idiots because that's just what she is. Victoria Parks basically saying that these people deserved it and that they were angry, that I swear to God that a white person had not been charged. And that's despite and we'll point out she's a Democrat, Hamilton County Prosecutor County Pillich saying these people should not be charged. Despite CPD saying these people should not be charged. The response was for the City of Cincinnati and the city solicitor to lean on the police to charge mister Chevinsky, a Russian guy. And I'm sorry, buddy, if I'm screwing your name up. Who is a victim in the beating with disorderly conduct because I kid you not, they needed a white person charge. Now important to this conversation is understanding the different players here. There is the Hamilton County Prosecutor's Office, which prosecutes misdemeanors in Hamilton County that are outside of the city. Right, So like Green Township or Cole Rain or Springfield Township. The Hamlin County Prosecutor's Office prosecutes misdemeanors that are committed outside of the city limits in the county and felonies that are committed anywhere in Hamlin County. So if you have a murder in downtown Cincinnati, the Hamilton County Prosecutor's Office would prosecute that murder because it's a felony.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: So the City Solicitor's office handles misdemeanors that are charged within the city of Cincinnati. So now that we got that distinction, the response from the city, even though everybody else involved in this said there is no crime to charge, the response was for the city solicitor and the police, and that's Attorney Emily Werner, the city solicitor who in part runs the City Prosecutor's office, to charge one of the victims of this beating the white fellow because again they needed a white eye charge. And this is the City Solicitor's office, which is the city prosecutor's office, and the pure of administration's blatant political meddling. And this is the worst I've ever seen, at least locally. Overruling the police officers and prosecutors for cheap political points is disgusting and frankly, those who were involved in this should be completely ashamed of themselves, but they have no shame. And I'm just going to say this, and I'll probably regret it, but frankly, I don't care. This is nothing new for the City of Cincinnati Prosecutor's office.
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 1: It's just not I day in and day out, I see it. Ask any defense attorney in the City of Cincinnati. They will say the exact thing, if they're being honest with you. This is nothing new for Miss Warner's office. And I'm again cleared this with my clients to talk about it. I have had in the last three years three or four cases that, thank god, thank god, I was able to beat the case for my clients because they genuinely didn't do anything wrong here. I've had three or four cases where I've gotten not guilty verdicts on cases where the police have told the prosecutors that they made a mistake or that they investigated for and the case had no merit anymore. Thank god I got not guilty verdicts on him, because that's just that's what I do.
Speaker 2: I mean, I.
Speaker 1: Smoke arrogant, shady prosecutors with severe daddy issues for a living. It's fun. But what about those people that are charged. I'm gonna give a direct quote from a member of that office. We would rather try cases and lose them rather than dismiss them. So not only is that shady, that's an actual ethical violation. So the city Prosecutor's office continuing to prosecute this man, mister Chevinsky, is an actual ethical violation that you can be suspended from the practice of law for. And what's astonishing to me is normally you have to report those things. This is right here for everyone to see. I hope to God that mister Chevinsky has a very good lawyer, and I hope that when he does get the not guilty verdict that is an enviable he files bar complaints against every single prosecutor involved in charging his client, because I'm telling you right now, folks, he is not new. This guy is joins a very, a not exclusive club of people that the City of Cincinnati continues to prosecute unethically when they cannot prove that case or have no probable cause to prosecute the case. It happens every freaking day, every day down there. My hope is that these people who prosecute this man, who made the decision to prosecute this man, because it's one thing to charge the guy to continue the prosecution. My hope is that these people will be held accountable and frankly have to hand in their law license because they should not be practicing law if they are that, if they are using the power of the state to prosecute a person for political purposes, I cannot think of a better reason to disbar somebody. So, you know, for a have to have pureival. Emily Werner, the city Solicitor, I have this to say. You guys paint black lives matters in front of city Hall. You guys have your photo ops in front of black owned businesses. You put up plaques, you know, praising black leaders. You guys don't do a damn thing for the black community.
Speaker 2: Not a damn thing.
Speaker 1: You guys claim to care about victims, but only those victims who check your boxes.
Speaker 2: It's amazing, I'll tell you. Another one is a great one.
Speaker 1: You talk about how you guys care about the disenfranchised and the down trodden. What about the guy who lived in a mold infested apartment and when your health department did nothing, nothing to hold the slumlord accountable, and he eventually gets into a verbal altercation with the four time felon who has a warrant out for strangulation that somehow is working as a super at this apartment complex, shows up at my client's door, bangs on it, shoves a gun in his face, threatens to kill him, and my client is arrested. My client is arrested. It's astonishing. And what's more is when the police finally realized they made a mistake, that they made a mistake, the city prosecutor's office continued to prosecute my client, who had no record, who was a completely legal gun owner, for having the audacity when two random strangers show up at his door and point a gun in his face, to pull his pistol and slam the door on them. When the police came to the city prosecutors and told them they arrested the wrong person, they continued the prosecution.
Speaker 2: They continued.
Speaker 1: I've seen cases where the stuff is on video and they continue it. And the one thread between all of them, folks, the one thread between all of them, is that the alleged defendant in each case was not somebody who checked their box, and that the alleged victim in each case checked that box, every single one of them. So to mister Travinsky, the guy who got the crap beat out of him in the middle of the street, who is a victim of a brutal beating that has now found himself a defendant charged by the city of Cincinnati, I hate to tell you this, brother, get in line. This happens every single day down there. And my hope is that this man's attorney, that this man's attorney gets a it's an inevitable not guilty verdict or hangs, gets a good outcome for his client, and then files bar complaints against every single prosecutor that's involved in this. You've heard me rant time and time again about the federal law enforcement agencies and the Department of Justice, the federal prosecutors that go after people for political purposes. This is literally the exact same thing, exact same thing played out on a local level. You think I'm done, folks, I'm not coming up. After the break, we're gonna talk about how remember that sale of a railroad we had where we all owned the city of Cysnat. He owned a railroad that they had no idea about, and the people voted to sell this railroad for some inordinate amount of money because the city is so terrible at handling its finances. We needed the money for them to fix the infrastructure in the potholes. Whatever happened to that? Whatever happened to that? Do you notice less potholes? Because I don't. Not only can this guy not keep people safe, he can't get the snow off the roads, he can't fill the potholes, he can't keep the police department staffed. I mean this, to quote the great movie Office Space mayor Pirreval. What would you say that you do here? I mean, you can't even do the basics, and you actually have the audacity to ask for another term. It's only an American politics in twenty twenty five, folks. Anyway, coming up, after the break and take some calls, some four nine, the big one of the numbers to call. Coming up at eight thirty, we're gonna be talking to Sean Porter about who he thinks is going to get into the college football Playoff, who he thinks is going to get into the World Series and eventually win it. And also the curious case of Arch Manning, the son of Cooper Manning, bloodline of the royal family of quarterbacks, the Manning family. Is this kid a victim of circumstance or is this something that he brought on himself? Is this too? Is it too early to call him a bust? And are we even able to call college recruits busts at this point given the NIL stuff and the emergence of the transfer portal. Yeah, all kinds of stuff going on. Got me till nine o'clock, got Gary Jeff Walker after that. Mike Allen Jr. On News Radio seven hundred WLW. Hey, we're back in news radio seven hundred WLW. Mike Allen Jr. Sunday night. Excuse me, Saturday night. I knew I was gonna do it this muscle memory, folks, we are talking about, well, the the lack of leadership from Mayor Purivol's office, as the City of Cincinnati looks at some skyrocketing crime. We can't fill our potholes, we can't clear the snow.
Speaker 2: It's just not a good look.
Speaker 1: And I just wonder what this guy does on the daily or even if he cares about making things better here. I'm going to talk here in a minute about the sale of that railroad back in twenty twenty three from the City Cincinnati. They're supposed to use those funds on some badly, badly needed infrastructure repairs that we wouldn't even be dealing with if it wasn't for mismanagement. I mean, it just it is what it is that this guy's been in office for four years. Nothing has gotten better. But you know, we have a bunch of ribbon cuttings and it more gaslighting. But anyway, I want to go to the phone seven, the big one of the numbers to call.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Terry.
Speaker 1: He wants to talk about the difference in uh sincey politics in northern Kentucky.
Speaker 2: Hey, Terry, what's going on? Man?
Speaker 6: I thank taking my pig worker Dad. I was crimes for years when you're Dad cross. Yeah, uh it was an a county organization. And you cannot believe the discrepancy between northern Kentucky and southern Ohio in the everybody it's most like to go. We have been uh English three times. Its offer bob out of.
Speaker 2: Hey, Terry.
Speaker 1: I hate to cut you off, man, we can't understand a word you're saying, buddy. If you want to try from a different line and call us back, that would be cool. But yeah, not didn't pick up a whole lot other than big difference in northern Kentucky and Cincinnati. And that's true. If you guys may remember, for damn near over a decade. At this point, northern Kentucky was running circles around the city of Cincinnati. And I'm talking about in the early two thousands, they built Newport on the Levee, had all this new development over there because the City of Cincinnati, in part because of the collaborative agreement, it was very hard for businesses to open downtown here in Cincinnati. But I think it really all goes to why did we need why would we need to sell a railroad in order to just do basic infrastructure stuff right, Like, why would why would we need to go to the pawn shop to pawn something just to pay our rent pretty much.
Speaker 2: And I would say one, it's because of mismanagement.
Speaker 1: So as you guys recall back in twenty twenty three, there was a vote in the City of Cincinnati to sell this railroad I think was the Norfolk Southern for some obscene amount of money that was going to get paid out. I think it's overall. It's a one point six billion dollar trust, and the investment returns from the trust were to be used to city infrastructure repair city infrastructure. The reality is, though, is that that's not exactly happening. So Mayor Pureval and Paula Muthing are chairman of the trust. They actually had a news conference last week arguing that the railway sale has gone as planned. You may want to ask folks on the west side of Cincinnati whether or not.
Speaker 2: This sale has gone to plan.
Speaker 1: You should probably check out some of the roads there, because those folks would say it's not going to plan anyway. The city will receive fifty eight million from the first payout, which begins July first, twenty twenty six. It received about fifth sorry, that's the second fifty six million this year, which is twenty seven more than it would have received if they just leased the railroad to Norfolk Southern. So there's been money paid out, a lot of money, but the city continues to face a four hundred million dollar deficit on maintenance and capital for basic needs such as the city street sidewalks, parks, recreation, fire, police, public service, all that kind of stuff. So the trust fund will reduce that total, but it's not going to do at all. So from the current batch of railroad spending, the largest expenditure has been eighteen million, and that's for street rehabilitation, right right, So has that money resulted in any roads being paved in this fiscal year which started July first? And I think the answer is no. So I have to have purevol said to the Cincinnati Business Courier, quote, I understand folks frustration. So the Cincinnati Business Courier requested a list of roads that have been repaved with this money. And there's actually a website. You guys can check this out. It's the city's since He on Track website, which attempts to provide up to date spending estimates on the city's plan to fix the backlog on maintenance and infrastructure, and it shows that very very little of that money was spent on road paving. So of that eighteen million dollars budgeted for street rehabilitation, that's just budgeted. That's that's not the total, that's just what the city has decided to budget for street rehabilitation. They have spent three percent of that one thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Essentially.
Speaker 1: It also budgeted another thirteen million from non railway trust money for street rehabilitation, thirteen million dollars they've spent seven hundred thousand. Unbelievable. So we were told that if you vote for this, this money will be used for fixing the potholes, fixing the pavement, fixing the uneven sidewalks, and total of those two numbers, eight percent has been spent on that. It's it is unfreaking believable and in classic after have purevol fashion. The quote is quote. I think it bears repeating that these are all challenges previous councils failed to lead on. Dude, you've been in charge for over three years, buddy, Like, at what point in time do you bear any responsibility for any of this? Honest to god, like, at what point do you bear any responsibility for any of this. So we can't clear snow after blizzards, we can't fill potholes, we can't keep people safe, Like, what.
Speaker 2: What are you doing?
Speaker 1: I mean, honestly, but anyway, we talked about firing up the Dolore and let's go back in time again. Right, So we had this murder, this brutal murder of a downtown gym owner. His name's escaping me right now, but where somebody literally murdered him in his sleep after they cut an ankle monitor off, after they've been on they were out on bond.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: So, if you're living downtown or living within the city of Cincinnati, you see this on the news, you go, oh my god, dude, this guy just walked into this dude's house when he's sleeping and murdered him. Maybe maybe I should buy a gun. Huh, Maybe I should buy a gun. You see these people that get to live in crapbeat out of them downtown. You say to yourself, Man, I'm downtown all the time. Maybe I should buy a gun. Maybe I should carry that gun that I just bought. Right, But a lot of times you can't leave it, take it out of your car. So the solution, the solution is to start charging gun owners again. The news moves so fast now we forget it.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: In the city of Cincinnati, it was about three years ago the mayor and city Council passed a law where you can be charged with a misdemeanor and a fourth degree if your gun is stolen. Doesn't matter, If the gun's legal doesn't matter, if the gun's hot does matter. If your gun is stolen, you will be prosecuted for not securing that gun enough and not reporting it in a timely manner. You cannot make this up. So the response to the endemic gun violence is not to hire more police officers. It's not to take the help offered by the state of Ohio and Governor Dwine offering all of these these all of these Ohio State patrolman to fill in the gaps of the Cincinnati Police Department. That's not how you do it. You start charging the victims of thefts. You start charging the victims of people who have had their cars broken into. You start charging the victims of burglaries and breaking it like it's it is. Welcome to Cincinnati, folks. You know, over the past four years since this clown has been in charge, our streets have become extremely dangerous. Families have no opportunities for jobs and careers. Businesses and restaurants that would give those opportunities are closing because they don't want to be downtown. Our infrastructure is crumbling, with potholes everywhere. The Westerns Viaduct has freaking concrete falling off it. Homeless people that are in camps that are supposed to be illegal are setting fires under the Brent Spence Bridge, essentially threatening literally all of the of the of the transit of goods and economics essentially up the entire East Coast literally because this guy does not want to enforce these things. We have homeless people setting bridges on fire, making all the working people that work in this community's lives a living hell, trying to deal with the traffic because you don't want to clear out homeless encampments. Somebody, please, I mean this seven four nine, seven thousand winner at the Big One, come up with a cognizant and logical reason as to why this man deserves another term. You know, all of this crap's happening, the infrastructure's crumbling, and is so called affordable housing projects are are the the the biggest concern, so he doesn't take any money from the state to help with the people getting the crap beat out of him downtown. His police officers hands are ties tied. They're totally overwhelmed. They actually voted no confidence in their own boss. The fire departments have no financial support whatsoever. You have all these firefighters that are coming down with cancer that they develop we're serving our city. You can't treat them, you can't support them financially. The resident into your city are actually begging for help. But God knows, we can't fire Iris Rawley, the quote unquote consultant who gets paid an obscene amount of money that's the last vestige of the of the collaborative agreement, and also hires her own sonnet like four grand a month for a job that nobody really has.
Speaker 2: Any idea like why it exists.
Speaker 1: So maybe, like we might have some money for infrastructure if we just did not spend it the way that this clown has decided to bad. But I mean it like I am sick and tired of gunshots in broad daylight. I'm sick and tired of fifteen year olds dying in the middle of the street. I'm tired of calling my clients to remind him of court dates, only to be told they died of a fentanyl overdose or were shot in the face the night before. I'm tired of prosecutors ignoring the police officers who actually do the investigating. And most of all, I am tired of this joke of a mare and his excuses.
Speaker 2: I'm just tired.
Speaker 1: Gall Anyway, let's to fake at Government Square, I mean, honest to god like And I guess the real question is and we can answer it when we come back from the break seven four nine, seven thousand, win earn the big one, because well that's all I'm gonna do, folks, is take your calls till the calls are done. But it is no wonder we are in the position.
Speaker 2: We are in.
Speaker 1: And all the way at the beginning of this show, when we played that clip of Aftapirival saying we are now doing all of these things right like we are now, you know, enforcing a curfew and blah blah blah and all this other bull crap, It's like, dude, where were you the last three years? And he was at ribbon cuttings and he was making videos about housing and all kinds of other garbage and it it it's I know that everybody who doesn't follow this stuff is shocked. I'm just going to tell you, y'all, this was a long time coming, and I think it started with elections that you know, put in certain judges in certain places. I think it definitely was the beginning of when when after Pureval was elected that that was, without question one, the beginning of the end. Maryor Cranley was a Democrat. I don't think that the CPD would ever ever have considered a no confidence vote in Mayor Cranley.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is bad.
Speaker 1: This is bad, and it's embarrassing, and it's a massive Cincinnati super fan uh who grew up in Salor Park, which is the last bastion of safety and accountability within the city limits. And it's mainly because the people care more about their neighborhood than the city does. We're in trouble and if we do not change course, we are in in some serious, serious dire straits. But coming up after the break, your calls some four nine seven thousand winner at the big one of the number to call, take your calls, and then we'll sort of transition like Bruce Jenner uh, into some national political stuff. We got the shutdown, we got the piece in the Middle East, all of that. Mike Allen Junior on news radio seven hundred WLW, they were back News Radio seven hundred WLW. Mike Allen Junior Saturday night, got me till about nine o'clock and then I think they got Gary Jeff coming in. We're rounding out this whole. UH have to have pure of all bash session, so to speak. And I look, I know I'm hard on the guy, but I I really do mean this. I want to know what he has done to earn another term. I mean, list his accomplishment. I mean that's they don't exist. What's frankly maddening about it is the fact that we sell this railroad to Norfolk Southern for an obscene amount of money and it's all going to be used for infrastructure and repairing the potholes and yacht and then each each time there's another transaction, so to speak, that number just gets whittled down lower and lower and lower to now literally like three percent of this money is being spent on repairing Cincinnati's roads. And you ask yourselfself, with taxes as high as they are in the city two hundred cops that you should be paying that you're not. You're not paying for the CFD, Cincinnati Fire departments, guys that are getting sick from doing, you know, their jobs in the city. You're not paying those folks. You're definitely have a lack of people plowing snow, Like why do you not have enough money to fill the potholes. Well, here, let me explain something to you. There's this woman and her name is Iris Raleigh, right, And I'm not trying to single her out.
Speaker 2: Well, actually i am, because she deserves it.
Speaker 1: But this is the type of stuff I'm talking about when I just talk about setting money on fire. Iris Raleigh is a consultant essentially, and she had a contract that's been extended. She basically was somebody who was supposed to be like this community activist and community leader that was gonna like somehow make the collaborative agreement with Cincinnati Police and the City of Cincinnati, you know, go smoother for lack of a better term, But what she's known for is saying really offensive stuff and interfering with arrests downtown Cincinnati. And I'm reading from WLWT News five here. CPD Union is urging city leaders to fire consultant. That's how you know somebody is a waste of money consultant Iris Raleigh, accusing her interfering with police work and harassing officers during incidents and over the rhine. If you guys want, you can get on Twitter. I should have posted it. The video is on there. If you just even Iris Raley being an idiot, I'm sure it'll come up. But her interactions with officers were captured on body cam. In one of the clips, Raley can be seen intervening as a Cincinnati police officer is asking a man to pour out a beer he's drinking on the sidewalk. The man repeatedly refuses to comply, and Raley can been seen walking up. Do you know my name? Do you know who I am? I'm Iris Raleigh direct quote. She then proceeds to communicate with both the officer and the man, asking the cop about the situation whether the man wanted the file complain against the officer while the cop is just standing there. Talk about having the cops backs, folks. I can't see why anybody would not want to be a Cincinnati police officer. Ralli then proceeds to barate the cop and the man asking the cop about the situation. Eventually, and the man wanted the file a complaint. She says, quote, here's what we do in Cincinnati. If the officer is as horrible as you say, then there's a process for me to know that she ain't on my list. Now, if she's as bad as you say she is to you, then then you don't put it on my list.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 1: I can't help her get better and or get fired. I'm not sure if that's English. And another clip, Raley can be seen intervening as a CPD officer is talking about giving a traffic ticket to a woman on a street near Finlay Market.
Speaker 2: I definitely saw this one.
Speaker 1: She appears to dissuade the officer from issuing the ticket and seems to suggest that she've views it as her responsibility to intervene in police responses around her neighborhood and over the line. Now, if you or I did that, we would be charged with obstruction of official business. But because she's Iris Raley, she could do whatever she wants. It's just astonishing, And throughout the course of the conversation, the female officer appears to indicate that she had met Raleigh on prior occasions where she had intervened in the middle of her work, so again, this obviously was not the first time. Raleigh can be seen following the officer down the street, saying that she does not trust the officer to be left alone as she proceeds to issue another citation to a man on the street. So she just followed this cop as this cops trying to do her job. Again, this is all coming from a defense attorney, folks, So I hope that that you know says something to you. The officer then calls her backup as Irish rally attempts to physically put herself in between the officer and the man being cited. Why was she not charged? Ken kober True, American President of the Cincinnati FOP, said, quote, what we saw in that video is not collaboration. That was agitation. I could not agree more. It is one thousand percent inappropriate for her to be doing things like that. Well, the good news is is for existing giving her son a job at four four hundred dollars a month, all on the taxpayer dime, Folks, harassing police officers that are trying to do their job and then just saying outwardly racist stuff. Her contract is valued at five hundred and seventy thousand dollars until April twenty twenty seven. This includes one hundred and fifty thousand dollars to be paid for two quarters the fall of twenty twenty four in the spring at twenty twenty five. What they are calling quote the Government Square Initiative. That's where she hired her son. So she's it's obscene how much money this woman is making. It is obscene. And again she hires her son at four hundred thousand dollars a year to apparently make sure, like in Billy Madison, like that the bus drivers are turning the wheels right, and that people are not shooting each other or whatever the hell. I have no idea, I really don't. I just know that we should cancel that contract, use that half a million dollars to pave a mile of road, and then you know, in a change, we can name the road after her. Sounds like a fair deal anyway. Let's uh, let's go to the phones.
Speaker 7: Here.
Speaker 1: Man calls it up. Let's talk to Bobby. Hey, Bobby, what's going on, buddy? You're on the big one.
Speaker 8: Hey, Mike, Thanks for taking my call, and I really appreciate you holding that torture freedom behind the bright every day, my friend, because it's dark outside.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Bobby.
Speaker 2: What can I do for you?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 2: What you got?
Speaker 5: Well, I tell you.
Speaker 8: I think we're all in the midst of a cultural revolution. When you have eighty eight counties in the state of Ohio, and eight of the counties are run completely by Democrats. All your major cities, you've got Democrat mayors, Democrat city councils. It's not gonna change no city of Cincinnati, I guarantee.
Speaker 6: Unfortunately, we're gonna get.
Speaker 8: The same individuals in there.
Speaker 6: There's nothing but a bunch of grifters.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, and the.
Speaker 8: Only way it's going to change is when they get elected in this November is to starve them out. Cincinnati is surrounded by nothing but conservative counties. Conservative individuals don't spend a penny within the city. And it's a Cincinnati. And I know that's unfortunate for a lot of the businesses and stuff that Cincinnati, but look around him. It's the most dangerous city per capita in the top five of the nation.
Speaker 2: It's just unbelievable.
Speaker 1: But Bobby you don't know it crimes down in Cincinnati, man, don't you know?
Speaker 2: Just ask the mayor. It's amazing he bears false witness.
Speaker 1: My brother absolutely Bobby thinks a lot man hold it down for me, take care man. Yeah, I mean he's exactly right. I mean, look, I don't want to do that. I'm not saying he's wrong, you know what I'm saying. But my thing is is when he says starve him out, who starves first man? And it's the guys. It's the guys that care enough about the city, unlike Aftam pure Vaul to put his money where his mouth is, right.
Speaker 2: The poor man that was murdered in.
Speaker 1: His home in the middle of the night, that dared to open a gym in a rough part of Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: I mean, I just, I just.
Speaker 1: It's sad because I'm all enough to remember, and you know, with my folks being attorneys and all that kind of crappy and it's intimately involved in what happened after two thousand and one. It was heartbreaking. I mean it was heartbreaking. You could see the tumbleweed blowing down Fourth Street. I mean it was it was bad, and I got a feeling we're on our way back there. I hate to say it, but but you know, take a look around, and I hope to God that Corey Bowman can win the mayor's office. I hope that God, and I think you can do it, that Chris Smitherman gets back on city council because at some point, you know, sanity has to carry the day. Let's talk to Peter. He wants to talk about f tabing his zero accomplishments. Hey Peter, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Buddy?
Speaker 9: Hey buddy, how are you doing?
Speaker 6: Pete?
Speaker 9: So, yeah, Democrats are are long on excuses and obvious station of their responsibility, and when they're ever called to account, like with the with the beatings and stuff downtown, they have excuses. They and it's everywhere. It's unfortunately not just in Cincinnati, but it is a screaming uh ring ringing of the bell of the dangers of electing Democrats. And the one thing that they're good at, and I wanted to say, is that lying and manipulation of people that are soft minded and that don't try to find the other side of the of any situation. And we need we need a new mayor. Conservativeism is rampant. It's coming back. So let's not uh uh keep our heads down. Let's keep our heads up and be positive and ride the wave of righteous uh just doing the right thing and not lying.
Speaker 1: And that's what I got a stranger brother. No, I couldn't agree more.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I'm not taking the blackpill on this, and what I mean by that is and Matt ken Rick, please please stay on, guys, because this is a really important conversation. I'm not taking the black pill, and the reason being is this. I refuse to just accept that, you know, the the same city council and the same mayor is going to be elected without trying. I don't even live in the city anymore, and it means that much to me, you know.
Speaker 2: I just I just refuse to give up.
Speaker 1: And I do think that it's possible, because you know, there's a lot of folks in the city of Cincinnati that were voting blocks that we're going to have to have pure of all Democrats that are the victims of all of this stuff. And I hope to God that logic and reason will will win the day here and we will send this clown and his buddies packing packing. Anyway, let's take one more call here, Hold on. Let's go to uh, who's been on here long? Let's go to Rick? Hey, Rick, what's going on? Budd here on the big one.
Speaker 7: Hey, Mike Junior, how are you?
Speaker 2: What's going on? Man?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 7: I just I'm want to get back to that infrastructure stuff.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 7: I live in North Bend, just outside of Sailor.
Speaker 10: Parks, Sir, you know over there, you know where.
Speaker 7: The fern Bank golf course and all that. I had to get back surgery riding my bike down that street, just kidding, it's just filled with It's a beautiful street. Maybe they never they never shovel it, they never do anything.
Speaker 1: With always, even as a kid, we knew it was always the last to get the snowplows, you know.
Speaker 7: Uh yeah, and and other and even more so than that, where is uh if we have any more downtown other than Procter and Gamble Western Southern people like that? Can't business leaders put pressure on this idiot of a mayor that we have? Because have you driven on Sixth Street where you know, between Procter and Gambles corporate offices.
Speaker 2: The beautiful parking garage, absolutely beautiful.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean it's just you know, I mean, and I don't know, Procter and Gamble, they bring executives in or people, customers, whatever.
Speaker 7: And I used to call down there for years and Sixth Street by the Red Squirrel and all that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's horrible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, Rick, between that side of downtown and the other in the courthouse side, so to speak.
Speaker 2: I got you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And so I was just wondering, business leaders, where are they putting pressure on this mayor or forgive me as p and G that woke as well, or what's going on?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Rick, thanks a lot for the call, man, I appreciate it. Yeah, so I've seen I know for a fact. And you know, God loved that family. Britney Ruby Miller, the daughter of Jeff Ruby. She's you know, running his operation now, as you know I kind of did with mild Man in his law practice. But she got a lot of business owners, especially downtown rest roans, after that insanity after the jazz festival, to come out and beg and just say hey, y'all, you know I don't She didn't come out and say don't vote for AFTE pure of all, but it was a response from all the business owners down there, especially restaurants and bars, saying this ain't working. Guys like this is this is just not working, you know. And as far as those guys go through the big corporations, I think that they may be a little bit afraid because, uh, if you come at the King, you best not miss and all of a sudden, those businesses may be regulated via city council.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: We got maybe two and a half minutes. Let's talk to Ken and Mason. Hey, Ken, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Buddy? You're on the big one.
Speaker 11: Not much. Mike, how are you tonight?
Speaker 2: And I'm doing great? Bud?
Speaker 11: Pat go elder baby, Yeah, kicking this year, sir?
Speaker 5: You go.
Speaker 11: You know, Mike, when when you hire you know, thieves, You know, I can't understand why we're surprised when they still we get council people go to jail for stealing, taking bribes. You know. We elected two council people that didn't even have jobs, right, they were unemployed and elected the city council because they just had a D by their name. You know, this situation you had the one caller before. I don't know that Mike, how he gets cleared up. As long as the voting base remains the same, most of these people are just voting. All they're doing is looking.
Speaker 5: For a d R.
Speaker 11: Right, it doesn't matter you get rent ten ten running, they would vote the men.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you know.
Speaker 11: I mean, you know, we live in Mason, Mike, Now we don't my family. I don't allow anybody to go downtown anymore. This past week you had two people shot in Fountain Square.
Speaker 2: It's amazing in the middle of.
Speaker 11: Mountain Square at five o'clock in the afternoon.
Speaker 2: Right, but the city is safe, Ken, crime is down.
Speaker 11: Well, it's all lies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, it's one of those things where if it becomes true, which liberals love to.
Speaker 11: Do, it's the Solilensky Yeah, you know, theories to a max. I mean, first of all, they weaponize lying. They lie constantly, they never tell the truth, they never take the blame. And you know, we wonder where all this money's going, Mike, We all know it's going in their pockets.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you know, like this lady you're explaining with what she's paying her son, that's insane. I mean, this lady should be in jail.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's something that's that's Ken. Sorry to cut you off, man, work up against but don't be a stranger.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is public interest in a private contract, or excuse me, private is a public contract? That that is without question a criminal offense. And we saw Tracy Hunter charge with him for doing it with her brother. Why is this not happening with Iris Rawley? You guys can h take take a whack at that one. Anyway, we're up against the break coming up at eight o'clock. More of your calls, y'all. This is a this has been a productive conversation. Also, if you don't call in, we're gonna talk about the Israel peace Plan. Mike Jor on News Radio seven hundred WLW, Bengals coverage over twenty twenty five iHeartRadio Music Festival presented by topital One. They we're back News Radio seven hundred WLW. Mike Allen Junior Saturday Night Russell Memories. Still trying to force me to say Sunday.
Speaker 2: Oh god, it's been a long show, folks.
Speaker 1: We're gonna transition here into some I guess some national political stuff, and then at eight thirty we're going to be talking to our home boy up in Cleveland, Sean Porter about the MLB playoffs, Big Games Tonight. I'm gonna be talking to him about what all happened today in college football, the curious case of Arch Manning.
Speaker 2: You know, is he?
Speaker 1: I didn't get to watch all of it, but apparently Texas beat Oklahoma today. They went from number one in the country to totally ranked. Just the phenomena of Arch Manning. Is he again in the nil era, the transfer portal era, the new college football that we're all trying to get used to.
Speaker 2: Is he a bust? I don't know.
Speaker 1: Apparently he beat Oklahoma today, So if he has Texas fans, they're probably not that pissed off at him anymore. But anyway, Buckeyes get the win today, Bearcats get the win today. Bengals take on the Packers tomorrow at four twenty five from Lambeau. Also going to talk to Sean about the Bengals acquiring Joe Flacco, former quarterback of the Baltimore Ravens, former Super Bowl winner play played for the Browns. Had a cup of coffee in Cleveland. Gotta be honest when you have the worst line, arguably the worst offensive line in the NFL, and you bring in a forty year old Joe Flacco, who at twenty three years old, had a tough time moving. I don't think that's going to bode well, but we'll talk to Sean about that. He's got some good perspective on it, as he is a Browns fan. I would be remiss if I had three hours on the air and I didn't talk about this. The incredible and quite literally unbelievable news out of the Middle East that Israel and Jamas have agreed to a ceasefire, not only a ceasefire, but have agreed to a peace plan that the Trump administration has put forward. I am absolutely elated over this. I am shocked over this, but I shouldn't be, because this dude just weals his way.
Speaker 2: Forward on stuff.
Speaker 1: And what's unreal has been the reaction of the media and some of the Democrats will play some of those, but they're pretty pretty shocking. Everything about this is shocking. But on October ninth, a couple of days ago, Israel's cabinet formally approved plans for a ceasefire with Hamas, setting the Gaza peace process in motion. Donald Trump announced that it constitutes the first phase of his twenty one point peace plan. The warring sides have tried to uphold a ceasefire once in November at twenty three and again in March of twenty five. Both of those times efforts collapsed. I'm trying not to get my hopes up here, folks, but there has been broad international support, whether it be from the Arab world, Europe, the United States, and Israel itself. There's a lot of optimism here. So first and foremost, they've agreed to a ceasefire. This went into effect on Friday, and we're already seeing Palestinians returning in droves to Gaza. Also, there's a military draw down. The IDF has agreed to withdraw their troops up to a line that leaves it in control of a little bit more than half of Gaza, and incrementally that's going to go down. So as each sort of phase goes into step, the Israeli Defense Force or IDF is going to start backing out a little bit more. Also, and this is the this is the very very important part, and this is the part where Hamas loses all leverage, and that is a hostage and prisoner release that's supposed to begin on Monday. With the IDF's withdrawal complete. There's a seventy two hour window for Hamas to return. The remaining hostages taken on October seventh, twenty are still believed to be alive. Another twenty eight are dead. Of the two hundred and fifty one hostages, one hundred and forty seven have been released in prior deals. But this, this next phase, should be every single hostage that's still alive is to be released. And Donald Trump has made it pretty clear, God help Hamas if they back out of this deal, because there's just no other way of putting it, every single one of them will die. In return, Israel will released two hundred and fifty Palestinian prisoners serving life sentences. The good news is, though, is in this list of officials that was published by the IDF, not one of them includes the top Hamas political leaders, So we are not giving away terrorists like the Obama administration did.
Speaker 2: Also, there's going to be a lot of aid delivery.
Speaker 1: Gaza has or excuse me, Hamas has given their word that they're not going to interfere as they have before in getting aid to the people of Gaza. I am of the opinion because it's fact that anybody who is malnourished and starving in Gaza has Hamas to blame for this. They have hijacked international aid from jump and kept it for themselves because they are an evil terrorist group. Also, the Rafa crossing with Egypt, finally, this is something I've been screaming for two years, has finally been opened for aid delivery rather than doing it all via the ocean. European officials have confirmed that the Rougha crossing is going to be open. The United States is also sending two hundred troops to Israel, not Gaza, to Israel to oversee all of this, So we're not going to have boots on the ground getting shot at God Willing. Trucks carrying food, medical equipment, shelter and other equipment, as well as fuel to operate essential systems, including cooking gas, are set to enter in the coming days, an Israeli official told CBS. So what happens next remains to be seen. It's all semi vague and kind of all over the place. But apparently there's going to be some sort of governing board put together wherein the Palestinian Authority is going to have some role. If you've recalled, the Palestinian Authority sort of runs the western part of that area, giving them any control is a little scary to me, but whatever. But essentially, there's gonna be a twenty one point piece plan that's going to encompass all sorts of ranges of efforts. But there's gonna be something called an International Stabilization Force, which is going to consist of Palestinian police forces, other Arab countries, thank God, and the IDF and Americans to all sort of come together so that way we'll have it won't be you know, Israelis and Americans policing Gaza, It'll be other Arab countries for the first time. And frankly, I don't think this could have happened without Donald Trump, Jared Kushner, and Steve Wikoff. In the Abraham Accords, we now have Arabs working with Israel, which is something that I thought would be a it would be a very cold day in hell before that happened. But here we are also demilitarization. All military, terror and offensive infrastructure is going to be destroyed. There's gonna be a lot of investment and economic reform.
Speaker 2: It just a lot.
Speaker 1: But the bottom line is is this is that come Monday, all of the leverage that hamas held, which is the hostages, is now gone, and we could possibly say that, in the words of Winston Churchill, this isn't maybe the beginning of the end, but the end of the beginning. The piece a lot of times is harder to win than the war. But there's a lot of folks out there that are saying that Donald Trump is just bending the knee to the evil Jews, specifically net Yahoo. Just stop you guys, don't know what the hell you're talking about, and you're embarrassing yourself. Donald Trump has told both sides, including Bibi net Yahoo, to knock the bs off when net Yahoo decided to carry out air strikes and Qatar against what he called Hama hideouts without letting the Kataris know any of this. Donald Trump literally forced Benjamin net Yahoo to call this Arab country Qatar and apologize. So this whole you know, Benjamin net Nyaho owns Trump is just an anti Semitic meme. There is literally no truth to it. He has there's been these are leaks, but I have no reason to not believe him. He is cussed out net Nyahu a few times from what we hear, and the question remains, though, is how the hell did Donald Trump pull this off? When Joe Biden could not and I hate to say this, folks, it's not complicated, it's really basic. And the main reason. There's a lot of reasons, but the main reason is the most important one. He refused to engage in the both sides moral equivalency that has been a trademark of the liberal mind and the far right nationalist or excuse me, the far right extremist mind for decades, which is that you know that the Palestinians and Hamas are morally equivalent to Israel, which is just complete and utter ds. Trump actually says the obvious part out loud, which is that Hamas is an evil terrorist group that murders women and children wholesale. He totally rejected the moral equivalency that, again many on the far left and the far right have adopted. Like it's literally quite simple. So we can try this at home. Say it out loud with me now if you need practice. Hamas is a radical Islamic terrorist organization. Okay, Now the next part Israel is a rational, democratic actor in a sea of Islamic terrorist states. So one more time for the especially stupid people out there, Hamas is a radical Islamic terrorist group. And Israel is not Israel invaded or excuse me, Hamas invaded Israel on October seventh, raped and murdered israelis has kept hostages for over two years and has starved its own people. There quite literally, is no moral equivalency here. None, So the ignorant anti Semites on both sides of the Aisle out there, you should do some reading, do some research. Every single war, and I mean this, every single war between any Arab country and Israel is one thousand percent started by the other actor, not Israel. Every single ceasefire, and I mean this quite literally, every single ceasefire that Israel has inked with any Arab country since the nineteen seventies has been violated by Arab states, not Israel, every single one of them. Now, although he didn't engage in the both sides ism moral equivalent see propaganda, he held both sides to the same standards. There's a very big difference. So when Israel, specifically Netnahu, decided to ignore him, when he told him to knock it off and decided to carry out airstrikes and Katar, Donald Trump went ballistic on Benjamin Netnahu, ballistic, screamed at him, publicly shamed him, publicly threatened him, and actually forced him to call the Kataris and apologize. And by refusing to play the moral equivalency game while at the same time holding both sides to the same standards, he was able to draw clear lines Hamas is evil and any Arab states who help Hamas are now cut off from the United States. He was able to make an offer to us that they quite literally cannot refuse. Give up the hostages or die, period full stop. Give them up, or I will blow you up. And now Iran, the other great backer of the Huthis and Hesblah and all these other groups that want to wipe Israel the face of the earth, the same Iran that after October seventh, we're attempting and in many cases succeeding at barraging Tel Aviv with surface to air missiles on a nightly basis. That threat has been totally neutralized because their nuclear program, in a unbelievable, unbelievable collaboration between the United States Air Force and the Israeli Air Force absolutely destroyed and or set back decades Iran's nuclear program. So now Arab countries are backing Israel. The Iranian threat is neutralized, the Arab threats neutralized. Because it's just they've made a deal. Somebody please name a president or a world leader that was able to do this or could have been able to do this. Like we are on the cusp of real peace in the Middle East for the first time since nineteen forty eight. And I thought we'd have some time for clips, but we don't because I'm rambling. But the reaction from the mainstream media, I like I said, it is even more shocking that the deal was made, Like the reaction from the mainstream media. Martha Raddits going on a one and a half minute rant giving Donald Trump credit for this.
Speaker 2: Hillary Clinton.
Speaker 1: Crawled out of her crypt like you can hear the door crack and open. Her skeletal hand comes out, her skin that hasn't seen the light of day, and since twenty sixteen, comes out to give Donald Trump credit. That should tell you something, folks, that what this guy did was objectively a wonderful thing for the people of the world. And my hope is that those out there suffering with TDS can look to people like Hillary Clinton and Martha Raddits and the folks on CNN and God knows, even the New York Times. You could look to them as an example that sometimes sometimes this orange hitler can do good things. You still don't have to like him, but can you at least admit, because people with TDS Trump arrangement syndrome can never admit if he has done a good job with something. I really really hope that this maybe is like we're starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel of these mentally unhinged people that the minute they hear his name, all logic and reason and objectivity just fly out the window. Anyway, that's enough politics for tonight, folks. Coming up at eight thirty, we're gonna talking to our home boy up in Cleveland, Sean Porter college football, Major League Baseball playoffs, whether or not our spanning is a bust, Joe flock out of the Bengals, and everything else under the sun. Mike Allen Junior on news Radio seven hundred WLW. Hey, we're back, just Radio seven hundred WLW. Mike Allen Junior, Sunday night. Excuse me, Saturday night. That's twice twice. Not a lot of folks starting to run on fumes. Coffee is running out, but we are round and third and headed for home. Something I've been kind of talking about today, just sort of in and out of the breaks, is the curious case of Arch Manning. He is the son of Cooper Manning, who is the son of the original Archie Manning. He is the nephew of Peyton and Eli Manning of NFL fame, and just sort of the hullabaloo that came with him, and using Arch Manning as an example of what may be to come in this nil driven transfer portal new world of college football that we're living in. And I was talking about how we firing up the DeLorean earlier and going back in time, So.
Speaker 2: Going back to time. I looked this up.
Speaker 1: In May twenty nineteen, USA Today did a short news story on a middle schooler named Arch Manning. You heard that right, in middle schoolers exploints in a spring scrimmage in a peewee foot and it read Arch through for three touchdowns while displaying accuracy, arm strength, and even mobility on a middle schooler. On a middle schooler, I mean, I'm from the West side of Cincinnati. I went to Elder like one of the biggest high school football schools in the country. We're not over there talking about middle schoolers. And a few years later, when arch Manning was going into his final season of high school football, he was the consensus number one recruit in the country. This guy, if you ever anybody who knows anything about recruiting, there's a website called rivals dot com and they measure all of the top recruits in college football. And this guy named Mike Farrell, who was writing for Rivals, took a lot of crap because he said arch Manning is not what everybody thinks.
Speaker 2: And this is a quote for him quote.
Speaker 1: When he was very young in his high school career, he had size and more athleticism than Peyton or Eli. I thought he was going to be great. Then junior year, the progression wasn't what I expected, and he just never got better. Now, weeks before the start of the twenty two season, Farrell actually listed him as a three star recruit. And man, he got absolutely lit up, absolutely lit up. And let's let's remind each other, you know, of what we were looking at. At the beginning of this year. Arch Manning was already without playing much football. I mean, yeah, he did some mop up duty last year, was being hailed as the actual Heisman candidate this year and could be a first round draft pick up until today against Oklahoma. Through five games, he completed sixty percent of his throws for fifteen hundred yards. Well, excuse me, one and fifty one yards, eleven touchdowns, five picks. However, Texas went from the preseason number one, which I gotta be honest with you, that was a joke that Texas had no business being number one. And that's not me just being an a live state fan. I was floored that Texas was number one. Now today, granted, I think Texas fans may not be as upset with him. He Texas took over and beat Oklahoma today. But let's look at arch Manning's numbers. Twenty one to twenty seven for one hundred and sixty six yards. He put on the go ahead twelve yard touchdown at DeAndre Moore. But is twenty one of twenty seven for one hundred and sixty six yards? Does that say, you know, preseason Heisman candidate. Does that say a guy who's gonna quote unquote change football forever? I don't think so here to talk to us about. That is my good friend, your good friend, and our Homie up there on the mistake on the Lake Sean Porter, Sean, what's happening my friend?
Speaker 5: Hey, Mike, how's are going? Thanks for having me?
Speaker 1: Hey, it's going, man. You heard me talking about it in the beginning. You and I talked about it when Ohio State took on Texas is I guess my first question is, is arch Manning a bust? Are we now going to be starting in the new age of the nil? Are we gonna start labeling high school recruits busts now that they've gotten into college football?
Speaker 2: What do you say?
Speaker 5: Uh? Yeah, I mean, Mike, honestly, I mean when it comes to arch Manning, I mean I agree with everything you said. Like, I mean, they were ranked number one in the Begame the year and that was crazy. I thought too, because you know, I don't know how to stay fan too, as you know, and like we're defending champions, we should have the number one, I thought at the very least. But yeah, like, I mean, his numbers haven't been that great. He just kind of like was kind of praised a lot, I think because of his family, you know, his background. I mean it's like he's got the Jeens, like, you know, eleven touchdowns, five picks. I mean, it's like he just sounds like an okay quarterback, Like he kind of sounds like just very average, you know. And I feel like Texas, you know, today they just got a you know, a seventy five yard punt. Rich he got a lot of help today for his defense. You know. Yeah, he threw the go ahead touchdown, and I'll give him credit for that. But I mean, you're right, Mike, I don't know, like I feel like, yeah, he went from being like a number one pick like candidate to like he should probably be in college for three or four years, you know what I mean, Like if he wants to be good, he should develop, you know. But it's crazy to turn around like, yeah, I mean, Texas had a big win today, but I mean it wasn't all due to ours, Maanning.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I guess is this something we should get used to, Sean, because I mean, I'm showing my age here and you may remember this. The last time I saw a recruit coming out of high school with this much hype was Terrell Prior. I mean, and that was like two thousand and eight or two thousand and nine. I mean, is this something that is going to become a phenomenon college football where we're labeling you know, college kids busts before they even you know, get to the NFL so to speak.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, you know, with the with the media and the social media out there, you know, all the videos that could go out of you know players, you know, developing and training and you know, all their games and stuff. Yeah, I definitely think it's getting to that point. And you know with d NIL obviously, with you know, athletes having their student athletes having the ability to being paid now, you know, for their likeness, as a Supreme Court ruled, you know. I yeah, I definitely think it's getting to that point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I just a part of me feels bad for the guy because, you know, I know, something a little bit about having the same name as somebody that's kind of made a name for themselves. But but yeah, I mean yeah, yeah, and it's it's something that you just sort of deal with. But but I gotta be honest with you, man, I feel bad for the guy. I don't think that he asked for this, but what I what I have seen him do and what I saw the little bit I saw today, this guy is not what the national media put him out to be. But anyway, I'm digressing here.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: We got all kinds of stuff going on in sports. Man, we got obviously arch Manning. We're starting to figure out who's who in college football. Now there's some really those games today. I know, Alabama one. Who who do you see in the college football Playoff? Anybody surprise you? And who do you think ends up winning the whole thing this year?
Speaker 5: I mean, honestly, Mike, like a team that really surprises me is the University of Miami. Like, yeah, they've never been to the College Football Playoff, you know, and that's a really high tier school with like a lot of NFL players have come from what they call it the you right, yeah, you know. Yeah, So they're very surprising because I mean Carson Beck, you know, he won two titles with Georgia, and I mean he's a good college quarterback. He's one of those like he's like Chris Winki.
Speaker 2: You remember him, Oh yeah, he had in college.
Speaker 11: For eight years?
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: But yeah, the Miami. I think Miami has like a really high possibility of making it. I honestly, I mean I know it sounds biased, Mike, but like the way Ohio States playing this year, I feel like they have like a really good shot of defending their national championship. I mean, especially today was Yeah, today was I mean, thirty four sixteen doesn't sound like a blowout, but honestly, wasn't very close. I mean, they got a couple of touchdowns towards the end that you know, I feel like, I mean, this should kind of garbage time, you know what I mean. It's just but the Ohio State defense is so dominant, and honestly, you know, justin saying, you know, I love I think he makes good decisions. I think Jeremiah Smith is an amazing wide receiver. You know, Carnell Tate is another. They're both going to be the NFL. You know, we produce NFL wide receivers, you know. And that's the bias to me right there. But yeah, but I think Miami has a great shot of but Alabama teams like that. I just feel like Alabama just is always ranked really high and they really shouldn't be there, you know what I mean. I just I don't really see the hype there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I got to be honest, and you and I have talked about this a thousand times over. Is the SEC is not the premier conference in college football anymore? You know, No, it's the Big Ten is the premier conference now. I think keep speaking of the Big Ten though, And I know I'm bouncing around here. Sean State is having a big, big problem winning big games.
Speaker 2: I saw some I saw some numbers.
Speaker 1: Obviously, Ohio State owns James Franklin, Penn State head coach.
Speaker 2: He's not.
Speaker 1: I think he's only won one top five game or one Top ten game. Penn State is always always, it feels like a quarterback away from putting it all together. I got to be honest with you. We just saw today that that Penn State was upset by Northwestern. Does James Franklin have a job at the end of the day, Does James Franklin have a job at the end of the week, And will James Franklin have a job at the end of the season.
Speaker 5: Honestly, Mike, I feel like I mean, and I think I message you that true. Allard jan quarterback's also out for the season. Yeah, he has a season ending injury. He didn't even say what it was. It just said it was season end ending. But yeah, James Franklin, like he's kind of on the last ropes, like and I mean, I you know, I feel like she's had some like moments, but you're right, Like he doesn't really be anybody in the top five. He always lose your higher stating. He talks to live smatch for a lot o higher State for being like for like losing to them. That never made sense to me. It was like, dude, you never win.
Speaker 2: Though, Like right, you know, but go ahead, Sorry Sean, but it's okay.
Speaker 5: No, Yeah, I think, but yeah, I think honestly, Mike, I don't know if he gets fired like today or tomorrow, but like because I feel like Penn State's more of a school that like will wait till the end of the year to do anything. Yeah, but I don't think he's gonna last like past the end of the year unless like Penn State wins like the rest of their games. Yeah, and and like wins the bowl game or whatever bowl they're in. Like, I feel like he have to really make up for this because this is a bad loss sight to Northwestern. You know, they're a traditional Big Ten school, but as you know, like they are not good at football and really not a big sports school. They're more like duralism and stuff.
Speaker 1: Like that, you know, yeah, yeah, yeah, I gotta be honest, it's it's hard for me to see, you know, James Franklin surviving this season, and there's a lot to be said about him. Man, he really, I mean he when he took that job, Penn State was not in a good place. I mean when he took that job, Penn State was up against the ropes man. So I mean, I guess kudos for him for that. But yeah, it's becoming a a trend, so to speak, seeing Penn State lose to too Frankly. I mean, this is the second week in a row they've lost to an unranked team.
Speaker 5: Yeah, uhila, I mean they were zer to four. I mean that's crazy. Actually, I actually saw it on TV. I actually just like saw that was on CBS. I was like, oh, let me watch this, and I was surprised when I said it on the winning I was like.
Speaker 1: Really, yeah, yeah, it was something else a lot, yeah, by a lot. It's pretty bad. But my next question is this, and we'll get some Major League Baseball playoffs. I promise you're somebody who lives in Cleveland, you've you've I had the unfortunate opportunity of watching the Browns for a really long time. The Bengals. Yeah, the Bengals have said Sinara essentially to Jake Browning. The knock on him was the picks. He was throwing a lot of interceptions. He was missing open guy. He was not connecting with Jamar Chasin T Higgins. So the Bengals, you know, and everybody here in Cincinnati is screaming for Jamis Winston, screaming for him because it feels like that guy's energy just matches the Bengals, it matches the city. You know, you got to see Jameis Winston do some pretty cool things for the Browns. My logic when it comes to Joe Flacco is Okay, he's he's upright, he's not injured, he's still got a cannon. But he may be one of these slowest quarterbacks in the NFL and you put someone like him behind one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL. I just I gotta be honest, I don't think this ends well. What do you say, Mike.
Speaker 5: I was shocked when they made that trade because I was hearing that they were looking at like Yo, Russell Wilson, you know, like, yeah, mobile guys even like Winston or like I guess they never contact the Giants, but like I was thinking that they were going to do that, but then when I saw they traded for Flacco, I was kind of like the thing with Flaco here is that you know, we lovely hopefully he did two years ago and like you know, led the team in the playoffs and was great. He was really good. He had a great connection with Amari Cooper you know and everything, but you know, yeah, like his lack of mobility in the pocket, and we don't have a good offensive line up here either, we really don't. I know, yours is like worse, but ours is not very good either, and so if you know, when the pocket collapses with him, he can't get out, And like that's the thing. That's what I'm really surprised that didn't try and get like Russell Wilson or somebody that would be available, because you know, the Giants are going to start checks and dark. He's going to be the starter for the next five to ten whatever years. I feel like he has he has something.
Speaker 2: There, you know, they something Yeah, yeah, and you see their head coach. I can't can't remember the guy's name.
Speaker 1: When he's in the tenth DAYL Wilson plays one play, throws it into the turf, and this guy's running into the the medical tent trying to drag Jackson dark.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Oh, Brian Devil, Yeah, Brian Devil.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's gonna coach like five years. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was great man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, Sean, we got a couple of more minutes here, Man, Major League Baseball Playoffs.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna lie to you.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: After the ninth inning and the Reds debacle against against the Dodgers, I have just tuned out. What the hell is going on in the playoffs? Who's left? Who's going to the World Series?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, so last night was a fifteen inning thriller between the Tigers and the and the Mariners. The Mariners won and they moved on and are going to the American League Championship Series for the first time since two thousand and one, and they're playing the Blue Jays and they're the blue Jays have home fields that they are starting that series tomorrow and first like fun fact, Mike, Yeah, both teams in the inaugural or first season was in nineteen seventy seven. They are the first teams to ever play in like a playoff series of any kind of MLB history, and I come in in the same season. It's you know, starting the league the same year. But I think that's really interesting.
Speaker 1: That's one of the beauties of baseball, man is is stats like that. And that's exactly why I have you on sewn and stuff like that.
Speaker 5: Right now, like Milwaukee is playing the Cubs in Game five, I'm kind of pulling for Milwaukee. I kind of want Milwaukee. I don't know what the score is right now, but I kind of want Milwaukee to win. Yeah, because of the Cubs being the Indians in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 1: Of course, of course, Well who who do you see in the World Series, Sean, I.
Speaker 5: Think it's gonna be Honestly, Mike, I think it's gonna be Seattle, and I think it's gonna be Milwaukee. I I really, I really think. So, yeah, you think Milwaukee's gonna win, and I you think think they're gonna beat the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: So you think Milwaukee takes down La Yes, I do.
Speaker 6: I do.
Speaker 5: I think they have they have good hitting, they have solid they have a really good bullpen. I think they could do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's Sean. That's not in my view, man, that's not a hot take. I think, especially if some of those games come back to Milwaukee, Man, that that is a big ballpark and it may neuter uh, you know, shoe Otani and some of the other big bats that LA has.
Speaker 5: If you don't notice Mike in the World Series last year, so you know, Tani wasn't good and in these playoffs he hasn't really been that great. So I'm kind of like wondering, like, do the Dodgers carry Otani because they don't think Sotani carries the I'm like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, And you know, I stuck my freaking foot in my mouth the other day, man, a couple of weeks ago, I said, you know, I think the Reds have a chance against LA because for some reason, Otani doesn't touch up the Reds that bad. And of course, you know, his first at bat in the series, he takes one downtown and hits it out of the park.
Speaker 2: So insert foot and.
Speaker 5: Mouth, Right, I think that's the only hit that he's had the whole playoffs for twenty one.
Speaker 1: Right, why wouldn't the one hit, you know, come against the Reds? But a Jean, we're up against the break man. Thanks a lot as usual, brother, Next time I'm on, you know, I'll hall, aren't you?
Speaker 5: Thank you?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Sean Ticket are yeah, absolutely good buck, guys, Yes on Porter, everybody. I'm not exaggerating. The dude is just a walking sports almanac. And of course he comes with that deep track stat about the Blue Jays and Mariners of their inaugural season being in nineteen seventy seven and the first teams to do that.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's why we bring them on.
Speaker 1: Anyway, That's it for me, Folks, stick around for Gary Jeff Mike Allen Junior on News Radio seven hundred wlw B