Speaker 1: It's Marcus in the morning, and we're back with second date update. Rounding out the week. We got to say good morning to Caleb. Hello, Caleb, what's up? Hey man, how are you? I'm good? Are you doing okay? What with the ghosting and all?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just one of those things where I don't get it right, and what I don't understand frustrates me.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about Nadia. So the note that I got from you was that so you're eating in downtown Berlin. Game it was sushi. How did the date unfold? Let's try to figure out why she ghosted?
Speaker 2: First of all, Well, first of all, the type of sushi restaurant is like the kind where a small intimate plate, like a fancy one where they're making it right in front of two. And I thought it went really well. Naughtiya looked great, like, she looked really really good and looks hot, and you know, she was reading the entire menu before ordering. She was very deliberate, and she asked the you know, thoughtful questions about the fish, and she just seemed very deliberate, which I like. Okay, we split a couple of road from Tashimi, had a little sake and then a walker you know, down the block to her car and she thanked meate for dinner and it was fine, you know, and then then nothing. I don't know what happened.
Speaker 1: So literal full ghost.
Speaker 2: Full ghost, no nothing, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Did you do anything weird like forget how to use chopsticks or not split the bill properly or.
Speaker 2: No, we didn't. I comleted the bill, and I mean, look, I think I'm pretty realistic about how things go, and I thought it went really well.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, we're going to call her, you know this, so we'll have you on the line. You'll be able to hear it right from her.
Speaker 3: And A.
Speaker 1: I want to figure out why she goes to but B like, let's hope for a second date. I don't know. I think we I don't want to say we haven't had a second date for days, but it's been days. All right, go ahead and get in position. We're gonna call naughty and see why she ghosted on you. I want to get you a second date. So throw some vibes into the universe. Here we go. Hello, Hi, is this Nadia? Good morning Nadia. This is Marcus calling from Star one on one three A right, Hi, Hi, how are you good? Do you listen to the show?
Speaker 3: I do?
Speaker 1: Okay? Do you know about Second Date Update? Yes?
Speaker 3: I do?
Speaker 1: Great. I get to s vibe like you've been waiting to me be on it for some reason. I don't know, like I'm gonna date until Marcus calls me, well, hey, do you you want to be on Second Date Update?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Sweet?
Speaker 3: You might as well just bring kalem on.
Speaker 1: We're here, okay, Caleb are you there?
Speaker 2: So here?
Speaker 1: Nice? This is gonna be the most adulting we do all day. You guys, So, Nadia, you know the drill like Caleb Doug you it's a good first date, he says, says you were and I quote hot, so we'll start their baseline. But he's feeling like you ghosted. So I got asked, did you ghost?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I mean I didn't really risk bond to him, like when he texts it after and it wasn't like anything dramatic happened.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: There was just two things that kind of stuck with me that I haven't been able to kind of get past.
Speaker 1: All right, I've got my notepad out, go ahead.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: The first is Caleb has this habit that he told me during dinner and he says that, like he mentioned, he times people and how long it takes them to answer questions, not out loud, he just kind of clocks it mentally. And he said he started doing it in meetings to understand how confident people are in their answers.
Speaker 2: Ok.
Speaker 3: And so I asked him if he does it outside of work, and he said, yeah.
Speaker 1: By outside. Are you doing it right now like that kind of.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, and he said sometimes, and he said you can learn a lot about people from pauses. And that's kind of when I realize he's been like watching me super closely all night and like clocking every time I, like I pause or answer something.
Speaker 1: Okay, Caleb, that's weird. What are you doing? Why nobody wants to be made to feel like they're being I don't know, weirdly audited or something.
Speaker 2: I mean I usually don't tell them.
Speaker 1: Okay, but this time you did. You could see how it could wear the lady out. Why do you do this again?
Speaker 2: Know that the longer someone takes to answer, I mean, there's been studies on this, it shows that they're indecisive or they're not sure of themselves. So when someone answers very quick when with authority, they're just just generally like more you know, more assertive, like an alpha. That's the way alpha's answer questions. They're direct, they're fast, they really.
Speaker 1: Can't they just be considered thoughtful.
Speaker 2: I guess. But you know, what do you want to be? You want to be thought you want to be an alpha.
Speaker 1: You'd like your lady to be in alpha as well. Is that what's happening?
Speaker 2: Well? I like an assertive woman. I like a woman that knows what she wants. And you know, I'll be honest with you. That's what I saw. I liked what I saw, so I don't know why I'm like naughtie. I what I mean, you passed the test, So I don't know.
Speaker 1: Why you passed the test.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm not gonna look you guys. I should probably shut up because I always talk about it on the air, how I'm attracted to a woman. They could take me in a fight, so I'm just gonna sit back.
Speaker 3: I mean, I just felt like I was being measured all night, and that bothered me, you know, off the bat. But it was the second thing that like really changed the look.
Speaker 1: He forgot there was something else do tell.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's like towards the end of dinner, our conversation started turning, you know, to hobbies, and Caleb mentioned that he collects things, and so I was like, what do you you know kind of things you colick? And he said he keeps every single birthday card he's ever received, but not in a sentimental box, in labeled binders, chronologically organized and he said it helps him like track which friendships stay CONSI same year after year. And I said, do you ever like review them? And he's like, yeah, occasionally, it's a good way to notice who falls off. Like it's just so weird to me.
Speaker 1: So it's like a grading system or what are we doing, Caleb.
Speaker 2: I can really get a great idea of how good of a friend someone values me as you know, so I don't want to value somebody as a friend that doesn't value me the same way. Basically, I have three binders. I have an expired friends binder, and then the middle binders those are like pretty good friends, and then I have my all stars, like these are the friends that give me really good cards, and yeah, they just set themselves apart.
Speaker 1: And expired friends binder.
Speaker 3: That's so unsettling.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: At the end of the day, I think you're really overreacting here.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I mean honestly, like I feel like yours because.
Speaker 1: Has entered the chat. Uh you guys, hang on one second, Hang on, Nadia, Yes, I'm so sorry. I don't nah, that's not your guy. Yeah, thank you for your time. I'm going to go ahead and go. I appreciate you listening. You're welcome and hang on. What is it? Just quirky habits? Week? Is that? What's happening? And second date update? If you want to catch up from the week. Uh. There is a podcast on the iHeartRadio app. You can download that for free and look for Marcus in the morning.