Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on a five seventy LA Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: While it's the longest running afternoon sports show in the city.
Speaker 3: No congratulations necessary. All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is petros In Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadakas terrible person, He's the worst.
Speaker 3: And Matt money Smith.
Speaker 4: The pipes, the pipes, the pipe.
Speaker 3: Don't miss an episode.
Speaker 2: We're with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, follow the petros In Money Show wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadakas and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 4: The comeback is always greater than the setback.
Speaker 2: I'vegong to Yukes Petrosen Money on a Soupperflex only going to the top of the hour two o'clock. We'll be out of here. We'ller for Dodgers on dak As Galpin Motors Broadcast Booth. First pitch three, eight pm, Tyler Glass. Noow, we'll make that first pitch for the Dodgers. Your Game four starter after a loss last night eight to two to the Phillies. Christopher Sanchez, the starter from Game one for the Phillies, will be the starter as they try to extend their season, Dodgers trying to avoid having to fly back to Philadelphia Citizens Bank Park and winning a third game there in this postseason to advance to the NLCS. David Basse joined us last hour. If you miss that, you can always relive anything you miss on demand via podcast through the iHeartRadio app, the Am five to seventy LA sports tab, and the Petros and Money Show feed.
Speaker 4: So are you less or more confident after the first hour of the show, considering you know, all the anger and vitriol that we that we felt when the.
Speaker 2: Show began, Well, I think the best thing I can say is, I'm trying.
Speaker 4: I'm trying.
Speaker 2: I'm trying. I'm trying. I'm trying to get it to line up in my brain, in my heart, in my stomach, trying to get this whole thing to line up and be right. As I said, the top story of the day for those that are just checking in, Because when you.
Speaker 4: Woke up and formed your opinion where.
Speaker 2: It was, it was, Yes, it was formed out of anger, it was formed out of disappointment, frustration, all those things, all of those things. So yeah, I, like I said, I'm gonna try to I'm gonna try to put a bow on the well. I shouldn't say it, but I'm gonna try to put some lipstick on this pig of a top story that I wrote.
Speaker 4: Negative.
Speaker 3: It went and ebs and flows.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'd get it.
Speaker 5: Kind of willed up a little bit thinking about night, so i'd get a little negative. We actually had a couple of people say I was a little too negative. And the Saxon dancer is positive, always always positive, always half full of that glass that he's talking about the Dodgers and what they can do here in the postseason, Matt in the future, you know, maybe tomorrow if things don't go well today, God forbidding Game four of this NLDS, maybe just call him to scam and get all that negativity off. Not a bad ideas, you know, just let a flow.
Speaker 4: They have taken your call, they don't would take your call. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, you could have a twenty minute window for the show that would normally occupy this space on an hour show, a forty four minute show. Get twenty minutes to the people, so as possible, even is he got on today and some dude from Jersey, Yeah, Mitch from Jersey. Guy like probably wanted to what pull it out and swinging around because the Phillies won and they threw him on. Yeah they did. Oh they did. Was that the case or was he a guy that was like super sad Dodger fan having to wear it in Jersey?
Speaker 5: No, Mitch is a guy who calls every single show on every single station all across the county.
Speaker 2: Oh he's that guy. Yes, and they put that guy on copy that.
Speaker 4: Desperation is a stinky cologne.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's embarrassing.
Speaker 4: It's time for the word of the day. I don't know what to tell you.
Speaker 3: The word of the day.
Speaker 4: Today's word of the day is Big Ten Media Day. It's Big ten Media Day for college basketball.
Speaker 6: Matt.
Speaker 4: I'm surprised you didn't fly out and cover it with all the basketball that you do.
Speaker 2: Yeah. My flight just got delayed and delayed and I was like, I can't do it, guys. Sorry, I got to pull the plug here.
Speaker 4: Mick Cronin was upset because he said he's going to be flying back from Chicago. During the Dodger playoff game against Philadelphia, Mick Cronin said, why are the Cubs playing? After the Dodgers. Can someone make it make sense? They're playing at eight o'clock here in Chicago. How cold do they want that game to be? As you know, Mick Cronan is a dear friend of the Petrosen Money Show. He's got a great looking team, said Dave Roberts helped him scout his new point guard, Dent, the guy from New Mexico who was playing in the pit, who's supposed to come and have an immediate impact. But some interesting stuff from the Big Ten media day, but not everybody is feeling positive. Like Steve Sachs, Mick Cronin very upset. I mean, I would imagine he can watch his game the game on the way home, but.
Speaker 2: I'd like to think that there would be Wi Fi available on that berd.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you'd hope. But either way, good luck to Mick Cronin and UCLA getting back and watching the exciting baseball game. And I think he's a Dodger fan but also a Cincinnati Reds fans.
Speaker 5: Yes, he's a Dodger fan. He told you guys that when they were taking on the Reds that he is a Dodger fan.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, but you know he's from Cincinnati.
Speaker 5: Also do you think mccronanin's flying PJ or is he flying commercial?
Speaker 2: What's PJ?
Speaker 4: Private ship?
Speaker 2: Private j co? He's thinking like, is he flying pearl Jam? I don't know, never heard of called PJ. I would imagine it's a charter, right, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I mean they fly a couple of UCLA people out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the whole group, you know, three players. You know what, I'm gonna go commercial, first class? Okay, that'd be my guess. It's Chicago, it's La Chicago, it's a it's a main hub, you know what I mean. It's not like he's got to fly to South Bend. Yeah, to do the presser. Okay, time for.
Speaker 4: The number of the day. Here's my number.
Speaker 3: Here's my number. God, the number of the day.
Speaker 2: Number the day is three. We'll do our three things here our Thursday night football pick tonight. Normally we'd be going three until or two until five pm, getting started in about forty five minutes. God knows how many hours of calls they would take had that been the case. Seven and a half a lot to lay for an Eagles team that is struggling offensively right now. Road team, divisional game Saquon a DNP with a knee earlier this week, but says he'll be fine at dual. Carter is everything he was advertised to be coming out of Penn State, and with no Landon Dickerson, Eagles line's been a little leaky inside Dexter Lawrence. The Giants tackle ready to re havoc. You flip it over and you see why it was such a tough loss for the Chargers. The Giants offense had nothing going against the Saints dart through three, two picks and a fumble for three turnovers. Skataboo is under four per carriage, just fifty nine yards he lost to fumble. They scored but fourteen points against New Orleans and just twenty one against the Chargers, and eleven of those came off two interception returns that gave him a first and goal from inside the five, one of them first and goal from the two. So against an Eagles defense that's still playing really good football, sounds like a really good undergame. But I did not hit the under on Sunday with the Browns and Vikings missed it by two and a half points. This one I want, but then I see forty and a half, and I feel like that's kind of low. Can we see the Giants getting over twenty points? They piled it on the Cowboys, but that defense sucks. Outside of that fourteen to nine. I mentioned the twenty one and then six in another game, Philly has put up thirty plus twice against the Rams and Bucks. So do I lay the seven and a half? Do I take the under? I'm gonna go under. It's a Thursday night game. I'm gonna call it a field goal game. And they get out with a win. The Eagles do, and I get out with a win to start the weekend at nine and eight seven make.
Speaker 4: People feel better in Philadelphia.
Speaker 2: Indeed it will, right, and then they can just deal with the loss of the Phillies. Pete and Chip. Pete and Chip sounds like a stripper duo that's gonna come to your bachelorette party. But no, it's a head coach and an offensive coordinator, Pete Carroll. Everybody excided to, yeah, we know both of them. Well, former Pack ten guys, Pack twelve guys six million dollars for Chip to leave Ohio State and call plays for the Raiders. They are one and four two of their losses the team scored less than ten points. Gino Smith nine interceptions on the season and the number six overall pick perhaps the most exciting player when it comes to fans. Has crossed twenty carries just once, Ashton genty and has been under fifteen twice. We of course know how Pete won a Super Bowl, how Pete won a college national championship, running the ball, playing great defense. Gino is his guy, He's going to protect them, but Chip is his play caller. Don't know if it was one hundred percent Pete, if Mark Davis was involved in that decision, but listening to his press conference from yesterday, sounds like Pete kind of putting a lot of this not at the feet of Gino but on the play sheet of Chip Kelly.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we had to run the football better, you know more, and we're going to continue to work at it and see if we can't continue to bring it to life. The running game has been has looked well in order right now. We needed to get more them. That's part of it. That's just mixing football. That's how you go you do it. We don't want to ever rely on the quarterback has to do the whole show. And sitting in the shotgun through the football. Never coached that way, and so we have to mix our stuff so that we can use our play action game and make sure that we're perimeter and the game, you know, with all the ways that you can, which we have. And I was pleased with how we saw Ashton come to life on the edge. You know, he made some nice plays and just stretched the defense and put some threat in them with that. And then we've got to make sure that we're calling all the best stuff in the situations. I mean, he's not calling the plays.
Speaker 2: Ooh gino's not calling the place right, a little a little rough there. So hopefully they get it all pretty old. Yeah, well, you know, seventy three you want to win now, Ashton genty though Rock bowers a lot of young players. Seems like it might make a little more sense to kind of get this thing built and recognize, Hey, you know third thing, P you mentioned you're gonna be on a plane. I'm gonna be on a plane headed to Miami tomorrow, and that visitor's bench as I check the weather so I could prep my packing. It'll be a one pm kick on Sunday, and as many people know, maybe some don't. The visitors bench at one pm Kicks is right in front of the pounding hot South Florida sun, and the weather calls for eighty five degrees and seventy percent humidity. So I don't know who if there is an alternate uniform of breathable fabric that will help prevent the swampiness in your undercarriage, I would say start drinking to avoid dehydration today. Stay hydrated for us, And that applies to Shannon Farren. She's the one down on that sideline for us. It is the worst booth in the NFL. It is a lower corner end zone. You legitimate cannot see from the radio broadcast booth the right corner of the field. See down at the thirty. Nah, I think he's down at the thirteen. Oh no, it turns out he's down at the three. So some adversity for the broadcast team, whether it's fair and on the sideline in eighty five and seventy percent humidity, or if it's the pair in the booth about ten rows off the field in a lower corner location as you try to evaluate what's happening some one hundred and twenty yards away from you well will challenge that in mind, we all have to overcome Bee.
Speaker 4: Is it worse than Brazil? Yes, oh, come on.
Speaker 2: Yes it is. Yeah. I mean Brazil, I was on like the fifteenth story of a building, but at least I was at the fifty This one, truly, you are so low that you like, you know, I wish that. It's almost like the curvature of the earth comes into play and it's art's bending away from you once they get to the thirty yard line and you're like, I have no idea where that ball is right now.
Speaker 4: It is kind of funny listening to Pete Carroll talk about not throwing the ball and they never coached like that except for that one play and that one Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where you lost your identity in the most important moment of the most important game of the season.
Speaker 4: Running.
Speaker 3: This is a song of the day.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Today's song of the day's a real crunchy groove from the year nineteen thirty nine called Pennsylvania's six five thousand, a beautiful jazz swing tune performed by the Glenn Miller Orchestra. Because a crunchy groove, Thursday is where we're at right here on the Petros and Money Show in the middle of a flex alert, a super duper ultra flex alert for Dodger playoff baseball as they look to send the Phillies back to the streets of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania six five thousand, where a reservation at the Cafe Rouge awaits and the drama begins. Hello with your Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck show hosted by our friend Tim Keats.
Speaker 2: That's coming up at two o'clock.
Speaker 1: We've made it even easier to take LA Sports with you this summer. Make AM five to seventy or your favorite AM five seventy LA Sports podcast a preset on the iHeartRadio app using Apple CarPlay or Android Auto.
Speaker 2: Road Trip all summer with LA Sports Show some Money, AM five to seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio APPIC. Thank you to Dave Assa joined us last hour. He is already out at Dodgers Stadium in his network Blue Polo, prepared once again for a champagne bath of celebration after the Dodgers clinch the NLDS in this game. Four Yankees, of course, knocked off the Blue Jays in emphatic fashion in game three, and everyone figured here they come. That was their moment, Aaron Judge's back. Blue Jays end up closing it out and advance into the NLCS see whether or not the Cubs can extend their series against the Milwaukee Brewers after getting their win in Game three. So Dodgers pretty much right in step with the rest of the league in this NLDS. The Cubs and Brewers will tangle after the Dodgers in Phillies, who have their first pitch at three zero eight pm out at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 4: I know you're excited about the pitching matchup, Matt. Let's get to it. The top story of the day, top story of it.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm listen. I might as well just go through it and reset, because I don't know what percentage of people listening tune in at twelve seven or whatever time. We got this thing. True flex, a true flex, a true super flex. But to repeat some of the things that were discussed early, we were there. We were there in that moment. We've all lived it, whether we were there in person in a suite with a dejected boss who had a big bonus on the line, or you were there at home staring at the TV, or you were at a friend's place who was having a watch party, or a local bar that is known for gathering Dodger fans. In the most high leverage moments of a Dodger season. In twenty nineteen, Walker Bueller gets into some trouble. In the seventh. Dodgers are up three to one at home, two outs. Kershaw comes out of the pen. Dodger Stadium is on fire. People are freaking out two on, two out, and Kershaw is dealing Adam Eaton three pitches, three strikes, strikeout. Play is juiced, freaking out, losing their minds. Game five, Dodgers up three to one, and then all of a sudden, the top of the eighth comes. Everyone's like, oh no, but what do we at? Kershaw going back out there? Home run, home run, tie game, Kershaw pulled, Kenta Mayada comes in, retires three straight, all by strikeout. Joe Kelly works a perfect ninth, but a tie game goes into extras, and of course we remember how it ended. Should have been a Game five win for the Dodgers three to one, had Maida just been given the ball in the first place and Kelly got in the save instead. Howie Kendrick Grand Slam top of the tenth Leroy Nieman painting of Don Martin exhausted, exasperated, disbelief, and it's a reminder that there was not one person that was excited about Kershaw going back out there. He did his job, he got his one out, He juiced the stadium a karmic wave of high octane emotion that would have punched a Dodger ticket to the NLCS. Instead abject failed. Here now a little bit different last night. The three to one is in the opposite direction, but same deal. Dodger bats can't get hits, sucks all around, but still three ones. You gotta lineup that can do late game damage, as they have all season long, all playoff long. And it worse, forced the Phillies to use high leverage relievers that could then be tired for Game four, high leverage for the Dodgers. And the seventh and here comes Kershaw. Same deal, place goes crazy. He's got to deal with the top of the lineup, and it's not a great start. Trey Turner, single Schwarber walk two on, no out. Now all of a sudden, places on eggshells. You get Harper to line out. All right, now you got Schwarber in a pickle. You pick him off at first intentional walk to the boomer, wait to go boomer, wet it go bummer, and then a Brandon Marsh lineout.
Speaker 4: Freaking awesome.
Speaker 2: Kershaw hits the seventh inning with two on, zero out and manages to get out of his own mess after twenty three pitches with nothing, but guts into the bottom of the seventh, the score still three to one, and what happens. Miguel Rojas, Tommy Edmund and Shoho Tani raup, Brojas weak, ground out, Edmund ground out. Otani takes a home run swing Apo, but in that night air it's held up. So once again the Bats could not deliver on the dramatics that Clayton Kershaw provided them that the fans so desperately wanted. Imagine Kershaw comes out of the bullpen zero's in the seventh, the offense awakes, gives him the lead, He ends up getting the win. They punch their ticket into the NLCS. Everybody's freaking out. How about that for an exclusive day? But now they should have been better against Suarez. They weren't. I didn't like the Rojas for pahz the inning before and hated it even more in the moment. But then history Raperti, history repeating.
Speaker 4: The propeller heads.
Speaker 2: Yep, Fassie propeller heads. Kershaw sent back out there twenty two pitches in a pick to get out of the seven, and then he goes back out for the A And when it's four to one after the first homer, you don't go get him super not cool. And it wasn't just that moment. Yamamoto was bad. He was not himself, worst start he's had in a month and a half. The bats were awful. And now, pee, we got Tyler Glass now as we flipped the page to the positive, a guy who was an ace for the Rays, a pitcher who, by all accounts everyone says when he's healthy, has some of the best stuff in all of baseball. And last time I checked Tyler Glass now is in fact healthy, is he not? He has been shaky.
Speaker 4: They said he's healthy.
Speaker 2: That's what they've told us in the month of August. And again, this is not Blake Snell, Yamamoto or Sho hail Tani. In the month of August, the Dodgers unfortunately lost four of his five starts, he allowed three or and runs and two of those two and two others and one and a hard luck loss to the Cardinals seven innings, just a single run alout. In September, had a rough go again against the Giants, five inning, six hits, four walks, four runs in a win. It is not necessarily what it has looked like for Snell, Otani and last night. Notwithstanding Yamamoto, it may be a step. But again, even if it is a step below Blake Snell two, Cy Young's Yamamoto will finish likely second in cy Young voting this season. So it is still really really, really really good. But Tyler Glass now is gonna have to show some metal. It's gonna have to earn that mister Cartoon mask that he wears to be part of the band.
Speaker 4: Seeing the mister Cartoon maybe, Tony.
Speaker 2: Maybe tonight, Hey Glass, Now, this is your moment for all of the Budweisers and the bud lights and the nips and the abs and the celebrations and the mister Cartoon masks trying to be part of the band a bunch. You gotta earn it tonight. It's an opportunity for you to earn earn the celebration, Earn the opportunity to drink those beers, to spray that champagne, to wear the mister Cartoon mask because he's going up against a guy that's gonna finish third or maybe even second in the Cy Young voting, Chris Sanchez, who was pretty freaking nails in Game one. That sixth inning got away from him. Prior to that, it shut this offense down, and Blake Snell just happened to work pitch for pitch against him, keeping that thing in the balance before Taoskar Hernandez could hit that Titanic bomb for a five to three victory. So you want your nips and your abs out for all those celebrations last year. Perfect opportunity for Glass now to silence the critics about his hard party in ways despite being injured for the entire postseason run by ensuring that the Dodgers don't have to go back to Philadelphia for a fiveh eight pm first pitch Pacific time, eight oh eight pm at the Bank. Those people will be so moved and liquored up, it'll be like a prison house with Otani on the mouth. Earn your nips, earn your abs, earn your bud lights and earn your mister cartoon mask. Blake Snell has certainly earned it. Let's see if Glassnock can do the same. I believe can.
Speaker 4: That's very positive, Matt, that's good.
Speaker 2: Try it. It's a little bit of adjustment made on that one.
Speaker 4: A lot of people were excited when they saw Blake trying and warm it up with no hat. I got a lot of texts about that. See of that talk about a victory. We'll be right back win or lose, and we'll wrap it up on a seventy LA Sports and get it to Tim Kates with Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck Game four of the nl DS. It's getting hot and heavy at Dodger Stadium. Glass now versus Sanchez. Enjoy it.
Speaker 3: Hello, PMS listener.
Speaker 1: Did you know Am five seventy LA Sports has a wide range of LA sports podcasts.
Speaker 3: There's Rogan and.
Speaker 1: Rodney, that one is my favorite, Dodger Talk with David Vasse, the Dodger Podcast of record, Clipper Talk Without a Muscle, follow us all and many more. Just go to AM five to seventy LA Sports on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: Well mercifully coming to an end as the one and only Petros and Money Show, a quick two hour jaunt because of the Dodger loss last night. You can podcast the show on the iHeartRadio app for your smartphone. Tim Kates will put it up. You can stream it live. A big thank you to Ronnie Fossio, our engineer, and Tim Kats, our executive producer, who will be next with Marongo Dodgers on deck. Do you feel like we had a good mix of positive and negative here or not? I do.
Speaker 2: I think it started out incredibly negative. I was a little little too aggressive. Perhaps, you know, we hit the air, but you know, I think the tone was set from the handoff. You know, we're asked to pick up a couple of yards and the person that was handing us the ball is drunk and fellow and tripped over their own feet and the ball is bouncing around on the ground and we got to pick it up on the defenses, right on our face. So perhaps that led to some of the negativity and the frustration that was aired. But Dave, I think, you know, Dave Assay was the voice of reason. Cooler heads prevailed and I think we're getting out of here feeling a lot better about this whole thing.
Speaker 4: Well, we'll see how it all shakes out. Jonas Knox and Dave Damashek will be in tomorrow for an NFL preview, a great pairing, and I'll try to join the show.
Speaker 2: If I am lucid, I believe I will be in the air for the show's entirety. That would preclude you, DoD They have phones on airplanes now, Yeah, they have that airphone that you run your credit card through. Tim, It's like twenty bucks a minute.
Speaker 4: Still, it will only keep you a few minutes.
Speaker 2: Just pulls right out of the back of that headrest.
Speaker 4: We'll be back on on Monday as a show, will be back on Our show will be back on tomorrow at three o'clock. Have a great night, everybody, and good luck to the Dodgers. Tim Kate's coming up next with Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck.