Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball. One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball. Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 2: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 3: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can't they print money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 4: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 6: Now your pregame host of the world champion La Dodgers tam Cats.
Speaker 2: Hi, everybody, and a happy Sunday afternoon to you as Morago Casino Dodgers on Deck is off and run as we lead, jump to Dodgers and the Angels. As the Dodgers forty two and twenty three on this season, eight games up in the NL West. After a walk off win on Friday night, the Dodgers came back and pummeled the Angels last night. Today they go for the season sweep over the Halos.
Speaker 4: She and on the mound.
Speaker 2: First bitch from Uniclo Field at Dodger Stadium is coming up at one ten. Over the next hour here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from former Dodger reliever now Angels reliever Kirby Yates.
Speaker 4: That's coming up in forty five minutes.
Speaker 2: We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup in the series finale, We'll hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. David Vassa will join us throughout the hour. We got the latest on the Dodgers' injury news. We'll hear from Charlie Steiner coming up in about thirty minutes. We'll also visit with Kirsten Watson from Sports and at LA. We got your Tawny Rewind coming up in about ten minutes, and in just a few minutes we'll head out to the kalpin Ford Broadcast booth with Steven Nelson and Rick Monday. Well. Last night, the Dodgers fell behind early, only to explode for one of those crooked numbers in the bottom half of the first. The Dodgers fell behind one to nothing on an Oswald Perrazza RBI triple that went off the glove of Andy Paez with two outs off of Yoshi Nobu Yamamoto, as the Angels took the early one nothing lead.
Speaker 4: However, that lead would not last very.
Speaker 2: Long as the bottom of the first came up Jack Honowitz had one of those innings he like to forget. Show a Otani reached on an infield single. Then up comes Andy Paez, the two to pat his.
Speaker 3: High in the air the t plip field, Andy Potts into the Dodger Penn and the Dodgers into the lead. Fourteenth home run of the season for Andy Potters.
Speaker 4: It's a two to one lead.
Speaker 7: By the way, did we mention the All Star balloting is open?
Speaker 1: You did?
Speaker 2: Dodgers dot Com vote for Andy pat has to get into the All Star Game. That is the top tier play the game, brought to by Arco quality, top tier gas for a last So.
Speaker 4: Two batters into the bottom of the first Dodgers with a.
Speaker 2: Two to one lead. Folks, they were just getting started. Next batter, Freddie Freeman, single to left. Next batter Mookie Betts single to center, runners on first and second. Wild pitch puts runners at second and third. Max Munty reaches on an infield single. Bases are loaded. Still nobody out. Dodgers a two to one lead. When up came Ryan Ward. Betts Mounsey around the bases, the old one toward swings and drives on toward the left center field gap. Carrying back toward the wall. It is off the top of the wall.
Speaker 3: Freeman will score bets coming home. The relay is cut off. It's a two run double four Ryan Ward and a four to one Dodger lead. That ball was absolutely smoked to the opposite field, nearly put a hole in the wall.
Speaker 1: Ryan Award.
Speaker 2: With the two run double, Dodgers double their lead to four to one, and they still weren't done. Finally, Alex call struck out for the first out of the inning. That brought up Dalton Rushing, who walked. Loading the bases. Kolhanowitz was done income suitor. The next batter, Alex Friedland grounded into a fielder's choice. Zach Nato decided to throw the ball to Lincoln Heights. All the runners would score. Dodgers with a seven to one lead, and they still weren't done. The very next batter show Hey Otani, who let off the inning back up again in the first homer to center two runs shot. Dodgers scored nine runs on seven hits in the bottom half of the first inning. That was more than enough run support for Yoshinobu Yamamoto, who would cruise through eight innings, allowed just one more hit the rest of the way, did not walk a batter struck out for ninety three pitches thrown. He gets the win. He improves his six to four. Dodgers get the win again over the Angels. They've now won five straight over him. Here in twenty twenty six, Dodgers go for the sweet today at forty two and twenty three, an eight game lead in the NL West, going into action today with Emmett she and on the mount of the series finale with more, we head out to the galloping for the broadcast booth as we say good afternoon, Stephen Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 8: Guys, All right, Tim, Happy Sunday to you and yours wherever you may be.
Speaker 1: It is Puffs in the park day.
Speaker 8: So humans and four legged friends are making their way around the warning track ahead of this series finale, the Freeway series finale in twenty twenty six, and the Dodgers trying to return the favor. What the Angels did last year sweeping the season series against the Dodgers in twenty twenty five, the Dodgers can do it. Here in twenty twenty six, we last night it was a little bit of a laugh for nine to the final. The second run for the Angels was a garbage time home run in the ninth off Jack Dryer, but still a comeback win for LA.
Speaker 7: It was how about this, You're trying to figure out what's going to happen? Okay, game one of the series. It's scoreless until the bottom of the ninth inmy and then Fred Freeman a free two pitch hit, a whole run, Dodgers will walk off. They went at one to nothing. Well, the Angels scored in the top of the first last night. They take a one to nothing lead, and then the Dodgers in the bottom of the first inning had six consecutive base hits before there was an out recorded. They come up with all nine runs in that opening frame. Go figure, because you never know what you're going to see when he come to the ballparks.
Speaker 8: And what we did see is the Dodgers scoring nine runs in the first innima game for the first time since June of twenty twenty one, when they put up eleven on the Cardinals. So you look back at last night and Yoshinoba Yamamoto continues this dominant stretch for a Dodgers starting pitching. You got to see a couple with two run blasts from Oltani pie Haz strengthening his All Star case as well. And today the lineup looking a little bit different. They're resting some of their big guns, as Will Smith is down for a second consecutive night or day rather, Mookie Betts is getting a breather, Andie Pi has a rare day offer him as they get ready to hit the rope.
Speaker 7: I think you're going back to last night mentioned Gom a boat of them. How about the fact that he gave up two hits in the first inning, but after the triple by Piazza, which is the second hit in that first inning, he went on to retire the next twenty two batters. He was absolutely sensational. He got the velocity up. He made only ninety three pitches and sixty nine of those were strikes. Just a phenomenal start. And we saw another addition the last night's Dodger ball club. That was defense. And sometimes you know you just have to stop and think, hey, wait a minute, A couple of plays here, a couple of plays there, can make a huge difference. It was like the defensive clinic really for both teams. In Game one, the Dodgers had the gloves going again last night.
Speaker 8: Last thirteen starts now for the Dodgers' staff seven to one. The starters records that he are of one point.
Speaker 4: Three to four.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, I feel like, you know, the last several series that we've called together, we've been trying to make a point of highlighting the glove work that we've seen both infield and out field. And so it's it is a treat and kind of the off it forgotten part of Major.
Speaker 7: League Well, it's a treat, but I think it's also part of the confidence that the Dodger pitchers understand is, look, let me force the batter to hit the ball because I've got some guys with gloves standing behind me, no.
Speaker 4: Question about it.
Speaker 8: So, Emma chan you're gonna lean on the Dodger defense behind him, which looks a little different without Andy Pys and centerfield that's where Alex call is playing, Brian Ward and Kyle Tucker on the corners. All right, Tim, we're gonna get it back to join you a bit later as we approach first pitch and get a key from Mo.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you, Nelly, As we cut you down the first pitch on this Sunday afternoon, Dodger fans get that game day meal and Shakey's Pizza Parlor. You can order that Shaky's Pizza and Chicken and Mojo's right now at Shaky's dot com.
Speaker 4: We're off and running here.
Speaker 2: Al Morogo because you know Dodgers on deck coming up. You're gonna hear for the manager Dave Roberts. You're gonna hear from former Dodger now Angels closer Kirby Yates. We'll check in with David Vass Say. Of course throughout the hour. You got your map moment, Charlie steinerstops by a injury reports. But up next you're Otani rewind An. We'll visit with Kirsten Watson from Sports and at LA. The Dodgers last night had a little something happening in the dugout. We'll talk about it. So he leads you up to first pitch. Dodgers and Angels, thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kass, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunters game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Angels one final time from the ravine image she and Jose Soriano.
Speaker 4: The pitching match up. First pitch coming up at one ten.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewhyd bitch.
Speaker 8: Otani swings and bounces one high chopper right side. He's charging down the line and.
Speaker 3: He beats the throw from Piazza.
Speaker 8: That chopper had a parachute on it on the right side of the infield, and Otani had the gas the pedal to the floor.
Speaker 4: The tire away. Old Tony drills one toward left field.
Speaker 1: This one is out of who.
Speaker 3: An opposite field missile from Old Tony. The Dodgers second two run home run of the first inning.
Speaker 2: Show Hey Otani two for two in the first inning alone. The infield single, then the two run home run four hundred and six feet to center field has eleventh of the season. Otani finished the night two for four, two runs scored. Since May fifteen, show he is hitting four to sixteen, seven doubles, two triples, four home runs and eighteen runs batted in.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 2: Hey Kirson now joins us live from the stadium. Brought to you by Cars for Kids, Cars four Kids Dot org All right, Kirston. Last night during the game, Kirsen, some unworn did visitors and the Dodgers dugout.
Speaker 4: What in the world? Yeah, what in the world is right? Okay?
Speaker 9: So I am from Florida, and you know in Florida we have Paul meadowbugs, which are flying cockroaches. And when I tell you this is basically what we saw in the dugout last night. It was maybe the size of a remote controller.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 9: It was massive, No massive, tim okay, massive, and I don't Unfortunately there was more than one, okay. So the first one was when Yoshinobu was on the mound and it started crawling through a hobby and Joe the clubbies, they saw, the ball boys, bad boys, they saw it, and so we all see it and I'm like, gotta kill it. You got you, Someone has to kill the cockroach. I'm so sorry, but we cannot live this way. And Blake Snow turns around and he's like looking for it, and they started crawling towards Mark Pryor all right, and Mark is trying to play it cool, and we're like, Mark, it's getting a little close.
Speaker 4: You need to kill the cockroach.
Speaker 9: And then he didn't want to kill, so finally Blake Snell he kills the first one. Now we're in between innings and that's where the camera catches everyone. So everyone is at the batrack trying to just you know, get ready for there are bad normal procedure in between innings. As guys are getting ready, then another cockroach came crawling through. That's when you saw chaos because everyone is in one area hobbies, jumping around all scared. Tod Ad the show Hey comes over, He's like, what is ever looking at? Then he starts jumping around.
Speaker 4: It was a whole thing.
Speaker 9: That was when Andy pulled out the bat started essentially stabbing poor life on the grittor on the cockroach started stabbing the cockroads. It was it was true chaos, but it also was the funniest thing because then again, like these are grown, massive men all and I don't be fair. I was allowed to scream. You know, I'm just a girl. I can scream at the cockroaches and I'm like, kill it, kill it.
Speaker 4: You guys have to kill the cockroads.
Speaker 9: And they all started freaking out, and it was just the funniest thing. And then you add just one more layer, a few minutes minutes later, one of the coaches, JT he works with kind of more behind the scenes with on the hitting side. He is leaning up against the back of the dugout and all of a sudden he starts feeling like something was crawling on him. He jumps up, he starts freaking out. So, yes, it was really quite the experience.
Speaker 2: If you needed another reason to get Andy Pajus to Philadelphia for the All Star Game, if the fourteen home runs fifty three RBIs eight fifty two ops weren't enough, the Factory saves lives a hero.
Speaker 4: Not all heroes were a cape.
Speaker 2: Some of them were at number forty four in Rome center field for the Dodgers.
Speaker 9: I will say ahead of our interview last night, so I had him for the walk off.
Speaker 4: He was like, why me?
Speaker 9: I said, what do you mean why you You had a home run, you got the slug back, and you were killing cockroaches. Okay, he started dying laughing, and so I.
Speaker 4: Guess you probably should have brought it up, but it just did. I didn't know that.
Speaker 9: I saw that we put on on our broadcast, but he didn't really have his I don't know. I didn't know that it had that much traction, that is it did it had legs, so to speak, and ooh, well done, well done.
Speaker 2: All right, Kirison, Well stay safe out there during the game, and we'll keep an eye for more cockroaches in that Dodgers Doug, I appreciate.
Speaker 4: We'll check out the after the games.
Speaker 2: Coming up, David vat Say goes one on one with Kirby Yates. We'll also get you an injury report and we'll hear from the manager, Dave Roberts when we come back. Dodgers and Angels on this Sunday, first pitch of one ten. I'm Tim Kaises is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers.
Speaker 4: On Deck.
Speaker 1: On your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 2: Low Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Sunday as it leads up to first pitch Dodgers and Angels final game of the Freeway Series. Marongo Casino Resorting Spot a Grand Slam for good times, Image Sheen and Jose Soriano. The pitching matchup first pitch coming up at one ten.
Speaker 1: He's the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 2: Report presented by UCLA Healthy official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers, Taoscar Hernandez on the IL at the left hamstring train.
Speaker 4: Tyler Glass now.
Speaker 2: Moved to the sixty day IL because of the lower back problems. Blake Snell also on the sixty day IL. He is throwing off a flat ground and when Diaz also recovering from that same surgery on his elbow to have bodies removed. He is doing baseball activities, as is Brock Stewart, who threw a sim game yesterday coming back from a left of bone spur in his foot. Tommy Edmond is in TRIPAA, Oklahoma City, as he is getting closer and closer to coming back off the sixty day IL and making his twenty twenty six debut. Let's head back out to the stadium. Here's manager Dave Roberts after the win last night.
Speaker 4: Anything else, Dave? Do you some questions for Dave?
Speaker 6: Dave?
Speaker 1: Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 4: Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 1: The dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 7: Shubert, you said, all the.
Speaker 10: Lease from your machine right here is working at.
Speaker 9: Where you like right now.
Speaker 11: I think so, you know, I think that you know it's it's it's almost like from the start, from the pitching standpoint, the starters, the relievers, we have a lot of guys that know what they're supposed to do, are doing their jobs. We catch the baseball really well. And then on the offensive side, you know, we do enough to we take a lot of good at bats, and I still think that if you look at up and down the lineup, there's a lot of guys that really aren't doing what they're going to do. But I still feel that with the the sum of the parts where we're still very good offensively.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that is an understatement.
Speaker 2: They scored nine runs last night in the first and in cruising to a ninety two win. Is Dodgers getting great starting pitching and of course getting great offense when they need it. All right, when we continue here on Rongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck, we will check in with David Vaza. What a day he had yesterday, Mike Drout on Dodgers on Deck, Miles.
Speaker 4: Garrett on Dodger Talk. What does he do for an encore? He joins me.
Speaker 2: Next he leads up to Dodgers and Angels from Uniclo Field at Dodger Stadium. Tim Kase is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Tack on, the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Angels squaring off one final time in the Freeways Series. Dodgers going for the season sweep. Imma China on the mount. First pitch coming up at one ten. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by al Poto born in La and Maine. For your game day, El Poto brings authentic Mexican style tomato sauces, sauces and hot sauces, El Poto Gourmet and a can.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 5: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David base.
Speaker 4: A right DV.
Speaker 2: We talk about the superstars on this Dodgers team a lot and rifleys so, but there's a couple of year young guys really imprinting on this team recently, Ryan Ward and Alex Freeland.
Speaker 4: What have you noticed about these two?
Speaker 5: They seem to be a lot more relaxed since they both got called back up. Obviously, Freeland called up when Keith k A Hernandez went on the IL but stayed after all that happened and Kim was sent down and he he told me in Arizona, Tim after he had that you know, three hit game and was on base four times, that really did something for his confidence and really helped him feel more comfortable. And he's performed. I mean, the numbers are there for him since he got called back up. And same thing with Ryan Ward. You know, he was here for such a short time when Freddie Freeman went on the paternity list last month. And this is this allows a young player like Ryan Ward to understand that if he does go over four one night, he's not being sent back down to Oklahoma City. He understands that the opportunity is here for a month while ta Oscar Hernandez is injured with that left hamstring.
Speaker 2: David is brought to you by Ford Here for those who build America, especially those who believe that given everything today will pay off tomorrow. Right now, Ford is offering employee pricing to everybody American value for American values. To go to your Southern California forty dealer today and visit by Ford now dot com for more information.
Speaker 4: Blake Snell. What's the latest on snell Zilla?
Speaker 5: David Yes, nell Zilla was playing catch from about sixty five feet today for the second time in three days, and I was standing with Freddie Freeman when Blake Snell was playing catch out there and he did a double take. He said, he's thrown pretty hard out there. For how long did he have his surgery? I said it's only been two and a half weeks. And he said that's pretty impressive that he was a that he's able to throw as hard as he was. And once Snell was done playing catch, he came over to me and said, I feel great. I was throwing eighty one They clocked me eighty one miles an hour. So things are going really well for Blake Snell. After having not just one bone chip removed like Trek Scouble he had, he had a little bit more of an involved procedure. There were multiple bone chips that needed needed to be removed, and they had to go through some canals in his elbow to get some of those bone chips out. But that's what makes all this even more impressive. And doctor Neil Elatrosh is the guy that came up with this nanoscope procedure to allow pictures like Snell and Schoolball to come back and be pitching for such a quick turnaround.
Speaker 2: Thank goodness for doctor Neil elatrosh David, great stuff. We'll check back in with you in.
Speaker 4: Just a little bit. Coming up here on Wrongo, because you know, Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 2: We're gonna hear from Charlie Steiner, We're gonna hear from Kirby Yates's David Veasse goes high and tight with the Angels reliever. But up next your Dodger's Magical Moment. Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Kass, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audiowork.
Speaker 6: This is Wrongo Casino Dodgers Hunt's game on your home for La Dodger's Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and the Angels on this Sunday afternoon, beautiful day here in southern California. And then she and so Jose Soriano the pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at one ten, I do It's not a ball.
Speaker 1: Game without a hot dog.
Speaker 4: Who wants a hot dog?
Speaker 1: It's time for the Haffy Magical Moment. Pitch Magical presented by Hawpy hot Tis.
Speaker 2: We go back to September third, twenty twenty four, the Big A and Anaheim, the Dodgers and Angels went to extra Indians when we had ourselves some Mookie moments.
Speaker 1: Oh Tani with a huge lead at first base. Here's the pitch from contreras Kie Swans. HiT's a drive, keep put failed, This.
Speaker 3: Ball's back, This ball's got a home run.
Speaker 1: Mookie Beets with a murky moment.
Speaker 5: And Anaheim a three run shot, and the Dodgers have opened it up in the tenth Oh Mookie Bets with this fifteenth home run.
Speaker 4: It is six to two Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Mookie Bets with a three run home run in the tenth is the Dodgers explode in extra innings to go on and beat the Angels six to two. This Hofey Magical Bamba brought to you by Hofey Hot Dogs, Hoffey so Cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Hofey hot Dogs, Local and so great. Well we continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We will check in with Rick Monday and Charlie Steiner also coming up about ten minutes.
Speaker 4: You're gonna hear from Kirby eighth Frommer Dodger reliever now.
Speaker 2: With the Angels, so lead you out to first pitch, final game of the Freeway Series. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on deck. W on your home for the Blue All season.
Speaker 2: Locked Dodgers Angels, final game of the Freeway Series, Dodgers going for the season sweep. Time down for the Verizon startup. We are thirty five minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in that low price for three years so you can save big. Visit your So Cal Verizon store today. We say hello to Charlie Steiner.
Speaker 10: All right, Tim, It's getaway day. The mini homestand about to come to an end. The Dodgers winning the first two games of the three game series against the Angels and looking for a complete six games sweep in the season series against Anahei, a nine to two final for the Dodgers. Last night, the Angels finally scored a run in the first inning. It marked the first time in the entire season in the meeting of these two teams that they held a league.
Speaker 4: But it wasn't for long.
Speaker 10: For about ten minutes as the Dodgers came back with nine in the bottom of the first and cruise to the nine to two win. Well it was just another shell act.
Speaker 7: Well, well another shell ackting. But for the Dodgers. Remember that that comes on the coattails of a one to nothing victory in Game one of this series, and that was because of the home run by Freddie Freeman to lead off the ninth on a three to two pence. So the one game was a toss up, and last night Angels got tossed up in losing that ballgame. Interesting too, Charlie, you start to look. I mentioned this last night. The starting pitching for this Dodger ball club no runs allowed over the last nineteen innings coming into last night, and now to update it, the Dodgers have their starting pitcher has not allowed more than two earned runs now over the last fourteen games. You talk about just kind of turning things over very nicely to the bullpen, that's exactly what the starting pitching has done.
Speaker 10: Yamamoto last night eight innings, one run, two hits, four strackass, no walks, and he retired the final twenty two batteries that he faced.
Speaker 1: He was locked in.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he was locked in, and then on top of that, he got some very good defense behind him, which if we look at the opening game of the series, this was a defensive clinic really by both ball clubs in game one of this series. And that's one of the areas I think we talk about it, but an area that kind of gets overlooked with this Dodger back club. They do not beat themselves very often with miscues defensively, and it's really held up strong.
Speaker 10: You mentioned the starters. The last thirteen starts since May twenty fourth, they've given up twelve earn runs, forty four hits in eighty and two thirds innings and in ra have won thirty four the last four games, one urn run, twelve HiT's an thirty three er. Last twenty three games they have gone eighteen and five, out scoring the opposition one thirty two to fifty by eighty two runs. Right now, there ain't much that the Dodgers aren't doing great.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Bans on the flip side of the coin for the Angels, because you know, go back to the eighteenth of April. Since that time, nobody's had a worse record the Angels in that period of time up until now thirteen and thirty one, and only the p Andres have scored fewer runs per game than the Angels during that span. So Angels, yes, a young ball club. They're trying to fit in some of the young talent. But it has been well, it's been a piece of work and trying to manufacture some runs.
Speaker 10: Right now, there's seventeen games under five hundred twenty four and forty one. They're tied with the Rockies for the worst record in Major League Baseball. So once again Otani. He had a hitless game the other night. He's back in mcgroove again. It was one of those nights where just everybody contributed.
Speaker 7: Well, how about Otani? You brought his name up. Otani, if you look since the twelfth of May, has hit on a four to twenty clip. So he went from a two thirty three batting average, which was back on the twelfth of May, to entering today's game hitting right at three hundred. You talk about a big turnaround, That's exactly what Otani has done. A lot of ball clubs may be hoping that Otani pitches and doesn't hit very often anymore.
Speaker 11: Either.
Speaker 10: Well, it's off to Pittsburgh next and then to Chicago. When was the last time the Dodgers made a road trip out in that direction. We're both teams, the Pirates and the White Sox were actually pretty good.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's a little bit different, and they're going to be facing some pretty good pitching on top of it. The Skeins this schedule to start for Pittsburgh. Otanny, yes, is going to be in that mix. Also in that series he may have to put up with a little bit of rain in Pittsburgh. And I think back remember when Vinceculley he used to talk about Pittsburgh as, Oh, we're going to Pittsburgh, Well bring the raincoader an umbrella, because Vinnie was saying, of all the towns the Dodgers ever went to, rain was most likely in the city of Pittsburgh.
Speaker 10: And Macheean making a twelfth start of the season this afternoon. He is in search of his fourth win of the year three and two, a four point fifty era Jose sorryana who passes for the eighth of the Angels going for the Anaheim Club six and four to two seventy two e er off day tomorrow. That is on to Pittsburgh and then to the White Sox lineups in first pitch for our game, Game sixty six on the season. Coming up in a.
Speaker 4: Bit, Tim, all right, thank you, Charlie.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Baseball is present by Uniclo Field at Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 4: Visit Uniclo dot com.
Speaker 2: Slash you still the coming here on Dodgers on deck. Before first pitch, we'll get you a previous pitching matchup. As he alluded to, Stephen and Rick will have the keys to the game. But up next, go high and tight with former Dodger reliever, albeit briefly now at the Angels, Kirby Yates. That's next as we lead you up to first pitch on this Sunday, I'm Tim Kates is the.
Speaker 4: Back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Clean you up to Dodgers and Angels aw this Sunday image she and Jose Soriano.
Speaker 4: The pitching matchup Dodgers Baseball's brought to you.
Speaker 2: By Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio Broadcast.
Speaker 4: When it's game day, it's group day. And Shakey's dot count and now.
Speaker 6: What will likely be vess a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 4: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This this high end tucked.
Speaker 5: Well, we're joined right now by a guy that was a very special part of last year's World Series team, a teammate that was beloved by everybody in that clubhouse. And when the Dodgers were in Anaheim, they presented Kirby Yates with this twenty twenty five World Series ring with his walkout music the boombox. The entire team came to celebrate a guy that wasn't on the postseason roster, and Kirby h joins us right now. He is part of the Halo's bullpen. Great to see you and same style glasses, but different color, different.
Speaker 12: Color, different color. Yeah, thanks for having me. You know, a special special moment for me. Is very neat to saw all those guys come and do that for me.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 12: I meant a lot, and you know it's something I won't forget. Just uh, you know, unbelievable memories that I generated here in one year.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 5: How unexpected was it to have that type of celebration of you in Anaheim when the team gave you the ring.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I you know, I didn't know who would show up or who was good do it. You know, I figured it'd be a couple of bullpen guys just because you know, my homies. But you know, I got along with a lot of guys in that clubhouse. I made a tremendous amount of friendships and relationships that I feel are gonna last for a while. And you know, it was I it was such a fun year. You know, I hadn't pitch grade at all for you know, second half of the year or whatever you want to call it, after I got hurt. But and that was really tough for me. But you know, I'm thankful for those guys because you know, they made it fun every day coming in the field anyway, and you know, we wanted to want a ring, and that was you know, it's it's why I went came to la is why I came to be a Dodgers to win a ring. And we did that and just you know, super proud of those guys and something I'll never forget.
Speaker 5: Kirbie, what can you tell us about the postseason the workout days? Because my understanding is that's where the greatest appreciation of you throwing on those workout days to hitters to keep them sharp really came from. Can you explain to us what was taking place and why you decided to be that guy for the team?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean it was part of me too, right. I was trying to get healthier and see where I was at, see if I could contribute in any way, and so I was trying to throw and do it for me too, to see what I was capable of. And you know, if I'm getting healthier, if I'm feeling better, just all of that. But you know, I wanted to help them as much as I can. I didn't want to be a distraction. I didn't want to be, you know, a guy that people were talking about in a bad way or a negative light or anything like that. You know, I didn't want to do anything to get them out of their routine. I tried to help them as much as I could, just to if it took pressure off them in any way, something I could do, something I could say. Just tried to do anything I could to help us in any shape or form. And that's kind of just what it boiled down to.
Speaker 5: What do you remember the most about Game seven, other than the benches clearing a little brew haha that you were involved in.
Speaker 12: I just remember, it was the absolute best roller coaster ride I've ever been on, ups and downs.
Speaker 1: You know, it was just I never had nerves.
Speaker 4: I wasn't.
Speaker 12: It might have been worse that you're not playing, I don't know, but because I had, I was so nervous the entire time. And I mean it was surreal. Once the double player was hit at the end and Freddie caught the ball, I mean it was, you know, just joy. I couldn't stop crying for a while.
Speaker 8: A lot.
Speaker 12: I shed a lot of tears and just you know, just a surreal moment and just like a proud moment for everybody. And you know, I couldn't believe that, you know, I could call yourself a World Series champ.
Speaker 5: That's what Kirby Yates is. And he was a big part of it as far as being a great teammate and obviously contributing in his way now Game seven, obviously the Rojas home run, I was trying to spot you where you were? Where were you when Rojas hit the home run?
Speaker 12: I was probably right Mexican Flordo. I think we jumped the rail, you know, unbelievable moment and you know, waiting for him the top step of the dugout and just you know, pumped for me essentially, you know, just Miggie did it, just like it was so fitting.
Speaker 1: And so good for us.
Speaker 12: Just such a crazy, crazy moment too, just like one of that's the roller coaster I'm talking about, just the roller coaster emotions. But yeah, top step hopped over, the rail, went over, you know, probably hit him in the head a couple of times. Excitement, but you know, so cool.
Speaker 5: All right, Kirby eats before I let you go. Now that you've got the ring, how many times have you tried it on? How many times did you look at it? The day you got it? In Anaheim, I was so nervous.
Speaker 12: When I got it that I put it right into a safe And then finally my family came over the last couple of days, so you know, I showed them and uh, you know, it was cool to share that with them and have them see it and put it on. You know, I got a niece and nephew that put it on. They were like, wow, this is so cool. It's so big and it's surreal. Hard to imagine that. You know where I came from, what I did that. You know, I have a world Series ring and I'll always be proud of it, and I think it's very neat.
Speaker 5: Whenever they have the reunion for the twenty twenty six World Champion Dodgers, Kirby Eights will be there. What will be the one thing that you would want us to remember about that team?
Speaker 6: Ooh?
Speaker 12: You know, just the expectations and you know the kind of the c saw of the season that you know, in terms of what we were supposed to d be and what we did, and you know how people were kind of writing us off and all of that, and yet we still finish first. You know, that team went through a lot last year. I don't think people really realize how banged up the entire team was. Guys were playing through things, and yeah, we still came out on top, and I just think that was minute. It's an incredible team.
Speaker 5: Do you think these guys can three pet?
Speaker 12: Well, I'm on the other side, so I can't say, but I think they have all tools and you know, I wouldn't put it passible.
Speaker 5: Thanks a lot for the time lovely living last year with you and all those guys, and certainly you mean a lot to all of us. So continued success, stay healthy, and watch out for your traveling secretary over here with the Halos Well Tom Taylor walking right by right at the perfect time. Kirby Yates will receive a gift card to Hobby Airs. Whether it's in Newport or their new location in Pasadena, you can always find the best Mexican elevated cuisine. Enjoy. I will there, he goes, Kirby Yates, a world champion. I'll send it back to you.
Speaker 4: Tim, all right, thanks a lot of DV.
Speaker 2: You have the first pitch on this Sunday Dodger fans coming up nax Well.
Speaker 4: To have deeper into this great pitching matchup. Don't you go anywhere.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim kas Is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers audio nowhere.
Speaker 6: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tack on your home for the Blue all season long leading.
Speaker 2: Up to Dodgers and Angels on this Sunday, first pitch coming up at one ten.
Speaker 6: And now before the Dodgers hit the dinack, we look at the pitching matchups brought to.
Speaker 2: You by your Toyota dealers. We make it easy. Jose Soriano on the mounds. Six and four to two seventy two ERA twenty seven year old right handed out of the Dominican Republican his fourth season, He's become the eighth of this Angels staff. It's been a tail though the last couple of months. Start off really good. Six starts to the season was five and zero with the sub two ERA. Last seven starts one in four an ERA near five. Last time out four and two thirty inightings three runs, three hit, seven strikeouts, seven walks in a no decision against the Rockies, making his fourth career appearance, third start against the Dodgers, He's one and one with a five to twenty five ERA and thirteen strikeouts.
Speaker 4: Dodgers got to him last month at the Big A.
Speaker 2: He pitched into the sixth inning, was pitching well until they unloaded on him six runs, six walks in a loss. Emmett Shean goes for the Dodgers three and two. The four to fifty ERA twenty six yearld right hander, now finally healthy in his fourth season in the Big League's making his twelve start of the season, tying a career high.
Speaker 4: He set last year.
Speaker 2: He's allowed three runs are less than seven of his outings this season, including for the last five starts. Last time out six and a third innings, two runs, three hits, two home runs, three strikeouts, and a loss to the Arizona Diamondbacks.
Speaker 4: It's his second career start against the Angels.
Speaker 2: He gave up five runs and five innings and a seven to six Dodger loss last August at the Big A and Anaheim. Emmitt Shean Jose Sriano. Dodgers going for the sweep this weekend and the season sweep in the Freeway Series. We're fifteen minutes away from first pitch. He's to the game arc coming up next. Don't you go anywhere. I'm Tim Kates's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: Dodgers and Angels.
Speaker 2: I mean she and Jose Soriano the pitching matchup on this Sunday afternoon. So get you ready for the start of the game. Where the Sapporo start. Uh, great moments start with Sapporo beer. Whatever your taste preference. Sapporo has you covered with a variety of crisp and refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beers. Soaporo good with sushi, great with baseball. We head back out to the booth one final time before first pitch. Steven Nelson, Rick Monday, Guys.
Speaker 4: Thank you TC.
Speaker 8: First pitch is coming up shortly from Emmett Sheen, starting opposite the Angels Ace Josse Soriano. Last time the Dodgers saw him in Anaheim in the middle of May, as eure was one point sixty six below one point seven.
Speaker 1: Now it's still good overall.
Speaker 8: You wouldn't bet an eyelash at it at two point seven to two. But all that to say that it has gone up since the Angels Hurler last faced La, So give me a key in this one.
Speaker 7: Well, first of all, don't expect him to walk six batters in five and a third as he did in Anaheim in that series. He's going to be more competitive than that. He's a guy that throws very hard to begin with, has good breaking stuff on top of that, especially the curve ball, the splitter and the change up to go with that. So make him throw strikes. The natters have been pretty good in deciphering if it's a ball or a strike in which pitches they're going to be offering to. But for Shean, it's going to be interesting because two runs on three hits and six and a third and that loss in Arizona, both of those runs came on the solo home runs. But we've seen now an uptick in the velocity of m at Sheen, which in my estimation really improves its off speed pitch because guys cannot just sit on one particular pitch.
Speaker 8: Not only did it tick up a little bit, he maintained it not doubting. I think that was the the biggest sign of encouragement for him. Obviously the game didn't end the way he or the Dodgers would have won it, but still those are the positives at this juncture the season with a guy like Amage and that you are going to lean on to be sure. So now offensively show heel Tani against his former club. MO I thought this was, you know, noteworthy. He's played fifteen games against the Angels, He's batting three thirty nine six home runs. He's driven in eighteen against his former club.
Speaker 7: Though, yeah, so you're figuring, okay, what about the skin of reports? Did they not know what he can hit a little bit better? Of course, pitchers haven't been able to figure that out because since the twelfth of May show Hey o' toney has moved his batting average from two thirty three up to as it since today at three hundred, because in that period of time he's only hit four to twenty.
Speaker 8: Now, one thing, tim as we wrap things up, they want to win a day to complete the sweep. Another reason why they want to win, they got Paul Skeen's waiting for him in Pittsburgh. So look, yeah, let him wait, all right, you don't have to wait much longer for the first pitch of the game that's coming.
Speaker 4: Up shortly, all right, first pitch right around the corner.
Speaker 2: I'll keep an eye on what's happening in Phoenix is the Diamondbacks take on the Nationals. That game tied at one in the bottom half of the third inning, got the Padres at home coming up in about fifteen minutes against the New York Mets Dodgers. Going into play today with a comfy lead in the NL West, eight up on San Diego eight and a half games up on the Arizona Diamondbacks.
Speaker 4: Spud take care of business today.
Speaker 2: See what happens elsewhere, and the Dodgers could be adding to that lead.
Speaker 4: We'll find out she In takes them out next.
Speaker 2: David Vassais got you covered on the post game when this one is all over. Enjoyed everybody. This has been Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the back to back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network