Speaker 1: Spidey whips Thanos in the first.
Speaker 2: Rumor has its X Men casting.
Speaker 1: Jonah kill is gonna kick your ass.
Speaker 2: And my catch phrase before sex, all of that and so much more here on news dump Lrip. Big Pussy Yeah uh.
Speaker 1: Sopranos actor Vincent Pastori aka Big Puss has pass away at the age of eighty.
Speaker 2: Sad, looking like a lot of the older characters on that show will be.
Speaker 1: I mean, we are we are what twenty six, twenty seven years removed from the first season, So makes sense.
Speaker 2: Well, because that is the first show that everyone thinks of as like the modern change in television. But that's also from nineteen ninety nine, right, right, because I think about this all the time of there's so many celebrity deaths. That's because there are so many celebrities now, and that started in the seventies into the eighties. Because even in the eighties, it's not like you lose like say an act or something like that. It's this fringe person that was popular for one thing. Yeah, exactly nineties even more, give us thirty years when all these influencers start going, it's gonna be like seven celebrity deaths a day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll get to watch TikTok videos of funerals and whatnot.
Speaker 2: News damp not's a lump, big pussy with all those people. But I'm just I'm telling you about a modern day you know what we view and whatnot. But hey, Max, you see this story? You hear about this story. I don't have any information on it. I just wrote the headline. Do you have any info on it?
Speaker 1: Apparently there was a theater cleared out by someone who let go of a wretched fart during a Spider Man.
Speaker 2: And if you use the word wretched, I'm guessing this is in England.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know. I don't I just saw a headline.
Speaker 2: This man let go of a wretched fought this whwanka. According to reports, the theater was in Columbia.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Short of someone shitting on my chest, I don't know if I would have got up and left the theater.
Speaker 2: How big is the theater?
Speaker 1: That's that's what I'm curious about, because if we're in Londone, it might be pretty small.
Speaker 2: But also if it's a big theater and he does this, he or she, I don't know, is it a man?
Speaker 1: There's like an eighty percent chance it's a.
Speaker 2: Man, whoever did this. That's impressive.
Speaker 1: Actually, it's like a ninety seven percent chances man, because it's probably eighty twenty male to female audience. And then on top of that you already have like another ninety to.
Speaker 2: Ten tighter man. I would say, closer to seventy thirty.
Speaker 1: Okay, but then on top of that a ninety to ten chance it would be a male to rip that type of fart. So whatever those two odds combined.
Speaker 2: As because then you also need to think about if the person would be embarrassed by doing this or kind of like let's see what slips out and if it's not that bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so another male type of risk.
Speaker 2: That's a male risk. A woman's not going to risk that. No, no, no new is done over at the box office this past weekend, not enough farts could clear out Spider Man from becoming the biggest opening of all time domestically three hundred and sixty million dollars, beating out the measly amount of three point fifty seven by endgame. That's not with adjustment of inflation and whatnot, money is worth a different amount, now, did you know that?
Speaker 1: So they say, so they say go Also on top of that, because the Odyssey, still in theaters, is still making quite a bit of money, uh fifty point one million domestically, this weekend has the new distinction of being the biggest domestic box office weekend of all time with over four hundred and twelve million. So you have Spider Man, you have The Odyssey, you still have Toy Story, Minions and Monsters and Mawana in the theater, so all the audiences, all the peoples can go to the theaters and watch.
Speaker 2: Now. I do question, is there some kind of a stat for Tom Holland being responsible for so much of that percentage?
Speaker 1: And Zendaia and Zendaya and John Barenthal and John Barenthal quite the cross a toss any Martiny. No, those are the only three.
Speaker 2: Any of the Odyssey actors in Minions and Monsters probably probably, I know George Lucas is.
Speaker 1: Goo. Also, on top of setting the new domestic box office record for the weekend, Spider Man now has the biggest opening domestic day of all time at one hundred and sixty year.
Speaker 2: So that was the Thursday, but it included a Wednesday screening, so it kind of cheated.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, that is cheating. I don't like that. You have a nice little fun fact, little note, little stats here, stat boy, The only two movies ever to eclipse three hundred million are Endgame in Brand New Day, and Spider Man became the ninth movie to top two hundred million domestically on its opening weekend of all time gou However, worldwide, Spider Man's number two, number two hit top two behind Endgame.
Speaker 2: He is inevitable.
Speaker 1: Spider Man hit nine hundred and thirty two million worldwide, which is insane, and still somehow three hundred million behind Endgame, which got to one point two to two billion, which is crazy. That is so much money.
Speaker 2: M hmm.
Speaker 1: Also, Spider Man's gonna be hitting the Imax theaters this weekend, ruining Odyssey's hold over it, so that's interesting.
Speaker 2: But the Odyssey is going back to Imax theaters after that and staying until like mid September.
Speaker 1: Yeah, September sixteenth, due to the demand. So I think they're both gonna be in Imax concurrently. That'll be interesting. And speaking of the Odyssey go second to fifty point one million, it's up to three hundred and ninety five million domestic League nine hundred and twelve million worldwide. That's going to hit a billion in the next week or two. So it's kind of insane how much money these two movies are making.
Speaker 2: And then Toy Story five continues to make a little bit of money. It's now over one billion dollars millions and Monsters six million, Mawana five point six good, that's ma wana farting. I think they cleared out the movies. Oh that's what okay. If I'm Disney, I'm saying Mowana would have done better. But someone wearing a Spider Man costume farted in the theater and he ruined it for everybody. That's why no one's going. The invite has passed forty million worldwide. This is on a production budget of ten I'm sorry, six million dollars. It's tracking to finish its run at sixty million dollars. The six million dollar production budget makes complete sense. There's four actors in an apartment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's a major success there. I mean I still have been wanting to see that, But obviously Odyssey and Spider Man have been taking up my theater time.
Speaker 2: And Obsession has become the fifth highest grossing horror film of all time. The film might pass five hundred million, that is worldwide, becoming the biggest original film of the decade.
Speaker 1: Yeah, massive, huge news damp.
Speaker 2: Kevin Figy teases at that at the end of Spider Man Brand New Day. It leads into another very well known Marvel franchise created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby Mack. Who could that be?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so to me, it strikes me. So the franchise is created by Lee and Kirby are Fantastic Four, X Men, Avengers, Thorn, Hulk. So obviously here he's talked about the ending when Jean Gray is going upstate and oh.
Speaker 2: By the way, spoiler spoilers, I think everyone knows by now.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Also knowing who the character is doesn't spoil the movie.
Speaker 1: No, it certainly does not. It is a nice reveal, but it certainly doesn't. I think he's clearly talking about the X Men, him, Jean Gray going upstate in that bus. I think we've seen Fantastic four, We've seen a.
Speaker 2: Ve Yeah, what if they say now, like Hulk, you guys are gonna get your Hulk. I know that you've been demanding it for a while, and we've given you twenty hulks. Here's another hulk.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Kevin Foggy says there are plans for Spider Man five, but Tom Holland and Zendea will rest first. How do you think they rest.
Speaker 1: Little R and R. You know, it's probably probably very sexy, those two very sexy folks. I bet they rest sex sexual, sex sexually sexily? Is that a word?
Speaker 2: Do you want a second take? No?
Speaker 1: I think I'm working through it here sexually sexully. Is that a thing?
Speaker 2: They work through it sexily?
Speaker 1: They work through it sexually. I think as Figi says that they deserve the victory lap here and also Figi and I think it's Amy Pascal, the head of whatever the name of the studio is. They like obviously want Dustin Daniel Kretten back to direct, so they're gonna get that team back together and maybe put it in the break a new record, set a new record.
Speaker 2: I would like if they tried to come back within three years.
Speaker 1: Though that seems unlikely because you have the next year and a half with two Avengers movies, right, so they probably wouldn't even start. They probably start shooting in three.
Speaker 2: Years, I know, but you want six years between the movies again.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't, but that seems really.
Speaker 2: Seven years, No, twenty twenty one.
Speaker 1: Let's say four. Let's say four.
Speaker 2: Four still a lot.
Speaker 1: Five for this last one. Let's say four for the next one.
Speaker 2: News Den Kevin Figi says fans will be incredibly satisfied and incredibly surprised by the ending of Avengers Doomsday. What did he say?
Speaker 1: Then we'll have a hard time waiting a year for Secret Wars. Great quote, Kevin. I think that we're gonna be also agreeing with this statement. I think from what the rumblings are, it sounds like because Goo, they was talking about establishing doom right, and then I also think they can't do the same ending they did Infinity Wars.
Speaker 2: You don't think half the characters can die again.
Speaker 1: I think there's gonna be a lot of deaths. Don't get me wrong. I don't think they're gonna leave it on the same note as Infinity War, because they already did that.
Speaker 2: I would like for permanent deaths.
Speaker 1: I think we're gonna see that, yeah, or maybe more in Secret Wars, but in these two movies. So I'm I'm really intrigued. You obviously I was intrigued anyway, But I'm really intrigued.
Speaker 2: Look, everyone that's cautiously optimistic about Doom, you can shove that up your butt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 2: Marvel is back. Movies are back back, baby, Marvel's dead. It just set a fucking record. And I will say though, people do have a different standard, a different thought about Spider Man movies where they almost don't even include it in these other Marvel movies anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's true.
Speaker 2: News damp Sonny boss Tom Rothman has made a statement on the historic success of Spider Man brand New Day. What did roth Man say?
Speaker 1: Rothman said, Spider Man is uniting people across cultures and ages. People can piss on theatrical all they want, but that's one thing that only movies, weird movie theaters can do.
Speaker 2: This victory lap out of my face. What a weird thing to say.
Speaker 1: He also mentioned goo there are no Spider Man villain spinoffs in active Defense gone. He said, ultimately the audience wasn't satisfied enough with them. Whether that's a fair assessment of the movies, who knows.
Speaker 2: What a weird Okay, this guy pretty much like he's just made all this money.
Speaker 1: He says in denial.
Speaker 2: He put his fingers up and he's like, fuck everybody.
Speaker 1: Sony did it again.
Speaker 2: And we know those other Spider Man spin off movies are good. You guys are all dumb.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you fucked it up.
Speaker 2: Well, is this the same guy that blamed critics? Is like the critics made people think these movies are bad when in fact they can't think for themselves.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it could be.
Speaker 2: This guy stinks stinks news dump. Speaking of Spider Man, Andrew Garfield says he would be open to doing a new Spider Man film if the idea is very strange.
Speaker 1: What did he say to see talking strange?
Speaker 2: No, I think you want an av on guard.
Speaker 1: He wants spooky.
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Garfield said. I would want it to be just completely unexpected, like a genre of Spider Man that you've never seen before. Maybe like a road trip movie. All right, he just doesn't want to play Spider Man.
Speaker 2: I mean I think that he would have been great, and this is something that they should have thought about. And while I loved what Nicholas Cage did, I think he would have been awesome as a little bit younger Spider Noir. Yeah, that could have worked, because Garfield is just great. Yeah, and we both said it while we loved Cavee a little bit of an older posture, Simmons is old. I think that Garfield would have been great.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 2: I like that idea, and that's weird. Now it's been done, so Garfield won't do it.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: But if it was before the show, Garfield might have done it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very true.
Speaker 2: Is now mac X men it So you're telling me that we'll find out the cast at d twenty three, that's your guess.
Speaker 1: My guess is in a week and a half we'll get the full X we do know two? Yeah, so far confirmed won by this movie. Sadie Sink of course is Gene Gray. And then somehow we've only got one other confirmation that Samara Weaving is playing Emma Frost, which the Internet is a blaze about. The Internet is so curious who's going to be cast as Scott Summers to be able to get both of these two? Yeng.
Speaker 2: I tossed the name it you and you said he's too cool. Yeah, because I've seen Jacob a Lordie being someone that might be in this movie. They haven't linked to anything, but I'm going off of the fact that X Men, the animated series X Men ninety seven, they've almost gone out of their way to make Cyclops cool again. Would they do that on the big screen casting a cool dude like a Lordie to be Cyclops.
Speaker 1: You mentioned that, and then I saw a connection that makes way more sense. A Lordy is a gambit.
Speaker 2: Oh, that would be cool goo.
Speaker 1: Indy Navaretti, who we saw star in Obsession.
Speaker 2: She's been pounding the desk. She wants this so bad, and you know what, I like that.
Speaker 1: She says she wants to play Mystique. I think now that we've all seen what she looks like, we'd all like to see her in the mystique get up. She said she also met with X Men director Jake Skreyer, so why not? Why not? She loved Thunderbolts because it captured that old school Marvel vibe, vibe because it's character driven.
Speaker 2: Sure and her are the same, and her Spider Man pointing meme.
Speaker 1: Other rumored castings here Charles Melton as Beast, Kaylee Spanney as Rogue Jamie Laws in his Storm. We saw her in The Batman as the Mayor. I think she's the Mayor. Drew Starkey as cyclops. I don't know who that fella is. Adam Driver is, mister sinister. He's been rumored to be a part of the cast.
Speaker 2: Every fucking character in this cast. And Bill Scarsguard as Professor I like that. I don't so the reason why. And we've talked about this. I want and I like this, lesser known actors playing the X Men. But you need those anchor actors, big well known actors to be a Professor x, a magneto, or a villain.
Speaker 1: I think Bill Scarsguard is not charismatic enough to play Charles Xavier.
Speaker 2: What if instead of being charismatic, he's very deadpan and he's the real.
Speaker 1: Villain, Well, then maybe that'll work.
Speaker 2: So once again, Mack is saying, wait another week and a half and we're gonna know all this shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure more of these will get trickled out, but I think we'll get the announcement during D twenty.
Speaker 2: Three is de Yeah yeah. Abdul Mateen the Second releases a statement after wonder Man has been canceled. What did yeah? Yeah, abdul Mateen the Second say, he.
Speaker 1: Said, that's life right, everything that shake.
Speaker 2: That's what he said. He's saying his statement.
Speaker 1: I'm glad we got to be part of something cool. Thank you for watching. And then the show runner, Andrew Guest, released a video in regards to the show being canceled and said that was a decision that was made internally between Disney and Marvel, that this didn't make sense for them, even though a few months ago did now to that, I would say a few months ago they were not planning on a season two because it was such a smash success. They're like, god to season two, and now that they've thought through it, they're like, that really doesn't make sense to make another.
Speaker 2: It also fits with the motif of the show of this actor who it's peaks and valleys. Yeah, he went up and now it's like, never mind. You asked him many questions on this set of The Ryan Murphy Show. Yeah news, dam mahersla Ahli says he's moved on from Blade.
Speaker 1: I have moved on. I'm good. You had men under contract. If they wanted to do the movie, we would have done the movie. So we're not doing the movie. They didn't want to do it, so they should answer that question.
Speaker 2: Oh well, it sucks. We've known this for a long time.
Speaker 1: I mean I really want to see that movie. But it's also like, yeah, not surprising. It feels like Marshall al Lee just found out they're not making them.
Speaker 2: But could they make this movie with a new actor who has jumped to the forefront as telling you he's gonna kick your ass? News dump? What did Jonah Hill say? Mac?
Speaker 1: Jonah Hill says jiu jitsu hasn't ready to annihilate incredible word usage, annihilate anyone who still sees him as the fat guy from super Bad. Jonah, I don't care if you add forty pounds of muscle in your shredded You're always gonna be the fat kid from super Bad because that's who you.
Speaker 2: But also, why is that such a bad thing? Patrick Renna he is. He played the great hand Bino in the Sandlot. He's doing his new show UH with Danielle Fischel. What an amazing swing by him. Great work. But he was on some podcast and they said to him, how do you feel being known for one character for the rest of your life? Everyone knows you from this movie? And he said, there's nothing wrong with that. It's a movie that brought people joy for thirty years. Why would I be upset if someone looks at me and says, oh, it's the hambino.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's got a great attitude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, great attitude.
Speaker 1: Jonah Hill continued, qu I love Brazilian jiu jitsu, except my body's begging me not to leave JJ. My wife is often like, you're not going to become a professional fighter. You know that, right, You're a comedian. She if we get into it, I would fuck you up. I would fuck all three of you up. Jonah Hill continues during this podcast, and then he finishes goo. My favorite thing is people are like, oh, Jonah Hill, fucking fat guy from super Bad, and I'm like, I would fucking annihilate you. Dude. I'm not kidding you. Try it. If you see me, try it, dude, bring it. Who's got it. I don't think Jonah Hill understands that when you were rolling around practicing Brazilian jiu jitsu, people are going hard, but people are not trying to kill you. Additionally, yes, jiu jitsu is useful, but if someone touches you square in the mouth and knocks you out cold before you get a chance to do jiu jitsu, you're gonna get fucked up, and you are not a large fellow man. You're gonna get You're gonna get annihilated.
Speaker 2: Now this brings us to a new segment. Of course Mac has done this in the past, but I'm a little bit of a jonahverse. Why Mac, let me ask you which animals do you think Jonah Hill could kick the ass of.
Speaker 1: I think Jonah Hill could beat a fox.
Speaker 2: A fox.
Speaker 1: I'd give him a fox.
Speaker 2: I uh, I just googled list of wild animals. M I'll just go down the list. Give me a yes or no.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Giraffe.
Speaker 1: I think if you get it really hard in its knee, yeah, you could beat a draft.
Speaker 2: Okay, but you think you could beat a giraffe. Do you think Jonah Hill could beat a giraffe?
Speaker 1: I think anyone could beat a draft if they because once you take out a leg, the drafts just gonna be whipping its neck back and forth, which could hurt.
Speaker 2: That's a good straw.
Speaker 1: Fifty to fifty against the draft, gorilla draft, No one has a chance.
Speaker 2: No, no one. No wombat.
Speaker 1: I don't know really how large wombats are.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll skip the wombat. Then chimpanzee. No shot, no, yeah, probably not leopard no, kowala. Kowalas are a little vicious, plus most of them have gone Rhea.
Speaker 1: Kualas would probably fuck you if you I feel like you would lose to a kowal or if you're gonna lose to a chimpanzee.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna skip rhino. I'm gonna skip chipmunk. That's too obvious. Possum.
Speaker 1: No, most people are beating aposta.
Speaker 2: Here's the issue with the possum. You think that you beat it, you turn your back that things still alive.
Speaker 1: I would I would utilize the possum as a nunchuk.
Speaker 2: You have to tie two tails together, though you need multiple possum to then night pass. So like say, if you were to fight a chimpanzee, but you were given to possum as.
Speaker 1: A weapon, well I could do a little.
Speaker 2: Okay, So what you're saying, you want to hold the tails of each I was saying, you tie the tails together and you make you have possums on each end.
Speaker 1: I want to separate the lightsabers. I want to instead of one noble lightsaber porcupine.
Speaker 2: Those things get pretty big and their spike.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I would just walk away from the porcine.
Speaker 2: I don't care about you. Could Jonah Hill bejj? Jonah Hill? Could he kick?
Speaker 1: He was trying BJJ on the porcupine? He would lose a raccoon, he would beat a raccoon.
Speaker 2: I know that you think you could? Do you think Jonah Hill could kick the ass of a wolf?
Speaker 1: Well, the whole concept of bajilion jiu jitsu is like letting someone get a hold of you and using it against him. So if Jonahill's okay with getting bit in the forearm and then joking out the wolf, then yes, red panda, those things are slinky red panda. Would I think I would beat a red panda? I don't know about Jonah Hill.
Speaker 2: Ram.
Speaker 1: Oh, it'd be hard to be hard. I don't want to get rammed by the ram, that's the thing. How do I get behind the ram? I don't know.
Speaker 2: What do you plan on doing back there? Deer deer's they are deceptive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they just get the little kicks.
Speaker 2: Also, when I was in Maine, one of my cousins who drove up on the day they get Oh, I was driving by the ocean. I saw a deer swimming in the ocean. I'm like that doesn't make a lot of sense. Apparently they're very buoyant, they're large, they're huge.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't want to fuck with a deer, but you know, push comes to shove.
Speaker 2: Maybe elephant, hippo, rhino, all no go Red Fox? You said, yes, yeah, what about the actor Red Fox?
Speaker 1: Red Fox from his Great Jonah Hill.
Speaker 2: Panda? No monkey, no seal? I don't think so seals seal? Yes, maybe where's where's the arena? It needs to be by the water, but not in the water.
Speaker 1: If you're on the beach, the human's gonna win.
Speaker 2: But what if it's a sea lion?
Speaker 1: Sea lions are much larger, but sort of still the same thing.
Speaker 2: Applies, lemur. If it's zaboomafoo, no shot.
Speaker 1: No lamers would fuck you up? You think so it's a boom of lambers? Would fuck you up?
Speaker 2: Octopus, bear, king, kobra, oh, wild dingo? Last one Jonahill would beat a dingo? Actually, last one? Lad Here this is I want to ask you this because it's not a big cat. This motherfucker's fast cheetah.
Speaker 1: I mean a cheetah. So the cheetah is the cat that would least use its clause. But the clause are a big game changer. You could beat a cheetah, no doubt.
Speaker 2: Because you wanted to get close chasing the people.
Speaker 1: Have beaten pumas, and cheaterahs are probably smaller than pumas. So yeah, you could beat a cheetah.
Speaker 2: So you think you could. But could Jonah Hill?
Speaker 1: He could?
Speaker 2: Okay, Matt, you think very highly of Jonah Hill.
Speaker 1: I think highly of humans.
Speaker 2: He's dem Dave Bautista is in talks to play Kratos in the live action God of War series.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't know shit about the God of War games. I never played them. I do know they're beloved, and I love Dave Batista, and Dave Batista's big Krados is big. I'm in on that.
Speaker 2: Dave Bautista would kick Jonah Hill's ass for sure. For sure he's done. Is that just our new thing moving forward? Could they kick Jonah Hill's ass? Like? I don't think I'm not I'm not a strong man. No, I am a strong man. I'm not a tough man. I don't think Jonah Hill could kick my ass, though I would agree with you. I do like how out of like the Jonah Hill stuff, it's all these other actors over the year being like, I fucking hate Jonah Hill. I don't love Jay Barshal. Here's the area goo Jonah Hill versu Jay Barshaw.
Speaker 1: Jonahill would kill Jay Barshaal.
Speaker 2: What a podcast?
Speaker 1: Jay Barshel weighs like one hundred and thirty five pounds.
Speaker 2: I do like that. When they were filming this is the end, Jay Barshaw's like, yeah, a lot of the stuff in the movie was just me really not liking Jonah Hill. Star Wars Visions the ninth or the ninth? Did you forget a letter? Is it ninth or ninth?
Speaker 1: Have you ever seen the word ninth written before? Yeah?
Speaker 2: There should be an e after the end, so this is ninth? Possibly, all right, ninth Jedi got a trailer.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure I copied it paste with that, but maybe I didn't. Uh, yeah, we're getting the So the Star Wars Vision series to me has not well I was looking at you before I was looking at the screen. I'm like, oh, that that could be a mistake. I don't care for the animation style and Star Wars Visions this anime style is not visually pleasing to me, So I'm probably not gonna love this, but I'm gonna give it a try. It's got lightsabers. Why not?
Speaker 2: Is that Booster Gold series is still in development at d C. New creative team is being hired. No actor has been cast yet. This is via the rap and THHR. Do you think DC should do a well known character soon to try and keep the people with them.
Speaker 1: We gotta figure out who our Batman is. We gotta figure it out. As much as we want to believe in James Gunn, you gotta give us.
Speaker 2: At tell the people it's Brandon sklin R.
Speaker 1: Like we don't. We don't necessarily need Wonder Woman, we need Batman.
Speaker 2: So do you think they You just need to tell people who they are and they can still take their time and do the other stuff, but just let people know we do have a Batman one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and especially because like the Batman Batinson that got delayed again, So all this talk about Batman and you're just blue ballsing everyone on both fronts.
Speaker 2: I do like that we have seen Pattinson wearing the suit again. This is different just saying I'm happy with the Batman too. We have seen them wearing the suit again.
Speaker 1: I will say though, like going with lesser known people or characters in series I think is better. I don't know shit about Booster Gold. What I do know, I'm intrigued making a series not a movie.
Speaker 2: And yes that is James Gun's bread and butter. But I do think that you need it as a part of a bigger universe where someone is handling the bigger name characters of like, yes, you are doing The Guardians, the Guardians Rule, but we already have Iron Man, Captain America, hul Can thor over here.
Speaker 1: We have our base already.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's down. Greta Gerwergan, Noah bomb back, are ready to start writing? Bar be too? What are these details?
Speaker 1: So? First of all, this movie should never ever happen.
Speaker 2: No, but I'm guessing they paid them a lot of money, saying pulweeze, make us a Bobby too. What's gonna be different? Barbie's gonna wear a hat this time?
Speaker 1: These folks are married, if if you haven't remembered, they said they're not gonna share the details on the concept or start writing until the deals are finalized for themselves. Margaret Robbie and Ryan Gossing Fair. David Zaslav hasn't signed off yet because he thinks some of the offers are too generous. Okay, So, I mean they're offering a lot of money the way you're gonna get them in the first place.
Speaker 2: They don't want to make this movie. Yeah, like you need to pay them a ridiculous amount of money. There is no sequel to what that first movie is yep.
Speaker 1: And so the offers currently include a percentage of the gross profits if it's successful, on top of the upfront fees. The upfront fee for Gossling he wants twenty million. Understandable Mattel will reboot Barbie without Warner Brothers if no deals are reached by December. I don't think that's true. Mattel cannot use the same talent or story elements at another studio if no deal happened.
Speaker 2: But they can lie to the audience and say it's the sequel.
Speaker 1: If a deal is reached, it will take years before the film hits theaters. This is never gonna happen. It's never gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I could see them trying to go Barbie animated route, but I that's just not gonna hit dump.
Speaker 2: Gillian Anderson says the script for Wrian Kugler's X Files plot pilots.
Speaker 1: Sorry, is brilliant, she said, I cannot think of a better person to take the helm. I was impressed by how different and yet how quintessentially like an X File. It was so we were already in on Cougler. Now Gillian Anderson, star of X Files, is in on Ryan Kugler. I'm really intrigued by Cougar tackling TV because I think what we've all noted in Kugler's movies is it's so character driven and characters really get a chance to shine in television. So give him whatever he wants, let him do whatever he wants.
Speaker 2: I mean, Mac, what is this leftover piece of news from comic Con?
Speaker 1: Yeah, comic Con two weekends ago. I thought this was notable. Seth Green revealed that he worked directly with George Lucas to create an animated comedy series in the Star Wars universe inspired by the Simpsons. I don't know really if that's gonna come to fruition. I don't know if it was like they scrapped it there it's post production.
Speaker 2: Is that a recent thing or is that something I've heard of? There was like an animated show that George Lucas was working on just before he sold it to Disney, So was he talking about that?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know. I'm intrigued by the concept.
Speaker 2: Because I know that Seth Green loves Star Wars. He's done how many Robot Chicken specials on it? Then he does all this stuff with family Guy on it. And I'm pretty sure that George Lucas he admires the you know, I.
Speaker 1: Mean there's something there, of course, and that's been poked fun at before in reference before like Stormtroops getting home from a Dale work, you know, like doing that sort of thing.
Speaker 2: Can you think of another actor that better represents late nineties teens than Seth Green? Maybe on the mail side, because there's always like you know, Buffy their share and like all those yeah, yeah, true, but late nineties angsty teen Josh Hartnett's up there, Brecken Meyer, Jason Biggs. We're building a super team right now, We're building our Avengers, because then you obviously do look at Alicia Silverstone, you look at Sarah Michelle Geller, Jennifer love Hewitt or.
Speaker 1: Doing a mac v gou right now.
Speaker 2: No, We're we're building a fucking team or we're building, We're having a house party. Who were the inviting We did that, right, No, we talked about doing that.
Speaker 1: We should do that.
Speaker 2: We never did it, though, you.
Speaker 1: Should do that.
Speaker 2: Okay, well we'll do it.
Speaker 1: It'll be part of a trio.
Speaker 2: Draft, you know, no topic for the end of the week. So I think we just doubled into that.
Speaker 1: One of the three mini drafts.
Speaker 2: Seth Green is such an interesting person to take because we had him as different character as in the late nineties. Can't hardly wait Scott Evil, his character on Buffy. He's also Brian Griffin.
Speaker 1: Wait, no, he's not Brian Griffin. Seth McFarlane does Brian Griffin.
Speaker 2: No, he's not Brian Griffin. He's the other Griffin. He's the son Griffin. Why might playing Family Guys? He's Chris. I'm the Family Guy. I've seen three hundred episodes of Family Guy. I didn't know his character's name.
Speaker 1: Do you think Lacy Shaber regrets not going back to Family Guy? Yes, she's just doing Hallmark movies instead.
Speaker 2: Like all you had to do and this isn't look it's still a job. You still have to go there. You still have to read for the character. You still have to voice act, but I would imagine having a cushy job of a four hundred episode animated show where you are reading for the fifth or sixth character on there. I think she made a mistake. I agree, all right, well shake on that its doubt makes us similar, that makes us great, but also what makes us different that makes us great.