Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 4: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can they print money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 5: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 7: Now your pregame host of the World Champion LA Dodgers, Tam Cats.
Speaker 3: Hi, everybody, and welcome in to this special edition of Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on this Monday, August the third.
Speaker 5: You're back to back World Series.
Speaker 3: Champion Los Angeles Dodgers sit atop the NL West is sixty nine and forty three. They've got a double digit lead atop the division after a two to four homestand the Dodgers now hit the road, first stop the Windy City for a three game series against the Cubbies. Justin Robleski on the mount of the series opener, first pitch from Wrigley Field is.
Speaker 5: Coming up at five toh five.
Speaker 3: Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck we are allowed less than an hour after the Major League Baseball trade deadline has come and gone, and well, the Dodgers were active today. Not only they got Trek Scoogl yesterday, the biggest deal at the trade deadline, but some other moves today. We got an injury to a Dodger catcher. More on that coming up. And also Image Shean has been sent to TRIPLEA. A lot of moving parts leading up to first pitch from Chicago, but we got you covered right here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. We'll check in of course with David Vase, the best Dodger insider, coming up throughout the Showkeirston Watson for Sports in at LA will be live from the field coming up in just a little bit, and of course we'll head out to the Caalpit for broadcast booth with Tim Neverertt and Rick Monday. Well, the Dodgers yesterday Sunday Night Baseball wrapped up their three game series against the red hot Boston Red Sox, and Image she And found himself in trouble, gave him two runs in the top half of the first inning, and just like that, the Red Sox had a two to nothing lead. However, in the bottom of the second, the Dodgers would answer back. Alfonso and RBI ground out made it a two to one game. Then Andy Piez gave the Dodgers the lead.
Speaker 8: Two ballston strikes, two out, ground.
Speaker 9: Ball passed a diving contras in the right field in the score is Hurt Nandez and right behind him his BUNKSI and the Dodgers had taken the lead.
Speaker 5: It's three to two.
Speaker 9: A two out single, a right off the bat of Andy Pahez.
Speaker 10: We're seeing Andy Paz this year able to go inside out, and that's exactly what he did right there, inside out with the swing, the fall goes to right field.
Speaker 3: Andy Pies, thank you very much. Two runs, single to right Dodgers a three to two lead. Image she and working with that lead, coughed it right up. He gave up a lead off home run at the top of the third, then minute back to back home runs in the top of the third. Two batters after that, another solo home run with of course of seven pitches. He gave up three solo home runs in the top half of the third inning. Two batters later, a hit by pitch. Dave Roberts had seen enough two and two third innings for m Michiean. He gave up five runs on six hits, three home runs in the inning. In the sixth, the Red Sox will continue their home run barrage. Jared Durant a solo home run the fourth of the game, a season high for the Boston Red Sox. Andy Pie has had an RBI double him the seventh, but the Red Sox countered back with a couple more runs thanks to a wild pitch and a pass ball.
Speaker 5: It wasn't pretty.
Speaker 3: Red Sox beat the Dodgers yesterday eight to four to finish off of three games sweep. The good news yesterday was Terrek Skouoble is now wearing a Dodger uniform. We'll hear from him coming up in just a little bit, as he is with the team in Chicago and scheduled to get the start tomorrow in the second game of this three game series. What a roller coaster twenty four hours, though it has been for the Dodgers. They lose to the Red Sox. Hop on a plane they're in Chicago now. The trade deadline has come and gone. Some movie in pieces of this twenty six man roster. More on that coming up justin Robleski on the mountain this series opener, because.
Speaker 5: We got to play a game Wrigley Field.
Speaker 3: First pitch at five oh five and with more Let's head out to the galloping Ford broadcast with as we welcome in now, Tim Neverett and Rick Monday.
Speaker 8: Guys, Tim, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: It is a gorgeous night in Chicago and not very far from the shores of Lake Michigan here on the north side, inside the friendly confines Wrigley Field, where tonight the Dodgers start a three game series with the Cubs. Dodgers sixty nine and forty three, Cubs sixty three and forty nine, but the Dodgers limping in here after a three game sweep at the hands of the Boston Red Sox, just the second time the Dodgers have been swept all season. And a late night, well we could say early morning arrival after four am, and sleep fast and get ready for this one. Here tonight is Robleski at eleven and two takes on Matthew Boyd Boyd six and one in a battle of left handers. A lot going on today today is the trading deadline that has come and gone the Dodgers a couple.
Speaker 8: Of other moves.
Speaker 2: Chris Bubich, a left handed reliever from Kansas City who is very very good, but he's on the sixty day IL. He will not be available more than likely till the end of August early September. But this could be a sneaky good move for the Dodgers. Also, with the catching situation in flux, Dalton Rushing is not on the trip.
Speaker 8: He was placed on the injured list.
Speaker 2: Chuckie Robinson has been recalled from TRIPLEA to back up eliezer Alfonso. But today the Dodgers went out and reclaimed Ben Rortvett and Hunter Faducia, two former Dodger catchers are now on their way here and should be active tomorrow.
Speaker 10: Very seldom DC back to back catchers going on the injured list. You know, we were told less than twenty four hours ago, when Rushing was initially in yesterday's lineup, that he was scratched about forty five minutes prior to game time because what we were told quote minor arm irritation. Well less than twenty four hours later, that minor arm irritation has placed him on the injured list. So the Dodgers have to figure out what they're going to do on that end of it. They also tim have to figure out how they're going to play the game. Because Dave Roberts was very honest after that sweep yesterday. He said they being the Boston Red Sox, they outplayed us, and that's exactly what happened. And for the Cubs, they're trying to get back on track. They just dropped two out of three to the New York Yankees.
Speaker 2: Another bit of news too, just a short time ago, Dave Roberts told Emmett Shean he is being optioned to Triple A and Emmett will make a start later in the week for the Oklahoma City comments. So that's going to answer that question. And you'd think today what the big news would have been Trek school well, meeting the media and talking to the gathered pressure. Today they had to get a separate room outside of the clubhouse because there are just too many people waiting to talk to Trek's Schoobo. That's some interesting things to say, but he will get the start tomorrow.
Speaker 10: Yeah, not that big of an area to be able to hold some things, you know, Sean. That's interesting too because he went just two and two thirds in yesterday's ball game, three home runs and for Dave Robertson after the ballgame, talking about Emitt Shean, he goes, you know, when you're pitching the big league games, you've got to get guys out. In his next comedy, he says, I don't know where we go from here. Well, where they're going to go from here is the Triple A.
Speaker 8: It's the Triple A.
Speaker 2: Well, that's as much of the news as we've got today to gather for you. The rest of it's going to be now, at least for now, the rest of it's going to be the result of the game. As Matthew Boyd, the lefty for the Cubs, who also made a plethora of changes today, and Justin Roblaski, the All star left he will go for the Dodgers. Dodgers and Cubs first pitch not.
Speaker 8: Too far away, Tim, All.
Speaker 3: Right, thank you very much, guys, as we count you down to first pitch on this Monday, Dodger fans, get that game day meal on It's Shaky's Pizza Parlor. Order your Shaky's Pizza, Chicken and Mojo's right now at Shaky's Dot com coming up here on Marongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck. They alluded to it. It's been a busy twenty four hours. We got a lot to get to, including here from Trek Scooble coming up in about forty minutes. David vas Say will join us throughout the hour. He's got the latest on all these moving pieces. We'll hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. We got your own, Tony Rewind, we got your magical moments. We're here from Charlie Steiner map nexo. Kirsten Watson will check in from the field in Chicago, where it's a very happening spot right now. A lot of buzz on the field at Wrigley Field. We'll get the very latest as we continue, as we leads up to Dodgers and Cubs. I'm Tim Katson. This is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: Hi, it's johel Tony.
Speaker 5: This is on deck.
Speaker 3: Listen to Ebie game on the hight Hut Radio up.
Speaker 5: Thank you show Haks.
Speaker 3: We lead you up the first pitch from Wrigley Field in Chicago. It's the Dodgers and the Cubs. Justin Rubleski on the mound.
Speaker 5: First pitch set for five oh five.
Speaker 11: This is the Otani rewhy Otani at two ninety one.
Speaker 8: Furst pitch. He lines all right field bullet. A single to right for Otani didn't take long. The Dodger hum.
Speaker 3: Disiness show Hey Otani last night delivered with a single Otani in the game.
Speaker 5: Unfortunately we only go one for three.
Speaker 3: Couple of walks intentional struck out twice, nowting two ninety two on the season, a three to ninety seven on base percentage as the Dodgers fell to the Red Sox last night by final eight to four.
Speaker 7: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston, Watson.
Speaker 5: And Kirson now joins us. Brought to you by Cars for Kids, the easiest when to get rid of your old car.
Speaker 3: Donate today your car could be picked up tomorrow. Donate now at Carsfrokids dot org. That's Cars with a K. The Major League Baseball trade deadline has come and gone. The Dodgers very active, not only with Trek schoobl yesterday Kirrison, but a couple of moves today and a couple of il moves. Guy getting sent down the triple A. What a busy afternoon in Chicago.
Speaker 12: Really and truly you said it perfectly. There were so much We just sat down with Jave Roberts and there was so much information that came out. So let's start with Let's start with I think the injury side. So Dalton Rushing. We know yesterday out of the game he was spratch dealing with some armstorm soreness. So he actually did not end up traveling with the team overnight last night here to Chicago, so he's not in the lineup. Of course today Elie star Offonzo is going to be behind the plate. But Dave Roberts this afternoon shared that with Dalton not traveling, they did have an imaging that presented a strain in his elbow. He has shared that he does not believe that this is a long term thing. Thinks that it's something that Stulan's has experienced a bit here and there in the past, so they're hoping that it's not long. But there's no exact timeline as to how long it's going to keep him down. So that means, you know, with time on the pock, especially with the trade deadline, they did need to make some moves to help get some support in the catching position. So Ben Bett, who of course we are very familiar with. He came over the trade deadline last year from the Rais. He was at the Mets organization this year in Tripaa. So he has been traded over to the Dodgers and is actually going to be meeting the team here in Chicago tomorrow and should be activated. So Chuckie Robinson is currently here as the backup catcher for Eliezer, but once bet Rart find gets here it should be tomorrow. Dave Roberts was saying, then he will be stepping in. He obviously has familiarity. We saw what he was able to do, you know, essentially this exact same time last year when both Will Smith is down and then Dalton Rushing was being dealt with being hit by or taking a foul ball off of his leg, so he was hurt at the time. So we've seen when Ben has stepped in, we've seen him work with the rotation very closely and have a lot of success. So if you remember, I mean, Ben was the catcher when we almost saw Yoshinobu though a no hitter when the team was in Baltimore, So it'll be good that he is back with a lot of familiarity with the organization with this rotation, so once he gets here, he will be activated. And then Dave Roberts was saying he'll be the primary catcher. He'll take down majority of the work until either Will or Dalton can return. And they also made a move for Hunter Producia we know was also with the organization, was actually traded last year, was a part of that trade that sent him to Tampa. So he will be returning, and it sounds like once he there was a chance he could be seeing him as well potentially.
Speaker 3: Be it back up A busy afternoon at Ridley Field in Chicago, Andrew Freeman and Brandon Gomes working the phones all the way up until three o'clock Pacific, and the Dodgers making a couple of changes to the roster.
Speaker 5: Sent great stuff.
Speaker 3: We will check in with you a postgame still to come here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. We'll dive deep into this pitching matchup. We'll check it with David Vesse, We'll get you the latest injury news, and we'll hear from the manager Dave Roberts. It's the Dodgers and the Chicago comes first pitch from Lickery Field.
Speaker 5: This is coming up at five oh five.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Kas' is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: This this Wrongo Cassino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Monday, leading you up to Dodgers and comes Marongo Casino Resort and Spa A Grand Slam for good times. Justin Robleski Matthew Boyd the pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at five oh five.
Speaker 1: He's the LA Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Injury report presented by UCLA Healthy Official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Dalton Rushing heading to the IEL with the elbows strain, Blake trying it on the I L with the right elbow and flamation. Will Smith another Dodger catcher on the iel at the neck inflammation. Tyler Glass now is going on in a minor league rehab assignment. Blake Snell scheduled to pitch in TRIPAA, Oklahoma City tomorrow in his final checking out the box before he comes back and joins this Dodgers rotation. A busy day with the trade deadline coming and going at three o'clock Pacific, the Dodgers making a couple of moves. Let's head back out to Chicago and check out the Dodgers skipper anything else.
Speaker 1: The questions for Dave Dave? Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 8: Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 1: The dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 13: So he didn't make the trip here, so we're gonna put him on the I L.
Speaker 8: Really don't know.
Speaker 13: The incident even to this day, got scans and it was a an elbow strain mild. So obviously we've got Chuckie Robinson here. He'll be here, you know for the short and we traded for Urt vet Ben who we had last year, and the plan is for Ben to be here tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Does a does he have a ligament tear in his elbow?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 13: No, no, it's not a tear, a strain or a sprain or something like that.
Speaker 8: What's the extent of that?
Speaker 6: How long does that keep a catcher out?
Speaker 13: Yeah, that's that's it's uh, you know, you you assume that he is a quick healer. There was no one incident. So Dalton said that he's had bouts of this in the past, so that's I guess it's a good thing that he's kind of dealt with it. But I don't think anyone knows, you know, how long it's going to be. But but I still don't feel that'll be that long term.
Speaker 5: Is it the U c L or something else.
Speaker 13: I just heard it was elbow, So I don't know specifically, you know, Yeah, yeah, Ben will be active tomorrow much for throwing and that was the part of the throwing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right, there's the manager, Dave Roberts.
Speaker 3: A little bit more discovered there about Dalton rushing and the strain in the yelbow heading to the iel. That's why the Dodgers picked up two former Dodgers at the trade deadline. More on that coming up with David Ves As Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues leading up to Dodgers and Cubs on this busy Monday.
Speaker 5: Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Katson's the back to back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and Cubs on this Monday, Justin Robleski gets the start.
Speaker 5: First pitch coming up at five oh five.
Speaker 3: Dodgers Baseball brought to you by al Poto, born in la and made for your game day. Al Poto brings authentic Mexican style tomato, sauces, salsas and hot sauces right to your plate.
Speaker 5: El Poto Gourmet Kids.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 6: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Bassi.
Speaker 5: All right, DV, what a day it has been.
Speaker 3: The baseball trade deadline coming and going at three o'clock Pacific, the Dodgers making multiple moves today.
Speaker 5: But he's catching moves.
Speaker 3: What does it mean for Dalton Rushing and Will Smith and coming back?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Well, number one, it was more than just a minor irritation that Dalton Rushing was experiencing, or he would be here in Chicago and he would still be on the active roster. The Dodgers have placed Dalton Rushing on the fifteen day IL or ten day IL with a right arm strain, right elbow strain, and Dave Roberts and Brandon Gomes. The Dodgers GM very unclear and vague about the timeline on when Rushing could return. So luckily this all transpired before the trade deadline, and just got off a conference call with Dodger GM Brandon Gomes, who told me that the last month or two the Dodgers had been kicking the tires about bringing back Ben Roortfitt, but with this injury to Rushing, it was a necessity, so they were able to pull that off. Roartfit has not been in the big leagues this year. He's been at Triple A Syracuse for the Mets all season long as insurance for their two catching tandem.
Speaker 8: So he's back.
Speaker 6: And the guy that the Dodgers traded last year for Ben Roartfitt Hunter Fiducca, he's back, and Brandon Gomes said that there's a possibility both guys could be on the active roster as soon as tomorrow, So we'll wait and.
Speaker 8: See how that goes.
Speaker 6: But Alisia Alfonso does have in his has a history with Trek Scuobel. He has caught Schouoble before, so you imagine that Alfonso, at least for tomorrow, would be behind the plate.
Speaker 3: David is brought to by Ford summer sales event. Don't wait hurrying now for the best offers of the year. Ford the official vehicle of Majorly Baseball emit. She and David sit down to Triple A Oklahoma City.
Speaker 8: Yeah, the writing was on the wall.
Speaker 6: To Tim, he's been searching since spring training where he blew me off for asking about his fastball velocity. We were actually at Sloan Park, the home of the Cub's spring training facility, and I asked him about the velocity being down and it never really.
Speaker 8: Got back up.
Speaker 6: And this is something that Dave Roberts said may have been a reason why things never click for she Han this season, because he said there was maybe too much of an over emphasis and focus on Shehn's part to try to reclaim that fastball velocity and it just got him out of whack. So, in Dave's words, it helped she han't get out of the quote hot box and start in Oklahoma City as soon as Saturday. She Ain't actually made the trip with the Dodgers to Chicago. He's optioned and Eric Lower will start on Wednesday. Lower now remains in the Dodgers starting rotation for the time being.
Speaker 5: All Right, we'll see how long that lasts David, great stuff.
Speaker 3: It's been a busy day. We'll check back you with you in just a little bit. As David was there to talk to Trek Scooble, who talked to the media. We're gonna hear that conversation with TV coming up in about fifteen minutes. As Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues, So we lead job to Dodgers and Cubbies from Wrinkley Field. I'm Tim Kates's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: As we were saying this, it's Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and Cubs. Jester Robleski, Matthew Boyd. The pitching matchup will dive deeper into the numbers. Coming up in just a little bit. First pitch set for five O five.
Speaker 8: Who wants hot?
Speaker 1: It's time for the hawfy Magical Moment.
Speaker 5: Bitch Magical by Hawfey Well. The Dodger's taking on the Cubs.
Speaker 3: We go back to last year, Yes, March nineteenth, twenty twenty five, the Dodgers started the season over in Japan in Tokyo taking on the Cubs show, Hey Otani. Everybody on their feet seeing if he'd hit a home run in his return to Japan.
Speaker 2: Meantime, Jack Dryer continues to warm up.
Speaker 8: He's getting ready for his major league debut. To two and Otani hammers one.
Speaker 2: Oh, this ball is well struck, deep bright center, back to the wall.
Speaker 8: That's off the top of the wall.
Speaker 2: Otani around first, he's in the second and Kyle Tucker, well, they're saying home run looked like it came off the top of the wall initially. But Otani comes around with his first home run of the season.
Speaker 3: How about that little Kyle Tucker reference there, And he was with the Cubbies last year as the Dodgers took on the Cubs in Tokyo Show, Hey Otani hits it off the top of the wall. It over for all home run in his return to Japan. This Hofey Magical bomba brought to you by Hofey Hot Dogs, Hoffey Soakhow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years, Hofey hot Dogs, Local and so great. When we continue here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we'll check out with Charlie Steiner for leaning up to first pitch from Chicago Dodgers and Cubs. I'm Tim Kayson's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's a Dodgers and Cubs from Ridley Field in Chicago. Time Now for the Verizon startup is we are thirty five minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in that low price for three years so you can save big. Visit your so cal for Verizon store Today. We welcome in Charlie Steiner.
Speaker 11: All right, Tim amni road trip three games with the Cubs beginning tonight, off Day Thursday, and then the Dodgers and the suddenly surgeon Arizona Diamondbacks. They'll be playing in Phoenix. We the Dodgers, obviously having been swept by the Red Sox. Not only were they swept, they just didn't play well.
Speaker 8: They seemed what's the word lethargic.
Speaker 10: I think that would be a fair comment. And that's one of the things that Dave Roberts says when he's asked a question. He goes, that's fair and then Dave after the ballgame, he just said, he says, you're talking about the Red Sox, says they outplayed us. They also outscored the Dodgers twenty runs to ten. So you know, you look at this, this Dodger ball club. They have been sitting on sixty nine victories for a number of days. And it's not just that series against the Red Sox. The Dodgers did not play really up to their capabilities. You have to go back to that series at home prior to the All Star Break where the Dodgers have just not really been the Dodgers.
Speaker 11: And so tonight they go against the Chicago Cubs. Robleski is going, of course, he has been steady as she goes, a pleasant surprise out of the rotation this year, and the Cubs are going to counter with the lefty Matthew Boyd. And one of the things we have seen this season, the Dodgers have their issues against southpaws.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and Boyd is really doing something. You know, he came off the injured list and since that time and just talking with some of the Cubs of personnel, he has really been well somewhat similar. It's what you're talking about. With Rabluski's that he has been a wonderful boost into this series and we're gonna find out what happens. I mean the Cubs if you look at him, I mean there's second place in the nationallygue Central Division. Yeah, there's six and a half behind Milwaukee Brewers. But you have to look at the wild Card and the Cubs are doing a lot of different things. They have bolstered a little bit. Now, they're pitching. They acquired now Kevin Gosman, he will go into the starting rotation. If you look at the Cubs, they play as good a defense as any team in baseball, and especially over the last month or two in that area. So you know this is a series now too. The Dodgers have to get out of as you're using it kind of referring to they need to get rid of the lethargy or whatever it was that has held him back recently.
Speaker 11: Comes with a big pickup today, getting Kevin Gosman, who's probably their ace going down the stretching on.
Speaker 8: Into the playoffs.
Speaker 11: For as the Dodgers new ace or one of them, Scoopel.
Speaker 8: Is in uniform. It's out out on the field today and ready to start tomorrow.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's a big boost of this ball club. Now they've got to move forward and figure out what they're going to be doing. A couple of guys still banged up, you know, Blake Snell is still close to being activated. If it's going to be on this road trip or not. We will find out. A couple of the guys are kind of banged up here, including the most recent now trip to the to the injured list. Right before yesterday's ball game, we got word at Dalton Rushing, who was initially in that lineup, Well, he was scratched. We were told it was minor arm irritation. Those are the exact words that we heard. Well, that minor arm irritation has now landed Dalton Rushing on the injured list, so they're going to be without his services for a period of time.
Speaker 11: And Chucky Robinson is back again, So the Dodgers looking to fill in the blank behind the plate. And we still don't know the immediate or even long term future of Will Smith.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and that led to the fact that you think back to last year, you know, very very limited action, but out of necessity, Remember they acquired the services of Ben Rutvett. Well, he has been reacquired within the organization.
Speaker 8: He's not been.
Speaker 10: Called up, not activated, but he is available in case they have to go to the well again.
Speaker 11: Well, apparently you can go home again. Seemingly all season, the Dodgers have had the best record of the National League. Now they find themselves a half a game behind Milwaukee. Milwaukee at sixty nine and forty two, the Dodgers sixty nine and forty three as they begin this three games series with the Cubs. Over the last fifty seven games, Dodgers and Cubs had the same record thirty four wins and twenty three losses. So it's a there's a big test for the Dodgers trying to get off the schneid. Beautiful night at Wrigley Field. Lineups in first pitch coming up in just a.
Speaker 3: Bit, tim All right, thank you, Charlie, as we lead you up to Dodgers and Cubbies on this Monday afternoon. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by it our friends at UNICLOI Field at Dodger Stadium. Visit Uniclo dot com, slash at us still to.
Speaker 5: Come here on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 3: We'll get a previous pitching matchup keys to the game, but up next, Trek Scooble talk with our own David Vasse in the media just a little while ago at a Wriglar Field. You'll hear that next to lead you up to first pitch from Chicago.
Speaker 5: I'm Tim Kates is the back to.
Speaker 3: Back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: Right, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 1: On your home for the all season long.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Cubs Chester Robleski Matthew Boy the pitching matchup, first pitch coming up at five five. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shakey's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner the Dodgers Audio Broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night at Shaky's dot Com.
Speaker 7: And now what will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 5: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 6: Earlier today, Trek Scooble met with the media at Wrigley Field. Here was part of our conversation with the Dodgers new superstar left hander.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean initial reaction. You know, there's a lot of emotion right. You know, I spent eight years with the Detroit Tigers and that space. You know, that place will always be special to me no matter what. But in the same breath, you know, I'm excited to be here. You know, I'm excited to compete with these guys. And you know, when you watch them from across the way or just see him, you know, do their thing on TV, you just have a lot of respect because they play the game the right way. And you know, the entire focus of this organization is on winning championships and and that's my entire focus of playing baseball.
Speaker 8: So we're very much aligned.
Speaker 4: And you know, I'm ready to go out there and compete and and give this organization and city everything that I've got.
Speaker 6: I know, there was a lot of talk about you possibly being treated, but when it finally happened, were you surprised?
Speaker 4: I don't know if surprised was would be the right word I would use. It became pretty clear what was going on, you know, later on after my start on Wednesday, losing that game kind.
Speaker 8: Of felt like the.
Speaker 4: Like that that was kind of it, you know for me in Detroit. And yeah, so I'm not surprised, but it didn't make the you know, the news any easier, you know, because I love a lot of those guys there, and I got a lot of respect for everything that they do and and how they go about their business. And you know, those guys are they're not just my teammates that a lot of those guys are like my best friends on and off the field. So you know, I wish those guys nothing but the best, you know, and I'll be rooting for them unless we're playing them.
Speaker 6: What was it like coming into the dugout in the middle of the game yesterday and just introducing yourself to new teammates.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, I feel like I met a lot of people yesterday and just to be able to you know, say hi to everybody, and the excitement and the energy that those guys have was awesome, you know, and obviously the you know, seeing Dave and getting that reaction was pretty cool too. You know, we've we've talked through you know, all Star games and stuff like that, but that's kind of limited interactions. But you know, I've I've always had a ton of respect for this organization and how they go about their business and and obviously winning World Series, you know, the last two years, and you know, watching that stuff on TV has has kind of fueled me, you know, And and those are the aspirations I want as a player, you know, to to be on top and when the last game of the season and looking forward to trying and doing all those things is here. Every team could trade for me, you know, every team could make that acquisition. And yeah, I don't really sympathize with people that blame the Dodgers for for anything they've done. You know, they've developed a really good organization. They draft well, they acquire talent, really well, they retain talent. It's a winning organization.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 4: The complaints seemed to be because they've won the last two World Series, you know that. I don't think it was like that three years ago. So I don't I don't really sympathize with people that are complaining because the Dodgers, you know, do all the right things.
Speaker 8: How well do you know Tony? How well?
Speaker 4: How well do you know you know briefly, you know, all Star Games, the MVP, the awards dinner in New York. Got to talk to him a little bit there, But yeah, not as well. Our relationship will grow, I'm sure, And you know, I'm excited. You know, he's a you know, he's he's a unicorn talent. You know, there's really no one like him that's never done what he's done in the big league. So I'm excited to just watch and appreciate his greatness, you know, as a teammate.
Speaker 6: After his press conference, Schooble got ready for his start tomorrow as he will make his Dodger debut and pitch at Wrigley Field for the first time in his career. Tim, we'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 5: All right, thank you, DV.
Speaker 3: Terry Schoogle sounds like a great guy and he'll be on the mount tomorrow making his Dodgers' debuts. I'm playing long toss today in the outfield at Wrigley Fields. He ramps up for tomorrow. Speaking of tonight, when we come back, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. Don't you go anywhere. It's the series opener, Dodgers and the Cubs.
Speaker 5: I'm Tim Kates. Is the back to back World Series Champion Dodgers audio no word.
Speaker 8: As we were saying.
Speaker 7: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and Cubs from Wrigley Field in Chicago. First pitch in this series opener coming up at five or five.
Speaker 7: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 5: Brought to you buy your Toyota Dealers. We make it easy.
Speaker 3: Matthew Boyd on the mount before the Cubbies six and one with a three forty one ERA. Thirty five year old veteran left hander in his twelfth season now in the Big league's making his thirteen starts today, making his seventh starts since returning from the IL. He's four to oh with a two thirty one ERA since then last time out, seven shutout innings, four hits, five strikeouts in a no decision against the Cardinals.
Speaker 5: His last two starts, he's getting up.
Speaker 3: Just one earned run over fourteen innings opposing hitters or hitting just over two hundred and his last four starts opponents batting just one twenty eight with twenty two strikeouts against his slider, which is really good.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Matthew Boyd is two to one with eight three seventy to two ERA and nineteen strikeouts in four career appearances against the Dodgers. He is going up against the All star Justin Robleski eleven and two two eighty eight ERA twenty six year old left hander has been fantastic this year, making his eighteen star last time out wasn't great six innings, gave up a career high four home runs and a no decision against the Mariners. Dodgers won twelve of Robleski's seventeen starts, and his ERA ranked seventh in the National League. Robleski right now walks per nine innings one point six eight that is won fourth in the National League. His whip opponents ops all top ten as well. He's facing the Cups for the second time in his young career. His first start at Rickley Field, he went six innings of no run baseball against him. Last April, make that just past April against the Cubbies, he gave up four hits and walked his one while striking out six and picking up the win. So it's Justin Robulski looking for his twelfth win of the season. Matthew Boyd tried to remain hot for the Cubbies. We're fifteen minutes away for first pitch. Keys to the game of our next. Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers. Audio Nevere.
Speaker 7: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunters game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: He's the Dodgers and Cubbies from Ridney Field in Chicago series opener.
Speaker 5: Justin Robles Sky Matthew Boyd the pitching matchup.
Speaker 3: So get you ready for the start of the game with the Sapporo Start Great Moments, Start with Sapporo Beer.
Speaker 5: Whatever your taste reference.
Speaker 3: Saporo has you covered with a variety of crisp and refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beers.
Speaker 5: Sapporo good with Sushi, Great with Baseball.
Speaker 3: One final time before first pitch, we head out to Chicago.
Speaker 5: Tim never Rick Monday, guys.
Speaker 8: Tim, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: We count you down to the first pitch here at Wrigley Field on a very very busy Monday afternoon slash evening here in the Midwest. Matthew Boyd gets the start. He's six and one with a three forty one ERA. He comes back off the injured list and he's made seven starts since he's four and oh.
Speaker 8: The one to nine three.
Speaker 2: So after coming off the il, Boyd's been very very good for Chicago.
Speaker 10: He's been doing a marvelous job in for Rubuski. A little strange the last outing that was a Tuesday against the Mariners. He gave up five runs, four home runs in the six innings. And you talk about a need right now now they have Rubleski stretched things out because if you look at the bullpend, the bullpen had to cover fifteen and a third innings in a three game series against the ren Size.
Speaker 2: Max Munsey is off tonight against the left hander Boyd. So Boyd against Justin Robleski. That's the pitching matchup. Dodgers and Cubs coming up from Wrigley.
Speaker 3: All right, first pitches, next, keeping an eye on what's happening around the division. Diamondbacks and Padres washing in the square off in about an hour and forty five minutes over in the Desert. Diamondbacks ten games back, winners of six of their last ten. Don't look now, but the Padres only eleven games back. There now four games over five hundred. They've won three in a row and eight of their last ten. It's the Dodgers and Cubs. Justin Robleski on the mound of what has been a very busy Monday with the trade deadline that is coming gone. More on that on the post game with David Vassay, He's got your cover when it's all over and joined everybody Dodgers and Cubbies.
Speaker 5: Next, this has been Morocal Casino.
Speaker 3: Dodgers on Deck on your back to back World Seria Champion Dodgers Audio Network
Speaker 7: No.