Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach. Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 3: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can't they print money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 4: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 1: Now your pregame host of the World Champion La Dodgers, Damn kates.
Speaker 6: Hi, everybody and Alcome in Dumbo Ronggo Casino Dodgers on deck on this Friday night, April twenty fourth, twenty twenty six, as you're back to back World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers back home at the Ravine after a three and four road trip that saw is split in Colorado and then the Dodgers salvage in the series in San Francisco yesterday. The Dodgers now seventeen and eight on this season as they have to return back home for a six game homestand first up a three game series tonight against the Chicago Cubs. She and on the mount of the series opener, first pitch from a Uniclo field that Dodger Stadium is coming up at seven fifteen the games on Apple TV tonight. So sit back and enjoy a little Dodgers baseball right here on the Dodgers Audio Network. Coming up over the next sixty minutes here on Morago Casino, Dodgers on Deck. We got a lot to get to and not a lot of time. You're gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts, David Vasse is gonna go one on one with Freddie Freeman, a proud new papa, a girl dad. Now, finally we'll hear from Freddie Freeman. Coming up in about forty five minutes, we'll preview this pitching matchup. Dodgers' magical moment is coming up in just a little bit. We'll visit, of course, with Charlie Steiner and Rick Monday out at the galloping Ford Broadcast Booth in just a couple of minutes. Well, yesterday the Dodgers had their backs up against the wall, looking to avoid getting swept out of San Francisco. Tyler Glass now got the start, and he was absolutely fantastic. Tyler Glass now has I've never pitched a complete game in the major leagues, but yesterday, he got pretty darn close eight shutout innings. He struck out nine along the way, allowed just one hit and one walk. Over the eight innings, he threw one hundred and five pitches, sixty nine for strikes, retired the final fourteen batters that he faced. Meanwhile, the Dodgers offense held a one run in the first two games of the series in San Francisco. Well, the Dodgers got out to the lead in the second thanks to Dalton rushing.
Speaker 2: The one two pitch. Rushing winds it into center field of base hit Max Bunts, He's gonna be with home. The throw from Gilbert late not to mark an RBI base hit for Dalton rushing, and the Dodgers jump ahead one and nothing in the.
Speaker 6: Second Dalton rushing with the RBI single. That's the top tier player of the game, brought to you by ARCO Quality, top tier gas for less. As the Dodgers up one to nothing, they would tack on a couple of more. In the fourth inning, Max mounts he doubled and scored on a center field there's Drew Gilbert's throwing air.
Speaker 4: Then I saw Kim tacked on. Here's the pitch now Kim lines.
Speaker 3: On the other way a big hit in the left months He's gonna be waved home. Here's Romos's throw play at the play months he saved a foot first slide, but he touched home, played with his left hand before Bailey could swipe a tag and has Sung Kim comes through with two out.
Speaker 7: And Kim takes second base on the throw that goes home.
Speaker 6: Haisan Kim with the RBI singles, scoring Monsie as the Dodgers go two and the fourth to take a three to nothing lead.
Speaker 4: That was more than enough for Tyler Glass.
Speaker 6: Now the eight shutout innings nine strikeouts. The ninth inning belonged to Tanner Scott and guess what, he put up a zero as well as the Dodgers shut out the San Francisco Giants yesterday at Oracle Park three to nothing the final. Tyler Glass now improves the three to zero on the season. Tanner Scott has pitched really good. Here in twenty twenty six, he picks up his first save of the season, as the Dodgers now seventeen and eight on the season.
Speaker 4: In the NL West.
Speaker 6: The Dodgers currently tied with the San Diego Padres.
Speaker 4: We just keep on winning.
Speaker 6: So now they're back home the start of a six game homestand the Chicago Cubs, the hottest team in the National League, come to town for a three game series.
Speaker 4: The Cubs winners of nine in a row.
Speaker 6: They're sixteen and nine overall, tied with Cincinnati top the NL Central.
Speaker 4: Tonight, Game one of this three game series.
Speaker 6: Emmitt Shean on the mound in the series opener, first pitch coming up at seven to fifteen, and with more we head out to the galloping Ford broadcast both as we say hello to Charlie Steiner and Rick Monday.
Speaker 4: Guys, All right, Tim.
Speaker 8: The Dodgers back home after a lackluster road trip, winning three and losing four, and they begin a three game series tonight with the Chicago Cubs, who are tied for first place in the National League Central. The Dodgers at seventeen and eight. They're tied for first place with the Padres in the National League West. The Padres off tonight. They're playing in Mexico City this weekend against the Arizona Diamondbacks. Overall, look what the Dodgers did or didn't do on this road trip.
Speaker 9: Well, the first thing comes to mind is that they did not hit consistently when opportunities presented themselves, and there were a lot of opportunities. In fact, they start to look at what this ball club did on the road trip, in particular, when they had opportunities to score. You know, they hit two hundred, they had sixty advanced with runners in scoring position, just had twelve base hits at that time, while the opposing teams combined with both the Rockies and the Giants not really known for kickstarting the offense. So far this season, they hit collectively to eighty six and they did not have as many opportunities. So we're going to find out what happens. One strong thing has been the starting pitching in recent times, because the Dodgers starter, and they'll have mg and on the mound tonight, but the starters have now gone twenty consecutive scoreless innings and in that period of time, only the Yankees have a better era than the Dodgers starters.
Speaker 8: Quick look back on Glass on his performance the other day, that may have been the best performance of any.
Speaker 9: Dodger star at absolutely and Dave Roberts was alluding to it, and he was absolutely sensational.
Speaker 7: It's a different Tyler glass Now.
Speaker 9: Is that to Roberts is saying, look, it's a different glass Now, different presentation, but the breaking ball because he came into yesterday's ballgame. Dodgers shut out the Giants three to nothing final game of that seven game road trip. But between glass Now's curveball and slider, opposing hitters entered yesterday's ball game and hitting just sixty three over the last two years, and that curve ball, we really saw it starting to function much much better.
Speaker 7: To spring.
Speaker 8: Dodgers starting pitching has been very good so far this year. Twelve and four two eighty one er opponents sitting just one ninety.
Speaker 7: Seven against him.
Speaker 8: Both ben not bad a three to twenty seven er, And if they're playing a Cubs team that may be and probably.
Speaker 10: Is certainly looking at the records, they're.
Speaker 8: The best competition that Dodgers have faced so far in the.
Speaker 9: First abs seas, I agree wholeheartedly, and you start to look at some numbers. Okay, Dodgers are leading all Major League teams in banning average, What about the Cubs their third best? Dodgers have a fourth best in runs, what about the Cubs third best?
Speaker 7: Home runs?
Speaker 9: Dodgers more than any other team. What about the Cubs fifth place? Then you look at era on the pitching side, third best ERA for the boys in Blue and for the Cubs not that far behind.
Speaker 7: They're fifth in position.
Speaker 9: So they have stood told in the early going, as you mentioned, tied for the lead in the central and.
Speaker 8: It's Sheen looking to write his ship so far this season. Making his fifth start, he's got an ERA north of eight against Jameson ty On, who's been a solid right hander in his years in Chicago.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we're going to find out about mchen because Dave Roberts is saying a little bit earlier today talking to the members of the media that Sheen needs to be more efficient. Those are the words of Dave Roberts. Filled the strike zone and sequencing of pitching is something that Dodger's going to be looking at and looking at very closely this evening.
Speaker 8: When you say sequencing of picture, what does that mean?
Speaker 9: Well, very similar what we're talking about with Glass now with the breaking boat, with the curve volt and the slider, and what sequencing is he doing it and not falling into a predetermined pattern that shows up on the spreadsheets that they're going to give to the posey hitters before this ball game.
Speaker 7: Dodgers and Cubs first of three.
Speaker 6: Damn all right, thank you Charlie, Thank you mos. We cauting down to First Bitch. Dodger fans get that game day meal on Shaky's Pizza Parlor or to your Shaky's Pizza, Chicken and Mojo's right now at Shaky's dot Com.
Speaker 4: Coming up here on Morongo Casino. Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 6: You are gonna hear from Freddie Freeman. Proud now girl. Dad already had three boys with his wife Chelsea. Now a brand new baby girl. Welcome to the family. We'll hear from Freddy Freeman. Coming up, we'll dive deeper to this pitcheet matchup. David Vats Say checks in throughout the hour. Of course, we're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. We've got the latest injury updates. That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Cubs on the This is beautiful Friday night here in Los Angeles. First Bitch coming up at seven to fifteen. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kass, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunters game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and the Cobs on this Friday nights. Im and She and Jimison tie on the pitching matchup First Bitch coming up at seven fifteen. Don't forget the games on Apple TV tonight, So if you're watching it, you can also just click on that button that says listen to the Dodgers Audio Network and you can listen to Charlie and Rick call the game while your watch shorts keep it right here on the Dodgers Audio Network. Dodgers winners yesterday over the San Francisco Giant Show. Hey Otani was oh for five with a couple of strikeouts. The Dodgers won the game three to nothing behind Tyler Glasnow's eight shutout innings to get the win. Tennor Scott picked up to say, the Dodgers scored three runs on eight hits yesterday. A couple of hits a piece or Ahi Song Kim who had an RBI single, Dault rushing drove in a rudd. How about Kyle Tucker batting clean up two for four yesterday and afterwards caught up with yours, Watson.
Speaker 11: Well, Kyle, you guys picked up this win today. When you look at just your offense two hits. I know that Dave Roberts ahead of the game, he told us that he spoke with you about switching a few things up, just maybe you can get a few.
Speaker 1: Different looks at the plate.
Speaker 11: How did you find batting in the four hole today and then of course getting.
Speaker 12: The results being there's fine? I mean wherever I am in the lineup trying to help the same one.
Speaker 13: I'll do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 12: I kind of been a little bit of a grind, but able to get a couple a couple of ox today. I mean they made some good pitches plus a couple days, especially once you know down away on the corner. I mean even the last one you saw flip tick down a white corner right there. So I mean sometimes you just got the tiper cat cap and just move on. But just kind of grinding through right now.
Speaker 11: When you look at just the results today, would you say it's more kind of what you were seeing from logan web or is that kind of a tribute to just the work you've been putting it in the cage right now and looking to get some consistency.
Speaker 13: It depends.
Speaker 12: I mean, you know, first at valty through good like slider down in that clipped it and then the cutter up and end. Then after that I got, you know, change up over over you know middle middle, away over the heart and play somewhat. So I was that was just kind of a pitch I'd be able to hit and then cutter next at bat kind of up and end. But then I get it quite there as he did the first at bat, So I was able to get that and then kind of just depends.
Speaker 13: I mean sometimes just got to your cap.
Speaker 12: Like I said, they're making good pitches out there is tough, but she got to try and hit the mistakes sometimes.
Speaker 11: Obviously in this series, starting pitching has been fantastic. Today Tyler Glass now eight shutout innings. It wasn't like just playing defense behind him.
Speaker 1: What were you seeing?
Speaker 11: I know you were in the outfit, but what were you seeing from him on the mountain.
Speaker 12: I mean he's been great for us. I mean he's done a phenomenal job. He goes out there and gives he's all every single uh same with this, but I mean he's a phenomenal pitcher. He's been in doing this for a while and it's just another one of the tire glass now starts right there, all.
Speaker 11: Right, now the cuts are coming in town. You look forward to seeing your former team.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, there we were watching. I was watching their game earlier today before our game starts, and you know, they've been playing well lately, so it's gonna be a good series. So hopefully we can you know, get some ones out of that and you know, can see playing good ball.
Speaker 11: Yeah, hopefully carry over what you were able to do today with two hits today, Kyle, congrats on this win. It should be a happy flight back to Los Angeles.
Speaker 13: Yep, thank you.
Speaker 6: All right, there's Kyle Tucker, who's gonna famous face his former team, the Chicago Cubs, who are in town now for the next three days. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Cars for Kids, the easiest way to get rid of your old car. Donate it today, your car could be picked up tomorrow. That easy donate now, Carsfrokids dot Org. That's Cars with AK Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck. You're gonna hear from Freddie Freeman. We'll also check you with David Vesta. But up next at injury report and we're here from the manager himself, Dave Roberts sould lead job to Dodgers and Cubs on this Friday night. First pitch coming up at seven fifteen. I'm Tim kas Is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tech on your home for the blue All season Law.
Speaker 6: Henson, Dodgers and the Cubs on this Friday night is Marongo Casino on Dodgers on Deck continues Morongo Casino Resorted Spy Grand Slam for good Times image. She and Jamison tie on the Pitching mancho. First pitch coming up at seven fifteen.
Speaker 1: This it's the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 6: Report presented by UCLA Healthy Official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Ed when Diaz had surgery on Wednesday to relieve some bodies in his right throwing elbow. He'll be out at least three months. Been Consparraus on the iel with the right shoulder inflammation. Mookie Bets on the IU wel at the right oblique strain. Blake Snell made a minor league rehab appearance for the Ontario Tower Buzzers a couple of days ago. He'll will now progress and continue to build up so we can join this Dodgers rotation. Brock Stewers in Triple A, Oklahoma City, recovering back from off s'son shoulder Surgeery'd be nice to get him back in the bullpen for another hard throwing right hander. Landing net Gavin Stone, Evan Phillips, Bruce ar Graderal Keith Hearnet is all on the il.
Speaker 4: Let's head back out.
Speaker 6: To the stadium and check out with the Dodger skipper.
Speaker 13: Questions for Dave Dave?
Speaker 7: Can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 14: The dugouts with Dave Roberts, you know, be efficient, you know sequence well and you know, give himself the opportunity to go deeper. And I think that, uh, you know, last start, I thought he did a really good job of that and I could have pushed him. But you know, tonight's the night that I feel like, you know, he's had enough starts under his belt that I want to, uh, you know, see how he responds and not really you know, a challenge per se, It's just more of I just know that he's kind of hitting his stride where he's at mechanically mentally, and so I want to see him, you know, build off of that to the.
Speaker 3: Point, Dave, I think each of your starters are going to be making more have made their fifth start.
Speaker 1: When do you, as a manager have seen enough starts where you can make definitive conclusions about what you're seeing.
Speaker 14: Yeah, that's that's a good question. I think that they're all different. Like I just felt, you know, Yamamoto for example, I don't think I needed anytime, you know, would show Hey, I think that it took a few just to kind of seeing where his breaking ball was at, the command was going to be at in which he's repeated and he had the one outing where he just didn't feel good mechanically. But I think for like Rokie, for Emmett, you know, I think that the time is now for him to kind of take the next step forward. And but then you know, each outing is you know, will dictate you know, how he's, how he pitches, how long he goes. And then Roki, I think for me it's like, uh, it's still a work in progress. I think that we've seen some improvements and so and I want to see him take the next step as well. So I think to your question, I think they're all sort of different.
Speaker 5: Better sense of when MOOKI the return.
Speaker 14: You know what, he's taking h BP from a coach in the cage now, so that's a good thing. He says he doesn't feel it swinging the bat, throwing. There was a little bit of a couple of days ago when I talked to him.
Speaker 7: He was running.
Speaker 14: He said he felt it a little bit. My assumption is he'll go out on a rehabit, sign it and take a couple of games to get them at bats, get his legs back. He's getting closer, you know, Is it you know next weekend that he goes out, Is it you know a week from you know, Monday? I don't know, but I know that each day it's gotten a lot better. So we're really encouraged.
Speaker 7: You Flip and Tucker and Freddie.
Speaker 5: Does that change anything when Mookie returns about where he may be, where you may be thinking about him now, you know.
Speaker 14: It doesn't, It doesn't. I think that it's more of you know, that's more. What I talked about the other day is versus right handed pitching number one and number two. It's Uh, I'll have a conversation with Mookie and feel and figure it out whether I put him in the three or the five. But that's probably the two options.
Speaker 13: All right.
Speaker 6: There's a manager, Dave Roberts, giving an update on Mookie Betts and of course some of the Dodger pitchers who he's now challenging as they get their starts under their bells. When we continue here, I'm wrong with Casino Dodgers on deck. We all check in with the David Vase as we lead jump to first pitch on this Friday Night Dodgers and comes first pitcher Uniclo Field. The Dodgers Datum's coming up at seven fifteen. I'm Tim Katson is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and comes on this Friday night. Image and Jamison tie on the bitching matchup Dodgers Baseball. Brought to you by al Ponto, born in La and made for your game day. El Poto brings authentic Mexican style tomato, sauces, sauces and hot sauces right to your table, El Poto Gourmet and a.
Speaker 1: Can joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Tack.
Speaker 5: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 4: All right, DV Mookie Bets.
Speaker 6: We heard Dave Roberts just say that, you know he's taking baby steps I guess to come back. What's the sense you get in his recovery.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm hearing positive things about Mookie Bets. During the last road trip, Dave Roberts said he started to swing the bat. Today he sound even more encouraged, and he wouldn't put a timetable as far as the return for Mookie Bets, but things are in a great direction. And Dave even said he might consider moving Mooki to a different spot in the order now that Freddie Freeman is hitting second, Kyle Tucker is hitting cleanup. He said he may be considering hitting him third or fifth when he returns, And I wouldn't rule out Mookie Betts returning on the next road trip that will take the Dodgers to Saint Louis and Houston.
Speaker 6: David is brought to by the Ford Maverick Motor Trends of North American Truck of the Year, the Ford Maverick everything you needed in most innovative truck with forty two miles per gallon at the best MSRP. If it's category, it's time to see Ford in a new light. Go to your Southern California for dealers today. All right, DVI, what is.
Speaker 4: Going on with Craig Counsel Cubs manager.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean last week he brought up out of nowhere that he feels like this Otwani rule, which has been in place since twenty twenty one, is an unfaired advantage for the Dodgers having fourteen pitchers. Well, they have thirteen pitchers and a two way player.
Speaker 10: And always saw.
Speaker 5: Were the answers in print, and it's kind of taken a life of its own. So I went to the Cubs dugout today and try to get a little more clarification from Craig Council.
Speaker 15: I don't know, I'm not I have no idea if it's got traction or not.
Speaker 5: It has gotten some traction, but just curious, like what prompted that answer, now, Craig.
Speaker 15: Well, it was I answered a different question. Actually the question I answered had nothing to do with that, So I was answering different questions. But what sometimes happens is when you answer a question, whatever's more interesting about your answer is the parthe that gets printed.
Speaker 5: Do you feel like it is an unfair advantage?
Speaker 15: It's Look, this is not a Dodger thing. It's not an O tawny thing.
Speaker 13: It is a bad rule.
Speaker 5: Which part of the rules?
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 15: I mean, you guys figured it out. You figured you It's a good discussion. It's a it's an interesting discussion, and I think that it's it's worth discussing too.
Speaker 10: So a little tense right there.
Speaker 5: Great Council did not like the line of questioning, as I was just trying to clear the air on what he said. But if it's worth discussing, certainly the Cubs manager who brought this to the forefront has no motivation to discuss it any further.
Speaker 6: Dave credit to you for asking him this question because it's been talked about for the last few days now because of his initial comment about the Dodgers able to carry an extra picture.
Speaker 4: Because Otani being a two way player. I thought it was valid.
Speaker 6: I think you were absolutely right in asking him and him just kind of answering the way he did doesn't kind of sit right, No.
Speaker 10: And he knows what he was doing.
Speaker 5: He put it out there now so it can be discussed, as he said, and he's probably hoping that there's more discussion and maybe the league reconsiders the rule. What's funny is there's only one player like show hey, Otani, and I don't know what he would want the Dodgers to do. Would he want them to taxi thirteen pitchers on the days that or a thirteenth pitcher on the day that Otani is not pitching and then deactivate that picture.
Speaker 10: I actually believe the rule is unfair in one respect.
Speaker 5: When Otani comes out of the game as a pitcher, you know, there's an argument, there's more of an argument to be made that he should be taken out of the game completely, But he was languishing in Anaheim, and really he was the only attraction and the attraction in baseball. So this rule, by the way, has been in place, not since he arrived with the Dodgers, but since he's been playing with the Angels. So that's that's why there's not a lot of ground to stand on for Craig Council in this manner.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no doubt, and the timing is very interesting. But credit to you for asking the question that everybody's been wanting. Another answer from Craig Council on this matter. Right time now for the Dodger journy to by Santa Anita. We pick horses, we head go ahead and ahead to see who picks the right races at the end of the racing season. All right, DV, We're picking tomorrow's first race out at Santa Anita, currently a seven horse race.
Speaker 4: Who do you lock on this one mile turf?
Speaker 10: I'll go with the number four horse Tribal.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'll go with the three horse Ronavoski. I think is how you pronounced it. So good luck to you, DV. And great job getting after Craig Counsel and getting an answer when everybody's trying to get the last couple of days. In response to what he had to say about the Otania factor in the fourteenth pitcher, the Dodgers are allowed to have celebrating ninety years of horse racing and Santa Anita every Friday through Sunday with millions in payouts.
Speaker 4: Every rattay wee get admission parking in a program.
Speaker 6: All just ten dollars. Find out more at Santa Anita dot com slash events coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll hear from Freddy Freeman. Will have deeper in this pitching matchup. Don't go anywhere though, got your Dodgers Magical Moment. Next Dodgers comes. First pitch is seven to fifteen. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and the Chicago Cubs. So the start of the three game setback at the Ravine and and she and Jamison ty on the fitching matchup. First pitch coming up at seven fifteen.
Speaker 8: I had a ball game without a hot Dog.
Speaker 10: Who wins the hot cut?
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfey Magical Moment. Pitch Magical Magic presented by Hawfy Hot Times.
Speaker 6: Oh, we go back to the twenty twenty four season. On August twenty ninth, the Dodgers had three straight home runs hit by Otani Betson Freeman in the game against the Arizona Diamondbacks. Well fast forward thirteen days later, they did it for a second time against the Cubs.
Speaker 5: Two pitch swung on head, high in the air and right this ball's back and the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: For the second time.
Speaker 5: This yeh done, pack to pack to pack in.
Speaker 8: The first thing, though, I'm run hat trick last monthly home run number fourteen.
Speaker 10: It is five to two Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Can you believe this?
Speaker 8: Dodgers Shadian going crazy right now here in the first inning.
Speaker 6: Three straight home runs against the Cobs. Back on September eleventh, twenty twenty four, Edmund Smith Monsey back to back to back home runs for the Dodgers, the second time in thirteen days they would accomplish that feat. This Hafey magical moment brought to by Hofey Hot Talks, Haffey so Cow's local.
Speaker 4: Treasure for nearly one hundred years. Hofey Hot Talks Local and so Great. Only continue here on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 6: We will check back in with Rick Monday to lead you off to first bitch Dodgers and Cubs. I'm Tim kas is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. Wo on your home for the Blue All.
Speaker 6: Season law Lean you up to the Dodgers and the Cubs on this Friday and night start of a three game series beginning of a six game homestand and Machine and Jamison tie on the bitching matchup. Time now for the Verizon startup is We're about thirty five minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in your low price for three years so you can save big. Visit your So Cal Verizon store today.
Speaker 1: And now joined by David Bassey, here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 10: Well, it's hard to get time with Rick Monday this weekend.
Speaker 7: Let me ask you a question.
Speaker 9: You got the visiting manager all firing up today, Craig Counsel, because you go one on one you ask him a question.
Speaker 7: I don't know really the extent of his answer.
Speaker 9: But it was interesting a timing of his comment about show, hey, o'tanian dual role as a pitcher and still be a designated hitter in the lineups?
Speaker 5: Rick, It's it's incredible that this now has become an issue.
Speaker 10: When the rule was put in place back in twenty twenty.
Speaker 9: One, Yeah, were there any complaints in by.
Speaker 10: The way, I never heard any Here's.
Speaker 7: The other part of this.
Speaker 9: This isn't the first time that has happened. In fact, if you think back recently, the last couple of years, Mark Blanson's agents tried to put him in a situation, dangle his services, if you will, in front of some other organizations to sign him as a two way player.
Speaker 7: Did we hear anything about that?
Speaker 10: Never heard of that story.
Speaker 9: I just thought I'd kicked the can down the road. Sometimes it goes left, sometimes it goes right.
Speaker 5: I just feel like there's always some gamesmanship. But in this case, it seems like Craig Council went a little bit too far out of his lane.
Speaker 7: He was surprised that there has been some He.
Speaker 5: Said, there's it's a good discussion to have, but he did not want to have it with me and the members of the media in his pregame sessions.
Speaker 7: Not the one that made the comment.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 9: I'm just trying to get clarification exactly. I plaud the fact that you asked the question. Now we'll find out it'll have absolutely nothing to do. It'd be more interesting. I think if Otani was pitching in this series.
Speaker 10: Yes, exactly. But he's not.
Speaker 5: And the Dodgers are catching the Cubs off a nine game winning streak, and you're not going to have glass Now, Otani or Yamamoto pitching this series.
Speaker 7: Yep.
Speaker 9: And if we look at the Cubs, they're coming in they're an injured ball club in spite of the fact that they have won now nine consecutive games. As you're alluding to two teams that are time for first place in their respective divisions, the Cubs in the Central of the Dodgers in the Western Division. And for the Dodgers, they have to play better than they did on this recently completed road trip. They did not play the caliber of Los Angeles Dodgers baseball in a few different categories. Missed opportunities offensively, no question about it.
Speaker 7: The vult been a very, very high er.
Speaker 9: If you're looking at the road trips, and the starting pitching was very good, and I thought the starting pitching with glass Now was absolutely outstanding.
Speaker 5: It feels like this is the best glass Now has ever pitched in his career.
Speaker 9: And if we look at it, the effectiveness of the breaking bowl curveball in particular, but the curve ball and the slider has been hit at such a minuscule batting average, you have to use a microscope in order to see it.
Speaker 5: All right, So let's back up to yesterday. Since you're bringing up glass now Loganwab hitting Dalton, rushing, rushing, going hard into second base. It felt like the Dodger Giant rivalry was back alive and well, well.
Speaker 9: A little bit. I think it's only to a blister standpoint. It's not to a threatening standpoint. Hey, you know, you get caught, You get caught up in the in the middle of emotion. If people believe that there's not emotions down on the field to being competitive, you know that's that's a misnomer and you kind of miss the mark on that end of it. We don't like to see players hurt by any stretch imagination.
Speaker 7: I didn't.
Speaker 9: I think that it was a vicious slide into second base. I know that the second base umpire was going to declare a double play regardless because the way that Dalton came up. But it was not spikes high and trying to hurt somebody with spikes or cut their uniform, which we saw another player do. What was it a week ago, I think going to the second base his retaliation was irritated.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a little dangerous. Hey, before we're back out of here. You're a popular guy this week, and with tomorrow being the fiftieth anniversary of saving the flag. I even heard the Dodger Stadium tour guide that was their headline story in the press box when I walked in.
Speaker 7: Well, what you didn't know that that tour. He's a family member.
Speaker 5: I'm just happy to get some time with you. Everybody wants a piece of Rick Monday these days.
Speaker 9: Check your mailbox. Yeah, the bill will be in the mail pretty soon.
Speaker 10: Hey, you deserve all the celebration you're getting.
Speaker 9: I think it's more about what that flag represents, the rights and freedoms and all of us and those that have stood tall to protect it for us.
Speaker 5: I know your family's in town. Can't wait to join you for dinner the game.
Speaker 7: Oh this is news to me, trust me.
Speaker 10: Thanks Rick.
Speaker 5: We'll celebrate you all weekend long here at Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 10: We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 6: Tim well Mason another plus one or plus two. We'll be looking forward to that dinner tomorrow night. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Citio Home preparation, precision, and unrelenting commitment to being the best of what they do. Citio Hope Champions of Hope, make an appointment today at Citio Hope dot Org.
Speaker 4: Still to come here.
Speaker 6: On Dodgers on Deck, we'll get to a previous pitching matchup. Moe and Charlie will be back with those keys to the game.
Speaker 4: But up next we go high and tied with the newest girl, Dad Freddie Freeman. That's next.
Speaker 6: He leads up to Dodgers and Cubs. First pitch is seven to fifteen. I'm Tim Kates. This is back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's Dodgers and the Cubs on this Friday night image. She and Jamison tile the pitching matchup. We'll dive deeper into both these guys numbers coming up in just a little bit. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio Broadcast. When it's game night, it's group nights at Shaky's dot com.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vesta fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 4: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 5: The Dodgers are back home, and nobody's happier than three time World Series champion and brand new girl dad Freddie Freeman London Rosemary Joy Freeman in his arms when he got home last night from San Francisco. Thanks a lot for the time, appreciate it.
Speaker 13: That is all true, and so it was awesome. It's good to be home. And I held her all day today too.
Speaker 5: As little boys, we always think about, oh we want to have a boy too. But can you describe the piece of your heart now having a little baby girl.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I mean we're five days in and all day I was holding her and I was just staring at her. It's just kind of you're just enamored. You know, three boys, now you got a little girl. So it's it's definitely a little different. But everyone keeps telling me I'm gonna be wrecked, and and I say every every spont I can't wait to be wrecked. It's it's she's just so perfect and we're just so happy and blessed that she's here, and you know, it's just a lot of staring at her right now.
Speaker 5: Fair to say this is the first Freeman baby as a Dodger, That is correct.
Speaker 13: Yes, uh, yeah, that is, and it will be the last one. There's there's no more. We are, Chelsea and I are officially done. So four kids, three boys, one girls, and we're loving every second of it.
Speaker 5: All Right, let's talk a little baseball, Freddie. You've been through so many seasons, world championship seasons. You understand how to navigate it better than most. What it's the balance of not putting into cruise control but also understanding it's not just about now.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I mean, like I understand there's no one that's coming here that's not trying to win every single game. So the cruise control, I think there's no such thing for us in the in our in our clubhouse, we're trying to win every single game every single night. Dogs trying to manage that way too, and we're trying to make it be a point where he has to go for it everything night. You don't want to be in a spot where you're like, oh, maybe we'll just like save this guy for this day. But but he has to do that too because we've got to get keep everybody healthy. So it is hard. It's hard to navigate one hundred and sixty two game schedule. We're in obviously, we're I think we're in thirteen in a row two, so there's bullpen guys or that are going to be throwing a lot more than they normally are. So that's why Tyler going eight innings Actually it was huge. It gives guys days off that and of course of thirteen games in a rows is huge for us, especially this early in the season where most starters aren't going deep into games. So when you you have our starters going deep into games like our guys have been going, that's huge. And that could lead a ripple effect throughout the course of the season where maybe in end of May when we're in a stretch that that relief feature can pitch instead of being too pitch too much early in the season. So there's a lot of ripple effects. There's a lot of mini games inside the games that we're trying to win also, so it's it's a lot. It's I mean, we can go on and on about little things here and here and there, of our course of one sixty two, but where you try to win every single night. Obviously there's no there's no doubt about that. But sometimes you just got to manage workloads a little early in the season. So that's why maybe on day games you see some guys off, like Will Is getting a lot more days off right now, just because Dalton's obviously playing really well, but also to keep Will fresh throughout the course of the season. So there's a lot that has to be managed that most fans don't know what's going on, and sometimes they get a little upset at us, but ultimately everyone's trying to do the best they can to be healthy, ready and ready to go in October.
Speaker 5: I'll say this with all due respect because there's no signs of you slowing down. But I love how you mentioned everybody else getting a day off except yourself.
Speaker 13: Yeah. I just had to, So that's good. That's all I need. I'm good for the rest of the year now. No, I feel good. I really do. I know ages and all that people talk about it, but I really do feel good this year. It was nice to have a normal offseason. My body feels good, and I just had two days off, so I don't need any days off, So that's the goal. It's just if you can stay healthy as much as you can, and we're all gonna have akes and pains here and there. Day games after night games are tough too, traveling thirteen in a row. Most people were getting on planes going here and there, getting in late sometimes, so you just try and stay as ready as possible. But yeah, I don't need a day off yet. Okay, love it.
Speaker 5: And he's in there today for sure as the number two hitter. Kyle, Tucker's now the cleanup hitter. You're the hitter betting behind Otani. Does anything change for you? And do you feel like this is going to benefit Tucker?
Speaker 13: Nothing changes for me. I don't care where I hit. Sometimes it is just maybe just a different look that someone needs. You know, Kyle is an exceptional player, four time all start in a row, and we have no doubt that he's going to be that player too. Sometimes and the course of a season, sometimes you got a shuffle lineup. My first year here, I was hitting third and I hit second. You just switch to make things work. And sometimes, like Doc said, you just need a different look, different different setting, maybe not coming up so fast in the first inning. Maybe you just sit for a second and then go up and hit fourth and then you look at what he did yesterday. Yeah, his swing looked good, a couple of barrel balls. So hopefully we can get him going. And for me, it's it doesn't really matter. I'm usually swinging pre pre swinging it. And you know, if they walk show Hey to get to me, I love it. That's in my mind, and that's RBI opportunities, so I want those, so I hope they intentionally walk them a lot more.
Speaker 5: I kind of remember Game one of the World Series a couple of years ago when they did that.
Speaker 13: They walked Mookie to get me to be But for me, I love that. I know that's part of the game. And people are like, oh, I can't believe. No, Like, if they're walking show you, that means there's usually a guy on second base and that's a free baby. That means there's a guy in the score position, which I love guys in scoring position. I want to hit him in. So I love that. So maybe me behind him right now is is good. So hopefully we can get show Hey going too, So maybe we can all get going at the same time and roll off a hot streak here, what about this layer?
Speaker 5: Freddie Freeman is our guest before first pitch between the Dodgers and Cubs. You are the epitome of not looking at iPad, looking at the picture, and you are the epitome of bringing back a scanner report back to the dugout.
Speaker 10: How much could that help Kyle?
Speaker 13: Yeah, that's it's it's a lot. I've I've always been never really been an iPad guy. I just feel like watching the game you can learn and more than slowing down your swing. I think everyone knows when you do something wrong and pop a ball up, you kind of know how that swinging went to do that. So I think that we've actually done a really good job of that starting in spring training, of coming back and talking about pictures and maybe Kyle's seeing how they pitch show hey and I now will help him, you know, as he gets to the when he's sitting in the four hole, so you have two left handed hitters that he can watch and see how they're attacking and what they're doing and more, watching the game is only going to help you, in my opinion, So it's worked for me. So maybe Kyle can see how they pitch show, Hey and I and he can take that into his bat and we can get him going.
Speaker 5: All right, Freddie, thanks a lot for the time. You don't have any bags underneath your eyes, so I'm glad you're get in some sleep.
Speaker 13: And not yet. She's doing pretty good at the night every few hours, so we'll talk to me a couple of weeks and see how we're doing well.
Speaker 5: She's lucky to have Freddie Freeman as her dad, and we're lucky to have you in Los Angeles and keep it going. The future Hall of Famer knows something about him. Kyle Tucker can take some notes.
Speaker 13: Oh jeez, thank you, David. I'm only gonna come in on the first part.
Speaker 10: Okay, sounds good. There it goes, Freddy Freeman.
Speaker 5: You never know, you might get away with a babysitter and head to Javier's in Newport Beach are possibly their newest location in Pasadena.
Speaker 10: We'll send it back to you in the studio, Tim, all right.
Speaker 4: Thanks a lot. DV.
Speaker 6: Maybe Uncle Dave could babiesit the kids while the wife and he go out and enjoy nice meal at Hobby Airs. Leading up to first pitch, Dodgers and Cobs On this Friday night.
Speaker 4: I'm next. We'll dive deeper to this pitchy match up. Don't you go anywhere.
Speaker 6: I'm Tim Kases the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and Cubs Copies winners of nine in a row, first place to top the NL Central, Dodgers tied for first and top the NL West. First pitch from Uniclo Field to Dodgers Stadium was coming up at seven fifteen, and.
Speaker 1: Now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchups.
Speaker 4: Brought to you by her Toyota Dealers. We make it easy.
Speaker 6: Jamison tay On on the mound for the Cupies one in one, three to ninety seven ERA thirty four year old right hand or eleven season now in the big leagues. He came up with the Pirates the Yankees. Now his fourth season with the Chicago Cups. Fastball cutter, sweeper, changer and Slaughder makes his fifth start Tonights of the season last time out, six innings, one run, five hits, four strikeouts in a win over the New York Mets. He's allowed two runs or fewer in nine of his last starts going back to June of last year. He has completed at least six innings and three straight starts dating back to April six and six of his last seven going back to last September, so he's been pretty reliable going deep into games. Opposing hitter batting just one to eleven with four strikeouts against that cutter that he likes to throw to when he gets ahead in the count. He has made four career starts against the Dodgers, zero and one with a five sixty eight ERA. He tossed five scoreless Indians at his last start against the dis April of twenty twenty three at Dodgers Stadium. Emmett Shean on the mount for the Dodgers. Two and Ozho a five eighty five e twenty six year old right hander four season now in the big leagues, finally healthy, fastball, slider, change up, curveball. Making his fifth start this season last time out five innings, two runs, four hits for strikeouts in a no decision against the Colorado Rockies. He is facing the Chicago Cubs for the first time ever in his career. It's year four, but remember he missed all of twenty twenty four in the first half of twenty twenty five coming off of Tommy John surgery. Emmittt shean Jamison tie on the pitching Matchup Dodgers and Cubs. Both teams sit atop their respective divisions, Tied for the lead in the NL Central, tie for the lead in the NL West. Dodgers Baseball presented by uniclo.
Speaker 4: Field at Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 6: Visit uniclode dot com, slash US Dodgers in Cubs fifteen minutes away from first pitch.
Speaker 4: Keys to the game, Our next with Charlie and Ray. Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 6: I'm Tim Kats and this is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is MA Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your Home for the Blue All season long.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and the Chicago Comes the start of a three game series. Cubies red Hot winners of nine in a row. Dodgers sitting atop the NL West image She and Jamison Tyle on the Pitching Matchup Dodgers Baseball, as we get you ready for the start of the game. With the Sapporo starts great moments. Yes, start with Sapporo beer. Whatever your taste preference. Sporto has you covered with a variety of crisp and refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beers. Saporro gord with Sushi's so good with sushi, but great with baseball. It's head back out to the booth one final time with Charlie and Rick.
Speaker 8: Guys, All right, tim, as we get closer and closer to the first pitch of this three game series with the Cubs. The Marlins come in on Monday. Dodgers at seventeen and eight tied for first place. The Dodgers have been in first place every day at the season so far, but they've got company with the Padres up top. Padres are in Mexico City this weekend against Arizona and the Cubs tied for first place in the Central Division at sixteen and nine.
Speaker 7: Big tests tonight. I think for Evan Shean.
Speaker 9: I think so and how he comes out in firing on all cylinders. Lefties have hit him and hit him hard. And I bring that up because including the switch hitter Ian Hamp that comes will have four left handed batters and lefties have hit three twenty, with all four home runs hit by guys hitting from the port.
Speaker 7: Side right handers.
Speaker 9: They managed just a one forty eight average against the tall right hander.
Speaker 8: She in his seventeen appearances at Dodger Staium and you are if two eighty one. But on the road, that's where he has had his issues. Jamison Tie on his last start last Saturday against the Mets, one run in six innings of work in the last two years. Tie on twenty three and fifteen for the Covees in the RAF got three and a half lineups and first pitch Dodgers and Cubs first to three, coming right up, tim all right.
Speaker 6: Dodgers start the night and top the NL West, the Covey start the night tied to top the NL Central. Dodgers and Padres tied and of course top of the division. But the Padres not in action tonight. Padres and Diamondbacks with an off day, they'll play a two game series down in Mexico City beginning tomorrow at three o'clock.
Speaker 4: Diamondbacks and Padres.
Speaker 6: Then we got the Dodgers and the Cubs. Now Emmitt Shean looking to get to three and oh on this season, Dave Roberts said he has challenged his starting pitchers to do more, go deeper into games, be more efficient, attack the strike zone. And it starts tonight with Emmitt Sheen on the Matt Forget David Vesta's.
Speaker 4: Got your covers. All the post game from this one is over
Speaker 6: And enjoyed everybody, Dodgers Cubs, This has been Morocco Casino Dodgers on deck on the back to back World Series champion Dodgers on your Network