Speaker 1: The quest for the three peat has begun.
Speaker 2: Only four teams in Major League Baseball history have won three consecutive titles. The Dodgers are the favorites to become the fifth fifth.
Speaker 1: This is World Champion Dodger Talk.
Speaker 3: Here we go again. We're got to running back to.
Speaker 1: Get in on the show called eight six six, nine eighty seven two five seven, and be sure to follow Dodger Talk wherever you catch your podcasts. Here's your host, David Vase.
Speaker 2: Last we are live at Target Field after the Dodgers blow out the Twins twelve to three. Welcome the Dodger Talk David Vasse with you until nine thirty tonight here on AM five seventy LA Sports and streaming all along the iHeartRadio app wherever you may be. Coming up later in the show. In fact, in fifteen minutes you will hear my extended conversation with Kyle Tucker.
Speaker 3: Yeah, had a chance to catch up with Kyle Tucker.
Speaker 2: It's the most we've had together as far as a conversation and interview anything the entire first half of the year.
Speaker 3: So I got a greater appreciation for Kyle.
Speaker 2: Tucker and I'm hoping you take away understanding who Kyle Tucker is better after listening to the interview than you did before listening to the interview. So I look forward to sharing that with you in fifteen minutes. Also coming up later in the show, we will we will get you a ta Oscar Hernandez update, who played his first rehab game for Oklahoma City tonight, and Taoskar is expected to be activated when the Dodgers are in Sacramento at the end of this nine game road trip. But tonight, the Dodgers were able to win twelve to three by hitting only one late home run that was by Alex call By having a season high seventeen hits and scored twelve runs tonight without Will Smith, without Teoscar Hernandez, and without Kyle Tucker in the lineup.
Speaker 3: Alex Call, though, who went to high school.
Speaker 2: An hour out of downtown here in Minneapolis, was on base four times tonight. He was the Dodger that homered late in the game. He was on base four times tonight, he scored three times, So quite a homecoming for Alex Call who also made two really nice catches in the first inning tonight. And you know, Freddie Freeman on base four times tonight, Andy Pie has three for five, three runs scored. He had an RBI in the first inning. So loved what I saw from the Dodger lineup tonight, who were not swinging for the fences. They were just being hitters and taking what was given to them tonight. So a really good win for the Dodgers. After a twenty minute rain delay that prevented the start of this game on time, this game was supposed to start at four forty Pacific, it didn't start until five zho five Pacific, which was a surprise to all of us because all day long we heard that there wasn't much of a window to play this game, and if they did play this game, it wouldn't start until nine o'clock or ten o'clock Central time, which nobody was looking forward to. And there was even some talk yesterday amongst the players that there may be a doubleheader tomorrow. So all in all, a twenty eight minute rain delay to begin the game is a huge victory for the Dodgers because they did not want to have to play a doubleheader tomorrow. They did not want to have to make up this game on Thursday, and they certainly did not want to have to come back to Minneapolis at some point in time later in the summer. So this was a win on two different fronts. They got all nine innings in and they blew out the Twins twelve to three. I mentioned Freddy Freeman three hits on base four times.
Speaker 3: Today.
Speaker 2: He had two doubles, passing Carlos Beltran for the twenty eighth most doubles in baseball history five hundred and sixty six. Let's head downstairs to the Dodger Clubhouse to hear from the future Hall of Famer on sports at LA.
Speaker 4: I've always seen to play well here and I didn't know it's that high, but I guess it's high. But hopefully we can con doe that tomorrow. But we're all just a nice place to play, and you know, I've obviously done well, So hopefully there's the.
Speaker 5: Two doubles tonight. You now stand at twenty eighth all time. You look at the record when it comes to your doubles you have, do you want to know how many you have?
Speaker 3: Do you know already?
Speaker 5: Well? Of course that okay, hie hundred is five hundred and sixty six. Just when you look at your achievements, what does that just mean to you.
Speaker 4: I mean, obviously it's it's it's you know, it means a lot. Be able to stay healthy a long time, play this game a long time. Obviously you have to continued success throughout the course of my career. So numbers are starting to pile, which is pretty cool. So we keep hearing these numbers that you're approaching and people you're kind of strong and doing a certain thing instead of it's hard not to take a step back and appreciate. So as I get old, in my old age, I started to, you know, appreciate the things I've been able to accomplish over these seventeen years, and hopefully we got a few more years left to accomplish some more things.
Speaker 6: And I thought, good again about being a little bit frustrated the crisis approaches. The last couple of night's been a better example of like what you guys can be obviously offensive.
Speaker 4: Leachs Heirerston asked me about this yesterday. I just we can all have opinions. I just thought it was just two games that happens over the course of the season. We didn't really do much anything different. You just hit the ball and they fell. I wish I could give you a real answer. It's just new day, new results, different pictures. That's gonna happen, So hopefully he's happy with us tonight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was the question from or somebody relaying what Dave Roberts had to say about the offense in the last two weeks. And this is the first Dodger win by the way. I don't know if I mentioned this before we heard from Freddy, but I'll repeat it again. It's the first Dodger win that wasn't decided by one run since two weeks ago, two Saturdays ago in Chicago against the White Sox. So it's been since what June thirteenth the Dodgers have won a game that wasn't decided by one run, So obviously Dave Roberts was happy with the twelve run output by the Dodgers and only hitting one home run. By the way, Freddy said he likes hitting in this ballpark. In twelve games now in this ballpark target field, Freddie Freeman hitting four sixty one, has far five home runs and now six doubles, So yeah, I would say he likes sitting in this ballpark. Tonight's game brought to you by Modello the modello the mark of a fighter. I got to share something else with you as far as Freddy Freeman goes, because look, this guy's going to the Hall of Fame, and he's starting to rack up a lot of milestones in a Dodger uniform. Twenty five hundred hits. He's gonna hit his four hundredth home run, if not by the end of this year, next year in a Dodger uniform. And I asked our producer, engineer, and baseball whiz Dwayne McDonald this question to look it up, because Freddie's only twenty home runs away from four hundred. He has five hundred and sixty six doubles in his career. So I asked, Dwayne, do you know how many players in baseball history have hit four hundred home runs and five hundred and fifty doubles? And of course Dwayne got the answer. Twelve players. Only twelve players in baseball history have hit four home runs and five hundred and fifty doubles. No surprise, they're all Hall of famers. Freddie Freeman, one he hits his four hundredth home run, will become just the thirteenth player in baseball history to have four hundred home runs and five hundred and fifty doubles.
Speaker 3: Let that sink in. Let it sink in.
Speaker 2: You are watching one of the all time great hitters in baseball history, and one of the all time great players to have two signature moments in his Dodger career in baseball career, his walkoff grand Slam in Game one of the World Series, only player to do that in baseball history, and his eighteenth inning walk off home run in Game three of last year's World Series, which made him him and gave him the distinction of being the only player in baseball history to have two walk off home runs in World Series games. All these things are happening while you are witnessing it, and Freddie's not a guy that's gonna do, you know, everything that other players do on the basis he does it with class. And I think that's why everybody appreciates it. Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. They appreciate it. But sometimes you overlook it, especially when you're on the same team with shohey Otani who's doing spectacular things that we have never seen before. Don't take for granted what Freddie Freeman is doing and what he has accomplished over the lifetime of his career. Let's hit out to Bob and Malibu. You're on Dodger Talk with David Vassey.
Speaker 3: Hi Bob.
Speaker 7: Today, Thanks for getting me on and I man, you know, in addition to stat you just pointed out about Freddie joining one of twelve other players I believe, Rick and Tim pointed out that if he also achieves three thousand hits, he'll become one of only seven other players in that club. So the guy's racking up these stats left and right. It's amazing to see.
Speaker 2: Well, three thousand hits. I mean, he would have a better chance at three thousand hits if there were more than sixty games played in twenty twenty and of course the looming lockout coming for twenty twenty seven, it's gonna make it tough for him to get to three thousand hits. But I'm pretty certain he's gonna hit twenty more home runs.
Speaker 7: I'm with you on that, Dave, Dad Colin in tonight wanted to get your opinion. We're seeing so many amazing things from Robleski this year's He's pitching like the dog that he is does he get the All Star knob this year?
Speaker 2: Well, I was going to talk about that. How does he not get an All Star nod? And thank you for the phone call, Bob, and thank you for bringing that up. You look at where Justin Robleski ranks in Major League Baseball, not just the National League. Justin Robleski has the tenth lowest ERA.
Speaker 3: In all of Major League Baseball.
Speaker 2: I mean we're talking about names like Yamamoto, Rasmussen, Eduardo Rodriguez, Chris Saal, Chase Burns, Christopher Sanchez, Cam Schlittler, Jacob Bizarowski. Justin Robleski he's in that category. And when you talk about wins, tonight was his ninth win of the year, and you get wins by staying in the game, and Justin Robleski has stayed in the game, went seven innings tonight. Justin Robleski is tied with guys name Christopher Sanchez, Sonny Gray, Chase Burns, Andre Polante for the second most wins and actually tied with these guys as far as the most wins as start because Aaron Ashby has ten wins as a reliever as a longman. All that, so Justin Robleski has the most wins as a starter, tied with those other guys. So I don't know how you keep Justin Robleski off this roster. Yamamoto and Justin Robleski have got to be two pitchers on this staff that goes to the All Star Game. And also you talk about Otani, He's in his own category, and Otani's not going to pitch, so Otani's the dight. He's gonna get voted in. Why shouldn't there be Robleski and Yamamoto? And I know you can't have the whole team full of Dodgers, but Robleski deserves to be on it. I don't care if Freddie Freeman gets voted in by the fans. I don't care if Pahz and Munsey get voted in by the fans. Robleski deserves to be part of the National League All Star pitching staff. And there's a lot more starts to go between now and then, But I believe the players are getting their ballots around this time to start voting here in the next couple of weeks, and I don't know how they don't vote them eight six six nine, eight seven two five seventy is the phone number, by the way. All right, before we get you that ta Oscar Hernandez update, let's hear from Justin Robleski, who spoke to the media moments ago on Sports and at LA.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I mean, obviously, you know, I always watched when he pitches before me. I think it's kind of a good you know, just see what they're doing against lefties. Obviously we're a little different in the way that we pitch and stuff's a little different, but at the same time, there's a little bit you can take away. And yeah, I think we did a good job, you know, Chucky Mark myself, just kind of adjusting on the fly and kind of changing the mix a little bit on on that second third time through, and yeah, it was it worked out well and you did that.
Speaker 5: I mean, what were you seeing kind of that first time that made you want to make those adjustments.
Speaker 8: Yeah, just kind of the swings they were taken. You could kind of kind of had a feeling of where they started to look and where they started to kind of keyhole, and so we just kind of pivoted from from what the plan was a little bit and it worked out really well.
Speaker 5: It's probably spent around for the last couple of years. But what do you think of the way that he's integrated in here as you guys have had those injuries.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Chuck, he's caught me I think probably four or five times. I threw him in the minor league a couple of times, so he kind of has an idea of, you know, how to call games for me, and he's always done a good job back there for me. So yeah, he's a great dude. He's really easy to kind of work with and talk to during the game, and he does a great job just kind of studying himself and just kind of knowing what we want to do and kind of feel in the game.
Speaker 3: So he's he does a great job.
Speaker 8: And yeah, he had a good day offensively today too, So that was cool to watch.
Speaker 1: Might seem a little less significant after you guys score twelve runs, But that play at the plate, Mookie's relay, How huge is that?
Speaker 9: What did that?
Speaker 3: What kind of boost did that give you? Yeah? It's huge.
Speaker 8: I mean sometimes you know, even on the bench, I get a little confused at why people like they are so quick to send when Pat Hayes gets the ball, because he's so good at getting it in and like he just does a great job at that part of the relay.
Speaker 3: And then obviously Muki made a great throw.
Speaker 8: But it's tough tough to do against against Andy scoring from first, you're not going to do it very often. Yeah, you know, and he makes a great throw in. Then obviously Move makes a great throw home and we get the guy out. And that's always great as a picture because it saves a run and it's an out, so it's beautiful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was Justin Robleski.
Speaker 2: Great night tonight, Freddie Freeman, another great night at the plate. They score twelve runs, they have seventeen hits. But I am declaring this the Chucky Robinson game. It's the game I'm going to remember as the Chucky Robinson game because Chuckie Robinson has had a cup of coffee a couple of different times in his major league career, got his first hits as a Dodger, had to play at the plate in the third inning, had a squeeze play where he got the bunt down to score a run, and I mean caught seven innings from Justin Robleski. So to me, this is the Chucky Robinson game. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers beat the Twins twelve to three. When we continue live from Target Field, we will share our conversation with Kyle Tucker, who was not in the starting lineup tonight and likely will not be in the starting lineup until Friday in San Diego with those backspasms. You will get to know Kyle Tucker a little bit better, in fact a lot better after.
Speaker 3: Listening to this interview.
Speaker 2: And also we will get you an update on ta Oscar Hernandez, who played his first rehab game for Oklahoma City on his way back to the Dodgers, probably in Sacramento. Dodgers beat Minnesota tonight twelve to three on a five to seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 1: On air at AM five seventy, online at amfive seventy LA sports dot com, and available by podcast on the iHeartRadio app. This is Dodger Talk with David Bassan.
Speaker 3: Seven.
Speaker 10: Two Dodgers in front, now the pitch, Swanghan Belt at the left, Indeed, Bestbaul heading.
Speaker 3: Back to the wall. Gone home run number.
Speaker 10: One for Alex Carl He hits his first home run of the season right near host hometown and the Dodgers lead at eight to two.
Speaker 2: Alex call what a day for him going back to his old high school just an hour away from Target Field, and then gets on bas four times. Tonight, Homers scores three times and the Dodgers beat the Twins twelve to three. Daniels Jewelers presents the home run Forecast for your chance to win a fifty dollars Daniels Jeweler's gift card visit AM five seventy LA sports dot Com used the keyword home run and to your name you could win. Daniels Jewelers own the dream. And speaking of home runs, ti Oscar Hernandez homeward in his first rehab game for Oklahoma City.
Speaker 3: It came with two outs. It was a two run home run.
Speaker 2: Ti Oscar Hernandez played five innings tonight, got three at bats in his first rehab appearance, and there's a very good chance to Oscar Hernandez will be at ctivated when the Dodgers end this nine game road trip in Sacramento against the A's. Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers beat the Twins tonight twelve to three, and they did that without tay Oscar Hernandez, without Will Smith, without Dalton Rushing, and without Kyle Tucker who left yesterday's game with backspasms.
Speaker 3: And when I walked into the.
Speaker 2: Dodger clubhouse today, Kyle Tucker was right where I wanted him, in a chair getting his back, you know, treated with some machine that he said, with some stem machine.
Speaker 3: So he was stuck.
Speaker 2: He was sitting there in the corner of the clubhouse and I said, Hey, I've been looking for you. Let's have a little talk here, and he knew I was coming. It wasn't an ambush. And I wanted to share this with you because I was able to ask him the questions that really I've been wanting to ask him for quite some time. So here is our conversation with Kyle Tucker. And also after we get through the base ball I feel like you'll get to know Kyle Tucker a little bit more.
Speaker 9: Thanks for recordering me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, right, you're buckled in. They you can't go anywhere. You're stuck talking to me.
Speaker 9: Oh, perfect, right where I want to be.
Speaker 3: So what's this machine doing for your back? Right now?
Speaker 6: It's just like a PMF machine, just kind of just pulses. So there's like a couple of different like attachments that you can do to it, and a couple guy like a couple guys mostly pictures kind of use it. But it's just kind of like the electromagnetic waves and pulses through you. So I just came came here, sat down for a little bit to use.
Speaker 2: It, and then I saw you, and then I saw Tommy Edmund doing this yesterday.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's not bad. I mean you just kind of sit down and hang out and let it, let it do his thing.
Speaker 2: How's the bag feeling today? You're not in the starting lineup. Good day to choose not to be in the starting lineup with this rain.
Speaker 3: But how's the bag feeling?
Speaker 6: It feels better. Kind of locked up yesterday and was kind of tight and sore. Today it's better, so kind of sore and bothers to kind of rotate a little bit, but it's better yesterday.
Speaker 9: So that's good improvement.
Speaker 3: Kyle.
Speaker 2: Okay, A lot of people have asked you a lot of different questions that I'm not sure I would ask as far as your hitting goes, But I do have specific questions to ask you that nobody's asked.
Speaker 3: Number one.
Speaker 2: You're swinging at the first pitch more than you ever have in your career. Why do you think that is?
Speaker 6: I was I think at the beginning of the season. I mean, it kind of just depends. I mean, if sometimes that's the best pitch you're going to get in that bat. I mean, if they're throwing it in the middle ish part of the zone, like I might as well swing at that, then take that and then have to swing at pitches on the corner. So I just gotta probably do a little bit petter job at not missing those ones.
Speaker 2: I guess Dave Roberts said yesterday, you're a guy that would run counts deep, you know, be very selective.
Speaker 3: Do you feel like.
Speaker 2: If you get back to doing that and maybe going back to who Kyle Tucker was swinging at the first pitch thirty four percent of the time, that could help you moving forward.
Speaker 9: I mean it just depends.
Speaker 6: I mean, if you get first pitched fastball in the middle, I mean that, like I said, it could be the best pitch that you're gonna see.
Speaker 9: That at bat.
Speaker 6: So you just take your chances of that, and you know, if they throw something out of the zone, then you can work deeper into accounts, So it kind of just depends on the ad bat and how it goes. I mean, if you have four bats and the first pitch is all, you know, fastball or something right down the middle, and you see four pitches like I mean, you at least swung out the ones you wanted to swing at.
Speaker 9: It just kind of as a matter of.
Speaker 6: Fact of putting the barrel to the ball a little bit better and making things happen.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like pitchers are pitching you differently this year because it feels like those first pitches are a lot more spin than they were fastballs in years past.
Speaker 9: I think it just depends.
Speaker 6: I mean, I'm sure teams look at how other teams pitched me and see whatever success that someone's had or what worked. So kind of kind of just depends on the pitcher the catcher, and like the team and their game plan and stuff. So I remember regards the second got to hit it either way.
Speaker 2: All right, here's a right, hey, Miguel Rojas endorsing this interview right now in the rain delay with Kyle Tucker. Okay, so here's another one everybody trying to diagnose. Be Kyle Tucker's number one hitting coach no Mare Garciapara did a whole thing on TV about just the way that your stride seems to be more than it has been in years past. Is that something that you're conscious of, Is it something that you're trying to shorten up? What do you say about the stride being too big this year?
Speaker 9: I mean, I'm sure it has.
Speaker 6: I mean has varied throughout my career, and sometimes I'm taller, sometimes I'm more closed or open. Sometimes its strides a little bit bigger, shorter. Kind of depends, and honestly, whatever's feeling right that day or whatever's working at the time, I just kind of ride with it.
Speaker 9: But this year kind of been.
Speaker 6: Searching for what's worked and trying to make that consistent every single time. So it's kind of just been trying to find something that's that's working and just try and hold on to it.
Speaker 2: Last day at home, I thought it was amazing. I was waiting for you, Tucker, in front of your locker, and I was told that right after the final out of the game, you went into the cage to work to try to figure out whatever You're trying to figure out, Where does that come from? And do you believe too many swings can be counterproductive.
Speaker 9: I mean maybe at times.
Speaker 6: I mean I mean I've hit after the game a couple of times, just trying to figure it out or hoping that something clicks so I go into the next day feeling better. So I mean, I mean hittings at constant.
Speaker 9: Trying to get better.
Speaker 6: You're never gonna be perfect, but I'm just trying to find something that helps.
Speaker 2: I feel like All Star break could help you reset, clear your mind, not have to talk to people like David Vass saying come back at Yankee Stadium and be Kyle Tucker.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, obviously I'd like to not have the time off ter an ulcer break because that means you played pretty well in the first half and you get the opportunity to play in the Alstar Game. But She's kinda most important thing is just trying to play better throughout the year, get to the playoffs and really take off from there.
Speaker 2: It feels like your teammates have continued to support you, love on you.
Speaker 3: How much has that meant?
Speaker 9: That's awesome.
Speaker 6: I mean this seems full of great talent and great people, So I mean everyone's here to try and one of another World's Series and get back to the highest point in baseball. So I mean everyone's here to support each other and get better individually and as a group overall.
Speaker 3: All right, Kyle Tucker is our guest. It's a rain delay.
Speaker 2: He's in a chair that he can't move front for his back. So we're gonna find out about Kyle Tucker here. And he's such an introvert. We don't know a lot about you, but you told me that you love to travel, and you've actually been to countries like Italy, and you've been to Florence, You've been to Rome. So are you a guy that is inquisitive you want to know about history or do you want to just see and taste all the great food in Europe?
Speaker 6: More of the latter. I mean, history is such cool. It's not like my number one thing. But ILL like going around, like especially the off season. You don't have that much much of an off season, so you just try and take advantage of it, like go on some vacations, traveling around and seeing some places I haven't been to. So probably do some more of that this next offseason, you know, later on. But I'm in school, I try I try and find different things that I've never tried.
Speaker 9: Before, seen before, and do my research on the stuff.
Speaker 2: How adventurous were you as far as eating in Europe?
Speaker 3: Would you go squid? How far will Kyle Tucker go?
Speaker 2: As far as the delicacies of European life?
Speaker 6: I mean, I'll try majority of things. If it's like too weird or just not up my alley, I'm out. But I mean you can know is just find some places that are you know, you can find all over the place, all over the world, and.
Speaker 9: Like the safe the safe go tos.
Speaker 6: But I'm always up to trying different restaurants and different foods and stuff.
Speaker 2: Well, was the best part of your trip to Rome? If you're trying to give us a scattering report on Rome? Was it the call of was it just seeing the Vaticans? Seeing the people? What was it about Rome that people hyped up that the Tuckers loved.
Speaker 6: I mean we stayed at a place like kind of near a bunch of other attractions, so we were able to walk around the streets and kind of just not have like a set like timeframe or like excursion or anything. We just kind of walked around and did around thing for a couple of days. And then to ended up doing a tour of Vatican City and going through the church and everything. So, I mean the place is massive. I've never been there before than that one.
Speaker 9: Time, so it's pretty impressive.
Speaker 6: So we did a tour through there one day and kind of just going around seeing the city, try and find some cool restaurants and stuff and or like scenes to go check out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what was nightlife like in Rome? Was there any nightlife for you and and your wife?
Speaker 6: We weren't going out and like partying in the clubs.
Speaker 9: Out in Rome.
Speaker 2: You didn't they call them disco text, Tucker, and.
Speaker 6: We weren't going to the disco text. But we had We had a good time.
Speaker 9: It was fun, all right.
Speaker 3: So Vatican City.
Speaker 2: Were you there when Pope Leo was the pope or was it still in between popes? Because Pope Leo big baseball fan, big White Sox fan, he might know who Kyle Tucker is.
Speaker 6: I mean we went at the very end of twenty.
Speaker 3: Three, Okay, I don't think he was there yet.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So I mean it was cool just to go check out places. I mean, we try and try and go over there whenever we can or find enough time. I know, we got a you know, three and a half month old now, so it's definitely gonna make it a little tough for traveling around.
Speaker 9: We try and do it before like.
Speaker 6: The tough stages kind of really start kicking in, we don't have enough time to go over and do things. So we're hopefully trying to go over there again soon.
Speaker 3: Kyle Tucker is a big golfer.
Speaker 2: Have you gone over there and golfed in Scotland or Ireland yet?
Speaker 6: I haven't played golf over there yet. My family and I went over there like years ago, maybe like eight ten years ago or something. We ended up going to place in Scotland and it was pouring rain and we were staying out like I guess it was like a golfer's order something. But was looking outside and it was pouring rain and I see people like walking the course and I was like that that kind of looks miserable. But I guess it's relatively normal over there with the weather and people loving to go play.
Speaker 9: Golf and that might be your only.
Speaker 6: Opportunity to play that course in such a prestigious place, So I get it. But I mean, if it's pouring and lightning and thought it like I'm I'm, I'm good to go inside.
Speaker 9: I'm I'm My round's probably over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree with you. At least we agree on that, Tucker. We agree on a lot. Maybe you and me will go on to European vacation this offseason. You could say you're bringing your wife, I'm bringing my wife and kids, and you know, we could we could have a wingman for each other there.
Speaker 3: I'm going in November, Tucker. Maybe you want to plan that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, perfect. We might cross paths.
Speaker 3: So I like that.
Speaker 2: I like that a lot of people are giving us weird looks walking by this chat. I mean, has nobody ever seen a guy getting some back therapy and doing an interview?
Speaker 9: I don't know. It might be first time.
Speaker 3: Alright, love it.
Speaker 2: Hey, Vessia, he's a big Vassa fan. Don't let him fool you right there, Tucker Dave.
Speaker 4: I can't believe that you're doing this interview while you're on Tucker's.
Speaker 9: Back right now.
Speaker 3: I can't believe it.
Speaker 2: Man, let him rest, Okay, I feel like I'm great therapy for his back.
Speaker 3: Vessia, Oh way, no way, absolutely not. Please let the man rest, Okay, you've never seen him smile this big since he got here. Since that's a lie, that is an absolute lie.
Speaker 9: I've seen Tuck smile many times, actually many. That helps with the smiling for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, evaluate the beard. You think the beard there's like a bird nesting in the beard, Tucker.
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 6: It's definitely getting getting a little long and scruffy right now.
Speaker 3: Multiple people talk about me shaving it, cutting it.
Speaker 9: I'm not gonna do it.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna do it, all right. I love it.
Speaker 2: Defining Vessia, defiant Vesia right there, Tucker.
Speaker 3: See you didn't get this Houston or Chicago.
Speaker 9: Tucker, You're you're definitely one of the con.
Speaker 2: Thanks a lot for the time. Great to share you with Dodger fans. It's not all about baseball. Tucker's a well rounded man right here. Hope the back feels better, and I feel like, definitely this is going to help you get ready for San Diego. Here's my recommendation. I know the trainers around here can appreciate this.
Speaker 3: Take it easy. We'll see We'll see you Friday in San Diego.
Speaker 9: Awesome, sounds good.
Speaker 3: Thanks, So there you go.
Speaker 2: That was the longest conversation I have had with Kyle Tucker, and I appreciate the fact that I was able to ask the questions directly and he answered them directly, and I fully appreciate that, and I did fact check him. He is one hundred percent right. He is swinging at the first pitch a lot less since the end of May than he has been the entire first half forty seven percent before May thirtieth. Since May thirtieth, more like Kyle Tucker only swinging at the first pitch thirty six percent of the time.
Speaker 3: So I'm hoping that you have a.
Speaker 2: Better appreciation for who Kyle Tucker is and appreciate the fact that he didn't shy away from any of the questions that we all had. All right, Tomorrow, the Dodgers will go for the sweep with Otani on the mound going up against Joe Ryan, and Kyle Tucker will not be in there tomorrow. He's expected back in the lineup on Friday Night against the Padres. Otani will also lead off in DH for the Dodgers, going up against Joe Ryan, one of the best in all of Major League Baseball. Our coverage begins at three point thirty tomorrow, with first pitch at four forty thanks to Colinye back at our Burbank studios, thanks to Dwayne McDonald out here at target Field, and thanks to you for listening. In case you missed any of the show, you know where to find it the iHeartRadio app once again. The final score from target Field in downtown Minneapolis. The Dodgers defeat the Twins twelve to three. Have a great rest of your night.
Speaker 3: See you for years. Everything it's so pass to.
Speaker 9: As you went with looking at It's truth.
Speaker 3: Time said it away, The time said it