Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: I am six forty Bill Handle. Here.
Speaker 3: It is a Thursday morning, October sixteenth, storry I want to share with you. And this is another story of this president doing things that other presidents not only have never done, never dreamed of doing. And this is a story about the President saying that if Boston wasn't prepared enough for crime, it wasn't being made any safer than he would seek to move the twenty twenty six World Cups World Cup out of Boston. But where's it gonna go? No idea, but we wanted out of Boston. He also said the same thing about la and the Olympics. This is and this is not a statement that he made pursuant to a press conference or a policy statement. These are reporters that throw stuff at him and he reacts because that's what he does. So, mister President, do you plan on assassinating you know, Macrone of France?
Speaker 2: Well, I haven't thought about it.
Speaker 3: And then that becomes world that becomes front page news.
Speaker 2: And it's almost as this as these as if.
Speaker 3: These reporters are goating the president into responding, and usually things that aren't even at issue there and so, and the President does respond. And as I said during the news segment, the president has such unbelievable influence that when the President of the United States sneezes, the world catches a cold. And so his lines are just they're ridiculous. So he doesn't have any jurisdiction. Does he really have the authority to tell Boston you or tell FIFA move the World Cup out of Boston eight months before the World Cup is scheduled to start.
Speaker 2: How do you do that?
Speaker 3: Or how about the Olympics move the twenty twenty eight Olympics out of Los Angeles? Because Los Angeles has a Democratic mayor in California is newsome, and Boston is a liberal. Chicago has a mayor who is Democrat. And the President has made absolutely no bones about it. He thinks that all democratic cities, who well mayors of democratic cities, those cities are in ruins.
Speaker 2: Those cities are overrun with criminals.
Speaker 3: There's no republican city in the United States, by the way, that has that problem. I want to point that out. There is not a republican city. When I mean republican city that's run by a Republican mayor or a city council and a mayor. So this became a really big deal. So there's a couple of bits of politics I want to throw in here too. The head of FIFA is actually a friend of Trump's, if not a friend, certainly an ally of Trump's. Matter of fact, Trump invited him to be at the signing in Gaza or in Egypt for the peace conference. And what the hell does the head of FIFA I have to do with anything? And so as he said, I love the people of Boston. I know the games are sold out, but your mayor is not good. And this is during the lunch with the Argentinian president, and I think she, the mayor, is hurting Boston. The answer is yes, if somebody is doing a bad job, and if I feel there's unsafe conditions, I would call Giannini, the head of FIFA, who's phenomenal, and I would say let's move it to another location. Now, of course that's not physically possible, but again it is simply a statement. So a word about the Argentinian president, another ally of President Trump's, who is truly ally the president could do no wrong. He can do no wrong as far as the president is concerned. And Argentina just got a twenty billion dollar bailout from the government. Okay, I can't tell you the intricacies of that, but I can tell you what's going on in Brazil. Brazil, the president of Brazil is no friend of Donald Trump's. Okay, Lula and he loved bol Scenario, who was tried and convicted of or who has been convicted of corruption. Now the president currently Lula, Lula de Silva was convicted of corruption and spent four years in prison or two years in prison, and that was overturned. So it's one corrupt after another, corruption replaced by another corrupt individual. But here's the point I want to make. It is as President Trump argues in terms of tariffs, and he's absolutely right in the vast majority of cases, and that is it's about balance of trade.
Speaker 2: It's about just fairness.
Speaker 3: So when we have a negative balance of trade, for example, when China sells US five hundred billion dollars worth of goods and we or we buy five hundred billion dollars worth of goods but we only sell them two hundred billion, there's a balance of there's an imbalance of trade. You're always better off selling more than buying. That makes so much stronger economy. And when it's unfair, it's unfair. So with China, it's unfair. With the European market, it's unfair. We simply buy more than we sell. And what Donald Trump is doing saying, Okay, we're gonna make it fair. We're gonna make it an even playing field, all right, tariffs, That's what tariffs are all about, is to make it as even playing field field as possible.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something about Brazil.
Speaker 3: Brazil not only does not have a negative trade balance with US, we.
Speaker 2: Do better than Brazil does. Brazil is one of.
Speaker 3: The very few countries that actually buy more from US than we buy from them. We have a positive balance of trade with Brazil. Why they still have a fifty percent tariff? Why do you think because he does not like the president and the guy who was thrown out polscenario, who lost the election a rigged election, I might add, that's the language that was used. It was a rigged election in Brazil. Interesting, isn't it. And so that's what's going on in that world. So now does the president have the right to throw on a fifty percent tariff of course he does, and in many cases is for great reasons, and in this case with Brazil is ridiculously and simply because he likes bols narrow.
Speaker 2: That's it, you know, that's it. You know he said it.
Speaker 3: And how about forcing the Olympics to be moved from Los Angeles. Maybe I'll force the Olympics to be moved, or I'll ask the mayor to undo the FIFA Games World FIFA Games, or excuse me, I'll ask FIFA to transfer the games out, which, by the way, I don't think they can anyway, I mean, let's get practical about it, and back to my original position. These are just throwaway lines. A reporter throws something at the president. The president instead of being measured, let me think about it, and hands it off to a and hands off to one of his staffers. Because presidents tend to be measured and very careful in what they say and think things through sometimes too slow, Biden.
Speaker 2: But very few presidents.
Speaker 3: Do what this president does, and that's just throw things out and reporters though it. So there's a lot of gotchats going on in the world of press conferences.
Speaker 2: But the question is does he think he has the influence.
Speaker 3: To have the US the International Olympic Committee, remove LA and go someplace else.
Speaker 2: Can they?
Speaker 3: I don't think they can't, even contractually if they wanted to. All Right, enough of that, Okay, what's going on on the I five? And this is the I five goes right next to the ocean and Camp Penalton is on each side, and you're when you're going next to the ocean, there's only a few hundred yards of beach between the freeway.
Speaker 2: And the and the ocean, and it's kind of neat.
Speaker 3: I've seen a couple of amphibious training exercises.
Speaker 2: They are and you don't know what is happening. It's just happenstance, man.
Speaker 3: They look great with the helicopters and the hovercraft and ah, it's just tremendous. Well, there's going to be a big one coming up to commemorate the Marine Corps two hundred and fiftieth anniversary and it's being called See to Shore, a Review of Amphibious Strength, and Vice President Vance is going to be there and this is going to be a big one. One of things about the Trump administration is they are not shy about showing American fighting force, not shy at all. This is an administration that is proud of its ability to fight, proud of its armed services, and we're going to show you that we're going to do it well. Obviously, there's all kinds of controversy because we've got a governor, the governor's administration that doesn't particularly like the Trump administration and is saying, wait a minute, we've heard that there are going to be live exercises, live fire. Okay, then you just shut down the freeway and it becomes part and part soul of the event or the argument here or the stories is that the freeway is still going to continue on and there will be live fire over the freeway, as in attacking the amphibious forces coming in with live fire.
Speaker 2: Now, are they going to hit anybody? Of course not. That's not the point.
Speaker 3: The point is is that the governor is so pissed off, saying, how can you possibly do this on our beaches. By the way, Camp Pendleton is a federal property. How can you do this and allow people to go through? Well, we're talking about shutting down.
Speaker 2: We don't know. It may be closed.
Speaker 3: It may be closed by the federal government and may be closed by the state.
Speaker 2: Government.
Speaker 3: We have absolutely no idea, but there will be a huge show of force that we know.
Speaker 2: It's kind of neat.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you've ever seen it, As I told you, it's really neat to see that.
Speaker 1: I've lived out here forever and passed by Pendleton one thousand times.
Speaker 2: Doesn't don't they have.
Speaker 1: Signs that always say that there's possibility of live fire? You know what?
Speaker 2: I've ever noticed that? Yeah, I've never noticed that. I've never noticed that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and brother graduated there at Pendleton as a marine, and I remember driving back and forth. There's signs on those beaches everywhere that say caution live fire drills.
Speaker 2: Okay, how do you caution against live fire? Droves explain that just don't don't go onto the beach. It doesn't say don't look at you.
Speaker 3: You're not allowed on the beach anyway, are you?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: But are you allowed onto a Pendleton beach?
Speaker 1: No? But you're not allowed in area fifty one. It doesn't mean there isn't people that try and get in there every year. But but there are signs all over there, Okay that I don't remember seeing it.
Speaker 3: The one thing I do remember, I've seen a couple of exercises, and they are neat to see that they really are.
Speaker 2: So in any case, we'll see what happens with this.
Speaker 3: And it's going to coincide with No King demonstration or No Kings demonstration on Saturday, demonstrations all over the country, the anti Trump administration demonstration.
Speaker 2: The demonstration is saying that they're.
Speaker 3: Over the government is overreaching of course when it comes to immigration and all the stuff that people have a problem with. So we're going to have a dual demonstration. So who's gonna win. Are the demonstrators going to win or are the guys who have artillery pieces, helicopters, tanks and armed infantry.
Speaker 2: Who do you think is going to win that battle? I mean, they're not gonna fight.
Speaker 3: But it's a it's a fun visual, it really is, all right now, Oh this is another one.
Speaker 2: Oh god, I love politics, all right.
Speaker 3: There were some leak messages from young Republican leaders, and these messages included this is political, pick this up, racist slurs, rape jokes, gas chamber commentaries, and man, you've got politicians on both sides of the aisle going nuts and calling for those who were engaged in these slurs and commentary just to resign.
Speaker 2: Well, the VP jd Vance dismissed it.
Speaker 3: You're just doing pearl clutching that these participants were just kids telling stupid jokes and that shouldn't ruin their lives, one of the kids being Vermont state Senator Sam Douglas, who happens to be a very young sixty nine. So it was just kids doing this, mind you. And this is the Young Republicans National Federation, the GOP's political organization for Republicans between eighteen and forty and other people in this case, for example, Sam Douglas was in on the chat and the group described the exchanges as unbecoming of any Republican. The official group is saying, come on, this is ridiculous, and there were months of exchange of this crazy stuff that Politico picked up. Now Here is the problem, and that is Vance immediately comes out and rips into the one interview that was said by I think a a Democrat about somehow two shots should be put in someone's head, you know, an assassination, and he said, that's the problem, not kids making jokes about the Holocaust or rape. That's the problem. Guys like this, which is far far more dangerous. You know what, why can't you call for the resignation of both sides on that? Why can't you simply say both are reprehensible? And you can't advocate or say it's a good thing that Charlie Kirk was killed.
Speaker 2: You can say you disagree with Charlie Kirk.
Speaker 3: You can certainly say the world has changed because Charlie Kirk was killed. But to say that's a good thing, if you're a politician, I'm gonna argue you're done with that, You're gone.
Speaker 2: And the same thing with anybody who says and.
Speaker 3: These were open chats, Holocaust jokes and rape commentary, and I mean just such offensive stuff. Vance does not want those people to resign. That was just jokes among young people. So according to Vance, it doesn't matter what a Republican says, it does not matter. There will be no retribution, there will be no accountability. If the Democrats say it, it's all over. They've got to go. They've got to go. And you know, when we talk about polarity, even that even people talking about and joking about the Holocaust and rape and lynching. I don't know if lynching even took place in this conversation, But no, no, we don't resign for that because those are just ah shucks, just kids. It's just kids having a good time. I've really gotten there. And by the way, on both sides of the aisle, I mean politicians who in my opinion, actually have a decent view of what this country is about. Both sides were screaming, they've got to go. You cannot have this, you cannot have this, and here we go. He reiterated about the kids. This is on Wednesday Vance and on the Charlie Kirk Show podcast, which I think is run by Charlie Kirks, Charlie Kirk's wife. I think she's handling the podcast and other conservatives are coming in and taking turns doing the podcast. And he was asked about the reporting that a person seriously wishing for political violence and political assassination is one thousand times worse than what a bunch of young people, a bunch of kids say in a group chat. You know, when I say we've gone crazy, when I say politics has gone absolutely nuts, I mean it. And that's all the way up up, that's up the ladder to the very highest reaches of our government.
Speaker 2: It's all crazy.
Speaker 3: Pritzker, who absolutely disagrees with the president. So the President doesn't come back and say Pritzker is nuts. Well he does, you know, And I am I'm okay with that. I mean, I like, thank frankly Donald Trump getting to our level and being real. The guy's a jerk, the guy's an ass. But how about the guy should be arrested. We should arrest him for what he's doing.
Speaker 2: You know what. And I'm saying, this is the president, you know what, have some balls? Have some balls? Call cash Pttel call him.
Speaker 3: Right now, get on the phone and say, you go arrest Pritzker, and you argue that he has violated some kind of federal law, and you go handcuff him right now, you gutless wonder.
Speaker 2: You say he should be arrested. Then do it? All right? Oh all right? Let me tell you what used to happen.
Speaker 3: I think if you did any traveling decades ago, and when I started traveling in my twenties and through my thirties and my forties, even my fifties. Now I'm one hundred and thirty years old, I was told many times that that American passport that you hold is the most valuable passport on earth. And why is that well, because, first of all, the most countries in the world that allow you to come in without a visa was the American passport. The countries that accepted and wanted to a Mariamericans in more than any other country in the world. And so we've sort of gone down. The Henley Passport Index, which of course no one knows what they hell that is, has rankings measuring passport potency in this regard the number of countries that let you in without a visa. Countries will let you in without a visa, are countries that want you in, and that is a part of this index. Okay, for the first time in twenty years, we're out of the top ten. Three Asian passports now command the top Singapore one hundred and ninety three destinations worldwide visa free, and then South Korea and then Japan.
Speaker 2: We're now down to twelfth place.
Speaker 3: We were number one even as late as twenty fourteen, where the American passport was worth everything. The American passport was worth real, real money back in the day. I mean people, what you were told is you hang on to your money, your wallet, and your passport, with your passport being the most valuable thing that you had on you if you were traveling overseas, and so now it's just access changes.
Speaker 2: In April, Brazil withdrew the visa.
Speaker 3: Free access for citizens from the US, Canada, Australia. Because of reciprocity, China has been introducing more welcoming policies. It used to be impossible to go into China. Now, man, they want everybody in there except the US citizens. We still need a visa and it's not that easy to get in Papua New Guinea and me and mar they're higher than we are. Somalia, okay, Somalia is a launch of a new eVisa system and Vietnam's exclusion of the US from its visa free edition. Now keep involved. I don't know if you've ever been to Somalia, but Somalia they're chefs. They have a couple of three star Michelin chefs who use branches to serve you dinner. Because that's it sticks. This is Somalia, and you need a visa to get into Somalia. You think Somalia would desperately want anybody with money.
Speaker 2: Nope.
Speaker 3: The UK had the top spot on the index in twenty fifteen. I remember twenty fourteen, the US dropped out and the UK is now in its lowest ever six to eighth place. Okay, there are a few that are at the bottom, at the very bottom of the list. Number one oh six Afghanistan visa free access to just twenty four destinations. I want to know which countries love Afghanis coming into their countries because Afghanis have so much money. Right, Syria is way down at the bottom too, not good, so.
Speaker 2: Highly desirable passports.
Speaker 3: Well, not only do they represent people who countries want in read money investment, we.
Speaker 2: Want to treat people from that country very well.
Speaker 3: But also that also translates into very few restrictions between the US and Europe. For example, we don't have a passport issue. I mean, there's no country that gives me we need a visa with flying to Germany, who fly into France with fly into the UK internative passport other countries. Yeah, all right, this is KFI Am sixty.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 3: Catch my show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am in any time on demand on the iHeartRadio app.