Speaker 1: Just a second date update module in the morning.
Speaker 2: Let me explain second date update to anybody that has never heard it before. This is where and I think it seems to be too common. You meet somebody, maybe on a dating app, you go out on a date or two, and then all of a sudden, they're nowhere to be found. This is a chance for you to have us contact them and find out what the story is it about, maybe you or maybe they just who knows, Maybe they had a Samsung phone and they just couldn't get a call into You. On the phone with us right now? Is Tevon? Is it Tevan? Is that right?
Speaker 3: Yeah? That's right? Man? How you doing?
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 3: I'm trying to figure that out myself.
Speaker 2: Man, So met a girl, you guys went out, you thought the date was great.
Speaker 1: She's not calling you back, and you just want to get an answer.
Speaker 3: Pretty much, That's what happened.
Speaker 1: Ari. He's on the phone with us right now. Ari.
Speaker 2: Hi, how are you doing?
Speaker 1: Hey? Tevan? Say hello to Ari?
Speaker 3: What's up? Ari? Was going on?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 1: How you doing?
Speaker 3: I'm just I'm good. I'm just trying to figure out what's up. What's up with me and you? What's like what's what's going on? I haven't you know, hear from you anything, like, what what's up?
Speaker 1: Because our date wasn't that great? You are super cheap?
Speaker 2: Wait wait, hold on, she's getting right into it. So what did you guys do on your your day?
Speaker 1: Tevan? What did you guys do?
Speaker 3: Man? Look, we you know, first of all, we just go to school together, you know, back in the day. So okay, we already knew each other, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: But last night, last night, we went out, all of us as a group as a show, and Cav met up with a girl that he went to school with too, which is kind of cool.
Speaker 1: We made up her and oh really I don't know that girl from nowhere? We just made it. Oh really? Oh, you guys looked like you guys went to school together. Just made that we vibing. Uh okay, so at least I might have got es. So what did you do? Tavan?
Speaker 3: You know, we went to dinner, We went to the movies. Uh, you know, went to you know, get ice cream and everything. I went to.
Speaker 2: That doesn't sound cheap, Ari, I want to eat you know, Ari? Why did you say he sounds he was cheap? Did you have to pay for everything.
Speaker 4: No, but he's failing to mention that he had a gift card for everything, even the places I didn't want to eat at. I'm lactose intolerant. I don't need cold Stone, but he had a gift card for it, so we had to eat at cold Sound well.
Speaker 1: What you're saying.
Speaker 2: So he pulled out gift cards to pay and you thought that that seemed cheap.
Speaker 4: For every place? Texas Roadhouse m j R. Who who even has a gift card at?
Speaker 3: Mj on? I had a gift car, all right.
Speaker 1: So here's the question. Is it a cheap thing to do?
Speaker 2: Or does it look bad if you use gift cards and you're going on a first date with somebody? Should you use your debit or credit card or pay with cash? I've never seen it done. It'll probably be a little.
Speaker 5: Like you know, but I think there is absolutely nothing wrong with using a gift card. Wait, I'm not tying, however, I feel like I would save your gift cards for maybe not the very first date. Do you first impressions? And also, if I mean, did you truly use a gift card at all three places?
Speaker 3: I did? I had three gift cards.
Speaker 5: I had a gift card, Tava, I love a gift card. I'm just saying, like, on a first date, and then every where you went strategically, like you picked the places that you had gift cards were. I don't know. I mean I I would still go out with you again, but maybe like, just don't don't do that again.
Speaker 1: You're saying it looked bad.
Speaker 5: It does kind of look bad. I think second day, second date, green light.
Speaker 1: Do you agree with it looked cheat? He looked cheat.
Speaker 3: No, I don't agree with that.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, he was asking you don't kind of again and again it's a first impression thing, second date, use all the gift cards just that first date. I don't know, I feel like it is a little tacky.
Speaker 2: Can I just throw this out there. I don't necessarily think that this is a bad thing. I don't think that you even should look and see what they're paying with, Like if I'm Ari, at least he's paying at that moment, and I would kind of look at it, as you know, I'm not going to say, oh, he must have got the gift cards from his grandma for like a birthday gift. I would think to myself, he bought the gift cards himself, and who knows if if it's a you know something.
Speaker 1: He paid for her ahead of time.
Speaker 5: But remember what she said too, She didn't she doesn't even like she didn't want to go get ice cream, but he had a gift card, so they went down.
Speaker 2: Well, if she's lactose and tell her, I just don't take it. Yeah, Whitney, what do you think, Whitney? Is it cheap to use a gift card on a date?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I agree with you.
Speaker 7: I think everyone that thinks this the problem is going to be single forever. Like, come on, now, he paid, He didn't ask her for a dying.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter how he paid.
Speaker 7: He could have called it next to his grandma to borrow twenty dollars he paid.
Speaker 3: So what is the problem.
Speaker 1: I'm like, we actually picky for no reason, Whitney.
Speaker 2: We had that as a second date update one time. That was a second date update where the guy used his mom's credit card.
Speaker 1: But he had to get her on the phone for permission. Remember that.
Speaker 2: Now that is cheap or that's embarrassing. The gift cards aren't too bad? What's up, liz.
Speaker 8: Hi?
Speaker 9: I said, it doesn't matter if he was a gift card. Eight that's still his money. And my uncle all the time goes to Kroger because you get deals and extra points for buying gift cards replace points.
Speaker 2: And they at Costco you could buy like a big stack of gift cards for a deal.
Speaker 1: They got them all.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and Black Friday you got like buy one, get one like you get like double the amount.
Speaker 1: Are you single? If you're single? Okay? See that all the good girls? What's up Tino? Hey?
Speaker 9: I just got to say, at least Heid, he took her to McDonald's, you know, like he took it to good places.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Texas. By the way, I like this guy. He's fun. What's up, Elizabeth? How you doing?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 8: How are you guys?
Speaker 9: Good morning?
Speaker 1: We're doing good. Say say hi to uh to Tevan and Ari?
Speaker 8: Hey guys, how are you say?
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 4: Listen?
Speaker 8: I don't think you should really care if he use gift cards, because honestly, times are tough. Why does it matter he still took you to all those places. I mean, it is what it is. But I wouldn't judge somebody for use in a gift card. It's who cares? I think a good time matters.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 2: Actually, it's one of those things where I would make a joke about it, like Tavan and I'd be like, hey, I got a bunch of gift cards. You cool with the fact, And I think if you made a joke about it, I think that then it becomes kind of part of the fun, and then it becomes a Hey, let me see where I got gift cards from? Right, because I got like, I look in my wallet and I got like the Target five dollars ones that they give you like when you're checking out. I've got a couple of gift cards that I've gotten for like birthday gifts to like, you know, Carl's golf Land and.
Speaker 1: Things like that. I'd put him in a bag and wh every one she pull out. That's where we going, buddy, that's a date. I like it. What's up, Dennis, Hey.
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 1: I want to think he was cheap?
Speaker 3: I would think he was.
Speaker 2: Is Wait what frugal sounds worse? I don't know, Dennis, I don't know if frugal is a good word to use.
Speaker 3: I'll do this.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: Candace Candas says that you can tell if he's cheap on one thing, and what's that Candace and how.
Speaker 9: Much he left for a tip?
Speaker 8: Did he did he use the remainder of the gift card balance as a tip amount or did he leave cash?
Speaker 9: Because if the dinner is free, he should be throwing down.
Speaker 1: On twenty Well, Tave, what did you do? Tevan?
Speaker 3: I love cars?
Speaker 1: Okay, so you pay ca okay.
Speaker 10: I don't even think it's a question of if he's cheap, if he's not telling me you can only order this much like, stay on this side of the menu, as long as everything's covered and we're good and I got what I want, I'm good.
Speaker 2: I've gone out uh Anna with my gift cards and I literally will say we got to order more because I want to use the whole gift card.
Speaker 1: I don't even want money back on this saying I.
Speaker 2: Want to go out with you, so I'm like extracides, I'm extra appetizers, extra desserts. Listeners are saying that we should have Tavon be misfit gift card.
Speaker 1: I like that, Chico, last call, what's up?
Speaker 3: What's going on? Game doing?
Speaker 1: We're doing good? What do you think? Do you think that Tavon is cheap?
Speaker 3: Not at all, man, not at all.
Speaker 6: Definitely gift cards is the same as cash at all those places you use it. But a little tip of advice, just be a little more slick player, Michelle.
Speaker 3: How you do it?
Speaker 6: Just throw it in the little five fo with the card and credit card.
Speaker 1: She don't even You sound like you've done this before, have you?
Speaker 3: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: I've married my wife the first time. Are you really the first time you went on a date with your wife? You use cards?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I had a gift card. I think it was a birthday gift or whatever, but I had a gift card, used it. She never knew it. Told her a few years later. She was flabbergasted. But she ain't have to know.
Speaker 1: Where did you guys go? Cheesecake factory? Uhhh, big Svender? I like that.
Speaker 2: That menu is the most exhausting menu I have ever seen. I get anxiety when I go to the cheesecake factory. All right, no date, no second date. It sounds like it's the Mojo in the Morning second date updates.
Speaker 1: This is the home of the thirty on the thirty fro back, fro down, a second date update, and more than roses. This is Mojo in the Morning.