Speaker 1: For them back to back World champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach. Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 2: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can they print money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 3: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 1: Now your pregame host of the world champion LA Dodgers, tam Cats, Hi.
Speaker 3: Everybody, and welcome in to Molrongo Casino Dodgers on deck on these Tuesday, April seventh, twenty twenty six. You're back to back World champion Los Angeles Dodgers off to an eight and to start to the season winners of four in a row after a sweep of the Nationals. The Dodgers took the series opener from the Blue Jays yesterday in Toronto, and what as a rematch of last year's World Series, tonight, the Dodgers look to make it five straight as hey send Yoshinobu Yamamoto to the mound to face the Blue Jays. First pitch from the Rogers Center is coming up at four oh seven. Between then and now we got a lot to get to here on Morongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from Dodger manager Dave Roberts. In forty five minutes, you're gonna hear from today's starting pitcher, Yoshinobu Yama Moto. We'll dive deeper, of course, to this pitching matchup with Kevin Gosman going for the Blue Jays. Tavid Vase will join us throughout the hour. We got your Dodgers magical moment. Shortly we'll go live to the field at the Rodgers Center. Kirsten Watson from Sports and at LA. We'll check in with the very latest there and at just a few minutes we will head out to the gallpin Ford Broadcast booth with Steven Nelson and Rick monday Well. After scoring thirty one runs in the three games sweep in Washington over the weekend, the Dodgers piled on more yesterday against the Blue Jays, scoring fourteen runs on seventeen hits. They scored early, they scored often. Taosk Or Hernandez got the party started with a two run home run in the top half of the first inning. In the third Dodgers up two to one when Freddie Freeman, mister Canada went deep.
Speaker 2: Old Tony stretching, waving his arms around, standing on third base, Dodgers trying to extend their lead. Up two to one, one out top of the third left Tander Fleming is the ball at the chest, delivers the payoff, and Freeman launches one high in the air deep bright field.
Speaker 1: This ball is long.
Speaker 2: Gone from Freddie Freeman. Four family in country. The Dodgers have their second two run home run of the game, and it's now four to one. Freddie Freeman going deep is third of the season. That one a two run shot, Dodgers up four to one. In the fourth, Kyle Tucker sack fly Dodgers of five to one, and then in the fifth it was Alex Frielan grounding into a double play that squarter run, making it a.
Speaker 3: Six to one lead. In the sixth, show Hey Otani with a home run. He goes deep to make it a seven to one lead. In the sixth, Andy pat has a two run double, Dodgers up nine to one. The party kept going. On the seventh, Dalton Rushing connected with a blast to right center field. Dodgers up ten to one Freddie Freeman. Then again with an RBI double in the seventh Dodgers up eleven to one to Oscar Hernandez. Still in the seventh Inny with an RBI single, scoring two, Dodgers up thirteen to one. And then in the eighth, Dalton Rushing does it again.
Speaker 2: Face is empty, one out top of the eighth the pitch al Rushing Golf's another one out of here, deep to right field. Number two of the game for Dalton Rushing. Oh, he is feeling it at the.
Speaker 3: Plate right now. Dalton Rushing after a home run in Washington, DC hits two. Yesterday. The Dodgers club five home runs on the day, seventeen hits. They score fourteen runs. Meanwhile, Justin Robleski win five innings a lot one run on two hits, Will Clyde and warnego Enriquez and then yes, Miguel Rojas, who was a hero in the World Series in Toronto to end the season last year here at the beginning of the season, embarrasses the Blue Jays with a inning of relief as he pitched the ninth Dodgers win in fourteen to two as they take the series opener at the Rogers Center. The Dodgers now winners of four in a row. And what have they done over the last four games? How about a three to seventy combined batting average, a team ops of over eleven hundred, fourteen home runs, twenty three extra base hits. And during this four game winning streak, three in Washington, DC and the win last night, the Dodgers have scored a combined forty five runs. As the Dodgers improved to eight and two on this season. Tonight, Game two of this three game set, Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mount first, pitching four to zher seven with more, Let's head out to the GALLPU Motors broadcast with North of the Border Steven Nelson Rick Monday, guys.
Speaker 2: TC, We're back here in Rogers Center of the brisk day here in Ontario, Canada, and the Dodgers bats MO have been the opposite of brisk on this road trip. They continued a torrid stretch, demolishing the Blue Jays last night, truly in embarrassing fashion. In what was hyped up is this World Series rematch, first meeting since the epic Game seven, and frankly, the Dodgers were the only club to show up, not just with the bats, but in the field and on the mound as well. It really was a clinic for the Dodgers.
Speaker 5: Toronto was banged up.
Speaker 6: They had some injuries, including last night starter Max Shrzy, who lasted just two winnings. He's an elbow issue to begin with. So yes, they have some people not able to play, but they did not play particularly well in one hundred and fifty seven days after you Game seven, the clincher right here in this ballpark. It was disappointing, obviously for the local crown. For the Dodgers. They did not rub it in. They did not run the bases or dance without being held on at first base out of respect. On the other side, you never know, it might it might turn around to go the opposite correct today, I have one question.
Speaker 5: I don't know what your.
Speaker 6: Mason Dixie line is between brisk and absolutely cold, But it is absolutely cold outside today. It was in the low thirties. The wind chill is in the twenties, So I'm just wondering what your definition of brisk is.
Speaker 2: You're right, it was only I only say that because the sun is still out. When the sun goes down then.
Speaker 3: It does cross does get cold.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, yeah.
Speaker 2: At least the son you have some ability to thaw out here. But for the Dodgers now a chance to clinch this series. And it's a rematch. In terms of the pitching matchup, Yoshinobu Yamamoto against Kevin Gossman, it was the same starting pitching matchup in Game two of the World Series and in Game six of the World Series.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and who would expect it.
Speaker 6: I'm a moto to turn around and pitch also coming out of the bullpen in Game seven, as he did. And he answered comments yesterday about the fact is that he didn't really think about it that much until he was warming up in the bullpen, and he says there was no time to think about it that present time. So I was a little surprised. Also, you had talked about this last night. I was surprised that it was not a sellout in Yeah, ball game, it was a big crowd, almost forty one thousand last night. Game seven was close to forty five thousand. But we'll see what it happens to be today. Although it is.
Speaker 2: Rather brisk outside, it is brisk, that is for sure, And I don't think this Blue Jays five game losing streak or how the team played last night is going to help things on that front when it comes to the attendance. Well, Tim, we're gonna send it back to the studio a little bit later, gonna check in with mo one more time for his big key of the game and perhaps a player to watch here in game two of this three game series at Rogers Center.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you, Nelly, as we got you down to first page Dodger fans. I'mbout getting that game day meal on at Shaky's Pizza Paller. Sounds good, right now? What are your Shaky's Pizza Chicken and Mojo's do it at Shaky's dot Com coming up before first pitch, Here Amrongo Casino Dodgers on deck. You're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. You're gonna hear from Yoshinobu Yamamoto. You're gonna hear from David Vassa, our Dodger insider throughout the hour. Charlie Steiner will stop by as well in about twenty minutes. But up next we'll go live to the field with Sports and at LA's Kirsten Watson and your Otani rewind wats to get you. That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Blue Jays on this Tuesday afternoon from Toronto, Canada. First pitch at four oh seven. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim kas Is the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morono Cassino Dodgers Hunting yea on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Leading up to Dodgers and the Toronto Blue Jays on this Tuesday afternoon. They'll wrap up the series tomorrow with show Hey Otani on the Mountain. Today is Yoshio Wu Yamamoto and Kevin Gosman. The pitching matchup, first pit set for four oh seven.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewhy.
Speaker 2: Man touply delivers the two to one and Otani blisters of all left center field, pushing Varshall back on the warning track.
Speaker 3: He turns and watches it fly.
Speaker 2: Show Hey old Tony with his third home run of this road trip, a solo shot to lead off the six.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 2: The extra point is good for the Dodgers here in Toronto.
Speaker 3: Seven to one Show Hey O'tani goes dB Yesterday and absolute blast the center four hundred and fourteen feet no doubt about him. His third of the season, he was two first six with the home run now hitting two eighty two and more importantly show hey Otani now has a forty one game on base streak.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 3: Hey Karson now joins us live from the field at the Rogers Center in Toronto, game two of his three game set Dodgers and the Blue Jays. Brought to you by Cars for Kids, The easiest way to get rid of your old car. Donate to your car can be picked up tomorrow, donating now at carsfrokids dot org. That's cars with a K Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mount. More on that in the second. But this offense Kearson exploded in Washington, DC over the weekend and it carried over to last night as well.
Speaker 8: Oh my goodna, seventeen hits, fourteen runs last night. It honestly feels like since this team has left Los Angeles, and even just me thinking about the conversation and you talk to the guys, they were saying, you know, there was no concern in the clubhouse there was no noise, none of that. It was all coming from the outside. Even was last the other day because Dave he looked out through the media. He goes, you know, realm WANs and built in a day. So you have to understand when it comes to these guys, I'm getting the results right now. They feel really good at the blade. Even Ferdie Freeman was telling us that, you know, he was working on a few things in the gauge. He put the bat in between his speed and make sure it kind of his stride wasn't moving through and he's felt like that it has put him in a good spot. Felt rushing last night an incredible game. Four hit, two of which were home runs, and even he was in you know, he simplified a lot of stuff when it comes to his swing, and so now he feels that he's just in a better position with the limited at bats, Dusk in a limited playing tunts for him to be able to kind of make something happen behind the plate while also focusing on the work of just catching the picture. So the offense is in a very good spot now that being set, the hope is for them to give run support to Yoshinobu we do know last year that was a thing when even Yoh would be teasing, please just give me ten runs one of these games, you know, asking the day before. But the hope is they can keep it going. Is I know Yoshi would love some run support on the mound today.
Speaker 3: With Yamamoto on the mound, he's returning to Toronto where he was MVP of the World Series last year, and I know he's looking forward to get back up on the mountain out.
Speaker 8: He really is, And even yesterday he was saying, he spoke with the media that you know, returning here, there is it's a nostalgic feeling. There is a lot of emotions, so remembering just what they achieved and for him to be the guy who's on the mound not only just to close out Game seven, but also to start game six and they were in an elimination situation, so for him to be that guy, the performance that he had. Of course, he's the World Series MVP. Those numbers that performs is going to go down in history. But he did make it clear that as much as there is that nostalgia, his focus is now on this season and specifically on this start today. A lot of the guys have been sharing that they kind of feel like the face and the Blue Jays with a different team. It's not the same team they saw in the World Series, so there is a different feeling amongst that. But Yoshi made it clear for him, whether it's the World Series, whether it's a regular season game, he likes to treat every single game the same and how his mind is kind of focusing in on it and his approach. He did that all of October and he does look to continue that specifically with this game today. In all twenty twenty six.
Speaker 3: We'll find out if he can duplicate what he did last October. And he gets on the mat and just a little to make you person. We appreciate it. We'll check in with you after the game. Still to come here on Morago Casino, Dodgers on Deck will dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David vetsegoes one on one with Yoshinoba Yamamoto. But I'm next an injury report and we hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. It's the Dodgers in Blue Jays from Toronto. First pitch of four oh seven. I'm Tim kas Is the back to back World champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 3: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck rolls on as we leads up to first pitcher, Toronto Dodgers and the Blue Jays. Marogo Casino Resort and Spy. It's a Grand Slam for a good times. Yoshiob Yamamoto, Kevin Gosman. The pitching matchup, First pitch set for four oh seven.
Speaker 1: This is the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 3: Report, presented by UCLA Health, the official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Mookie Bets on the ie L with the oblique strain, Tommy Edmond on the I L recovering from off season ankle surgery. Keith Hernandez Fan favored on the sixty day I L. He is starting the year recovering from surgery on his elbow on his non throwing arm. Bruce Dark, Gretorol Brock Stewart, Blake snell landon neck, Gavin Stone, Evan Phillips. All Dodger pitchers working their way back, hopefully soon as they are currently on the injured list. Let's head back up to the Rogers Center and check out with the Dodger Skipper.
Speaker 1: Questions for Dave, Dave, can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure in the dugouts with Dave Roberts?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think so. I think first one really good, second one, just not as Chris and sharp. Yeah, I mean I think with the great ones are always kind of searching for perfection, which is hard to attain. But you know, you can always bet on him. I think that getting back here, I think he's excited to get on the mound again and expect to see a good one tonight.
Speaker 7: And we've talked about how you you never see a starter who will obviously take the game of the World Series in game six and comes.
Speaker 1: Out of the bullpen in game seven.
Speaker 3: But what did you just specifically learn?
Speaker 7: What you know, how he takes care of his body, how he shows up for his team, and how he was able to perform and do it in.
Speaker 10: Three games in the World Series.
Speaker 9: Yeah, And I think you can add to that game three when he got loose and was hot and didn't come into the game. So I think that you know, he's a guy that will do whatever it takes you know to help his team win. And I was thinking about this about a week ago. He's won Olympic gold medal. Right, I think he's won a medal Olympics. He's won a couple of WBCs, he's won a couple World Series Championships. He's won the cy Young you know, the best pitcher in Japan. So it's like, this guy's a winner, and he's shown that he'll do anything, he'll do whatever it takes to win, and so that's that's that's part of his DNN all that success.
Speaker 10: He doesn't lift weights.
Speaker 4: He said, yes that some players are starting to ask him about his route. Do you feel like some pitchers now they look at what he's done and maybe scale back on the weights.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think that they should. You know, he's got a different body type. His body moves different than let you say, Emma Chan. But you know, I don't think you know, western world of sports, we've got it nailed as far as on the pitching because there's been so many injuries. So there's a lot of ways to you know, sort of prepare and he's obviously found what works for him. But any smart athlete baseball players should ask Yoshi what he does and why and see if it fits.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what he does to get warmth to work out different but certainly productive, and we'll see if it catches on. Well, continue here on Moroco Casino Dodgers on deck. We'll check in with David vad say so he leads out to first pitch from Dodgers and Blue Jays Game two, there's three game set Dodgers riding the four game winning street coming in. I'm Tim Kates is the back Toback World Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers in Toronto. Game two, there's three game series Dodgers riding the four game winning streak. Yoshinob Yamamoto, who you're gonna hear from, coming up in about twenty minutes, going against Kevin Gosman. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Alopato, born in La and made for your game day. Alpato brings authentic Mexican style tomato, sauces, salsas and hot sauces to your table. El Pato Gourmet and a can.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on tack.
Speaker 10: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David base bry dv.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers over the last four games are scoring runs in bunches by the dozens, if you will. And it's been not the Big four necessarily that have done a lot of work, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, When you look at the Dodgers bottom third of the order. Back in twenty twenty four, guys like Rojas, Gavin lux kek Hernandez were getting on base at a very high clip. But last year the bottom third of the Dodgers' orders struggled and Dave Roberts was searching for guys to get on base to turn that lineup over. They finished the regular season hitting two twenty eight with a non base percentage of only two ninety four. Fast forward to the beginning of this year, specifically during this four game winning streak where the Dodgers have scored forty five runs, the Dodgers bottom third of the order seven eight nine hitters are hitting a combined three fifty eight with a on base percentage of four to h two. That's not only turning the lineup over, but also giving sho Hal Tany, Kyle Tucker, and you know Will Smith, Freddie Freeman opportunities to drive them in. And we saw that last night where the Dodgers scored fourteen runs. The bottom third of the order was huge on getting on base and turning the lineup, over going first to third. All of those things matter and opponents. I remember this in twenty twenty four, people from the Padres side of things in twenty four said, our main goal in this NLDS is to keep the bottom of the order off base for when Otani comes to the plate, whether he's starting a fresh inning or coming up with nobody on during a particular inning. And right now, the bottom third of the order is doing their job and it's making life miserable for opponents.
Speaker 3: David is brought to by the Ford Maverick Motor Trends in North American Truck of the Year. The Ford and Maverick everything you need in the most initiative truck. It's innovative with a forty two miles per gallon at the best MSRP of its category. It's time to see forty at a new light. Go to your Southern California Ford dealers today. Kevin Gosman on the mound, David against left tenders, what has he done against him?
Speaker 4: Only one left hander has a hit off of Kevin Gossman this year, and that Shane Langeliers of the Sacramento As he homered off a Gossman. And I was curious, you know, you look at the Dodger left he's in the lineup, munth Seed, Tucker Freeman, They've all done fairly well against Gossman. But Alex Friedland is a switch hitter. And I asked Dodgers hitting coach Rob van Zoyak if there was any thought to have Freeland hit from the right side, because during batting practice he was taking all his swings from the left side. And he said, no, there was no thought to that, because Freeland is a better left handed hitter. So the Dodgers are going with Freeland's strength instead of you know, Gossman's history track record against left handed hitters, because Freeland's not really that great from the right side.
Speaker 3: We'll find out first pitch coming up in just a little bit. Great stuff. Dave will check back in with you in a few minutes. Coming up here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck. We'll hear from Charlie Steiner, but I'm next you. Dodgers Magical Moment Dodgers Blue Jays first pitch of four oh seven of Tim Kates is the back to back World Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morono Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Blue Jays from Toronto Game two. There's three games sent Yoshiobia Momodo, Kevin Gosman. The pitching matchup. First pitch set for four oh seven.
Speaker 10: Dog who wants the hot cut?
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfey Magical Moment. Pitch Magical presented by Hawpy Hot Times.
Speaker 3: Well, we go back to last year's World Series at the Rogers Center, Game six, the Blue Jays threatening a three to two series lead. Dodgers needed to win to force a Game seven ninth inning. Dodgers the backs against the wall until a little key K magic and then.
Speaker 2: There's his zero for three with a strikeout so far in game the right he comes home and then it is flips it in the left field Hernandez charging.
Speaker 3: He makes the catch, the throw back the second here's a play.
Speaker 10: The tag He's out.
Speaker 3: Key K Hernandez to the go Rojas and the ball game is over. Yees say seven to four double play if you're keeping score, Key k Hernandez that catches the liner in left field and throws a one hop to Miguel Rojas, who makes a tremendous pick at second to get the out on the player at second base, and the Dodgers force a Game seven. And of course we knew what happened in Game seven, forcing extra Indians and then a win eleven Indians to win the twenty twenty five World Series. This Hafey Magical woman brought to by Hafey hot Talks Haffey Sokaw's local treasure for nearly one hundred years, Haffy hot Dog Local and so great. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we will check in with Charlie Steiner and Rick Monday. We lead you to first pitch on this Tuesday Dodgers and Blue Jays. I. Tim Kase is the back to back World Champion Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 1: Nato, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your home for the Blue All season long.
Speaker 3: Log Dodgers and Blue Jays Game two. This three games set from the Rogers Center in Toronto. Yoshanoba Yamamoto, Kevin goswin the pitching matchup. Dodgers winners of four in a row. It's time for the Verizon startup is we are thirty two minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in your low price for three years so you can save big. Visit the Verizon store today.
Speaker 11: Charlie Steiner, All right, tim, it is cold and it is miserable in Toronto. Thankfully there's a roof over the heads. But it was on this day, April seventh, nineteen seventy seven, the Jays played their very first game as a franchise at Exhibition Stadium against the White Sox. The one time Dodger Bill the Singer throwing Machine made.
Speaker 5: The start for the JS. Well, let's take a look back at last night. Let's take a look at both home and road for the Dodgers.
Speaker 11: So last night, the Dodgers, with fourteen runs seventeen hits, improved their record to eight and two.
Speaker 5: They've won four in a row. The Jays have lost five in a row.
Speaker 11: What do you make of the disparity mode between what the Dodgers are doing offensively at home and then again on the road.
Speaker 6: Well, I think the first of all, they faced the Nationals not really barn burners out of the bullpen, and you know, it was one of those nights last night that offensively, I'm not certain that any team would have held down the offense what they were able to do in Game one of this series. I think that's going to bounce out a little bit more. And it's a kind of a hurry up thing too, trying to get the season underway at home initially in that short homestand and then your way for six games and then they come back on Friday night and start another homestand but I think the Dodgers more important. I think they made a statement last night because a lot of people were saying last year, well, did the best team win the World Championship? Well, one game's not going to decide that. With a lopside of victory last night, but I think for the Dodgers it was a very settling mood and maybe unsettling for Toronto as far as the Blue Jay fans, Yeah, the.
Speaker 5: Jays are really struggling.
Speaker 11: Dodgers twenty three runs in six home games. They've scored forty five runs in four road games, and the Dodgers have scored eight or more runs in four consecutive games.
Speaker 5: They're just hitting everything in sight.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and last night also five home runs were hit, and two of them by Dalton Rushing to show how deep this ball club is rushing is not playing to night. Will Smith will get the start, and we will probably hear some real loud booze because not only is Will Smith in the light up he was the one that hit the final home run in the eleventh inning, the top of the eleventh inning in Game seven, but also Miguel Rojas, who hit the home run with one out in the top of the ninth inning of Game seven, is starting, and Rojas will be at shortstop, So there's liab will be some thunderous roars, and not necessarily in positive response to the.
Speaker 11: Dodgers Major league batting average round the league to thirty five. The Dodgers team batting average of the first ten games is two ninety five and hating three seventy on the road. You've got Pa has a seven game hitting streak. Freeman and ti Oscar six game hitting streaks. That's show, hey fellow a four game hitting streak. He's been on base forty one consecutive games. The Dodgers averaging not quite four runs per game at home, eleven and a quarter on the road.
Speaker 5: This is really staggering. Yea, it is.
Speaker 6: How about the fact to talk about staggering last night they had so many hits they actually raised their team batting average by ten full points. Win one game. Yes, it's early in the season. We're looking at now only game seven, but it has been a thunderous roar of what we have seen so far. I mean, you come on, and this Dodger ball club perfect on the road to this particular point in time, four wins and no losses in Toronto, trying to turn it around. They're two games below five hundred. They're four and six, and that was totally unexpected. But then again, their injuries were also totally unexpected.
Speaker 11: Yamamoto going for the Dodgers, Kevin Gosman going for Toronto. This is a matchup of games two and six in last year's World Series. Godsman has been pitching great, and Yamamoto as well. He's Yamamoto.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Yamamoto should really have a record of two and oh and for Gosman does not have a win or loss in spite of in the two starts that he's made an era of under one. He simply has not had any run support at all. One thing about it, Dodges know full well he's a tough customer to face, and they're gonna have to really tow the rope tonight against him.
Speaker 11: Yeah, he's struck out twenty one so far this year and hasn't walked anybody. And tomorrow Otani goes, Dylan ceaes for the Jays, and then Thursday and off day and the Dodgers finally come home.
Speaker 5: But the way they've been playing on.
Speaker 11: The road maybe not exactly where they want to be, but of course home is where the heart is and where of course they are the two time defending World Series champions.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's going to be interesting tomorrow, not only because of another good pitching match in it tomorrow, but then how much of how much of a delay is it going to be leaving the airport? We go back to the last year after Game seven, it could take them a while to get through the checkpoints. Because the people understand say it's the Dodgers don't be in a hurry.
Speaker 5: Yamamoto and Gosman.
Speaker 11: Tonight's pitchers Dodgers and Jays coming up next.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you, Charlie. Great to hear from you. Dodgers Baseball brought to by City a Hope, preparation, precision, and unrelenting commitment to being the best of what they do. That what makes them a champion. And you are champion in city I hope that commitment has one focus curing cancer. City of Hope, Champions of Hope, make an appointment today a City of Hope, dot Org. Still to come here on Rogers on Deck will get you a previous pitching matchup. Steven and Rick will be back with the keys of the game. But I'm next. We go high and tight with Yoshinobu. Yeah, I'm Amoto, Dodgers Blue Jays first pitcher four oh seven. I'm Tim Kates And this is the backpacker World Champion Dodgers Audio Nework.
Speaker 5: As we were.
Speaker 1: Saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Leading up to Dodgers and Blue Jays on this Tuesday afternoon, y Oshanoba got Momodo Kevin Gosman. The pitching matchup first pitcher four oh seven. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's game day, it's group day and Shaky's dot Com.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 4: The Dodgers are back in Toronto and we're with World Series MVP Yoshi Yamamoto and his trusted friend Hero.
Speaker 12: Thank you for your time, and what is there?
Speaker 10: He goes, I want a little thank you? Ima Hibua?
Speaker 13: Uh? Keeping on not one of the cities. De hi, it's a loco.
Speaker 10: I asked Yamamoto in Japanese, how do you feel? He said, it is pretty good?
Speaker 14: And then now you know, because I'm.
Speaker 15: Feeling pretty good.
Speaker 12: And then preparations for tomorrow is going well.
Speaker 14: At the same time, I get a lot of the great memories from last year is coming back in my mind.
Speaker 4: Have any of the staff members bowed to you when you come down the steps?
Speaker 14: I mean last time?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Like last time? Did he do it today? Anybody today? What there?
Speaker 2: I mean that schedule?
Speaker 13: Uh?
Speaker 14: Not so not, And because we actually just talked about it in that same spot, you know, because since since them day, you know, some people just abow.
Speaker 10: Is he surprised by the attention?
Speaker 4: Are you surprised by the attention you have gotten coming back to Toronto?
Speaker 10: Attention? People caring so much about him?
Speaker 13: And we almost have.
Speaker 5: You know, national.
Speaker 12: Uh and somehow because I agree because I get some attention here.
Speaker 10: How has your life changed since Game seven last year?
Speaker 13: Saying hi.
Speaker 15: Hi, Hi's hi this, I got a lot of celebration from remaining people. By my life it self, it hasn't much changed yet.
Speaker 4: Yoshi Yamamoto and Hero are our guest here in Toronto the World Series m v P this year. How have you felt to start the season?
Speaker 5: I know?
Speaker 10: Do you com do you country?
Speaker 13: Do you country?
Speaker 5: Discover?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 13: Interested? Dedicated? Called again?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Because opening opening day, I was able to have the opening they with a great condition. And then even though like a second start, you know, because I wasn't really doing good, but you know because throughout the season, you know, because I'm just coming up stronger and stronger, and then you know, because I hope, like I'm saying, healthy and then.
Speaker 10: Have that great season one last question. Have other pictures have other pictures.
Speaker 4: Asked you about your training method to pitch?
Speaker 13: Ama?
Speaker 3: No, No, tons of months.
Speaker 12: Yeah, actually you know because I get more questions from other pictures. But you know because I think for yeah, uh he gets he gets a lot more questions.
Speaker 4: Hey, YadA sense is not the one pitching. This guy is pitching. They should come to this guy. Are master for your time, You're Shiyamamoto. Thank you again for game seven.
Speaker 10: Thank you very.
Speaker 13: Much, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 4: All right, Hero, thanks a lot for your time. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 3: Tim, all right, thanks a lot.
Speaker 5: DV.
Speaker 3: Thanks to the Hero, and thanks to Yoshinobu Yamamoto, who is on the mound today for the Dodgers. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Uniclo Field the Dodger Stadium. Visit Uniclo dot com, slash us leady up to first pitch. When we come back, we'll type deeper into this pitching matchup. Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back world champion Dodgers on your network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers Blue Jays Yoshinobu Yamamoto Kevin Goswin the pitching matchout first pitch coming up at four oh seven, and.
Speaker 1: Now before the Dodgers hit the dinam we look at the pitching match up.
Speaker 3: Brought to you by your Toyota Dealers. We make it easy. Kevin Goswin, thirty five year old right hander fourteen season in the Big League, is fifth of the Blue Jays, making his third start this year. Fast time out. He had six shutout Indians and a no decision against the Rockies six innings, one run, one hit in a game against the A's, making his twelfth career start fifteenth appearance against the Dodgers. He faced him twice in the World Series last year, going six and two thirds of three run ball in Game two before allowing three runs over six innings and work in Game six. Yoshinobu Yamamoto goes for the Dodgers. Twenty seven year old right hander one and one three r ray, making his third start six innings, two runs, five hits, six strikeouts on a win over the Dieback six innings, two runs, four hits and a loss to the Guardians. He has faced the Blue Jays a couple of times, most noticably in the World Series last year, where he pitched in Game six and Game seventy finished The Fall Classic. Is the MVP with the three to zero record in a one oh two E R Ray Dodgers Blue Jays for fifteen minutes away for first pitch keys the game. Our next Don't go Anywhere. I'm Tim kas is the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers on tap on your home for the Blue All season.
Speaker 3: Log Dodgers and Blue Jays from Toronto, Yoshi Wa Yamamoto, Kevin Gosman. The pitching matchup as we get you ready for the start of the game with a Saporo starts a great moment. Start with Saporo beer, whatever your taste preference to Poro as you cover with a variety of crisp and refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beer. Soaporo good with sushi, great with baseball. We got back out to the booth. Stephen Nelson, Rick Monday, guys.
Speaker 2: DC, We are approaching first pitch here at Rogers Center. Kevin Gospin will throw it out to show hey old Tony Yoshinoba yamamotos starting for the Dodgers. It's another rematch within this World Series rematch. Yamamoto and Gosspin faced off in games two and in Game six of the Fall Classic last year. Of course, Yamamoto the World Series MVP. So far this season, MO, I would say that the MVP for the Dodgers is probably Andy Pah is not only torrid at the plate right now, but the way he looks out in center field in total control of his.
Speaker 6: Position, and I think the confidence level as a result of a lot of hard work on his part and the preparation of knowing where.
Speaker 5: To position himself.
Speaker 6: Also, I'm looking forward to this pitching matchup, as you mentioned Yamamoto and Gosmin Game two, Game six of the World Series last year. Yamamoto has pitched better than to be one and one in the two starts that he has, and for Kevin Gosman, he has really deserved a better outing. He's not won a game so far in spite of the fact is ern Ren average folks is zero point seven five, it's under one. Hes just not had support.
Speaker 2: Two starts, twenty one strikeouts, and zero walks issued by Gossman put the Blue Jays offense which was so vaunted when the Dodger saw him in the World Series, and really through most of last season, they've scored just three total runs while Gossman has been in the game this year.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Gosman's been in controlled Dinner's gonna have to make an adjustment. Yes, they've seen him multiple times, but the still remains the fact that fastball, he likes to work it up and end to hitters early in the count. And this slider is very good and the splitter is absolutely lights out, and he gets a lot of swings and misses.
Speaker 2: Game two of three for the Dodgers. Here on the road in Toronto, looking to make it a five and zho start on this road trip.
Speaker 3: Tim back to you in the studio. All right, a little tweak to the Dodgers lineup in the last few minutes here the Dodgers Miguel Rojas has been scratched. Yasung Kim will get the start at shortstop. So Miguel Rojas was scheduled to play shortstop in bat eighth. He has been scratched as about three minutes ago. Now it's tis on Kim getting the start at shortstops and batting eighth. So as soon as we get some more details, I'm sure Stephen and Rick will pass along the details that has been Morongo Casino, Dodgers on deck coming up first pitch, and Rogers Center Dodgers riding a four game winning street. Can they make it five in a row. We'll find out next and join everybody. I'm Tim Kass, the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network