Speaker 1: You're list Saints KFI AM six forty the Bill Handle Show on demand on the iHeartRadio f KFI.
Speaker 2: AM six forty Bill Handle.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 4: It is a Friday morning on November the fourteenth, and it's going to rain.
Speaker 2: It is raining. It's going to rain.
Speaker 4: And before we start with Handle, on with Footy Friday, and you ask Handle anything. At the bottom of the hour, I'm reading an article in the Wall Street Journal and this is for you, Amy Ms Baseball, and it's about the Rockies and how good they are this season. Their win loss aubage average was one and sixty one. They did not do well this year. No was it forty three one nineteen or something crazy. Anyway, it is time. I just thought I throw that in there.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 4: You're welcome, you know, because you're part of the show and you're baseball. You're the baseball Maven along with Crono. All Right, it's time for Foody Friday with Neil Savedra. Neil Tomorrow's two to five pm. He's at Fork. Reporter is his handle. My handle is Handle, and let's do it. Thanksgiving is coming and we always do this. Neil fills in for me on Thanksgiving Day and so the question we do every year picking your turkey? Do we do a fresh turkey? Do we do a frozen turkey? Do do we do a previously frozen turkey? Do I do you buy a gently used turkey? Which way?
Speaker 2: Neil? I can't hear you.
Speaker 5: You want to hunt your own this year?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: No, no, I'm not. I don't do Thanksgiving. You know, I hate my family. My family hates me.
Speaker 2: I don't have no Please everybody.
Speaker 4: Everybody goes around the table usually we were with Thanksgiving and what are you grateful for? And uh, I'm grateful for low rate? Well where's gratitude there?
Speaker 2: Neil?
Speaker 4: What kind of turkey should I buy? If I were buying a turkey?
Speaker 6: So you break down Food and Wine asked a bunch of chefs and what they look for when you're going to a grocer or something like that looking for a turkey, and they break down some really really basic insights that I've talked about many times on the program on the Fork Report. When you're going to the grocery store picking the right turkeys, you know it's going to make or break how things go. And the first thing you look for is don't go for those massive birds.
Speaker 5: Coming from a big family.
Speaker 6: I know that that's like everyone goes, I gotta get this massive, twenty five pound turkey to feed everybody. You're better off getting two smaller birds. They're gonna taste better. You don't have to wrestle with a twenty five pound turkey roast two smaller ones. It's about a pound pound and a half per person is the basic rule. But you can always add like a turkey breast or a turkey leg if you know you're gonna have people that want dark meat or more white meat.
Speaker 2: So how about the feather issue?
Speaker 4: Do you agree that turkeys with feathers are not as good, although they may be cheaper.
Speaker 5: They call them the pellet cleanser. No, you don't want to.
Speaker 6: You don't get that the turkeys don't have feathers on them. You nut so do they do originally but not when you eat them. They also have heads and feet originally true, but read the labels. Chefs will often recommend looking for terms like humanely raised, pasture rays organic, or air chilled. These are signals of that they're not just this massive farmed over. You know a lot of these birds they can't even breathe naturally, they're just genetically messed with to become huge.
Speaker 2: The breast area, I mean, their center of gravity.
Speaker 4: I mean I've heard about they barely walk because the breasts are so big they actually can fall forward. Those are, yeah, the Dolly Parton version of turkeys.
Speaker 6: The dub it the double breasted white turkey. Yeah, they get they do. They get pretty massive. So whether you're buying fresh or frozen, also keep in mind look at the packaging. Frozen birds can actually be a great choice. It just depends how they're frozen. At peak freshness. You've got to allow several days to thaw. And people don't understand that you don't want any tears in the packaging anything they can get frost in there. Those types of things are what you're looking for in a turkey when you're buying it in a grosser.
Speaker 2: What do you do when you're serving turkey up for Thanksgiving? It your place?
Speaker 6: Frozen fresh all I've done both, and you know, fresh, if you can get it, it is great.
Speaker 5: But like I said before, when it comes to like our friends at WILDFKD Foods, the freezing process is what's important in when what In one state, the turkeys were when they're frozen. I have zero problem with a frozen turkey. But yes I've done both.
Speaker 4: Okay, and the giblets and the stuff inside the turkey was right. You know, you reach in there, I feel like a gynecologist, say you're pulling out this unbelievable stuff and that you don't cook. Well, you listen, let me do this. When stuffing inside the turkey, I have heard you. Never I took stuffing inside the turkey.
Speaker 6: Because it has to get to one hundred and sixty five in the center of that and you're gonna risk the bird at that point.
Speaker 5: It's not worth the batchelism.
Speaker 2: And the other thing.
Speaker 4: You cannot cook an entire turkey where it's evenly cooked because very hard.
Speaker 6: Most chefs will say, don't try and cook the turkey altogether. You're gonna spatch cock. It is when you you slice it and break the breast. Now, cono, it's an actual cooking term, you wing nut.
Speaker 2: I used to pay big money to be spatch cocked. I just want to let you know.
Speaker 6: That you know about wine, the bungholes, cono and wine.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, the punch You know that load is.
Speaker 6: Actually the actual term of measurement in wine. Okay, keep doing this all day, dirty terms. I know, all right, Neil, you know, let's go right to it.
Speaker 4: A new Costco salad, so put out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it's uh yeah. Strangely enough, I'm getting a little tired of Costco stories. I have to tell you.
Speaker 5: The show is for everyone else. It's not for you.
Speaker 2: Oh I know, it's not.
Speaker 6: No wrong, and some of us actually care about the listener no, and do a little research as to what they're interested in.
Speaker 2: That's wrong too.
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, your gravitational pull too much.
Speaker 4: Costco salad quickly, because I'm tired of Costco already.
Speaker 6: Listen, people love the Costco rotisserie chicken, yes you're oh yeah, exactly.
Speaker 5: So here's the deal.
Speaker 6: That famous rotisserie chicken that everybody loves, a staple there in the warehouse deli is okay, but now they're using that same chicken in their uh in a new chef salad that's at the food court, and that's kind of a big deal. They're utilizing that beloved chicken. And because I like, a chef salad really is just like a deconstructed sandwich. I mean, you've got everything you could possibly want in there. So the cherry tomatoes, bacon bitch, you got crumbled boiled eggs, You've got shredded cheddar cheese, creamy peppercorn ranch dressing. And now it's got that rotisserie chicken in there as well. So look for the rotsty rabinery chicken chef salad on the menu now in the food court.
Speaker 4: Done done, I will do So this one's for Amy pumpkin pie pop tarts.
Speaker 2: Okay, a lot of alliteration there.
Speaker 6: These are not new, They've been around for a while. But I got to tell you, my wife brought some of these home the other day, and we kind we always joke about how something sounds better than it actually is. Most of the time you go for a treat or something, you go, oh, this sounds like an interesting combination, and then it's not so great. The Holy pumpkin pie Batman. These pumpkin pie toaster treats are really tasty, and they hit the spot warm or cold, and you can find them all over the place. And then again, they're not new, they just are seasonal and you can't always find them a place but Vaughn's Walmart Target Albertson's take a look, and you can find these and they're pretty. They're pretty damn taste.
Speaker 4: Well, Amy, I want to you're you're a big fan, obviously.
Speaker 2: Do you do the toaster or not? Or both?
Speaker 7: Okay, So when I do have pop tarts, I used to just go grab them and eat them, and then one time I thought, oh, it'd be nice if they're warmed up you toast them. They're like one hundred times better.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you put butter on top even better.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because it makes the crust flaky, a little.
Speaker 5: Bit warm and toasted warm and toast.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I can't wait to try the pumpkin pie ones. I've never even heard of those.
Speaker 5: They're very, very good. I was surprised.
Speaker 2: Smoked salmon.
Speaker 4: Wow, a little bit of cream cheese, a little bit of smoked salmon on it.
Speaker 2: Who you guys just don't understand.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, yeah that's it.
Speaker 5: It's weird about the taste, buds. We're not like smoke sam right, we are.
Speaker 2: No smoke salmon is wonderful.
Speaker 6: I love smokes past breakfast.
Speaker 2: Why not French toasts with smoked salmon.
Speaker 4: Okay, we're done with the foody Friday Friday, and now we end the week with ask Candle anything, and it's all about embarrassing me and usually it does work, so day and moving on, let's do it. It's ask Candle anything.
Speaker 2: Cono.
Speaker 5: Hey, handle, Now that you're pimping gold in commercials, how long before you start pimping cryptocurrency?
Speaker 4: Probably Monday, I would guess. I'm I'm not a big fan of crypto. I don't understand crypto. I don't get it. There's nothing there, I mean, nothing behind crypto. Gold is is real stuff. And let's not mention the word pimping. Why don't we say I'm representing. I am at worst pitching pimping.
Speaker 5: He representing? Ain't easy, bro?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wish you could see my hand right now with my finger up.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 4: Moving on, Hey, good morning, bill handle, flying fish.
Speaker 8: I'm not at the airport.
Speaker 5: I'm on my way to have a soup.
Speaker 3: You still believe that people are gay if they get pedicures.
Speaker 8: Or a manicure, or is it that you believe that men are gay who get pedicures and manicures?
Speaker 2: So, man, what's going on with that?
Speaker 4: Man? Man?
Speaker 2: Need your opinion on that?
Speaker 4: Guse Yeah, I've never seen a straight guy get a manicure or a pedicure.
Speaker 2: There's just no way they do.
Speaker 4: Men.
Speaker 6: No, no, I get manicures and pedicures. They're fantastic. Gay no gay, hold on, let me ask my boyfriend.
Speaker 4: Yeah, huh, all right, moving on.
Speaker 8: Good morning. My question is this. You know, anywhere you go nowadays, you always see all these lawsuits advertised on the radio, on the television, all of this. And so my question to Bill is that are these funds or this money that is derived from a lawsuit, is that considered taxable income?
Speaker 2: And that's actually a decent question. It is not.
Speaker 4: It is not taxable income, and usually it's fraugile income. That's actually not true. I'm being great.
Speaker 5: You in a lawsuit, they can't tax it.
Speaker 2: It's not taxable. Nope, nope, nope, it's not taxable income.
Speaker 4: It's and and there's a lot of them because we get into a lot of accidents in southern California. I mean, we're a car community. And the quick answer is knowing there are a lot of lawyers out there. That's why I create and handle on a lot dot com because I get asked so often about lawyers and referrals, and there is Let's do one more, Hi, Bill, you frequently talked about food, and please don't change.
Speaker 5: How much do you actually eat?
Speaker 2: Lots and lots of food.
Speaker 4: I eat here on the show, obviously, you know, I eat most of the day. I wake up in the morning and I have breakfast, and then sort of midday, I have a snack and then lunch, and then a snack, and then another snack, then dinner and then a snack.
Speaker 2: That's how often I eat.
Speaker 6: How many bagetts and ham and cheese packages do you go through in a week?
Speaker 4: It depends. Right now, there are no baguettes in my freezer. I go through different phases. I have bagels, I have those square little chia bottle rolls that you get from Costco. I have some sour dough, and I have ham and cheese of course my refrigerator.
Speaker 2: So there you go. How many a week It depends on when I'm eating him. When I'm eating them.
Speaker 4: I'll go through five or eight or ten or twelve, sometimes fifteen maybe Cono in California.
Speaker 3: Question. I know Lindsey has chronic pain. How does she survive flying such a long distance on an airplane and you know, travel and all that. Does she just up her meds pain meds just curious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she doesn't take pain meds.
Speaker 4: She doesn't believe in him, and she survives because she survives. I mean, it's that simple that she's an extraordinary trooper. I don't survive, but she does. That's how she does it. Okay, I mean there's not.
Speaker 2: Much more to say.
Speaker 4: Yes, you've said you don't drink alcohol, but being such a foodie, I was wondering if you've ever tried wine over the years, and if there's reason why you.
Speaker 5: Don't like wine or won't drink it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean there is a good reason. Of course I've tried it. I mean I'm not a teetotaler. And the reason I don't drink any alcohol is if you remember as a kid, as a little one, and the first time you ever tried alcohol, it sort of tasted like medicine. Eh, doesn't taste very good. I'm still there. I'm still there. It tastes horrible to me. I mean, I'll have you, for example, I'll have my tire or whatever I go to. The alcohol ruins it. So let me have a virgin, which I certainly have never had. Gotten married.
Speaker 2: Let's move on.
Speaker 3: Hi.
Speaker 5: Bill Kim from Lake Forest Question for you.
Speaker 2: Now that you're living in South Orange County, how do you like the couple of costcos that you have to select from? Do you miss your La Valley one? Curious? Thanks? No, I don't.
Speaker 4: As as a matter of fact, the costco I go to has has a Smart and Final next to it, and then has a Mexican restaurant where they have some of the best Tamali's and it's about a ten to fifteen minute drive. No, I do not miss the costco I used to go to. I like this Costco. Yes, yes, Cono, that's it here we.
Speaker 9: Died, Bill, you hadn't mentioned the last time you returned from Italy that your new wife what's her name, Lindsey has stayed behind. Has she returned yet or did she find a real man and hooked up with him and she's still there?
Speaker 2: The latter she has not yet returned.
Speaker 4: She stayed with a girlfriend of hers and I had to come back, oh God forbid and work. So yeah, she came back eventually. I think we have time for one more. If you have one costco. If you have no, there goes a little Freudian slip there, okay Costco?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Questions for Bill?
Speaker 9: If you could have become anyone still alive for the day.
Speaker 5: Who would you choose? And why?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 4: Because the people that are now dead. Jeffrey Dahmer h.
Speaker 2: Free.
Speaker 4: I'd like to I think I'd like to be Donald Trump. I would have a good time being Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: It was. Yeah, it doesn't get better than that, does it.
Speaker 5: You're more similar than you think? Yeah, I know.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'd love to have you know, my house look like a like an Iranian whorehouse. I would love to have everybody just suck up to me on on a just incredible basis, which people don't. I think we do a choice, sir, thank you, and we do have time for one more. Nope, we're done. Oh yeah, we're done. All right, Yeah, we are done. Gary and Shannon up live from the Luchador Brewing Company in Chino Hills, starting in just a few moments tomorrow morning at eight o'clock, following the Home Show with Dean Sharp, I'm on at eleven eleven till eight o'clock till eleven and then don't.
Speaker 2: Forget Neil with the Fork Report.
Speaker 4: And we're moving towards Thanksgiving, so there will probably be a lot of Thanksgiving talk.
Speaker 2: Hey, enjoy the rain, get wet or don't.
Speaker 4: And we'll see you Monday morning, starting all over again. If you're not sick of me, I believe me. I'm sick of you and the entire morning crowd. Five Am, Amy and Will and of course Codo, who is always here, Neil and I a board and Amy. By the way, that referral that I was going to give you, I will work on it today. I forgot and I apologize for that. Okay, thanks, Okay, you're welcome. Oh yeah, and Anne. I can't see Anne. I don't know where the hell she went. And there's Will and Anne is somewhere. Okay, you're pointing your pointing there? Okay, oh there you are, Hey, thank you. A. You know, A you have a problem with your finger you're showing.
Speaker 2: Uh is that a little wound you have there? Kfi A M sixty.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show Catch My Show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.