Speaker 1: All right, it's Mojo in the Morning show. I was talking about what was it? Zip coding? Is that what it's called? It's yeah. Zip coding is when you're dating within your same zip code. That's like a more popular trend right now where people are doing it on dating apps because they just don't want to have to travel. One person that does not zip code is Anna Rob the member of the Mojo on the Morning Show that just recently joined.
Speaker 2: And she.
Speaker 1: Was going to Pittsburgh to go see a guy and she's not now.
Speaker 3: Canceled the flight. Oh you, I canceled the flight.
Speaker 4: And I think I'm going to remove him as a follower and I'm about to unfollow him because it's deep.
Speaker 3: It's that deep. I don't want to waste my time.
Speaker 1: Wait, why is he kind of like giving you crap right now? Or what's he doing?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: Ever since the I mean yes, he has been giving me crap ever since I said something to him about how I felt like his mood changed after I booked the flight. I was like, I just don't like it, Like I feel like now he's punishing me for saying that.
Speaker 6: Are you guys still talking at all? Are you like totally ghosted here.
Speaker 4: No, like we like little talking, but it's not the same, and it's even worse now than before. And you would think after I brought that up and been like, no, your your moods changed, like I don't like this, he would have changed, But no, he's gotten worse.
Speaker 1: He was kinder before you book the flight than when you booked the flight. He all of a sudden became So it happens a little cocky, probably, yeah.
Speaker 3: And I was like, no, I'm not wasting my time coming there.
Speaker 1: Well, let's talk. Let's talk about you and your extensive dating outside of the three one, three, two, four eight seven, three four, six, one six, all of our six seven, any of our zip codes, within our listening areas, Like you don't even it's not even so much that you live in downtown Detroit and you will date somebody that's an hour or two away, Like you got to go on an airplane whenever you're going.
Speaker 4: Why is that we talked recently about this one Literally, I've talked to one guy in Detroit and everyone's like, you can't be a homie hopper. I feel like when you date in Detroit, everyone knows everyone somehow or at least in my circle of friends, Like we're all somehow tied to each other. So if I'm dating someone in Detroit, I'm gonna be a homie hopper. And I don't want to be a homie hopper. So I've just I've I've been finding guys have been finding me outside of Detroit. So before Pittsburgh Man, there was New York Man and he was like, actually kind of serious, also an athlete, not an athlete, a business owner. Okay, yeah, So I was going to New York last summer probably every other weekend to see him, and it was like the best experience of my life. I would I would pay for the flights at first, but then he did, so it was like a free trip every time I went there, and I just I prefer it.
Speaker 1: I think, I think that you're doing this is probably a lot of work, isn't it. I mean you, I mean I used to.
Speaker 4: Be self employed, so I didn't have a lot to do. Nothing really at me and Detroit. Now I have to be here Monday through Friday, so it's a little more difficult.
Speaker 3: But I liked it.
Speaker 4: I felt like we were really focused on each other when I was visiting him in New York and we had like the best time, and then I could come back to Detroit and be really focused on my job, which was fun.
Speaker 1: Boy. It makes for your weekends definitely not RESTful because you're getting on planes and getting off planes. I want to know dating long distance to dating local and pros and cons and thoughts on this one. Here at eight four to four Mojo Live eight four four sixty six five sixty five four eight is our telephone number. I mean, I guess it does enable you to actually I don't know, up your sky miles, you know what I mean? Yeah? Have you check your your horoscope?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And it hasn't been about my dating life.
Speaker 1: No, so you shouldn't be about your dating life. Really.
Speaker 3: I know. Well I'm not. I'm not right now. I just canceled the flight with my one date.
Speaker 1: You follow a horse go that much? Uh, that's amazing, that's to me. I I you know, I don't know. I do think that this is interesting that you canceled this flight with this guy because he changed. And I often wonder sometimes like if that happens in relationships with people locally too, Like if you make a plan for a date and then once you make the plan for a date, They all of a sudden don't need to chase anymore because they know that there's something on the calendars that's exactly what it is. You think there's a thrill of the hunt.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there is, man, I'm there's a I can't really explain it, but there's a feeling that's associated with getting you at least to say yes.
Speaker 1: And then once that feeling is gone.
Speaker 6: You got that dopamine hit.
Speaker 7: I've got that hit. And I was just like, okay, well you'll be here on the sixteen. If I can't just see when you get here.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 6: Question for you, what did he say when you told him that you aren't coming anymore?
Speaker 3: You're just not going to show up. I haven't talked him since I canceled it, and he.
Speaker 1: Has reached out to you.
Speaker 6: No, Oh, you made the right decision.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The last time I talked to him was like maybe two days ago, and I canceled a flight like one day ago. But he was like, nope, he's still not acting right.
Speaker 1: When you were talking to him, was he assuming that you're still coming this weekend?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: He was.
Speaker 4: He likes he said something like I need to figure out if my family's coming, because I'm not trying to meet his family, So I think that's assuming that I'm going to be there.
Speaker 6: It's or also I need to figure out if my family is coming, because I might not have time for you to me. That's another excuse that he had in his back pocket.
Speaker 7: Even have family, is somebody else coming?
Speaker 3: This is not the man for me. This is not the man.
Speaker 1: And again for those that don't know, he's a pro athlete, so he's a pro football player that she was going to see. What's going on? Phil? Hi, Hey, good morning, Mojoe, good morning, morning, morning morning. I just got to call you out. You seld the ZIP coding and he named all the area code. That's funny.
Speaker 6: We all just like.
Speaker 1: You're right, Yeah, zip coding is dating within your same zip code, So I guess what four eight something whatever? Yeah, but no, but that no, that's uh that Thank you for the correction, Phil, I appreciate it. What's up, Sarah?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 1: Hi, Sarah, Hello Sarah Sarah. What's better dating? Dating local or dating long distance?
Speaker 8: I would say that like dating.
Speaker 9: Oh gosh, I don't know. I'm new to the dating field again after a thirteen and a half year relationship.
Speaker 1: Okay, were you married in that relationship or just long term dating?
Speaker 9: I was married for four and a half out of it before, so infidelity for you separated us.
Speaker 3: But that's a story for a different day.
Speaker 9: No, So now I have a boyfriend. He's an hour away, and I will say I love it because when we are together, it is like just us together. But like on days that you're having a rough day, you can't just like run over and get a hug, you know, it's that's a drive, Like you can't just drive an hour for a little kiss or a hug to to make you feel better. You gotta get on the phone, and then it's still not the same. But like, also that space is nice after being with somebody for such a long time and constantly being with them. So I don't know, there's pros and tons.
Speaker 1: You know. What's interesting is that you're right. It does make for tough to get the hug, but it makes things more intentional when you know that you're an hour away, you're gonna have to make a commitment to going. But it's even bigger for Anna who goes to New York or Pittsburgh. You know, she's I think that is insane.
Speaker 9: How can you and like also meeting them for the first time, like, girl, I hope you have your life Thtory sixty on for everybody around.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's another topic for another the heart.
Speaker 1: The hardest part of what she was saying and the reason why she does it is then she doesn't have There's no person that can say, hey, I dated that same per so out of the area. What's up, James? How you doing?
Speaker 2: James?
Speaker 5: The bartender on the phone man robs to come to the l She needs to come to Lavoni your date some local.
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 1: That's interesting. Everybody always talks about, you know, uh, support local. She needs to support local guys.
Speaker 2: Huh, that's right.
Speaker 5: Can I say one more thing.
Speaker 1: To yes, Yeah, as long as it's not something like statistic, just go ahead.
Speaker 5: If you were the blonde girl that came to the bar on Saturday and the orange shirt and the blue jeans, I gave you that patron shot, you need to come back on working Friday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've now just started doing misconnections with this poor guy, Tracy, what's up? Good morning morning.
Speaker 8: I was just gonna comment a couple of things. One is, you know when you're when you have kids, especially, I have two kids in high school, and so dating someone that's not local is very difficult to go around sports schedules because even when I don't.
Speaker 9: Have them, they have games, yes, And so if you date someone that doesn't live anywhere near you, then that kind of takes away an entire weekend.
Speaker 1: Well, and that actually is an interesting one for a lot of the listeners of ours that are single parents, because when you're talking about dating local, you're right. Even just dating somebody in a town over is not really dating local, right when your kids are involved in so much.
Speaker 8: Exactly, And so if they're closer, you can maybe see them after the kids' games, or there's still time to you know, maybe grab lunch, and you know, you can do little things here and there and still be available for your kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, in Shannon, your case, you ended up marrying and you guys had a distance when you guys were dating each other, right, it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was a drivable difference, but it's still definitely you know, was at times if it was rush hour, it was a good fifty minutes to an hour difference there.
Speaker 1: Wow, Yeah, Ali, what's up?
Speaker 8: Hye?
Speaker 1: How you doing?
Speaker 9: My boyfriend and I are four hours apart, and we have five children, two of us.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 7: Wow, did you guys meet when you were four hours aparty? Did somebody move away?
Speaker 8: We didn't meet on Facebook dating.
Speaker 1: Actually that's wild, So okay, so talk to us about locations. Where are you? Where is he?
Speaker 8: I'm in Holly and he's in Malbourne, Ohio.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, exactly four hours away.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And for those people that don't know, like the Holly, Ohio thing, that's a bit that's a that's four hours, Like you said, I mean, that's that's a little bit of a distance. It's not like you're, you know, in Monroe or something like that and can get across the border in less than thirty No, our.
Speaker 8: First date was two and a half hours. We met in the middle.
Speaker 1: That's the one I'm wondering. Do you guys meet in the middle a lot of times?
Speaker 7: No, that was the only time we met in the middle.
Speaker 8: Other than that, we just go to each other. He actually got a job here now.
Speaker 1: So he's coming here more. But it's funny live there. What you end up learning is you end up learning truck stops, you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Which ones have the good bathrooms, which ones have the good food inside where.
Speaker 3: The cracker barrels are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exit, that's got a Starbucks. That's interesting. I you know what. And also it's tough to do that when you're leasing a car. So if you got it, you only got twelve thousand miles a year. I got a guy for that. What's going on? John? How you going?
Speaker 9: Hey?
Speaker 1: What's are you? First off?
Speaker 2: I want to I just want to say, do not support local dudes?
Speaker 1: What? How dare you are? Local guys? Bad guys? No, I ain't say you that.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, don't support local dudes. Just support yourself let them support you.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a good point.
Speaker 2: Also, if a mark unders giving you free drinks to catch a number, run, I like it.
Speaker 1: This is his commentary, James, what do you date? Where do you?
Speaker 2: I'm listening? I'm married. I'm married and I've been with my wife for seventeen years. We got married seven years ago. But I just I got to be honest with you. I've had one long distance relationship. I was much younger when that occurred, and it is like one. It is extremely difficult. And we were together before the distance occurred, so you know, the distance was actually became an issue and end of the relationship. Really, But I've been around people, have friends, coworkers that have these long distance relationships, and I'm just trying to tell you, ninety nine percent of the time, it's not a quality relationship. A lot of people want that distance because they can't handle a real relationship. A real relationship requires commitment in daily interaction. If you don't have daily interaction with somebody, you are not making a real lifelong connection.
Speaker 1: Wells. Although I got to tell you, there's a lot of people that seem to find themselves dating on FaceTime or or whatever, Like they see each other every day, so they're but they're not in person with each other.
Speaker 4: I think you just have to get more creative with it, like I've had when I was dating the New York guy, Like he's sending me flowers every week, or he's buying me door dash like here's like things like that make me feel connected to him even when I'm not with him. Plus we text all day or we're on the phone all day.
Speaker 1: Do you ever look at it though, like the relationship has to get to a level where we one of us make the decision.
Speaker 4: That you're sure And I would say That's why I'm more hesitant now to date outside of Detroit, because I know I'm in Detroit, especially like now that I'm here with all.
Speaker 6: Of that just has to be you have to say that right off the bat. I'm not moving so right.
Speaker 1: I do think that there's something to what he said, though, when you sit there and say I don't want them in my face all the time, you know, and and I like the idea that we're a little bit distance apart. If you're saying that, is it really the right person for you? You know what I mean? Because what happens when they are in your face all the time? Then is it going to be tough for you to deal with all of that? So, by the way, the iHeartRadio app is blasting right now with listeners from all over the world wanting to meet Anna rob This is can imagine look at it. I'm looking at a text right now, texting at ninety five five zero zero. I'm in New York listening to you guys all the time. I'd love if Hannah would like to come visit me another one here. I'm in West Palm Beach, Florida. If Anna would like to get out of the cold and into the sun kind of down there.
Speaker 3: Okay, send the IG profile