Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on AM five to seventy LA Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: While it's the longest running afternoon sports show in the city.
Speaker 3: No congratulations necessary. All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is Petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadakas terrible person, He's the worst and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 4: The pipes, the pipes, the pipe.
Speaker 3: Don't miss an episode. We're with you. Yeah, follow the petros in Money Show.
Speaker 1: Wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadacus and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 4: Naturally, I assumed you were off comprising letters of resignation.
Speaker 2: Bonnie Yukes, Petros and Money and five to seven LA Sports Live everywhere I heard about you up your home of the back to back World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers Daves say will check in this hour. Ahead of the winter meetings, a lot of action down on their trades are made, free agents are signed, so a great time to be tuned into Dodger Talk is those programs will be hitting you next week as well. So Dave at the back end of this hour, remember anything you miss, as we're on a flex alert here getting started an hour early. You can always get Petros.
Speaker 3: Into NADO.
Speaker 2: Alert for anything you miss anywhere you prefer to procure your podcasts, but you can stream the show live anywhere in the world as long as you have that iHeartRadio app the A five to seventy LA sports tab and a signal, and that's why we prefer you listen to the show and podcast the show through that particular outlet.
Speaker 5: And we're hopeful hopeful music at noon, hopeful music at noon. I'm a boy.
Speaker 4: Thanks for being here and we sure appreciate you listening. We are on until five o'clock because of the NFL football. As we have said, tomorrow will be a one o'clock start, a very or excuse me, a two o'clock start on the Flex alert. So this week we've had one o'clock starts, two o'clock starts, and three o'clock starts. Tomorrow will be a two o'clock start.
Speaker 2: We're very versatile. Where the key k Hernandez of radio. You can put us anywhere whatever you need. In the afternoon, we would preferably the afternoon, but I'll tell you what, wherever the show's on, I gotta say, and it's not about me.
Speaker 4: It's not me. It's Matt's ho a. And I mean this in the most complimentary way possible. It's Matt's caroning that really moves mountains because two things have happened that are almost miraculous, just miraculous. Two things that happened. Is miracle, really the right miracle. I mean, I don't want to go to lords and like get in the water, yet it's pretty close, pretty close. I mean, it is worth blowing the air horn because two things have happened that and I think it's because of Matt. I mean it's not because it's not because of me. It's got to be because of Matt. Number one, Well, yeah, Matt with a strongly worded letter, or just your deep voice, your deep scolding voice.
Speaker 3: Matt, how dare you? Matt?
Speaker 4: On Monday? I believe it was Monday. We were out right, Yeah, on Monday, we were in Downy. The crowd was getting sparse later in the show, and Matt started to complain about our water filter here at work and the water dispenser, and not twelve hours later, a new water dispenser was installed here on the fourth floor at the station then and now I did, I did, I did do some of the legwork when it comes to this particular situation. But I believe it's because of Matt, who is the common denominator in both stories, that we had movement here, and that movement, I believe is very, very positive for everybody, because unlike the water cooler at the at the station, here, this affects all of us, dude as far as listeners and the entire sports family. Because of Matt's complaining and because of his tone, Fred Rogan got a new microphone. Yeah, can you believe that? And it is Matt.
Speaker 3: Think about.
Speaker 4: His Matt's man. That's two things in one week. Fred's mike has been bad for how long? Ronnie? How years?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: Well, that's come on now, we're.
Speaker 7: Probably gonna say for about a good six seven months.
Speaker 4: Like this, How bad it is right now?
Speaker 7: It's actually gotten progressively worse. It wasn't as bad initially.
Speaker 4: And that's the official word of the sound engineer, indeed of Fred's show.
Speaker 7: And you know another thing, Fred thought that microphones lasted forever.
Speaker 4: What do you mean?
Speaker 7: He honestly said he said this, He said, I thought these microphones would last a lifetime.
Speaker 3: That's the greatest week.
Speaker 7: And this is how simple the process was. During one of our commercial breaks, one of these fifteen minute breaks, Fred disappeared. He went and found an engineer apparently on the other side, and by the time we came back from our break, he had a new microphone.
Speaker 4: Just keep it moving, Fred, That's really amazing.
Speaker 7: And it took this long to do something that could have easily been done within a fifteen minute commercial part.
Speaker 4: I Got you.
Speaker 2: They sent him a new microphone. He was shamed into requesting.
Speaker 8: Oh no, no, no, no, no, he's not here. He's at a remote location of the desert. Not had to go find an engineer there to swap on the microphone.
Speaker 7: So he disappeared literally literally to go find.
Speaker 2: Palm Springs is where he had to go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's a yeah, yeah.
Speaker 7: Wherever it is that he that he's doing the show from wherever.
Speaker 4: How about that there's actually like six or seven different rooms of elderly people doing podcasts where Fred.
Speaker 3: Give it your Mike Gloris.
Speaker 7: And every single one of them comes into the studio during Fred's show.
Speaker 4: So that is two count of kids, two big giant sea change moments just because they were spoken out of the mouth of Matt Money, a man who brings change to society. Matt complained about our water cooler, saying that the filter was dirty and that was bad and it was hell for a half decade and it's been like that for a long time. And you know who was really blown away by that, Like his eyes got all big and he was like, I went over to the water cooler because it was crazy because I heard Matt talking about it on Monday, and we got a brand new water cooler that was social media Matt, social media. Matt was blown away by that. And then you just think, like I got one hundred texts this morning, like or not this morning, but like at noon, like, oh my god, Fred sounds better. Fred sounds great. What did you guys do? Friend's mike doesn't sound bad? Now, Rodney sounds bad. But that's not but you know, comparatively, but that is still huge, and that's something for everybody, Matt. I mean, that's something that everybody can appreciate, something that you've done a great service.
Speaker 3: Thank you to the people.
Speaker 7: Not think Matt deserves a Nobel Peace price. Now I was getting Fred's new microphone.
Speaker 4: I would say, I don't know if if peace is the right word. Maybe science and Nobel science or physics technology talk about awesome physics, Yeah, something like that. But uh, I I do think it's a big moment for us, and I think maybe we take I don't know if today's the day, but maybe take one more shot at it. Matt, is there anything else you'd like to complain about? I don't know that we could get fixed.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think the only other thing I've complained about that hasn't been fixed is Fred wearing cologne into the studio. But he hasn't been into the studio forever and he rarely comes in. So yeah, it's hard to tell whether or not that's been fixed. Oh you got one of that book? We're good, But yeah, Ronnie, you cannot have one. But you complain. But don't you understand that Matt is the common denominous.
Speaker 7: But I'm trying to get Matt involved so that Matt can lobby on our behalf.
Speaker 4: What do you want? You know?
Speaker 7: The door here, this this big heavy metal, vacuum sealed door that's supposed to seal us in a studio. Yes, this thing has not closed properly for the past couple of maybe two and a half years or something with the cord, and so no, I know, I think I think what needs to happen is I think that the door needs to be serviced. It needs to have some like w D forty or some grease put in the door so that it closes properly. Matt, maybe, maybe, Matt, maybe could you possibly get involved and help us out with that.
Speaker 2: I mean, Ronnie, I would love to, and I appreciate you thinking that I'm capable of that, But I mean, come on, man, You're a dude that like replaced a fence and you go to Low's like you with a nice belt and care for your pools.
Speaker 7: Right, But Matt, But but Matt, I'm not responsible for Fred's microphone, nor am I responsible for the new water filtration system in the kitchen. You are, you are partially responsible, Okay, maybe just a tad. You're totally responsible for friend's microphone, and you fought him to get it fixed for weeks, for months, and he ignored you. And then one sentence spoken out of the lips of the voice of the Bolts public shaping Matt money. That's why I need Matt opinion public opinion.
Speaker 4: Shaping is is the truth. I don't think Matt's going to utter those special words to have your door fixed. I don't think it affects him.
Speaker 7: But well, you know, I'm trying to take advantage so Matt can further the cause.
Speaker 3: What do you think of?
Speaker 2: Uh, you know, under consideration, Under considerate, I got a list of things.
Speaker 4: What else you got one?
Speaker 9: Mac?
Speaker 8: Can you put a good word in for the lighting around these studios? Wants burnt out light bulbs, and we do one. Matt doesn't like the fluorescent.
Speaker 4: We keep them off. They give him a headache.
Speaker 8: So oh, social media, Matt's got one.
Speaker 4: It's and social media. Matt's a believer. He's like one of the apostles, like he's going to follow you because because you did the water and he was witnessed to it. He saw the water cooler change, and he came back from the bullpen to the bullpen. His eyes were wide, like he's seen it goes. I said, what happened there? Social media?
Speaker 6: Matt?
Speaker 4: What what? It just looks like somebody just walked across your grave? And he said, Matt was Matt got his new water just by uttering the words from his mouth and then he fed the multitudes with the bread and the fish. So what do you got social media?
Speaker 10: Mattuh, I have a big complaint, and I think everybody around here agrees. Uh, there's a fridge in our bullpen area. Uh that smells. I mean I can't even really describe it. But it's the one that side the one that I sit right next to you.
Speaker 4: Well that's we have a great solution for that. All you do is get Kevin Fagers.
Speaker 2: To take it down the elevator.
Speaker 4: So you want to, you want to, you want it out of here. I would love it to remove or replace. And we're not allowed to move stuff.
Speaker 10: Right, yeah, not us. So if they're there's any way we can make that happen, Matt. That would be what are you.
Speaker 4: More likely to do? Move the stinky refrigerator for social media, Matt, or or fix.
Speaker 2: The back sealed door. I think the fridge seems to be a little more pressing. You know, you got you got an odor that's affecting concentration, that's affecting your ability to work to your maximum potential. And I think I think you hit it on the head.
Speaker 4: Pee.
Speaker 2: There's there's a very simple solution. We just need Kevin to get that thing out of there, take it down the service elevator and just shove it out right next to the one thirty four there, and we're all good.
Speaker 3: Exactly right.
Speaker 8: It's a KFI refrigerator. By the way, when they moved closer to us, they brought in two refrigerators.
Speaker 3: One of them is.
Speaker 4: Someone held like Bill handles Lots from like nineteen ninety nine.
Speaker 8: One of them is handles Can refrigerator. The other one I'm not sure, but Ray from KFI just went in there about twenty minutes ago and opened it up. And now this half of the fourth floor smells like rantid food.
Speaker 3: Okay, come on, it is bad.
Speaker 2: It's not even it's KFI s it's Kfi's it's not. There's a simple solution here, Matt.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Matt, you needs to go down to KFI and have some some good conversation with some people.
Speaker 2: You just drag that thing into that corner office, that corner. That's the KFI bullpen. They have their own. Yeah, give it in that corner, take it to the correctly right. That thing gets moved to the corner, and if they push back on it, say this ain't your bullpen on the corner KLAC like the Miles Davis album on the corner, send it, take it to That's exactly right, Matt.
Speaker 4: You see that, And Matt.
Speaker 2: You'll do it with conviction, You do it with defiance. If anybody questioned, what are you doing with that thing?
Speaker 4: Fridge? This is not our fridge. This is how the Hatfield and McCoy feud started.
Speaker 8: Is step one with a strongly worded letter to the assistant pds at KFA, like, hey, fix this or else we will take it into our own hands.
Speaker 2: I think it's this case. I think it's the same approach as we used with Kevin.
Speaker 4: Just move it.
Speaker 2: Ask Yeah, you just move, but you don't even ask her for it.
Speaker 4: But like, but what I'm saying is what's been so what's been so so miraculous about this? It's just words were uttered from Matt's mouth and somebody else's hated.
Speaker 7: Right, So Matt's like King Midas, everything he touches turns to gold.
Speaker 4: Well it is this week.
Speaker 8: What if we did a segment of people calling up with problems in their life and Matt just by verbally saying it can fix it.
Speaker 4: Like, people will hear that and they'll be shamed. Right Matt's words, that's not a bad idea. Now, Unfortunately, Matt, I can't say the same for everybody. A lot of people are thrilled about the new water and Fred's microphone, but I can't say the same for everybody in our organization today. There is some bad feelings. And I was saying when I got to work today, those bad feelings were made very clear to me.
Speaker 3: From the Clipper.
Speaker 2: Podcast host oh Adam was upset it our detailed breakdown of his two am broadcast.
Speaker 4: He thought that us talk and making He was like, you know, my how I can't talk loud because my neighbors.
Speaker 2: That's what we figured.
Speaker 4: And I was like, oh, come on man, it was funny, you know, like he was a Clipper Nation is freaking out okay? And he said that, and I looked at him. He did he said that, and I looked at him kind of like is he joking? Like you know what I mean, Like was that a joke or And I looked at his face.
Speaker 3: And he.
Speaker 4: Wasn't joking, And then I is freaking out right? And then what I Then I said what I always say when somebody complains about us playing sound from their show and making fun of it. I said, you should be glad that we played it, and he said, oh yeah, I got like one hundred thousand more views. And then I asked, well did you and then he said no, so and and that was very And social media Matt can vouch for the fact that that was very. Kate said it wasn't a big deal. But social media Matt is he.
Speaker 8: Here, he is here, and Adam is extremely pissed off. But I diverted the conversation by talking to he's extremely Yeah, he's.
Speaker 4: Mad, he's mad that we made fun of his. Kat Tuco well, he did like a late night two in the morning Clipper podcast when Chris Paul got sent home and we thought it was a Scots dramatic and we played it on the air. And now, I mean, people don't know people don't know us as Petroson Money, the miracle worker. Well give me a second. People don't know us as Petroson Money, the miracle workers that got the new water filter or got friends Mike fixed. Now we're the guys that butt heard Adam Oslins.
Speaker 6: I guess we have some Clippers talk after dark going on. I happen to be I was watching the p Diddy Puff Daddy documentary on Netflix. And after I watched Train Dreams, which was great. And I can't believe this, but maybe I can give it. How this season is gone?
Speaker 4: Am I wrong here?
Speaker 3: I think he took it down?
Speaker 4: You think he took it down there? No, No, it's.
Speaker 3: It's on YouTube. He's done a couple of cents. Then, yeah, he's he does, He's on his YouTube page and I'm not seeing it.
Speaker 4: Well, he's butt hurt. I hope it.
Speaker 3: Well he shouldn't be butt hurt.
Speaker 2: We I mean, come on, really, you're pushing clippers talk. We talked about IW was got to subscribers and how great that is.
Speaker 4: That's what I said, and he did not care going to talk like this. He said it's because of his neighbors. And it was two in the morning.
Speaker 3: Of course it is.
Speaker 4: He yelled anowledge that, and then I said, well you should be glad that we played it. And then he got super but hurt and he said something snarky and then he stormed out.
Speaker 3: He stormed out, why are you so pissy, Leo?
Speaker 4: Why are you so pissy?
Speaker 3: I'm not I'm just answering your guy.
Speaker 5: You are whatever I asked you a question, I gave you an answer.
Speaker 3: Not very good ones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's his most popular video three point six thousand views. Now I got it up. I'm sorry I missed it before three point six thousand views. Well, we're celebrating that, talking about how many people are engaging with the comments while we're watching the broadcast.
Speaker 4: That wasn't good enough. We didn't celebrate. We want they want blood.
Speaker 3: You want us to ignore you?
Speaker 4: Huh what we talked about. We'll be back with Don McLain.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Oh, no, three things Thursday. I'm sorry. Don McLain is coming up in our flower next hour. Tickets to give away at the end of this hour, we have tickets. We got Monday night football tickets to give away.
Speaker 3: Takes.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's right, I'm sorry, I knew that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Chargers v. Eagles at SOFI Stadium will give away a pair of tickets between now and the end of the show. High demand on those tickets. A lot of people excited about the defending Super Bowl champs coming out of town.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry that I'm surprised by that. Cats, I mean, don't let this addam thing affect you. Well, it's not just that it's that Matt's you know, it's like Matt's speaking miracles out of his mouth, turning water into wine and water into water.
Speaker 7: Don't forget about my door here, Matt, I got you, runny, No, he does.
Speaker 2: First, Let's let's drag that stink ass refrigerator down to the KFI bullpen. That thing has no business being in that room.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's our room.
Speaker 2: We got our own fridge in there. We've got our fridge in here. Guys, that's your fridge. Take it to the corner.
Speaker 4: I'm with you there, Matt.
Speaker 3: Look at that.
Speaker 8: A line of people waiting to talk to Matt Smith in the hallway, looking for miracles.
Speaker 4: Some just want to touch the hem of his robe.
Speaker 7: You just want to seek a righteousness with his shadow casting over them.
Speaker 2: Jeez, we're gonna get that door fixed running.
Speaker 4: We'll be back with three things Thursday. Why are you so pissy?
Speaker 1: We've made it even easier to take LA Sports with you this summer. Make AM five to seventy or your favorite AM five seventy LA Sports podcast a preset on the iHeartRadio app using Apple CarPlay or Android Auto road Trip all summer with LA Sports Problem solved Matt.
Speaker 4: What have we got social Matt's dirty bill handle refrigerator, which really did like has Matt smell bad? Like? They moved it. They moved it down to the KFI area. That's right, baby, I mean stuff's getting done. We got a new UH water filter and Fred's got a new mic. We moved the rancid fridge without Kevin figures help. A lot of great stuff happening here on this crunchy groove Thursday. And now it's time for three things Thursdays, except that fully functional employee Adam is still kind of but her. But we got three things Thursday.
Speaker 2: Many shit start with the amateur ranksp and something. You can weigh in them, because I think it is right in step with something a platform that you have been critical of and have been a leading voice against the ending of the most historic rivalry and all of college foot And now the next page or the next item on that checklist is being under fire. Has found itself under fire. And that is courtesy of, of course, the psychos and the SEC and the idea that a three loss Alabama team could be left out of the twelve team college football playoff has led to a mounting push and a push that has appeared in years past of getting rid of the championship games for conferences. Conference championship games are no longer viable, no longer needed, the kind of hurt you only hurt you.
Speaker 4: And they're they're not as bad as the as as the committee. Just these things that you don't really.
Speaker 2: Need these people. What's the point of a conference cham Well, obviously we know the point of it. It's to make a bunch of money. It's to get a bunch of people to go to Atlanta and the Mercedes Ends Dome and watch their two teams, because fans of Alabama and Georgia, of course, are going to pack that to standing room only capacity. ESPN is paying to air it on its network on ABC and it likely will be watched by ten to twenty million plus viewers.
Speaker 4: Yea, the whole thing is wagging the dog, you know, the conversation wags, the games wags that do we need the games wags? The twenty four hour coverage on all the stations.
Speaker 2: And what else are we going to talk about?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Not the game? You gotta talk about all the impact of the game, spot the matchup and whether or not Alabama could sweep Georgia twice in one season. If Georgia can exact revenge instead, it's well Alabama lose this game, they got a third loss. Committee really hold that against them.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Big Ten's the same, we got ourselves two undefeated teams. Winner will emerge as the number one seed. I think the loser very well could still find itself as one of the top four teams in a bye into the second round of the College Football Playoff. I don't think anybody would push back against that. But I ask you this, because I've been around your father enough. He wears his Rose Bowl ring from time to time.
Speaker 3: Is there no.
Speaker 2: Romance in the championship game for these kids? That only one team can win the national championship? It's not easy to do. Indiana wins the Big Ten championship game, and those guys aren't gonna feel kind of special about Hey, you know me won, I think on a Big Ten championship game, and in Indiana history.
Speaker 4: In particular, Indiana is super interested in winning their championship game this year by you out in rats sold out at the Jerry Jones Dome, and it's because of the Mormon fans rolling in and they have a chance to win the Big Twelve. And of course Texas Tech a local team in state, and I think that as the playoff gets bigger and bigger, which will oldly happen because they'll more money there, they are going to get rid of these conference championship games. And that's just what's happening. But is there no romance left? I guess it depends on the situation.
Speaker 2: The way I figured it is, if you can sell out Lucas Oil Stadium in Indy, if you can sell out the Mercedes Benz Dome in Atlanta, if you can sell out the freaking Jerry Dome for eighty thousand people for BYU Texas Tech, I don't know, maybe people like them.
Speaker 4: Well, I'll tell you what. I'm into the maction with Western Michigan. I'm into the Mountain I'm into the Mountain West Championship. I called that game the first time around this year when Boise ran over UNLV, but they don't have their quarterback anymore. I'm into all of it, and I'm sad that there's no maction tonight or do the last couple of nights there's been no maction. I mean, this is going to be the end of college football, the regular season or whatever. Then we're going to have bowl games and we'll have the playoffs. But yeah, I guess the championship games are going to go away, and I wish they would go away after the committee goes away, but it's probably not going to be in that order.
Speaker 2: Second thing, p to the professional ranks, and they not Los Angeles. None of these are actually actual. One of them is Los Angeles based, not LA based, but nationally based and a talking point. And of course it is a two win team in the Cleveland Browns and shoud Or Sanders and whether or not his head coach is sabotaging him and is trying to push back against an ownership group that forced them to draft Shudour in the fifth round when they didn't really want them, and how they don't want them to succeed.
Speaker 4: We need the sabotages coming from the inside.
Speaker 2: That's what they're saying, the calls coming from inside the house. It's what the people are alleging. Here's what I would push back on. Either way, it works for them if he's really really good and they found their quarterback of the future. Even if the wristwatch celebration is stupid, and he's kind of annoying in his postgame pressers. It's pretty hard to find competent quarterbacks in the NFL these days. Just ask for the Vikings and what they're going through after saying goodbye to Daniel Jones and Sam Darnold and trying to figure this thing out with JJ McCarthy and Max Brosmer. They want Shudar to be successful because either way it works for them. They find their quarterback, or more likely, you trade them and you can flip them to somebody, and when they have a top five pick, they can go ahead and draft the guy that they would rather have, be it Mendoza or more Simpson or one of those guys. So the idea that they are intentionally trying to get him to lose games or look bad doesn't quite jibe with what the NFL revolves around, and that is Mark Brunell can fetch you a first round pick. Gosh, Sam what's his name from Oklahoma that got traded from the Kings to the Eagles. Sam bratt I can fetch you a first round pick. Carson Wenz can fetch you a first round pick or two thirds after the trade that he received. The team received a first round pick for did not go well for him. He can still pull a couple third round pick. Quarterbacks are valuable in the NFL, and they would like nothing more than for Shador to look great over the final five weeks of the season so they can either trade them or not have to worry about drafting a quarterback come next April. Third and final thing, tip the cap to Sam Farmer, who wrote the article in Today's La Times about Justin Herbert's injured hand through the context of history. Because I found it so interesting, I decided to go to Google and search the different players that he reached out to to get my eyes on their injuries and what it looked like. One of our favorites, p Steve de Berg broke a pinky.
Speaker 4: I remember, and he was very christian Na Koye kept ripping the ball out of his hands and he killed his hands.
Speaker 2: I would highly recommend for each of these that I mentioned, go to Google and look it up. It was and he got it wrapped and it truly looks like a lobster claw.
Speaker 4: That was the next week, and he was the master of the play action.
Speaker 3: Still there's that one.
Speaker 4: Uh. The second one, remember that one distinctly.
Speaker 2: Matt Hasselbeck has on what looks like a Super Mario or a Mickey Mouse glove.
Speaker 4: And he had a glove.
Speaker 2: He's so puffy, uh that it's hard to believe he was able to figure out.
Speaker 3: I don't know what the hell was going on there, So that looked like.
Speaker 4: When Steve Hartman was interviewing Mickey Mouse hey, and he had a glove.
Speaker 2: The third one, rich Gannon weighs in about a cast that he wore when he was with the Raiders that was hinged upwards so he could take a snap. But when I typed rich gannon broken hand quarterback into the Google search, it came back with Gannon an oppressor in a full neck brace, looking like Bobby Patrio. And I shouldn't love a serious injury that he would have to wear that, but you want to put your eyes on that. And then the best one is Archie Manning, not arch but Archie the Grandfather. When he was with Old Miss broke his forearm and he came back the next week to play in a game. And he's got a cast like back in the sixties, right, that is from his wrist to his shoulder. And it's hinged ninety degrees. He can't bend it, and he's got like a sixty yard run where he's just working through all these defenders and this arm is flapping like a wing like he's about to take off.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: Toughness embodied, toughness personified with each of these men. And I would highly recommend if you'd like to be entertained a little bit, uh, going to Google and checking them out as they they live on history is able to be found at a key stroke for each of these but especially the Rich Gannon neck race is one of the better things you'll see today.
Speaker 4: A lot of men. Wow, that's street through your Thursday. I love it. I love Steve DeBerg thing.
Speaker 2: Enough of this Gan and you've got to live.
Speaker 4: You've got well, he's such a great guy.
Speaker 2: No wonder he's so mad, right, big friend of the show.
Speaker 4: Speaking of that, David vass with some hot Stone talk coming up in a matter of moments. Stay with it.
Speaker 3: Hello, PMS listener.
Speaker 1: Did you know AM five seventy LA Sports has a wide range of LA Sports podcasts. There's Rogan and that one is my favorite, Dodger Talk with David Vasse. The Dodger Podcast of record, Clipper Talk without a Musk, follow us all and many more. Just go to AM five to seventy LA Sports on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Petro Some Money five seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio going to Football Tonight, Big One Thursday Night Football Lions and Cowboys. A bit of an elimination game here between these two. Kickoff will be just after five pm from Detroit tomorrow. W on a Flex alert two to four pm for Clipper basketball. And remember to keep on listening as we have an opportunity for you to be at so far on Monday night when the Super Bowl champion Eagles come the down to take on the Chargers. Will be giving those away between now and the end of the show at five pm. Again a pair of tickets to Chargers Eagles still to come.
Speaker 3: The Home of the Dodgers talk with an inside look at the Dodgers. This is the Vass Report with David Vasse.
Speaker 4: David Vasse joining us right now on the Intro sand Money Show on MFI seventy LA Sports, your Home of the Dodgers. He's been laying low, but the stove has been percolating and heating up. The owners meetings are next week. There's going to be Dodger talk all next week, all the time, a return every damn night. I'm the most popular broadcaster here at M five seventy. David Vasse simply the best spectrum sportsnet MLB Network Dodger content on M five seventy. Who can do better? No one on your Southern California Toyota Dealer celebrity hotline. Hello, Dave, Biggie Rojas coming back? What a time to be alive? Yeah?
Speaker 9: Who would have thought Miguel Rojas would be the first free agent the Dodgers signed this winner. But it turns out the guy that hit arguably the most critical home run this side of Will Smith go ahead home running the eleventh in inc comes back, but also gets the part of his contract to be part of the organization as a coach in their player development department once he retires at the end of this season. So he's getting a legacy type of contract here, Dave.
Speaker 2: The team needs to get younger. They certainly did not do that by resigning Miggey Rowe, but you can't minimize what he's meant to this team. How much of that will kind of bear itself at the winter meetings if at all, like, how do they get younger? What is the best way for them to kind of fix how old this roster is?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think we saw how old the roster was after that eighteen inning game. It took the Dodgers three days to recover from those eighteen innings, and luckily they had that day off between Games five and six. But really, Matt, the reason why you're hearing Taoscar Hernandez's name out there as being discussed in trades, that's one way they could get younger. Taoskar's thirty three going on thirty four. He was injury plague last year. He hit some huge home runs again in the postseason. But I'm sure it's not the Dodgers that wanted this out there publicly, but you know, it makes sense. It's not like the Dodgers are actively shopping Taoscar Hernandez, but that would be one avenue for them to get this roster younger and get better outfield defense. I'm not sure it's going to happen, and the Dodgers don't necessarily want to trade ti Oskar Hernandez, but it's one of many moves. The Dodgers have so many ways to pivot this offseason. They're playing with house money, not only winning back to back World Series championships, but also the fact that they never traded one of their blue chip players at the trade deadline. So from Tiascar Hernandez to any one of their young pitchers to you know name, they have so many ways to make this roster better. But it seems like that's somewhat of an objective this off season, is to get younger while not dropping off as far as being a contender.
Speaker 2: You kind of let me write to it there, Dave, to get younger. Is it trading for younger players or is it expecting something from the kids like we saw from pahes when when he was called up. We've heard Apollo, we've heard Hope and some of these names. Are they ready or is it too soon for that?
Speaker 9: Too soon for that? And when I say younger, I think we all should just put it into context. It's not that young calling up guys from Triple A. It's about getting younger under the age of thirty right twenty eight, twenty seven, right in that wheelhouse. It's not going so young where you're kind of rebuilding. That's not what they're trying to do. They're just trying to find some youth where they don't all of a sudden, you know, allow Father Time to derail what they have going on. Right now. You can't move Freddie Freeman. Mookie Betts is not going anywhere, so ta Oscar Hernandez is the one way that you could get younger in the outfield. And look, I'm a big advocate for Bo Baschett. I think Bo Bashett would be a great fit for the Dodgers. And I know Brendan Donovan's name has been out there as well. If you do those type of things, somebody's the odd man out. Not all these guys can be on the same team.
Speaker 4: Are one of those guys the most intriguing free agent to you for the Dodgers Bishett or Donovan?
Speaker 9: Well, Donovan would be a trade candidate with the Cardinals. And they need pitching. Heim Bloom, who was in charge of the Red Sox, who was the man that was suit time. He was given the task of trading Mookie Betts Andrew Freeman and him worked that out. When he's with the Red Sox. The Cardinals are looking to reset. They need pitching. The Dodgers have pitching, that's why they're trade match. And obviously Andrew and Hin Bloom go back to Tampa Bay, so that's a possibility. A Lars new Bar is a possibility. The Cardinals are basically rebuilding, so all those guys are possibility, or those two guys are possibilities considering how much pitching the Dodgers have now as far as free agency goes, yes, Bobaschett to me is more attractive and a better fit than Cody Bellinger or Kyle Tucker or Alex Bregman or Pete Alonzo for the Dodgers because he is willing to move off shortstop. Max Munsey is not going to play third base forever. He's on a one year contract. He's thirty five years old. He hasn't played a full season in a few years. Bob Bachhett would give you coverage in case something went sideways of Munsey this year injury wise, he could play second base and he could be here third basement of the future. That that's why for me, Bobashett is a great fit. But for this upcoming season, a few pieces would have to be moved to allow Bishett to play in the Dodger infield, and that's what I'm sure Andrew Freeman is weighing. How does he if he does want bo Bashett, how does he get him to fit this year? So that's the challenge, Dave.
Speaker 2: What about And I don't know if you can even classify it as rumors or if it was just sort of social media clickbait, the idea about Tyler Glass now potentially being a trade candidate.
Speaker 3: Does that make any sense to you?
Speaker 2: And then I'll back that up with sort of the speculation that Detroit would want some now players, not just future prospects, if in fact they can't figure this thing out with scoobl and they decide to move him.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Well, Schooble's a Scott Boris agent and as we know, a client. As we know a lot of Scott Boris clients don't re sign or and negotiate extensions with their own teams. So there's that. And I just feel like the Tigers, from what I understand, the Tigers can get just as much for Schooble at the trade deadline as they can right now. All indications are the Tigers are trying to win. They almost won the Central last year. So it makes no sense for them to trade Schooble now, no matter how much Bob Nightingale writes about it. I don't believe from what I've been told that the Tigers are trading trek scouble right now. They're going to try to compete like they did last year. Unfortunately collapsed the last month of the year, but they're good enough to win the very week al Central again, So it makes no sense to them right now to trade Schooble.
Speaker 4: All right, Dave, last thing for you. Has there anything come of what Dave Roberts was saying about the salary cap on that podcast, flapping his jaws talking about stuff.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you know, man, he's a former player and a former member of the players Union. I'm sure the union's not happy about a guy like that talking about a salary cap. I understand what he was saying. He basically is calling out some of those teams like the Pirates and others that don't spend and you know, are crying about the Dodgers being aggressive and trying to win every year. That's what he was trying to get to. But yeah, I disagree with Dave Roberts. I don't believe a salary cap would be good for.
Speaker 2: The sport, certainly wouldn't be good for the Dodgers. And at least you don't have to go to Orlando this year, Dave, Right.
Speaker 9: Yeah, staying back home. Gonna do shows for us obviously, Dodger Talk and Sports Net LA and studio and got to stay close to home. Got some stuff that you know, they need dad around, they need their son around.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: And by the way, the number one podcast listened to by Daniel Jeremiah in the past year, according to his Spotify year Wrapped Dodger.
Speaker 9: To Oh it's not Friars Are Us.
Speaker 4: It's not that is a big that's a big show. Friars Are Us hosted by Lee Axa Hamilton, is a huge show. But that's his number two show, number two. Thank you, Dave.
Speaker 9: Thanks guys, appreciate it.
Speaker 4: We'll be right back, Dave. We'll have four Dodger Talks next week during the owners meetings, so don't miss that. We'll have your word number song and Don McLain in the next hour Stay with the Petro Some Money Show on Empire seventy LA Sports. You're home of the back to back World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers,