Speaker 1: Mall of America's Summer Mystery Prizes are back and we are bringing them to you all summer long. Come grab yours at cafegn events throughout the summer and wherever you see our cafe and street team, then make sure redeem them at Mall of America for fun prizes and big discounts. See full miest events at campaign dot com here and calendar.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome back for my Patrick more sorre here we are look us the news momentarily and Viking's News a little bit later, and sports stuff as well. The Twins, Wolves, Wild Links and other local sports teams are scattered across a patch work of channels and streaming services. If you want to know where you're you gonna be able to find any game, every game, and how much you're gonna have to pay, there's a big article that starts with me in today. Watching every major Minnesota protein this season could cost you about fifteen for the.
Speaker 3: Year every game team I'm guessing.
Speaker 2: And require navigating a patchwork of streaming services, TV channels and subscriptions. As recently as two years ago, there was a single place to watch the Twins, the Links, the Wild the Two Rules but not anymore.
Speaker 3: That didn't work out.
Speaker 2: Some games are free, others require individual team subscriptions or services such as Apple TV, and prices for the Rolls and Wild are still being determined. They're working out some deals with Marny, Yes, and it's going to really, I mean, their salary is going to base I mean a lot about what we have to.
Speaker 3: Pay similar to ESPN.
Speaker 2: What's that.
Speaker 3: The guy who does the shirtless thank you? Yeah, yeah, that's you, very similar, Very.
Speaker 2: Mcavee of the Minnesota Sports Yeah, correct, world.
Speaker 3: What you're saying is true, Hawk, that's true. However, it's not it's not fair to sort of say, well, this is the Wolves in the Wild, this is sports across America, and it is just the new landscape. Look at the NFL. If you even just take the NFL, look at how many different apps whatever you want to call them, services you need to watch the NFL.
Speaker 4: What Peacock, Netflix Prime?
Speaker 3: Is there a Roku game?
Speaker 5: Then obviously you have to have uh ESPN.
Speaker 4: Well technically right.
Speaker 2: Most Vikings games are available over the air on CBS, Fox.
Speaker 4: NBC, most all of them local.
Speaker 2: These schedule also includes a November ninth game against Buffalo on ESPN and Deceber tenth against New England on Prime Video, but both will be simulcasts on local broadcast TV in the Twin Cities.
Speaker 3: I just didn't want people to get mad at the Wolves in the Wild in particular, and I think that it's Wolves and Wild issue. When it's an NBA NHL, it's a cable cuts l it's a cable cutting.
Speaker 1: Is those networks like Fox Sports North back and then they were printing money, and they're printing money off of people who weren't even watching it because when everybody signed up for cable, everybody was paying for regardless of what they whether they watch it or not. And so now without those people paying for it, now the sports fans have to pony up.
Speaker 4: And that's where we're at.
Speaker 3: They're all a karting everything and it's, uh, it's getting expensive. It is, there's no way around it.
Speaker 5: So exactly what you're saying is if we want to go backwards, instead of me just paying for access to the Wolves games, I should go ask my elderly neighbors who aren't watching the Wolves to just give me some money and then I can pay for the Wolves service. They did it for years That's what I'm saying. So I can just keep that going and go hey, are you watching the Wolves this year? And they'll say no, no, give me five dollars so I can go watch.
Speaker 1: The amount of Lifetime and Ravo viewers that paid thirty forty bucks a month for sports channels they never watch for so many years.
Speaker 4: It's it's crazy.
Speaker 5: Advantage Marty's House in Shaska taking.
Speaker 2: Most of those teams you can hear for free on the fan though, or free on the fan most three point for.
Speaker 6: Now, Thursday's Twins game is on Netflix. Yeah, major I think Major League Baseball has like three games on Netflix and one of them is Thursday.
Speaker 2: I think Kevin Costner is part of the coverage for that. I believe, really, I believe so.
Speaker 5: Also on Netflix Beavis and Butted. That's apropol and nothing just same. It's worth right though, it's really good, really really good. Holds up so very.
Speaker 2: What's the word? In depth breakdown by Shelby Swanson, Sports business reporter and Today starts to take a look at it if you got a chance. Cool that a costious cash of course, So there you go. It is time for the nudes.
Speaker 3: WHOA, I don't Cat's cash.
Speaker 2: You better believe it.
Speaker 4: Chris hockeyed by the St. Paul St.
Speaker 2: Paul Saints. We get to say, Paul Saints. They're playing the field of dreams tonight. Yes, Tony Bones, you're not going down because your wife's working the polls today. Yes, because he's working the poles.
Speaker 4: Yeah, make sure some money for us.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's right. You get out there, work those polls. Because I gotta tell you, I think they will be back in Saint Paul Thursday. They're not back to the twenty fourth. I don't, okay, I think they're gone on the road after that. Let me take a look. See Chs Field, by the way, is the field we're talking about. We're talking about Saints baseball dot com. That's Saints baseball dot com. Let me take a look as I stall and I stall, and I stall, go go go twenty fifth versus Toledo next. Yes, yes, they're playing in the.
Speaker 4: Otherwise.
Speaker 2: That's right, that Iowa Cubs. Here's what's going on in the news. Corey, yep, Okay, everybody be cool, am I right? The powerball jackpot just continues to gra close up billion dollars. No, no grand prize, winner last night. So Wednesday's nine and seventy five million dollars cash value around for twenty two.
Speaker 5: For twenty two, Martie, if you want that? How much would you give to each member of the parkersure morning? So we know you don't want that much money, so how much would you give you?
Speaker 2: You don't have to, but if you were going to, how much would.
Speaker 5: You Again, we'll take that burden off your hands by you giving money.
Speaker 2: To follow me into the darkness.
Speaker 3: I will just say, I mean, I will take fifty million.
Speaker 4: We're up to fifty I will take.
Speaker 3: Because I'm anticipating the taxes will be about half, so twenty five. So that's my take home is twenty five to thirty.
Speaker 5: Do you want twenty five to thirty million as a take home and we can have the rest?
Speaker 2: So great?
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, great.
Speaker 3: Fine, thanks, But I need the public to know that so that my welfare is not, my well being is not.
Speaker 5: So you would like the public to know that you have thirty million dollars, but you don't want them to know that you have three hundred million.
Speaker 3: I want them to know that the rest of it has been given to you, guys.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 5: I also would love that. If the public knows that you gave me thirty million dollars.
Speaker 2: People are gonna know that I won the lottery because I'm gonna make meat sauce carry me everywhere.
Speaker 4: Oh he can't do that.
Speaker 2: I just have him. He just barely carries himself places a delicately couple walk around like this. No, I won't even wear underwear. I'll just have his delicate hand.
Speaker 4: He'll do it.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, it's just walking around.
Speaker 2: It's hard to stay up with me. I run sometimes anyway. So that's that?
Speaker 3: How explain them? I the math of that this lottery keeps there's no winner. There's no winner, that's right. That means numbers, yes, but with millions and more people continuing to enter it, as there is no winner, mathematically, it seems like a how is it that there is no wins?
Speaker 5: So one in almost two hundred million, So even if there's a bunch more players, there's not ever two hundred million people playing, you know.
Speaker 4: What I mean? So it's still more likely that it does not go off always.
Speaker 3: So he's had a jackpot that's like, well billion dollars, there's two There's been a two billion dollar one, right, So yeah.
Speaker 2: One on this show, that's one hundred and how much one hundred and.
Speaker 4: Twenty two thousand I think on Friday.
Speaker 5: But also since they've increased the prices, my guess is the numbers of players have probably started to slide down, but the jackpot still raises because the buying is more right, Okay, Mega millions is five dollars of ticket power balls too, So.
Speaker 3: The jackpot amount is getting bigger because the ticket price that helps is increasing, not because the jackpot just keeps growing because the number keeps missing.
Speaker 5: And then the idea I believe is that once because it will get to this number faster more often. Then you get people that normally wouldn't play it to go, well, now I have to. And now the tickets are two dollars or five dollars, and now they're jumping in at a higher price point. So it's definitely buzz killed me from buying Mega Millions. I'm like, I'm not spending five dollars a ticket. I'm still a sucker for the two dollars ones once in a while, but back when it was a dollar repeats, it's like, give me a thousand of them, let's go. Now it feels like you're just throwing money away.
Speaker 4: Back in the day, you knew you were throwing money away, just didn't quite feel like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So this particular jackpot you are not playing, No, I will once it gets into this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and these are this is the power ball, So this is the I believe this is the two dollars a ticket one. I'm not paying five dollars a ticket, not doing that.
Speaker 6: And this is tonight is drawing. So I've got twenty four hours.
Speaker 2: Sure, sure, buy it on the way down stop by Toma.
Speaker 5: Or you can just wait for Marny to win it. She'll give you like twenty or thirty million. She doesn't want to deal with this burden.
Speaker 2: Why would I go to Toma to go to Dierzel, I have no idea.
Speaker 7: You have to.
Speaker 4: I'll buy one in Waterloo geographical odity.
Speaker 2: You have the way to France.
Speaker 4: That's right, you've been to France.
Speaker 2: Is water doing France? I don't think so.
Speaker 5: I believe Waterloo was the uh water slide park that Bill and Ted and Napoleon went to. Was it not Belgium?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you're right it was. I had to go to water taking it.
Speaker 4: They Tooknapoleon there and he loved waters.
Speaker 2: She did he was on nipped out.
Speaker 4: No weird.
Speaker 2: Okay, back to the news. Flying cars could soon become part of the Central Florida Skyline.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: This The cars could start operating in the region by the end of this year. The plan focuses on electric air taxis that can take off and land vertically, potential, offering a new way to get around the busy.
Speaker 5: I four quarter well and again hover over the snakes and gaiters and sharks.
Speaker 2: That is, I do want to be away from those.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so get up in this one of these flying helicopters.
Speaker 6: There a state I would trust less with flying cars than Florida.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, well Wisconsin.
Speaker 4: Good Lord, yeah, Wisconsin as well.
Speaker 2: I'll be drunk before all of this happens. Officials still have to work through questions about safety, infrastructure, regulation, and cost. Didn't the Lord take care of the infrastructure it's called the.
Speaker 3: Sky It doesn't feel like we're going to have flying cars never.
Speaker 2: We're not ready for that.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean we have drones.
Speaker 5: We just need wait limits, right, we just need if it can already deliver a package. Now, we just need to deliver humans to and fro. Drones are cool.
Speaker 2: That's ride a drone sooner than I will be able to ride it.
Speaker 4: On a drone Ride Martie Florida.
Speaker 3: I've done way moo, but I'm not ready.
Speaker 2: Way more than that. Thank you. I trust that you've done waymo Yeah, waybo. And lastly in the news, I'm gonna go with oh yeah, this one and a state once owned by Jeopardy host Alex Trebek is up for auction. Wind Fall Farms is the seven hundred acre winery in passel Roblez, California.
Speaker 5: Seven hundred acres in California. It's good to beat Forebec.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Listing prices thirty three million opening bit of fifteen again and that's right, damn closes around August fifteenth, which is the Saturday.
Speaker 5: How much is Ken Jennings making If Trebek has that much money for doing Jeopardy for so long?
Speaker 4: Wasn't you think Jennings.
Speaker 2: A partial owner of Jeopardy? Perhaps don't know how that works? Probably was?
Speaker 4: Was he eventually an executive producer or something?
Speaker 2: Probably?
Speaker 4: Man, it must have been.
Speaker 5: I had no idea Trebek was rolling that big man, but I guess, like say, Jack is loaded as well.
Speaker 4: Those guys are loaded.
Speaker 6: Yeah all right, Well he also probably bought it twenty five years ago when it was a three million dollar property.
Speaker 4: Right, I know that money. I mean now he's dead or in hell. But back in the day, yeah, we all die.
Speaker 3: What's he doing with that winery? Now? Nothing?
Speaker 4: Nothing? Maybe Ken Jennings body bab he's buried there.
Speaker 2: I was listened to lady talking about you know it's talking about the death gall Yeah. She said, you know, one of the ways people get caught when they bury bodies. The foliage looks different where a body's been buried. Really read that Isn't that weird? Yeah? I know, I know. Said she could walk through a field and look over and.
Speaker 4: Go, something's different there.
Speaker 2: Body over there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, fascinating, that's something.
Speaker 2: Mass freaked out by this. I ain't gonna let you have had problems sleep in the last two nights. Who but it's it was really fascinating. Her name is Barbara Butcher, I know it is. That's in New York. Yeah, crazy, fascinating lady balls the size of Ullswagen.
Speaker 5: All right, here's a radio teas of habits listening. Oh, Chris, when we come back about twenty twenty five, minutes ago a series of NBA breaking news that I will report on when we come back.
Speaker 2: I'm excited.
Speaker 5: If you want big time NBA news, it's right after this character show.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's Chris Hockey the Power of Morning Show. It's a big old country out there and you want to see it. Did you know that Jefferson Lines has been your number one bus experience for over one hundred years. They provide daily bus service to.
Speaker 1: For twenty five years. You have listened, and now it's time to celebrate. Joined the Power Trip in Las Vegas November eighteenth through the twenty third for live shows, a Friday Night Bash and Purple Football at Circa book with promo code Power Trip for an exclusive room rate. Full details at Cafe dot com Slash Vegas.
Speaker 2: Welcome back, Patrick Moore. So, Marty, you were so kind to me earlier and I appreciate it. I want you. Not only were you kind about what you were asking me about, but also you didn't you let me eat and you turned your back on me while I ate. So thank you. I'm so sweet.
Speaker 3: I felt that I walked into your studio and you were just about to have burkfast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's about deep my little omelet and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, eggs and hash browns.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look like.
Speaker 3: I said, you know what, go ahead, I'm gonna turn around. And he did it. He took a bite while we were talking, and then I said, let me know when I can turn Okay, I'm good. Then then we had a conversation and then he when he turned back towards his food, I turned my back and you had another bite. And that's how friends have conversations at breakfast.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's right. I know you. I know you don't know. Thank you?
Speaker 4: All right? Shall we we should get breaking NBA wa Yeah.
Speaker 3: Needs time for a fan.
Speaker 2: Five on the Power Trip brought you by a friends at Circa Resorting Casinos Circus Resorting Casinos dot com. How can people find out how they're gonna go out there and stay with us for our twenty fifth anniversary in Vegas, says Echo.
Speaker 4: Kafan dot com. Slash two five I believe.
Speaker 1: And then obviously you book your promo code at Circa Las Vegas dot com. Promo code is power Trip. That's right, join us out there. You can stay at the d you can stay at Circa. It's it's gonna be so.
Speaker 2: All one word power trip.
Speaker 1: All one word, power trip.
Speaker 2: Baby, can't wait, we'rell going, everybody's gonna be there. It's gonna be fun. I am stoked. I can't wait.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be fun.
Speaker 5: You also can't wait for the NBA season, which is right around the corner.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 5: I believe the full NBA schedule comes out. I think on Thursday. It's two days away.
Speaker 3: That's correct, but replaceable.
Speaker 5: They announced some opening night slash opening week games, and they announced the Christmas Day lineup.
Speaker 2: I've been that is correct. Okay, well I guess I was run.
Speaker 4: Then what doing?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What are we doing?
Speaker 5: The Chimberwolves on Wednesday, October twenty first square off in Miami against the Miami Heat and the Greek Free.
Speaker 2: Going there, all right, yeah, I'm going to there.
Speaker 4: So opening game week, yep.
Speaker 5: But more importantly, this is just for Chris, because Chris loves Christmas. On your birthday, Chris, you know what? Sure, there's three NFL games, and the NFL basically gave the middle finger to the NBA a couple of years ago.
Speaker 4: Saying, no, this is our day. Now we take it.
Speaker 5: Because the NBA for years and years and years had Christmas Day on lockdown, and the NFL said no more. So this year on Netflix you have the Path and Bears, then you have the Bills and the Broncos, and then on Prime you have the Ramdom Seahawks.
Speaker 4: So it's Christmas Day.
Speaker 5: That's Christmas Day, tripleheader in the NFL on a Friday.
Speaker 4: But the NBA, if.
Speaker 5: You're like, look, those three NFL games sound gross to me. At eleven am, you can watch the rematch between the Spurs.
Speaker 4: And the Knicks.
Speaker 2: I can't wait.
Speaker 4: Then a couple hours later the Heat and the Celtics.
Speaker 5: Then Lebron James goes back to Los Angeles because the Sixers go to the Lakers.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 5: Then at seven o'clock Primetime Christmas Night, right after Chris opens his Birthday Presence and his Christmas Presence, you can watch the Oklahoma City Thunder at Target Center against the Minnesota Timberwolves for Christmas.
Speaker 4: And then at night.
Speaker 5: The Denver Nuggets at the Golden.
Speaker 4: State Warriors at nine thirty.
Speaker 5: So five consecutive games that will be overshadowed by the three consecutive games in the NFL.
Speaker 2: Here's me running to targets. I wonder if I have ticket.
Speaker 3: I don't know Corey, if you need to word it and.
Speaker 5: Deliver it that way, I'm just trying to deliver it accurately, which is the NFL will dominate.
Speaker 3: The NBA has established a very entertaining Christmas Day product.
Speaker 5: Those are good matchups if you like the NBA. All five of those are legit, right, those are good games.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm going the NFL has blowout on Christmas Day and the NBA has sometimes special uniforms on Christmas Day, and a home game for the Wolves is a big deal.
Speaker 6: Not to mention that night game is going to be on Amazon Prime. It's not on ABC or I know, yeah, like most of us have.
Speaker 2: So yes, Martie, what would you be working on Christmas Night?
Speaker 3: No zone, So I will not have to know. And I appreciate that sentiment because those the people who don't work in the business don't don't feel that side of it. So that's not a hold on normally.
Speaker 2: Are you serious it's not pronounced D zone?
Speaker 4: Does zone?
Speaker 2: Are you serious?
Speaker 4: It's a dumbeston.
Speaker 2: I ain't saying di zone.
Speaker 5: Because I Marney, we support you, We love it. The names terrible, but we are you guys are gonna do a great job now.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna watch you in the D zone, all right.
Speaker 3: Anyway, So Christmas Day at Target Center will be great. Yeah, you will be festive. Yeah, I will be watching from home and I support this and I will celebrate with you.
Speaker 4: Think about how awesome it's going to be.
Speaker 5: You open all your Christmas presents, you have the family, everybody had a nice day, and then you watch SGA flop around on the floor for two and a half hours because SGA deserves it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, well, Wolves Thunder, that matchup has been a big the last couple of years. That is going to be.
Speaker 5: SGA spends more time on the floor than Billy Joel at a happy hour.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, Like, Oh, that's Desonne.
Speaker 2: Yes, but are you sure that your house is pronounced Are you sure that your house is not called d home? Oh my god, that's a great idea.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's inappropriate. Matt wishes it was Matt.
Speaker 8: Sometimes d back Sea works as well, and sometimes you're just the loone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't go to D A t M.
Speaker 3: Just clean up the mess o.
Speaker 2: Your mic was on, Marnie. I really did. I'm not kidding. I did not know it was pronounced.
Speaker 1: You couldn't tell by the letters d a z N.
Speaker 4: You didn't get the zone out of that.
Speaker 2: I just couldn't imagine they would go with that, And and.
Speaker 4: I thought, d d a z N, Yeah, that's what it is.
Speaker 2: D a z.
Speaker 4: D a Znay the zone. It's nope.
Speaker 5: Why is there so much confusion, it's clearly the zone. Just read it dazn.
Speaker 4: This is confusing, and days is confused.
Speaker 5: So some random Greek businessman who has a ton of money, did you see that?
Speaker 4: He a He owns a club in.
Speaker 5: Athens, and he is convinced that he can get the Joker away from the Nuggets and go play in Greece.
Speaker 4: He says he made a proposal as in a league. So check this out.
Speaker 5: This is insane, this is this is this guy's delusional, unless he's not. He claimed that he made an offer to the Joker to buy him out from the Denver Nuggets, and the Nuggets quickly declined. Quickly decline, it said hard pass. So the Joker has two years left on a one twenty one point eight million dollar deal sixty plus a year, but the second year is a player option. He is currently eligible to sign a four year two hundred and seventy eight million dollars deal. But he's not doing that because if he waits till next summer, in July of next summer, he will be eligible to sign a five year wait for this number three hundred and fifty nine point five million dollar deal that would be the largest in NBA history. But this dude, don't know his name, This Greek dude is like, no big deal is that we didn't get him this year, We'll get him next year. He's convinced next year that the Joker is going to turn down a five year, three fifty nine to go play in grease.
Speaker 4: Best of luck to this guy or how much, I don't know.
Speaker 6: You've you've got to pony up more than that seventy two million dollars a year.
Speaker 4: Why more than four years?
Speaker 5: Why would the Joker leave the NBA to go play in grease for less than the NBA value? So you you would think it would have to be more than five years and three fifty nine. But I think this guy's delusional.
Speaker 6: The chance we'll see Denver doesn't want to pay him that much money for the declining years.
Speaker 5: He is thirty one years old. I would say that means he'll be thirty two next year.
Speaker 6: They're paying him seventy two million dollars when he's thirty seven my own mind.
Speaker 4: Mm hm.
Speaker 6: So really, what we're saying is Jokich has a fallback plan.
Speaker 2: He's kind of in the soft zone. Don't laugh, money, don't laugh.
Speaker 4: It's a lot of money, man, it's a lot of money. I think winning the power Ball man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you can I be honest, like, if I'm old rich dude, I don't want to watch him play against lesser talent.
Speaker 4: Sure, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Why would I pay him to play against GMB squad?
Speaker 4: Exactly?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean.
Speaker 5: And if you're Joker, if you have let's say you're gonna get seventy million from whoever's paying you, don't you want your legacy to be against the best players in the world. Don't you want to play against NBA talent, not just random guys in Greece.
Speaker 1: He strikes me as somebody who wouldn't care as much as others about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I kind of agree.
Speaker 3: It has a live golf field, totally individual chasing money or whatever else, not the integrity of the league kind of thing.
Speaker 2: But last by the way.
Speaker 3: You could what doesn't need that money? I wouldn't think, But then again do the live golfers for you and I to say he's got enough money?
Speaker 2: Interesting things? Enough money? Right?
Speaker 4: M how far as Serbia from close? For Athens? It is a few.
Speaker 5: Minutes quick, uber, could Marny just Waimo there for sure?
Speaker 4: Slightly closer than Denver.
Speaker 3: Might need a flying car for that one.
Speaker 5: I don't know the geography. I don't know which is near. So we're just a couple of countries away. So the old hop, skip and a jump pretty close?
Speaker 2: Got that right?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: Well we'll see I.
Speaker 5: Guess next next summer he's going to get multiple gigantic offers, including the largest contract to offer in NBA history.
Speaker 3: And will it only be Nicola Jokic who's getting this offer?
Speaker 5: That's what this dude says. He's he specifically wants the Joker to come play.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's just a drop in the bucket, isn't it that I don't know the first domino.
Speaker 5: You would think you would want more talent than just the Joker. I don't know who knows. People with money get bored. They get bored.
Speaker 4: What am I going to do today. If there, why don't you eat your burger? We'll tell you. I don't know.
Speaker 5: Well, they're trying hard to get that NBA Europe thing going right, the like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: They call it the E Zone.
Speaker 6: Exisode. I think it's pronounced. Yeah, what did you call it?
Speaker 2: Don't go there.
Speaker 4: You're on camera, Marty, you're on camera.
Speaker 5: Everybody saw the letter V that you made with your two fingers.
Speaker 3: Okay, so yeah, please give THEE.
Speaker 4: Peace everybody piece. Vikings News is next time.
Speaker 5: The Power Dream Wanting showing the from the one eight hundred Ask Gary Traffic Center.
Speaker 3: This report is sponsored by Luther Brookdale Mazda. It is quiet for the most part on the roadway.
Speaker 2: Which with my band opening up, I cannot wait, Come on down, get your tickets now, The Ledge, Saint Cloud Wait Park. Technically let's go. Marty Gallar and are Johnny Bones, We're all together.
Speaker 3: Hold on loosely is a slamber lammer.
Speaker 2: There's so many good there's I want you back, why good stuff? Can't wait?
Speaker 4: The Ledge?
Speaker 2: Have you been?
Speaker 3: You've been?
Speaker 2: Have you been to the ledgend know you're supposed to the Loge.
Speaker 3: I sold my ticket.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Couldn't find anyone to go with me.
Speaker 4: That's depressing. I am that popular, it's not that And sometimes you run into somebody.
Speaker 2: I don't remember being you know, I must have forgotten. You must have forgotten.
Speaker 3: I didn't get that deep on the list, if I'm being honest. I actually asked one, two, three, four or five maybe six people. It was an awkward time, seven Sunday evening in the summer.
Speaker 4: I was the next one.
Speaker 2: I'm sure.
Speaker 4: What's it like having six friends?
Speaker 3: What prety great?
Speaker 5: A lot of juggle, oh, a lot to maintain. Said yes, I went to three eleven by myself. I mean I ran into Joe O'Donnell and his lovely wife, so I technically knew somebody.
Speaker 4: I sat next to them, but I went solo. Shocking, Well, I have gone.
Speaker 3: To a concert by myself, and it ironically was why no not?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't mind it. I did it for most of my twenties. It's not a big deal.
Speaker 3: It was at the Ledge, so I would have had to drive hour.
Speaker 4: That's twenty long drive from there. You lived back, that's right, Yeah, that's so.
Speaker 3: If it was in town, in town in the metro, probably would have gone by myself. Yeah.
Speaker 2: St. Claud has that great little Hamburger place that was.
Speaker 4: Ows ows Hall.
Speaker 2: Yeah so good. Yeah, if there were a Vikings game, it's time for Vikings Us on the Power Trip presented by I'd like to have Calista Flockhart read from today's Alex Smith article talking about.
Speaker 4: The quarterback situation. Alex, you mean Alec Lewis.
Speaker 2: That's what I meant. You heard, Wright said Ally McBeal.
Speaker 4: Yes, Harrison Ford's wife. Yeah, she's doing sports recording for us. Now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had to fire the lady we had yesterday. Oh, because I could remember her.
Speaker 4: Name, Molly Ringwold.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Really upgraded?
Speaker 2: Well you think so terrible? This is different, man, this is the real Calista Flockhart and she's talking about from Alec Lewis's article about the quarterback situation, and listen to what she has to say.
Speaker 7: The offensive struggles should be taken with a grain of salt because the Vikings defense has been one of the league's best units in recent years. Third year edge rusher Dallas Turner is ripping around the edge with speed. Defensive tackle Jalen Redmond continues to cause problems on the interior defensive coordinator Brian Flores has not shied away from sending blitzers from the second level. Second team offensive snaps against the first team defense demand an even high level of operation. It's also worth noting that former Vikings quarterback Sam Darnold, who won a Super Bowl with the Seahawks last season, struggled until the second day of joint practices during.
Speaker 3: Training camp in twenty twenty four. But even this hits on the overarching point.
Speaker 7: McCarthy's torn meniscus allowed Darnold to take one hundred percent of the first team snaps from August fourteenth through the end of training camp. Deploying a similar timeline would require the Vikings to finalize their quarterback in four days, a declaration that would require extensive explanation.
Speaker 2: Guaranteed human, that's right, iHeartRadio, Thank you Alec Lewis, Alex Smith and Calissa Fleckhart, all of them.
Speaker 3: What was that?
Speaker 5: So what that was was us breaking the rule because guaranteed human and iHeart and also getting beyond a paywall at the Athletic So you just got to hear something for free from a robot voice.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 4: Pretty good deal.
Speaker 2: I broke all the rules.
Speaker 3: I like the way she said snaps.
Speaker 2: I like the way she smiles even though she doesn't have a face.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Offensive, Yeah, you were offended something really weird, she said. Offensive. But I do like the point that if you remember the year that Sam Darnold became the king of the world, it should be noted it was noted that he didn't take the helm until the fourteenth of August, which is a couple of days from now. Today's the eleventh. Yeah, it's cool, man, it's cool. That's what she was basically saying, is it's cool with a smile.
Speaker 5: Do you think, though, do you think that koc the seventeenth most attractive NFL head coached in the NFL, behind Any Reid and Mike McCarthy.
Speaker 2: You heard me?
Speaker 5: Do you believe that Kevin O'Connell seventeenth most sorry sorry sorrythar Do you believe he already knows who the winner is in his own mind, that he that he knows who the quarterbacks? I would say yes, if he does, then we should just rip the band aid off and let that person names but take the rest.
Speaker 2: Of the I often feel as if I've made a really good cup of coffee and I look forward to drinking and then I taste it and I have to spit it out all over the place. So you just never know until you actually taste it.
Speaker 4: Mm hmmm, that's gonna be. That is going to be on your tombstone.
Speaker 2: I say, you'd got nothing to lose by letting it play out for a few more days. But I don't work at D zone, no.
Speaker 4: Or O zone. Marnie, you're on camera, work everybody can see what you're doing.
Speaker 2: Marnie, she's a manager there, she's the knight manager. She's the night manager. Yep, she got moved up. She used to Arne worked the back doors.
Speaker 5: I don't know if you should work for these Sorry, so serious football question. I got nothing but serious football. This is a serious one.
Speaker 2: Nothing but those.
Speaker 5: On Saturday. If we truly have a quarterback competition, again, most of us listening don't think that there is. We all think this is just a charade and Kyler is gonna win the job. But if there's a true quarterback competition, then shouldn't those be the only two quarterbacks that play?
Speaker 2: And that's what Ben supposed yesterday.
Speaker 5: Because if there isn't one, if there isn't a quarterback competition behind the scenes, a fitch like this is Kyler Murphy, murh Kyle Murphy's job, Rosie, then I would say Wentz and Brosmer should take all the snaps.
Speaker 2: That is not going to be the case. According to Ben, he believes it'll be one half for one quarterback at the other half for the other. That's what he said yesterday on this very radio show. You might not have been listening.
Speaker 3: And those two, just to clarify, are Kyler Murray and j J.
Speaker 2: That's right, Yes, that's correct.
Speaker 4: JJ had a better Sunday than Kyler did.
Speaker 2: That's the word on the street. At least for the first half of practice. Got to read the whole story.
Speaker 5: You read the whole story, or have Calisto readers behind a paywall to you the robot voice tomorrow.
Speaker 3: I have.
Speaker 2: I pay for the Athletic me too.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 4: It's cool to be able to support people who do good things.
Speaker 2: I couldn't more. I couldn't be in the Athletic, but I still have a subscription, right, I couldn't be a hustler. I still have a subscription.
Speaker 4: Sure you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Sure love what I love? I read stuff. Yeah, man, you said it.
Speaker 4: Man just mentally trying to decide if I'm going to pay for a dozone hmmm, Mario will be on it. I mean, I support you. Can I just give you fifteen dollars a month and just say that I watched you?
Speaker 3: Yes, that could get weird?
Speaker 2: Could I have been you?
Speaker 5: I won't even ask for feet picks. Let's just say here, I'm just supporting your career.
Speaker 4: Just pretend that I'm.
Speaker 2: Meant to be sweet.
Speaker 4: I'm not in the seat. Oh defeat defeat zone.
Speaker 6: Yeah, if you're paying Marty fifteen bucks a month to watch d Zone, no.
Speaker 5: I'm just gonna tell her that I did. I'm going to say I'm supporting your career, even though I don't want to. Really, I already pay thirty bucks a month for cleave Zone. It's a totally different show.
Speaker 4: What about beaf Zone?
Speaker 2: I do not.
Speaker 4: I can't. You don't know where to line is?
Speaker 2: I can't afford that.
Speaker 4: Line is.
Speaker 2: I can't afford it. There's a starting lineup projected in the Athletic today for your Minnesota Vikings. Would you like to hear who they are?
Speaker 5: It's exactly me I was gonna say I can't think of any even battles that we have. Yeah, maybe outside of a quarterback, but that's going to be Kyler.
Speaker 2: Yeah, by Drake Rodriguez, And it looks like they're thinking he might be your left defensive end. How about that? With Banks in the middle and Redmond on the other.
Speaker 4: Side, who's he battling? Then?
Speaker 5: I guess technically who else is over there? We're we forgetting it's the three guy? Oh, the Tyrian something Dawkins guy. Ye okay, I saw the top three picks last night. We're the Twins game, right, Caleb Banks and Orange and gold Day. I think we're all throwing out the first pitch of the Twins game. These guys are gigantic.
Speaker 2: They are They're really, really, really big, and we are going to go brandellic center. It looks like, right, we haven't even talked about bringing anybody else since, So there you go.
Speaker 5: Whether they draft a seventh round center or something, right, so an absolute flyer, no idea, yeah, no idea. If the feedback is good, I think it was a seventh round is that right?
Speaker 4: Something like that. I think Bandell's the guy.
Speaker 2: I think this is gonna be a good year. Guys, I really believe it. I believe it in Martins, I believe it in my soul. I love it.
Speaker 3: I love the optimism, I sure do.
Speaker 4: This is gonna be a long year with that name. Can you just call it the zone?
Speaker 2: Th h E?
Speaker 4: Just the zone makes sense?
Speaker 2: Or zone.
Speaker 3: Just fancy?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's not pretty fancy.
Speaker 2: I like being fancy.
Speaker 4: I just I don't.
Speaker 5: I just like kicking back on a weekend and not worrying about anything, marns, you know, just relaxing.
Speaker 4: I don't want any worries.
Speaker 3: Do you want any bubbles?
Speaker 4: Not necessarily, he does not.
Speaker 3: Do you want any troubles?
Speaker 4: Not in particular?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: Why do you have any advice?
Speaker 3: Do you?
Speaker 2: S side?
Speaker 4: I don't know the surf side, Yeah, just off the top of the head. Sure any specific flavors of the serf side?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 4: The blueberry lemonade? That's pretty good.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good.
Speaker 5: It's delicious into something peacher or whatever? Right the PC the PJC, Yeah, man, thanks, surf Side, all right? Fan five and a second headlines later, This is the power trip morning you on the fan?
Speaker 2: You know what I like? When I'm never mind, I'll tell you who your mag just had to do.
Speaker 5: With the thong from the one eight hundred ASK Gary Traffic Center.
Speaker 3: This report is sponsored by Capitol