Speaker 1: And and Cafan welcome some great shows to the alleged Amphitheater this year. John O'Laney will be there August twenty second, Black Label Society will be there September twenty fifth. All the details on all of our upcoming shows on the concert page at KFE dot com.
Speaker 2: You were calendar, that's.
Speaker 3: Right, man, I can't believe you know.
Speaker 4: We normally would do news right now, rought you by friends of Saint Paul Saints. We'll talk to Marns about the Timberwolves and momentarily and other things.
Speaker 3: But the Saints are playing.
Speaker 4: The Las Vegas team tonight at the Las Vegas Ballpark. Why are we not covering? I thought we were the Saints station. Why are we not there?
Speaker 5: I mean, yeah, we probably should be.
Speaker 3: Zach's covering the Wild.
Speaker 4: We had nobody over there in San Antonio for the Wolves, and there's nobody covering the Saints in Vegas.
Speaker 3: What are we doing?
Speaker 6: I'll go it's a huge mess.
Speaker 3: What are we doing? What are we doing.
Speaker 5: Your single demayo in Vegas? Sure?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you know, I don't need Mexican food, so I would just go to Kynes. But like, I'll cover it. You know, yeah, And I mean I mean, IM not going to go to the Saints game.
Speaker 3: Well you should, but I like.
Speaker 5: The Saints a lot.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying I'm not gonna if I go to Vegas, I'm not going, but I'll go and just tell people that the Saints are playing there.
Speaker 4: If all the reporters go out to dinner at a at a Vegas restaurant.
Speaker 3: Would you go with them?
Speaker 2: No? No, I get cards to play you anyway. I got to give my money away.
Speaker 4: May twelfth, your beloved Saint Paul Saints are back at hs Field to leave Colorado. Leave six thirty seven May twelfth, Go to Saints Baseball dot com and don't forget by the way. June fifth, there's a Star Wars ticket package that the kids are going to be involved in game ticket and a Saints lightsaber for you. The kiddos lots going on, all kinds of things happening. Saints Baseball dot Com. Go Saint Paul Saints beat Vegas.
Speaker 3: Whatever's it's a terrible name, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Vegas, whatever's Marty. What's the duck update? How are your ducks or duck for now?
Speaker 6: That's not the update?
Speaker 2: Have you thought about it? Though, no, not even closer yet.
Speaker 5: They are pooping, so it's still just the mom.
Speaker 6: It's a it's a lack of anything.
Speaker 7: But no news is good news because nothing is supposed to happen for twenty eight days.
Speaker 3: God, she's sick of it.
Speaker 6: She looks she is so tired.
Speaker 2: On Instagram, you mentioned that you had some names for the duck that were immediately rejected by your family. Care to share with the class?
Speaker 7: Yeah, put I put some thought, energy time into them. Uh, quacky joiner Cursey rejected.
Speaker 6: I mean I don't.
Speaker 7: I didn't even tell you this one once rejected. Terrible Saints, terrible, feather Locklear.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's my favorite. I like that one.
Speaker 6: Well, you're gonna love this one, Tanya Ducker.
Speaker 2: That's a terrible name.
Speaker 3: I like that name.
Speaker 4: It's a great one. But I'm afraid of you saying it on the radio a few more times. I I'm gonna go back to, uh.
Speaker 3: The other one. You said, feather Locklear, that's my favor.
Speaker 7: Well, no one else in my family likes it, and part of its generational because Finley was like, I don't get it, and I said, have you ever heard of Heather Locklear? And She's like, no, no, So therein lies the problem.
Speaker 2: And Jackie, you're Tanya Tucker whatever You're like, you're you're You gotta get some newer references.
Speaker 7: She does know the song Delta Don because of a TikTok something or other, so we were able to land that one, but she didn't like the name.
Speaker 3: So what's that flower you have on?
Speaker 6: Could it be a faded rose? Days gone by?
Speaker 7: So I'm hoping to have a name by tonight, because you know it's we're just calling her the duck. And then yesterday the Mallard who is the boy the boyfriend I'd like.
Speaker 3: To say, I haven't tied the night yet, Well.
Speaker 6: Not that I've seen. He knocked her up and left.
Speaker 3: Well do what you do, don't try to hold me down.
Speaker 7: Well he was back and it was a real windy day yesterday. You know, we had the pool closed and he was out there walking around on the pool cover. I'm sure going I could have sworn there was water here when I did my business.
Speaker 2: Yes, Why does anybody ever try to be creative when they can just ask chat GPT, I said, give me some names like feather locklear bet are puns for ducks and here's what chat GPT says.
Speaker 5: Tell me if if whatever.
Speaker 2: Your husband and kids names are, who cares, maybe they'll like these. Duck Norris, quack Nicholson.
Speaker 3: I think duck Norris is the Good Girls.
Speaker 2: Though, Leonardo di Quackrio, Quacky chan Hugh Quackman, quack Sabbath Fleetwood, quack Sir quacks a lot, Count Quackula. I'm gonna be very careful with this one. Benedict's Cumber quack quack Sparrow. Oh, bread pitt, because you would feed a duck bread bread pitt Quackson Pollock. I like that one a lot. That's really good. Quack Lamore, Macklamore, Attila the hen again, why even why even sit around and have a creative meeting? Just just I do it? Yeah, creativity s dead. Quacky Robinson's very good. I like that one. Quack the Black. Oh how about Darth Wade her? Oh that's pretty good. Is that a lady's name? Just duck Vader duck Vader as well, Yes, we're already called her. Did you, duck Skywalker?
Speaker 3: Did you give her a break set on her rags? For like we talked about.
Speaker 7: I did not you did not No, but we did fill a we did purchase and fill a kiddie pool.
Speaker 6: Yeah, k I D d I E.
Speaker 7: Okay, we haven't seen her use it, but put it right next to the trees where she has formed her habitat, so.
Speaker 3: You know she doesn't know that's for her.
Speaker 6: I put a sign on there. It says for the duck.
Speaker 2: She's a Minnesota duck. She doesn't want to impose or anything. Yes, okay, this is why I love a. I thought trap for her. Now I just said, all right, but let's make it a female duck. So focus on the female. Okay, Oprah Wing free, Cardi beak. But this one makes me laugh, simply says Adele Dozime. So it's it's just the men. It's just why don't you call it? Adele? That's nuts pretty.
Speaker 8: Good, oh man, Arianna Ponde, that's not bad.
Speaker 4: And I know it wasn't her, But did you see say Live not yet you haven't.
Speaker 3: Seen the but whole thing with Olivia Rodrigo.
Speaker 2: That's that's out of context. You probably don't understand what you just said. But it's really funny.
Speaker 4: My gosh, it's a good but it's just it's it's not as good. But it's up there with schweaty balls.
Speaker 2: Similar she has. She has a cake, like a round kind of cake. What it was a lava fudge cake. Yeah, lava fudge cake and the center of the cake.
Speaker 3: It's great. It's really well done, very well done.
Speaker 2: It was good.
Speaker 4: I just called back to the last segment. By the way, I wasn't crazy, and Zach, you were right. They played in the Alamodome when I saw them. I'm tad it was two thousand one or two thousand and two when I saw them. The Spurs typically used roughly half of the Alamodome for regular season home games. A massive Florida ceiling blue curtain divided the court from the empty, unused portion of the stadium.
Speaker 6: There you go.
Speaker 3: So I went into the stadium and the Spurs were really good back then, so yeah, right, And it looked like I went to a high school basketball game where the cheerleaders were practicing on the other side of the curtain, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: It was the weirdest thing. And I was like, this is a professional basketball stadium.
Speaker 7: What was the final season of the Alamodome. I don't have any recollection of ever being in there. Let's see I started with the Wolves in two to three.
Speaker 2: Yep, I think oh one was the last season if I read it right.
Speaker 4: Let's see, the team used the Alamodome from ninety three to two.
Speaker 6: Okay, there you go, fits all the time, there you go.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 4: It was very very odd and that was a giant blue curtain.
Speaker 6: It would have to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Wolves did the same thing at the dome with the Metro Dome for years.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that makes sense too. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 7: That San Antonio is such an interesting layout of a city of where the where the stadium is or the arena, and the neighborhoods that you drive through to get there. Man, it is uh, it is tough, it is. It is some real, real poverty. Yeah, and then just this beautiful full arena and horse corrals and stables and just this juxtaposition of wealth and poverty and its neighborhoods and you see, you see it all.
Speaker 3: Yeah for sure, and everybody talks about it. But I know, wine now that I've seen it. Back then, I saw it. That river walk is awesome. Sure, that's really cool.
Speaker 7: I mean that's like twenty minutes from oh for sure, the arena.
Speaker 3: But yes, I mean that is a reason to go to San Antonio. It's cool, Cory. It's it's like obviously a river and then there's all these restaurants. But it's lower than the city, so you have to go down steps to get there, and then you just walk along the river. You go bar to bar, a restaurants, restaurant. Restaurant's beautiful, but.
Speaker 6: It's not like a raging river with a.
Speaker 3: Tie, A lazy river.
Speaker 7: Yes, it's a very small calm like I'm sure people have fallen into it.
Speaker 6: Sure stumble and drunk, you'd.
Speaker 3: Be okay, happening right now.
Speaker 7: Not that kind of weapons, right, Yeah, but it's a really cool concept.
Speaker 6: Yes, a feather block clear, it's probably chilled. Yeah, probably they met a lot of mallards.
Speaker 2: Probably. Agatha Christie has probably been at the river walk raging rapids by the way, like once in a while. Again they get lazy, remember how like when of the first time I asked it, I said, count Quackula. Yeah, now this one just says Countess Quakula.
Speaker 5: It's like, come on, well I did ask for the female version, but come on, man, like you can.
Speaker 2: Do better than this. Yeah, these are good.
Speaker 3: As we go to break here, I'll play this for you one more time, Marty, just to see what it does for you, because I'm sure you were watching on TV. You didn't listen to our guy, Alan Horton.
Speaker 6: I would like to harp for the rebound they get into wen date back to Harper. Three seconds left now with two Champetney moves to his left, fires the three at the buzzard.
Speaker 2: It's off the front.
Speaker 3: I'm no good.
Speaker 2: The ball game is over.
Speaker 6: The Temperwolves have stolen Game one in San Antonio one oh four, one oh two.
Speaker 3: Is the girl the name Champagne or is it not Champagne?
Speaker 6: That spelled champagne it is?
Speaker 3: Why wouldn't you just go buy champagne? That's much cooler than champagne.
Speaker 2: You got a wide open look. Again, ozried been on that first pump fake and it was a wide open three, and I would say he rushed it just slightly, but obviously the clock was ticking, so he felt like he you know, so he had his feet mostly set, but man a wide open look and.
Speaker 5: He went for the win.
Speaker 2: They did.
Speaker 6: They went for the win and no timeouts?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 7: Usually the final minute of a close NBA game takes forever? And it was late, and I was thinking in my head, oh my god, how long is this and there were no time out.
Speaker 3: Oh they shocked.
Speaker 7: They let him play and it was so much fun and it just went bang bang heymaker, haymaker, haymaker, clank.
Speaker 5: Over ye yeah.
Speaker 2: Randall misses that shot with what about seven or eight seconds ago. Spurs get the rebound and they march their way quickly up the court, pass it nas reed, bites on the pump, fake Champagne, wide open three.
Speaker 5: That would have sucked so bad.
Speaker 7: If that wind, because we had a decent lead.
Speaker 6: We were up seven yet.
Speaker 7: Forty I have it right in front of me seven with a minute thirty five, six point lead. With a minute seven one oh seven, we're up six.
Speaker 6: Oh wait nope, still up six with forty nine seconds left. Hm, that game should.
Speaker 5: Be ours, should be almost blew it.
Speaker 6: Hey make mistakes. We deserved that win, and guess what we got it? One nothings.
Speaker 2: And now, if you're looking at the old betting nods, right before the series started, the Spurs were something like minus twelve hundred to win the series.
Speaker 5: Now it's just minus one ninety, so.
Speaker 2: Wow, the Wolves were plus seven hundred and now it's something like plus so I forget what it just was, but it's plus one fifty or plus one sixty something like that. So my point is is it's crazy how one game goes from oh yeah, massive underdogs to almost even money the rest of the way.
Speaker 5: That's how close this is now.
Speaker 7: I would bet it also shifted though with the news before the game that Ant was available to even play.
Speaker 6: It probably started the shift a little bit.
Speaker 2: But like we talked about it yesterday that the line for the game was thirteen and a half and then when they said Aunt was playing, it was down to nine and a half.
Speaker 5: So still a pretty big gas.
Speaker 4: Sure.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it closed out, but it wasn't. It wasn't as significant as I thought it was going to be. Maybe they just didn't think it would be one hundred percent. He played like he was one hundred percent, but only twenty five minutes. We'll talk more about that in a second with Marty Gilliner with Sports After this on the Fan.
Speaker 3: Putrid Marty Show featuring maybe Corey cove.
Speaker 5: Check check check checks check check check.
Speaker 6: It's working.
Speaker 5: It is, no, you never know.
Speaker 3: Why it's doing that.
Speaker 4: I listen to the show the whole day, and I don't hear anybody those having trouble, but I watch you do it. I was trying to help you. I was holding down yeah over here, and it wouldn't work.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The only way to you know, you hit the light on. It says that it's on, it's right, and the only way to check is to talk yes. So then I would be like nine to five too, and there would be nothing coming through, and then the light would still be on, and then it would come through.
Speaker 5: I'm like, what is going on here?
Speaker 4: I think it's Dark Star messing with you? Or is that one guy who said that I that you were going to have problems with your buttle?
Speaker 2: Yep? What was his name? I don't even I know, but I don't remember. Yeah, that guy, screw that guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that guy said.
Speaker 2: He was he No, there was a we had a a psychic yeah, and he said three things, three you know, predictions because he could see the future. He said I would be the first to leave the show. He was wrong. Uh. He said I was going to go to London or something like that, or New York. It's like, well, okay, you just named two major cities, and I did go to London, like seven years later. But then the third one is he said he didn't want to say it on the air, but he came over and whispered that I should probably get my prostate checked. And I was, what thirty thirty? Maybe how old was I something like thirty. So at the time we were like, well, I'm not going to do that. I'm not going to get my prostate checked because some psychic told me that I might have a problem.
Speaker 3: You had a check, but not by a professional.
Speaker 2: Correct and not by hand.
Speaker 6: Oh that's how Tommy's on the show him down.
Speaker 2: But the point is so afterwards, when I had mentioned that that's what he had told me, like in private, that I should go do that, there were people on the old I believe it was Rubechad back in the day. I don't know if it was Twitter yet. I don't remember who told me.
Speaker 5: Maybe it was just email and they.
Speaker 2: Were like, you know why he did that is he wants you just to be a little bit afraid, even if you don't believe in psychics. He wants you to basically go get the finger wiggle as like a punishment for doubting his psychic ability. And it's like, yeah, I never did that, And of course it's whatever. Fifteen years later and I'm still on the show and I have no prostate issues. Yes, rats, Also he was garbage, but that's okay.
Speaker 6: I hate to change the subject after that.
Speaker 7: Have either of the other or any of the other hosts who sit in that chair and use that microphone had that microphone issue?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Are the only lucky one?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know what I'm doing differently. I mean, I'm pushing the button.
Speaker 2: Is that right? Should I not do that?
Speaker 6: You seem to be doing it directly?
Speaker 2: I don't know. They'll figure it out.
Speaker 6: It's time for a fan five on the Power Trip.
Speaker 2: That's right, by the way, did two of the best psychic moments in the history of the Powers your morning shows. I once had a psychic tell me to be careful about my car, that they were worried that my car was going to put me in a tough spot. I had literally purchased a brand new car what Chris three or four weeks before that. It was, it had like two hundred miles in it, and she was like, still, I would be careful, and I'm like, okay, And then the best one of all time on the best One of All Time? Was a psychic? That was it the same gal the same show?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Right, that gal said that Chris's late grandmother, who was yep, no longer with us, did not care for his latest album.
Speaker 5: She said, yeah, it wasn't her flavor.
Speaker 2: Didn't think it was great.
Speaker 3: I was like, Grandma Nora Nos Grandma Noora.
Speaker 2: Did not care for Chris's latest album. Imagine the balls to say that a dead relative hated your grandkid's art.
Speaker 7: I mean, if you're gonna make it up, you at least say she loved it.
Speaker 3: That's what you're thinking.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And then that was the same gal I had.
Speaker 2: She said she asked if I had any relatives that had passed and I said, well, you tell me right, like, shouldn't you, shouldn't you? And then after she goaded me a little bit, I eventually told her that I did have a cousin that had passed away. And she told me that he really wanted to go bowling with me, that he missed bowling with me, And I said, I don't think in my entire life, I ever once bowled with him, and I've never heard that he ever bowled I don't think he was into bowling. He said he really, he does want to bowl with you, And I'm like, I, I guess I'm gonna take your word for it. I guess for the first time, we're going to bowl in the afterlife.
Speaker 6: Aiding of the courage to tell you.
Speaker 2: No, he liked water skiing, he liked partying. I don't think he liked to roll it Kurt Bills, So I guess at some point I'm going to bowl with him.
Speaker 6: There's a duck name Kurt Bills.
Speaker 3: That's perfect.
Speaker 5: Tom My, God, that's even best.
Speaker 2: That's the winner, was it? Kurt? We got there.
Speaker 5: We didn't need chat ept Bills.
Speaker 3: Why humans? Hey, By the way, Nordo says PA had some same issues gestory.
Speaker 2: Okay, so all right, we're getting there. They'll figure it out, figure it out. Oh right, Should we do sports because it's a big night act. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Man, let's go. It's hammered boom boom boom, boom boom. There's no spots.
Speaker 2: Fair enough, all right, Marns. We just talked about it briefly last segment. We've been talking about it all morning. At the the Wolves won.
Speaker 5: No io yet though, so the faster he can come back.
Speaker 2: I mean, Tarren Shannon was essentially what Io was last series for us. Last night, he was the instant offense. He was the high energy, motor guy that kept the pace up. Imagine when we get ioed back man and more rest for Ant, he looked close to one hundred percent. I don't know what percentage he would have tagged himself, but you get a little more rest out of Ant, you get Io back, hopefully soon, and this could be trouble for the Spurs.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he looked a little bit like Ant light, but he didn't drive and have the explosion, but he did.
Speaker 6: He looked better than I thought he was.
Speaker 7: Gonna look because I was afraid he.
Speaker 6: Was gonna jog and just shoot threes.
Speaker 7: And I guess I would I should give the Wolves more credit thinking that why would they play him in that condition? But he's a great three point shooter, So maybe it was a we'll test it out and we gave you three eight to five shots type thing. But you're right, he Ant was effective in his twenty five minutes. He was eight of thirteen from the floor. To your point about Io Desumo, he is a he. I mean, we saw in that game when he had forty two three whatever against Denver. How great of a scorer he can be. And I think the thing about Io Desumu is he raises Bones Highland and Bones had twelve minutes last night, did not score.
Speaker 6: He was zero for six.
Speaker 7: Bones becomes such a better, more dynamic player when he is paired with Io Desumo.
Speaker 6: They are the twin turbos.
Speaker 7: Last night we had a single engine and it was the weaker of the two engines.
Speaker 6: Now, I love Bones Highland.
Speaker 7: I'm a huge Bones fan, but he needs to be in the exact right environment to flourish, and Io is his best right environment. So it's like you get a two for one when you get Io back. And I did hear John Krasinsky yesterday.
Speaker 6: Sounds like we all.
Speaker 7: Listened to the same Dan Burrero program you do, but uh, Krasinsky was saying that the Wolves expect Io to be able to come back in this series. So it sounds like the calf is like close, but they're not. He's not quite there yet. So hopefully next game or soon thereafter, we can pick up Io as well and then get close to being whole again.
Speaker 6: We will not have.
Speaker 7: Dante, obviously, but man that was a that was great from Aunt and.
Speaker 6: I mean I mean didn't Mike.
Speaker 2: Conley, Oh Connie was huge, Yeah, and he went four threes, all super clutched against super professional. It was just veteran leadership. It was awesome.
Speaker 5: But back to Shannon for a second. You know, like you ever watched.
Speaker 2: Like like old man pickup ball, And I can say this because I'm forty six. Now you watch like old man pickup ball and like some college kid comes in there and is just three times faster than everybody playing. That's what it looked like with Terren Shannon, even with the Wolves, and the Wolves have some young players, right Aunts young Jaden's still young.
Speaker 5: You got some, but he was just on a different gear.
Speaker 2: Terrence Shannon going downhill, Yes, it felt like they needed somebody to do that.
Speaker 7: Yes, but last night, I would say his finishing at the rim was a little out of control at times, or a little too affected by Wemby.
Speaker 2: I was going to say, though, understandably, right, it's got to you got to hear the first fear that the seven foot four or five freak is right behind you. The game started with the.
Speaker 6: Start drove right, got blocked next.
Speaker 2: Right, and they both looked open and if I'm Tarren Shannon, I'm like, I got it. These are I got two points? Stump, Nope, he has you know, go go gadget arms. Yeah.
Speaker 7: And then down the stretch, Terrence Shannon took a couple of like within the last two minutes, took a couple of shots that I was like, oh, we gotta we gotta find ant here or something like that. I admire the confidence. I just didn't feel like he had the game going to be taking those shots in that moment. Now, if he makes them, of course, I'm like, genius, great shot.
Speaker 6: I do.
Speaker 7: I like Terrence with his burst of speed and his ability to get in the paint. And then maybe we start if we can get Wemby in foul trouble, then it starts to change the whole game. And when and Yama changed the game with his defense, but he was five of seventeen, so we effectively bottled him up or made him much less of a factor on the offensive end. Yes, he had a triple double with blocks unbelievably impressive, But when and Yama did not kill the Wolves on the offensive end.
Speaker 6: So whatever that game plan was, they.
Speaker 7: Executed it so well so job very well done. Now you just have to figure out the part where you don't let him block all your shots, and that is not.
Speaker 4: Easy in your opinion, because I heard Johnny Cake talking about this with Dan Burrow history. So anything Finch can do to help Shannon not finish at the room so quickly, is there any like tips? Do you have any tips for him? Do you it's been a problem for him?
Speaker 2: Oh, Johnny Ky was talking about this that Finch had just described this strategy.
Speaker 4: Everybody knows that he has a hard time finishing too quickly at the rim.
Speaker 2: Right right?
Speaker 6: I would say, did Bill bring it up? Slow down?
Speaker 3: Was it Kurt Bills?
Speaker 2: I don't think it was Kurt Bills.
Speaker 5: Kurt Bills is sitting on eggs right.
Speaker 6: Now, slow down, take a break.
Speaker 2: Did did last night's game honestly change your prediction?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: Like I said, the Betty markets are reacting that this is now closer to a closer to a coin flip than it was twenty four hours ago. I went in thinking coin flip, coin flip. But also let me put a pin in it depending on.
Speaker 7: Who plays and who doesn't play, because if you don't have ant the entire series, I don't make totally different and you can't say, well, you're not a fan, you don't that.
Speaker 5: Right you have.
Speaker 2: That is a huge factor when you when you shorten the bench in the NBA playoffs, when it's like six or seven ish, maybe seven ish and you have Dante out, Io out and Ant out, that's three of your top seven, you're probably toast. But now you have Aunt back right, and Io hopefully is on the brink of being back, and then you're really just missing Dante, which, again, dude's a jack of all trades, right, can hit threes, can defend, makes energy plays.
Speaker 5: It sucks not.
Speaker 2: Having Dante for the rest of the postseason and most of next year, if not all of next year. That sucks absolutely, But he's not make or break for winning this series, right, ant ant is absolutely yep? All right, Vikings News in the second marks any of the final thoughts go ahead?
Speaker 6: No, I just still can't.
Speaker 7: I honestly look at the box score and Anthony Edwards played twenty five minutes. Anthony Edwards played twenty five minutes in the game, and we won.
Speaker 1: Pretty cool.
Speaker 5: Vikings News after this on the fan.
Speaker 1: Bonus Bucks is back on Cafe and we have nine chances for you to win one thousand dollars every weekday.
Speaker 2: That's every hour from nine am till five pm.
Speaker 1: Chrunch of the keywords and learn more to head over to Cafe dot com. Bonus Bucks is presented by big deck dot com.
Speaker 3: Thanks that Copart.
Speaker 4: In mornings to seven forty eight, Marty Gallarner's here breaking it all down with Corey Cove and.
Speaker 3: Cast one thousands. Actually cast her just a couple a cast a couples.
Speaker 5: Yeah's also be back tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Ugh, yeah, maybe he's especially in my neighbor.
Speaker 5: Now I may get your take.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you guys always wanted to be the neighbors.
Speaker 2: Well, we always thought we'd get an apartment together and see what happens. But uh, you know, kid, I think we'd kill each other within a week.
Speaker 3: Oh sure, sure that'd be fine. This it's time for Vikings us on the Power Trip, presented.
Speaker 2: By Actually have something I forgot to bring up with Ben yesterday, the Juwan Jennings update, or I guess the lack of an update. I was reading a story this morning saying like, look, he was here almost a week ago. I think it was exactly a week ago, wasn't it Tuesday and Wednesday last week. So he was here a week ago and still unsigned, not just with the Vikings but just in general. So I don't know what's going on there. Alec Lewis apparently wrote a story about how the idea was never necessarily to get him in the building and lock him up. It was more like, what are you looking for? Does our vision match your vision? Let's at least just get on the same page and see what we're doing. Apparently they did that a week ago. But hm, and much like we talked about before the draft, if you don't sign Juwan Jennings, then what is the plan with wide receiver three? Are we really gonna go into the season with ty Felton being number three? No offense to the kid, but he has no equity right right? I have no problem with him being wide receiver four or five and then working your way up to three. But we're gonna start the season with him? Is WI wide receiver three with almost no proven reps. I don't know about that.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna guess we liked him, you know, we know what he is, we know what he offers. I'm gonna guess he came in and we're like, here's the thing, You're awesome. We've got this amount of money and some sweet brownies. He's like, I like those brownies, right, that's not enough money. I'm gonna go look around a bit. If I can't find more money in brownies, I'll come back and eat your brownies.
Speaker 7: And what if the Vikings said, hey, we found some Scotcher rus.
Speaker 3: That might I don't know if we can afford the Scotch rules.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought Brazinski was good at his job. He can't move some money around and find some uh brownie mix or Scotcher rus or whatever the hell those are. Yeah, yeah, beat baboo fixed Exactly.
Speaker 3: They gave all the Scotch ruse to the little quarterback, the.
Speaker 2: Little quarterback Kyle Murphy as Rosie calls him. So, speaking of our wide receivers, did you see that our guy justin.
Speaker 5: Jefferson was that the metcalo?
Speaker 3: I did see that?
Speaker 2: How cool is that standing next to Joe Burrow dressed up wrapped in tinfoil? Exactly?
Speaker 5: No, that was Heidi Klin that.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I never know what she's a picture, but I didn't know what she was supposed to be because I didn't see a caption.
Speaker 2: Right, do you know?
Speaker 3: Did they buy see what she was supposed to understand?
Speaker 5: Like she was stuck in butter didn't get it?
Speaker 3: My gosh, yeah, what does it say?
Speaker 7: What she elatin dress? So Heidi Klumb's statue, hmm, veiled vestal statue?
Speaker 3: Oh she was a void?
Speaker 2: Was she supposed to be the statue of Liberty green?
Speaker 6: Concerning a vessel Virgin?
Speaker 5: I would guess, But why is everybody making statements?
Speaker 2: What is she trying to say? Though?
Speaker 4: I think she was just a statement to say, Uh, my virginity is intact.
Speaker 5: I beg the dif for her. Okay, she has kids?
Speaker 3: Okay, well maybe she had to reinstalled.
Speaker 7: Heidi Clum's ensemble paid homage to the eighteen forty seven sculpture by Raphael Monte The Veiled Vessel.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, one of the turtles.
Speaker 7: The original sculpture was commissioned in eighteen forty six, represents the vessel Virgin, the priestess of the ancient Roman gods, goddess Vesta.
Speaker 3: Right, there were six of them and Vesta was their leader.
Speaker 7: All right, Well, she's not super pretty in.
Speaker 2: This come on rendition, you know, Heidi klum Is sat in the exact seat you're sitting in right now.
Speaker 4: She has she had a baseball cat thought ye, and I played James Brown as she danced.
Speaker 3: It was the cutest thing.
Speaker 2: This is. I'm not exactly, I'm not We're not trying to like do hyperbole here. It was true, like stunning beauty because she she had made told it in right. She had like a victorious secret show later that day at Mall of America, some kind of whatever, big victorious secret events or something later. But she came in with a baseball cap on I think, almost no makeup, and you almost couldn't believe it was that stunning, Like geez, she's not even trying, and she's a thousand out of ten.
Speaker 3: I think she looked up pictures of our show. She's like, I'm not getting dressed up.
Speaker 6: For I'm going to my baseball cap show.
Speaker 3: And she was so dark.
Speaker 5: You didn't even try. She was super nice.
Speaker 7: That's what pretty women like you look, well, I mean like real pretty women like I.
Speaker 6: Want to thank you. I heard you real pretty women.
Speaker 2: When you put it on here that second part.
Speaker 6: No, I didn't hear you say.
Speaker 5: I don't even think I've ever.
Speaker 2: Seen you in makeup. You didn't hear that part.
Speaker 6: But you have like three times.
Speaker 3: Okay, you don't need it.
Speaker 4: Okay, somebody better night turn.
Speaker 7: No, makeup better better because you can just see that they just have the thing and everything's in the right spot. And even as they age, you're like, you're just pretty. Yeah, and then they put all the makeup on, You're like, it was better before. Heidi Clue is gorgeous. But this met Gala thing looks like when you're making like when you were in high school and you had to take art class and you had to make a paper mache something or other. But you had to take like the newspaper, the big chunk of newspaper and dip it in the wet stuff and then you laid it on something. That's what it looks like. But she did the whole thing, hair face everything.
Speaker 2: There was never a paper mache project that was worth it down. Whoever got an a was just the best of the lousiest, lousiest of the best. Every one of those projects was absolute trash. Should have thrown it right in the garbage. But the teachers had to say something nice about some.
Speaker 3: Of us if we wrapped a balloon.
Speaker 2: Yeah? Probably, Okay, what a waste? The bar is so low for kids. Just paper mache this balloon and that'll be the next two weeks of class. I'll give you an a.
Speaker 4: Do you think Picasso ever wrapped a balloon and uh and that stuff like in our class.
Speaker 3: When he was in school.
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: I don't think that triggered him. You know what, I'd like to be an autist.
Speaker 2: Paper mache like something that people actually do as adults.
Speaker 3: I don't think so. I don't think so either, only by accident.
Speaker 6: I'm crafty. People do for sure.
Speaker 5: But what do they do with it?
Speaker 2: Exactly?
Speaker 3: Yeah, make a mess is what they do.
Speaker 2: Make mac and cheese.
Speaker 3: What what?
Speaker 2: What? Man?
Speaker 7: Well, I can email you an article of twenty five cool adult paper mache crafts for home decor. I don't If you'd like the reason why I love zachar birds in trees and both the birds and the trees are made.
Speaker 2: That makes sense. The reason why I liked Zaxx drop in there. It's one of two things. Either it's a joke that went completely over the three of our heads, or he didn't know his micros and he just asked somebody to make mac and cheese. Maybe somebody's in his room and he just goes make mac and cheese. Yeah, exactly, it's.
Speaker 6: Joe o'donald in there.
Speaker 5: You're making him serve.
Speaker 2: You make mac and cheese. It wow. Anyway, So anyway back back to our wide receivers. So yeah, Justin Jefferson was at the Matt Gallop with a bunch of other celebrities and athletes and stars. But yeah, I don't know Juwan Jennings just mi a. So far he's just floating around, has not signed with anybody. I still think it would make a lot of sense.
Speaker 3: It would make all the sense in the world.
Speaker 2: That would be a pretty good group of three at the top with Jefferson and Addison and Juwan Jennings. Yep, it's pretty good.
Speaker 4: He's just waiting. He's waiting to see if everybody's got any more money for him. I think you will get him, seems right to me. Anything of that, Mars, that would be good.
Speaker 6: I'll take all the talent we can get.
Speaker 4: Well, the assault trial began for Stefan Diggs. Did you guys know he was on trial for assault?
Speaker 2: I saw the headline on the scroll on ESPN yesterday. Yeah, I didn't even understand it. I forgot about it all.
Speaker 4: Here's the weird headline race for my brain. Google News. Assault trial begins for former NFL player Stefan Diggs.
Speaker 2: Is he not on a team, right, he must be a free agent. Oh yeah, I don't think he's former. I mean he just played this year.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Former employee of Stefan Diggs to take the stand for a second day in NFL player's assault trial.
Speaker 6: This is for his chef, right, the live in chef.
Speaker 4: Woman who worked as a live in chef, that's right for Steffan Diggs is accusing the former New England Patriots wide receiver of assault and is expected to continue her testimony today, marked first day by sharply conflicting accounts of what happened inside his home. Jamila Adams, who goes by Mila, testified Monday the Digs slapped her and choked her during a dispute in December, leaving her struggling to breathe. Diggs's attorney told jurors the attack never happened, So yeah.
Speaker 6: That's so sad either way. And if there are no.
Speaker 7: You know, surveillance cameras or whatever in the house. Is this just going to be a this is my version, then this is my version, and they're both totally different.
Speaker 6: What do you do?
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, it's he said, She said, literally, Yeah.
Speaker 6: Then you just ask a jury, who do you believe?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Adams still jurors that Digs smacked me with an open hand before wrapping his arm around her neck. She described what she called a complicated employment dynamic, saying their relationship had previously been sexual, although not at the time of the alleged assault. M So, yeah, I don't know, but I uh, I guess depended upon how that goes. Stefan Diggs is apparently available as well.
Speaker 2: Similar followed, I believe in Italy with chef Jean Luca and Mark Rosen, I believe. I believe they're not on speaking terms any longer.
Speaker 3: They're no longer speaking.
Speaker 4: But the choking was completely Yeah, consensual, completely.
Speaker 5: Which again I'm not pro choking, but no, I'm at least.
Speaker 3: You're an average at best amateur.
Speaker 2: Got a long way to go, Chef Sean Luca.
Speaker 7: So, Stefan Diggs is a free agent. No, we don't know, No, no, not not us. But he'll he'll probably land. Sure, if you want to keep playing, he still.
Speaker 3: Gets the California Penal League.
Speaker 7: But I mean, how low does his price go and what kind of a team is like?
Speaker 2: Sure that maybe one was like a six foot five chef.
Speaker 6: Not just there.
Speaker 7: Because you know he's got other widely written about issues. I'm just saying, this is a lot for a team to take on. It's not just a wide receiver that you are bringing on your team.
Speaker 5: It might not be worth it is some team.
Speaker 7: Will You're saying, maybe you would be surprised if he didn't continue playing. I can see that if he's not in jail. You heard it here first, he might play.
Speaker 5: You never know.
Speaker 3: Let me see here, crap, where's that?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Here we go? The strength of schedule for the NFL.
Speaker 4: Teams five easiest schedules for twenty twenty six is going to be the Lions, the Saints, the Bengals and Browns, and the Jets, five hardest of rams out boys, the Panthers and Dolphins and Cardinals.
Speaker 3: Doesn't say where the oh, here we are? Where's the Vikings?
Speaker 4: At sixteenth right and smack literally smack dab in the middle of first drink of schedule makes sense.
Speaker 2: It's almost exactly where we finish.
Speaker 3: That's right there.
Speaker 2: You take.
Speaker 3: Gotta be coming out soon. Can't wait time?
Speaker 2: Make mac and cheese.
Speaker 3: You can do that. Please, Joe, make him something he stunned.
Speaker 5: The powers were returned after this home