Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on AM five seventy LA Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio while it's.
Speaker 2: The longest running afternoon sports show in the city. No congratulations necessary. All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed. This is Petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted.
Speaker 1: By Petros Papadacas, terrible person, He's the worst and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: The pipes, the pipes, the pipe.
Speaker 2: Don't miss an episode. We're with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, follow the Petros in Money Show wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadacus and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: The streets are safe in Philadelphia. It's only the people that make them unsafe.
Speaker 4: Tru Some Money and five seventy eight Sports live everywhere I Heart Radio app Doctors Phillies from the Galpamotors broadcast booth Tomorrow Game one, three thirty eight pm. Just heard the presser from show hal time. We played that, probably played again before the end of the show. Otani getting a start against Sanchez.
Speaker 3: We have a responsibility, Matt, this time of year to Dodger fans.
Speaker 4: We do.
Speaker 3: It's Dodger Radio.
Speaker 4: Listen. We're the home of the World Series champs, Dodgers, the biggest thing going when it comes to entertainment and all of Los Angeles. You see the crowds out there, You see the eight List celebrities. You know what the numbers are. My gosh, we're rolling millions of dollars because of this. Of course, we're going to share press conferences that are in two languages. It wouldn't make sense not to.
Speaker 3: No, it certainly wouldn't. But we're happy to be here. And for those of you asking about when the rosters are going to be delivered, that is tomorrow. Game day is when the rosters will come out. But Dave Roberts has already said Clayton Kershaw will be in the bullpen for the NLDS and they've given the pitching rotation. It is Otani Snell for game two, Yamamoto for Game three. And that is the latest. And we got football too, Matt, I mean, we got football, We got picks, and we got a college football whip around coming up. We have all kinds of stuff going on. But the Clemson North Carolina tomorrow is a Tim Kates game.
Speaker 4: You got a Dabbo who was nearly in tears after the last loss. You got Bill Belichick who looks like he's totally outmatched and nearly every game he's playing, so certainly head coaching storylines a plenty. Clemson was picked by a lot of folks. Yeah, not only make the playoffs, but make a big run of the playoffs. Yeah. I think. I feel like our friend Bruce Feldman had them clatt hanby going far winning at all, and they are absolutely terrible.
Speaker 5: Dabos Sweeney at his press conference this week. You'll hear this on the pregame show tomorrow. Dabo Sweeney says he's trying to get his players not to listen to the outside noise talk radio, the message boards, you know, social media, and he said on his way to work that day he was listening to Footloose.
Speaker 3: That's what he enjoyed. Loose, like the logins.
Speaker 4: Yes, hey, whatever whatever gets you passed a two touchdown loss to Syracuse, just knock that out here is good. Many. Coach Fran was I'll be.
Speaker 3: Talking about coach Fran. Where are my white children?
Speaker 4: Hey, pee, I just want to make sure just you know, cards on the table, face up. Coach Fran knocks off Clemson and then gets absolutely his ball stomped on by Duke Well at home in the Carrier Dome.
Speaker 3: Well, it's not that. Next thing you can tell me is Duke lost on the road and too late.
Speaker 4: It was like fifty to nothing the Carrier don't terrible. If it's still the Carrier Dome. Maybe it's a new sponsor. I don't know.
Speaker 3: No, I think it's still the Carrier Dome.
Speaker 5: By the way they pitch the coaching matchup tomorrow also the second time in the history of college football that a Super Bowl winning head coach and a colle football National Championship head coach square off against each other. Do you know the other time this has happened?
Speaker 4: Super Bowl? It'll be.
Speaker 3: Pete Carroll Harbaugh. But that's like retroactively it was Bill Walsh versus Joe Paterno.
Speaker 4: Three forty nine Penn State Stanford forty nine ers.
Speaker 3: Wow, cats, there you go. That's a crazy pregame information.
Speaker 4: More that coming at eight thirty am tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Right his words, the word of the day.
Speaker 3: Today's word of the day is Superba.
Speaker 4: Superbas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yesterday or two days ago, we're walking around Dodger Stadium and they have like a display of all the old hats and one of the corners of one of the where our Vince Gully Sweet is for the radio station. And I noticed that they had like the different hats over the years, and I I noticed that the bee hat from eighteen ninety nine to nineteen ten was not the Brooklyn Dodgers. They were called the Brooklyn Superbas. And we just mentioned it on the show and passing. I didn't know anything about it, and I still really don't. And somebody texted me today on the secret Textoso.
Speaker 6: Secret text DOSU fine, brought to you by your so Cal Toyota dealers.
Speaker 3: We make it easy that the Dodgers were named Superbas after a sponsoring cigar brand Popular. But that's not true. So I looked it up, and yeah, but I'm glad the guys said that because.
Speaker 2: Corrections and retractions.
Speaker 3: I thought that was interesting enough to look up, and I did look it up. The Brooklyn Superbas were the nickname for the Brooklyn Dodgers professional baseball team from eighteen ninety nine to nineteen ten. The name was given to the team by sports writers to link it to the popular Handlan Brothers acrobat Troop. Superba was the name of the Handlan Brothers Acrobat Troop as the team was managed by the renowned Ned Handlin, so they used his Ned Handlin had the same name as this Acrobat Troop. So the sports writers and back then that's that's how you would get your name. A sports writer would write something and then people would just kind of roll with it. That's how Trojans happened for USC. Before that, they were just known as the Methodists. The Superbas were very successful in that time with a roster of talented players and the Superba Handlan Brothers acrobatic act was such a contemporary attraction at the time that people referred to the games and the team as Handlan's Superbas because he was the manager. That's good superb information, man, I thought you would enjoy love it. That information. It is not it could be a cigar brand, uh and maybe it is, but that's not what it was named after. It was named after an acrobatic group well known as the Superbas. And you know acrobats that used to be a big thing. You know, you don't get the acrobat stuff, you know, but remember every cartoon used to have acrobats and like our circus deal.
Speaker 4: Video games acrobats circus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't see I don't see any Superba cigar brand. But you know what can I do?
Speaker 2: Time for the number? Here's my number number of the day.
Speaker 4: Twelve.
Speaker 6: This is a big one.
Speaker 4: Twelve, This is a big one. I took a blow this morning. Pee.
Speaker 3: How's that?
Speaker 4: The chosen people? Patriarch Abraham I barely knew the My inbox today contained a message from twenty three and meters an updated ancestry composition.
Speaker 3: Oh did you went? You went? And did it? Well?
Speaker 4: That's how I found out I was Jewish? Is I initially did it about a year and a half ago, and when it came back, you know that I was Ashkenazi Jewish.
Speaker 3: Yeah, twenty two I was like.
Speaker 4: How about that? That's a chunk.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: It was a very odd composition, though, you know, I was more French somehow on my father's side. My father's father's name was Henry Smith. My father's mother's name was Margaret Clark. Was basically told I was English Irish from that side Clark Smith. Yet somehow I was like thirty percent, friend, I was more French than anything else, like twenty four percent. Next up was two cents twenty two percent. And it turned out it was a family secret. On the Zudox side. My mother knew hid from her sons all those years, and I figured at twenty two percent, Well, that means my grandpa.
Speaker 3: And you did go home to Chicago with some blood in your eye, to Indiana, I should say, and yes, and got some You got some people a little upset, well high to life.
Speaker 4: So I assume my grandfather Frank was one hundred percent Jewish, but after coming to the States as a child, is family fleeing persecution in Hungary and chose to say no because they were Eastern Orthodox father Hungary and that's how we were raised. But my ancestry profile insisted no, he's much more jew than he let up. But today Pee, the picture was put into finer focus. What happened, Matt Well, French is gone.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that. Twenty three in me stayed after you like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think they they sent along this thing that said we have new Chene groupings in Eastern Europe and have updated your It says your results just got an upgrade version seven of our ancestry composition with a major expansion and reference of populations in Europe. So I am no longer I have zero French that is gone, which never made sense in the first place. My old man was like, I don't know what to tell you. I am forty percent English, Welsh, Irish, mostly English. The rest of the French bs was allocated to Swiss and Austrian for the fifty percent of my father's bloodline. My mother the home of my Jewishness.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was you. You went, you know, got after her family. Why you slipped on its head? It's been flipped on its head, peeple, what happened? Well, I'm barely Croatian, which is what she told me growing up. I was more than anything. After all that, After all of that, the new not that modrich fanfair.
Speaker 4: Right, After all of that, my new numbers say, I am now twenty five percent Slovenian, Hungarian and Polish, the other twenty five percent. As the famous Yiddish proverb says, the katsu legenaer VOLTSI given a hun. If a cat laid eggs, it would be a hen. My twenty three percent Ashkenazi Jewishness has been more than halved to just eleven percent.
Speaker 3: You still got eleven.
Speaker 4: The other twelve is now classified as Bulgarian Romanian Albanian.
Speaker 3: Well, you know you weren't hustling to get home before sundime the other night either. You know, it's not well.
Speaker 4: Listen, I looked in the mirror this morning and I was like, I don't even know who this guy is. Should I still follow through with my arments for the schedule? And as you mentioned, so.
Speaker 3: Alls and retracts, because I mean I've never met anybody who went had a twenty three and meters report and made more about it on air than you, right, I mean for years so now, and I got all excited yesterday.
Speaker 4: You know, I figured the high holiday, I'm working, the Sabbath, I eat, I get food poisoning from eating.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you did get sick yesterday.
Speaker 4: You know, the sex in the morning, the leather pants I was wearing, the what I figured. You know, they were all coming after me.
Speaker 1: Poor.
Speaker 4: I guess it was just coincidence.
Speaker 5: Here you go, man, here's some of your music for you and your folks.
Speaker 4: The God of the Torah, the God of the Old Testament. Still you are concerned with my I don't know. I'm eighty nine percent gentile, p down from eighty I mean, I mean down from seven. I was twenty two percent. I was like, Hey, I'm like, I'm like Jewish man.
Speaker 3: You were a surfer jew with an attitude.
Speaker 4: Yeah, now I'm having an existential crisis.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the club.
Speaker 4: What do I do with the star of David Pendon I've been wearing?
Speaker 3: I would I'd like, I need some xanax, That's what I do.
Speaker 5: Can we start doing some Polish jokes? Now at you man, since you're mostly polic.
Speaker 4: Well, no you can't, but now I can't.
Speaker 5: How many maths does it take to change the light?
Speaker 4: Bull? Huh says right here? Eighteen point one percent Hungarian, Slovak and Southern Polish seven point two percent Slovenian.
Speaker 3: How uh? How I mean? I know twenty three and me is not what they used to be, But how uh? How accurate is this?
Speaker 4: Most? Well? You know, I thought it was pretty damn accurate when I was twenty three percent ash Konazi Jewish. Yeah, but now well now most point two percent Portuguese? So why not that going for me?
Speaker 3: Hard enough? Just to be yourself?
Speaker 2: This is the song of the day.
Speaker 7: A repiece la band called The Wallows provides our song of the day, called deep Dive, a fine fit for a Frogman Friday, where the Petros and Money Show is taking that deep dive, like Matt Smith, into the vast oceanic underwater world of mystery and wonder as the currents of the sea carry us through four full hours of Gray eight sports talk and right into your nightly programming on the Fox Sports Radio Network, beginning with The Jason Smith Show this evening at seven o'clock.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm not saying I never bought Matt as a full on Jewish guy. He's always seemed like more of an Eastern European blockhead to me. I'll believe you mean well, mag you know it caught me by surprise. You don't have to see you. You don't have to say goodbye to I mean, you're still in there. It's not all gone, h I mean, eleven percent not bad. But when I'm forty percent bloke, you should see what people's faces are like when I tell him I'm only half green what We'll be right back with the College Football Whipper Outdeck.
Speaker 1: We've made it even easier to take LA Sports with you this summer. Make AM five to seventy or your favorite AM five seventy LA Sports podcast. A preset on the iheartradiop using Apple car Play or Android.
Speaker 4: Autumn road Trip all Summer with LA Sports. Bet Bulch will join us in about an hour. If you missed his piece in the LA Times, some concern over Martin Jarman continuing to be the athletic director, could see a plane flying over the Rose Bowl tomorrow when they take on Penn State, suggesting perhaps he's not up for the job. Moving forward, David Vasse, if you missed it, also in the six o'clock hours, we got a full four hour show ahead of you.
Speaker 3: All right, Matt, Yes, we will talk to Ben Boltch, but we'll do the college football whip right here. The echo you hear bouncing around the canyons of southern California is my voice from August. Back then. I was warning the USC fans and all the Midwest transplant college fans we live out here in LA that USC had made a grave scheduling. Air Playing those two cupcakes to start the season left them unprepared versus Illinois last week. Missouri State and Georgia Southern can't provide the physicality or the confidence that USC needed to get ready for the season. They needed to face something different than what they did. I'm not saying they would have beaten Illinois. I'm saying, at least us he might have not gotten their asses kicked on both sides of the line of scrimmage in champagn or Banna. Now with three games against Michigan, Notre Dame, so Michigan here at Notre Dame at Nebraska, does anyone think the Trojans are built or prepared to deal with those teams?
Speaker 4: For me, certainly, not all three of them.
Speaker 5: No much.
Speaker 3: Here's a proverb from the Bible. Iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another. USC has spread out offensively and has been the whole time. Lincoln Riley is from the Mike Leach coaching tree, knowing that how often or how well does USC practice for physical teams, they don't practice against it. I don't think it'll take long to answer that question. They're on a bye week before Michigan comes to town. They knew Michigan quarterback Bryce Underwood would be making his fourth or fifth career start. But he's an elite runner, and he's very physical, and he'll be operating behind a very physical offensive line. So I'll pick this one in next week's whip Last week's picks were four and three, so I'm fifteen and eleven overall, not much, eh, tryumph. My three underdogs hit last week Alabama, Ucla, and Colorado who the born again, but Iowa State was my only favorite that covered. So without further ado, let's get this week's college football whip picks. Cracking Wisconsin is two and two at Michigan number twenty three and one, nine am on Fox, Big Blue. Favored by seventeen and a half. The Wolverines will feast on the Badgers before their trip to La. I'm on record as being critical of Luke Fickle's squad, especially his inability to find or develop a quarterback. The aforementioned Bryce Underwood will control the game with his legs and arms. I expect Michigan to play their best game of twenty twenty five. I will take Michigan minus the seventeen and a half points whack Colorado two and three not helpless at TCU three and one, four point thirty pm on Fox. The Frogs are favored by thirteen and a half. The Buffaloes were able to stay in last week's game versus BYU and cover the six and a half points in fulsome field, but this week will be different. The Frogs are back home and I'm expecting more from quarterback Josh Hoover. TCU Blue a seventeen nothing lead at ASU last week and lost twenty seven to twenty four. Hoover made a handful of bad decisions with hurt the Frogs, which hurt the Frogs cause. But one of my string themes of twenty twenty five, Matt has been the deon. Sanders might not be bringing the same fire and energy at Colorado, and it's understandable. I mean, he's without a bladder. The roster turnovers got got sponsored on the side. Yeah, depends the roster turnover and his health gave him a very, very busy offseason. I feel fortunate that Seu covered for me last week, and I'm taking the Frogs minus thirteen and a half number seven Penn State. We're going to talk to Ben Boltch in our next hour. An hour from now three and one at UCLAO and four. This is a twelve thirty game on CBS. Nitney Lions favored by twenty four and a half. Who The Nitney Lions have landed in LA with their tails between their legs, A valiant fourth quarter performance to force overtime, and then they blew last week's game to Oregon and Happy Valley, and James Franklin had to swallow another loss against a top ten team. He's four and twenty one in those situations now. But not to worry. Ucla is zero and four and probably won't be ranked again this decade. Penn State will take out its anger on the Bruins at the Rose Bowl with a comprehensive ass kicking. I wouldn't be shocked if Penn State doesn't hang sixty plus on Ucla. Give me Penn State minus the twenty four and a half. Miami is four and oh they're number three in the country at number eighteen. Florida State three and one. I remember when this used to be Bobby Bowden versus Cocher or Butch Jones. What a matchup four point thirty on ABC. I love the eighties and nineties when Bobby Bowden's knowles would always miss a field goal wide right or wide left and lose this game. Everybody would freak out and muss Burger would have a heart attack. Miami leads the all time series thirty six to thirty three, but Matt, this rivalry is not what it used to be when we were younger. It has fallen on hard times and that's a damn shame. In the twenty twenties, well, all of the all of the blue bloods in Florida been down, you know, Florida State, Yeah, Miami and Florida. I mean, none of them have been consistent since Tim Tebow. I mean when these teams played in twenty twenty one and twenty twenty two, neither team was even ranked. But now Mario Christobal has Miami nearly all the way back, but the Canes need to start making playoff appearances before he gets full credit. Florida State is a middling program, but Mike Norvell has done a good job so far this season, climbing back from the two to ten disaster last season and this year's season opening Florida State's a big win over Alabama has given Norvell a lot of value in Tallahassee. But I'm gonna ride the home team favorite tomorrow, even though they don't play near the university. I've got Miami minus four and a half points flat. This one's interesting, Matt, Texas number nine, Remember arch Manning.
Speaker 4: Sounds vaguely familiar.
Speaker 3: At Florida one in three twelve thirty on Spen, the Horns are favored by four and a half. Texas is coming off of bye. Maybe that's what that must be why we haven't heard him Arch in a wie.
Speaker 4: That makes sense.
Speaker 3: Texas is coming off of bye. So all the eyes will be back on arch Manning. Yeah, and he'll be in the swamp to see if he can improve his level from a slow start in twenty twenty five. Because of the Gators one in three record, this visit from the Horns has become a must win game for Billy Naps and the Florida program. Olden Naps, Billy Napier and his staff have been getting dragged hard across social media all season, and his coaching future, I'm sure you can imagine Matt has been very, very heavily criticized. I'm going to take the Gators to respond to pressure and criticism at Florida, and I will take Florida plus four and a half. That is my pick. Texas loses in Florida or doesn't win by that much.
Speaker 4: Faith and Nates, That's what I'm here and.
Speaker 3: There exactly go back to Austin Arch and you know what, I feel kind of stupid forever falling into the Arch Manning hype Tornado.
Speaker 4: You talk to people and they all said, guys measureables, athlete, big arm.
Speaker 3: You know, I know.
Speaker 4: It's not like you were alone on that island. Like no, I believe in the Mannings. You know, everybody was pretty much into it.
Speaker 3: I was. I said that he's not good, and I saw him in that spring game and I said, this isn't going to work. It reminded me of Nate Montana at Washington. And he's better than that. I mean, he's better than Nate Montana at Washington. But I wish I would have stuck to my story a little bit more, yeah, and not been like, oh, Texas will be great. Arch is there. He's there. I mean, he doesn't look like a guy who's been in the program for three years right when he plays. But we'll see, you know, he can improve as the year goes on and really step it up, So we shall see. All right, this is a big one. Who would ever thought number sixteen Vanderbilt five right and talking s right, and if Vandy was anybody but Vandy in the SEC and they were five and zero. They would be higher than number sixteen, which is part of the reason that the rankings are so stupid. At number ten Alabama, Alabama's ranked six spots ahead of them. They're three and one twelve thirty ABC. The Tide is favored by ten and a half. Speaking of Alabama, Caylen de Boor and the Tide have bounced back from that FSU loss. Now coming off a huge win in Athens. Many might be expecting a let down from Alabama after such a big roadmin But Vandy beat Bama last year in Nashville, and you remember how much that pissed everybody off in the traditional SEC world.
Speaker 4: Oh, it was incredible. It's one of the greatest moments of any college football season ever.
Speaker 3: It was pretty good. And you know, Caylen Debor has been holding that embarrassing loss over his own head and his players' heads. I think they're in a better position with our offensive coordinator this year, but clark Lee's Commodores are playing well enough the last two years to get clark Lee another job. He is a former UCLA assistant coach along with ed O Jeron and Lane Kiffin. I'm sure his name will be thrown out there for UCLA fans to really get behind. But we'll talk to Ben Bultch about it. I mean, how good of a job is this at UCLA? How much how much support do you have if your modern day UCLA? I mean, do you want to leave Vanderbilt? I know Vanderbilt kind of a precarious situation as well, but you're still making SEC money.
Speaker 4: I don't know Nashville.
Speaker 3: I mean when Ben Boltch when we were in Marongo and Ben Bulch mentioned that Lane Kiffin will to come back out to the West, I was like, no, the more I think about that, No, no, not at all. You know, he's got a boat, he's happy anyway.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's an SEC guy.
Speaker 3: I'm taking Alabama minus ten and a half black dwack dlack.
Speaker 5: By the way, Clark Lee's first job coaching, you know where it was at, not UCLA, as a Gaklu assistant coach at Harvard Westlake High School.
Speaker 4: Whoa twenty years ago in two thousand and five.
Speaker 3: How about that my off the menu prop from last week nose dived on me, Matt that both teams moved the ball up and down the field, but TCU at ASU did not combine for fifty four and a half points. As I predicted, both teams literally tinkled away points multiple times inside the ten yard line. Very depressing. I felt like an Illinois fan watching that USC game with the two fumbles going into the goal line. But this week's prop will be simple. I'm predicting a great night in fres No as the foreign and I hope to get up to Fresno this year. Matt and I will drive. How long does it take to Fresno.
Speaker 4: I'd see you can get there about three and a half.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna drive to Fresno. Who flies to Fresno?
Speaker 4: U There is a there is a flight out of lax I think American, but this is uh, this is me talking like six years ago when Peyton got recruited by them and we went up and I was like, let me check flights, and there was there was one. It was either United or America. I want to go to Fresno and watch them play the foreign one. Bulldogs host Nevada and the undefeated nineteen eighty five team will be honored. The eighty five Fresno team was coached by Jim Sweeney and his son Kevin was the quarterback.
Speaker 3: Pat Hill was the O line coach. Only a twenty four to twenty four tie against Hawaii kept that Fresno team from a twelve to zero record. How about that.
Speaker 4: Two hundred and forty eight miles pee as all it is? I mean from our PV. Well, I'll have to drive to RPV first.
Speaker 5: I get you out at ten thirty five am tomorrow morning, NonStop, one hour and twenty four minutes.
Speaker 3: Oh, it takes a lot less time than that for five hundred and thirty four dollars five hundred.
Speaker 4: You know, those regional jets get a little pricy.
Speaker 3: I'm just tomorrow though, Yeah, I would be. I would drive, of course I wouldn't have to pay the five hundred either. My picks, I'm taking mostly favorites Michigan, TCU, Penn State, Miami and Alabama all minus the points, and just one dog Florida plus the points. Does fruit in Losuegos? Everybody enjoy the games coming up next? Matt the lessons learning great Sports.
Speaker 4: Oh, there we go.
Speaker 3: Do you think we might get a Champagne Bazuoka in there? Forget the Champagne Supernova, the David Vasse Champagne Bazuka.
Speaker 4: Let's the exclusive.
Speaker 3: We'll be right back with more petros and money on M five seventy I Sports.
Speaker 2: Hello, PMS listener.
Speaker 1: Did you know AM five seventy LA Sports has a wide range of LA sports podcasts.
Speaker 2: There's Rogan and Rodney, That one is my favorite, Dodger Talk.
Speaker 1: With David Vasse, the Dodger Podcast of record, Clipper Talk without a Musk, follow us all and many more. Just go to AM five seventy LA Sports on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: Bet throw some money in five to seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app bic. Thank you to David vass still to come. Then both wrote a compelling piece in today's La Times about the pressure being put on Martin Charman as athletic director at UCLA, detailing some of his missteps and how there may be a push to push him out. He will join us in the next hour, right around five thirty p m.
Speaker 3: All right, Matt it is And that was a very fruitful week of great sports talk, A lot of trips to doctor sports talk, a lot of speculation, a lot of innuendo, more questions and answers than some answers to those questions. Let's revisit it all with the lessons learned a samk Twitter about tell pension.
Speaker 8: I guess he delivered a really sick Burns with no concerns.
Speaker 3: The sense lesson while.
Speaker 4: Let's say on.
Speaker 3: With every Laker media day, Geeter McGhee has to drop in while Lebron is talking and say something that the kids would say is cringe.
Speaker 8: How competitive and hard it is. And the mental challenge, which I love. Anything that's mentally challenging I love. Well, how just you just get away from the world. You out there on the green, no phones, no phones. My phone stays in the cart the whole time. I check it from time to time. But it's just like I play my music. I'm out there with my guys. You out there and just in the world, and Uh, I can lose my mind into the game of golf.
Speaker 3: Media can't find you, Lebron is.
Speaker 2: Media, Media can't find you Lebron.
Speaker 4: It's it's the best we've ever got from him.
Speaker 3: Media.
Speaker 4: Let's rage. It's better than that. Make me want to come back. It's it's really something.
Speaker 3: It is, Uh, break bread with the King. Media can't find you, Lebron. If I'm Geeter, I'm I got my arms propped against the sink and looking at myself in the bear after that one pretty hard.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what am I doing? What's wrong with.
Speaker 3: What I do every day?
Speaker 4: Unless it too Uh, let's say.
Speaker 3: Dalton Rushing joined the show, didn't get a lot of action in the wildcard round, but he joined the show anyway, and it's very prominent discussion after the way the Padres game ended last night against the Cubs and Wrigley. But Matt asked him about the robot up.
Speaker 9: There's gonna be both sides to it. I think it's gonna be good for the game. It's also gonna be some things that guys don't like. I think some.
Speaker 2: Pitchers believe they deserve parts.
Speaker 9: Of the strike zone that not every picture is gonna get, or not every pitcher gets. I don't agree nor disagree with them.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 9: Some guys played this game for a really long time and they've earned the right to have that part of the strike zone. And I think, honestly, I do think the challenge system is gonna take a little bit of the heat off umpires. It's gonna add a little bit, gonna make them a little more responsible for their job. You're kind of gonna get shown up if you miss a bad one. But at the same time, I think the human nature of baseball is something that's been around since this game's obviously started. So I do think there's gonna be some people upset with it.
Speaker 3: Good stuff and a good answer that wasn't a platitude filled answer. That was very good though.
Speaker 4: I mean talking about guys like Blake Snug gonna get pissed off if he's getting squeezed, right, I mean, that's good insight from Dalton Rushing.
Speaker 5: I just think if we didn't have Dalton Rushing on, we could have got that usc top story in the entire thing there.
Speaker 3: Huh, well, we got.
Speaker 4: It all in it. Oh we did, Okay, we did. Okay, it's sandwiched. It was the bread that the Dalton rushing.
Speaker 3: Whatever to make it sure. He gave up two runs. No, he did it. It's there. It's a stupid yot lesson three, uh, Lexi and Chase you.
Speaker 4: Don't though, let's say on eight today.
Speaker 3: So all right, here it is the film to our corner. We have scorchy Connie Stevens as a cop talking to her subsperiod.
Speaker 6: It's taken me two years to get it this far.
Speaker 2: Come on, Frank, another two weeks isn't going to kill us, is it?
Speaker 3: Come on, Jackie, you've been having the ball of your life the last two years, back and forth of Europe flying Philip and his wife. The jet said screwing.
Speaker 4: You know, Jackie, sometimes I'm not too damn sure that you remember your a cop.
Speaker 3: All I care is I want as a heroine?
Speaker 1: You got it?
Speaker 3: Get your ass off my desk here, go on home, get some sleep. You look like you know something. You're one of the last of the good guys, Frank, but you need him?
Speaker 2: What a good blow job? Will you get out of here?
Speaker 4: We report peace?
Speaker 2: Chief?
Speaker 3: You're a fruitcake? There it goes fruitcake? Yet? Why can't why we blink that out? You can't call her?
Speaker 4: I feel like you can call him a We just said it twice, Yes not lesson for lexion quadtrum Let's a quack.
Speaker 3: You talked about it on Tuesday. It came to fruition on Tuesday, and then reckoning came on Wednesday. Let me walk in like a rooster. I am styling seven innings, nine strikeouts, winning game one. WHOA, that's right? Snell Zilla baby.
Speaker 4: Congratulations, we should play the whole thing. I am walking in strutting lock a roosters.
Speaker 3: Let me walk in like a rooster.
Speaker 1: I am styling seven innings, nine strikeouts.
Speaker 3: Winning game one. Whoa, that's right, snell Zilla baby? Who lesson five?
Speaker 2: LEXI on quadroo?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: Let's say on a chink? Quiz more?
Speaker 3: Dave getting bolowed at Dodgers.
Speaker 6: Dad here, Yeah, Dave, I still can't get over it.
Speaker 3: Do you want an exclusive?
Speaker 4: Dave?
Speaker 5: I saw a different angle of it over sports in La last night, trying at the other angles right, trying and repeat it again?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Dad, you want the ex Who's it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: He doubles him, Mom, like it was you know you thought they got after Danielle after they swept his leg.
Speaker 4: I mean it was uh Tryning was on a mission. Dino Evil even picked up on it and started blasting him in the face with some.
Speaker 3: Egel came around. I was like, God, he does that too, saw like a big chuchu train well made the Dodgers take that great energy to Philadelphia, Yeah, and see if they can get a victory tomorrow game. What of the NLDS is tomorrow? First pitch at three thirty eight. We'll be right back with two more hours of great sports talk, starting with the top story of the day, where Matt measured Matt positivity. Smith coming your way next