Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball. One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball. Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 2: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 3: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can't they printing money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 4: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 2: Now your pregame host of the world champion LA Dodgers tam Cats.
Speaker 6: Hi, everybody, and welcome to Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck. I hope you're staying cool on this Friday, July the thirty first. It is a hot one here in Southern California or Los Angeles. Dodgers sixty nine and forty on this season, first place atop the NL West.
Speaker 4: They have got a cool twelve.
Speaker 6: Game lead in the division over the Diamondbacks after taking two or three from the Mariners to start the homestand tonight they welcome into Boston Red Sox for a three game weekend set and the Dodgers will go with a bullpen game in this series. Opener at Gardo Enriquez will be the opener. First pitch from Uniclowfield at Dodger Stadium is coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 4: Between then and now, we had a lot to get to.
Speaker 6: Here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, you are gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. Coming up about forty five minutes. We'll here from Mookie Betts as well. We'll also get to the latest Dodgers' injury news as another Dodger reliever has gone to the injured list.
Speaker 4: More on that coming up.
Speaker 6: David Bess will join us throughout the hour. We got your Dodgers' magical Moment. We'll visit with Kirsten Watson from Sports and at LA we got your Otani rewind and in just a few minutes we will check in, of course with Charlie Steiner and Rick Monday out at the Galloping Ford broadcast.
Speaker 4: Both well.
Speaker 6: Last night, no show, hey, no problem for the Dodgers as they sunk the Mariners.
Speaker 4: Rookie Sasaki got the start.
Speaker 6: A right hander came in with back to back good starts forceding him in New York, and he picked up right where he left off, dominating the Mariners for five innings. The Dodgers offense while got after Mariner starter Brian wu early and often in the first the first two batters reached base.
Speaker 4: Then three batters later, Mookie a.
Speaker 7: One pitch that swings lines at the left. That's a base shit that's gonna split the outfielders and go to the wall. Edmund comes into score. Pie has being waved around here comes to relay. It's cut off. Pie has scores and Nookie betts with a two run double. The Dodgers take a two to nothing lead here in the bottom of the first.
Speaker 4: Inn, two run double for Mookie.
Speaker 6: That's the top tier play the game, brought to you by Arco quality, top tier guys for less Dodgers a two to nothing lead. In the fourth, Dodgers added again Kyle Tucker a one out walk to Oscar Hernandez an infield single.
Speaker 4: Next batter about Dalton Rushing.
Speaker 7: A one pitch swung on hammer deep to right field. This ball's back. It is gone in the Seattle Pulpenn Dulton Rushing a three run shot for the Rodger catcher in his five and nothing home run number twelve for Rushing. He does a bit of crushing here.
Speaker 6: Tonight Hey three run home run for Dalton, a four hundred foot shot into the Maritors bullpen. Dodgers in control of five to nothing. Sasaki was having his way through five innings, allowing just two hits, but in the sixth he got touched up a little had a little bit problems with his control. In RBI double bases loaded walk, Dodgers' lead was down to five to two. Sasaki would leave with one out in the six traffic on the base pass. However, Jack Tryer came in got the final two outs, no damage done. In the bottom of the six, Dodgers got one of those runs back on a solo home run from Taoscar Hernandez. Dodgers up six to two. Jack Dryer at Guardo Enriquez combined to pitch the seven. Ten Or Scott put up a zero.
Speaker 4: In the eighth.
Speaker 6: The ninth belonged to Edwin Diaz and the Trumpets. He put up a zero ballgame over. Dodgers sink the Mariners last night, six to two to win the series.
Speaker 4: Roki Sasaki gets the win.
Speaker 6: Dalton Rushing and ta Oscar Hernandez both go deep Bookie.
Speaker 4: Drives in impair. Dodgers take two to three from Seattle.
Speaker 6: They're now sixty nine and forty on this season unreal twelve games up in the NL West. The Homestead continues tonight with the start of a three game series against the Boston Red Sox, a bullfin game for the Dodgers. First pitch at seven ten and with more We head out to the Galping for broadcast booth on this warm Friday night as we say hello to Charlie Steiner and Rick Monday.
Speaker 8: Guys, All right, tim, After the Dodgers take two of three from the Mariners. This is game one hundred and ten, and on the final day of July, the Dodgers' magic number is forty two and they begin a big three game series with the Boston Red Sox. We're left for dead by the end of May, and then all of a sudden June and July they have burst on to the scene. They've won seven of their last ten twenty five of thirty since the twenty fifth of June. So this is gonna be a real barn burd of the Dodgers played a lot of pretty good team not so good teams. This is going to be a very interesting weekend.
Speaker 9: Already this year at Charlie, the Boston Red Sox have been two different stories and you start to look at their staff. Yes, they have an interim manager now, Chad Tracy. They also have six interim coaches. So you talk about, well, which way they're going to go. What they have done is that they have held their own. They're knocking on the door. Yes, they trail in the American League Eastern Division, but they keep going up and up as far as the wild card and there's the log jam really in both leagues for wildcard position. But it's going to be interesting to see what happens. Because you rattle off the numbers and the Boston Red Sox, I think any team that believes in themselves as they do right now, they're dangerous teams.
Speaker 8: They've won twenty five to thirty the Red Sox. Boston started playing professional baseball in nineteen oh one. They have never had a thirty game span in their history like this one.
Speaker 9: Yeah, fan has cut the attention of just about everyone. And Tonight's going to be a bullpen game for this Dodger. Bunk Cliff go back to last night very very quickly. Again, we're seeing now a different right hander. He was good, he was terrific in the first five innings, lost the command, in particular that split finger fast ball in the sixth the Dodgers went to the bullpen. But for rokus Osaki, he's just pitching differently. He's pitching with confidence, saying he's attacking the strike zone and as if he's saying to the hitters, I dare you to hit this.
Speaker 8: He struck out seven and five and a third And now his eer trending in the right director four sixty four has been much higher than that just a month.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and the confidence level is just by leaps and bounds, it has gotten much much better. And tonight we're going to find out what happens. A little different lineup also because Miguel Rojas will bat in the three spot, He's at second base, kykicker, and this is going to be at third base against Ranger Swoarez, the left hander, and Eliezer Alfonso will be doing the catching and batting the nine spot. But this is the Dodger ball club. Now we're beginning to see some life and in a lot of the bats.
Speaker 8: Elle either Alfonso will be batting ninth and only left handed hitters in the lineup tonight for the Dodgers, and that is Fretty Freeman and show, hey Otani, make that three, Kyle Tucker. And so you want to have a right handed lineup, which the Dodgers do, and that's why Miguel Rojas batting third, you almost never see that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think it's going to be enjoyable. I think to see him in that number three spot. Guys get on and Paz and Otani right there, and then he got the big part of the lineup. So Rojas has also held his own against Suarez, where he's six for twenty one with a couple of doubles.
Speaker 8: Dodgers in Red Sox a person of a very interesting pre game series. We'll talk about the pitching matchup. It's going to be a bullpen game for the Dodgers, the lefty Rangers. Swar is going for the Red Sox.
Speaker 6: Tim all right, thank you, Charlie. We call you down the first pitch. On this Friday night, Dodger fans, get that game day meal on. It's Shaky's Pizza Parlor. Order your Shaky's Pizza Chicken. Emojo's right now. A Shakys dot com coming up here on Morongo Casino. Dodgers on Neck you'll hear from Mookie Beds David bad say it joins us throughout the hour, we'll hear from the manager, Dave Roberts, coming up in about forty minutes. We'll also dive deeper to this pitching matchup. But I'm next curious to Watson from Sports and at LA. We'll stop by. We'll lead you up to Dodgers and the Boston Red Sox, the start of a three game interleague series from the Ravine. First pitch coming up in seven ten. I'm Tim Katson's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network. Hi, it's held honey.
Speaker 1: This is Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 4: Listen to every game on the hight Hut Radio up show.
Speaker 6: Hey Otani, thank you very much. Yeah, you can listen right here on the iHeartRadio app. And Sirius XN. Dodgers on Deck continues lead you up to the Dodgers and the Red Sox. Says it's a Bullpenn game for the Dodgers. They'll go with an opener and then the Rangers. Swore is the veteran left hander on the mound for Boston. First pitch coming up at seventen.
Speaker 2: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 6: Hey Kirson now joins us from the ravine brought to by Cars for Kids. The easiest way to donate that old car. Donate today and that car could be picked up tomorrow. That easy donate now. Cars for Kids Dot Organized Cars with the k All right here we are Kyle Tucker. Bobblehead Night for the Dodgers.
Speaker 10: It sure is, and for Kyle it's gonna be a special one. It's his first one as a Dodger, and you know, he and his wife Samantha, these are really cool moments for them, so they're actually a part of tonight at sharing it with his foundation, the Kyle Tucker Foundation. So we have some individuals out here from UCLA Health and just from hospice over there, because his foundation has a focus on supporting those on the back end of their lives and receiving the proper care. It's something that was inspired but for him just by his grandfather was very sick and passed away back in twenty twenty three, So this is something that's very close to his heart. So he's excited to be able to share this night with so many who are helping those you know as they pass away peacefully, I think is a way of saying that, so this will be a fun one. He's also looking to get back on track. We have seen some emotions from Kyle that have been a little bit more frustrated and more expressive that I think we've seen from him this year through the ups and down. So I was asking him about that, and he was saying that, you know where he's struggling right now, which just there were times where it's not often you get a mistake from a picture in general, and when you're missing the mistakes, that's where he's getting frustrated. And he's found that in the last few at bats he's had, he's truly been missing those mistakes from the pictures, things that have balls that have been right down the middle once he normally either slug or just hit for power. And that's where he's felt like he's just missing a little few things right now. So I told him that good things happen on Bible head days typically for guys, and so he's hoping that it will be for him as well.
Speaker 4: Let's hope.
Speaker 6: So as far as the pitching is concerned, though for the Dodgers, you look at who's starting and it's an opener and Gardo en Rica, So what's the plan.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so what this means is they're going to go with a traditional bullpen game.
Speaker 4: They did get some.
Speaker 10: Support so Brock Stewart, unfortunately, I had to go onto the IL with just some shoulder sowredness. So we know it's been a tough few years for him just going up and down with injury. But because he's feeling it gives some time to reseat and allows for the Dodgers to.
Speaker 4: Make a move.
Speaker 10: So they have Cole Irvin who's going to be activated. Cole was in camp with the Dodgers. He's been at the chiple A level. He primarily takes down starts and obviously he's got big league experience and it's actually his first time getting back to the big league since twenty twenty four, So this is definitely going to be a big moment for Cole. But he's someone who can provide length. His last outing, I believe he got to like ninety ninety two pitches, so if they need he is available. But Dave didn't say that he's going to come out necessarily immediately right after Edgardo, but they do expect him to take down some innings in this game tonight.
Speaker 6: It's a bullpen game for the Dodgers. Ranger Sorez goes for the Red Sox. Just how hot are these Red Sox?
Speaker 10: Yeah, you know, the Red Sox have been on fire. If if you look at the American League, you know, it's interesting because the Red Sox are third in the AL East, but they're tied for third in all of the American League. And they're in a position where I was actually talking to their reporter to my webster, and he was saying, you know, they're having a fun summer. You know, they had the best record in baseball since July third, and so for them, they're coming into this team, They're coming into Dodger Stadium, where you know, teams want to play well. They're hoping that they're the final team standing in the American League come October. Dave Roberts today was saying, though, you know, they're not really looking too far ahead in regard to this matchup, but it will be interesting to see just how hot exactly are the Red Sox. And so they're going up against a team that has now won four straight series since coming off of the All Star Break and the Dodgers are playing for baseball, so I think you're having fun.
Speaker 2: One.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's always fun when these two teams come together.
Speaker 4: Now, let's be honest, no doubt about it. I rematchined that twenty eighteen World Series Kirs. We appreciate. We'll check out with you after the game.
Speaker 6: So they come here a Wrongo because you know, Dodgers on Deck will preview this bitching matchup. They have Avata goes one on one with the skipt for Dave Robbers.
Speaker 4: But I'm next.
Speaker 6: We'll get you an injury report and we'll hear from Mookie Beets. We lead you up to Dodgers and Red Sox first pitch of seven ten. I'm Tim kas Is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers Hunting's.
Speaker 1: A game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Hits the Dodgers and up Boston Red Sox as Marongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck continues Marongo Casino Resort and Spa a Grand Slam for good times. The Dodgers will see three left handers in a row from the Red Sox. Rangers Swarez the Venturer will be on the Mounta tonight. Dodgers gone with an opener tonight.
Speaker 4: Ya'm a moto.
Speaker 6: We'll get the start tomorrow FONO by Imachan. But tonight it is all hands on deck in a bullpen game at Guardo Enriquez will serve as the obray pitch last night in relief as well. First pitch coming up at sevent ten.
Speaker 2: It's the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 6: Report presented by UCLA Healthy official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Brock Stewart back to the injured list, Yes, right shoulder discomfort. More on this with David Bassey coming up in just a few minutes. Brock Stewart just can't stay healthy. When he's been healthy, he's been good. But he just can't stay healthy. He can't stay on the active roster. They acquired him last year the trade deadline, pitched a little bit, then went to the IL. Was not a part of the postseason run this year, but on the IL more than he has pitched in games. Left hander Cole Irvin as a Kirsten mentioned recalled from Triple A Oklahoma City. He is a surveyed high school product here in Southern California. Blake trying it on the IL with the right elbow inflammation, Tyler Glassdow on the IL at the backspasms. Both are throwing to hitters. Will Smith is progressing with his neck inflammation. Blake Snell's going to go out on one more rehab assignment in Triple A, Oklahoma City has been announced before he gets activated to the big league roster. All right, Last night, the Dodgers had a big win over the Mariners, couple runs, an in by Mookie Betts, and afterwards caught up with DV.
Speaker 5: The Dodgers win another series, this one against the Mariners with a six to two win. And I saw this guy before the game. When you look good, you feel good, you play good. And nobody looked better before the game than Marcus Lynn Betts when he had that stride in the clubhouse and then the very first inning a two run double to help the Dodgers get going. How did it feel to have such a big contribution tonight? And did you feel good because you look good?
Speaker 3: I guess I felt pretty good. Thank you for that, But yeah, no, it feels great. You know, have been able to come through in those spots, especially early against a really good pitcher. So you know the I guess looking good helped me today.
Speaker 4: No doubt you had that glow today.
Speaker 3: Hey, I don't know what it was best, but I love the confidence they are giving me.
Speaker 5: Thank you, doubt, No doubt you should have that confidence because you're a four time World Series champion.
Speaker 4: You never let down.
Speaker 5: This team doesn't seem like it's going to let down either.
Speaker 4: No, we're we're gonna keep going.
Speaker 3: I mean, we got we got to we uh we we know what's at stake here and we know it's gonna take.
Speaker 4: A while for us to get there, but we got to play goodball to do it.
Speaker 5: Thanks a lot for stopping. It's fun to win. You guys have won every series since the All Star Break.
Speaker 4: Oh, I mean, I guess that's cool for whatever. I mean, like I said, we're just playing a game that we.
Speaker 3: Always know how to play. We're playing with love and passion with each other, and so it's just showing.
Speaker 5: It's great to have a front row seat. Thanks a lot for stopping, Yes, sir, thanks best.
Speaker 6: All right, there's Mookie betch. Yeah, this Dodger team just keeps on winning. Now sixty nine and forty on the season, best record in all of baseball, as the Dodgers have a twelve game lead in the division going into play tonight. When we continue here on Morongo, because you know Dodgers on deck, we will check in with David vast state what is going on with Brock Stewart just can't stay healthy?
Speaker 4: Can the Dodger reliever? We'll find out more So we lead.
Speaker 6: Up to Dodgers and Red Sox on this hot Friday night. I'm Tim Kakes's back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: As we were saying yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and Red Sox starting a three game set at Garland Riquez. Well, it'll be the opener Ranger Swarez adventure in left tender.
Speaker 4: We'll start for Boston.
Speaker 6: First pitch coming up to seven ten Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Alpato, born in La and made for your game day. El Pato brings Mexican style tomato, sauces, salsas and hot sauces authentically right to your plate every single time.
Speaker 4: Helpato Gourmet in a.
Speaker 2: Can joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 5: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Bassi.
Speaker 4: All right, DV. Brock Stewart back to the injured list. He just can't stay healthy.
Speaker 5: He really can't. And the shoulder has popped up again it did earlier in the season. Remember he had some issues with his left land leg as well. He had some bone spurs at the top of his left foot. I thought it was interesting in a red flag type of way when I was out here at won thirty this afternoon, Tim and brock Stewart, who's usually a friendly guy, just stomped past me and he was followed by bullpen coach Josh Bard, who never comes out to watch a reliever play catch, and then their trainer, Jonathan irb from the bullpen also came out to watch him, and there was Connor McGinnis as well, and you could see Stuart motioning towards his elbow shoulder area after he was done playing catch from about seventy feet. So it makes sense that with the bullpen game tonight, the Dodgers can't take any chances. So Cole Irvin, who he got to know in spring training, he's been starting for the OKC comments today was his scheduled start day. He's here and is definitely going to be part of tonight's game.
Speaker 6: David is brought to you by a Ford Summer sales event. Oh wait, hurrying now for the best offers of the year for the official vehicle of Major League Baseball. It's Kyle Tucker Bobblehead Night for the first forty thousand through the turnstiles and IDV. Why is he struggled, especially at home, so much this year.
Speaker 5: That's a great question. I'm not sure people realize just the drastic difference that Kyle Tucker has performed at Dodger Stadium compared to away from Dodgers Stadium. He's played fifty one games on the road. Tonight will be his fifty second at Dodger Stadium, and here at Dodger Stadium, a stadium that he saw the ball well and hit pretty well when he came here with the Astros and Cubs. He's only hitting two to four at home this year, with two home runs and seventeen RBIs compared to his road splits two sixty five, seven home runs thirty four RBIs. Getting on base at a three seventy clip compared to a two to ninety four clip slugging four, you're thirty eight away from Dodger Stadium, two hundred points less at Dodger Stadium. So whatever it is, it's drastic. And if Tucker would just perform here at home the way he has on the road, we would be talking about a very Kyle Tucker like season, no.
Speaker 1: Doubt about it.
Speaker 6: Has great information, all right, DV the Red Sox in town for three. The connections between these two, there's a lot of.
Speaker 1: Them there is.
Speaker 5: Let's start with the manager, Dave Roberts, who arguably stole the biggest bass in Baseball World Series history for the Red Sox in two thousand and four. Mookie Betts, a favorite son of Boston who was traded to the Dodgers for guy's name, Connor Wong and Alex Verdugo. And also Chad Tracy, the Red Sox manager interim manager, is the son of former Dodger manager Jim Tracy, who Dave Roberts played for when he was playing for the Dodgers. So there always seems to be some sort of connection. And oh, by the way, Tim today on this date in two thousand and eight, the Dodgers and Red Sox made a big time trade for Manny Ramirez. Many Wood was born today in two thousand and eight.
Speaker 6: The connections between the two, they certainly go deep. All right, David, great stuff. I'll check back you with you. And just a little bit, David was gonna go one on one with the manager Dave Roberts, who he alluded to coming up at about fifteen minutes. But when we continue here on Morago Casino Dodgers on deck, your Dodgers magical moment, don't you go anywhere. I'm Tim Kass, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: Now this is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game.
Speaker 1: On your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and the Red Sox. The first of three. Edgardo Enriquez will serve as the open tonight in a bullpen game for the Dodgers Rangers swore as the veteran left hander on the mound from Boston. First pitch coming up at seven ten, I hear.
Speaker 1: Not a Bollain who went hot. It's time for the Hawfe magical moment.
Speaker 2: It's magical presented by Howey.
Speaker 4: Hot Dogs Well.
Speaker 6: These two teams squared off in the twenty eighteen World Series.
Speaker 4: Who Can Forget?
Speaker 6: Game three out at Dodger Stadium, October twenty sixth, the game that took seven hours and twenty minutes to play, the longest game in world's history, World Series history by time played. Sold out crowd saw the game go eighteen innings. Yes, finally, Max Munsey ended it.
Speaker 11: Baldy on three and two five ball left center field.
Speaker 1: Well hit back.
Speaker 11: At the wall, and the longest World Series game in history has come to an end a mighty blast by Max Monthy. The Dodgers are back from the dead. They win it three to two. They moved back to within two games to one in the twenty eighteen World Series, an historic game at Dodgers Stadium, and Monsey is being pummeled.
Speaker 1: At the plate.
Speaker 6: Max Mounsey with the dramatic game winning solo home run at the bottom of the eighteenth inning and off Nathan Vivaldi. The two teams combined to use eighteen pitchers, nine by each, setting an all time postseason record. A record forty four players appeared in that game. Three of the twenty eighteen World series in which Max Mountsey walked it off with the home run. This Hofey Magical moment brought to by Hofey hot Dogs, Hofey Soako's local treasure for nearly one hundred years, Hoffey hot Dogs, Local and so great. Will we continue here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on day We'll check back in with a Rick Monday. The leads up to first pitch Dodgers and Red Sox on this hot Friday night. I'm Tim Kas' is the back to back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the Blue All Season.
Speaker 6: Law Law has the Dodgers and the Red Sox Game one of a three game weekend set to the hot one out there time Now for the Verizon startup is we are thirty five minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in that low prize for three years so you can save big.
Speaker 4: Visit your so Cal Horizon store today.
Speaker 2: And now joined by David Maas saying, here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series Champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 5: Well, Rick Monday knows the Tracy family really well Rick Monday knew Chad Tracy's dad, the former Dodger manager, Jim Tracy. Really well, do you remember young Chad Tracy.
Speaker 9: Let me tell you what used to do when Jim was the manager here. The boys would come into town for whatever reason, they started talking about chili one night, so I would bring in Kansa chili and that was a big deal. And then I see, isa, hey, where's my can of chili? And what a turn around it has been, because I mean it was the rest Socks could not get out of the way to begin the season with Well, they made a managerial change, they made coaching changes. By the way they have counting Chad Tracy, they have six different coaches and the managers that are labeled as interim. But it's worked out. I mean you start to look what they've done. They were thirty two and forty six on the twenty fifth of June. Well since that time, they've won twenty five of the last thirty and in the month of July they've gone twenty wins and three losses. It is a different team and did not take them lightly right now because they're not only trying to get higher in the wild card but is it possible. I mean there's seven games behind Tampa and what three and a half behind the New York Yankees in America League East.
Speaker 5: Can we just back up a second. You just said you used to bring Chad Tracy cans of chili.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I don't remember me it was Chad specifically or his brother, but in close contact and used to go into Gym's office because of the time I did the manager's reports, which was basically I would hold the microphone and look at Jim as you well know, and say, Hi, how are you this afternoon, and just giving the microphone and four minutes later he would hand it back to me and I throw at the commercial break.
Speaker 5: Yeah, one question would be enough, right, Yeah, yeah, exactly. Hey you caught something that happened to another Dodger minor league?
Speaker 9: Well, recently, there are tough seasons and then there are really difficult seasons. And it's been a tough one for Alec Thomas. You know, as you recall earlier on this year he was leg though by the Arizona Diamondbacks after twenty eight games where he hit just one to eighty one. So he has been, you know, one of the outstanding defensive players, the offense has kind of gone a rye trying to find it back and with the Dodgers now they signed him. Playing at TRIPAA well the other night and they were playing in Sacramento and the river Cats mascot on an electric scooter coming down the warning track in foul territory between the right field foul pull and the first base visiting dougout come speeding down towards home plate. Alec Thomas is coming out of the dugout to go warmm up, loosen up on the field prior to game time, and he got clocked by the mask on. I mean, he was just knocked, you know what, over tea kettle. And if then you can look at it, it's on what foul Territory TV click on that you can see. I mean it was a pretty good and he stayed in the game and was seen to be okay.
Speaker 5: What's wild about all that, Rick is not only did Alec Thomas get clocked by a mascot this way, but how about earlier in the season, another Dodger prospect, Kendall George, a dog got tripped by a dog that was a back.
Speaker 9: Dog and a severe injury. On top of that, so yeah, and that was about the same area right outside the dugout. So yeah, be wary of leaving the first base dugout.
Speaker 1: No kidding, have your head on a swivel.
Speaker 5: Have you seen so many gimmick skick players injured in the mining shield?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 9: No, but so uh what brings you to the hospital? Well, I got clocked by a mascot on an electric scooter.
Speaker 5: That's as bad as going down a mascot slide and breaking your wrist and ribs.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but you answered the bell that Now you went to the hospital, got things taking care of, got a cast, and he came back and did your job during the ball game.
Speaker 5: Hey, you're my biggest cheerleader, Rick, Yeah, from afar, Thank you. I won't tell anybody.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 5: Look forward to hearing you and Charlie stuff for elected scooters. Thanks Rick, Thanks for the warning. We'll send it back to you in the studio. Tim all right.
Speaker 6: Thanks a lot of DV Dodgers Baseball is presented by Uniclo Field at Dodgers Stadium. Visit Unicloe dot com slash us still to come here, We'll get you a previou this pitch. He matched Charlie and Rick Love the keys of the game. But up next, well down to the manager's office with Dave Roberts. High and Tight Dodgers and Red Sox first pitch of seven ten. I'm Tim Kates as the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio A network.
Speaker 2: As we were saying yes is Marongo Casino. Dodgers on Jack On the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and Red Sox squaring off on this Friday night. Kyle Tucker Bobblehead Night, and gardoalen Riquez is the opener. Ranger Suarez on the Mound from Boston. Dodgers Baseball brought to you by the Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast.
Speaker 4: Win is game Night. It's group night at Shaky dot Com.
Speaker 2: And now what will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 4: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is High and Tight.
Speaker 5: It's a big day at Dodgers Stadium. The Red Sox are in town. Always fun when La and Boston and sports hook up together. And a guy that knows all about that is our guy. Dave Roberts, three time World Series winning manager, also a big part of the four championship for the Red Sox. And it's all presented by Downy Hunday. Dave, thanks a lot for the time. Appreciate it, Dave. Good to be with you always as we sit here in my office. And you mentioned the Boston Los Angeles and it takes me back to my childhood rooting for Magic against the Celtics and obviously my time in Boston. But you know, whenever the Red Sox and the Dodgers get together, it's always a big ticket. And you know, the Red Sox quite frankly in the last month or playing the best baseball if anyone, So it'll be good test for us. You played for Jim Tracy when you were with the Dodgers. Now his son, Chad Tracy is the interim manager for the Red Sox. Do you remember this little kid, Chad Tracy running around the clubhouse?
Speaker 12: I do, and he was kind of I think maybe round ten, and so yeah, I mean Deb Tracy, his wife, and I remember the boys being around, and so yeah, it's just something that you know, I never you know, saw myself as becoming a major league manager, but now Chad Tracy and I are going to be an opposing dugouts, which is pretty crazy, no doubt.
Speaker 5: Dave Roberts is our guest. It's the manager's Meeting presented by Downy Hunday. You got a bullpen game today and you got a fresh arm from Oklahoma City Cole Irvin.
Speaker 12: Yeah, so we got Cole Irvin certainly pitched in the big leagues and it's good to get him up here, and he's going to take the bulk of this game tonight. And unfortunately the corresponding move was brock Stewart and Broad had some shoulder problems and it's one of those things that after the updown didn't feel great. Could probably pitch to it. But I think for us right now, given we've got the calendar on our side, that we're going to aisle him, expect to be back on that fifteenth day. But yeah, I mean, I think I'm excited to see what Cole can do.
Speaker 5: And you got show Hey Otani back in the starting lineup tonight as the DH. What's the conversations like between you and him on a daily basis to check in on how he's feeling.
Speaker 12: You know, it's not daily I think that I check in on him in the sense of how you're doing and kind of pleasantries, but as far as like getting into hey, how does your new feel today? Is it a one to ten? On a one to ten or tomorrow? How does your free kne feel? That's not what I'm trying to do. I think that for me, you're watching show hey, seeing how he's you know, carry himself, how he's running the grimaces if there are. He's obviously talking to the training stuff, and so that's kind of the extent of it. I don't want to kind of every time he sees me ask how he needs to do it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, can you help us understand? Obviously we understand the pounding and the force of a big man like him pitching, but how does it separate being a hitter and running the bases going first to third. It seems like it would be really difficult to separate that for all of us.
Speaker 12: Yeah, you know what, it is interesting. I think that specific to the left leg, the landing, that's what takes most of the brunt of the torque on the pitching. So that's kind of what causes that problem with the knee and with the hitting. It's his back knee as a left handed hitter, and it's a turn and that's more of the hips and it's not an Actually the front knee, the right knee, and the hitting side takes a brunt of the torque because you hit off of your front side. So it actually in the perfect world because he throws right hits, but it doesn't affect the hitting.
Speaker 5: Dave Roberts is our guest. You're not the only guy with the Boston connection. Obviously, Mookie Betts played there for a while. You guys acquired him. Where is Mookie at in his season and do you believe that it's all about him ramping up to be his best in October?
Speaker 7: I do.
Speaker 12: The defense has been consistent. It's been gold gold glove caliber. I think the last couple of days, I've loved the intent with the bat. I think that for the Dodger fans that are watching him, you can see the aggressiveness in his swings, and so I like that try to sort of imposing as well. I think Tao's done a lot of that same thing the last couple of days. I'm thinking about giving Mooki one of the next two days off after we get through tonight's game. But he's in a good spot. He's in a good spot and you know, excited for what's to come the next two months.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's end it on this. Since you brought up to Oscar Hernandez, it was special to see you get out of the dugout and give him an ovation with the catch that he made two nights ago. Are you starting to see Tao show that life at the right time?
Speaker 8: We are?
Speaker 9: We are?
Speaker 12: And I think the thing is with me is Tao is a great guy, great teammate, easy going. But for me, I just wanted to see a little bit more interest, a little bit more kind of urgency. And that play that he made, He's played considerable deep better than he did last year defensively, and I just really liked him selling out right there. And you know, just that night, I was talking about certain plays can change the course of a game, and the last play of the game doesn't win or lose the game. It's the plays that lead up to that last play, that last inning, and so that play that he made changed outcome the course of that game, and so I just wanted to celebrate him right there.
Speaker 5: Don't forget this, Dave. You can't spell October without tao.
Speaker 8: Ha ha ha.
Speaker 5: I love it, David, thanks a lot for the time, and look you got out clean. I never even asked you about the trade deadline.
Speaker 12: Thank you for that. I'm sure you'll talk to me later, Thank.
Speaker 1: You, David.
Speaker 5: Well, look to see how high the high five with you and Otani is before the game tonight.
Speaker 12: Sounds good. It's good to get show Hey back. And I still got a bad knee too, so I don't know how high we can get.
Speaker 5: All right, that's the manager, Dave Roberts. He's been our guest and we always remind you that in summer without a medical emergency kit, that's a risk. Be ready with an urgent care kit, say forty five dollars at check out with code blue at urgentcarekit dot com slash blue. We'll send it back to you. Tim.
Speaker 6: All right, thanks a lot of DV Thank you, Skipper. Leaning up to first pitch Dodgers and the Red Sox. First pitch coming up at seventeen. But up next we'll di have a deeper of this pitching matchup. I'm Tim kats Is, the back to back roll series champion Dodgers.
Speaker 4: All you'll know work.
Speaker 2: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and the Red Sox, the start of a three game series on Kyle Tucker Bobblehead Night for the first forty attendance.
Speaker 4: First pitch coming up at sevent ten, and.
Speaker 2: Now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching.
Speaker 4: Matchup, brought to you by your Toyota dealers. We make it easy. Rangers.
Speaker 6: Swarez veteran left handra on the mound for the Red Sox four and three with the three to zero two E. R Ray's thirty years old out of Venezuela, his ninth season now in the big leagues, eight years with the Phillies, his first with the Red Sox. A fastball, sinker, cutter, curveball, he could throw it all. Making his nineteenth start this season. He missed two weeks this month with a groin injury, but other than that he's.
Speaker 4: Been really good.
Speaker 6: So why he was an All Star selected but didn't pitch because he was injured with the groin At the time, ranks top ten and innings pitched in the American League and Erray. He's allowed three or fewer runs in eleven of his thirteen starts this season or last last thirteen stars, I should say last time out. Four shutout innings, four hits, six strikeouts, and a no decision against the Blue Jays. Dodgers have seen him a lot again. He's with the Phillies for a long time. Eight appearances against the Blue five starts, he's three and two with a three to sixty four ER. At Guardo Enriquez will be the opener for the Dodgers. A twenty four year old right hand or four in one with a two seventy nine ERA, he can blow smoke one hundred mile an hour fastball. Plus two full seasons down the big leagues. Remember he made his first appearance in the big leagues in twenty twenty four, but really his second full season twenty two appearances last year. This year, already at Gardo and Riquez forty one appearances out of the bullpen. This is his first as the opener. He pitched last night against the Mariners a third of an INNY through nineteen pitches in five bullpen games this season, the Dodgers are two to three. Most recently they lost to the Yankees two to one in Game two of a double header at Yankee Stadium.
Speaker 4: Back on that last.
Speaker 6: Road trip, after at Gardo Enriquez, you heard Dave Roberts mentioned to it just a few minutes ago, the veteran left hander Cole Irvin expected to pick up a lot of the outs.
Speaker 4: Thirty two year old.
Speaker 6: The veteran left hander twenty starts in Triple A this year in Oklahoma City a three point fifty eight ERA and fifty five strikeouts. He actually leads the Pacific Pacific Coast League and ERA and wins nine. He was a non roster and vit this spring for the Dodgers. Pitched in Korea last year. He's got big league experience. He's pitched for the Phillies, the A's, the Orioles, and the Twins again last year overseas. But back at it with the Dodgers getting called up from Triple A. It it'll be at Gardo and Riquez though, to start things off as the opener against Rangers, Suarez, Dodgers and Red Socks. We're fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game. Our next I'm Tim Kates.
Speaker 4: Is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers.
Speaker 6: All you that one.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tap on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 6: Good Dodgers and Red Sox meeting up Interleague series. Dodgers fresh off taking two of three from the Seattle Mariners. They start at the night best record in baseball, twelve games up over Arizona in the Division at Gardo Enriquez will be the opener for the Blue and what is a bullpen game? Rangers swore as the left hander will go for Boston first pitch.
Speaker 4: He is coming up at seven tens.
Speaker 6: We'll get you ready for the start of the game with a Sapporo start great moment, Start with Supporo beer.
Speaker 4: Whatever your taste preference.
Speaker 6: Sapporo has you covered with a variety of crisp and refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beers. Yep, Soapporo's good with sushi, but great with baseball. Let's go back out to the booth one final time before first pitch. Charlie siiner Rick Monday, guys, All right, Tim.
Speaker 8: The Dodgers and the Red Sox get ready for the first of a pre game series. The Red Sox come in having won twenty five of their last thirty that got into business back in nineteen oh one. Never have they had a thirty game span like this one twenty five and five. All Right, So for the Dodgers, tonight is going to be a bullpen game, and we'll begin with Enriquez.
Speaker 9: Well, we saw him last night, coming on nineteen pitches twelve and we're in the strike zone a third of an inning. This is his first major league start. He's made now forty two appearances out of the bullpen. The Dodgers have to figure out how they get to range as Warriors. Oh, they have seen him when he wore the Philadelphia uniform. But Risarez all Star in the America League. He had a stint on the injured list, just got off a few days ago. But if you look at what he's done, it allowed three runs or less in eleven of his last thirteen starts.
Speaker 8: Making his nineteenth start of the year four and three, a three to oh two Dodgers magic number. Yeah, it is the end of July, just down to forty two. They begin the night a twelve game lead over second place Arizona. Lineups and first pitch coming up.
Speaker 6: All right, that twelve game lead now down to eleven and a half games, as the Arizona Diamondbacks have just finished off the Cleveland Guardians in Cleveland with a win. So the Diamondbacks now winners of three in a row, seven of their last ten, and they won't go away. So the Dodgers need to win to maintain that lead in the division or see that come down by another game. Meanwhile, the Padres start the night fourteen games back in the NL West there at home against the San Francisco Giants. Padres are one nothing lead early. David Bats say, we'll get you caught up in at this game is over.
Speaker 4: He'll have all the postgame reaction as well. First pitch is next Dodgers in Red Sox.
Speaker 6: This has been Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, on your back and back
Speaker 4: World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network