Speaker 1: It is the Jesse Kelly Show, Final hour of The Jesse Kelly Show on an amazing Friday. One more hour, and it's weekend time. I mean, it's already weekend time. That's all we're doing is having fun here, and we have all kinds of things going on this hour. Jesse, you said these folks, he said. On Rand Paul, he said, you said these folks was rental cars. And you're always saying sorry, It's just gonna be hard to get through this. I'm gonna have to kind of sound it out because a lot of these words aren't right. Let me try this again. On Ran Paul, you said these folks was rental cars. And you're always saying we are at war with communists, So.
Speaker 2: Being we are at war and we are limited on time, it's a okay for honest abe Rand Paul to demand an apology before we can move on with deportation.
Speaker 1: Look, I like your way of thinking and all but consistent. It's consistency makes the master. Why is it bad when one guy does it for his system? Card that when it's vanity for super principled Rand Paul, then it's okay. Please please apologize. He's making fun of Rand Paul, but he's he's trying to call me out on something. WHOA, what you just said is fine, don't It's really important. It's really really important to listen to what I say instead of what you think I say. And I mean not to be insulting. It is really really important. I didn't defend Rand Paul voting against Mark Wayne Mullen because he was offended. But I didn't different that's not at all what I said, not even a little bit of what I said, And I made it crystal maybe not clear enough. I made it crystal clear that it was not about Rand Paul or Mark Wayne Mullen. It was not about the vote or DHS secretary or it wasn't about any of that. It wasn't about choosing a side between the two. What I said was for you and for me. If you disagree with somebody publicly, if you make it public, that person will never forget it and it may very well come back to bite you one day. In fact, I have a little story for you. I am going to change a couple of names, but I have a little story for you. I have a friend of mine. He's a good guy, really good guy, and he is one of the big shots at a DC publication. It's probably a website you go to, I'll put it that way. He is one of the big decision makers at this place. All right now, this is a true story. Four or five years ago. My guy was on social media and I don't remember the subject. He put out a statement on a subject, an issue, something. It was something. I believe it was critical of Joe Biden, as my guy did, but put out something critical of Joe Biden. When he put that out there, a young early twenties writer, he's a dude, a young early twenties writer, disagreed with my friend totally fine, but didn't say, hey, I don't agree with this, hey, or we could look at it this way instead. He and I remember it like it was yesterday, called my friend and I quote a retard publicly ha ha ha, you retard. This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard, and Bop publicly sent that out there to my buddy. Fast forward. I think it was a couple of years. Guess who turned in an application because he needed a job and wanted to start writing. Guess where that application got turned in. Guess whose application did not get considered. Now, that's not a defense of my buddy. Maybe the guy was a great writer deserved a job. It's not a defense of the other guy who called somebody a retard. It's not. This is a lesson for you and me to control your frickin mouth in public. Control your mouth in public. Ex wife, I know she deserves all that hate on Facebook.
Speaker 3: Shut up publicly about it. I know your former employer screwed you over. You were owde vacation time. You should have got that promotion instead, he laid you off. He's a jerk, I know he is.
Speaker 1: I know he is. Keep it off Twitter, please, because you need a job now or you'll need a job in five years. And your next employer is watching how you conduct yourself out there, and if you.
Speaker 4: Go to Facebook and lamb base them, your next job disappears, disappears.
Speaker 1: This is not me defending Ram.
Speaker 4: Paul voting against Mark Wayne Mullen. This was me using this situation to remind you to control your freaking mouth in public. Years ago, Ran Paul was assaulted by a dirty comedy you know the story, Broken Ribs.
Speaker 1: It was a very serious affair. Mark Wayne Mullen and Ran Paul very clearly despise each other. I got that. I don't give a crap if their friends or not. Mark Wayne Mullen went to the media. This is years ago, years ago, went to the media and said, good, basically good, he's a snake publicly did it years ago. Everyone else, you and me, everyone else under the sun totally forgot Mark Wayne Mullen said it. Who even cared? You know who didn't forget Mark Wayne Mullen said it ran Paul, the man who's voting now.
Speaker 5: He told the media that I was a freaking snake and that you completely understood why I had been assaulted, and I was shocked they would justify and celebrate this violin assault that caused me so much pain in my family, so much pain. I just wonder if someone who applauds violence against their political opponents is the right person to lead an agency that has struggled to accept limits to the proper use of force. You went on to brag that you'd already told me to my face that you completely understood and approved of the assault. Well, that's a lie. You got a chance today. You can either continue to lie or you can correct the record. You have never had the courage to look me in the eye and tell me that the assault was justified. So today you'll have your chance.
Speaker 1: I guess raand Paul didn't forget like you and I did. You criticize someone in public, you have officially made them an enemy for life. They will remember it, and your future prospects will be fewer because in that moment of anger an extra glass of whiskey you couldn't control your freaking mouth in public. Is the lesson Greeting's fellow oracle. It's the half Chilean American Indian professor. Again. I bet this guy's freaking cool. Chris. Anyway, I need your advice. My mom's family came here after a Yen day. Pause a Yen day that would be Salvador a Yen day. He is the communist, worthless piece of trash who took over. He's stole an election. I know you're gonna find that surprising. He took over a Chile back in the day, and Pinochet had to basically declare a civil war and fight him to defeat him, and then killed a bunch of communists. But that's another story. After a En Day took over, a lot of people had to flee Chile when the day took over, because I know you're gonna find the shocking he started killing people. My mom, grandma, and grandpa are all fierce anti communists. My uncle, after serving honorably in the Navy during the Gulf One, is now a never Trump liberal complete TDS. He thinks will be swept up in the mass deportations because we're quote not white. My grandma says, we are white, and more importantly, she says, we're Americans who did things the right way and thus have nothing to fear. I remember you saying, if it doesn't apply to you, don't apply to don't apply it to you. You talk of liberal aunt, Peggy, how do I deal with liberal uncle? And I'm not going to say his name, just in case he is listening. And he says, ps, we need less foreign wars and more mats deportations. All right, how do you deal with him? Well, first you have to understand him. And we've talked about this. Your uncle lives in a world that is not real. It is a world that has been carefully constructed for him by the media, by the communists and the media, the communists and the Democrat Party. The communists in Hollywood, the communists, the communists he listens to, pays attention to have fed him lie after lie after lie after lie after lie after lie after lie, and now he lives in a world that is not real. That that's the hardest part to accept, is that Jesse Kelly Show on a wonderful, wonderful Friday and ask doctor Jesse Friday. You can get your questions emailed in right now to Jesse at Jesse kellyshow dot com. Jesse does Trump listen to your show? I hope? So my question is can Trump push John Doom thuon to get the Save Act and other important legislation passed? What if any leverage does he have over the Senate majority? Leader Thune can change the rules with a simple vote. All right, let's focus on this, this subject of leverage, because this is something that a lot of people get and a lot of people don't get. Negotiations on negotiations are about leverage. How much do you have? And it's important to get as much of it as you possibly can because that is your true power. So Donald Trump versus John Thune, what leverage does Trump have? Not much? And this is one of those things that Trump has pretty consistently missed, to be honest with you, the leverage Donald Trump has over establishment geo peers who decap his agenda. The real leverage he has is that his endorsement is a huge motivating factor for people people Donald people on the right, they pay more attention to what Donald Trump says than anyone else by a mile. And when Donald Trump says I love him, the people love him. And when Donald Trump points to a guy and says I hate him, the people hate him. Donald Trump's endorsement is extremely powerful. Now combine that with this fact. Donald Trump consistently endorses the biggest swampy idiot rat losers in Washington, d C. In election after election after election after election after election. All of them, all the ones you hate the most. Almost every one of them. Can hold up a Donald Trump endorsement to your face right now, Look, Trump endorse me. Trump endorsed me. Well, that's his leverage. That was the leverage. Why does John Thune need Donald Trump. John Thune's going to be in the United States Senate until he decides to retire or die. Donald Trump is gone in three years. Donald Trump doesn't have leverage over John Thune. Now, and this is why I rant so much about blocking and tackling. So let's rewind so Jesse can be obnoxious and say I told you so. I'm not doing this for me. I'm doing this as a lesson in the future. If you've been listening, you remember after Donald Trump won the election, the GOP had control the Senate. Once you take control of the Senate and the House, we'll focus on the Senate. Then the members, the GOP members or Democrat if they're in control. The GOP members after the election, after they have control, they get together themselves and they have a vote internally on the leadership, who will lead the GOP, who will be the Senate majority leader, who will do who? There is a vote amongst the senators. Not very sexy, is it. You might not have even known that that's a thing, but it is a thing. In that moment, because I knew it was a thing, I stood right here, sat right here behind this microphone and screamed until I lost my voice that if we allow John Thune to take over the United States Senate, that it was going to be a huge problem for Donald Trump and Donald Trump's agenda. And I screamed at the Trump White House about this. I said, you better stop this. Now, you have to stop this. You better stop this. You better step in. What are you doing? You better stop? You better stop. It's gonna be a problem, and here we are. It's a problem. Donald Trump, for everything he does well, often often ignores the blocking and tackling of politics that is essential for getting things done. What leverage does he have? Oh, you have it, Chris, Chris, you don't have to pull it up. And Chris already found me saying that if you're interested. November seventh, twenty twenty four, hour two of the show, you can go listen to it. Donald Trump is awful at the blocking and tackling of politics. What what leverage does he have over John Thune? Now none? That leverage is gone. He can continue to put out angry social media posts, he can scream, but John Thune will be in Washington, DC long after Donald Trump is gone. John Thune is the six year term senator. Like they all do, these these swamp rat senators. They're all just trying to wait him out so they can get rid of him and go back to doing their normal things. Lindsey Graham has screwed over Trump's America First Agenda more times than I can count, and Lindsey Graham gets Donald Trump's endorsement, and half a second Donald Trump goes down to South Carolina and gets on stage to campaign for him. I can't. I don't know what to tell you.
Speaker 4: You can't ignore the blocking and tackling of politics and get things done.
Speaker 1: You can't. What do you have, Chris? What is it? Go ahead, just play it whatever it is. Oh, you're just giving me the I know it's about to be break time, Chris. I got it anyway. That's the truth. That's your leverage when you're the president and you have the bully pulpit. I'll endorse your primary opponent. I'll take you out. I'll do this.
Speaker 4: And Donald Trump's busy trying to take out Thomas Massey instead of Lindsey Graham.
Speaker 1: I won't know what to tell you.
Speaker 2: Want me tell you.
Speaker 1: It's terrible.
Speaker 4: Walking and tackling's terrible. It's good at some things. His garbage at that.
Speaker 1: We'll move on. Some guys thinking about joining the National Guard. Hang on. It is the Jesse Kelly Show on a magnificent Friday. If you miss any part of the show, you can download at iheard Spotify iTunes. So credit to Jewish producer Chris who went scrambling during the break. In case you're wondering, John Thune sucks. John Thune's what do we do now?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 1: Why can't we make John Tune do things well? Now it's too late. Here was me on November seventh, two thousand and twenty four. I tried. There are three people running for it, Cornyn, Thuon Scott. Of those three, no matter what you think of Rick Scott, Cornyan and Thune are an unmitigated disaster in every way. If John Cornyan or John Thune take over the Senate majority leader position, then congratulations. Mitch McConnell didn't retire, He just got younger. It's a continuation of everything that has frustrated you, everything that has kneecapped our movement. The Mitch McConnell's who get up after the Uvalde school shooting and talk about how we need gun control. Wow, we really need to work with our friends across the aisle. You think those days are done? If it's John Thune or John Cornyan, John Corny's the one he got to help him do it.
Speaker 4: John Cornan's the one who worked with Democrats to pass gun control.
Speaker 1: In the wake of a mass shooting. If it's Cornyn or Thune, it's a disaster. I don't like Reg Scott, okay, whatever, don't care. I'm not his son, I'm not friends with him. I don't know the guy. Not saying he's perfect at all. He is light years, light years better than the other two. And that's really important, And now we find out it's important. Jesse the Vest, what is a great mafioso such as yourself? Listen to when he drives to the office, your fellow talk show hosts, or do you jam out to Greta van Fleet or Leonard Skinnard. You don't strike me as a Madonna type, but I could be wrong. Okay, uh dead silence most of the time. Listen, everybody, Why are Chris and Corey yelling at me? Chris said, is it because of my dad? Maybe? Those who have listened to the show for a while. No, that my father hated fun. He hated it with a passion, and he would drag me out of bed and we'd be going hunting in Montana, and Montana's big place. So sometimes a four or five hour drive was not at all outside of the question. You just getting in the car and you go. And this is before the era of the smartphone, and he generally would not allow any music to be played either. And it's not as if he wanted to talk. We weren't going to be talking. So it was just dead silence, just driving along, no phone, no music. You just I mean, you want to know why I have problems, mental problems. This is why you just sit alone for a while. It's like I've been in prison.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I like music. I don't like it near as much as hardcore music people. I'll come home. Ab is a huge music person. I have to go over and t it off or turn it down. She starts yelling, what are you doing to my music? My best buddy, Louise, we hang out all the time, no matter what's going on. Kids were in the pool, something like that. Louise immediately pulls out a speaker blast music. I can't hear myself, think, I can't hear what anyone says. I'm always turning down the music. He's going over and turning up the music. As far as fellow talk show hosts go, I do not listen to any of them ever. Not a word of it, not a word of it, And I do that on purpose. My mentor, Michael Barry told me when I first started to be careful ever listening to anyone else, because it's human nature. You will inadvertently like something they say, or think something they say was interesting, and then you'll take it and use it as your own. And you get caught doing that one time, then everyone thinks you're a rip off artist and you're not authentic. So every stupid word out of my mouth is one that I came up with completely on my own, just rattling around in my head. The only exception to this is on a Friday on occasion, in fact, I may do this tonight when have we done here? Half hour twenty five minutes. When I go home on a Friday night, especially if I'm gonna take ab out to dinner or something like that, I will occasionally turn on some music to get kind of pepped up and go. The other exception is if I'm nerding out on a history subject, I'll occasionally download some painful history podcast and listen to These nerds drown you in too much detail and they don't know how to tell a story, and it's absolutely brutal. What Chris, What Chris said? So I listened to myself. You know that's not very nice, Chris, that's not very nice. Yes, I do listen to myself for your information. Okay, it's the best show. It's the show I've come to love. I'll tell you. It's just when I listen to me, I think to myself, he has so much talent. I mean, look look at what the Oracle came up with two years ago. There are three people running for it, Cornnuon, Scott. Of those three, no matter what you think of Rick, Scott, Cornan and Thune are an unmitigated disaster man. He nailed that. He nailed that. What Chris texts your friends about? Do you're recovering? Crayon er? Several months ago, before things heated up in the Middle East, I started the enlistment process for becoming a weekend warrior in the Army National Guard. Current events and depreciating military branch nicknames aside, I'm still committed to the decision, as I think it offers me a healthy compromise between serving my country and being present as a husband and father of my two little boys. It sure does, sure does. I also think it will give me increased discipline and confidence as I strive to be a better man and awesome as someone with family commitments who is not joining just out of high school, what would be your general recommendation in choosing an mos The adventurous part of me thinks something like the artillery could be fun, but the practical side thinks that something in a support role with civilian applicable skills might offer greater career benefits. And he thoughts, no, go do something cool, No, no career benefits. Sounds like my father. Sounds exactly like my father. My dad was so mad at me when I joined the Marines because I didn't ask him, and then the only thing that made him angrier. I didn't think he could be angrier in that exact moment. And then he drops this question on me, Well, at least tell me you signed up to do something that will help you make some money after you're out. And that's when I had to inform him that I joined the infantry. Oh my gosh, he was furious. But if you're gonna go have an adventure, go have an adventure? What Chris? What Chris? See? Chris says like Chris is so mad at me because we had little We had these little offers that would come in to go be a mercenary. Essentially, you know, everyone wants a trained infantry marine, like thirty thousand dollars a month a month to go kill poachers in Africa. Now, there were no benefits to it. It's not like you were getting healthcare benefits or something like that, and you probably die in the whole process. Chris is so mad I didn't do it. He's so mad I didn't do it. There was no way I could face my mother if I finished four years in the Marine Corps and survived Iraq and then came home and told her I was heading off to Zimbabwe to go getting gunfights with poachers over the rhinos or something like that. I could never tell that poor thing what Chris? What Chris? Chris said, how much it was going to be? Thirty thousand dollars a month? More money than you? I mean, whoever has made that in their lifetime? Right, It's just insane money. Thirty thousand dollars a month. People don't make thirty thousand dollars a freaking year. But I was kind of done with all the death stuff. Speaking of all that stuff's let's remember that we are currently in another war and people were dying. Final segment of the Jesse Kelly Show on a Fantastic Friday. It's been a great ask doctor Jesse Friday, if there are no emergency room visits, I will be right back here on Monday to do medal of honor Monday. I give you my word. Let's get through these. Jesse. What are your thoughts on California Governor Gavin Newsom referring to his wife as first partner instead of first lady. It might be the gayest thing I've ever heard in my entire life. And I can't believe we've gotten to this place. Is a society, We're just the complete destruction of words and roles and things like that, where that's a thing. And I also, as I said yesterday, I find it to be hysterical how hard Gavin Newsom has worked and is working to make himself sound normal, and then his wife hits the podcast circuit and here she is.
Speaker 6: There's so much to learn from same sex couples who have learned to communicate and who also are like, well, look, you know, someone's got to do the care work. And same sex male couple. Someone's got to do that. So I'm just going to do it. And this is like and not be afraid or a shame because it's part of being human. We're all on a spectrum, right, It's just how society, Chris is on a spectrum, kind of pushes us and pressures us into these limiting gender roles. But again that the folks on the far right they're missing is just this they're they're living in this silo, this evangelical conservative silo that ultimately is it's just pulling us back as a country to a time and a place where we don't deserve to be, and we're not going to be because honestly, young women and fathers of daughters are awake now and they're woke and they're not gonna let us go back. And so I have so much hope because of that, And obviously California has a huge responsibility to leave.
Speaker 1: Vin Newsom's first partner is out there torpedo wing his presidential efforts. Jesse, you disagree with fries on a sandwich? What about potato chips? Peeb and Jay was with Middlesworth barbecue chips. Chris, if you had Middlesworth barbecue chips, Corey, I've never heard of this. I like a good barbecue chip is a must Yins just don't understand. I've had potato chips on a sandwich and it's okay. It's hard. It's hard to have potato chips ever be bad. But if you want a little tidbit, here's a little tidbit from Jesse. Just trust me. You gotta trust me, trust the men you whisper on something. Forget about the sandwich. Crumble up some potato chips, even barbecue chips. Put them in vanilla ice cream. Put them in your ice cream, Chris, don't make that face when you've never even tried it. Hey, Jesse, I grew up in San Jose in northern California, where Caesar Chavez is revered. Half the city is named after him, and working class Mexican Americans love the guy. I grew up with these people, which is how I know that Chavez was actually a hardcore anti illegal immigration activist. He was a US Navy veteran who had mobs show up at the border and physically stop illegals. Could this all be an attempt to smear him in death because he undermines their cultural Marxist narrative. Okay, So I saw it was out of the blue yesterday. The day before that, Caesar Chavez was getting smeared as some sort of a predator of women, and these ladies are coming forward fifty years later. I have to tell my tale, and I never trust these things. I'm not saying that anybody is lying because I have no idea, and neither do you. And guess what, we'll never know. Now, we'll never know. Those women might be telling the truth. And if they are, screw Caesar Javez. And those women might be paid operatives. They might be lying through their teeth for whatever reason. And if that's the case, screw them. But when this stuff comes out years after somebody's dead, I always look. I'm a skeptic by nature. I always give it that whole side. I look, Okay, there are sure, Okay, dear doctor Jesse. I was thinking recently you should do a what if history question? I'd like to start the trend by this. I like these, Actually, what if battleship Bismarck was designed as an aircraft carrier, Well, then it wouldn't be a battleship for one, but two, remember the Bismarck was that gigantic German battleship that was sunk in nineteen forty one. The Germans put all this money into up into it and it was considered the largest, most powerful thing out there, and then it just went to the bottom of the ocean. This is what this is. This is the thing about combat. Combat changes, and you can have the largest best thing in the world now, but if the technology has changed, then your largest best thing in the world can be just a huge waste of money. He brought up the question, and actually it's a great question if these powers, if the Axis powers in World War Two had taken so much money that they sunk into this thing or that thing and instead put that money into aircraft carriers and naval aviation, we might be having an entirely different conversation today about World War Two. In the way it went. World War two was a submarine slash air craft carrier war, and a big reason the United States of America was able to dominate the way it was is that we could bring planes anywhere where there was water, and we could bring a lot of them. And not only that, we had the manufacturing to protect our plane carrying ships aircraft carriers. We had the technology to protect them on the way there, and the countries that couldn't do it, and that was most of the other countries suffered immensely. Germany seems to do this every once in a while. They'll kick off some large war, but they never have the navy to make sure the German people actually eat during the freaking large war, and so things go south for them. You can never be only a naval power or only a land power. And frankly, now that the air is involved, you have to be in the skies too. Look at what's happening in Iran right now, the Iranian regime. Not that anyone's gonna feel sorry for those dirt balls, the Iranian regime. They have to wake up every day and just wonder what did the Americans and Israelis blow up today? And they can't do a thing about that? How wild is that they can? You can't do anything but watch. To lose air superiority in combat is a wild, wild thing. It's a frightening thing. And be very very grateful. Here's a good thing to be grateful for going into the weekend. Be very grateful that you and I have never been in a situation where our country has lost air supremacy and the other side can just bomb us any time, any place they want. That is a terrifying place to be in life. You don't ever want to get there. Praise God for America, right, put your phone down, put a smile on your face, going drew your weekend. That's all