Speaker 1: This is the Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tope Sheldon Roundtable show Love from Longnecks, presented by Postman Law. Brought to you in part by Honda East and Onto East Power Equipment Dealer, Skyline Chili feeling good. It's Skyline time. R and L Carriers. Visit RLC dot com and make R and L Carriers your global transportation provider, your tri state Chevy Dealers, Chevrolet the number one selling brand in Cincinnati for the past nine years. Chevrolet Together, Let's drive Postman Law Injured called eight four four Postman Others promise, Postman delivers and by Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tope Sheldon five one three five one three t oph On seven hundred WLW the home of the best Bengals coverage.
Speaker 2: Anyway, we go our number two underway from Longnecks in Heburn. Shout out to young Beckett who just stopped up and said hello to Rockets they go bombers. Yeah, I's Beckett, Thanks for stopping by tonight. We are into our second and final hour tonight with a lot to get to He's Rocky on Lance, Let's get to it. Let's talk you see Bearcats Saturday Night Nip at night hosting number eleven BYU at his senior night big noon kickoff in town for an or early morning celebration of UC football, the day that will be in college football. Let's get perspective on that. Demand from Bearcat Journal dot com Chad Brendle, how are you.
Speaker 3: Delightful? I feel like I just saw Rocky. I feel like I just got done talking for three hours.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, all right, let's start here. And I don't want to make this about Brendan Sorees because I feel like I pick on him sometimes. What has caused this offense to get bogged down here during this stretch?
Speaker 4: I think against Utah? Utah is just better, Yeah, Mike, I just flat out like one through eleven, Utah's got a better defense in Cincinnati has an offense. Against Arizona, there were plays to be had and Cincinnati didn't make them. I mean there were there were multiple drops on plays that would have extended drives Shorsby.
Speaker 3: I didn't think put the ball in a bad spot all that often.
Speaker 4: I thought he did pretty well considering when you look at the numbers, it says he had a bad game, But if you go back and look, I thought he was pretty effective.
Speaker 3: They just are in this.
Speaker 4: This spot where they need their best players to be their best players, and the last two weeks they haven't been. And it was insurmountable against Utah because of the you know, the talent disparity. I thought Arizona was the first time this season they were playing a team with a pretty equal level of talent and got out played. And some of that is on Sowersby, but some of it is just a function of the offense and general. Far too many three and outs, just way too many three and outs. And you saw it the entire second and third quarter. It was just like, let's see.
Speaker 3: How fast we can get rid of the foot.
Speaker 4: It was hot potato with the football lance.
Speaker 5: And chan I said this to you earlier on a brighter note. I have Alabama this weekend. So I was looking up, Okay, how's you know their offensive line? I was looking up the Joe Moore Award semi finalists. So Joe Moore Award goes to college football's best offensive line. Not only was Alabama not on there. Not only was Ohio State and others not on there, but you see was you see offensive line one of ten semi finalists for the Joe Moore Award. I thought that was pretty cool talk about that group.
Speaker 4: I mean, they've only allowed three tacks on the season, which is incredible considering how much they throw the football and how often Brendan Sorosby's in the pocket. And then you mix that with also being one of the better run game offensive lines in the sport, and you know, it's a huge testament to Nick Cardwell, it's a huge testament to Zach Grant and Jack Griffin for their ability to identify in the portal and find Joe Cotton and find Taran Tayo. I mean, remember last year we were talking they're losing three NFL quality linements left tackle, left guard, right guard, Like, oh my goodness, what's this offense? What's the how are they going to be able to piece this offensive line together? And they got better and those guys have been really good in pretty much every facet of the game. Now they're going to get a major test again against BYU.
Speaker 3: BYU like to heat you up.
Speaker 4: They bring a lot of pressure. They'll blitz five, they'll blit six.
Speaker 3: So the job's not done yet. But man, they've had an excellent season.
Speaker 2: It is a senior night Saturday night. I believe twenty two of them, a group headlined by Dante Corleone, Gavin gear Hurt. You're around, You've been around this program, around the these guys, you see classes come and go. Just give a little context or a perspective on what this group. Kind of your takeaway on this group and their impact on this program.
Speaker 4: Especially Gavin and Dante.
Speaker 3: Those guys have.
Speaker 4: Had literal millions of reasons to not be loyal to this program. You're right, they were brought in by a different coach, there was a downturn, they didn't win at the rate that they were used to winning in this era of college football. There are a whole bunch of Gavin Gerhart's and Dante Corleones that put themselves on the open market, went to the highest bidder, and went about their business. Those two guys, one from Xenia, one from Cincinnati, they love this football program as much as just about anybody I've ever encountered through U SEE football over nineteen years of doing this, and I really for those two guys specifically, I really want to see them finish this thing strong, because remember they came in you know, Peach Bowl and Cotton Bowl, and you know, college football playoffs and you're young and you feel like it's gonna last forever, and then there was a downturn. Man, I'd love nothing more than to see them and this thing at nine and three, whether they can make it into the Big twelve championship game or not. I just want to see them both go out on a high note, because they're such high quality kids, and in this day and age, it's really hard to find guys of that quality that are loyal and love the school and the program as much as those two have shown over the years. I mean, gosh, guys, how many millions could Dante Not that he hasn't been fairly compensated at Cincinnati, but on the open market, my goodness, how much money he could have made.
Speaker 2: You. You probably more than most, maybe more than any. You have a finger on the pulse of the fan base and how they view what goes on with this program. I don't want to say Saturday Night is a must, but you know, the thought of in some corners there's a deja vu fuel going on of we've seen this team start fast and then fade. How big is Saturday Night?
Speaker 4: I think it's huge, Just you know, I think part of the problem, especially this year, like your three hardest games of the season are these three games, Yeah, Utah, Arizona BYU. So you did a great job winning the games you were supposed to win and fighting to that point where you were seven and one. Now you've got to go out and show that the program has taken the next step. And BYU's probably a little bit more talented than Cincinnati top to bottom.
Speaker 3: Go beat a team.
Speaker 4: That's a little bit better than you, like. I think that's the thing that fans are waiting for before they really.
Speaker 3: Buy in, because that's that's what you know.
Speaker 4: That's what Arizona State did last year when Arizona State was in a very similar position to Cincinnati, sitting there at the end of the season with a couple conference losses. They needed things to break the right way. They won those games down the stretch, and then the tiebreaker fell their way. Well, you know how you make the tiebreaker fall your way. You beat BYU on Saturday, and then you've got a leg up because you beat one of the best teams in the conference. So I think the fan base wants to buy in, wants.
Speaker 3: To believe, but they need that moment.
Speaker 4: They need that, you know, that action from the program to signal, Okay, we're back and we're ready to win this type of game. That's what Saturday night is all about. And the line would tell you, and BYU on the road would tell you. They beat Colorado by one. Okay, they were tied with Iowa State in the fourth quarter. They were down by ten to Arizona with four minutes left in the game. They all they won all those three games, of course, because they're really good. And then they got blown out of Texas Tech. Those are their four conference road games. The opportunity if Cincinnati plays well is there to beat BYU. Go do it.
Speaker 2: Last thought, I gotta ask you a basketball question for tomorrow night. Speaking of lines, I don't know the ones posted yet. I would assume you see somewhere in the neighborhood of eight and a half to a ten point dog tomorrow night. What what does UC have to do to hang with and perhaps knock off Louisville tomorrow night?
Speaker 4: Surprisingly lanced and I think you're probably right on where the line is gonna fall.
Speaker 3: Ken Tom has this.
Speaker 4: As a five point game, oh eighty three to seventy eight.
Speaker 3: Louisville they're gonna have to defend. I mean, I.
Speaker 4: Want to see what Louisville looks like when they're out of their comfort zone offensively.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they've played four games, They've scored.
Speaker 4: Over one hundred and three times and ninety six in the other Yeah. Can Cincinnati's high end defense make Louisville a little uncomfortable? You know, you probably are going to have to hope for some help from the uh the depth perception at Heritage Bank Arena. I got, I got breaking news for you, Lance.
Speaker 3: This is this is exclusive.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, there there will be new rims at Heritage Bank Arena.
Speaker 3: For this game.
Speaker 4: New floor and new rims being brought in for this to the old Like you know that the rims are terrible at Heritage Bank Arena. New rims will be there tomorrow night.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: I would think if new rims that haven't been used yet, they'd probably be a little tight.
Speaker 3: But that's just me.
Speaker 4: Uh, But you need you need Louisville to be a little cold and and some of that is going to be Cincinnati's defense, and then you need to make some shots, Like if you go three and a half for five minute stretches without getting a bucket. Louislle's probably going to run you out of the gym. So you know, play good defense and don't have the long scoring droughts. Get things to that final seven eight minutes and see where the chips fall.
Speaker 2: So new rims tighter and defense, so it'll be sixty to fifty nine. You see wins at the buzzer and both teams shoot thirty.
Speaker 3: From the field. Can't take the under.
Speaker 2: Can't take that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, real quick? Yes, if you have not seen Louisville play, enjoy something.
Speaker 3: Mikeel Brown. Oh that MIKEL.
Speaker 4: Brown is my goodness, outstanding. I mean, I know Boozer and Debanta and Peterson get all the love in this class, but I have Mike de Corsi on today.
Speaker 3: And you know who, Mike said.
Speaker 4: This kid kind of reminded him of who Tyrese Haliburton, Shay Gilgus Alexander type player.
Speaker 3: Oh is that all? Wow? Yeah, that's all.
Speaker 4: That's just just two of the best guards, maybe the two best guards right now in the NBA.
Speaker 3: He is that good. He is.
Speaker 4: Cincinnati will absolutely have their hands full trying to stop him tomorrow night.
Speaker 3: And they have.
Speaker 2: And I was talking about this with Pat the other night on the show. They have ninety assist on one hundred and thirty three baskets. They've got sixty eight percent of their baskets are assisted on, and they're averaging twenty two assistant game.
Speaker 4: And the other thing is, I know people look at him as like a three point shooting team because they do shoot it really well. They are eighth in the country and two point field goal percentage at sixty one point eight percent, So they shoot the three at a really high level, and they shoot the two at an even higher level. Threes in dunks. That's what Pat Kelsey's team does. It It's gonna be a challenge for the Bear capt.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow night, no doubt about it.
Speaker 4: Thanks sir, appreciate you, gentlemen.
Speaker 3: Suck soon.